07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
It's a new day!!!

"Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scales."
- Paul Sweeney

dolphn545
07-16-2007, 09:25 AM
New day, new week!

Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Not much going on over on this end, have the day off after working the weekend. Will be heading to WI later, and just some running around.

Here's to a great POP day! :cheers:

lizababe
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Mornin Joni and Sherry! New day - new week to be POP and enjoy life to it's fullest!

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 10:32 AM
good morning chickies, and Dan

I agree, its a new week, and my goal this week is to be pop, workout on my treadmill twice this week, and I am going swimming twice this week, plus I am golfing three times this week. On top of that we want to take the boat out and go water skiing and tubing. So excersice is planned.

Its not going to be easy - my bday tomorrow, and i am sure there will be lunches and bday cake etc, but I am determined.

you know the crazy thing is - we went out for dinner saturday night, and I was not op, had two long island ice teas - can't even tell you how much alcohol in those - and this morning I stepped on the scale praying it would be kind to me - and guess what - I was down a pound. I couldn't believe it. I got off, and back on, and yep - 144 - go figure! I am not changing my ticker though till it sticks for a day or two because I still can't quite believe it. I have been stuck at this weight for about 3 weeks, and then after a booze induced weekend, and some over indulgence on a few foods - the sclae moves. Oh well, I will take it!

Have a great day everyone!

Dan2112
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Morning gang... Repeat post here, as I stupidly posted this on last week's thread by mistake.. D'oh!!

Well, I'm back on the wagon today, as it were... I passed up the deep urge to get a breakfast burrito and settled for a lite and fit smoothie and an orange for breakfast... I'm sure my body will thank me for it later.. It better, or there's gonna be **** to pay..

Got really made at the scale this morning... I got on and it showed me a no change.. 205.0.. I thought "well, I can take that".. but I always get on and off a couple of times just to make sure, so I got on again and it showed me down to 203.6!!!! I thought "Holy CRAP!!!".. But just to be sure, I got on again.. This time, it showed me at 205.2, and stayed there for a couple more attempts, so I guess that's where I am... Hopefully, once Sunday's bad choices are "processed", it won't go much higher...

Oh, and Karen.. Since it takes a day or two for food to completely process, you probably won't see the true affects of your bad behavior until tomorrow.. Sorry.. Don't mean to be a downer.. BUT!! What you do today and tomorrow can affect the scales too, so try to be good.. :lol:

Be one with your POP!

Snowdogs
07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Morning!
Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend -even if the scale didn't move the right direction or far enough :)

I got in some exercise this weekend - Friday/rollerblading, Saturday/3.5 mile walk, Sunday/2 mile jog.

Then I get an email this morning from my old PT - wondering if we could do some "horse trading" Personal Training for Dog training --- HECK yea! I'll be sending her an email back any moment!

Scale is sticking to where it is - that's okay, I'm gonna keep on keeping on and it WILL move, it just has to at some point :-) LOL

Here's to a good week !

Prazteam
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Good Morning All!
Had a great weekend - NOT OP... but great never-the-less! Worked Sat. Went to old church yesterday to see ODS do his "big head" puppet for the congregation. Well, he's been so faithful to prepare, learn the song he was "dancing" to, really wanting to do well... and the soundman turns the song off before it's over and he didn't get to do the big finish he's worked so hard on! I know that probably sounds silly to you guys but for a soon to be 17 yr old to get up in front of the whole church* (see note below) with a huge puppet head on, and dance and act out a song... it's a really big deal. He was so angry when it was over! I felt so bad for him.
*To add to it, the Youth Director decided NOT to let the youth (his peers) come in and watch his special and he was really hurt by her lack of support. Usually ALL the kids and youth come in to support one of their own... Then he tells me after church that the Youth Director is "making" them fast TV, video games, music, etc. for the next few weeks... and ODS is really fuming by now! First of all, we've taught our boys that fasting is a personal and private thing and you don't go blabbing it to everyone you know when you're doing one! AND, it is not for anyone to tell you WHAT to fast, but something you choose. So, the boys may be leaving with us in a few weeks, depending on how things go there... (wouldn't hurt my feelings at all because I hate the thought of us going to two churches!)
Okay, well we met with the Pastor after church to let him know we were leaving for another church due to the distance issue and he was GREAT!!! None of his usual antics, just prayed for us and our new church, blessed us, and thanked us for the 7 years of faithful work and helping his ministry. WOW! Of course, (for the moment) our boys want to continue there, so we'll be in and out occassionally. I guess we did it the "right way", because he's been know to sort of "blackball" some who have left and that would have made it an ugly, ugly situation.
Well, we decided to treat the boys and ourselves to our fav. Mexican rest. and of course there were the chips, etc. http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/i_nono.gif(I had lemon water, does that count?!) http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/yes.gif
Anyway, then for dinner, we did the steaks on the grill with baked potatoes (the first baked potato we've had since we started back in AUGUST!) Well, we only ate 1/2 a potato and 1/2 a steak, which was still more than we should have but since we'd planned to do TO today and tomorrow... WTH!!! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/heeeelllllooooo.gif(that's what the heck for those that don't know me!)
Okay, gotta get going - gotta cook cabbage and tilapia for the next two days. We're doing the Knudsens juice for the first time, so we'll see how it does...
I'll get back to personals later if I have time...
Here's to a successful TO and a successful POP week everyone! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 11:12 AM
QUOTE]Dan2112;1776697]
Oh, and Karen.. Since it takes a day or two for food to completely process, you probably won't see the true affects of your bad behavior until tomorrow.. Sorry.. Don't mean to be a downer.. BUT!! What you do today and tomorrow can affect the scales too, so try to be good.. :lol:[/QUOTE]

no worries Dan,

i was kind of thinking along the same lines. Thats why I wasn't going to move my ticker yet, because I want to make sure its for real for a few days. I was pop yesterday, except I missed one fruit, and plan to be pop today as well.

bayoubelle68
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I originally posted this at 5:30 a.m. on the other thread!!

Good morning! I would much rather NOT be awake right now, but our bed is infested with wiggle giggle bugs. One is 6 and the other is 3. I'm not sure how they took over, but they did. The little one has only been in a daybed for about a week and we are having a really hard time keeping her in her own bed. She wakes up about 5 every morning and sneaks down the hall to our room. The oldest is so excited because today, he starts a summer program at a local university. It lasts for 2 weeks and is 8:30 to 2 every day. Somehow, I got booted out of my own bed.

I have had a few really bad days and haven't been POP or anywhere close to it. I've got to get back on the stick!!!

JLem311
07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
morning everyone. i don't have to work til 5pm tonight, so i've got the whole day pretty much to workout, do laundry and do nothing! yay.

we leave for our trip on thursday...so i need to get packing. but i'm a procrastinator when it comes to that, so i'm sure it'll get done wed night!

anyway, i'll be back later!

lizababe
07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Felicia - what a great start to the day!!! I miss waking up to a wiggle bug in my bed! Good luck to the oldest and his summer program.

The bad OP days are over... it's POP from here on out!

JLem311
07-16-2007, 11:27 AM
i posted a new avatar pic and a new profile pic!

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Jill,

You are looking awesome - every new picture you post, you look slimmer.
I wish I was on the beach with you!
Were are you at - looks like you live in North Carolina, so I am assuming you are at the ocean?
I wish we were closer to the ocean, there is something so soothing about the sound of it. I could sit and listen to it for hours.

JLem311
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
karen, i'm in NC, and we're about 2.5hr from the beach. we went to a really secluded area of ft fisher beach called kure beach. it's wonderful. love it. never lived anywhere near the ocean and now that it's so close, i can't get enough. very relaxing. :)
thanks for the compliments, really means alot to me.

Mama Nicole
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone!!!
XOXO

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
good morning Nicole - your chatty today!

lizababe
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Mornin Nicole and Karen!

Jillian - That pic is hot hot hot!!!!

Mama Nicole
07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
LOL, Karen.....somedays I just can't control myself :)

emmysmom
07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Pearl - Sorry to hear about your DS...that's a bummer! We just recently switched churches too after 7 years. Our Pastor left and we just couldn't get into the new routine - just didn't feel right. So now we found this awesome church and they have an amazing youth program. My DD calls it "the cool church". It's amazing how you can step into a place and it just feels right.

Felicia - Are you sure that my DD wasn't at your house? :rofl: Seriously, I can join the club with you and Angie. My DD is soooo moody sometimes when it comes to "I do it myself"...UGGHHH!!! And she's very stingy on giving out kisses now...she says "Sorry mommy. I have none left"...3 going on 23:(

Dan - Sorry to see that the scale obsession we all have has rubbed off on you:^:

Jill and Angie - love, love, love your new avatars!!!

amylou7777
07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Good morning all! Had a pretty good weekend up until yesterday when I woke up with a FEVER??? It literally came out of nowhere. I had to miss a get together for a friend's little boys 1st birthday and stay home in bed! I absolutely hate being sick and was all ready to just suck it up and go to the party anyway but as I got in the truck, my boyfriend felt my forehead and couldn't believe how hot I was. I knew I didn't want to get all the kiddies ill, so I stomped back into the house and plopped back into bed. No fun! Luckily that meant I was able to stay POP (they were serving pizza and I wasn't looking forward to having to resist). I've been POP for two days now and the scale looks like it may be cooperating with me...I have W/I in an hour so we'll see.
My fever seems to be gone so I'm going to go ahead and work today.

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.

Jillian- I agree with Karen, every pic looks better and better! Have a great day "off" before you work!

Karen-sounds like you will be busy with all of that exercise! I'm crossing my fingers that 144 sticks!

Pearl-The story about your son is horrible! I hate the feeling of working so hard and then being disappointed. I hope he makes the decision to come to your new church! Mexican food does it to me everytime-I try to avoid as much as possible even though it's my favorite!

Good morning to everyone else-I'll be back if I happen to have a good weigh in!

bayoubelle68
07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Jillian - love the new avatar!

In my cleaning/packing, I just found a stack of thank you notes from DD's birthday in MAY!! I thought they had been mailed! I am so embarrassed. I will mail them today!

smjezzy
07-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Morning all. Weekend was nice and relaxing.

Nicole - my earthbox is going nuts. We picked a cucumber this weekend that was huge. It was as big around as a coke can and almost as long as my dog. I got a picture that I'll try to upload. Not sure it will work because I didn't shrink it.

Joni - you watch oprah a lot don't you? I got one of those Neti Pots. Wow. Burned like a son of a gun but I don't remember breathing that clear. I think I will have to do it twice a day though because by the end of the night I was stopped up again. Austin is allergy central. Well worth the money and wait. I went to the pharmacy about a month and a half ago and got put on a waiting list for it and it came in this weekend.

So got my new plan and hopefully and more positive outlook. Being sick really knocked me off the diet and my body has gone into full blown protest. I was getting really down about it and doubting the diet and wanting to quit. But when I calmed down and looked at it rationally I realized that I lost weight while I was sick because I was getting 700 cals a day on a good day. I just couldn't eat so of course I lost a lot. Now that I'm eating again my body is probably trying to store everything it gets just in case. I'm hoping it will level off again and then go back to losing. knock on wood. I also can tell the difference in my energy level. I am back to being completely exhausted around 1 pm. I think it's just not being on plan or even close to on plan. The diet worked before, it will work again. Just have to get back on it! I have started logging again so that's a step in the right direction.

A big hello to everyone and I hope everyone has a fantastic day and a POP week.

CandlePrincess
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Pearl: I know how you feel abou changing churches. Several years ago my husband was the youth pastor at our church. Our pastor left and the new pastor came in and it was awful. We ended up leaving....and after a few years came back after that pastor has moved on. For us it was like coming home...we love the church and the people. Sadly the pastor that caused so much trouble almost destroyed the church family...but God is faithful...and we know we won't be small for long!

Back on track this morning...for those boosting with me we're doing great! Not much else going on here today.....it's about time for Battle Naptime! That should burn some calories! Later all!

Prazteam
07-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Princess Heather - The hardest part for us is that we're leaving a wonderful Pastor, dear friends, a very humble and loving church. But we've been driving an hour one way to church for 7 years! It's taking a toll and now that dh has found out that starting next week, he'll be working 6 days/week, 12.5 hours a day... (not including his travel time which adds up to 3 hours/day) we really are struggleing to hold on to EVERY moment we can get together! So a great church that is 15 min. away is VERY appealing!
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone! I want my family together for worship!
Blessings,
P.S. - I cooked tilapia this morning - bl pepper, garlic p, onion p, cayenne pepper, LOTS of paprika, and when I took it out, fresh lime juice! YUMMO!!!
Makes me look forward to TO! OMG - did I just say that?!? http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/i_w00t.gif

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
[=amylou7777;1776980]
Karen-sounds like you will be busy with all of that exercise! I'm crossing my fingers that 144 sticks!

Thanks Amy, I'm crossing my fingers too.

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well yesterday, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the scale is kind to you today,.

Oh and hi back at ya Liza, how you doing? You get that hillbilly truck off your front lawn?

Snowdogs
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I think someone asked before - but why do apples make me feel hungry? For lunch I had tuna (plain out of the can), an apple, and 6 baby carrots. I'm feeling hungry after 20 minutes - but I was full when I got done eating.

Anyways - I worked something out with the PT. I'll do 1/2 hr training with her 2x a week on my lunch hour and I'll do "mini" obedience classes with her 1 night a week for 1 hr. Plus she said that there's a bunch of puppies in her neighborhood and she'll see if any of them want to join us - add some extra $$ in my pocket :-)

I'm really excited to work with her again. She had done a body fat thing last August (skin fold w/ calipers) and we're going to see where I am after a month or so of working with her.
I also got info so I can renu my gym membership in August, my free one ends then.

Smjezzy & Joni - I so want to try a Neti pot ! I have allergies that kick my butt every day. Most days I can only breathe out of 1 side of my nose. Doesn't help I'm allergic to dogs & cats and we have 3 of each, PLUS I work in the dog business. Then for environmental stuff- we live in the country so I'm surrounded by the things I'm allergic too.
** LOL, but I wouldn't have it any other way !

smjezzy
07-16-2007, 03:33 PM
snowdogs - I wasn't really happy while I was doing it. Felt like I'd snorted a pool. I could have been doing it wrong though. I kept feeling like I was choking too so I think my head wasn't tilted quite enough but I'll keep doing it until I get used to it. I end up coughing, hacking and wheezing every night and it keeps me up till the wee hours so I'm hoping this thing will help. I really was happy with how much it did clear things up though. Also, when I was in the store asking about it a lady in line chimed in and just raved over the thing. It's really gross but for those of us with allergies I think a little gross to be able to breath is ok! My son has horrible allergies so I might just order another one and make him start using one as well.

bizlawchik
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon all! Day 2 of Fast Forward for me. Grilled a yummy NY strip last night w/some steamed broccoli and some stir-fried cabbage and scallions. I made a compound butter w/lite butter, scallions, fresh parsley, garlic and worcestershire sauce. Put a bit of it on the steaks and the cabbage and broccoli. Made everything taste soooo good! I love FF over the TO because you can use fat in your cooking.

OK... I'll try to catch up a bit on the other threads in between work...

zambejaly5
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey all. Day one of take off for me. Friday I was up a pound and today up two more! so I am hitting it hard.

DH has that 3rd interview either today or tomorrow....

got to run.

smjezzy
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Good luck Nettie!!

Cassi you just made me hungry

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
good luck Lettie .... both with TO and for hubby.

Things will work out for you. Just wait and see.

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
mmmm Cassie, I love stir fry cabbage. I never thought of putting worchestire sauce on it. Sounds yummy.

BarbaraB
07-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi All,

Just trying to recover from the long hike on Saturday, 12 miles is just too far and it turned hot that day after they had said it would be cooler. It was beautiful there though and we had a good time.. I did have a berry sunday from Costco afterwards that was extra calorie (couldn't talk DH into DQ for the B - Wizard that I had somehow started craving) I refuse to feel bad about that after 8 hours of hiking though! I probably would have eaten more, except I fell asleep at about 7.

I dragged myself out of bed for the 5:45AM spin cycling class this morning, so just going today was a major victory, since I was stiff and sore and moving like a 90 year old. DH was also hardly moving.

Karen, I used to always drop weight after a splurge when I had been plateauing for awhile. So it might just stick!

Shannon, I clean my sinuses out, and to start I did twice a day for awhile, and then after some time, they didn't need it as much. Did you add some salt to the water? That can take the sting out of it. I think about 1/8 of a teaspoon per cup sounds about right... but now I buy packages and use a squeeze bottle so I don't have to figure out the right amount. I've never tried the pot thing though. I use something from a company called NeilMed that I just buy online, and it is basically a squeeze bottle with prepackaged salt that you mix up. It made a world of difference for me, but it does take some getting used to. When I was mixing up my own salt mixture, I had a tough time getting it right and ended up getting that snorting the pool effect quite often.

Kristin, The sclae is starting to be nice again! I bet you are shrinking a little bit with every work out. You will start to notice sometime soon that you body is changing and getting leaner.. even if the scale does not move an iota...

Lettie, I'm contemplating a take off starting tomorrow. I'd just like to see my goal weight again! I'm thinking of grapefruit.. or maybe one day of grapefruit and the next oranges. I think that would be work. What torture method are you using? I mean TO method.... not really major torture, more like a minor one.

Hope everyone is starting out their week POP

BeckyB759
07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone...

Well I made it through the weekend -- i just joined this board last week - my 1st day was Thursday soo I am still new to this but so far so good! Well I have stayed POP since Thursday so yeah for that - it was tough over the weekend.. trying to figure out what i can eat at the places we like to eat- my husband was off of work with me so it makes it harder because he is such a picky eater. I pretty much figured out that i can eat a grilled chicken salad anywhere..lol.. light dressing ofcourse..good thing i like salads i guess. I am so new to LAWL that it is still sort of strange to be eating so much. I am used to diets being about not eating and ofcourse that never worked or i wouldn't be where i am... but now it still feels weird to eat and not feel guilty about every calorie.. my husband can't believe how much we are able to eat on this - he was like "you sure thats a diet" lol.... i was like yes... and i love it... lol... anyway jumped on the scale at lunch time when i was home and it said i was down another pound.. we shall see at WI today.. im not sure if my scale is exact as the one at the center.. the scale is a new purchase.. Im sure i will be a scale junkie like all of you too.. I haven't owned a scale for a couple years..for obvious reasons... but now that its headed in the reverse direction its not so bad..
What kind of exercise is everyone doing?? So far i have just tried to be more active around the house and have done a lot of stuff in my yard. I have 2 horses that I ride too and then walking but i was wondering how your exercising affected your plan and what everyone else does.
Sounds like everyone here had busy weekends - such is life right! Well hopefully you all have a great day today!! I will check back later!!!

smjezzy
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Barbara - I am using 1/2 tsp of kosher salt (that's what the instructions said!) in a pot full of water. I need to re-read how much water you're supposed to used though. Seemed like too much and I just stopped! I hope it works for me, good to hear it works for others.

Becky - welcome! What part of tx? My exercise is very sporadic. I used to do water aerobics twice a week and walk 3 times a day. I got lazy now I walk from the car to the building/house. I need to get back into doing SOMETHING

Repo girl
07-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey guys! I really am here lurking, just really busy today!

Working on my 4th POP day in a row!

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi Becky,

welcome to the board. You will have a lot of fun here. This is a great group, and you can get encouragement, sympathy, a kick in the butt, or a patt on the back..... what ever it is you need from us.

You asked about excersise - what I do is try to get on my treadmill at least twice a week for 30 mins, doesn't always happen - I do lots of walking though, and I golf usually three times a week, and walk the front nine, and I am going to start swimming two days a week. I think I just need to try something else - I am getting bored with what I have been doing - and with this heat, its harder to get out walking - so thought swimming might be worth a try.

Look forward to getting to know you.

whatazoo
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Joni - I just wanted to say I love your dogs. But then, I just LOVE boxers!

Snowdogs - love your dogs too. Too bad I didn't live closer, I'd find a way to have you train my 4!

I had a NSV yesterday when I saw my grandparents for the first time since last summer. They asked if I have been losing weight. Yea! And today, I fit into my new (to me) size 16 capri's! Woohoo.

To help, I started using my parents ab-lounge (to see if I want one) and I ordered me a Thighmaster, and I think it comes with a Buttmaster? Anyway, I figured I would treat myself when I hit 30 and I'm almost there. It probably helped that I sweated a pound off, I'm sure, driving to the mountains yesterday in 100 degree heat with no AC! I also am walking my dogs 30 minutes at 5:30 in the morning - week days only. Can't make myself get up on the weekends.

BeckyB759
07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Karen--Well swimming sounds good to me too.. just need to find or make the time..which will probably mean getting up earlier in the morning.. ick! But i think if I did that I could really get a jump start on this weight! And thanks for the welcome!! I will probably need a little bit of all of those - encouragement, patts on the back and kicks in the rear..lol..

Shannon- I am in Abilene, Tx... which is about 4 hours North West of Austin - and much smaller.. yea - I hear ya on the walking from the car exercise...lol.. although i have lately been parking farther out just to make myself walk farther..anything helps right!

galachick
07-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello All:

At WI this morning I was up .4 lb. Not bad considering I wasn't exactly POP this weekend. I hope to stay POP this week and see some results by the end of the week.

I read the posts about the Neti pot... wasn't sure what that was...so I googled it. Now I know:). Like BarbaraB, I use the NeilMed products. They work great.

:soap: A word on Perfection :soap:
Like some of you, I struggle with being a perfectionist. Well, actually I am a discouraged perfectionist because if I can't do it perfectly, I won't do it at all. So on the outside I look disorganized and messy but in my head and heart I long to be neat and organized. Anyway, at WI this morning I was talking with my counselor and she was saying I needed to quit trying to be perfect and learn to celebrate my accomplishment no matter how small. So... yesterday I pass up a chocolate iced Krispy Kreme doughnut!!!! Yeah, me! And when reading my "O" Magazine this morning, a quote from Oprah's Letter struck me....
"While none of us can deliver a flawless performance all the time (hello, we're mortals), we can none the less offer our greatest effort every single day. The point isn't perfection but progress toward a goal..." I think I will make that my personal motto.

Hope everyone is having a great POP day! I am making Tilapia for dinner and really looking forward to it!

I'll check back later!

Angie
07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
We are off to NY asap as my dear dear BIL passed away last night. We are just so sad, and we can't wait to get there to be with DH's family. He was only 39 and such a good friend to everyone.

smjezzy
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
And I think you can triple the effects of parking farther since it's Texas and summer! Can't complain about this summer so far though. Keep raining! It keeps the sun away. Already mid-July and no hundreds! WOOHOO!!! ...and knock on wood...

Karen - If I forget tomorrow..Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear karen, happy birthday to you

Angie - I'm terribly sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts

Snowdogs
07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
LOL Stephanie. Nice dogs!
We were actually thinking of moving to Colstrip, MT. My BF wants to work at the power plant. He has 2 buddies that work there - and it's only a few hours drive to where we go snowmobiling in WY every year.

bizlawchik
07-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Angie - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family will be in my prayers!

Karen - Happy early B-day since I won't get to log on until the afternoon anyway.

Renee - Funny you should mention that. I was thinking about that this weekend while getting ready for my "LAWL Recommitment". My new mantra that I developed was "Progress, not perfection".

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Angie - I am so sorry for your loss. obviously this was very sudden and unexpected. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks Shannon and Cassie for the early birthday wishes.

by the way, I love the saying about making progress, not worrying about perfection. Something that I should remind myself often.

bayoubelle68
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh, Angie! I'm so sorry for your family's loss! You will certainly be in my prayers. I pray that God will wrap His arms around all of you and give you comfort during this time.

dolphn545
07-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Angie - I'm sorry about your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Good afternoon everybody!!! WI today had me the same which was a victory, I always seem to gain over the weekend. I officially start stabilization today! They just put my goal weight at what I was today. Told them if I got down to the 150 fine, if not I couldnt be happier with where I am today. I'm already looking forward to next week when I get my extra dairy! I LOVE milk but I eat yogurt almost every morning for breakfast. I would rather eat my calories than drink them. SO next week I can have my yogurt AND my glass of milk! LOL Amazing how easy we are to please now!

I cant remember everything I read but heres a bit I remember.

Amy-Thank you for the compliment on my DD, that picture was from her senior prom back in May. I know I'm biased but I think shes beautiful. The good part is shes just as beautiful on the inside.

Joni-The ride was gorgeous BUT I never would have expected it to be so freakin cold! It was cloudy and I almost froze my butt off. I dont mind riding in the cold when I'm prepared for it. I guess I should have thought that at 6,000 feet elevation it might be a bit chilly! LOL

Karen-Happy Birthday to youuuuu!!!! Hope you have an amazing day!

Becky-Welcome to our little crazy corner of the world!

Angie- I'm so sorry about your loss. I cant imagine, I love both my BIL's like my own brothers!

Kristen-Glad the scale is moving back down. It stinks to be rewarded with a gain when you try to do something good for yourself.

Hope everybody has a great week! Heres hoping I enjoy my unlimited veggies this week! LOL

BarbaraB
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Angie, that is so sad! My heart goes out to your family. My former BIL died suddenly at only 42, and it was horribly sad, especially for my nephew who was only 14 at the time. It was one the wake up calls that made me want to get my weight under control, since not everyone gets a real warning before they are taken from us, as my former BIL died from a combination of a heart attack and sleep apnea, both of which are highly correlated to weight.

Renee, how inspirational your words are! Great on passing up those Krispy Kremes. Think of how much healthier your body is for all the good choices you have been making.

Happy birthday a day early Karen! Celebrate it however you want. If you really want the cake, have a piece of cake! If you'd rather not go off plan, well stick to your guns... This year I chose to not have cake on my birthday, but my daughter's 18th birthday is just 4 days past mine, so I celebrated that with a big dinner. She is an only child, so her turning 18 seemed like a really big deal to me. Me turning 46, well not a big deal really.

BarbaraB
07-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Kim, The dairy added was the BEST week in stabilization! I've become an addict of the cheese stick... so easy to take to work.

KrispieD
07-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Happy Early Birthday Karen
Angie I'm so sorry :hug:

We went to a great dinner party last night.. so good that I won't even see myself on the scale till about Friday.. I did well with the food since I took the salad.. it was the red wine that took control of my will power.
But tomorrow is my new day again and I've come to realize in the summer I need to expect the weekends will be hard but I worked on this plan for 10 months so going to give myself some leeway too.. progress not perfection.. I like that one!!

Repo girl
07-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Angie- Oh, so sorry about your BIL. We will be thinking of you and your family.

zambejaly5
07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Shannon, Karen, Thanks!

Barbara - I am doing, pretty much a normal TO. but my COD has every one do unlimited veggies with the 6 oz of protien. and my twist is I do about 12 oz of protien intstead. not umlimited, but when I up it just a bit I tend to lose more. But I also just bought reg. TO juice,,, we'll see.

welcome Becky! I am 5' 7" too. and my goal weight it also 145! so you are almost my twin!

Oh Angie! I am so sorry. WOW 39!!! I will be 39 this year! was this a shock or was he sick.......neither is easy I know........ My heart breaks for you DH's family. and you! On a lighter note I LOVE YOUR AVITAR!!! GORGEOUS!!!

first day of TO is going smoothly. but I am always glad that it is only two days!

brittyboo07
07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone!!!

I have had a really busy day but I wanted to stop in and catch up. I went for my WI this morning and was shocked.... I was actually down .4 after not being POP or OP last week while I was in Vegas. I was fully prepared for a gain but I will take it. Of course that might mean Wednesday will be bad but thats ok I have some work to do however. I have not been in the mood to eat or drink water today I am guessing carrying over from last week but I have to get myself back on track. I am sitting here staring at my journal because I need to write down what I have had today but Iam really tried so I am going to go and lay down for about 30 minutes get a little power nap in and then get busy!!!

I will get the new plan in August I found that out today. I will check back in later and hopefully do personals.

lizababe
07-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Angie - I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and strength getting through this difficult time.

Kim - I agree your daughter is beautiful and you can see it generates from the inside! Good job maintaining!

Lettie - My TO plan is unlimited protien and veggies. The counselor said basically the most important thing is no starch, sugar or dairy so this can break everything down and rebalance electrolytes. Makes sense to me. I'm down 3 lbs on day one of TO so it's doing something. That's better than the first time I did it when I lost 1/2 lb!

I'm at work just checking in real quick while I have a few minutes. I hope everyone else is having a great day! Hi to everyone and thanks for all of the words of wisdom!

Lynx
07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Angie, I also am so sorry for your loss.
Lettie, sounds like you have a good tactic for TO. Hope you get the results you want. I also hope the DH's next interview is the charm and that he gets the job.
Karen - have a very happy birthday tomorrow. Remember you have already given yourself the best birthday present ever - a healthy self.

equinetcan
07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Angie - my thoughts are with you.

Well, not much to say from my end I guess. I've been here everyday though just reading and not posting. The weekend was nice and uneventful. I spent most of saturday with Chancey (furkid) as the ex was away for the day in Moncton. We played and she got lots of tlc and even got to scare the crap out of the next door neighbor and almost made him spill his beer - it was priceless!

Yesterday I was over at a friends for awhile in the afternoon. I also bought a patchwork quilt yesterday. I had a gift card I needed to use up and that was what I found I liked. Got the shams too.

Tonight I have a little chicken in the slowcooker so it can do its thing overnight and I can have something good for lunch and supper for a couple of days.

Really, that's it. Like I said - not much going on. Hating getting up at 515am (read - not a morning person - Hello timmies!!) but its far better than working till midnight!!

Chancey goes back to the vet tomorrow evening for her follow-up after the attack by the other dog. It is supposed to be my visit night but I'll go on wed instead as she will be pooped when she gets back home tomorrow. I figured she should just have a quiet night.

I'll check in again tomorrow or maybe even later tonight.....

galachick
07-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Angie - I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are certainly in my prayers.

MTdebster921
07-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Stephanie- Welcome!! I just noticed that you are from Great Falls too!!! Small world huh?!?!?

Sherry- :wave:Hi stranger. Good to see you around!!!

Jillian- I can't see your avatar and when I click in it, I just get a website not responding page. I'll try later.

Becky- Welcome to group. Beautiful picture.

Angie- :hug::hug:So sorry about your BIL. I will definitely keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Shannon- I hope that you get to feeling better about things soon. The reason you haven't had any 100 degree weather is because it is all up here in Montana!!!!!

TTKim- Yay on stabilization!!:broc: I agree with everybody else. Your daughter is just gorgeous!

Everybody else :wave:. Let's have a great week!!

Ok, several days of 100+ degree weather is kicking my butt. This is Montana for goodness sakes, it shouldn't get this hot!!!! I turned the air conditioner on when I got home, but it just isn't getting cool very fast. I was thinking of hopping on the treadmill but I might pass out from heat exhaustion.

So, I go the COD for the first time in a few weeks. They have the new plans there that are not so different from the gold2 plan. Still the same portions and most of the same menu plan. They put me on plan 2. Then she says for 4 weeks, I can only have fish and chicken, no beef. WTF????? And I can only pick the foods from the list, no extras. What the heck is that all about?!?! So she goes through the book like I am a newbie and I ask her if we could do my measurements cuz it's been a few months since we have done it. Sure, OK. She measures my chest and starts to write it down and then says, wait I think I measured wrong. She measures again and then asks me if she got the right chart. I look at it and say "Yep, that's me", she says "HOLY COW GIRL! I didn't even look to see where you started." She's a newbie, I have never seen her before. So she has to let everybody in the whole building know what my new measurements are and then adds them all up.....(drumroll please...)...... 42.25 inches total gone!!!!!!

Joni135
07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Angie - so sorry to hear about your BIL...:hug:
Pearl - what odd behavior from your son's youth minister...I felt badly for him and you. And I wish I could have seen the performance too. He continues to sound like a great young man.
Jillian - your new pictures are so cool. You are quite the photogenic one.
Shannon - I do watch Oprah, but didn't catch all the neli pot stuff. But I do know what that is. Once, when I had an episode with vertigo, a friend suggested the NeliMed, which I bought and used. I had no problem with it and if I had bad sinus problems or have another vertigo episode, I'll use it again.
It's all of 8:15 PM and I'm going to bed. Just can't shake the tiredness today. I'll do the EmergenC suggestion if tomorrow isn't better.
Sorry I missing a ton of personals. Katie, any word on Emerson? Liza - I'm happy to hear the minime is more talkative to you during her visit. That would drive me crazy with wonder if I had a child and she all of a sudden didn't want to talk to me every day. Allanah - hi!! Karen - Happy birthday. I'm so tired, I'm probably getting all the names and occasions wrong...sorry. I'll do better tomorrow.

galachick
07-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Deb - Awesome!!!!

Joni135
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Debster....WOW on those inches......congrats.
BTW, you and I may have been looking at Jillians picture at the same time. I had no trouble viewing it. Try again.

bizlawchik
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Deb - Wow! Congrats!!!

Jillian - Got to check out the new pic and avatar finally. You're absolutely gorgeous.

Gotta run...

dolphn545
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Deb - :wave: WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Debbie!!! Woooo hooo you go you sexy thang! Thats amazing!

slim n trim
07-16-2007, 10:31 PM
great job Deb! Keep up the good work.

We have had the heat wave here as well. My dog will hardly even go outside. If I am out in the yard, she will follow me out, sit there for a few minutes, maybe go lay on the grass under a tree, then she decides to **** with this - the house has a/c - I'm going back inside. Sometimes I think we run the a/c just for her, I will be sitting outside enjoying on the patio - while she is in the cool house. Its warm outside, but I keep thinking, I can't be out here in January.

bayoubelle68
07-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Deb - you are my hero! That's amazing!!!

LYNNTHEPB
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey everyone, How goes the week so far??? I went to WI tonight and dropped another 2 lbs... I guess staying POP and doing some exercises DOES work?????LOL.....

Dan2112
07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
You got it Lynn!! Way to go with your WI... It's amazing what will power and healthy eating can do!

whatazoo
07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Deb - that is just amazing. And yes, it is a small world!

Repo girl
07-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Deb- You rule! How fantastic. Also, it is good to see you!

Joni- Emerson came to daycare today, he was released from the hospital Sat. night. I put him in the high chair to feed him some breakfast, but he could not sit up in it. His muscle control has taken a giant step backwards. I was so worried about him having a seizure that I kept him by my desk most of the day. He did fine, though. Sleepy and weak, but no seizures, and making eye contact quite a bit.

Katy66
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Good Monday to you all. I've had a long day but did manage to stay OP. Keeping my fingers crossed that my slip ups over the weekend won't cause me too many problems at WI later in the week.

Deb - 42+ inches, that is awesome! WTG

Angie - So sorry about your BIL, what a tragedy. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

JLem311
07-17-2007, 12:56 AM
hey everyone. a late check in for me. i should totally be sleeping since i have to be up in a few hours to open. ugh.

just wanted to pop in here and say thanks to everyone for the compliments on my new photos. :) sure makes me smile and feel great!

happy birthday to karen! great job to deb on the inches lost! amazing!

angie--i'll be thinking of you and your family. so sorry.

and great job lynn on the WI!

can't remember much else, so if i forgot to mention you, it wasn't on purpose. hope everyone has a great tues and i'll check back in after i get off work at 1pm! thankfully i work in a place with unlimited caffeine! but funny thing is i don't drink much at all anymore. :)

ok, gotta get to bed for at least 3hrs. night all.

amylou7777
07-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Angie- I hope you made it safely to NY to your family. We will be thinking and praying for you all while you are away.

Sounds like everyone else is busy busy.

Lynn-congrats on your 2lbs! Way to go!

Deb-WOW! You really are an inspiration. When I first joined this site and LAWL, your album was the first real "before and after" shots I saw and it just took my breath away to see that it can be done! Thank you for sharing those and congrats on all of those inches GONE! just amazing.

It has been hot here too, but nothing out of the ordinary for this area this time of year. I'm from the coast in Southern Ca-so it still takes some getting used to for me!

Liza-your hillbilly story made me laugh. I can only imagine you demanding the truck be removed from your lawn! I guess the desperate parking conditions in MB haven't changed much...

Katie- I'm glad to hear that Emerson is at least back home and no longer in the hospital. I will be praying for him.

Karen- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a perfect day of fun!

Joni-hope you start to feel better and more energized!
I have been feeling the same way, I'm off to bed myself.
I skipped weigh in today-still not feeling well. I made it to work but was movign pretty slowly, just not feeling 100%. I have no idea what's wrong but hopefully it will go away soon!

Good night all!

Prazteam
07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Angie - What a heartache! I'm praying for peace that passes understanding and that your family will be able to comfort one another!
Renee - When I've ministered to women, I've tried to teach them to strive for excellence - not perfection. One is attainable, the other isn't. Striving for excellence is a personal motivation for me. Striving for perfection is nothing but a nightmare!
Going to bed!
Hugs,

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Good morning all. The rain is starting again! WOOHOO, get these temps back down. I feel for all of you having the heat wave. I'm just so thankful we aren't having our normal weather. That is odd for Montana to be that hot. I've always wanted to visit there, the countryside looks beautiful.

Well yesterday went well. Of course I didn't get in all the food but I didn't eat badly and I got close. I couldn't do any of the fruits but I got everything else in. I really need to plan better. If I could get the fruits in during the day it would be so much better on my blood sugar but I do love the nightime smoothies. It's my dessert.

Congrats to all the losers - keep it up and hopefully I'll joing you soon! Have a great POP day!

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 10:08 AM
OMG Deb - your measurments are AMAZING ! Congrats !!!!! :carrot:

Your heat wave is going to make it over this way by the weekend they say - right now the big H pressure over us is keeping it at you though. Even then, when it does come our way it will only get up to about 95.

We totally run our AC for the dogs ;) The Malamutes prefer cool :smug:

I'm keeping up on the exercise front - a few days in a row now. Last night I took the pooches for a 1.75 mile brisk walk and then I put them in the house and biked around the section (4 miles). I saw a few deer, bunch of birds, and smelled a skunk :p

Hope everyone's week is going good! Keep up the good work!

CandlePrincess
07-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Good morning all! Life is back on LAWL track! I'm going to WI today, a day early...but they keep changing my DFS visits and so today I'll be on that side of town. I'm sure after the weekend I'll have some explaining to do...but hopefully not too much! After that I'll have two hours to kill....yikes!

Ok..I tried the lower calorie option of Redi Whip instead of Cool Whip....for me...I'll take the calories in Cool Whip and use it less often. For my taste the Redi Whip just isn't sweet enough. But I had it on top of a yogurt stawberry smoothie.....it was yummy! I spent $10.00 on a mini blender.....fabulous buy! I've used every day since I bought it!

Well I'm off for now.....everyone have a POP day!

emmysmom
07-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow, Deb! That is just amazing...now wonder she thought she grabbed the wrong chart. I shouldn't be too surprised, though cuz your pictures are just beautiful!

emmysmom
07-17-2007, 10:57 AM
NSV today...I am wearing my size 10 capris that I bought yesterday and a red blouse that I bought a few weeks ago and I've gotten lots of compliments. It's funny how people notice that you're losing weight but don't want to say anything until you start buying new clothes...or maybe just because it's becoming more obvious to them. I remember a girl that worked here had lost alot of weight, but to me it seemed like it happened over night. But we all know that it doesn't happen that way...unfortunately it's quicker and easier to put the weight on than it is to take it off.

dawn78
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Deb Ė thatís over 3 Ĺ feet! Thatís just wonderful, Iím so happy for you!

zambejaly5
07-17-2007, 11:07 AM
morning, day two of take off. and it is going fine, my scale says I am down 2 already.

DH's interview is set for Wed. now, plus he has an interview with another company on Wed. I chatted with a realitor from WI.........

I feel brain dead. like I am in a fog. I will be so glad when this process is over!

sorry, forgot most of the personals.......... I will try to do better next time. I HAVE to clean my kitchen!!!

Nicole I am missing you!

have a great day all.......

Dan2112
07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Deb Ė thatís over 3 Ĺ feet! Thatís just wonderful, Iím so happy for you!

Geez Dawn.. I was already marveling over her inches, but when you put it in THAT perspective, it sounds even more incredible.. Way to go Deb!!

Good morning all... Continuing my downward inching here... Things are almost in sight.. I have 4 lbs to go for my original goal, but 9 for my revised... I can almost taste it!

Weird day for me, as I'll be on the road during the normal lunch hour.. Hopefully I'll have time for a quick salad before it gets too late in the day.

Anyway.. I'll talk to you all later.. Keep up the great work you losers!!!

Katy66
07-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Morning Gang! Sounds like everyone is busy, busy. So far so good with my staying on plan....just trying to get all this darn food in. Yesterday and today I've done a meal replacement for breakfast with a piece of fruit. It really seems to fill me up. I'm thinking about doing the boost thing I just need to figure out when to start it. I also need to check out the FF. Not sure what that is all about.

Joni135
07-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Lettie - sending good vibes your way.....I hear there is a city in Wisconsin that was just rated the #1 place to live by Forbes magazine; Suwanee, GA was rated #10 (I don't live in Suwanee, but the Falcons used to practice there!).

Tina - I'm jealous...I wanna fit in a size 10 too!

Snowdogs...I'm with you on the exercising. I actually did an entire 1 hour spin class this morning and then about 20 minute on the weights. Typically I don't last the hour in the spin class because I get bored...but the gal this morning (5:45 AM class) had really good music and lots of energy...so I stuck it out. Gosh, I feel like a new person today. Yesterday I was dragging all day long. Maybe there truly is something to this exercise thing. Later today I'll get the furkids out. I have to admit, I cannot handle both at the same time. Charlie is fine, but Emma can be a holy terror if something or someone foreign appears. No matter how many times I watch the dog whisperer, I cannot figure out how to keep her attention on me vs. whatever distracts her. Suggestions are welcome (hint hint)!!

Karen - mine don't care for the heat either.......I tell folks that boxers are "heat intolerant" animals (vs. the spoiled rotten babies they have come to be!)

Jillian - you're gonna be tirrrrrrrreeeeeed today!

Lynn - WTG on the losses and it's good to see someone being POP and exercising that is able to lose weight. That would not be me these days.

Cassi - you goiing to see that "No Reservations" movie when it comes out? I figure any chef-related movie should be on your list.

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
LOL Joni - 1st you need to QUIT watching that guy (Cesar Millan/Dog Whisperer) ! :^:
What is Emma's favorite thing? Food, treats, a toy? Take that with you on your walk with just her - when you see something that might set her off - get her attention with her fav. thing - turn the opposite direction so she's not facing it - when/while she's calm- praise. This can take a lot of work - but you can get her to ignore things that she reacts to.
Head Halti's & Gentle Leaders are GREAT tools for reactive dogs like her - you use them to turn her head away from what ever it is - rather than jerking her around by her neck. Reactive dogs tend to stare - with the halti you can redirect her head - and gain her attention.

Tundra, my female, is reactive - she's come a LONG way in the past 6 months. I took both my Malamutes through a Farmers Market this past Saturday - they both did very good - especially walking past a small breed dog :-)

You are right though- Boxers (any short nose breed, pugs, bulldogs) are heat intollerant :-) Especially heat w/ humidity.

lizababe
07-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Snowdogs - very good advice! I'm not a fan of the Dog Whisperer. He was here one day and (I'll name him for you Dan) our reporter Jeff Zevely brought his Aussie to him because she's aggressive with other dogs (So is mine) and the DW put her in a pen with dozens of other aggressive dogs. She was terrified and Jeff told him this was not good, she was too stressed out. DW said "I know what I'm doing" So what did the little Aussie do? She scaled the 6ft fence and bolted! Don't corner Aussies... they're too smart for that! For Buster, we just keep moving when he sees another dog. He knows his job is to keep with me so if he starts to run off to bark at another I just keep going like nothing is happening and he gets right back on the trail with me.

Deb - that is an amazing loss!!!! :cheer2:

Heather - good job getting back on track! Good luck at WI!

Tina - great job on your loss so far! I'll bet you look fantastic in your new clothes.

Lettie - I just finished TO last night. It was a lot kinder to me this time and it looks like I'm down 3.5 lbs from last Saturday. Yay for us!

Hi Joni, Katy, Pearl, Kim and others I can't see on this page!

and Karen.... :bday2you:

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
EXACTLY Liza! If you're scared of spiders does it help you to put you in a room full of them? Heck no! It will only make matters worse.
He uses choke chains too - which I don't think have a place in training a dog- or any part of a dog.
He shows people how to pin dogs to the ground - um, no. Alpha rolls/pinning does nothing except bully the dog - and there's a good chance you could get bitten etc if you do that to a dog.

Yikes - I really dislike that guy.

Tina - EXCELLENTe'!

WoW - seems everyone has had great luck with TO this time around! Great job gals ! & Dan :-)

It seems like things go in spurts on here- everyone upset about the scale not moving, then all of a sudden everyones like ... loss, loss, loss

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
My dog would die if he were put in a pin with other aggressive dogs. He's a dachshound who thinks he's a doberman. He does NOT stop, I actually got bit trying to get him off my mother's american eskimo...who is also very aggressive. Not sure which one bit me! Neither of my dogs can be taken in public because if they see another dog they go COMPLETELY insane. Shame because Austin is very dog friendly, we have lots dogs parks, restaraunts who let you bring your dog to the patio dining areas, and I see them in stores quite often as well. Mine have to sit at home. Oh well.

I will look for those items you mentioned snowdogs and see what happens. Winkie NEEDS exercise badly but I just can't stand the drama.

Dan2112
07-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Our dog Rocky get's nerveous around other dogs when there's no way to escape.. At the dog park, he does fine because he can run around and "herd" them (being part heeler, it's in his nature).

Liza - That's too funny (scary) about Jeff's dog and the DW... We only see his successes on the TV.. Nice to know that he's not the be all to end all regarding dog training..

BarbaraB
07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Good morning!

Deb, that is an amazing loss. I also recall looking at your pictures when I first discovered this web site and being inspired by how much you had transformed.

Liza, 3.5 pounds on a TO is pretty good!

Lettie, I started TO this morning, but I'm just doing it with oranges and didn't buy the TO juice. I do like the juice though (just not paying for it). My DH said he'd do it with me tomorrow for just a day, which would be a first. At my center they just have you do the juice or fruit(don't believe I've ever told them I was using fruit and not their juice) with a half a bar for breakfast, 2 snacks and lunch, and then you get all your protein at night with the veggies. That way dinner is pretty much a regular dinner. At least that works well for me if I do it on a work day. I did take the supplements this morning, which I had not taken in awhile, but they help me get through a TO. Heck a use for the ones I have left! I haven't tried oranges before, so it is something new.... Next time cantaloupe I think! See LAWL offers vareity LOL:)

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Good afternoon all. We made sauces today in class. All the classic sauces. All the fat-laden classic sauces. But I was so proud of myself. I made the tomato sauce so I didn’t have to worry about tasting too much. The other sauces four or five I only had a spoonful or two of to taste them. Then we made our béchamel sauce into mac and cheese. Two kinds. One w/swiss and one w/cheddar. He was passing out French fry boats full of the stuff and I took mine in one of the little soufflé cups – the 2oz ones that sauces come in at a restaurant. Then we made alfredo sauce and put that over pasta and I only had two bow-ties. I am proud of myself. I found the key to tasting is to have a guy next to you so you can pour your food into his bowl and just keep one or two bites for yourself. Then you’re not tempted!

LynnP – WTG on your losses! It’s amazing the power of the POP.

Katie – Do the docs know if any mental damage was done too? I feel so bad for Emerson and his family. Babies are so innocent and it always breaks my heart when they have something wrong that you can’t fix.

Pearl – Thanks, as always, for your wise words about perfection.

Tina – WTG! I’m sure you look like a hot mama in your new clothes!

Lettie – I hope everything goes well w/the interviews!

Dan – C’mon… you can do it. Be one w/your POP and the scale will move. Remember how long it took Evette? She would stay the same for 2 weeks and then drop 1 ½ and then 1 and then ½ all within a few days. Maybe you’re starting the inching trend!

Joni – I want to see No Reservations and Ratatouille. But they will probably both be on video because of my schedule. We will probably buy Ratatouille when it comes out ‘cause Zack will like it. But DH said we have to see Harry Potter at the theater next.

Katy, Stephanie, Joni, Sherry, Deb, Debbie, Kristen, Nicole, Felicia, Jillian, Amy, Liza, Karen, Shannon, Snowdogs, Heather, Dawn, Barbara, Lynn and everyone else I am missing :wave: hi!

lizababe
07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Barbara - That's cool that you got your DH to do TO with you! I'm all alone in this journey - that's why I'm so glad I have all of you for support!

On the dogs, my Buster was terrified of other dogs (and cats) when I got him. The Aussie rescue told me he'd been retired from TV and put out in a yard with another Aussie that was aggressive beyond their means of rehabbing. Once I got Buster comfortable enough around other dogs at the dog park, he started getting cocky and running up to them to herd them and put them in their place. It resulted in a herding nip on the wrong dog and me paying someone's insurance deductible. Now, I have to make sure to keep him focused when we go. Bring the old tennis ball and toss that around for a while and then we can run around. I treat my pets like I do children. Reward good behavior and ignore bad behavior. Getting any attention at all, even bad is still getting attention. Of course exercise is also the key with both dogs and kids. If we're in a situation where we run into a crowd of people and dogs (happens sometimes) I stop and make Buster sit between my feet until the other dogs are gone. He does that very well. Others aren't so impressed and still glare at us. Oh well.

I'm going to do my official WI at COD today! Of course they won't see the 3.5 loss because my home sclae went up since my visit last Thursday and then down the 3.5. To them it will look like 1.5 lb since Thursday and just .5 below what it was a week ago. I think the most true results will be on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed!

KrispieD
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Way to go Deb. I am down almost 37 inches and still can't wrap my head around that one.. where does it go?????
Congrats to all the losers! Sounds like we are all back on track. We definitely indulged at the dinner party but it's all lemon water and veggies today.. summer is certainly a trying time to be POP. But at least we all have the voice of reason and our new way of thinking healthy to keep us going.
Keep the faith everyone.. this board is testament to willpower, ambition and support!

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Don't know how you do it Cassi. That's a lot of temptation but I know you have to taste it all so you know what it's supposed to taste like. I couldn't do it!

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Liza - sounds like you're doing great with your Aussie Buster! Awesome. Thank you for rescuing him :-)
I totally agree with reward good behavior, ignore bad - etc. !!!

I've actually been learning TTouch to work with dogs - it's done wonders with Tundra even though we have a ways to go yet.
She was attacked at a dog park when she was just over 1 yr old - it changed her. She's 6.5 yrs old now and I'm still working on her reactivness towards other dogs. Baby steps.

With my Malamutes people either rush up to pet them - they're Snowdogs and kids just love them. Or people walk way around us because they think they're wolves - mainly because TV & movies use Malamutes to portray wolves.

Another thing I think needs to be thrown in the trash along with the DW is flexi leashes :-)

Okay - enough dog talk right- we're all here to get our butts into shape !!!
I skipped a workout today, need a day of rest in there and I figured today's as good as any. Plus I work at the kennel tonight so I'll be on my feet all night so that counts as something :-)

Joni glad to see you stuck with your spinning class ! It'll pay off :-)

I read somewhere, I think it was on the exercise forum on 3FC, that there's no need to do more than 60 min of cardio at 1 time - that it actually hurts your body more.... Not sure about that.... Anyone?

KrispieD
07-17-2007, 02:33 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM alfredo!!!

CandlePrincess
07-17-2007, 02:35 PM
back from WI and carting DFS to his visit.....i didn't gain...and i didn't lose..I stayed just the same! After the weekend...I'll take it! Not much going on here today but rain......later all!

Katy66
07-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Heather - yep I've had those days when staying the same is a WIN!

Kristen - I'm with you, alfredo sounds yummy. Cassi - your will power is amazing:)

Dan - just keep at it! You'll get there.

Snowdogs - thanks for the info on DW. We have 1 yr old rat terrier who is a pain in the rear, but I'm beginning to believe all puppies are. Anyway, I had considered buying the DW's book. I'll pass and just keep trying things on my own. We had heard wonderful things about the rat terrier and we wanted a small dog. I guess we didn't research enough because they are very jealous which doesn't work well with my 4 year old. YIKES! Just too much some days.

Hey Shannon, Liza, Barbara and everyone else!

So far so good today, I've managed to stay POP through lunch. My pm snack is popcorn.....my first popcorn in 6 months so I plan to enjoy the heck out of it:)

Out of here for now! Have a good afternoon:)

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
kristen - i hear dq is introducing a new alfredo blizzard later

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
I really wish I would have measured before starting this.
I think I have measurements from a few years back when I did Curves - but I gained some after that even.

I did get measured at the COD before I quit... Maybe they'll give me that info???
I remember though the 2nd time they measured me the girl shouted 7" in your waist! She was soo excited - but I KNEW there was no way that was possible in about 2 months and I wasn't POP or exercising. So one of those measurements were wrong (1st or 2nd).

bayoubelle68
07-17-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't have time to change my ticker right now, but I was down 1.2 at WI this morning! Yay! DH was down FOUR since Friday. That puts his 7-week total at over 44 pounds! I am stoked for him!!

Back to packing...story of my life these days!!!!

Katy66
07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh, by the way. I changed my ticker to reflect my goal with the COD. I originally put down my personal goal that I had wanted to achieve which is more than what I have on LAWL. I'll probably add weeks but I was tired of keeping up with all those numbers. Besides it makes me feel better to know that I'm halfway to the goal that they helped me set back in February......

Way to go Felicia and for your DH too - awesome losses!

bizlawchik
07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
kristen - i hear dq is introducing a new alfredo blizzard later

:rofl:

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Katy - a Rat Terror ?.. :-) Yes, those dogs are... umm, terriers that's for sure.
Don't be discouraged though - with enough work you CAN work with him and get him to behave etc.

I really think that too many dogs rule the roost in most homes - which is why there are problems. I hate to say it but I see it more in small dog breed homes - because everyone thinks they're cute etc - especially when they show 'tude towards other dogs etc.

Patricia McConnell has some very good books out there that are fairly inexpensive and EXCELLENT with training advice etc. Check her out on Dogwise or even google her name to find her books etc.

Katy66
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks Snowdogs, I'll check her out. Believe me my DH and I wonder on a daily basis why we chose that breedbut we keep plugging along.

lizababe
07-17-2007, 03:40 PM
snowdogs - There was no question in my mind when we were ready for a dog that it would be a rescue. I do a lot of charity work for the Humane Society and it was so hard not to bring theirs home with me. They had a pit mix that was just so sweet. Whenever I came to visit she would saunter right up to me and lean against my legs just begging for me to take her home. At the time, we weren't dog-ready. One of the trainers ended up with her because she was just so special. I took in a couple of foster dogs to make sure we could make the commitment. I'm a little commitment-phobic can you tell? I had a list of potential new best friends. A border collie puppy that I knew my daughter would go nuts for.. but I knew my schedule just wasn't fair to a puppy. There were also a greyhound and a collie that I was supposed to meet with but I met Buster first and what can I say? He had me at "Hurro." The Aussie Rescue were having a tough time placing him because of his issues with other pets and that he just didn't seem to like anyone. His foster mom tossed a ball, he brought it back to me instead of her. When I opened my car door to get a pen, he jumped right in and that was that. He still doesn't really like anyone but me. He hides when I'm not around and won't eat without me. At least he's an equal opportunity hater! BTW Patricia McConnell used Buster in one of her training classes. That was the day he and I met and I took him home! Though she gave him some cheese wiz that gave him some fierce runs.

Well it looks like no nap for me today and I need to get moving. It's for good reason though. I've had a personal stress that has been eating me alive and today my prayers were answered. I need to go complete the answer to the prayers and then I'll hit COD on my way to work.

Kristen - wow to you too! 37 inches!!!!!!!

Heather - I'm sure your next WI will show better results. Good job on not gaining!

Felicia - WTG!!!!!

More later after COD!

amylou7777
07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey guys! Just did a quick skim before I head to work...

Felicia-awesome!
Liza-GOOD LUCK!
Cassi-sauces sound SO good!

Happy Birthday Karen!

I'm down 1lb at the COD today....I was expecting more but I guess my home scale was playing tricks on me....I'm feeling better today still just so tired but no more fever...here's to another POP day!

amylou7777
07-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh and I finally got measured--10.5 gone! One day I'll be up there witih Debster!

Have a wonderful day!

slim n trim
07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Good Afternoon Everybody,

Hope you are all having a great day!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I really appreciate it. I was golfing this morning, and when I came home my 3 year old granddaughter had left me an entire rendition of happy birthday gramma on my voice mail. It was so precious, it made me start to cry. But it was happy tears. :cloud9:

My day is going great. Yesterday - I stepped on the scale and was down to 144, but I was not willing to believe it after my over indulgences on the weekend - so this morning I stepped on the scale praying that it had not gone back up, and ..... da da da dahhhhh ...... 143. I got off, back on, thought can't be ..... again - 143 - whooo hooo. Great birthday gift! :D
I have to thank you guys all - I just don't think I would have stuck with this without all of your support. :grouphug: You all are so motivational.

Sounds like there are lots of losers today - keep up the good work all of you.
Between Kristen and Deb - you guys have almost almost 8 feet. That is awesome!

Hey Kristen - how did that cheesecake turn out?

Okay - I gotta run get a few things done, not is it only my b/day, but grandsons yesterday (2) party tomorrow - granddaughter (3) and grandson (1) on Sunday and wednesday - there party is on Sunday. There will be more flipping birthday cake in my life over the next week than I care to see.

Thanks again everybody!

Repo girl
07-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi guys! Sorry I have been a lurker, life is getting the best of me at the moment, but I am POP, trying hard, and doing well.

Keep to the faith everybody!

smjezzy
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Must be something in the air Katie - hang in there. It'll pass eventually.

KrispieD
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Shannon great to see you and now that I have picked myself up off the floor from the new blizzard comment.. I'm saying HELLO!
Scale is up from dinner party but I knew full well when I grabbed some extra liquid fruit I would pay for it :)
Have from now till Saturday to behave myself and be a good POP girl.. as long as Dairy Queen doesnt' come out with any new flavors!

galachick
07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Great Job, Tina!

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Yeah! Felicia and DH.

WTG Amy! I can't wait to get to 7 in. They will do measurements at WI tomorrow.

Everyone appears to be doing great. I hope my WI tomorrow is positive as well. It's a rainy day here in GA. I did get the grass cut before the rain started. I'll be doing the edging and the weed-eating tomorrow if the rain stops. I love working in my yard and gardens. My housekeeping leaves a bit to be desired. I am looking for that Mr. Right who either likes to clean house or can afford a maid!:D

Snowdogs
07-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh Liza I'm jealous! I would love to meet Patricia. I've been waiting for Sept. since the beginning of the year for a TTouch class/seminar I'm going to in Fargo. Nothing big ever comes to Fargo or my neck of the woods anyways - at least as far as this stuff goes.

Sorry Gals - alfredo b wizards... I'll pass. :-)

msbuckweet
07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Hello!! I am needing help! Why is it when you are doing good staying on plan that something comes along and knocks you off?!?! I am a HUGE emotional eater and am needing some tips on how to overcome this?! I had a meeting regarding our oldest adopted child (18), who is no longer living with us. I don't cope well when it comes to dealing with him or his baggage!! I EAT!! I eat until I am stuffed!! I feel HORRIBLE!!

As an after thought, I should not have overate. And its not like I overate grapes or celery...its chips and potato salad...anything I could get my hands on!!

Any suggestions??

Gretchen:(

Lynx
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Deb - your journey gives us all hope that we can succeed. Congratulations.
Gretchen - when I am faced with temptation, I am trying to teach myself to stop and ask the question - what do I want in the long run, not the short run. I know it is not easy, but you made a very good decision to make a change in your life. For many of us, we carry something legal at all times with us to eat so we can grab that and hopefully the chips or whatever it is will not seem so appealing.
Lastly, don't beat yourself up - just turn and go on.
Take care

Repo girl
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Hello!! I am needing help! Why is it when you are doing good staying on plan that something comes along and knocks you off?!?! I am a HUGE emotional eater and am needing some tips on how to overcome this?! I had a meeting regarding our oldest adopted child (18), who is no longer living with us. I don't cope well when it comes to dealing with him or his baggage!! I EAT!! I eat until I am stuffed!! I feel HORRIBLE!!

As an after thought, I should not have overate. And its not like I overate grapes or celery...its chips and potato salad...anything I could get my hands on!!

Any suggestions??

Gretchen:(

Here is a copy of something I posted on another thread this afternoon.

I would say that the mental side of losing weight is at least half the battle. This stuff is probably old hat, but let me suggest a few ways to counteract binging eating. First off, find some other ways to keep you busy until the urge passes. Personally, I like to play bejeweled on my cell phone or on the computer. Some other thoughts are take a hot cup of tea with you to take a long, hot bath. By the time you have relaxed in the tub and enjoyed your tea, you will not feel so "Bingy". Also, you will have a little time to work out whatever it was that triggered the binge. Triggers are the other thing that must be looked at. When do you binge? Why? Take any binge or fall off of the wagon as a learning experience. Crappy day at work? Fight with DH? Bored? Lonely? Happy? If you know that a certain event will cause you to fall, then you can be prepared with a plan. If I have a crappy day at work, and I want to go home and binge, then I will.........only you can fill in the blanks with this one. Perhaps call a friend, take a walk, go for a drive, or get online and chat with us! When you fall, get back up as fast as you can and keep going. Not tomorrow, right now, the next meal you eat, make it an OP one. You are worth it! It is worth feeling good, being proud of yourself, and changing your life for the better!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Here is a copy of something I posted on another thread this afternoon.

I would say that the mental side of losing weight is at least half the battle. This stuff is probably old hat, but let me suggest a few ways to counteract binging eating. First off, find some other ways to keep you busy until the urge passes. Personally, I like to play bejeweled on my cell phone or on the computer. Some other thoughts are take a hot cup of tea with you to take a long, hot bath. By the time you have relaxed in the tub and enjoyed your tea, you will not feel so "Bingy". Also, you will have a little time to work out whatever it was that triggered the binge. Triggers are the other thing that must be looked at. When do you binge? Why? Take any binge or fall off of the wagon as a learning experience. Crappy day at work? Fight with DH? Bored? Lonely? Happy? If you know that a certain event will cause you to fall, then you can be prepared with a plan. If I have a crappy day at work, and I want to go home and binge, then I will.........only you can fill in the blanks with this one. Perhaps call a friend, take a walk, go for a drive, or get online and chat with us! When you fall, get back up as fast as you can and keep going. Not tomorrow, right now, the next meal you eat, make it an OP one. You are worth it! It is worth feeling good, being proud of yourself, and changing your life for the better!

Great words of wisdom Katie :hug:

BarbaraB
07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Gretchen, It happens to all of us at one time or another, we are all human and tend to eat for all sorts of reasons. The difference between success and failure is just to keep going and keep trying. Be a good friend to yourself.
Be kind and forgiving instead of harsh and unforgiving to yourself! Don't be hard on yourself and declare yourself a failure. I have discovered, that is the minute that you really fail! Not when you ate, but when you give up trying.. since the eating is not nearly as destructive as we think it is! It is what you do most of the time that really counts... not what you do once in awhile... So try to be POP most of the time, and you will see success.

Now the scale is likely to blip up. Don't panic, It is the salt from the chips! Myself after a slip up, I avoid the scale.

Kristen, the scale blips up after liquid fruit? I have actually seen it do the opposite for me! I suspect it was due to way more than 6 oz though... I shouldn't let my DH decide how much is 6 oz... He is of the opinion that I always could use another glass.

lizababe
07-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Katy and Gretchen - Hang in there and try to take care of yourselves. I wish I had better advice but I'm the opposite kind of emotional eater. I starve myself when I'm upset and I eat when I'm happy or bored.

There have been some really great words of wisdom here in the past 24 hours! Barbara - that's funny about your DH! (I think a lot of men use the metric system)

I'm down 1.5 lbs according to the COD scale. Again, they didn't see the gain I did on Saturday so it's a total of 3.5 on my personal scale (after a 2 lb gain) So woo hoo!!!!

healthy2b
07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone....sorry I haven't been around for the past few days....trying to get everything done before I have my surgery tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m.....so until I get back....good luck to everyone and stay POP:)

Debbie367
07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey guys....busy busy busy this week. Thinking of you all and trying to keep up with the posts! WOW.

I've been trying to get back on track from the weekend Corona fest. Why oh why can't I commit? I need therapy!

Repo girl
07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Good luck Carrie, we will be thinking of you!

Debbie- Here is a big cyber kick in the rear end to get you going!

amylou7777
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks Karen and Renee! This was my first measurement since I started so I was pretty happy to see that 4 of those inches are off of my hips! I'm just starting to feel a difference in my clothes and can't wait to be down a size.

About the binge eating-the only thing that works for me is to NOT have the snacks in the house or around me.
I read somewhere that it takes us 27 days to develop a habit. It's kinda strange bc it seemed like exactly 27 days after I started LAWL I noticed that my cravings were literally gone and I was finally in the "zone" with plan. I have to kind of convince myself that I am allergic to those foods. I don't look at them on the menu, don't put them in my grocery cart and try SO hard to pass at parties (this is my downfall). But the biggest thing is to just get over and it and hop right back on plan.

I had a good talk with a counselor at the COD this morning. I hate being "rude" at parties or turning down dinner invites to places where I know I can't really order on plan...I was expecting her to say, well, sometimes there are things we can't prevent, sometimes we slip up...blah, blah, blah, BUT she just looked at me and said, either you want this or you don't! Your friends will understand. You are changing your life and that means everyday. Obviously there will be slip ups BUT if you aim to fail you will!

Congrats to all the losers today! I'm having another POP day so far!

Carrie-we'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I hope the surgery goes well!

slim n trim
07-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Good Luck Carrie,

I will be thinking about you.

I am sure all will be just fine.

Joni135
07-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Amy - those were some good words from your counselor...I need to remember how badly I want this when temptation calls!

Carrie - sending good thoughts and prayers your way...you'll be fine!

Liza - must be a Capricorn thing! I starve myself when I'm upset and I eat when I'm happy or bored. Way to go on the continued losses and I love it when I hear about "answered prayers."

Renee - Good luck; I can tell you they are few and far between in Georgia!! I am looking for that Mr. Right who either likes to clean house or can afford a maid!

Snowdogs...thanks for the tips. I will definitely try that. I actually have the gentle lead but need DH to retrain me on how to put it on her. And I'll never look at the DW the same way.

Marleymom
07-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone! Today is "Day 31" on the program for me (Gold Plan). At WI today, I had lost 1.2 lbs- that is 12 pounds in all. "32 pounds to go" but that sounds a lot better than the "50" I started out with a month ago. Sometimes I wish it would come off faster, but the point is : it is coming off, one pound at at time! My center has been to a "training" for the new products, etc... but even though I needed a new monthly diary today, they didn't change my Gold Plan. The only thing "new" they had was the new portion plate (of which I bought!) My best friend just joined at another center across town and she is on "LA Express" and gets two more starches and proteins than me. I was sort of hoping they would switch me today. They say the new stuff is coming but not yet. They also were out of cookbooks,because they said the "new" ones are coming. I wonder why some of the centers are ahead of others even in the same town? Just a thought! I am doing o.k. right now, but I am a high school teacher and I am worried about when I go back to work on Aug. 1st. I have been going to the gym and I really hope I can continue to fit that in when school starts back as well as the planning and cooking I have been trying to do. I will have to continue to try new things and new ideas when I go back to work in 2 weeks. Its a little scary. Good luck to all those reading this. Your stories really help me!

Katy66
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Amy - congrats on your POP today and inches loss.

Carrie - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm sure things will go fine. Heres to a speedy recovery so we can see you back on here soon.

Marleymom - Not sure why they are rolling the new plans out like they are. hope you get yours soon.

Hey to everyone else out there. Have a great night and I'll chat with you in the am.

CandlePrincess
07-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Gretchen: I do the same thing. I just got back upstairs after a "binge". I was thinking I'd feeling better...but no such luck. So let's just get up in the morning and start over! And next time our emotions get the best of us....let's find something different. I think next time I'm going to try writing in my journal, and drinking some water! Let's do it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

*by the way....i like your name! my sister's name was Gretchen..and you don't hear that very often!*

Dan2112
07-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Evening gang...

I'm going to be short on content here, but I just gotta say...

Alfredo Blizzard??? That's just not right....

My busy day went well.. Had a meeting at the Girl Scout office to talk with their PR person about doing a joint story about some tree cutting we're paying for on their land... First thing my counterpart there did was hand me two damn boxes of cookies when I walked in there... Not only that, but two of my favorites... My smile and "thank you" barely contained my scream of anguish...

Prazteam
07-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone! (seems strange because this is actually the end of my day!)
First...
Dan - get rid of those cookies and I don't mean eat them! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/i_nono.gif

Cassi - I've often used the "taste" method when I was tempted and found 99% of the time, whatever it was didn't take as good as I thought it would. So just a taste was enough to satisfy me! I think you're awesome as always and you're doing a great job!

Going to bed. Blessings everyone!

Prazteam
07-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Gretchen, I tried to pm you but got a message that I couldn't so here goes.
Most of us out here have been emotional eaters at one time or another. We eat when we're happy, we eat when we're sad. We eat when we're worried, excited, depressed, anxious, tired, keyed up, stressed out, overworked, angry, hurt, and/or disappointed. We eat when we're lonely and we eat to be social. Let's face it, eating is our problem and it's why we're here!
I started to give you some ideas of WHAT to eat... then I was writing some ideas of how NOT to eat, but I deleted all of that to say this...
Gretchen, just like the rest of us, you've got to make up your mind to change your ways! You've got to retrain yourself to react in a positive manner instead of a negative one. I know, and everyone else here knows, it's not easy and it's definitely easier said, than done. But you know what? You're worth it! So if it means you need to call someone and vent, do it. If you need to put a sign on your fridge and cabinets that remind you to reach for something healthy, take a bubble bath, play squirt guns with your kids or to go clean your neighbors windows.... whatever you need to do to retrain yourself.... do it! But the bottom line is, you've got to do it for yourself! Love yourself enough to tell yourself NO! No, I'm not going to eat that because I don't NEED it, and because I have chosen to change my eating habits, I deserve only those things that are GOOD FOR ME!!! I deserve to be healthy. I deserve to be happy and making a poor choice right now may bring me short term happiness, it may satisfy my short term craving, but it will NOT make me the healthier person I deserve to be! Tell yourself, "I'm not that person anymore that reaches for food to handles the bumps in the road!"
So Gretchen, take a moment and devise a plan. A way to handle those emotions that send us running for the nearest bag of chips, a blizzard, twinkies, hot dogs, cheesecake... even potato salad! You plan to fail if you fail to plan! Get that plan ready and MAKE yourself adhere to it! You can do this Gretchen! You can do it because you're worth it! The next time you sense yourself headed down that "wrong way" road, I just know you'll reach for that plan and save yourself! And each time you do, it will get easier and easier and suddenly, you'll find you're not reaching for the plan anymore because you automatically know how to react to those situations!
I can't wait to hear your first success story! I'll be watching for it!
(If I've said anything to hurt your feelings or offend you, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.)
Blessings,

lizababe
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Marleymom - That's a GREAT loss!!!!

Carrie - Thinking about you and hope all goes well today.

Dan - (In my Homer Simpson voice) Stoopid Girl Scouts and their oh so scrumptous cookies! Just pretend they taste like cardboard.

Pearl - more pearls of wisdom as always. Bless you :-)

Joni - you also have that "It factor" in your picture and your posts! I think it is a Capricorn thing. We are disciplined people but unfortunately, that means we punish ourselves as our means of discipline.

Amy - I just saw your post to me about the hillbilly truck on my lawn. Believe it or not, parking really isn't that bad here with the exception of the 4th of July. I still have no idea why he chose my lawn as a parking space...BTW when I assessed the damage the next morning, there was some smooshed dog poop with a foot print in it. Heh.

Not much to share yet this morning. Sclae looked fine this morning and should stay that way since I've been POP since starting TO on Sunday. I think I figured out my exercise routine. I burn more by going for a bike ride but with summertime and kids out late at night, the dog can't come with me for those rides. He needs his exercise too! So I plan on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun he gets to go for a run with me (so he can check his peemail and be sociable) and I'll do the bike ride the other nights. On the nights I do the bike ride I'll just wear him out fetching the tennis ball for a bit before I go out. I hope I can stick to this routine.

Good luck with everyone who has WI today! POP wishes to everyone too!

Katy66
07-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Morning Everyone!

Pearl - Thanks for the words of wisdom. I think we can all take away from your post.

Dan - resist those cookies.

Liza - I'm jealous of you planning your exercise routine. I've really got to get more structured with mine. Wish I could find the time to go to the gym.

Just had my breakfast banana and ww lite english muffin with RFPB. Yummy! My goal is to stay POP today with some exercise this evening. My WI isn't until Friday. My home scales show down a lb but we shall see.

Heres hoping everyone has a POP day!:) Take care!

Joni135
07-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Liza - smooshed dog poop with a footprint in it and "peemail." Starting a day off with laughter is a good thing! There must be something to pedaling a bike and weight loss. I did that cycle class yesterday and for the first time in weeks, my scale is down today...I even changed my ticker. I may just have to do that class more often (Tuesday and Thursday mornings for sure, since that's my preferred gym time).

Pearl - do you realize I have a folder on my computer called "Pearl's Words of Wisdom?" I just added to it and need to read your stuff on a daily basis....You are a blessing.

Dan - before you do any damage, I suggest you go set up a table in front of your local Walmart or food store and sell those "damn" cookies. You are the polite one...you should have looked at the person and said "do you think I got to this <do the model pose and point to self from head to toe> by eating these <point to cookies>?"

smjezzy
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Good morning people! Well I still haven't managed to get in all the required food, though I got closer yesterday. Believe it or not I was lacking 3 starches. Not sure how that happened since that's my favorite part of the meal. I was also missing 1 protein. At least I got my fruit and veggies in for a change. Scale is inching down ever so slowly. That basically just means I'm losing the weight I gained last week. I need to remember to bring in some food so I can get more food down between 11 and 4. I have to force myself to sit down and plan things out better. I wish I had Cassi's knack for that. I'm not sure why I find that so difficult.

Have a smashing blizzard-free, POP day peoples!

And Pearl. I must admit I kept wondering who this "Pearl" person was they kept talking about. Now that I've seen some of your posts please don't ever leave again. You truly are inspirational and uplifting. That's a great gift. Hey Joni - maybe we should have a new sticky thread titled "Pearls" of inspiration!

katiebug77
07-18-2007, 10:14 AM
OK, I have been reading through some of the posts, there are SOOO many since I have last checked in, and I am super jealous of those of you that have new plans, my COD has not gotten the info yet. Good morning Joni and Shannon, so good to see familiar faces! I am depending on you guys for some morning laughs to get me through work today, am soooo tired.

Snowdogs
07-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Did you guys see it on the news yet? You should have seen the choppers in the sky and the news crews gathered all around this morning when I threw my scale off the I-29 overpass !!!

LOL ! :D

Nah - I was sure because of all my hard work and good eating lately I WOULDN'T see a drop. And I kinda expected a gain. Yep, there it was exactly 2lbs up staring me in the face this morning.

Oh well, what can ya do except keep on keeping on and wait for your body to decide I'm not trying to kill myself and drop some of this weight. I honestly haven't been able to drop below this weight since.... It's a battle with these 2-3 lbs.

I WILL WIN THOUGH !!! ;) Keep on Keeping on.

Wise words Pearl. My sister asked me to do something yesterday and then said "I would offer you a Blizzard or something, but how about a Banana instead?" :D I told her it'd cost her a banana AND an apple.
Glad to see it's paying off Joni !

Hope everyone has a great day !

mizzt
07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Morning everyone!

Well im glad I was finally able to find the Knudsens! WOHOO Thanks Joni!!!!
Now I know where to look when i go back...I think im going to do a take off tomorrow as it looks like rain..so perhaps no camping for us :O( but there is always the weekend....DH AND DS and I are all off on vacation this week which is nice....
I hope everyone is doing well and staying POP...
I will check back later on have a great day all!

MizzT

Dan2112
07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Morning all...

Well, the cookies were resisted and now sit out here at the office.. With this bunch, they won't last long... Especially those chocolate/peanut butter ones... Too funny Joni!! As I was offered the cookies, I tried to think of a way to gracefully decline them, but my man-sized brain just couldn't come up with something quick enough...

Anyway.. Not a lot to say at this point.. Kate - Welcome back!!

Snowdogs - It will come off.. I promise!

Oh, I printed off a copy of the picture I use for AV to show my personal trainer.. He was curious to see how far I'd come with my diet.. I showed it to him last night and you should have seen the look on his face.. He asked - "You did this only through nutriction? That's amazing!!" Made me feel pretty good...

zambejaly5
07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
well so much for TO! I was doing great, had pretty much finished up my two days, when last night I remembered I had to go to a Bridal Shower!!! I was not going to eat anything. but then they had yummy stuff. like a wonderful salad with dried cranberries, those yummy rolled up tortillas with cream cheese and dried fruit - sliced ....mmmm and these to die for pretzles that are home made by a lady at our church...... yikes. my scale still says I am down 4 for this TO. which will probably mean the COD will say 2.5 or 3. which is respectable. but if only I had behaved my self. after two days of deprivation, I just couldn't resist all those yummies!

So off I go. I hope to do more personals when I get back. but today is going to be crazy. COD at 9, Chiropracter at 10, deliver flowers at 11, lunch, the library is playing The Bridge to Teribethia at 1, deliver flowers at 3, DH has those two interviews this afternoon. Plus I have to squeeze in a grocery trip........ oh shoot. it is 9 now!!! my day has started and I didn't even realize it!!!

KrispieD
07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
. A way to handle those emotions that send us running for the nearest bag of chips, a blizzard, twinkies, hot dogs, cheesecake... even potato salad!

Did someone mention blizzard! Ugg.. Gretchen we have all or almost all been there. Stress hits me and I head for the cupboards! I have kept our house free of all temptations.. on a bad day the worse thing I can grab is a whole grain bagel and maybe put some cheese on it or have an LA Lite of the chocolate variety. Pearl is right we have to replace replace replace. I start to putter around the nest now and you can tell when I'm fighting off urges because the house will get cleaned three times in a week or I'm ironing all of DH's clothes! It's how we all got to where we are so don't feel ashamed and the best thing about this board is the honesty.. we are so honest about EVERTHING we can scare people away! So buck up and come and confess.. the week after Christmas we were all on here talking about our indulgences and gains so you are not alone.. Keep it up.. none of us have lost this weight without a lot of hard work.. most of it mentally and we are no different than you are so give it a good go.. we are here for you!

lizababe
07-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Blah! Joni - I replied a nice long message to tell me how you cracked me up this morning with that comment about how Dan should've brought his sexy back over those cookies! Then... I spilled a HUGE cup of coffee in my studio. It went everywhere... keyboard, phone, mouse, space heater. I learned a lesson in space heaters though. That thing hasn't been turned on for months but it's still plugged in. I was sitting here mopping everything else up and heard this "sizzling" sound... yup it was the turned off space heater. That plug came right out of the wall!!!! I ransacked another studio for a replacement keyboard and had to clean God only knows what off of it and I'm good to go again!

I'm uber irritated today. It started with the cup of coffee but the co-worker who called me fat on a public message board is getting on my nerves more than most days. He and the producer sit outside my booth ogling the anchors on the tv and today is just too much. As one of my friends puts it "It's a Sausagefest" out there.

Wonder if I can lure him into my yard to step on some poop mines?

KrispieD
07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Liza,next time spill the coffee on him!!

Katy66
07-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Liza - don't you just hate people like that? I agree with Kristen, next time dump the coffee on him!

bayoubelle68
07-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Liza - keep your chin up. The jerks always get what they deserve in the end! Say the word and we'll all take off on a road trip and come take care of him for you!!

I was so happy yesterday when we ran into a friend who hasn't seen us all summer. She commented on DS's weightloss. He's six and a big boy - tall and chunky. That's one of the main reasons why we decided to do LAWL - so that we could avoid passing on our bad food habits to our kids. Of course, he and DD are NOT on a diet, but the fact that there is healthy food instead of junk in the house is really paying off. My friend took one look at Christopher and then she looked again and said (where he couldn't hear), "He has really slimmed up this summer!!" I was so happy!

KrispieD
07-18-2007, 12:59 PM
. A way to handle those emotions that send us running for the nearest bag of chips, a blizzard, twinkies, hot dogs, cheesecake... even potato salad!

Did someone mention blizzard! Ugg.. Gretchen we have all or almost all been there. Stress hits me and I head for the cupboards! I have kept our house free of all temptations.. on a bad day the worse thing I can grab is a whole grain bagel and maybe put some cheese on it or have an LA Lite of the chocolate variety. Pearl is right we have to replace replace replace. I start to putter around the nest now and you can tell when I'm fighting off urges because the house will get cleaned three times in a week or I'm ironing all of DH's clothes! It's how we all got to where we are so don't feel ashamed and the best thing about this board is the honesty.. we are so honest about EVERTHING we can scare people away! So buck up and come and confess.. the week after Christmas we were all on here talking about our indulgences and gains so you are not alone.. Keep it up.. none of us have lost this weight without a lot of hard work.. most of it mentally and we are no different than you are so give it a good go.. we are here for you!

Dan2112
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
That's great about your son, Felicia.. Wish I could say the same about our daughter.. Alex has always had a bit of weight problem.. She's not "big" but she has a tummy.. Now she's at the age when other kids make snide remarks.. Being as sensitive as she is, she takes it really hard..

The problem is that she's a pretty active girl, soccer, taekwon do, etc... Plus, since Liz and I have been on the plan, the food around the house is much healthier of course, but she still can't seem to lose any weight..

We try to be helpful and guide her choices, but she always gets very sullen when we bring the issue up. I'll admit that in the past, I haven't always been "constructive" in my support for her, which is probably something I picked up from the way my parents used to deal with my weight issues, but I think my approach has been much more supportive in recent months...

Anyway, she's eating more salads and skipping second helpings of things.. She still eats too fast (behavior she picked up from me) and tends to eat a lot if we don't stop her... But I thought the healthier stuff would have a more positive affect...

Katy66
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Dan and Felicia - One of the main reasons I got myself in gear to lose weight was because of my daughter. She is only 4 but I realized the example I was setting for her was not good. Having healthier choices around the house does help. As they get older and start making those food choices for themselves they will be well equipped to do that. Cassie will sometimes ask me if something is healthy for my diet so it is making them think about it. We are all doing a great job being the healthier role model our kids need!

Snowdogs
07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
:carrot: THANK YOU !!! :carrot:

I had a dentist appt this morning on the other end of town (okay it's a fairly sm. town but still took 15 min drive) and on my way I passed my FAV. fast food resturant.
I thought "OH, afterwards I'll grab Burger Time for lunch!" As a gift to myself of course for going to the dentist (I'm a HUGE dentist chicken). I was really looking forward to it.

Afterwards though - I DIDN'T GO !! :D I kept on driving straight to the gym and did 30 min. of intervals (2min walk 3.5mph, 1 min jog 6mph - 1% incline) on the treadmill ! :woops: That was a good workout!

So- I have to say thank you to everyone because this place is one of the reasons I just kept on driving!

MTdebster921
07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Good morning everybody

Thanks so much for the kudo's on the inches lost. It's so hard to wrap my head around that. I was the heaviest person at work and now I am one of the thinner people, but in my head I still see myself as that person I was. There is a lady at our center that has lost 65 inches and she is just a little bit shorter than that. At our center after you get measured, they give you a ribbon in the length of the inches you have lost. In Heather's after picture, she is standing on the ribbon and is holding it up above her head. Absolutely amazing!

Lettie- You wore me out with your routine today. Good luck to DH for his interviews!! It will all work out.

Dan- You are sooo close to goal and doing so awesome!! WTG on passing up those yummy girl scout cookies.

Kristen- 37" is just awesome!! Just think after you get all toned up from all that swimming how many more inches you will add to that!!

Amy- Great Job on the 10.5 inches! I have all the faith in the world that you will catch up to me someday! Those were great words from your COD. Sometimes ya just gotta hear that to get a reality check.

Karen- Happy belated birthday! Glad it was a good one.

Liza- WTG on the 3.5 Lbs. Poetic justice on the footprint in the dog poop huh?! Peemail!!:rofl:

Carrie- I'll be thinking about you today. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Marleymom- 12 lbs. in your first month is just incredible. You really don't want it to come off any faster or it's not healthy. Keep up the great job.

Katybug- Welcome back girl, we missed you!!

So yesterday, I am on the hunt for a new air conditioner which by this far into this heat wave is almost impossible. So I am at Sears and decide to go look for a summery dress for SIL's wedding party next month. First off, in this town, it's either little mini's that barely cover your butt for teenagers or something or else frumpy old lady looking dresses. I found one I liked but is so long it drags on the floor and it's sleeveless so I will have to work on toning the little batwings. It's a size 12 which blew me away. It was also $20 so I can't complain. I will hang onto it and if I can't find anything else, then I will shorten it up some and blow everybody away with the new me.

Have a great day!!

MTdebster921
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Snowdogs- WOOHOO!! That is super!!! Way to stay strong!!

bizlawchik
07-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Dan - How old is Alex? Maybe she'd benefit from some workout DVDs? She could do it at home in private and get some "ab work" in. It could be fun and unintimidating? Just a thought.

gotta run... more later

lizababe
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I made it through the morning with the Jerk and without hurting anyone. yay for me! Though I just now noticed I've been wearing my shorts inside out all day. Hmmmm

Felicia - I'm so happy for your DS!!!

Dan - It's really tough for a child to be overweight and to be the parent. Fortunately, my daughter takes after all of the rest of the family and doesn't have that problem.

One of the big problems is that you can control choices at home, but the schools are full of very bad food choices and very few good ones. School lunches are void of nutrition then you have vending machines full of soda and candy. I have this problem with my daughter. The school menu food is pretty nasty looking and she's a picky one. I've been in that cafeteria.. the only thing any of them want is the Pizza Hut personal pizzas. I'm ok with her having that once in a while, but not as an every day staple. Packing a lunch isn't much better. There aren't many foods that are good at room temperature and make a good meal. The best I can do is make sure she has a really good breakfast planned out (I'm at work when she's getting ready for school) give her some protein bars and fruit and then make sure there's some good food waiting for her at home. Sometimes I give her some extra money to go to Wendy's with friends after school (it's not quite as bad as McD's) and I figure the 4 mile round trip walk it takes for her to do that, burns off the damage done.

Marleymom
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Dan! I feel your pain (cookies)! Yesterday was my son's 18th b'day and his girlfriend made him homemade chocolate chip cookies! He doesn't even care for sweets! It is all I can do to pass by them in the kitchen. I stood in there like an idiot last night deciding if I should take ONE BITE or not! Makes me feel like an addict! I finally put them in the cabinet, out of sight, out of mind, right? Apparently not, because I am writing to you about them now! LOL

Joni135
07-18-2007, 02:37 PM
WTG Snowdogs...Burger Time didn't even realize you passed them by...the nerve of that place. I would never go there again if I were you!!
Great workout too. Intervals are the way to go (so I've been reading). Oh, I missed the news report about your scale tossing. I was too busy deleting the Dog Whisperer episodes off my DVR!

Katybug - welcome back....

Debster -- sounds like a good find on the dress. Good luck trimming down the wings...if anyone can do it, you can!

Liza - Shorts inside out??? I'd definitely say you had a rough morning ..you deserve an apple and an extra long bike ride (I'm feeling mighty generous today).

Kristen - your post to Gretchen is so good, it comes up twice!

Oh, I printed off a copy of the picture I use for AV to show my personal trainer.. He was curious to see how far I'd come with my diet.. I showed it to him last night and you should have seen the look on his face.. He asked - "You did this only through nutriction? That's amazing!!" Made me feel pretty good...Dan - I have a friend who always says 80% is what you put in your mouth, 10 % is working out, and 10% is genetics.

To those with kids, good luck. I know for me it was not what was in our house, but what was available to eat at friends and the school cafeteria. Fortunately, we had gym class everyday, no video games, 1 television at home, and we had to walk or ride our bikes everywhere. I remember in grade school getting 25 cents for lunch and going to some hot dog/candy joint and spending all my lunch money on a bag of candy..pure junk. It's amazing I'm alive to tell the story!

Prazteam
07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Joni - do YOU realize you made me cry?!? I was overwhelmed (and humbled!) by your "folder"! Thank you!

Shannon - What a precious post! Thank you too! I truly hope I NEVER have computer problems again! I know not coming here was one of the reasons I didn't stick to the plan like I should have!

Snowdogs - What a wonderful sister to realize first of all to offer you both and to also let YOU make the decision! There is so much POWER when we make the good decisions! AND you made ANOTHER one passing up that restaurant! That wasn't going to be a gift! It was going to be an old trap but you were too wise to fall for it this time!!!!! WOO HOO!!http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/tiphat.gif

Krispie - No that wasn't Blizzard!!! That was GIZZARD... or was it Wizard... or maybe Lizard?!? http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/i_sweat.gif

Felicia - that's a NSV if ever I heard one!!! http://www.soulcysters.net/images/smilies/five.gif

Marleymom - BUT you didn't go for it!!! :woo:

As for me - TO is over and I lost 8 pounds all together! I'm getting my hair done and when it's finished, I'll post a new photo and work on the new ticker! The important thing is that I'm going down!
Blessings,

JLem311
07-18-2007, 03:09 PM
hey everyone. just checking in quick. i'm so exhausted from work. ugh.
and now i've got to pack, since we fly out at 8am and we fly out of raleigh, so gotta leave a bit early to get there in time and through security, etc.

so just wanted to say hey and that i'll try to check in once or twice while i'm away. :) and since i usually lose about 3lbs while i'm on vacay i'm gonna shoot for about the same this time around...cross your fingers for me.

i'll be back later, i'm sure. i'm such a procrastinator when it comes to packing. ugh.

BarbaraB
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi all,

Second day of TO and I went to the spin cycling class this morning, so I've already had my lunch and it is almost 11:30... might be a loooooong afternoon. Oh well, just one more day!

I woke up this morning and found my DH eating a yogurt. Then he said he'd still do a 1 day takeoff with me... um OK whatever.... So I sent him off with oranges and bars and dosed him with supplements. I don't know if that is a good idea with my husband, as he is sensitive to caffiene and on the hyper side to start with. I gave him the Enhance and the Vitamax with Caffiene.

I'm hoping to hit my goal weight again tomorrow at the COD. The scale has seemed to be creeping in the wrong direction and I want it to creep the opposite direction. I want to look good in Hawaii. I want my older sister who always made comments about my weight to be fatter than me, because I'm apparently very petty. I'm going to Hawaii with my two sisters.

I'm contemplating the tanning salon also, before my trip to Hawaii so I can go outside there without instantly burning to a crisp and spending the rest of my vacation inside with the solarcaine. I've often thought someone as fair as I am should be reflecting all the light and not get burned, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Felicia, so great that your son is slimming down because you've started having healthier food in the house. I wish I had been a better example to my 18 year old who is struggling with her weight now. I think I have bite marks on my tongue for not saying much to her about it, since she doesn't want my advice. It is something we all have to figure out on our own anyway. I bought her a gym membership and encourage her to go. She is convinced if she will just eat vegan that she won't have a weight problem. So she varies from being a total junk food junkie to being a strict vegan. So I go to the expensive store and buy organic produce and check lables for Vegan... and then she skips that and goes to McDonald's and eats two big macs. Bite marks I say... all over my tongue... Ok not when I found out she was smoking... couldn't bite my tongue for that one.. I think she thought she would lose weight. I think she has stopped that though, but I'm not sure.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Good afternoon everybody!!!

I put a new picture in my profile cause I cant figure out how to put it in a post, grrr! LOL When I started LAWL my goal was to get to a size 12. When you start out in a 20 thats a pretty lofty goal, was to me anyway. I've never been one to care what the number on the scale said as long as I was at a size I was happy with. Which hadnt happened in so long I had no idea what my goal weight should be. I just told the COD when I'm happy I'll quit losing, which is what I did even though I didnt make it to my original goal. Now about the picture...the shorts I have on are a size 12 and they are huge! I'm still having to buy 12's in jeans since they dont give as much as cotton! LOL

:oAfter I read this it sounds conceited but I figured you guys would know where its coming from. We've all worked so hard I think we deserve to brag on ourselves a little bit! You'll never know how much the support of all you guys has meant to me. Thanks for being such good friends.

bizlawchik
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Yay Kim! You DID work hard. Brag all you want. This is exactly why we're here... to provide support and share in victories!

emmysmom
07-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Kim - not conceited at all...brag away! You deserve it! And, you look fabulous:)

JLem311
07-18-2007, 06:43 PM
yay kim!

Mama Nicole
07-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone....sorry I haven't been around for the past few days....trying to get everything done before I have my surgery tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m.....so until I get back....good luck to everyone and stay POP:)
Carrie,
best of luck on your surgery tomorrow :) I hope you recover as quickly as my DS has been recovering. We will all be thinking of you. :)

Hi to everyone else. I haven't even read all of the posts......and I really don't have time right now.....but I wanted to check in with you all :) I miss you guys!!!

XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
07-18-2007, 07:59 PM
:getwell:Carrie-I hope everything went well with your surgery and wish you a smooth and speedy recovery. Let us know how you are when you feel up to it. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Debbie367
07-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Good evening! Loooooooooooooong day at the office, I'm beat! Some days I feel like I have no brain power left.

Still can't get my head in the game but I am checking in and hoping some of your willpower and desire to stay OP will hop on over to TN!

BarbaraB
07-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Debbie... I'm thinking will power thoughts and sending them your way...
You can do this! It must be LATE there, since I'm feeling like it is time to go home and it is 3 hours later here

lizababe
07-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Debbie - How about if I send my lack of appetite your way? Maybe we can even things up!

Hi Nicole!

Hi Jillian!

Hi Tina!

Kim - You look SO GOOD! You are not bragging or being conceited! You're sharing and giving us hope! Please keep it up!

I'm hoping to hit my goal weight again tomorrow at the COD. The scale has seemed to be creeping in the wrong direction and I want it to creep the opposite direction. I want to look good in Hawaii. I want my older sister who always made comments about my weight to be fatter than me, because I'm apparently very petty. I'm going to Hawaii with my two sisters.
Barbara - Good luck tomorrow! That's funny about being petty. Hey we all want those naysayers to eat their words!

Pearl - 8 pounds during TO?? WOW!!!!! Enjoy pampering yourself! You deserve it!

Joni - I double checked all of my clothing before coming back to work. It's all right side out, no tags, no dog snot, no coffee stains on my chest. I think the afternoon is going much better. Thank you for the apple and extra long bike ride. How did you know I'd already planned to reward myself with that?

Snowdogs - I'm sorry Burger Time didn't send you flowers but I think you made the best choice in breaking off that relationship! Good job!

Debster - I'm sure you'll get those arms looking as fabulous as the rest of you in no time! I hear ya on the dresses... I had to find one for a funeral last summer and it was not easy. Hope you found your air conditioner!

Not much else for me to say. Despite the grumpy morning the afternoon is going so-so. There was some chopper drama and I came close to throwing in the towel on that gig. I've been POP and am looking forward to the bike ride tonight. Hope everyone is having a lovely POP evening!

Katy66
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Liza - Glad your pm is going better than your am started.

Debbie - Hang in there. Those long days can make it hard to focus on our goals.

Kim - you look awesome, I'd be bragging too or should I say will be bragging too one day:)

Pearl - thanks again for all the words of wisdom

Hi to all the rest of you out there! It has been a bit of a stressful day for me as well. I have managed to stay close to plan with the exception of missing a fruit and tasting DH's pizza:)

Have a great evening gang!

KrispieD
07-18-2007, 11:49 PM
All I can say is.. Oh MY GOSH.. KIM LOOK AT YOUR TUMMY!!!!!!!!

Go try on a size 2!!!

bayoubelle68
07-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Debbie - don't give up! I know how crappy days can make you feel, but don't let it get the best of you. You are an incredible, smart, and wonderful woman and you deserve the best that life has to offer. Don't let anything stand in the way of your dreams and your success. It's yours! Take it!

bayoubelle68
07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
BTW, I found the yummiest treat today - grilled nectarines. SOOOO good! I just sprayed each half with ICBINB spray and grilled them flesh-down for about 5 minutes. Such a treat!

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Good morning everybody! :wave:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I have the day off today, but this afternoon I am going to take my State Boards for my license. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

I will be heading out to WI shortly. My home scale showed a loss, but I will wait to change the ticker til it's official.

Have a great POP day everyone! Will check back in later ...

katiebug77
07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone! It's almost Friday! I'm so glad to back on track and thanks for the warm welcome back!!

Good luck Sherry on your exam! You'll do great!

Gosh, since I have been gone, I see we have alot of new people here. I love it! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Now back to work.....

steph618
07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone!
I am kind of new to the board. I did LAWL for a very brief amount of time at the beginning of the year and then fell off the wagon. My center just had a special to get restarted for $99 so I went in yesterday and met with a counselor. It's only been a few months since I was there last and there was not a single face I recognized! All the counselors were new. I couldn't believe turnover was that high! Anyway, today is my first day of TO and then I go in tomorrow to get my plan. I think that they are on the new plans because I saw a girl walking out yesterday with a numbered plan booklet and it looked different then the old ones. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. My goal is to get down to 130. Wish me luck!

bayoubelle68
07-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Stephanie - welcome and good luck! Our COD so far has no knowledge of the new plans, so I don't know if we'll be switching or not. We'll see! Anyway, good luck on TO!

Dan2112
07-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi there...

Groggy this morning.. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet... I made a monster pot of 'black death', so I should be feeling it soon!

Have to relate a funny story that happened here at the office yesterday..

I spent a good part of last week and this past Monday creating a presentation and talking points for my boss, the state forester.. He had to talk to a legislative committee on Tuesday... Well, he got back into the office yesterday afternoon.. As I was walking by his office, I stuck my head in to say hi. He called me in and said he needed to talk with me and asked me to sit down...

At this point, I'm thinking "Oh crap... Something went wrong with the presentation or that it wasn't what the committee was looking for.." And when the boss asks you to sit down, you know he need to talk seriously for a while...

So I grit my teeth, expecting the worst... And he starts off the conversation by saying "I really need to lose 40 pounds or so.. Can you give me some information on the diet you're on?"... So for the next 20 minutes or so, I talk to him about the ins and outs of the LAWL plan.. :lol:

Today, I'm bringing him a copy of the Red Plan and the cookbook for him to get some ideas from. I figure since LAWL doesn't exist in New Mexico anymore, it can't hurt to share the plan info... He just wants a basic guide to the kinds of foods he should be eating and how much...

And here I thought I was in deep s**t for something.....

emmysmom
07-19-2007, 11:28 AM
That's awesome, Dan! You must have been quite an inspiration to him!

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Back from WI - down another 2 #'s, which is a total of 5# my first week! WooHoo! I am excited!!

Stephanie - I just recently rejoined at my center, after not having been there for a few months. Not one single person is the same. I asked about it. One was promoted in another area, the others have left the company altogether. While I like the familiar, the positive side to this is: New beginning (again) for me, New faces, new tips & new motivation. :goodluck: and :welcome:

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Dan - did your centers change names? Or they just closed altogether? Are you doing this on your own now or online?

Joni135
07-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Dan - that is a great way to start the day.....you truly are an inspiration. So you are bringing him the red plan, a cookbook....are you going to tell him about us? LOL. Like so many of us have said, this is sort of our secret club and, personally, I like it that way.

Funny you should be the last to post..I was coming on here to share a site you may want to share with Liz or directly with your daughter or you can just check it out and see what you think. Every Thursday, Denise Austin features a kid-related msg on her website...today's was all about being a "fit family together"

Long before you ever sit down and talk to your child about the importance of being active, he or she will have already picked up many of the messages from just watching you. So make sure they're positive messages!

One of the easiest ways to do this is to make family time active time! Need some ideas to get your family moving in a fun way? The experts at the National Association for Sport and Physical Education suggest the following:

Walk to visit friends or family whenever possible. The same goes for shopping and dining out! Try something new! Let your kids teach you to dance to "their" music, or take a fitness class as a family.
Plant a family garden, with each member taking care of a different section.
Visit a u-pick farm and enjoy getting in touch with the food you eat!
Plan a family "treasure hunt" that takes a route through the yard or park.
Enter a family-friendly walk, bike-a-thon, or other event. Help others and yourself!

She has this website devoted to kids and health
http://www.deniseaustin.com/fitkids/default.asp

emmysmom
07-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Stephanie! :wave: You don't need luck, you just need us :hug:

Good luck with your boards, Sherry...we can't help you out with that one.:dunno:

Liza - Question for ya...you know what it's like to work with radio personalities, right? Are you very vocal about losing weight or are you more of a private person. The reason I ask is because I gave my LAWL info to one of our morning DJ's (who is also a very close friend), but I told her that I don't want it to be public knowledge that I'm trying to lose weight. So she said okay, but then she'll make comments on-air about me being her accountability...or she'll yell down the hall and say...Tina, you're getting skinny...or Your butt's looking good:o I mean, I know that people are starting to notice, but holy cow! I'm much more the type of person who would rather someone say YOu're looking good...not yelling it out to the tri-county area. I don't know...I must be moody today:(

Speaking of being moody...my 3yo DD went on her first bus trip today. Her preschool class went on a mini field trip (5 miles away) to a little water park. No rides or anything, just sprinklers and stuff like that. So I'm sick. I have a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat. So they were to leave at 9:30...so I'm sitting here at my desk and watching the clock. Finally, at 9:20 I said to my boss, "I'm having a mommy moment...I gotta go"...so I went to her preschool and parked in the parking lot so I could watch her get on the bus. I didn't want her to see me, I just wanted to see her. It's tough being a mom sometimes. So now I'm not a stereotypical "soccer Mom" as my brother likes to call me...I'm "Stalker Mom"! :rofl:

emmysmom
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Joni - you bring up a great point with kids. I have always given my DD nothing but healthy foods. She's never had soda, only has had juice once or twice unless I make it myself, no fried foods, etc. Then one day I thought, "Why should I be eating any different from her?" Like I would hide my soda from her because I didn't want her to want it...things like that. So now I'm a good example to her. She is very curious in my veggies...she won't try them all yet, but at least she's being exposed to them. And she knows that mommy exercises every morning. Sometimes she'll say, "Look mommy...I'm sweating too because I'm exercising." So it's a great feeling. She even does yoga! On her favorite channel, Sprout (it's 24 hr PBS programming), one of the hosts does a 5 minute yoga segment and she loves to do it with her. So my hope is that I instill these values and knowledge of being healthy so that when she starts school, she'll know what kind of choices she should be making. It is hard though, because once they're in school, you lose control over what goes into their bodies.

Dan2112
07-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks for sharing that site Joni... Looks like some really good information.. I'll pass it on to Liz as well..

Speaking of Liz.. She's sorry for not participating much lately, but work has her swamped.. By the time she gets home at night, the last thing she wants to do is sit at a computer... Unlike me, she apperantly likes getting work done while at the office! :lol:

Sherry - All our centers closed unceremoniously.. Staff weren't even alerted that they would be shutting down.. It's a long, overly dramtic story, believe me.. We were not offered doing it on-line as an option, and are now having to do it all on our own... sigh...

I'm going to the LAWL bankruptcy hearing in town tomorrow. The AG's office is going to request that the bankruptcy not exempt our franchise owner and the national franchise from the debt they owe clients for the product (lite bars) we pre purchased.. I'll let y'all know what happens...

smjezzy
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
That's too funny Dan. You should start charging and open your own Dan's weight loss!

Went to my endo doc yesterday and finally remembered to talk to her about this diet. She looked at the plan and got a weird look on her face and said why are they having issues with putting you on a plan with less food, this is too much for you. She suggested just cutting out a fruit and most of the starches.

I will do what she says and just log that I ate everything. Part of me says then they'll never learn how to deal with people on my meds if they aren't forced to but quite frankly I'm tired. I'll fake it instead of fighting it anymore.

I also mentioned that I was getting dizzy again and she looked at my blood pressure and said to cut that med in half again! I have already cut it in half once. WOOHOO. Hopefully pretty soon no blood pressure med!

AND It's almost Friday!!

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Dan - sorry to hear about your LA mess. Hopefully the bankruptcy comes through for you. It's too bad corporate couldn't account for some of it, especially the bars that were prepaid.

Dan2112
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, the problem is that franchise owners operate independently from the home office, so unless there's some kind of legal loophole, or the home office somehow grows a heart, they're under no obligation to pay... The money's already gone... We'll see how it turns out...

Shannon.. Good suggestion... Of course, I have a built in audience here... Once y'all's WL weeks are gone, and you feel you still need to lose weight, I'd be happy to supply my insights and motivational thoughts for half the price the COD will charge you for extra weeks.. :lol:

That said, the point is to make your goals, so kick it up a notch gang! Yer all doin' great!!!

lizababe
07-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Dan - That's funny about your boss and thinking you were deep in ca-ca! Now you are the guru!

Tina - It's different for me because I'm being paid to endorse the program so I'm doing ads talking about it, but nothing live on the air. I'm happy to do the program and endorse it personally but not so happy to talk about just how much weight I need to lose because of how judgemental people are. So when people ask me, I tell them how much I've lost but I don't volunteer it. I haven't lost enough yet for anyone to say "wow!" Does that make sense?

amylou7777
07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Good morning friends! Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I leave for w/i in a few minutes. My BNWI is WAY down. It was way down all day yesterday and is the same this morning but who knows what the COD will say.
I think this will be POP day number 5 for me and I couldn't feel any better. I was starting to get the "niblets" last week where I'd sneak bites of things and not necessarily be counting them. Now that I'm back I feel in control and am back to losing.

Shannon-I don't understand why your center wont listen to you. Now that you've seen your DR. they should be willing to work with you. It would make me uncomfortable lying to them bc then their advice is not valid. I would really try to level with a counselor to work out a solution. If you aren't being honest, the center becomes worthless.

Tina-I'm not a mom yet but I can picture myself doing the SAME thing (driving to watch the bus). I can't imagine how hard it is to watch your DD grow up. She sounds like such a cutiepie. I'm sure she had a blast today. How have things been with that mean kid who hit her awhile back?

Dan-WOW! You deserve a raise, huh? That's the best compliment ever.

Sherry-good luck on your boards! I'm sure you have studied so hard and I'm sure it's going to pay off big!

Jillian- have a great time on vacation! I'm packing for a trip home this weekend and never seem to get it done in time! How have your workouts been?

DebbieTN-Are you back in action yet? GIRL-try to remember why you wanted to do this if you are feeling off track. I'm wishing a POP day for you!!

Hi Felicia-your move in date is fast approaching-I hope the packing is going smoothly!

Brit- how was LV? Are you back to POP? We missed ya!

Katiebug-I'm a newbie here, welcome back!

Katie-how's Emerson? How are you?

Katy-keep up the good work!

Lettie-you sound BUSY! Howd' the interviews go yesterday?! I have a feeling they went great!

Holly, Joni, Liza, Casi, Stephanie, everyone-Have a super day!!

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 01:22 PM
:thanks: to everyone for wishing me luck on my boards. I will check back in later. :stress: I am nervous ... but at least it will be done and over with. I will have to wait at least 2 business days to see if I passed or not. :fr:

BarbaraB
07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi All,

Went to WI and was 160.4, so TO got me from just over the 3 pounds from goal that they want you to stay almost back to goal, so I'm happy with that.
Now I just have to eat light for a time to make it stick.

Liza, You are on your way to wow.

Tina, I have a hard time knowing what to say when someone acts like my weight loss was something miraculous or superhuman that I did. Since I don't feel that way, it is more that I stopped doing some really super unhealthy things that it now embarasses me that I let myself do and be that way for so long.

Sherry, good luck with your boards!

Amy, You inspire me with you POPness....

Dan, good luck on the bankruptcy thing. I hope they at least refund you some money or give you bars. I'd be happy with just the bars.

Shannon, you don't have to lie.... Just let them lecture you and you can explain why you didn't and most likely you will eventually get a counselor who knows what she (or he) is doing and adjust your plan. I complained the same things over and over and eventually one of the counselors took action. I think if you show a loss for a couple of weeks doing it, they will believe. Great news about the blood pressure medicine. You've obviously done great things for your health!

Jillian, have a great time with your babies! I have become a regular passion tea drinker since you recommended them. Thanks for the tip.

Everyone else, have a great POP day and it is almost friday... I better get to work since I have a lot to do before Friday...

CandlePrincess
07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
So far so good on the 21 day boost. I am finding I get hungry sooner than before...i used to be able to wait about 4 hours between food and now it's only about 3....I'm don't like that....but I'm trying to deal with it the best i know how.

Tina: you're not considered a "stalker mom" when you DD is only 3. Now when you have 13 year old and you're doing that....then there's a problem...LOL We had a parent of one of our middle schoolers that would hide in the bushes and "peek" into classrooms to make sure her daugher was being good and not hanging out with the wrong crowd. Needless to say....that was a problem.

DFD has been crawling about a two weeks now....and she gets everywhere she wants to go....and yesterday she pulled herself up at the couch and took a couple of steps holding on. Seems like she has plans to walk soon!

DFS.....he's just happy we don't have more kids! LOL
I'm off for now, and will check in later! Everyone have a great POP day!

Katy66
07-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Good Afternoon! Whew what a busy day and I really should be working now not reading posts but this is much more enjoyable:)

Dan - Way to go scoring points with the boss! Good luck with the hearing, let us know how things go.

Tina - It is so hard to watch them grow up! I had another mother here at work tell me one time that the little girl you see going out the door for her first day of school is the same one you see walking out for her first date; going to the prom; leaving for college...they never age in your mind.

Katie - Let us know how Emerson is doing. I'm still praying for him.

Debbie - Hope today is better for you!

Amy - good luck at WI...sounds like you don't need it though.

Katiebug - I'm new since you've been away. Welcome back!

Sherry - Good with your WI.

Stephanie - I hear you on the turnover. All the Counselors except the manager and one other left over a two week period. Three very suddenly and the other did hang around to say bye to everyone. I can kinda understand though having spent some time with the mngr now that she is doing the visits.

Heather - Great job with the Boost...I've not had the willpower to try it yet. Right now it interferes with all our vacations. I'll probably need it more when I get back anyway:)

My day has been busy but good, I've stayed OP. Tomorrow is WI for me. Like I said my home scale shows down so I've got my fingers crossed! Talk to you soon and enjoy the rest of your day!

amylou7777
07-19-2007, 02:39 PM
My home scale was finally right! I am officially down over 3lbs!!!!! wow it feels so good to see all the POP days add up to a big time loss. I am finally over the 20lb hurdle!
Thanks for all of the encouragement-this site really keeps me accountable!

Katy-I've got my fingers crossed that your home scale homes through for ya!

Barb-Once you get in the groove of POP it starts to become natural again! Wishing you a POP day!

I will be visiting my family in So cal for a long weekend. Lots planned, Disneyland, shopping, maybe a baseball game, so lots of challenges. Luckily my entire family knows about LAWL and is very supportive so I expect them to keep me accountable. I'm sure I will still be checking in though!

Have a POP day everyone and thanks for the support!

Snowdogs
07-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I haven't said it yet --

WOWZA KIM !!! Man you rock !!!

Way to go everyone - man seems like everyone is kicking some patootie.

emmysmom
07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Amy - DD hasn't seen the mean kid since that day so I think the teacher got that under control.

Tina - It is so hard to watch them grow up! I had another mother here at work tell me one time that the little girl you see going out the door for her first day of school is the same one you see walking out for her first date; going to the prom; leaving for college...they never age in your mind.

I'm gonna cry now...:(

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 04:13 PM
ok, I am back from taking the boards, and I am more stressed now than before I left. I don't know if I should go eat something or cry. And I can't find out the results til Tuesday morning they said. The computer shut off at 85 questions (which is the minimum), but it can go either way. AAGGHH!!!

Joni135
07-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Sherry - I know it's tough, but take a deep breath and know that you did the best you could....in this age of technology, though, to make you wait until Tuesday is crazy....keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Stalker Mom Tina - your post actually got me teary eyed....like you said, you were having a "mommy moment." I could see me doing something like that. Oh wait, I did have some boyfriend stalker moments a long time ago.....now with the price of gasoline, I'd have to say no guy would be worth stalking!

Congrats to all you losers. I was aiming to lose 3 lbs this week and I think I'm down one. The thought of doing a Take Off or a Fast Forward over the weekend is not too enticing. How many of those Alli tablets can one take in a day? (just kidding)

BarbaraB
07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Tina, I know how you feel. Raising kids is just a process of letting go little by little. When they are little, you need to hold on tight, but as they get older your hold needs to be looser and looser until you aren't holding on at all, but are just there to catch them should they fall. Your DD is still little though, so hold on tight. I think I attached a picture of my DD. Not a mini-me... She takes after her father.

Sherry, Don't make it worse by eating something bad! Sorry you feel that it didn't go well. Can you take it again if you need to?

Amy congrats on 3 pounds! that is really great for only 5 days POP.

Joni, 3 pounds is a lot for a week. Down 1 is respectable. I always planned how much I was going to lose, but all you really can plan is what you are going to eat and how much exercise. The weight always comes off if you do, but just on its own timetable, not our plans. Always made me so crazy frustrated when that happened, but I think it is that way for a lot of us.

bayoubelle68
07-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Amy - congrats on passing 20!! I'm so proud of you!

I am so tired and really haven't even gotten a lot of packing done yet! I've GOT to get busy!! Both kids will be gone all day tomorrow and I won't have to go take DD to swimming lessons in the middle of the morning, so hopefully I can get a bunch done. I think I'll work on packing up the living room after the kids are in bed tonight. That's the room that's furthest from their bedrooms, so my noise won't wake them.

One of my friends suggested that I give myself a packing party and have a bunch of my really good friends come over and pack for a few hours. If it was just packing, that would be a great idea, but it's the whole sorting thing that makes it hard - some to pack, some for garage sale, some for Goodwill, some for trash. I have this horror that we would start unpacking at the new house and find that all we had was the boxes meant for Goodwill!!

Snowdogs
07-19-2007, 05:31 PM
AHH how did you post that thumbnail??? I was trying to do that in the fat vs muscle thread....

whatazoo
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi all,
Went to the COD this morning. Up 1.2 from YESTERDAY! And I maintained yesterday from Monday. I did have a potluck here at work on Tues, but I didn't really eat off plan (ok, one bite of potato salad and 1 bite of beans, but that was it - the rest was on plan). It's been so hot here, that maybe I'm retaining water, but I am drinking alot. Anyway, I told them one more week, then I want back on the Gold. I was losing about 3 pounds a week on Purple, then Gold. Now I weigh more then when I started this #2 plan! UGH Just needed to get that off my chest.

mizzt
07-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone....
Congrats everyone who lost.... I did the unthinkable today and fell off the wagon....BIGTIME...we went away for the day and when we went to a restaurant i ended up ordering a HUGE steak /salad and ate the whole thing....OMG...I wish i didnt do it but at the time it tasted soo good..i probably had double the portion i was suppose to.....does anyone think it would help if i just had a slimfast for lunch and dinner tomorrow with salads or will that mess with my matobolism?

Shamefully signing out
MIZZT

MTdebster921
07-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Howdy guys-
Not much time for personals right now. Got a beading class to teach in about 45 minutes.

Stephanie is right, it is hot as Hades here. The temp guage in the truck said 106 on the way home a few minutes ago. Just went and bought a window air conditioner for the bedroom so at least we can get some sleep tonight. DH said if it was as bad tonight as it was last night, we were going to go get a hotel room.

Stephanie- I am sure it is water retention due to the heat. My wedding ring that was spinning around my finger yesterday is nice and snug today and I have been POP and chugging water like crazy. Do you guys have air conditioning?

Snowdogs- if you have a pic online you can click on the little yellow square mountain pic where you type in your reply. To do the attachment, in advance mode, go down below the box to type your reply and click on manage attachments and follow the instructions.

Felicia- I hope you get your packing done soon. I hate moving! In the first 10 years of marriage, we moved 8 times. Growing up I lived in the same house from 3 to 18 and my parents still live there. I made DH promise to live in this house for 5 years. We have been here 7 and I don't think we are going anywhere, but I guess if I had a beautiful new house like that waiting for me, I could probably do it.

Amy- Great job on the loss.

Sherry- I am sure you did great on your boards. WTG on that 5 lbs.

Today I was down .6 from Monday. First time I have been in to the COD twice in one week in months, they almost fell over.

Gotta go, stay cool!!

MTdebster921
07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
MizzT- I don't think I would do 2 slimfasts. How about just one and then the rest of the foods for the day be light choices. Don't kick yourself too hard. Pick yourself up and move on.

dolphn545
07-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Congrats to all the WL Losers today!! :cheer: :carrot:

I went to eat, but I behaved. had chicken w/no roll, tomato, mushrooms, cheese. Had onion rings, but I'm counting them as V, S and Fa.

I'm feeling pretty stuffed now, and if I get hungry later, I can have fruit and anoter veggie.

angelae39
07-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I am new both to this site and to LAWL I have been on plan since Sunday. I read through some of the postings here and I think the support system you all have in place is incredible. I hope that I can be a prt of it and have half the success of you all!

mizzt
07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
K Thanks For The Tip Deb..and I Will Behave I Was Planning On Doing To Today But Family Came And We All Went To Dinner In Another Town....god I Feel Awful For Caving...im Gonna Do Take Off On Sat And Start Fresh Monday..

Mizzt

MomOfThreeTeens
07-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Good evening everybody! I tell ya, TOM is about to drive me nuts. I had the desire to munch all freakin day so I decided to check the calendar and YEP, time for freakin aunt flo to visit! LOL SOOOO since I got unlimited veggies added this week its been a life saver!!! Just wish me luck making it through the weekend without gaining weight because I'm really looking forward to getting my extra dairy added next week!!!

They measured me yesterday, 36 inches total. 10 3/4 off my waist and 12 1/2off my hips!

bayoubelle68
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome Angela! You'll find all the support you need on this thread!!

Joni135
07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Kim - I meant to comment on your "big shorts" picture....girl, you are just "waistin" away.....hahaha

Felicia - You probably are making more progress on the packing that you think you are, and you are definitely doing it right by not packing and moving stuff you won't use. When DH moved in with me he brought a wall full of unopened boxes of "stuff" and the "stuff" still sits unopened in the basement...he thinks it's all important. Just like all his 20 year old college textbooks (mostly computer stuff) is also still worth saving. Whatever!

Angela - welcome to the club! Chime in and chat away.....

Deb - so, are you trying to tell us there may be something to the heat and your two losses in a row? When my AC broke last month, all I wanted to do was drink ice water. Food was not appealing...oh, sugar free popsicles were also good. I was too busy thinking about how hot and miserable I was than to think about food....I think there is a valuable lesson to learn here. Keep your mind occupied on something else and you won't think about food.

Barb - cute picture of your daughter.....
I know I should be happy with a pound, but I feel like I've been in this general weight area for about two months...I wanna see the 150s again. I want big shorts like Kim!!

Night everyone............

lizababe
07-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Hiya Gals and Guy!

It's been a busy day tomorrow is Friday but doesn't mean much to me since I still have to work the weekend! Hey Joni - the answer to my prayers still isn't quite there. Without getting into detail, I'm trying to avoid going to civil court.
Will you send some good juju my way?

I'm still POP on the "Boost" but I tell ya, it's really hard to eat when I'm stressed out and busy. I'm making myself though and have simple things that don't require any preparation like sliced meat from the deli - I just roll a slice up and there's my protein. I bought some ready veggie packs with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, carrots and radishes and there's my veggies. I've got my lite bars, yogurt and cottage cheese plus various fruits that all just get thrown into my bag. The two things I have to remind myself to get in are the starches and the fat. Tonight I feel like I could take all of the starch in liquid form but I'll be a good girl and eat a whole grain tortilla with a little butter and get them both over with. After the bike ride of course! I've got my WI tomorrow and I'm determined to be PAST that 10 lb mark!

Oh wow, I just saw Tammy Faye Bakker-Messner on tv.. Poor little thing is dying of cancer and weighs 65 lbs. Well, that's putting things in perspective for me. Stress or no, I still have my health and ability to enjoy life. Suddenly, it seems so petty to be wrapped up in all of this stress.

Have a great night all and good luck getting through your heat waves (It's overcast and in the 60's at the beach)

MTdebster921
07-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Joni- The heat has definitely made me not want to eat today. Iced coffee for breakfast, 1/2 a turkey sandwich at arby's, jetstart, slimfast, my lite bars and I just at some frozen blueberries with frozen cool whip. Hmmm, it's 9:00 and I think I am a little short on food.

MizzT- You don't need to use TO as a means to fix one slip up. IMO I would save TO for a stall or a plateau or as an aid to help with major starch cravings. Most times just staying POP and eating a little lighter for a few days will do you just as much good as doing TO. For many people, the more they do TO the less effective it becomes. Just my .02.

Angela- Welcome

Barb- You have a beautiful daughter.

Kim2- Very impressive stats, you hawt thing you. Are those the same shorts you are wearing in your avatar pic?

Where are the Wendy's and Kim??

Nicole- How is tonsil boy healing up?

Katie- You doing ok?

Katy66
07-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Good morning! What an evening yesterday. You name it, it went wrong at work yesterday. We are budgeting for next year and had to go back and cut the HR budget; had to respond to a complaint to DOL; and someone complained about my recruitment staff's response time. So I ended up staying late, raced to daycare for DD just before the 6pm you pay extra time, made it home and had planned the ck casserole from LAWL for dinner. Needless to say dinner was a little later yesterday ( we like to eat by 7pm for DD's sake....also gives me time to get more food in if I've missed something during the day) Today has to be better! I did manage to say on plan though even with the liquid fruit

Next week is a biggy for me. My neice and her DH are having their baby on Monday. Their DD is 2 yrs old. I'll be at the hospital with them most of the day. Then we have a camping trip planned next week, Wed PM through Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. Days it will be be just me and DD (Dh is working days and then driving up in the evening) so lots of walking and swimming. Only problem is all those things you like to cook while your camping....burgers, popcorn, marshmellows, the list could go on forever. My plan is to sit down tonight and come up with a menu so I've got the right things with me.

Gotta run, have a great day. I'll check in after WI.....wish me luck!

bayoubelle68
07-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Headed to WI this morning. I weighed at home this morning and it says I'm down, but we'll see. The COD scale usually weighs me the same with clothes at my home scale (a doctor's scale) weighs me without. DH and I think that they set it that way to compensate for the weight of clothing. So that means if I go in there today and strip to my skivvies, I'll weigh a LOT less! - but no one will see my weightloss because it will scare the dickens out of everyone and they will all out in the street!!

DD is finished with her mid-morning swim lessons. I've been taking her to daycare at 7:30, taking DS to his day camp at 8:00, driving back home and packing until 9:30 when I went to get her for her lesson, changing her and dropping her off, coming back home for 30 minutes, going back to get her, changing her, and taking her back to dayare! I simply cannot get anything done when the kids are here!! Well, today, I have no excuses. I will drop her off at 7:30, drop him off at 8:00 and come home and pack until 1:30 when I go get the both. The only interruption will be at 10:00 when I have to meet DH at the bank to sign some MORE papers for the house/loan. Whew!

dmrviper
07-20-2007, 09:27 AM
I just started LAWL last week. I lost 2 pounds during TO, but then when I started eating on the Gold plan with lites, I was petrified that I would gain weight. With all the water and all the food, I felt like I was eating all the time! Me and my DD are doing this together. I told her, "There is no way that people can loose weight eathing this much food. If I gain, I quit!" This is more food than I've ever eaten on a daily basis. Usually no breakfast, no snacking, and just lunch and dinner and never lost weight, I actually put it on over the last 5 years after turning 30. Well, I did my first WI this morning after the initial TO, and I have lost 1 pound this week! I was sooooooooo excited! I know it's only 1 pound, but you put that together with the other 2 pounds from TO, and I've officially lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks! I AM PROUD TO BE A LOOSER! WOOHOO! I'm eating all the time, but eating right! Who knew you could actually loose weight by......EATING?

Snowdogs
07-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Morning everyone ! The weekend here should be great, sunny and warm/hot. Not looking forward to the heat sticking around thru next week though (mid 90's)

Deb- they had Billings on the news last night here because of your 100 degree temps. Yuk.

Liza - I hope you get over your 10 lb mark today - good luck.

---can't remember personals ......

Well the 2 lbs I gained earlier in the week are gone - but my gosh, if the scale would just drop below 193.8 I'd be the happiest camper. There it sits again this morning -
Not getting depressed or mad about it though - I know it will happen, I just need to be patient :-)

Have a good weekend everyone !

Snowdogs
07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh I forgot to say -
I bought my self 2 new pairs of pants online yesterday - size 14. I can wear that size now but they're a little more snug and I like loose fitting around the waist. I can't wait !!! My motivation.

And even though the scale isn't moving past where it is right now - my jeans are fitting better and I have moved down a notch on my belt ! Another NSV.

I need to seriously quit taking soo much stock in what that dang thing says :-)

bizlawchik
07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Good morning all! It's hot as anything here today. I'm in the office for about another 1 1/2hrs and then it's off to the dentist. I've had one cavity my entire life and I got a crown put on it about 6 months ago. It's acting up, darn it, so I don't know if I'll be back to the office or not. And for once I'm actually into my project. Tomorrow I work and then Sunday we are going to the Miami Seaquarium where DH is going to "swim with the dolphins". We won it from our Parrothead club's annual fundraiser. Then back to school on Monday and the last epidural shot. Busy, busy, busy. Wanted to WI today, but with the dentist, that doesn't look like it will happen. I'm on day 6 of the 21 day Boost and the scale is inching - and by inching I mean .2 here and there - down. But at least it's going in the right direction. All the tasting at school makes things difficult, but I'm getting the hang of it.

OK... sorry no time for personals this morning. Gotta run.

emmysmom
07-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Barb - You're daughter is beautiful!

Liza - I saw Tammy Faye last night, too. What a shame. You're right though...we need to be grateful for what we do have.

Delisa - That's one of the hardest thing to change on this plan...our thinking that we need to not eat to lose weight. When in reality, not eating causes our metabolism to slow down and our bodies store everything we put in them because it thinks that we're starving! So our bodies put some fat in reserve and then we don't lose. But really, we need to eat to lose...which is more fun anyway:) And welcome to you and your DD!! :wave:

Repo girl
07-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Morning everyone! I am going to steal some time to do a proper post for once!

Delisa- Welcome! Crazy huh, losing by eating. You will also find that if you do not get all of your food on your plan in, you will not lose as well. Funny how we were all raised with such twisted ideas on weight loss.

Felicia- You are making me tired, girl! What if you pre sorted some rooms so that who ever packs that room only has goodwill boxes or keep boxes? Then you could call in the troops and get some help!

Katy- Camping food is hard. Tubs of precut melons work well for me, as do snow peas and baby carrots. I also like to make tin foil dinners with veggies and salmon or turkey burgers. Those little bisquits in a can make nice bisquits and gravy with turkey sausage. Also, make a nice little steak or chicken breast on the grill with a baked potato wrapped in foil and thrown in the fire. Have fun!

Deb- I'm good, just really busy this week at work. My assistant is out, so I am working some crazy hours. Hope your house cooled down and you got some sleep. We are having record heat here, as well.

Liza- Overcast and 60 at the beach? I'll be right over! GL at WI!!!

Joni- I know what you mean about seeing the same weight area for too darn long. It is time for a decade change for both of us!

Angela- Welcome!

Kim- Wow, that is a lot of inches!

So, great NSV for me yesterday. A friend of mine dropped her baby off at daycare yesterday for the day. The last time I saw her I was close to my highest weight. She had a fit! She went on and on about how great I look, how skinny, cute, etc. I was feeling so good about it. When she came back to get the baby she said, "You know, I was thinking that I wanted to tell you what a beautiful face you have. Your bone structure and shape is so pretty." How sweet is that? Then she asked me about LAWL, so I gave her a basic run down. She needs to lose about 50 lbs. Anyhow, I have been on cloud 9 about that encounter. Then one of my other moms told me that if I keep losing weight and looking so great, my DH will not be able to let me out of his sight. So nice.

Have a great, POP day everyone! We will do this!!!

Repo girl
07-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Cassie- How fun for your DH!

Hi Tina!!!

smjezzy
07-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Katie - what a great NSV. Congrats!

emmysmom
07-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi Katie :wave: That's such an awesome NSV...stay on that cloud - you deserve it!

bizlawchik
07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Katie - How great is that? You've worked hard for each compliment!

Tina - So how did DD's field trip go yesterday? DS is 3 1/2 and I think I would be the same way if his daycare went somewhere. They usually bring things to them at this age. But I'm sure she absolutely loved the water park.

slim n trim
07-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Good morning everybody.

Just popping in quick to say hello. I have been offline for a few days. We are painting my den, where the computer is - so all my computer stuff, desks and all have been piled in the living room for a couple days. Just getting it put back together now.

Anyway, I don't have time to read all the posts, will catch up on that a little later, today is a crazy busy day, and tomorrow we are going upto the mountains with a bunch of friends, I need to make a cheesecake for a dessert for that, and then Sunday bday party for the gkids.

Hope your all a bunch of "losers" this week!

Hello hello hello to everyone .....

Everyone have a great weekend, and if I get a chance I will check back in later.

Katy66
07-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Katie - thanks for the advice on camping foods and WOW what nice compliments. Really makes you proud of all the work you've done to get there!

bayoubelle68
07-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Woo hoo! Just got back from WI and I lost 2 pounds - that 3.6 for the week and 25 total!!

On the yuck side, DH was there at the same time and he told his counselor that he needed a new journal. She told him that starting Monday, we'll be getting the new plan. Poot! I'm a little scared since we've done so well on the "old" plan.

KrispieD
07-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah for Katie on the compliments and WOOHOO to Felicia for hitting 25lbs!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

emmysmom
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
25 total, Felicia...outstanding!!! :carrot:

Cassie - DD's field trip was great...she had a really good time and was so excited to tell me all about it when I picked her up. So here's the funny part...she's tellling me about this kid getting a new bathing suit and she had carrots and a samwich (her version of sandwich), and the bus was so much fun, and they didn't have rides there, only water, etc, etc.... So I say to her, "Emmy, mommy has a secret to tell you. I really wanted to see you get on the bus, so..." and she says, "I saw you, mommy"...I said "Where"...she says, "over there in the van"...BUSTED!!!! I asked her if her teacher saw me and she said "No, I was just looking out the window and I saw you"...she said it made her happy, though. :)

Lady2Umr
07-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon all!!!

Just recently joined the LAWL community and i am pretty psyched to be on this life changing course....and i am especially happy that while researching LAWL on the web i came accross this website.

To me, after reading so many of the posts, it seems that the 3FC community are very active participants in the weightloss system. thanks for putting such an amazing venue online to share stories, stay connected, learn, share frustations, applaud success, etc.

I am on my way......

healthy2b
07-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Good Morning Everyone.....home from the hospital and the surgery went well. Thanks for all the well wishes.....there is only one weird side effect lingering....after waking up from general anesthia, I can't see close up....I have never had glasses or contacts and always had 20/20 vision, but I can't read, everything is very blurry. DR. is thinking it is from the patch that they put behind my ear for nausia so we're hoping it gets better. So if there are mispelled words here, please excuse because I really can't tell what I am typing. Some words I can make out but not all. It seems to be getting a little better because last night I couldn't see any of the letters on the keyboard and today I can at least see blurry letters.
I'll try to catch up on personals later. Bye for know.

bizlawchik
07-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Tina - That's too funny! Glad she had a good time. And obviously you're going to have to be a good hide-er (lol) when it comes to X-mas if she's that good.

Katy66
07-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Welcome back Carrie! Glad you are feeling better. Hope the eyesight situation corrects itself soon.

Way to go Felicia, that is an awesome loss!

Just got back from WI myself and was only down a lb. Not sure what happened because I stayed on plan pretty much all week except for last weekend. Maybe water retention though, I've skipped my lemon water a couple of days. I must admit though with seeing the gains some have had on the new plans I was glad not to be going in that direction.

I think I'm going to do TO the 30th and 31st.

hollyak24
07-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello all,
I think I am finally "getting it". I no longer feel deprived when my family eats my old favorites and I don't. Last night, they ate McD's fries, one of my old addictions, really. I ate two of them and they were not what I remembered. Alas, my love affair with the fries is over. They are now just a fond memory:)
Oh and my weight is down. I know I'm not participating much on the board now, but I am reading and learning. You chicks and Dan (Dan, does that make you our Rooster?) are amazing. This support is really pulling me through.

KrispieD
07-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Glad to hear you are okay Carrie

Kimphin, Wendys and Nicole.. of you don't post soon I'm going to hire Liza in her chopper to hunt you down!

BarbaraB
07-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Carrie, Glad the surgery went well. I'm sure the vision will snap back in a few days. Well at least for now. My vision was pretty much 20/20 at 44, now at 46 I need reading glasses to see close up. Actually I wear one contact to correct the near vision and that works really well, since my further vision is still perfect.

Joni, perhaps you are due for a multiple pound drop here soon. I hope the scale demons relent and allow that to happen. I sometimes think my scale is possessed by something evil.

Today is rainy and cool here, which is really a nice break. It might get up to 70. The lawn is green again after a few days of cooler weather.

I wasn't as good at eating super light yesterday after the TO as I had hoped to be. My office brought in pasta for lunch and free super delicious pasta will always be a stumbling block for me. Why do I think because it is free that I should eat lots of it?

All you other chickies, hope you are enjoying Friday!

bayoubelle68
07-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Barbara - I'm a pasta pig, too. So far, I haven't had any in front of me and have avoided it like the plague. I miss Johnny Carino's SO much! I know that I will eventually go in there and treat myself, but not this early in the game!

Tina - so sweet about your DH! I did the same thing once when DS had a field trip. He was 3 and his class was going to the library. I took a personal day from work so that I could go, but parents were supposed to meet them at the library. I drove to the church/daycare and parked WAY away so I could be sure he got on the van safely. I even took the zoom lens and took photos for his scrapbook. I'm sure the average person would have thought I was stalking one of the kids!! I even followed them - about four cars back. I know it was crazy, but it was so hard to think about him travelling with anyone but else!!

Dan2112
07-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi gang...

Hope y'all's day is going well...

We had our bankruptcy hearing this morning down at the federal courthouse. There were probably two dozen clients there, as well as a rep. from the AG's office. The Franchise owner actually had the cajones to show up, but didn't say much. Her lawyer explained that all our personal files were still at our respective COD's and the computers have been secured. The AG's office is going to work with the lawyer to get the files released to us pending their investigation into fraud.

It's basically a no-asset case, which means we aren't going to get any money back through refunds, but since there are currently a couple of similar cases going on around the country, the AG's office is hopeful we'll see something..

I won't bore you with the details, but I did talk to a couple of people and told them about the support they could get on this site, so hopefully they'll check it out.

One of the clients there was an old schoolmate of mine from college, which was pretty cool.

Anyway, that's about it.. I didn't really expect too much, but the AG's rep. was really helpful and talked with us as a group for about a half hour after the hearing.

We'll see how it goes...

Have a great weekend and be one with your pop!!

bayoubelle68
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Katie - congrats on your AWESOME NSV!!! I can't wait until I've lost enough that people start to notice. I'm confident that I will be down another 10 pounds by the time I start school on the 8th. It would be great to hear some compliments from the people I haven't seen since we got out for the summer! But if it's not noticable by then, that's okay. It will be eventually!!

slim n trim
07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Carrie - glad to hear that you are doing well, and I am sure the vision will improve very soon. Were they able to do the surgery laser?

Barbara - how long did it take for you to get used to wearing one contact and having the mono vision thing? I have given that a try. I wear contacts for distance - when I golf or curl, otherwise I wear my glasses, but don't need them for close up stuff at all. I tried the mono visiion but I couldn't get my brain to kick into gear with that one. I always felt a little off kilter and the eye that did not have the contact was always watering - dr told me it was just trying to catch up. I really wish I could make it work and have considered giving it another try.

BarbaraB
07-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Karen, I didn't have a problem adjusting, well except for putting the contact in and taking it out. LOL, still getting used to that, but it has only been like a month since I got the contact. Somehow my brain just manages to use the eye that has the best vision at that distance, but if I close one eye I really notice that I can't see well either near or far depending on which eye I close. I have heard that some people have one eye that is very dominate and the one contact thing does not work so well for them.

shshshhh
07-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Karen
I wore mono vision contacts for a year before they would perform the mono vision lasix surgery on me and the adjustment was instantaneous. From what my eye doctor told me, your body either adjusts to it or it can't, it is not a matter of getting used to it.

Not sure if that helped or not.

Roberta

shshshhh
07-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Barbara

I am in the Portland area too. Moved here from the east coast 2 years ago and I am in love with the northwest. Just wanted to say "hi".

Roberta

slim n trim
07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
that does help. Thanks

I had considered having the laser surgery, but thought that I would still have the good close up vision I have. I only wear my glasses when I leave the house, drive, golf etc. Then I wear them on my head while shopping as all of a sudden it seems I can't read with them on anymore.

So, when they told me I would need reading glasses if I had the surgery done, I scrapped the idea. I would be wearing glasses more than I do now. Sometimes I go a couple days not wearing them, and if I had to drive without them, I can.

Thanks again,

galachick
07-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi Gals and Dan,

I am trying to catch up from not checking this forum for two days. (Bare with me, I am 10 pages behind in reading the posts) I had WI today. It was my first measurements since starting. I have lost 3.75 inches total but was up .6 lbs. It could have had something to do with the brownie I could not pass up yesterday at a Board Meeting luncheon for the Domestic Violence Center here. But I did take Katie's advice and I was POP today. I leave Sunday for Myrtle Beach for a week. DS and I are going with by best friend, Lynne (another single mom), and her daughter. Lynne is a healthy eater so I am hoping that will help me make it through the week without adding too much to the scales. I will have internet access and I'll be checking the posts. There is a Krispy Kreme store one block from the condo. I have never gone before without buying a dozen two or three times during the week...So I may be requesting some serious prayer!!!!!!!!!!!

Personal Catch-ups:

Gretchen: Hang in there. You have taken the first step by learning what situation(s) cause the overeating. It sounds like there is a lot of emotional turmoil with dealing with you son. Since you know this, having a game plan or war plan, when necessary. What feeling are you seeking when you overeat from the emotional stress of you son? Could you get that from something else? Prayer and meditation? Talking with a Friend? Writing your thoughts in a journal? What might work for you? Please remember, you are certainly not alone. We all have our hang-ups.

Liza: WTG with the loss. AMEN on the school lunches....and breakfast! I avoid the lunchroom at all cost especially the mornings they have gravy biscuits!!! What's up with the government providing those "nutritious" meals? Yet those same kids are trying for the Presidential Fitness Award!
BTW, do stress about your shorts being inside out...at least you didn't do what I did a couple of years ago...bought a new pair of jeans, took the tags off and wore them to my graduate class.......with the big 18W sticker still attached to my butt!

Joni: Congrats on your loss!
Renee - Good luck; I can tell you they are few and far between in Georgia!!
You're not kidding! And they are particularly scarce in the small town I live in. To add to the trouble, I work in an elementary school and the only men I meet are parents of my students... dating them would not be a good idea...being the school counselor, I have to work with BOTH parents...that would be too awkward! To make matters even worse, my ex remarried and has two step-sons at my school. He also works right next door at the fire station. Again being in a small town and your ex working in public service most folk know him, too. You see, my ex and I dated here in high school so we went to school with many of the folks around where I live and work... did I mention this was a small town??? I think I just realized the problem. I need to move!!! ;)

Marleymom: :carrot:Congrats on the loss:carrot: I work in a school too and I was hoping having a structured day again would help me. Either way, we will MAKE it work for us however we have to.

Pearl: :hug:Thanks for your words of wisdom for Gretchen. I needed the pep talk, too! I think I will print a few of your comments and questions and post them throughout my house! Like...."I'm worth it!" Oh my gosh! I just saw the updated picture! You look fabulous, darling!

Shannon: I am right with you. I can't seem to get all my foods in. At WI today my counselor said she thinks that (aside from the brownie) not getting all my foods in is what is slowing the loss. She said I need a certain amount of calories to lose just like it takes a certain amount to gain or maintain. I have the most trouble with the veggies. I am suppose to have 4 servings per day. I do good to get 2-3. Also, I think the "Pearls" of inspiration thread is a great idea!

Dan: Great job avoiding the cookies! I love the chocolate and peanut butter ones, too. I dread Feb. 2008... I have lots of little girl scouts come to my office at school and ask if I want to buy some cookies. I think I just put a note on my door this year saying something like "Please do not offer to sell Girl Scout cookies to Ms. Strickland as she will turn into a MONSTER! :devil:" or something to that effect!

That is too funny about your boss. At our retreat last weekend, my principal, assistant principal, and secretary all said they wanted to start eating what I was eating so we are making plans for who brings what when school starts!

Debster: Knock'em dead in your LITTLE short dress!

Kim: You brag-away, girl! You certainly deserve to. I wouldn't call it bragging anyway. You are simply sharing your accomplishments! And it is encouragement to us!

Stephanie: Welcome, you are going to love these folks! They are the best support you will find in this universe!

Got to go for now. I need to do a little packing. I'll try to catch-up with more personals later! How do ya'll keep up!!!:tantrum:

galachick
07-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Carrie -
Glad the surgery is over and you are recovering well!

equinetcan
07-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone,

Happy Friday!!! I am still here. Reading everyday but just barely. Basically been working and coming home in time to go to sleep and do it all again the next day. As a matter of fact I am turning this machine off after this post and going to bed again. But tomorrow is mine. I have to get a few groceries but other than that just relax.

Hi to all the newbies!!!

Chancey had her follow-up vet appt on tuesday evening and it went well. The vet said she is healing well and hopefully the open wound on her belly will start to close more over the next couple of weeks. But she is on a diet. So mom and furkid are in this together I guess ;).

This week coming is finally our last week in training and we go live with our new client on July 29. I can't wait as I am really getting tired of training. Certain people in a small room together for over 6 weeks - you get on each other's nerves to say the least!!

Well, considering I am about to fall asleep here on the laptop, I will say goodnight for now and check back in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

steph618
07-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone!
I went to weigh in this morning and get my plan. I lost 2.6 pounds!!!! I was so excited!!
I got the 4 week express plan. It is plan #2. I don't have the book with me but I think its 2 1/2 proteins, 2 fruits, 3 veggies, 3 starches, 2 dairy, and 2 fat. Anyone else on that plan? I'm kind of worried about the limited choices during these 4 weeks--no red meat, no potatoes, no pasta, no eating out. But, I'll learn to live with it and she reassured me that there is alot more stuff added after these 4 weeks.