LA Weight Loss - Serious Lack of Energy

View Full Version : Serious Lack of Energy

Snowdogs
07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I've always been the type of person who can sleep anytime/place. No insomnia here.

A year/few years back I even had my Dr. do a bunch of tests to make sure there wasn't anything going on. All normal, except high cholesterol.
Before I started eating healthier I chalked it up to poor diet.

I've been eating pretty well recently, actually for the past year or so. And more so recently.
Anyways -days like Saturday & Sunday I'll literally fall alseep if I'm not doing something. If I stop and sit down to watch a bit of TV, I'm out.

I go to bed 10-10:30P, wake at 5:50A.

Does anyone have something they do or take for more energy through out the day -ideas???

whatazoo
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
What kind of tests did you do - just blood work? Thyroid? How about a sleep test - you may have sleep apnea and that will keep you from getting a restful sleep. I have an uncle that has sleep apnea, as well as several co-workers. That's the only reason I asked. Other than that, I would be at a loss too.

Joni135
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't have a constant lack of energy, but lately I do feel a bit more tired than normal. I chalk it up to not sleeping great at night (light sleeper); the heat of the summer; hormones, and the fact that I'm no longer drinking 3-4 diet cokes a day.

Snowdogs...Are you taking a multi-vitamin? You should. That may help.
Hopefully Nicole will check in; she always seems to have good advice.

marzbe
07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Vitamin C, it does wonders.

I'm up at 4 am during the week in order to be awake and ready for work at 5:30. In an issue of InStyle, a fashion stylist said that when she needs a quick boost, she would pop an Emergen-C packet with 2 oz of water and the 1000 mg of Vitamin C immediately perked her up. I now keep one of those packets in my work bag and pop a 1000 mg supplement of Vitmanin C every morning. It does wonders for my energy level. :trampo:

MTdebster921
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Snowdogs- I'm right there with ya. I don't have that added energy level that you are supposed to get when you lose all this weight. My endurance is at a much higher level though. I had all kinds of tests ran last year for severe fatigue. All the results came back normal. The docs were at a loss too. The only thing that they could come up with, which I suggested, is that with my asthma, I got really sick about 10 years ago and ended up in the hospital, after that my lungs only work at half the capacity that they should. So I am not getting enough oxygen in my system. DH says that explains why I am so "dizzy" all the time.. He's so funny. I think I will try the vitamin C thing and see if that works.......

JerseyMadchen
07-17-2007, 09:54 AM
I am curious about the Emergen C as well... they say to take 1 packet 2-4 times a day, I guess spread it out. Here's the link if you want to look at it. Just click on Products and drop down to Emergen C.

http://www.alacer.com/