Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Light as air

Height: 5'1"

Cool Hi Chickies! I'm new-ish here

Hey everyone, it's a pleasure to finally introduce myself to you all. I've been lurking for some time now, unsure if I would be welcome here, but everyone seems so kind and understanding that I can't imagine otherwise.
Lessee...My name is Cindy and I'm a sophomore in college in California. A few years ago I struggled with anorexia, and I continue to struggle with many of the disordered thoughts/ horrible body image that go with it. For the past five years or so (excluding a brief period of sanity ), my eating has been "out of control" one way or another. I do not eat regular meals, I binge fairly regularly, and what I do eat isn't very nourishing.
Since my first serious relationship ended a month ago, I've really been fighting to keep my head up, but this has wreaked even more havoc with my eating patterns, because I am truly broken-hearted. All the "What's wrong with me? Why would he break up with me? Am I boring/ugly/too needy etc.?" So, right now my next important step is to decide that I need to actually eat. I know, crazy stuff.
Other general stuff...I'm Jewish by birth and currently leaning towards Catholicism. I love to bike, hike, write poetry, sing, and just generally hang out and have deep conversation! I have amazing friends, but I feel like I should have a place to come to and not put my problems on them all the time, even though they're totally willing to listen. Hence, here I am! Yay The emoticons here are awesome hehe. Anyway, I'm so glad to be here and I hope I can be of help around here.
Oh P.S. Does anyone know why my siggy isn't showing up? Thanx

Last edited by Jewcy; 07-16-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: addition
Jewcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Hi Jewcy, and welcome!

There is a little box under where you enter your message, it says "Show your signature". Is that box ticked?

Nice to have you here!
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Jewcy, welcome! It's great to have you here.
I'm so sorry about your breakup. I hope that you can work through it soon.

If I was still a mod, I'd take a look at your sig and fix it...

Harpo, darling, are you out there?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #4  
Determined Loser

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5

Hey Jewcy,
I feel your pain, I recently graduated college and understand where your coming from.
And no there is NOTHING wrong with you, its him and his issues. I know its hard, but you have to remember boys come and go, you need to be true to yourself. I think, and this is my opinion, that you need to work on your eating issues and your view of yourself, before you can focus on a man.
Now this is great advice, but I can't seem to follow my own advice. It is always easier to give advice then to try to follow your own.
If you need someone to talk to I am all ears.

Kelly
KellyZ01 is offline   Reply With Quote