Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat July 16 - July 22

Yes for another week. I had a great weekend. As you may remember I went up to MSU to visit a bunch of my friends on Friday. It was amazing. I hadn’t seen most of the people that were up there in like a year so needless to say most were shocked. I can’t tell you how many complements I received from everyone who knew me on how good I looked. My former supervisor said she thought I had gastricbypass (sp?). She could not believe how good I looked. One of the best was my friend saw me and said “Wow”, long pause, “you look amazing”. Another one of my friends, the one that actually got me to start working out, said that had seen pictures of me online but she wasn’t sure how much weight I lost and how much was an illusion in the pictures and angles. But now she knew it wasn’t an illusion. We went to the bar and I didn’t over eat. I had went out to dinner with a friend of mine prior to going out and didn’t order anything to eat at the bar (and I love their food. I did drink, probable more then I should, but I also drank a ton of water. I avoided doing shots at the bar. All in all it was a good night and I don’t feel guilty about it at all.

Then Saturday I went to my cousin’s graduation party. I didn’t overeat there either. I had a piece of pork and a chicken leg but I didn’t eat the skin. I had about .25 cup of potato salad and the rest of my plate was veggies and fruit. I had one brownie bit for dessert, but no giant muffin, no cake, no giant chocolate brownies with frosting. I also had diet coke instead of beer. I ran around a bunch chasing after my nephew. My family was shocked because they hadn’t seen me in a year and a half. My grandma actually thought my uncle didn’t recognize me and made the comment about it and he said I know, I just gave her a hug.

How was everyone else’s weekend?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #2  

hey,

wow, remmeber how to smile u have lost an absolutely fantastic amount of weight.... WELL DONE! (just noticed frm the side bar!) ........ bet ur grandma being pround of u must have made u feel really good!

The weekend was pretty good.... did a bit of munching bu tnot too much... and plenty of running..... its today tht has been a problem, eating wise, since morning i have eaten loads!
This is why,
5 jaffa cakes - 250 cals
1/4 piizza - 350 cals
lentil soup - 100 cals
2 spoonfull of sticky toffee pud - 100cal
some crisps - 100 cal!

havent even had my dinner yet! Feel lousy!!!!!!!!
shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #3  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

That's great RememberHowtoSmile I bet hearing all of those compliments was good to hear after all the hard work.

My weekend was okay. Worked mostly. Yesterday, I went healthy food shopping and bought some things others have mentioned in the FAVORITE SNACKS post. Tomorrow is my first day off in a long time and I think I may go to a park nearby for a run.

Today so far
1 can of ensure
1 apple
2 tbsp of fat free cool whip
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Remember... that is awesome!! How long did it take you? Keep up the amazing job, you are an inspiration. I bet it felt nice to receive all of those compliments, it is a great motivator.

My weekend was pretty good, I kept up with my working out so I am on plan for my July exercise goals. I did not lose any weight this past week but at least I didn't gain any. I think my TOM is coming I have wanted, and sometimes do, to eat everything in sight.

So far today:

3 veggie bites by morningstar
cucumber salad

Lunch will be a frozen meal probably lean cuisine and I am not sure about dinner yet.

shmoo - maybe you are eating that much because you were running all weekend, I think sometimes has to do with why I eat more than usual.

Hey I have a question, if you eat something that does not taste really great do you feel unsatisified and want to eat something else?

This weekend I had a frozen pizza from Healthy Choice, (small town = not many choices) and it was gross, so then I wanted to eat something else and I would have eaten anything, I wonder why this happens?!

Have a great day!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #5  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Hi guys! I'm new and this is my first post here. You can find my intro in the getting to know you thread.

Remember, congrats on all your weight loss! That must have been a great feeling to wow all those people!

I weighed myself for the first time today since starting the 5-Factor diet and fitness plan 6 days ago, and was so excited to find that I had lost 3.6 pounds! I was dreading getting on the scale and seeing the same old numbers, so that was all the motivation I needed to keep going! And that was even in spite of my free day on Saturday, when I ate a HUGE hamburger and cheesefries! So needless to say I was satisfied!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #6  

shmoo - I agree that the extra running around might have caused you to eat more. I find on days that I do a bunch of stuff I eat more.

MaNdA22 - Good job on buying the healthy snacks. I find if I don't keep any junk food only health food around that I feel as if I'm in more control.

helpmelose - I agree with you that if I eat something that I don't really like I am still hungry. I think it is a mental thing, even though you might have eaten sufficient calories you mind still isn't satisfied. Lately if I eat something and it doesn't taste good to me within the first few bits I'll stop eating it and find something else. I would rather waste food then eat the extra calories.
Do you find that the Lean Cuisine's are the best frozen dinners? I've heard good things about them. I'm looking at my upcoming semester in school and realized how busy it is looking and I think I'm going to have to start buying frozen dinners for a couple of lunch or dinners a week.

TxBrittany - Everyone here is wonderful. You'll find a lot of support. I never use to do the weekly chat threads but I've gotten really into them over the summer because I find that it is nice to just chat about everything from weight to life.

In general thanks to all the complements. I do feel amazing about it.

I'm really proud of myself today. Whenever I buy crackers or other junk food I always say I am going to subdivide them into single serving packs but never do. Today I planned on having goldfish crackers as a snack. I opened the bag and before eating my first one I split them up into 70 calories bags (a serving is 140 calories but I made half servings). Then I took the wheat thins I got over the weekend to snack on in the car and divided them into single serving bags. This will help with mindless munching and with sneaking in a few extras every time I eat them.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #7  

Remember: I have only tried one lean cuisine, it was the meatloaf and potatoes and it was ok. I am sure there are still better ones out there. When I got to super walmart I am going to find different brands that were recommended in the yuck... post. I hope I find something that I will really enjoy. I think it is a great idea to divide the snacks into snack size bags, I agree that it can cut back on how much you eat, I don't do it, but I think I am going to start. Where do you go to school? I am getting ready to go to Ohio State in the fall, I am very excited, I have not yet registered so I don't know my class load yet but I am ready to tackle it!

Dinner Plans: chicken baked in the oven, side: mushrooms & sugar snap peas w/ garlic and olive oil - yummy!, and probably a salad.

Exercise for the day : Extreme Makeover DVD - monday workout - this was my first time using this DVD and man the cardio workouts are tough!! But I am going to stick to it and hopefully I will see some results in a couple weeks!

TxBrittany I hope you find how supportive everyone is! I love this website, I come on here about 2-3x a day! I think it is great!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

RememberToSmile aww, i'm so proud of you! you've accomplished so much. keep up the great work!

shnmoo no worries, we all have those bad days. we're only human, and sometimes just give in.. but as long as you change the way you eat the rest of the day, and exercise..then it's all good! just get some exercise in there, and you'll feel better!

TxBrittany welcome! this site is really supportive and postive, we're all here for each other. congrats on your weightloss, that's really awesome!

helpmelose oh man, i definitely feel like i need to eat something else if i just ate something that didn't taste good or wasn't satisfying...i guess maybe because i want a good tasting meal to enjoy, so i feel like a meal isn't a meal if i didn't like it? if that makes sense? heh

as for me, i'm working in the banquet department this week for my internship.. and i totally felt like Andi in The Devil's Wear Prada. All these girls i'm going to be working with are stick thin (not that i want to be like that!), with stylish/dyed hair, and heavier makeup.. just kept staring at me, whispering about me (they thought i didn't speak chinese, but i understood them!), and smirking at me. and me with my hair up in a simple ponytail, and glasses..it felt awful. i just wanted to walk to up to one of those girls and just say something witty, or whatever.

it's going to be a longgggg week.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #9  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Gals,

Well Done to everyone on their losses and healthy choices. All these things are such great motivators!

kateconfessional: I hope your week gets better not worse! And maybe before the end of the week you'll have an opportunity to get that witty comment in and kick their butts

I don't really post much on the boards, but I think that's about to change. I had a bit of a bad weekend, but my weekends are always a bit bad. I work from 6:30 - 15:30 on saturdays and rarely have time to eat before I leave so end up eating a junky breakfast and lunch. But last night, despite my craving for pizza and garlic bread, I ate a massive salad with and I feel so much better about myself for it. This evening I'm going to walk to my bf's work place and walk back home with him, which should be somewhere between 40-60 minutes. For me, that is great because I've totally fallen off the exercise wagon again!

For now though, I'm off to the beach because the sun has come out again in the UK and the beach lies at the end of my road. Enjoy your day ladies!!
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #10  
NewComer

Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys! I'm so glad I found this board! I really think it will help keep me motivated to get down to my goal weight!

Kate - Good luck getting through your week!

going2bhealthy - I'm so jealous you're so close to the beach! I've been dying to get out on the lake, but we've had so much rain here in TX for the past month that all the lake levels are so high that the boat ramps are all closed.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #11  

helpmelose - Hmm. . . It seems that lean cuisine are the favorites. I've had their pizzas they are good. I go to University of Detroit Mercy Law, I'm going into my second year. I did my undergrad at Michigan State (very similar to Ohio State). I absolutely loved MSU. I'm glad you age getting healthy prior to leaving. I find the hardest part is being in the cafertias. The food is so bad. If you ever need tips on making it healthy I learned a few. Also take advantage to the discount gym that big universities tend to have.

Kate - I am so sorry like it isn't hard enough to work in the banquet department while you are trying to lose weigth but to have to work with horriable people too. That is just terrible. I hope the week turns out better for you. I'm sure it is not you that is the problem, maybe the people are afraid of any new comers threating their ways.

I had an interesting conversation with my sister yesterday. She said something about her boyfriends Dad asking how I was doing. I thought that was strange since I don't know if I've ever meet his day (Her and her boyfriend have been good friends since they were in like 6 grade, so it wouldn't suprise me that he knew she had a sister but that was all I assumed). I guess her boyfriend had been telling his dad about how much weight I've lost. It has inspired him to lose weight. It's a weird feeling because I know people talk about my weight loss when I'm not around. But all the sudden I started feeling pressure to succed becuase everyone knows.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #12  

Well today I went shopping & got some lean cuisines and south beach diet frozen foods. I have not tried any of them yet, but I will let you know what I think when I do eat them.

Today was an ok day, I kinda fell off of my diet. I had Long John Silvers and some chocolate chip cookies and thats all I have eaten but it probably was enough calories for today and tomorrow. LOL When I was shopping I bought a lot of healthy stuff so here I go again. I hate what all of this bad food is doing to my body, I think about it while I am eating it and afterwards. I just need to think about it before... any tips? I have thought of writing down what I am going to eat before I eat it then I am thinking about what I am doing rather than writing it down later. I don't know! aaahhhh

I hope I lose majority of this weight by the time school starts, thats in the middle of Sept. So I have 2 months to really get down to business and get it rolling. I have been really good about working out every day its just the food that is the problem. I need to learn self-control.

I am sorry to keep rambling and rambling. I am just letting it all out.

Remember - I think it is great to have that pressure, I think that will help you to succeed even more! I'll get back to you once school starts on healthy tips! Thanks!!

Kate - just think today is Wednesday only 2 more days left!!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #13  
NewComer

Helpmelose -

Since I work from 7 - 4 everyday, each night I pack the next days food and take it with me: breakfast, lunch, and my two snacks. That makes it easy for me to stick to my plan. Tonight, though, I was really craving Chick-fil-a for dinner. I wanted chicken nuggets and french fries! So instead I popped in a pilates dvd and told myself I couldn't have dinner until I finished it. Well once I was done, I didn't want the greasy food anymore, so instead I went and got a grilled chicken sandwhich and a fruit cup! I was proud of myself for resisting! The extra workout seemed to get rid of my craving. Hope that helps!!!

-Britt
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #14  

TxBritt - I think that is a great idea, I know that whenever I workout I don't want to put gross/unhealthy food into my body. So when I am out driving around I should maybe stop before I order and drink some water maybe get out and walk around a little bit. I am not sure maybe that will help!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #15  

So just checking in, today = another bad day. I think because my TOM is starting any day now! I have no restraint for food.

I took my baby (doggie) to get groomed today & I forgot to grap a slim-fast on the way out, so I ended up getting Mcdonalds for breakfast, egg & cheese on an english muffin, hashbrown, and medium OJ, I looked at the calories and it was not as bad as I thought. So lunch was stouffers lasagna, 1 slice garlic bread (not too bad I thought) and then I HAD to eat the rest of the cookies!! But at least they are gone now!!! Still need to get exercise in, I think I am going to do a dvd, some strength training and then maybe a little bike ride!!

Hey Kate, I was wondering how much you weigh? I noticed you on your slider that your goal is about 13 pounds so I am just curious. I also love your avatar, I think it is the cutest!!!

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!