Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Is it bad?

I started the C-to-5k a couple weeks ago and was soooo good about running the first week and ok during the second but now I just want to stay inside where it's cool and do my WATP videos.

I tell myself that I'm working more muscles when I do the videos and I can get it done in a set amount of time so I'm fine. Not only that but I don't have to worry about someone being home with my kids while I'm exercising. I have 3 that I use (and 1 more on the way) and they are very fast paced. Is it ok to just stay in and do videos? It's what I'll have to do this winter.

Somedays I feel like a good run and I'll go but I'm not MAKING myself get out there everyday. I LOVE my videos so I pop one in as soon as I get home from work EVERYDAY. As long as I'm doing SOMETHING am I ok?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

HI

My thoughts on this would be yes - if the videos are working for you, keep at them and don't worry about the running - run if you want to, though Doing something is ALWAYS better than doing nothing.

Later on, if you get bored with the videos, you can always go back to running - were you running every day?? The C25K programme is not meant to be run every day - maybe this was a bit too much running? It would be for me!

Just keep doing what works - for YOU. That's the key to losing and living

Hope it helps -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Nothing is "BAD" do what works for you and your family... Moving, doing something is better than nothing... Keep up the great work...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote