Old 07-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #1  
only14me

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Coming back 2 Atlins - Looking for Buddy

Hello All, I am new to this site. Everyone seems so friendly and I thought I would try to have a support system this go around with low carb. The last time I lost about 40 - 45 pounds but over time slipped back to bad habits and I have had a difficult time starting over again. I have gained that weight back plus 10 pounds! Low carb is truly the only diet that I have ever had success with since it's easy to figure out and you're not left starving. Hoping to find someone that would be willing to a buddy with me. I plan to begin this Saturday after stocking up at the supermarket!
atkinsretread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

I am on Atkins for another try too. I like it better this time. I love that I don't feel hungry very often. No cravings either. I have lost 15 pounds in the 3 and a half weeks I have been doing Atkins. Can't complain about that! I've got a long way to go though. I need to lose 100 pounds yet.
So welcome!!
BluebirdLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:11 AM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya arTread & bbLu!

I've recently returned to Atkins after being successful with it a few years ago. (I could have written your Post arTread! LOL!) I've met some wonderful buds in the Atkins Weekly Chat & this site and glad I've returned!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #4  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Atkinsretread,
Welcome!
Good for you for starting again! You will find all the support and encouragment you need here, because we have all been there and done that.
So feel free to write anything that is on your mind, if you want to vent, we're here for you.
YOU CAN LOSE weight this time around!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'9"

I too am new, although I've been lurking for quite some time before signing up. I started the atkins 3 1/2 weeks ago and lost 13 lbs so far. This is my 2nd time at doing it as well. I never realized what good foods I could've been eating when I did it the 1st time. It's so easy and I feel better about what I'm putting into my body. Everytime I see other people drinking pop and eating junk food I get disgusted thinking what all they're putting into their systems and how bad it really is. The only thing is that the Atkins does take some creativity at mealtime. There's only so many times you can eat eggs, steak, and chicken. I just recently added low sugar/low carb yogurt to my menu. I LOVE it. My taste buds just go wild. That's what I eat now for breakfast. It has 3 carbs.

Good luck, and hope to seeing you around!
2songbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #6  
Mrs. Determined

I don't know you Ladies know about a website called Linda's Low Carb? It has very good recipes even for the induction phase. I made quite a few meals from it and they are really good.
It may help out when you want to be creative. That's what it did for me.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #7  

Thanks for the ideas: the low carb yogurt and the website.

What brand is the yogurt?? I have never seen any around here, but may not have noticed it.

I plan to go to the website tomorrow, when I am fresh and have more time.

Thanks for all the welcomes!!
BluebirdLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 AM   #8  
only14me

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all of the encouragement! I'm gong to need it since I have a boyfriend that LOVES to cook and eat out. So many temptations but he knows that I am not happy with my weight (even though he is! LOL!). I feel like I am hurting his feelings when I can't eat some of the things he cooks. He's very supportive it's just difficult to for him to understand some of the more strict low carb guidelines. He also lives a couple of hours away so we commute each weekend to see each other. It's hard when he's here and I can't have the foods in the house that he likes to eat...

Regardless, I am excited...he's just going to have to eat out!
atkinsretread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'9"

I have to check the yogurt, but I remember it's light and fit and advertises low sugar/low carb on the package. I almost passed it up, and they only have 2 available flavors, at least at where I went (walmart).

My hubby is Italian and loves to cook, but he's been very supportative. He'll try to cook what I can eat, and always checks with me. As for eating out, Ruby tuesdays and Friday's offers low carb selections. For instance, when we go to Friday's, I get their Cobb salad with ranch dressing. Ummm, it's yummy.

I'm not eating so much meat anymore, more of breadless sandwich wraps with cream cheese (which I now look forward to), and a salad comprised of sliced turkey, pepperoni, egg, cheese, and veggies. I top with dry bleu cheese and whatever dressing.

I told DH last night that i"m really starting to like this diet. THere's so many options out there for me to eat. I just never realized this the first time I did the atkins 4/5 years ago.
2songbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #10  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

I think Light n' Fit is made by Dannon, but I'm not 100% sure. I do remember that I've eaten a low-carb yogurt by them that was FABULOUS.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #11  
Mrs. Determined

Hi Everybody,
Atkinsretread, you will be surprised what your boyfriend can cook while you are on Atkins! Grilling is probably the one thing my husband always looks forward to doing. Do fish and all kinds of seafood, chicken, steak, your veggies you can even grill romaine lettuce now. There is so much that we can eat, and he can still cook for you.
If you check out 'Linda's Low Carb Recipes", you must do the "diner potatoes". It's made out of Cauliflower and it is fantastic. It taste almost like the hash brown casserole from Crackerbarrel. I'm serious!

2songbirds, I feel the same way about the food, it's not even what I thought it would be like. And you know what, with me the more I keep eating this way, the fuller you start to feel just by eating your regular portions. Normally I would get seconds but now I get full and don't want to over eat.
Good for you, on your motivation!!