Support Groups - That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 7/16-22

queenjane
07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow! This thread really has some great losers! Let's try to keep each other on track this week...

Please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits?

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week?

2Bthinagain
07-16-2007, 08:23 AM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I'm not going to weigh again until my birthday on July 27
How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):Not very well. I worked out but I ate things I should not have. And did not drink nearly as much water.
What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):My new class starts on Tue/Thu and it lasts for 7 weeks, I'm still working toward finding my workout routine.
If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? Gosh that is a hard one. I guess I would say to stay focused, that it might feel like an impossible challenge but I would tell myself "you can do it".
And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week?LOL, I can't share my before....until I do get a progress! Maybe by the end of summer I'll be up for it! Great idea, and what inspiration!!!

queenjane
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 206.5!!!!!!! I lost 3.5 pounds last week!!!!!!!! (And it's that TOM, too)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did 7/7 days with no eating past 9PM -- a perfect score. I was really firing on all cylinders last week!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): I'm going to keep the same goal because I don't think I can make the habit stick with just one week's practice.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? I would tell myself to be patient -- I didn't gain this all overnight, and it's not going to go away that fast, either.

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week? I can share a before pic, but I'm afraid the lens doesn't show much progress -- yet. Although people around me are starting to notice that I'm losing weight.

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/queenjane/files/2007/07/car-show-before.jpg

katallan
07-16-2007, 11:04 AM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 187 - I lost 4 pounds last week! :carrot:

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):I did manage to lose more weight than my goal and I am beginning to lose inches, or should I say partial inches, in my waist and chest :(

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): I want to get my exercise routine down pat and on schedule! such as cardio ___ number of days and weight training.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? Now this is a hard one since I am my own worst enemy! I guess I would have to tell myself that I am worth the effort of this new lifestyle and that I am going to feel great when I am able to walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breathe!

Hope everyone has a great day!

katallan
07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
I keep forgetting to change my ticker!!!!

hotmama2three
07-16-2007, 03:30 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): (edit 217.5 07/17/07) 219, I'm up two dammit, LOL! But, I'm not changing my tick-ticker until it's been a week that way. I usually do the same when it's reversed. =)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did it, technically, but I don't feel great about it -- I'm getting bored w/the cardio machines, Uh-oh. My goal was to exercise 5 out of seven days.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Since I'm getting bored with the gym routine, my goal is to go to the gym just 3x this week and add in two evening walks.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? I would tell myself that I have made great progress and to keep on, it'll happen.

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week? Yes, so long as I'm able to upload them. If you click on my profile there is a current picture of me, but the file was too big to upload as my avatar.

hotmama2three
07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Nice to see you Queen Jane, that is a great photo, the colors are perfect and how cute is your lil guy!!

I tried to upload a couple of me, but they all apparently need to be resized -- not my strongsuit. I'll have to try again when I'm feeling patient. TFS!!

P.S. High five on having a great week, that is wonderful. May a little of your stick-to-it-ness rub off on us! :goodvibes

2Bthinagain
07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Queen Jane - WOO HOO on the 3 LBS! :carrot:
I have never been able to use the dancing carrot for myself, but am pleased to insert one on your behalf! You look great! I would never have guessed your weight from that photo. You really do look great.
Katallan -- Another dancing carrot going out to you!!! :carrot:
FOUR POUNDS! You go girl!
HotMama- Don't worry about being up a little, we all know that is part of it.
But all of us are in this for the long haul and there will be dancing carrots all over the place for all of us!!!!!!;)

Just curious to everyone - it is 9pm, (EST) what did YOU eat today?

queenjane
07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Thank you hotmama and 2Bthin for saying such nice things about me and my little guy.

What did I eat today? well...

oatmeal for breakfast
yogurt for morning snack
sushi rice salad and a banana for lunch
luna bar this afternoon
quasi-quesadillas (chicken/cheese/corn tortillas/salsa) for dinner and watermelon for dessert
trader joe's multigrain 100-calorie pack crackers for evening snack (before 9PM!

1643 calories, 18% fat, 62% carbs, 20% protein, 25g fiber (a little low).

Ethereal
07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
What's your weigh-in: 205.6 - down a few from the past couple of weeks. :carrot:

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did it, and I can't wait to do more! My goal was downward movement on the scale + a new focus on weight training. I hobbled around in pain a lot this week. :lol:

What's your goal this week: I'm going to say the same as last week, after queenjane's idea. This needs to be a habit!

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? I would say that not only will I be happier day to day when I shed some pounds, but if I can inspire just one friend or family member, it will have been even more worthwhile.

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week? Sure! I haven't lost enough to do any "after" piccies, but here's one of the recent "before" pics I have on my computer:

http://www.chronalis.com/images/lethe/boholly2.jpg

:(

hotmama2three
07-17-2007, 12:22 AM
What a nice picture Ethereal, you and your bf look real cute together! Did you have to resize your pic to upload it? WTG, on the weightloss as well!

2Bthinagain
07-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Okay the before pics of everyone are great! I think I'll be worried about showing mine! NONE of you look the same as your weight!
Whereas, I do. In fact I look likea line backer. My chest is SO huge, before kids my chest was 36C, after kids I'm in a 40DD, probably the wrong size at that! But I can't stand this gigantic chest!! Nothing looks good on me.
And I have to be near inlaws in a couple of weeks who are going to whisper "My she really let herself go".
First time I met my inlaws (8 yrs ago), I was wearing cute bell-bottom low rise designer jeans, my flat belly showed, and I was wearing a tight white Gap tshirt, Vneck where my nice 36Cs showed! I had a FIGURE.
I know since I've had the kids they are all talking about me behind my back.
ANYWAY -- I love seeing everyones BEFORE PICS.
Sorry I havent' shared one yet!

queenjane
07-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Ethereal -- you & your bf look like a cute couple!

2B -- I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your "huge chest" comment about 40DD -- before my DS, I was a 38DD. After DS, I'm exploring realms of the bra cup alphabet that I never knew existed -- there are sizes beyond DD, and I'm wearing one! :lol: I'd kill for 40DD!

katallan
07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
A major NSV for me! Last night after supper ( a small steak, fresh corn and salad) my DH decided he had to have a blast from Sonic. I told him I didn't want one and I wasn't going back to town. Well he went anyway and what did he come back with? TWO cookie dough blasts! Large ones!

I said I told you I didn't want anything! Well then he acted all hurt and said something like " I was just trying to be nice and I bought the kind I knew you would like. Aren't you going to eat it?" ( not the exact words as I was mad and having a hard time listening!).

Well I said NO! I am not hungry and I don't want it. Even though usually I would have eaten every bite, hungry or not!

My question is does anybody else have problems with the family trying to sabotoge your diet efforts?

By the way, I love everybodies pictures! When ( or if) I get my computer back I will post one of mine!

hotmama2three
07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Katallan- it's different in my neck of the woods, but I sympathise as I have very little resistance to temptation. I would have groaned but eaten it straight away. Actually, my husband kinda acts as if he doesn't notice my fluctuations; although, he will tell me if he really likes what I'm wearing or really hates it (he hates brown, I love it). My family on the other hand is ever pestering me to trim down. Even my Mother who is heavy tells me how I should be doing it. My older sis is 5' 8" and size 4/6 -- can you hear me whine??

2B- I hear ya girl!! I was at a 40DDD, now I'm into a 38DDD, I could probably even go to the next bigger cup size if it wasn't so prohibitively, outrageously expensive (for just 1 bra!)!

And the inlaws, ugh! My M-in-law is ever out to get me and puts me down to other people all the time. I actually even caught her doing it once, that was something! I too used to be slender and sexy before kids, although I've always had to work at the slender part, but I was for a long time. Sorry if I've rambled on.

hotmama2three
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I also wanted to say to everyone and myself too:

People will perceive you/treat you as you see yourself in many cases. That's not all there is to it of course, but it definitely contributes. I remember in my early twenties I had gone up in weight for a few months to 175 from my usual 155-58 and I felt huge and fat and embarassed to be seen in public. Note that this is now my GW and I know I still look good at that weight. I was there three years ago and I wasn't skinny by any means but it put me in a 10/12 and I received compliments all the time. I think the difference is how I felt about myself.

We just have to try and 'own' where ever we are at and not feel like there is anything to apologize for. Easier said than done I know. But still. Just a thought.

2Bthinagain
07-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Queen - from your photo I never would have guest your ta-tas were bigger than mine! I seriously walk around looking like I have 2 basketballs glued to my chest. I am probably wearing the wrong size but can't bring myself to try more on!
Katallan- sorry about the sabatoge going on. My husband does not do that because he wants this weight loss as much as I do. Well, let me take that back, last night he brought home some choc chip cookies that a coworker made and he asked if I wanted one, so yeah I guess he does! I said no, and then he tore off a bite and said to try it. So yeah, I guess he does! However, my husband is not happy with my weight and it has caused some very serious problems for us. He wants the weight gone, and he wants it gone yesterday!
Hotmama - wise words, but after living this way for the last 3-5 yrs, I can not "own" this person. I know that sounds childish, but I just can't. I do not recognize my reflection, and it just pains me when I meet new people that they never knew the skinny version of myself. Some of them have said I am probably harder on myself than I need to be, but a few of them have actually said some pretty rude things, like one person blurted out that her vice was alcohol and nobody could tell, then she said "Erins vice is obvious", and I said "what does that mean?" and she said "Well obvious your vice is food" !!!! I was mortified and told her I had 4 pregnancies in 2 yrs, with 2 babies to show for it, and 1 was Csection and that I was hypothyroid, and that I ate 1200 calories a day. I was beyond livid with her.
Now in our new home town....a neighbor sent me an email out of the blue saying I really should do something about my weight!!!!!
So with those 2 experiences I'm thinking a lot of people do have bad thoughts and some keep them to themselves, and others do not.
Whew - long story, sorry!

Ethereal
07-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Wow 2B, that's horrible. No one's ever been that tactless with me (for their good health!) - I'm sorry you have to deal with such nonsense. Some people just don't understand, and without any idea what you're going through can be very unsympathetic. And while your neighbor's concern may be thoughtful, he/she should have spent the time to learn more about your situation before thinking providing the "obvious answer." If they care enough to worry about your health, they should care enough to find out that you're already giving it your all and circumstances haven't been on your side.

Some people! :?:

Hotmama, I did resize the piccy in Photoshop, then uploaded it to a friend's web server to post here. Are you able to attach photos to your posts even before they've been resized? It should just post a small thumbnail in the actual post for people to click on.

katallan
07-18-2007, 09:40 AM
2Bthinagain - I am sorry people are that negative that they have the nerve to send you an email and such about your weight. Some people just aren't happy unless they are making someone else miserable.

As for my DH, he is very insecure and is always worried I will leave ( very bad relationship before we meet) once I lose weight. Yet my weight gain is always problem in our marriage. Kind of a catch 22 if you know what I mean.

I think that once he realizes I am not going anywhere, the sabotages will stop. ( At least I hope so!)

queenjane
07-18-2007, 10:10 AM
2B/Erin: OMG. Don't you wish people had other things to worry about besides our big fat butts? I've had people tell me that I'm fat (usually relatives) -- as though I didn't have ANY self-awareness. My brother even told my mom not to buy certain foods before I come to visit b/c "she'll just eat them!"

We can't do anything about stupid people who say stupid things. The good news is that we CAN do something about our weight -- but it's unlikely those folks are going to be able to change their ugly, meanspirited and rude ways. Let's get small on the outside, and leave the smallmindedness to them!

About your husband...do you think he realized that by bringing you cookies, he was working to undermine your weight loss efforts? You say that "he wants the weight gone, and he wants it gone yesterday" -- but do you think he really understands how hard this is, how long it might take, and that once the weight is gone, you'll have to remain vigilant to maintain? Bringing you cookies is sending mixed signals -- sounds like you might need to have a talk with him to help him learn how to be supportive of your efforts!

On the bra size...some regular stores are now carrying larger sizes and have trained bra-fitters. I used to have to go to a specialty boutique for this, but Macy's has the service in all their stores, now. A good bra can do wonders for how your clothes fit (and how you feel -- both physically and mentally). It sure is hard on your back and neck to lug these jugs around!

:hug:

--K

heath13
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone
I am not gone completely. I am just trying to get through each day. I will explain more when I feel up to it. It is nothing major at all-just having a hard time getting dedicated. You are all doing so great! Even though I am not doing well, I don't want to leave this site because I know that I need it to have success. I will talk with yall soon.
Heather

MistyP
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Hello! I'd love to join in this group if y'all don't mind!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):
As of Monday afternoon I was 248.6 lbs.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):
My goal this week is to do some exercise every day. I have met that goal for Monday and Tuesday.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits?
Whew, I've always kind of avoided questions like this. I would say, "You know you can do this. I know you can do this. I'm here to help. Just let me know what I can do, and I can do it. Do you need me to go exercise with you? Do you need me to get on your case about food?"

I could do both. Never shared them before, but I really need some accountability. *GULP*

-Misty

queenjane
07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Big hugs to you, 2B/Erin. I just sent you a pm.

Welcome, Misty! We'd be happy to have you here on our thread -- let us know how you'd like us to help keep you accountable!

Me, I'm feeling grouchy today. It's that TOM. I've got a house guest coming in to town tonight (basically to crash here while she takes advantage of an annual event in my town, though it'll be nice to see her). Probably facing some eating out and other temptations, as well as difficulty in working out while she's here (through Saturday AM).

--K

hotmama2three
07-18-2007, 05:34 PM
*Welcome MistyP, make yourself at home.*

Some people are truely senseless, ugh!! Life has a way of nipping everyone on the butt sooner or later though, so those rude, nasty people will get theirs for sure. Sometimes if only we could see it.

I appreciate the honesty on this board, I feel as if I've made true friends.I keep a lot to myself in RL (real life) so as not to burden/trouble anyone. It's nice getting to share here. =)

In my relationship with my hubby, I think my weight gain affects me more than it does him. I mean, I'm the one setting limitations on myself because of it. Although, I do have another issue that affects how I feel about my appearance. I have really bad varicose veins, even on my lower legs. I'm a pretty girl and I have nice curves (albeit I'm overweight) so if I wear longish pants and skirts nobody notices. Still, it makes me feel less than others around me. It's another reason i need to lose weight. Being slim will give me better and longer lasting results when i get them surgically removed.

Sorry I digressed from the relationship topic. What I meant to say is I'm the one that doesn't like the 'lights on' and won't wear certain outfits or lingerie until 'presentable'. Sure I think that technically my husband would prefer the leaner version of me, but he still likes this version and would like it way more if I had a more carefree attittude. so in my case, it's more me than him in regards to the bedroom.

2Bthinagain
07-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome Misty!

Ethereal
07-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Welcome, Misty! Glad to have ya aboard.

2Bthinagain
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Okay if you are super sore from a work out, what should you do? Stay home one day, or go back to the gym? My muscles have never been so sore!!! And I have class later today!!! Do I do the routine all over again, or just walk or something light? it was an exercise class I took, sit ups, leg lifts, working on the triceps, that type stuff. My legs are just killing me! My son wanted to play PICNIC last night and I felt like I was 90 sitting down on the floor then up again over and over!

queenjane
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
2B/Erin: I'd take it easy...maybe just walk or work on the part of your body that ISN'T sore. Sounds like you did a LOT yesterday.

Oh, and I found this site called body positive (http://www.bodypositive.com/) that has some great info. It says it's aimed at “exploring taking up occupancy inside your own skin, rather than living above the chin until you're thin. It is a set of ideas that may help you find greater well-being in the body you have.” The developer of the site is a licensed psychologist whose research and psychotherapy focus on women's issues, particularly eating, weight, and sexuality concerns. The site does downplay weight loss/dieting and emphasizes fitness and getting healthy.

2Bthinagain
07-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Queen J - thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I sucked it up and went to my class today Woo Hoo for me, can I give myself a dancing carrot? Why not!?
:carrot:
Might not be for weight loss, but it was something I was proud of doing.
Yep I was the biggest one in the class and yes, pulling my leg up to my chest is darn near impossible, but I went.

I know there have been numerous threads about how to attack belly fat, the dangers of diabetes and other health problems, since mine is 42 and should be smaller than 35, does anyone have any idea on how to attack belly fat? Other than cardio? Should we eat very particular types of food?
How can I be so uneducated for my age ???

katallan
07-19-2007, 03:43 PM
2bthin - the only books I have read that target belly fat are "you on a diet" and the low carb books. Or should I say reduce belly fat first? Any who, I can say that low carb/lowfat has shrunk my stomach almost 2 inches. The only other place I seem to be losing is my hips! Everthing else has stayed the same measurement. ( I wish my thighs would shrink some!)

As for the soreness after a workout, I was told by the trainer at the gym that it was best to work through your soreness but to exercise different muscle groups the next day then go back to your regular workout.

I didn't get to weigh this morning. So I will have to wait till in the morning.

I am going out of town until tuesday, so I hope everyone has a great weekend and look forward to catching up when I get back!

hotmama2three
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow, I hear you on the soreness! Yesterday was leg day for me and my trainer had me do squats galore incuding some with ten pound weights in each hand. My behind and legs are very sore.

2Bthinagain
07-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Katallan - may I ask what diet you are doing? I love seeing sample menus to get ideas.
I'm just such a picky eater though some of the stuff I don't think I could ever try. I need the basics. Guess I'll have to have a very predictible diet during the rest of the year. Giving myself just a few choices for each meal.
But if that's what it takes then I can do it!

Ethereal
07-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Queen J - thanks for the link, I'll check it out. I sucked it up and went to my class today Woo Hoo for me, can I give myself a dancing carrot? Why not!?
:carrot:
Might not be for weight loss, but it was something I was proud of doing.
Yep I was the biggest one in the class and yes, pulling my leg up to my chest is darn near impossible, but I went.
Way to go! My carrot will join yours in a congratulatory dance. :D :carrot:
I know there have been numerous threads about how to attack belly fat, the dangers of diabetes and other health problems, since mine is 42 and should be smaller than 35, does anyone have any idea on how to attack belly fat? Other than cardio? Should we eat very particular types of food?
How can I be so uneducated for my age ???
Unfortunately, all of my research indicates that it's proven impossible to target specific body parts for fat-loss. You can target tone/bulk-up, but fat-loss is the same for everyone, no matter where that fat is deposited. You can do 5 million crunches and have rippling abs of steel, but your waist won't shrink any faster (well, except for the lovely metabolism boost having more muscle gives you!).

As for where you're losing, I hear it's pretty much genetics, and usually the "last thing on" is the "first thing off." In my case, the double chin and back rolls (eww! :p ) were the last on, so I hope to see them go first, whereas I've had monster thunder-thighs since high school and I imagine they'll stay that way until I'm near my goal weight!

I wish it were otherwise. :(

2Bthinagain
07-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Wow thanks for the extra dancing carrot! LOL
I remember someone saying that women gain weight from the bottom up and lose it from the chest down.
I hope it we do lose what was last gained, that would be cool.
With the belly fat I was wondering about the carbs/sugar/flour type stuff, is there some foods that increase your chance for the bigger belly?
I'm having such a hard time with my cardio, I can't last very long at all.
I really wanted to get on the scale this morning but fear it will be higher than my starting weight.....still trying to avoid it until next Friday. ugh.

P.S. , have I mentioned I love this group!!!!:)

queenjane
07-20-2007, 11:00 AM
2B: How are you feeling today? You are a wonderwoman for going to class 2 days in a row! :carrot:

Unfortunately, I agree with Ethereal that everything I've read says that spot reduction is a myth. The tummy will go when everything else goes and according to your body's own plans. :( I wish I could tell you I have seen research that says otherwise!

I had a decent day yesterday (1605, 28/53/20 with 30g fiber), but the scale is not moving this week. It is still TOM, so I'm attributing it to that. Going to mom's for a visit this weekend. In the past, I've thrown the eating plan out the window while I'm there b/c she doesn't have much healthy food in the house and we eat out at lot while I'm there, but this week, we're going to pack some healthy food from home and try to stay close to plan.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

2Bthinagain
07-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Queen. I'm doing okay. Didn't work out, but spent 3 hrs outside with the kids, so I hope that counts for something, and I'm about to run the vacuum. We also went grocery shopping today, which meant walking all over WALMART.
HOWEVER....my brother who lives 4 hrs away called last night to say he's in town on business and wants to come in the morning to visit, he's never been here (to our new house), SO,..DH took that to mean we'd better stock up at the grocery so we have anything we need for my brother.
BROWNIES, premade AND brownie mix, choc chip cookie (tollhouse slice & bake), chips, icecream, etc etc etc.
???????:?:
All I can do is ignore it and remind myself how crappy I feel and how I hate myself when I eat that junk. I just picture the inside of my arteries. I think about breathing easier, and losing this darn belly.
I swear to God this belly was not jiggly when I got pregnant. And I pray I don't look into LIPO and cheat my way to my goal!
However if I do reach my goal, I think I will do a consult for the boob reduction and lift. ;) We'll see, that is a LOOOOONG way from now!
Happy weekend everyone!!!
Queen- enjoy your visit with your mom! :)

sockmonkey70
07-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I was wondering if I can join you guys?

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 199.0 this morning, official weigh in on Sunday morning.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): N/A

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): 1500 calorie average, exercise atleast 5 days, drink lots of yummy water.

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? Think about how much your body will appreciate the changes you are making!

And hey, is anyone up to sharing some before or progress photos next week: I have some up in the minigoal album, not much, but it's a start :D
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117665

Ethereal
07-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Feel free Mary, nice to see you here! You're one of the posters I notice a lot around the forums, I'll be glad to have you in our little group, too.

Great before & after pics - you have such a charming smile~

Keep up the good work! :)

sockmonkey70
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Awww thanks for the compliments :hug:

Thanks for letting me join in! I have some reading to catch up on hehe.

hotmama2three
07-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the group Mary!

Sherin

sonie
07-21-2007, 03:36 AM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):204 which is growing! Uhhggg.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): finding a plan of action.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): No soda of any kind and to drink a river of water. (flush away the bad stuff!)

If you were your own best friend, what would you tell yourself to encourage your new healthy habits? try to focus on feeling stronger, mind and body, not to dwell on the scale- that was kind of poetic :D

sure... goto to figure out how to do it. I just got pictures back of hubby and I from a trip to San Fran.--- I was like, "hey...who are the chubby people?" :dunno:

Start Date: July 18, 2007
The Short Goal: August 31, 2007 (my anniversay): <195
Exercise Goal for July 2007: 30 minutes a day
Weekly Goal for July 16-22: just getting started, so I would say to stay on an eating plan for the next couple days.

hotmama2three
07-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Welcome Sonie, glad you found us. Try not to stress to much about going up, it seems like its very common.

As a matter of fact, my numbers have jumped up too. Hopefully its due to TOM. What's funny though about that is I am usually more hungry and when I'm hungry I can't not eat or else it will be all I can think of until I do. So, maybe the weight increase reflects that, but then it can just settle back down again after.

The important thing I guess is to keep trying.

BTW, really nice photo, thanks for sharing.

2Bthinagain
07-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Welcome Mary!
Sonie - I feel your pain on giving up soda. That is probably my one true love! Hee hee!

Ethereal
07-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Morning ladies, and welcome Sonie! I have a hard time recognizing myself in photos, too. The mirror is so much more kind~

Anyone else wearing their muscle soreness like a badge of honour today? I know I am! I can barely lift my arms away from my sides, my shoulders are burning so much. :D This new workout program I'm doing is really gratifying. I hope it makes more of a difference than just my mood, though!

hotmama2three
07-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Morning Ladies.

Ethereal, I am still very sore from Wed. as well and stiff even though I worked out again on Friday.

After the gym, I returned home and did a bunch of 'spring cleaning'. Gosh how things get so dusty is unreal.

2Bthinagain
07-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Ethereal - yep I'm still sore from my workouts this past week. It does actually make you feel good doesn't it?

Ethereal
07-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Absolutely. :) My BF doesn't understand. He's one of the "all pain is bad pain" types. He won't even let me massage his back 99% of the time because he doesn't like the feeling!

Well, I keep seeing these scary "don't drink too much water" threads on 3FC and they're making me nervous. I drink 120oz of water a day, but have a really high sodium intake. I hope I'm worrying about nothing...

Living healthy is so tricky!

sockmonkey70
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
What are they saying about water? Some days I drink close to 100 oz...Most days I drink about 70 though.

Ethereal
07-22-2007, 04:58 PM
The main idea is that it's easier to get water poisoning than we realize. Some folks have been saying you don't need to drink 3 gallons in 10 minutes to have serious health risks. Another lady on the forums is drinking I think 100oz per day and is experiencing (TMI inc!) repeated loose stools, day after day. Her doctor was cautioning her about water poisoning, and someone else replied about her healthy mother almost dying of water poisoning (flu-like symptoms).

After reading them I decided not to cut back, but to just be very sensitive to any feelings of illness or whatnot. Just makes me really nervous!

Here's the most recent one I've read: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118477

sockmonkey70
07-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Eeeeeek scary! I guess I'll have to be careful. I had also read some research that people are drinking too much water, and it is potentially washing away alot of nutrients as well. I can't remember where I read that though.

queenjane
07-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Follow us to the new thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1786471#post1786471).