Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 10:24 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Wednesday - December 19 Daily Thread

Hello girls!
Just getting the thread going.
I am a bit nervous cos tomorrow I'm going to WI to see if I'm still under goal - and if I am, I'll get my second gold star to put on my keyring! Fingers crossed all is well, but what with the amount of eating and drinking I've been doing these past few weeks I can't be sure. Of course, I've been extra good today, but I wonder if I've left it too late now!
How is everyone else doing today? Getting all excited about Christmas (and babies!)?
Back in a mo, gotta go do some work!
Kirsty
Old 12-19-2001, 10:31 AM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Good morning Kirsty! Good luck tomorrow at WI!

It has been soooo quiet here this week. Everyone must be busy getting ready for Christmas. We are having our first snow today, but it is yucky - very wet and sloppy. I hate winter!!

I am going on yet another date tonight. I swear, I am becoming a professional dater (not something I am proud of!) I am meeting one of the guys that I met at that Fast Dater thing last week for drinks. I'll let you know how it goes. My date last Friday was okay. The guy was funny, smart, nice, etc., but I just wasn't attracted to him. I know he wants to see me again. I get so frustrated whenever I go on a good date and could really care less if I ever see him again! What is wrong with me??? I am soooo picky and it makes casual dating very difficult!
Oh well. In 8 months between work and law school, I will not have time for anyone!

Have a good one!
Old 12-19-2001, 10:42 AM   #3  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Golly I've missed you girls! I've been so busy, my eyes are crossing! I went to WI and gained 2.5# I deserve it. I ate at my fav mexican restaurant TWICE last week!!!! Not to mention christmas goodies! So, back on track this morning with oatmeal and a WW lunch. Thankfully all the goodies are gone...eaten by me, but at least I can't eat anymore!
Kirsty: Good luck at WI!! I know you'll do great!
JKarr: Good luck on your date!! That's good that you are picky! I was picky too and I thought I'd never get married!
Well, must get back to work. My boss is off today, but the bigger boss isn't and he's working me to death! At least he's cool about it, though. hmmm People skills make a ton of difference!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:10 PM   #4  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello! Long time no see - I've been working like a mad thing trying to finish the stuff I was working on in time for the hols. Blokey broke up from school today so now he'll be about and fretting for the computer during the day ... I am in 2 minds whether to try and work another 2 days or give up and do fun things. What do you reckon?

Guess what?! I got all my hair cut off yesterday - short short, and kind of spiky if I put wax in it, and tonight I'm dying it red! I needed an image kickstart - have been lazy and piggy lately, and I'm 14lbs up on my lowest weight, so I thought it would be fun to do something about it. And I got a new pair of jeans (still the same size - yippee!) and a body warmer. So trendy! I'll get some photos and post one ...

Just watching a Christmas music show on the telly - a live recording from 1992 on Fairytale of New York and Shane and Kirsty are BOTH totally hammered. I love it though - my fave Xmas record EVER. I loved Kirsty McColl - saw her live a few months before she died. I even have a signed CD!

Kirsty - good luck at WI. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully see you after New Year, maybe if Kier gets to London we can all get together (can you believe I haven't been to LOndon since May? It's only an hour away - how shameful is that?)

Jen - good luck on the date! Wow, it's forever since I dated. Like Stacey says, I was picky too and never thought I'd get married, but there's just 5 months till the big day now, so just enjoy yourself and the guy will turn up when you're least expecting him

Hugs everyone!

Lxxx
Old 12-19-2001, 01:23 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone.
I've been Christmas baking like mad and believe it or not, I've managed not to do too much sampling. I'm staying under my minimum so that when I do sample I won't get too far over. I figure with all this stuff, if I can manage to maintain, where I am, I'll be thrilled.
Speaking of thrilled - my niece came home from the hospital yesterday - YAY!! SHe's doing amazingly well and all the doctors are very happy with her progress. I made a special gingerbread man just for her.
Well, internet police is back from break.
Have a great day, I'll sneak on later.
KT
Old 12-19-2001, 04:21 PM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi girlies!

I just ate a brownie. I had a cheeseburger for lunch. I CAN'T STOP EATING! I haven't even gotten on the scale lately because I'm scared. I need to get back on track before I throw everything away. Nothing is even tasting very good, but I'm eating it anyway and feeling like crap afterward. This is not good.

I need to be hypnotized or something.

Lolly: Your hair sounds COOL! You must post pics! I've been trying to grow my hair out and avoiding my hairdresser because she charged me $30 for a trim last time. I went to a place in the mall for $18 last week, cuz I didn't need anything but about a 1/2 inch snipped off the bottom. Then I tried to highlight it myself and didn't do so great. I have a weird little pattern on the top of my head. If anyone's noticed, they haven't said anything to me!

Jen: Good luck on the date! Nothing wrong with being picky.

Hi to Kirsty, Stacey and KT ... where has everyone been? On vacation already? I'm not going anywhere until the day after Christmas. Christmas Eve I'm actually covering something at 6 p.m. I figured I didn't have anything else to do ... Sad, huh? BF is working late, 3 to 2 a.m. I'll find someone to hang out with, I hope!
Old 12-19-2001, 04:27 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls just a quickie b/c my puter ate my paper and now im redoing EVERYTHING and have to clean and cook
lol
I feel like cinderella now where did i put my shoes?
Old 12-19-2001, 08:01 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls...I have been MIA lately, busy with work and getting ready for xmas and haveing my xmas with my family...how are you all?

I have to tell you I am not doing well. I have a kidney infection, and I am in a lot of pain. Work is busy and stressful. My dad is taking my mom to court in a couple of weeks (long story, basically I am reliving the divorce) and to make it even more fun, I leave for NB on Friday.

The thing is, its this ex thing again! I mean, I know that I am living with b/f and all, but I asked him one thing, which was to not have her come over on xmas day. It being my first xmas away from home, and I don't particularly want the ex to be there. and he basically told me to **** right off. He said its his bday and I had no right to impose limitations, that she would probably visit that day and he would'nt tell her what day she could visit or not.

I am so hurt. He is out on the couch right now, not caring that I am hurt, and I am angry too. Angry b/c I asked him one thing, one SMALL thing and he can't do that for me. HE can't say to that ***** that its our first xmas together, can she hold off til boxing day, or come on the 23rd or something.

he also said if I don't go along, tough ****. He is still seeing her, and I can't stand in his way of his "friendships". Then he went on to say that he is still attracted to her, its hormonal and that there is no difference btw thinking someone is good-looking and wanting to jump their bones.

We watched Bridget jones again last night and I found myself wishing I had a Mark Darcy. I guess he is not it b/c if I am to be honest with myself, he is not over her. If he was, and he truly loved me, he'd tell me that he loved me and tell her to not come on xmas day. But he won't even do that for me.

So, I guess I made a big mistake again.

I wanna know where my confidence went.

you know, on Friday he got really hammered so he was all hung over on Saturday and didnt' wanna come with me to the nursing home to deliver gifts and sing, but he found time to call her and make arrangements to see her in NB.

I wish I didnt' feel so lonely and unimportant. ANd he wonders why I don't trust him and why I feel poorly about myself...hmmm...

Well, thanks for letting me vent. I needed someone to "talk"to.

Belle
Old 12-19-2001, 10:11 PM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Hi gals n' pals!

How is everyone doing?? I've had a terribly hectic day and I'm so glad its now over Can you believe Christmas is almost here? I'm excited because tomorrow we are opening our gifts to each other. Its seems like such a waste of time to haul them to the parents open them and then haul them back again. On Friday night my inlaws are stopping for the night on their way to some relatives that live fours south of us. We're going have our Christmas with them that evening! Fun! Then I'm getting up early Saturday driving the two and a half hours home! I can't wait! I get nine whole days off in a row! Yippee!! DF can't come home until the 24th because he's gotta work and then he's gotta be back up here on the 29th. I don't have to be back here until the 31st! Cool! So in the meantime I'm rushing around like a mad hornet trying to get everything finished before Friday. I finally finished my shopping today-Woohoo! Now I've got to get the apartment clean and do a bunch of baking. Only two more days of work left! Its been so great at workthis week! I've gotten so many presents from my regular clients! The amazing thing is that I haven't received any candy or chocolate! Of course my boss has tons of chocolates around. Tonight we were munching on brandy filled chocolates and we ate ao many we had all had a tiny buzz going on!! Pretty bad when you're working in health care and you're doing that at work! As you can tell my eating is still crap. I've basically given up for this week. Next week doesn't look like a time for new beginnings either so we'll have to see what happens. I'm scared to step on the scale that's for sure! Anyway enough of my babble!

Kirsty, good luck with your WI. Let us know if you got your star!

JenK, good luck with your date. Let us know how it goes. I'm so glad I'm off that circuit! The old cliche's true-you'll find love when you're not looking!

Kier you're so silly! Now I've got that song in my head that the mice sing...Cinderelly Cinderelly Nice and ....(well the tune anyway! I can't remember anymore words!)

Lolly your hair sounds fab! Show us pics as soon as you can! When I go home next week I'm going to borrow my Dad's scanner and finally share some pics with you guys. About whether you should work or play for the next few days I definitely vote for PLAY!!!

Hi Stace! Just wondering..How can someone working you to death be cool?? So those evil Christmas goodies have been calling your name too? Don't you just love this time of the year!

Hi KT! Glad your neice is doing so great! Makes for an even more joyous time of the year! Congrats on staying under your points with baking around! Keep up the great work!

Kim-I having the same type of problem-everytime I turn around I've got 10 points in my mouth! Or probably more since I haven't even been counting this week! I figure there's always next year! I hope that your Christmas isn't lonely. Do you at least get to cover something interesting on Christmas Eve or do you know yet? Where are you going hte day after Christmas? Does BF get to go with?

Belle-sweetie! I hope things aren't as bad as they sound! I can think of all thses horrible things to say about men but I won't. Its not like it'll make you feel bettter anyway. I hope that your time there isn't stressful and somehow things turn out for you. Hopefully he'll realize what a great person you are and that you can't be taken for granted. Take care of yourself and try not to stress too much. I'll be thinking of you.

Hopefully I'll find a few minutes before Friday to pop in again. If not everyone have a very Merry Christmas. I might be able to sneak onto one of my relatives computers over the holidays to see how you all are. Take care!

Rina
Closed Thread