LA Weight Loss - 7/15/07 NEW ALLI Thread.....SUPPORT HERE

StillTryin
07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought I would start a new weekly thread as was suggested in the last LONG thread, since we are getting pretty active. I would like to CONGRATULATE EVERYONE FOR LOSING SOME SERIOUS POUNDS!!!!!!!:carrot:

Lets start this thread out right! But dont forget to read what you missed in the last one.

Shandee4007
07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Happy Sunday everyone,

Congratulations to all the losers this week - and Good luck for the coming week to all us "Alli-Cats"

Way To Go Thingirl

Hun.e.B
07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Good Sunday morning Alli-cats and alli-gaters!

Well I had my first overeating episode last night, we got pizza (just too hot to cook) I ordered myself a hawaiian, it was the lowest in fat grams and I went over the recommended 19g...no TEs though! and I got in a little bike ride so all in all I'm not terribly upset with the overdue.

Ready to have a fantastic couple of days though before my first official Alli Weigh in on Tuesday!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, ready to have a successful week!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
07-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Howdy!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend & are ready for another fabulous week!

Thingirl, BIG congrat's to you on your losses! That is just fantastic news!!!!! :dance: I have no doubts that you are going to do wonderfully while away from home, you've had too much great success to blow it!

Stilltryin, thanks for getting us started for the week. I hope you are feeling strong and motivated cause you are definitely worth all this effort!

Melissa, pizza huh? Oh I was craving pizza so bad last night at work, people kept talking about it. I was certain I was gonna come straight home and make dh order me one. LOL But no, I was a good girl and had some yogurt instead. Great job getting that bike ride in!

Well girls, I really hope you all have an awesome day and an even better week! Everyone is doing so great so far, it's been nice to hear how good everyone is starting to feel with their new lifestyles. Keep it up gang, you're all worth it!!!

Phoenix32203
07-15-2007, 03:31 PM
OOOOOOOOH!:mad: I have to vent.
I just checked in at the Alli site, then decided to check the threads there on that HORRIBLE board. Lat time I was there, there was this great group forming, against all odds, even though they had to search for their thread b/c of the ridiculous set up of the board (NO ORGANIZATION!), even though it can take days for posts to show. They were cute and really helping one another. I looked all over, then started finding posts. They were here and there trying to find one another. The moderators there erased their WHOLE THREAD!!!! Imagine, the support you look for each day just GONE one day. How is that the act of a company truly trying to provide a forum where people can get the support and help they need? I am mad. The company and moderators are running those boards so terribly. If there was something "bad", erase a post or two. But EVERYTHING? So much of that site is great, it just bugs me that they haven't listened to all the complaints and done something to improve the message boards.
Ok. Done venting.
The tea is working. I've had two today. They were lined up on my counter, along with the 6 water bottles I will be drinking today (great tip, TG!). What I really like (aside from the facts that they are good for me and taste really good too) is that they seem to be a natural diuretic, so I'm shedding tons of water today FINALLY :)
Also, I got the excercise in to taday. I took my puppy Muffin The Excitable One on a 4 mile walk. She is lying on the floor in a coma now...woo hoo! It was a gorgeous day, and the only thing that is hurting is my feet. However, I may be in a "coma" soon too. :p
Have a great day Alligators!
Julie

Phoenix32203
07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
helllllllOOOOOOOOO.....

Is anyone in here????? (echo echo)

We were quiet for one whole evening. I miss everyone. :(

jcogs
07-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Phoenix.....mind if I ask what kind of tea your drinking? i'm trying to find ANYTHING I can to replace soda....i'm not taking Alli but I read here everyday...it's something i've been considering but i'm not sure how it will work if you're "trying" to follow a low calorie diet...which i'm sure you all do so maybe I can get some insight here....can you tell a difference with taking the Alli as opposed to not? silly question I know!

TxBrittany
07-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post here. I've read through the past Alli posts, and it seems like a lot of people are experiencing success with it. Congratulations! :congrat: I just started the 5-Factor Diet, which is very low in fat, and was wondering if you guys would recommend Alli as a supplement to this diet. I would like to lose about 30 pounds. Let me know what you think! Thanks guys!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-16-2007, 12:56 AM
it was the lowest in fat grams and I went over the recommended 19g...no TEs though!

It could take up to 36 hours to hit, so beware :dizzy:

Hi Alli-cats & Alli-gators

I didn't have the best eating habits today, breakfast was fine but then I went to the movies and had popcorn and a diet coke. Tonight I wasn't hungry at all so I have not had anything, I feel like I might be getting a cold or something, achy and no appetite. :?:

Good luck this week to everyone using the Alli plan :)

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Thingirl, BIG congrat's to you on your losses! That is just fantastic news!!!!!
Thanks so much :hug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-16-2007, 01:02 AM
(aside from the facts that they are good for me and taste really good too) is that they seem to be a natural diuretic, so I'm shedding tons of water today FINALLY

Hi ya Phoenix, what is the brand? I'd like to check it out if I can find it here.

That is awful about the Ali message board, so many people must be disappointed about their thread being deleted. :(

CrazyCanuck
07-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone.. I've just started my alli plan. I totally agree with Phoenix regarding the Alli message boards. They are just awful. So many people are trying to reach out and share the alli journey. I feel blessed to find this group. I really believe this drug will give us that extra incentive to do great. I hope the alli "honeymoon" phase lasts a long long time. Be well everyone Lori

StillTryin
07-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah I had the same luck on thier boards....but at least we are here supporting each other. I am curious about that Tea also, I need to exchange my pop for something else.
I had my weigh in today and I am the same. but I also didint take any Alli for 4 days because I was out and my shipment only comes today!

katallan
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi everybody! Just catching up from the weekend. I still don't have my computer fixed so I am looking some at work and at my sisters. I sent it to the shop, so hopefully I will get it back this week.

Had a great weigh in at the doctors office friday - lost another 4 pounds! And I managed no to blow it over the weekend. Although the desserts and the all you can eat seafood buffet ( read into this fried everything) were tempting! ( my husband insisted on going out to eat! ) I had baked fish off the menu.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hun.e.B
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
jcogs & Texasbrittney.....there are some really great FAQ at this post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115217
beyond that again Alli works in conjunction with a low fat/low calorie meal plan. If you consider 15-19 grams of fat a meal low fat that is. What alli does for me is give me that little bit of extra help to keep me on the right path. I have to think about what I eat because I dont want to have a TE. Thats something that just eating lowfat/lowcal alone doesnt do. Because there are no consequences if I splurge. What would be really nice is, since Alli is so expensive, if they would give a 1 or 2 week free sample of the stuff. Hope that helps a little.

I've heard nothing positive about the Alli forums....thats terrible! I guess they dont realize what they are throwing away by not supporting it more. I wonder if anyone complains about it to the higher ups.

Katallan....way to go on anotehr 4 lbs gone for good!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

I was just plain awful yesterday...got the first signs of bubbles last night though! Is it weird that it got me excited...to me it meant the Alli was kickin in. I'm glad its monday so I can focus and get rolling with this!

~melissa

dcapulet
07-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I was all upset because the last thread is closed... and my Alli just arrived in the mail! So it's day one for me. But everyone else seems to be having great success.... keep up the good work all!

TxBrittany
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm really sorry if this question has been posted in another thread, but I couldn't spot it anywhere. Where can I find the height/weight requirements recommended for Alli? I have been considering using it, but wanted to find that info first!

Thanks for the help!
-Britt

StillTryin
07-16-2007, 04:34 PM
I just got my refill today so I am back on it FULL TIME!!!!

Britt, the height Weight is:
4'10" 129lbs
4'11" 133lbs
5'0" 138lbs
5'1" 143lbs
5'2" 147lbs
5'3" 152lbs
5'4" 157lbs
5'5" 162lbs
5'6" 167lbs
5'7" 172lbs
5'8" 177lbs
5'9" 182lbs
5'10" 188lbs
5'11" 193lbs
6'0" 199lbs
6'1" 204lbs
6'2" 210lbs
6'3" 216lbs
6'4" 221lbs
6'5" 227lbs

This is what the side of my package says, hope this helps!

Brightside
07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi Everyone - I believe you're asking about the Lipton teas...I've bought both: White tea w/raspberry and green tea w/citrus. They are both awesome tasting but they have caffeine (just like regular white or green tea). Hope that helps!

StillTryin
07-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I love both of them, OMG. The diet ones are super, I hope that is what they are talking about.

Phoenix32203
07-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I found this tea at Walmart in a 6 pack of 20 ounce bottles. It has no calories and only 70 mg. of sodium. It is called diet Orient Emporium Diet Co. White Tea. There are several flavors, but my favorite so far is Clementine Orange. I like it because the tea flavor is very faint. It's supposed to be good for you, antioxidants and such. White is supposed to be one of the best for you. I was trying to get tea into my diet. UofM put together their own food pyramid after years of study. It is called the Healing Foods Pyramid, and has all of those super foods you always hear about. It gives suggested serving sizes, etc. So I've been wanting to add dark chocolate (it will be SUCH a sacrifice, but if I must, then I must ;)), tea, wine, etc.) SOOOO, I was excited to find this tea. I couldn't imagine myself with a tea cup morning after morning.
Check it out if you want to:

www.med.umich.edu/umim/clinical/pyramid/index.htm
or search for uofm healing foods pyramid.

Yes, the Alli boards make me thankful for everyone here. Group hug! :grouphug:
Good luck, ALLI-NATORS!!!! (said in my best Ah-nold voice)

bobbigene
07-16-2007, 08:40 PM
The boards on the Alli site are just horrible. I can't find anything - including posts that I've made. They never seem to answer any questions. It just totally sucks! ('Scuse my French.) That's why I stay here. I feel like I've gotten more support from this board than I ever did at WW or any of the other diet groups I've joined.
:hug:
Can't stay long this evening, have stuff to do and need to get to bed early. Need to be up at 4 so I can meet six other people for a three hour drive to San Antonio for a conference. Oh joy, a 6 hour round trip with people I really don't care for, but there wasn't any way around it. I'll check on on Wednesday or Thursday.

StillTryin
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Phoenix, is there somewhere that sells that online? I dont know if my local walmart (well its an hour and a half away) sells it. I will look for it when I get there next time...but that will probably be a few weeks yet....grrrrrr (Times like this I hate living so far away from places)

Phoenix32203
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Hi S.T.--
I tried a few things and was unsuccessful. Try this website: www.orientemporium.com. It's on the bottle, but my computer is so slow (DIAL UP!) that i could not get onto it. Also, it is distributed by Cott Beverages 1-888-260-3776. Hope this helps a little!

Sakai
07-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Yay! a new thread! woot!
I Keep forgeting to take my vitamin at bedtime! I think I've taken it like five times in the past three weeks. >_<
I've been having some TE's meaning I need to start paying attention to what I'm eating again. the TE's are nothing major, just really REALLY painful cramps. that's when I know I need to get to a bathroom soon.
Haven't lost control yet, thank god. but I'm not gonna push it.

katallan
07-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I know what you mean Sakia! I have a hard time remembering that vitamin too! But I have done much better this week.

Bobbigene - I too love this board! Everyone is so supportive of each other and I rarely see any negativity. I really feel I am part of the family here!

Hope everyone has a great day!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I put my vitamin bottle by my toothbrush, so I remember to take it at bedtime when I brush my teeth, otherwise I was forgetting.

debalina
07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm feeling really bad right now. I'm having a "lactose intolerant" effect along with an Alli effect. But I think the lactose pulled the alli with it. :( Been to the bathroom 2x's already and know I'll be in there again. I ate a little of my lunch, but started feeling sick again.

I've done better since Friday with eating. I still need to establish an exercise program. I need to move this body. Friday my husband and I walked up town to the free concert and then walked around town. We didn't get home until midnight. Maybe I can get my hubby involved with exercising and he'll make sure to motivate me to move.

Things are kinda slow at work now. The biggest change is we have to wear polo shirts and kaki pants. We have to tuck. :mad: Never tell a large woman she needs to tuck her shirt if the length is more than 6 inches from your natural waist. It cuts me in half and exagerates my belly and butt. It was bad enough the woman's 2x wasn't a real 2x, and I had to resort to wearing a man's XL. So of course the shirt was like a dress. BUT I took 2 of the shirts to be altered where I won't have to tuck anymore. They're cutting 6 inches off. Nice.:carrot: Won't have to see my belly much longer!

StillTryin
07-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Debalina, I know what you mean about running to the bathroom, I have also had to get there fast today 2 times.....sadly I dont think it is TE's from the Alli. I think it may be my lunch. I had pastrami and the last time I had it I broke out in hives, so I told my boss that if I have a bad reaction today or tomorrow, that this is why. I love pastrami though...grrrrr I hope I just have to use the facilities from it, that I can handle.

707Goddess
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
OK so i've been following you girls around since the other thread Just lurking probably cause i REALLY want to do alli so my question is to ALL of you
1. how long have you been on it?
2. How much total weight have you lost ?

THANKS
MICHELLE

debalina
07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Debalina, I know what you mean about running to the bathroom, I have also had to get there fast today 2 times.....sadly I dont think it is TE's from the Alli. I think it may be my lunch. I had pastrami and the last time I had it I broke out in hives, so I told my boss that if I have a bad reaction today or tomorrow, that this is why. I love pastrami though...grrrrr I hope I just have to use the facilities from it, that I can handle.

Stuff like that has been going around my office. I know mine was the milk. Now I'm craving black licorice. YUMMY!

Hun.e.B
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
So I found that tea at my walmart but they were all out of the white tea, only had the green tea w/ pomegrante....so I didnt get any, I'll hold out for the white tea.

I also just figured out that my favorite frozen meal has more fat than I though. I read the package more closely and apparently its 2 servings! Who knew!? Eating the whole thing plus adding a little chicken breast was 19g exactly so I had it anyway and skipped my salad....that I was really craving!

Today is Day 7 for me so I'll have my official weigh in tomorrow. I know going in its not going to be as low as it could have been because of Saturdays dinner choice and how I ate all day sunday. Plus I had alcohol this weekend and that will get ya everytime. I'm on the right path though, no TEs, I'm being very mindful of everything I eat, drinking my water and going on bikerides where I can. yes I could do better but I'm still doing good!

I hope everyone else is having a great day!

Michelle....I've only been using Alli for 7 days and no official weigh in yet. Hopefully someone else will pop in and give you their stats.

~melissa

dcapulet
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
i'm on day two... and have a really bad headache. i didn't drink alot of water today, so maybe that's it, but it's POUNDING. I think I remember others mentioning headaches...

Hun.e.B
07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I never got headaches but I have heard that alot....did you also recently give up caffeine?

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
1. how long have you been on it?
2. How much total weight have you lost ?

Since Alli has just recently debuted no one has been on it too long.. yet!

I just started 2 weeks ago, I can tell you that my average loss before Alli was 2lbs a week, and with Alli it was 3lbs a week. :smug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
i'm on day two... and have a really bad headache. i didn't drink alot of water today, so maybe that's it, but it's POUNDING. I think I remember others mentioning headaches...

I've had the odd headache as well, and before Alli I rarely had one. The pain is in my forehead behind my eyes and goes on for hours.

I've had 4 headaches in the past 2 weeks, and they usually start in the afternoon, after lunchtime.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
The TE's are starting from my movie/popcorn fest on Sunday :o

chubs107
07-17-2007, 10:41 PM
i am so lost!! Bought alli last week, haven't started it yet.. i don't understand the wedsite and can't get my menu together... can anyone help me>

chubs107
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
oh.. and I don't understand what to do about the few days before i start taking the pills...

Hun.e.B
07-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I think you need to be a little bit more specific on what your problems are with your menu. We'd need to know your fat grams per meal too. My goal is to do 19 grams of fat per meal. I usually dont make that for breakfast or lunch but I've really been trying to. If I have PB toast I can make it. And if I have a salad I can usually get around 15 for lunch.

As far as your couple of days before starting you are just supposed to eat low fat. I couldnt seem to do it so I just started anyway and havent had any issues as a result.

Maybe if you could be more specific with your questions we can help you more! good luck!!

~melissa

Sakai
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Things are kinda slow at work now. The biggest change is we have to wear polo shirts and kaki pants. We have to tuck. :mad: Never tell a large woman she needs to tuck her shirt if the length is more than 6 inches from your natural waist. It cuts me in half and exagerates my belly and butt. It was bad enough the woman's 2x wasn't a real 2x, and I had to resort to wearing a man's XL. So of course the shirt was like a dress. BUT I took 2 of the shirts to be altered where I won't have to tuck anymore. They're cutting 6 inches off. Nice.:carrot: Won't have to see my belly much longer!

OMG I felt the same way when they told us about wearing blue polo shirts and tucking them into the kaki pants. I was like.. "heck no!" Beside, all the movie I do at work, they wouldn't stay tucked for longer than an hour. But I lucked out, being that i work the "Third shift." we get to leave out shirts untucked and keep our jeans. Which I'm very happy about, you would not believe how dirty it is at wal-mart. Those kaki pants would be grey and nasty after a few hours.

katallan
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Since Alli has just recently debuted no one has been on it too long.. yet!

I just started 2 weeks ago, I can tell you that my average loss before Alli was 2lbs a week, and with Alli it was 3lbs a week. :smug:

I have to ditto that! I've been taking Alli since 6/25. And my weight loss is around 3-4 pounds a week with, where I was only getting 1-2 pounds without. I think Alli makes me think about what I am eating and how much. I mean, who wants a TE?:dizzy:

As for the headaches, I found that after the first few days they were gone and I am not sure if it was the pills of the fact that I wasn't drinking a lot of cokes and coffee!

StillTryin
07-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Well I am on week 3 and lost 4lbs so far, but that is partly because my first 2.5 weeks ;) I was not the best at staying "on plan". But as time goes by I get better

TxBrittany
07-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Alli users! I have another question for ya'll! Do you guys think it would be ok to use Alli if you are already on a diet that is very low in fat? For example, my breakfast this morning contained 6 fat grams. So would Alli still be effective and worth it, or do you think it would be pointless? Thanks for you opinions guys! I just want to make sure I'm going the right thing before I go out and spend the money!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
I have about 6 grams at breakfast and don't take a pill, I take it with lunch and dinner that is much higher in fat, however, the Alli is still in your system so I beleive it will lower your breakfast fat absorbtion as well.

(ie) A couple of times I overdid the fat and didn't take Alli, but the Alli already in my system from earlier meals gave me the TE's

dcapulet
07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I never got headaches but I have heard that alot....did you also recently give up caffeine?

actually, I've been off caffeine for about 5 years... it's just not a good idea for me. :dizzy:

dcapulet
07-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I've had the odd headache as well, and before Alli I rarely had one. The pain is in my forehead behind my eyes and goes on for hours.

I've had 4 headaches in the past 2 weeks, and they usually start in the afternoon, after lunchtime.

yeah, mine happened about that time too. I'm going to stay super-hydraged today and see what happens.

I'm also having a hard time fitting 19 grams of fat into a meal. I've been eating low-fat for about a month now, and find it hard to go back.

Hun.e.B
07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
TxBrittney...as expensive as Alli is, and with the TEs you can get if you have an off meal. I would say that if you are already on a lowfat plan and are able to follow it...you wouldnt need Alli. You arent even supposed to take if if you are well below your set fat goal which 6 grams would be. Generally if I know my meal is less than 9g of fat I dont take it.

It says right in the literature that Alli is not for very low fat plans. I would say 18 g of fat a day constitute very low fat plans.

~melissa

Hun.e.B
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Okay first official Alli weigh in...drum roll please.....down 4.2 lbs!!! Considering last weekend I'm SO SO SO happy with that!!!

~melissa

StillTryin
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
WOW that is super Melissa!!!! Congrats!

katallan
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Okay first official Alli weigh in...drum roll please.....down 4.2 lbs!!! Considering last weekend I'm SO SO SO happy with that!!!

~melissa

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

Way to go!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Hun.e.b! Yay for you, way to go!!

Guess what - I have another headache. Just the same as the others, dull throb behind my eyes/forehead, started after lunch. :(

Hun.e.B
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Thats really odd thingirl. Can you tell us what you've been having for lunch lately.

fitbyforty
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Thingirl...that sounds like a sinus headache to me.

NRyker
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Alli Friends!

I have been lurking for two weeks.
I have been doing the Alli Pills for two weeks.
I have been logging my food intake and making substantial changes for two weeks.

I just barely registered with 3fatchicks (whose site I love) to post on this forum thread! LOL! :carrot: Why I waited 2 weeks, I don't know.

Well, some info on me.
I weighed 265 in December of 2006 when I lived in Guatemala. That changed.
Not sure what my exact weight is right now or what it skyrocketed too.
I estimated 285 maybe higher. Last week, at Ikea, I weighed on one of their cheap dial scales. I think it was 280. There was so many people passing by, I was embarrassed.

The really neat NSV's for me since starting Alli.
1- I was consuming 3600 calories on a "good" day and didn't know it, until now.
I have now reduced that to an average of 2200 calories. I know its not the 1800 calorie goal. But, I am not worried. I have an 15 month old daughter who can keep me busy enough to burn those calories daily!

2-For the first time in my 36 years, I am not seeking a quick fix. Sure, help from Alli. But, nothing fad. I love using the fitday.com and seeking to get my fiber and my protein and my carbs and fats all balanced. It is so cool.

3-I consume fruits and vegetables with pleasure.

4-I only drink about 20 ounces of soda (usually diet) vs the 40-100 + ounces. Pepsi was a big thing for me. Now I actually drink 80 oz of water per day. OMG.

Last Year, I weighed 345 lbs. Prior to that, I think I reached 380+. I have been working on weight issues for a while.

But, this is the next step. The organization of knowledge, support of Alli, like minded Forum Friends, Exercise and a refinement of my eating habits into an total goal of well being and feeling good.

Beyond wanting to weight 175, I want to feel energetic and healthy and have lifes bounce. KWIM?

Long post, but I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
Jennifer

Hun.e.B
07-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Great story Jennifer...sounds to me like you are doing GREAT!! Such fantastic life changes you've made to be that fit healthy you! I have no doubts that you are going to reach that goal! How did you lose the first 100lbs? Keep up the good work!! Its so great to get to know you!!

bobbigene
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
:welcome:
It's great to have you join our little group! Most of us have been on Alli pretty much since it came out. I started the week after and have lost about 2 pounds a week. I was already following a lower fat diet for 2 or 3 weeks before adding Alli. I don't know if it's making a huge difference in how much weight I'm losing, but I know that it keeps me honest and thinking about what I'm swallowing!

I never had problems with headaches, at least not that I really noticed. I haven't had any bad TEs, a couple of times it seemed like maybe it was hitting me harder than usual, but I never had a mad dash for the bathroom. Sometimes I have the opposite problem, which some other people on the boards have reported. Guess it just depends. I was really worried about TEs the first couple of weeks, I was almost afraid to go to work! But now it's just something that I take with lunch and dinner (breakfast never has enough fat in it) and I pretty much don't even have to debate with myself. I just don't eat it if it's too high in fat. If I don't have a taste, I don't miss it. If I have a taste, I want more!!!

So good luck with your weight loss plans. We'll be here cheering you all the way.
:dust:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Thats really odd thingirl. Can you tell us what you've been having for lunch lately.

Whole wheat tortilla wrap, filled with grilled chicken & peppers, salsa & low fat cheddar & a piece of fruit, usually a peach.

This is a different kind of headache for me, I don't usually have headaches at all, I can't remember the last time I had one (before Alli)

dcapulet
07-18-2007, 11:25 PM

~melissa

nice job! :carrot:

emmak
07-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Thingirl, I have had several major headaches the same as you described the first week of taking Alli. I have not had any this week.

Phoenix32203
07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome Jennifer! These ladies are beyond compare. You will like it here in Alli-ville. We are very happy to meet you!

:dance::dance::dance:Congratulations Melissa!!!!:dance::dance::dance:
This dance is for you!!!

Hope everyone's heads have stopped pounding! I haven't had a headache yet, no te's, no constipation, so far so good. I do think there is something to the headaches. Many on the Alli boards have reported them, and at Walgreens the woman behind the counter told me she'd had several people return their kits because of pounding headaches. Then there's those crazy periods that start on day 4 or 5. That side effect I was lucky enough to experience.....

I was inspired a while back, so I borrowed my mom's Foreman grill and made the most luscious steak last night. Tonight it was chicken wraps. YUM! I also bought a watermelon and cut the whole thing up so that my daughter and I can partake whenever the need arises. It is so good! She likes the new food choices, esp. the cheddar cheese rice cakes I bought for her to replace the cheetos.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling even better!

Sugar-N-Spice
07-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey Everyone. :wave:

I can't believe that this week is almost over, time is flying!

Melissa, congrat's on the weight loss chicky! That is fabulous news. I am so proud of you!!

Jennifer, welcome! This has been a great place to come to for me, I hope you enjoy it as much! It sounds like you have already done an incredible amount of work to get yourself healthy, that is fabulous! Your baby will definitely appreciate all the hard work you've done, it's all so worth it!

Thingirl, I'm sorry to hear you've had another headache. I get the headaches in the same exact spot you're speaking of. I have been prone to headaches before the Alli but this is a different kind and always right behind my eyes. Something to it? I dunno. I am just thankful that ibuprofen seems to do the trick that's for sure! I hope today was another successful day for you!

Phoenix, you have been a grillin' mama, haven't you? :D We had steak tonight too, man I think I could eat it every night! lol I heart my indoor grill!! I'd be lost without it! Enjoy the watermelon!!!

Ladies, I hope you all had another fantastic day! I am struggling still a bit, just can't seem to string a few good days together at all. Sorta ticks me off, but then again, who do I have to blame but myself, right? Need to really turn it up and just keep pushing through regardless. I have too many days where I'm lazy about cooking and not wanting to exercise, this attitude will not get me to my goals, this I know! The brain is such a funny thing, and it really bites that losing weight is almost ALL mental! :dizzy: Oh well, tomorrow's another chance at a new beginning and I am hopeful that I will do well!

NRyker
07-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Thanks Everybody, for the warm welcomes!!!!

Regarding Side Effects:

[QUOTE=Phoenix32203;1781140]Hope everyone's heads have stopped pounding! I haven't had a headache yet, no te's, no constipation, so far so good. I do think there is something to the headaches. Many on the Alli boards have reported them, and at Walgreens the woman behind the counter told me she'd had several people return their kits because of pounding headaches. Then there's those crazy periods that start on day 4 or 5. That side effect I was lucky enough to experience.....

QUOTE]

Um...what's the Crazy Period Side Effect?
Headaches, nothing out of the normal daily...LOL. Actually, I have felt great the last few days. Very energized. Like a Full Moon.

Regarding my prior weight loss.
I ballooned up due to infertility treatments. Once I stopped those, I lost some of the weight. Then, when I was living in Guatemala for 6 months, I dropped the rest of the weight due to the constant walking to sustain your daily needs and the mega amount of fresh, unprocessed veggies, fruits, eggs and chicken. Plus the Amazing Coffee.
Also, until I was schooled on where to find all the "american" candy, I wrote it off. Didn't want to try the local candy bars. I did enjoy the Guatemala Banana Cakes and the sweet breads occasionally. But, it took a long walk to get a normal, healthy portioned dessert and they lacked the same amount of Sugar as the U.S. version, of desserts, contain.

Portion Size, Lack of refined sugar, Tons and tons of leisurely walking, and fresh, fresh, fresh foods made all the difference. I ballooned back up within the first 2 months of being home...and I wasn't overeating. I was actually trying to protect my "slimmer" body. But, returning in the dead of winter didn't help either. :dizzy:

I don't mean to be chatty...but,
I just went to brookstones with my Husband tonight. I got on their fancy digital, fat measuring scale. It said 259 lbs. Do you think it was right? It was shoes off weigh in? I don't have a scale at home. I guess I will have to go back once a month to weigh in now! LOL.
Maybe, I lost already. So Cool if it is true weight. I was 275 at a doctors appointment 2 months ago and 280 on the Ikea cheapie dial only scale sometime last weeks...I am confused. :dizzy:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Thingirl, I have had several major headaches the same as you described the first week of taking Alli. I have not had any this week.

That's good to know, maybe they will taper off. I feel so good in the morning, it's a drag to develop these headaches in the afternoon :(

NRyker, another reason why I dislike scales - you don't get the same reading from different ones, it seems. I would think that one read too high, one read too low and your real weight is somewhere in between BUT you have lost weight.

How do your clothes feel? looser? I don't have a scale either but I can tell by my clothes what's happening with my body.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday with healthy eating and a little bit of exercise to keep things moving in the right direction :carrot:

Laurelle
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I'm glad to see so many of you doing well - I am having the opposite problem where I'm just maintaining or gaining. Are most of you taking Alli with every meal, or just meals over 15g of fat? I'm still a little confused about that aspect and would like to hear some feedback.

Also, I'm surprised at how many of you haven't had any TEs - I had them on the 2nd day! I was eating low-fat and decided to splurge with a piece of cheese on my Subway sandwich and BAM it hit me. Subway's Web site claims there's only 4g of fat in their cheese, so I don't know what went wrong. I spent the first week with terrible gas and unpredictable bathroom issues.

santafe
07-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi Laurelle - I only take alli when I'm eating a meal with more than 5 g's of fat. But clearly it will work better the closer you are to your target (in my case, 19), without going over. I've been on alli for 3 weeks and haven't had ANY TE's. One night some gas, but that's it. Why? Because I have stayed within my target. If you want to be TE free, stick to the plan. If you're going to cheat, be forewarned....it ain't worth it, or so I hear.
Best of luck!

Laurelle
07-19-2007, 11:01 AM
That's the thing - I was having TEs without going over calories or fat. I still get a bit gassy with it. I've had stomach problems for most of my life, so maybe I'm just more susceptible to its effects.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't have a pill unless I'm eating over 12 grams of fat. So I never have one at breakfasts and not too often at lunch either. Dinner for sure.

I haven't had TE's except the 2 times I was stupid and ate things with way too much fat. I have had the headaches though, and dry mouth - especially in the morning I wake up parched.

dcapulet
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't have a pill unless I'm eating over 12 grams of fat. So I never have one at breakfasts and not too often at lunch either. Dinner for sure.

I haven't had TE's except the 2 times I was stupid and ate things with way too much fat. I have had the headaches though, and dry mouth - especially in the morning I wake up parched.

Does it not work if you fall below a certain fat percentage or gram intake? I'm eating lowfat, so 19 grams doesn't often happen for me.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I had them on the 2nd day! I was eating low-fat and decided to splurge with a piece of cheese on my Subway sandwich and BAM it hit me. .

Are you sure it was the sandwich that caused the TE? It could have been from something you ate a couple of days earlier that was still in your system.

StillTryin
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, do not discount the items of food you may have eaten within the past 2-3 days, I ran out of Alli last week and went 4 days without it, and guess what...It didnt matter! I still could see some oil in the toilet after 4 days without it. That kept me from going crazy though and eating my favorite fried foods. (Which I avoid like the plague now)

Shy Moment
07-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I haven't started the program yet. Thought I would wait until after surgery on the 2nd. I am a bit worried about the headaches. I get them enough already. I don't generally eat enough fat in one meal or one day to have to worry about the side effects. Think it will be kind of nice :) I can increase the amount of fat I eat and be able to eat some of the foods I have been doing without.

Hun.e.B
07-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Laurelle...welcome!! I've got well over my fat grams a couple of times and not a single TE. That doesnt stop me from staying within my 19g for the most part though. I just consider it a blessing. I'm thinking the more I'm on it though the more likely those are going to start happen if I go over. I've only been taking Alli for a week.

Nryker....dont apologize for being chatty...I for one LOVE chatty! A long time motto of mine is Scales are for fish! I think its fabulous that you dont own one, why be a slave to a machine right! I would say that the doctors scale is most likely the most reliable. Would they allow you to pop over there for a monthly weighin?

I think I'm PMSing because I really had a hard time stopping eating last night. I had dinner, was still hungry so I had some salad...still hungry so tried reading and drinking a huge glass of water. Still hungry so I went for a bike ride. Then when we got back i gave in and snacked on things I shouldnt have, then decided to just give up and have a little more dinner. BAD BAD!! The scale did show me up a pinch today I'm sure because of all that salt!

On the good side I did my elliptical for 15 minutes on the hardest setting yesterday. I figured if I up the resistance I can do it for less time.

Okay off to get something done around here!! Have a wonderful day Alligaters!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
IThink it will be kind of nice :) I can increase the amount of fat I eat and be able to eat some of the foods I have been doing without.

Yes, that's a really good point. I now put a couple of teaspoons of parmesan on my pasta. Before Alli, I wouldn't do that, and now my dinner tastes much better :)

Hun.e.B
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I allow peanut butter on my toast now! I wouldnt do that before Alli!

~melissa

NRyker
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
I have had TE's on almost a constant basis, except for a day or so,
sporadically. Ironically, I eat the plan regarding fat totals, if not lower.
(Not always in the beginning). I do believe though, that the Alli seems to
stay in my body for long periods of time; creating TE's from a cumulative
of several foods. IE I think my body is not metabolising the food/fat or the
Alli quickly.
Constantly the oil in the toilet etc.

My reason for mentioning this is the question regarding when to take pills
and if you need 2 or 3 a day. Occasionally, I only do the two pills with the
two heavier meals (anything over 5 grams of fat) in the evening and skip
the AM pill.
But, last night I was thinking that, if the Alli is working from several days ago,
then having 3 pills a day creates better "coverage" fighting fat calories etc.

I don't know. Just my theory.

katallan
07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing!

Glad to see we have some new members! Welcome:D

I made the mistake of eating a handful of cashews last night then reading the label to see how many calories/fat grams I was eating! So in addition to what I ate at supper I had way to many fat grams and yes I did have TE (yuck).:o and yes they do last through the next day although not as bad. I guess I never realized how many fat grams are in nuts! I won't make that mistake again :dizzy:

I am heading out of town until next tuesday. Ya'll wish me luck on staying on track with all the eating out I am going to have to do! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hun.e.B
07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I think it makes sense what you say. See I've not even had the oil in the toilet...the only time was Sunday night after eating like a heffer all day just some tiny little bubbles. Other than that...nothing. I hope its still working!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Definately, there is no question that digestion & metabolism play a big part in Alli use & treatment effects.

That's why they want you lowering your fat before you start the meds - because something you ate 3 days ago could still be in your body and an Alli pill today could affect you.

Also by taking a pill today with a meal, and not taking any more pills, something you eat tomorrow can cause TE's. It's a 2 fold consideration - that's why the TE's can sneak up on you.

From my testing Alli, I can tell you that 36-40 hours is how long TE's take to materialize after I ate too much fat.

StillTryin
07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
ThinGirl, I agree between 24-48 hours is when you will probably see some TE's after having a bad meal/snack.

*on another note*
Evening eating has always been my DOWNFALL, no matter what diet I use. I enjoy evening snacks!!! Well yesterday I had to go in to the Dentist to have my "bite splint" fitted, (this is what they called it) well last night was the first night I had it and I am supposed to keep it in my mouth 24/7 unless I am eating. So right after dinner I brushed and put it back in my mouth...well I was so busy playing with it that I didnt have a single bite after dinner!!!! I hope that this "splint" will help me keep from putting "all those little things" in my mouth that ADDDDD up to lots of extra fat and calories. Time will tell, but if last night was any indication it sure wont hurt!

Ravisa
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Is there room for one more? I have found quite a bit of encouragement from this site. Like Jennifer, I have been ďlurkingĒ for about two weeks. I figured it was about time I stick my toe in the water!

I started taking Alli on July 13. So far, I have been able to stick to under 15g of fat at each meal. I've also started back up on a much needed exercise regimen.

Iím 33, 5í9Ē, and weigh in at 252.2 (gasp!). There, itís out there. I would like to be in the high 160ís at least, but I realize that is some time from now. Iím trying to keep a realistic attitude about this weight-loss thing.

I look forward to talking to you about my progress!

Hun.e.B
07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Welcome welcome Ravisa!!! So great to meet you!! I'm looking forward to sharing in those successes with you! Being realistic is a must! It can be done but its not gonna happen overnight! We'll get there! Keep up the good work!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Ravisa! welcome to the Alli-gators :)

emmak
07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I have been on Alli for ten days. I have had TE's nearly every day. Some worse than others. I ate cheerios for breakfast, 1 percent milk, and splenda. 1/2 graham cracker for lunch. Ate a early dinner around 4 o'clock. Turkey, carrots, and green beans. Haven't ate anything else. That is almost what I eat everyday. Sometimes I may have a turkey sandwich on Sara Lee whole grain white bread with mustard for lunch. My dinner varies between chicken and turkey and different vegetables. I feel better taking Alli and I am not going to stop. I have had irritable bowel syndrome all of my life. That may have something to do with the TE's.

Ethereal
07-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I have been on Alli for ten days. I have had TE's nearly every day. Some worse than others. I ate cheerios for breakfast, 1 percent milk, and splenda. 1/2 graham cracker for lunch. Ate a early dinner around 4 o'clock. Turkey, carrots, and green beans. Haven't ate anything else. That is almost what I eat everyday. Sometimes I may have a turkey sandwich on Sara Lee whole grain white bread with mustard for lunch. My dinner varies between chicken and turkey and different vegetables. I feel better taking Alli and I am not going to stop. I have had irritable bowel syndrome all of my life. That may have something to do with the TE's.
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but you sound like you are starving yourself, my dear! I mean a half a graham cracker for a meal would leave me unsatisfied and ravenous.

Beyond that, it's true that everyone has different needs, but it's an unhappy fact that if you don't have enough calories your body will not only lack important nutrients, but will also semi-shut down because it thinks you don't have access to enough food. It's a really nifty form of self-preservation, but makes dieting a little tricky (at least for me!).

How do you feel in general eating so little? If you have plenty of energy and feel healthy, then definitely ignore my advice... but if you feel fatigued and under the weather it may be your low caloric intake.

Of course, if you're eating large portions for your other meals you may be getting enough and I could be totally wrong, but that "graham cracker for lunch" threw me for a loop. Sorry if I sound critical!

Shandee4007
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Welcome Jennifer and Ravisa and all the newbies to Alli-cats & gators. I agree about the TE's they can happen at any time even if you have not been taking your pills regularly. I've been on Alli since June 26 and take 3pills a day. However for the last 3/4 days I've been off with my pills, but still manage to have TE's if i go over my fat grams. I was surprised because lately a lot has been going on and I haven't been at home often to take my pills 3x a day, but still with each time I didn't take my pill if I ate over the amount of fat grams, I'm in the bathroom quickly.

But I don't mind, it means if we skip a pill every now and then we still have some in our system - so thats great.

I'm down another 2lbs :) but that could be also because I haven't been meeting my daily calorie intake, and have been below a couple of days, and that plus Alli = a loss. :)

emmak
07-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I forgot about the banana I had with the cracker. I have plenty of energy and my metabolism is very high. I have always eaten like this except on weekends I would have a full course sausage, eggs, biscuits breakfast. This was before Alli. I just want to lose a small amount of weight and I thought Alli would help because the only way I can lose weight is to not eat much at all. With Alli at least I can eat more of the low fat foods.

Ethereal
07-19-2007, 10:58 PM
I forgot about the banana I had with the cracker. I have plenty of energy and my metabolism is very high. I have always eaten like this except on weekends I would have a full course sausage, eggs, biscuits breakfast. This was before Alli. I just want to lose a small amount of weight and I thought Alli would help because the only way I can lose weight is to not eat much at all. With Alli at least I can eat more of the low fat foods.
Oh good, that sounds better. Glad to hear I was wrong. =)

About my alli experience: I already eat a low-fat diet at home, but what I like about alli is that I can take it when I eat out and not stress as much about the naturally higher fat content restaurant foods have - even the healthy options! So I'm not really on an alli "plan" so much as using it as a buffer against restaurant calories.

The strange thing is, I've yet to experience any TEs, even when eating ~20g of fat (or more!). I once had 3/4ths of a Pizza Hut P'Zone in one meal to test it, which must've been 30g of fat at the least, and nothing. Like some others, I'm kind of worried it's not working for me.

Glad to hear so many are still making progress, though! I love reading about everyone's experiences in these threads.

Sakai
07-19-2007, 11:40 PM
I have te's almost every other day, but only at work @_@
Never once have I had a TE at home, even on my days off. Only at work do I have te's

I think it might be because..one...I'm drinking ALOT of water while working... OR because I'm moving around so much (at least 8-10 miles worth of walking every night) and I know that movemnt like that can sometimes make people have ta go. i think it might be helping the Alli along.

I makes me want to be very careful about what I eat, even though I stay well under my 15g limit, just because I know that TE's will happen at work @_@

Ravisa
07-20-2007, 01:50 AM
No TE's here. It must affect different people in different ways. However, I will say that I haven't tested the limits of Alli (yet). Just the fear of TE's has kept me in check. I can imagine that it is very frustrating to have TE's even though you are being "good."

Sakai, I'm impressed with your exercise! Wow, 8-10 miles a night is fantastic! I walk maybe two miles and feel so very accomplished!

dcapulet
07-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Good morning all!

I ate out last night, and got in a little over my 19 grams of fat. I had bad gas, but that was all. I was worried about a TE, but none.

Tomorrow is weigh in!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I ate out last night, and got in a little over my 19 grams of fat. I had bad gas, but that was all. I was worried about a TE, but none.

It's too soon for a TE, might not start until 36 hours after you eat, so be aware :dizzy:

Good luck with your weigh in! :carrot:

debalina
07-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Okay - I lost 2 lbs so I think I'm back on track from gaining all the weight I lost the prior week. I'm back to eating protein at every meal and snacking on fruits and getting plenty of veggies. I take alli with every meal, but haven't had an TE's - which sometimes I want to see the oil spots just to make sure it is working.

Oh gosh! I read that the TE's could strike anytime up to 36 hours. I had a small cheese pizza on Wednesday and just now I feel like I have to go. Guess I spoke too soon!

Today is my birthday (42 years young) and my gift to me is to GET OFF MY BUTT ANF EXERCISE!!! :D I'm not going to set a weight loss goal for next week, I'm just going to concentrate on each meal and eating better.

But I was happy to see the scale move down. :carrot:

dcapulet
07-20-2007, 11:05 AM
It's too soon for a TE, might not start until 36 hours after you eat, so be aware :dizzy:

Good luck with your weigh in! :carrot:

thanks for the heads up. :)

dcapulet
07-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Okay - I lost 2 lbs so I think I'm back on track from gaining all the weight I lost the prior week. I'm back to eating protein at every meal and snacking on fruits and getting plenty of veggies. I take alli with every meal, but haven't had an TE's - which sometimes I want to see the oil spots just to make sure it is working.

Oh gosh! I read that the TE's could strike anytime up to 36 hours. I had a small cheese pizza on Wednesday and just now I feel like I have to go. Guess I spoke too soon!

Today is my birthday (42 years young) and my gift to me is to GET OFF MY BUTT ANF EXERCISE!!! :D I'm not going to set a weight loss goal for next week, I'm just going to concentrate on each meal and eating better.

But I was happy to see the scale move down. :carrot:

happy birthday!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Happy Birthday debalina!

Ravisa
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Today is my officially one-week on Alli. I've lost 4.4 pounds! Yippee! I've decided that I will be very happy if I average 1-2 pounds lost a week. That would put me under 200 by next summer when we visit my roommate from college.

My husband and son are camping today and tomorrow, so my daughter and I have big plans! We are going to go see a movie, then out to lunch. We may also walk the mall, or save that for tomorrow. I'm thinking to myself that if I start to feel deprived by food (no popcorn at the theater, etc.), I might just have to get myself a pair of shoes or something - cute sneakers, of course.

Thingirl, do you plan on staying with Alli while on vacation?

Debalina - happy birthday!

Shandee4007
07-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Happy Birthday Debalina,

That was my present to myself this year...I'm 40years young.

mommyto3
07-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I fell way off of the wagon shortly after I got on due to many, many things....too much traveling and some major family health issues. My father is diabetic. He had a toe amputated and just learned that he is going to lose another. I've managed to lose another pound since I got off track, but things are looking much better now. I'm so excited to be back on alli. I've been busy catching up on all of the posts since I last visited and I'm so impressed with how everyone is doing!....very inspirational! Because I don't want to suffer the same fate as my dear, sweet father I am determined to make the changes that ensure success.:)

NRyker
07-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Everybody!

Just checking in today. So much to do.
I am going on a trip to the Tetons and Jackson Hole WY
Camping trip. Praying that I don't fall off the wagon or
have horrid TE's.

We are RV'ing it with the In-Laws. Super Healthy NonFat
types, so I might just get a loss of weight if I stack my
cards right! My concern....TE's in the RV. :o

I fell off the wagon by accident last night.
After swimming, DH and I stopped at Taco Bell due to
starvation mode, I didn't think that chalupas were that bad.
OMG 23 grams of fat. Luckily I looked it up before I took a bite
of the 2nd chalupa.
Ironically it spun me into a spin of binging and I gorged on
Sodapop, Baked Lays and Hot Tamales.
But, I counted everything, and at least it was Fat Free,
but I don't think that 2500 calories is a way to lose weight.

I am in control now. It is all a learning process.

Congrats Ravisha on your loss!!! Excellent!

Momto3--I am sorry about your father and the Diabetes issues.
I am impressed that you still lost weight with all that is going on. ((HUGS))

Debalina!!!:bday2you:

ThinGirl...been meaning to say- I love your AVATAR! Not being weird,
but in 6 months...you should post a pics!!! I can't believe all the cool
vacations you have coming up! WOW. Keep on keepin' on!

Sakai---I think you have about the same "effects" I am having.
And honestly, I think with my diet being so high in fruits and veggies
as of lately, I think that also helps me too. Plus, all the exercise and water.
I think its combining with that in a weird way.

Ethereal-I love your deviant Art sight! Wow! Thats awesome.
If I can ever find the time (maybe once DD is old enough for preschool)
I am going to complete my degree in Graphic Design. Anyways,
One night after clicking on your link, I was cruising all over the DeviantArt
sights. That challenge seems cool. I think I might do that just as a hobby.
The Challenge. It keeps you fresh and going strong with the art.

Ethereal
07-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Ethereal-I love your deviant Art sight! Wow! Thats awesome.
If I can ever find the time (maybe once DD is old enough for preschool)
I am going to complete my degree in Graphic Design. Anyways,
One night after clicking on your link, I was cruising all over the DeviantArt
sights. That challenge seems cool. I think I might do that just as a hobby.
The Challenge. It keeps you fresh and going strong with the art.
Thanks! I agree about the Challenge. I haven't been very artistic lately, but I keep thinking up ideas to meet the Challenge all the time, so when I start up again hopefully I'll have some creative fun.

And I hope you do find time to finish your degree! One of my highest aspirations is to find a career doing something I truly love (art), and I wish the same for all my fellow artists. The world can never have enough creativity!

And a big congratulations on your amazing loss. I hope to do so well someday!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
ThinGirl...been meaning to say- I love your AVATAR! Not being weird,
but in 6 months...you should post a pics!!! I can't believe all the cool
vacations you have coming up! WOW. Keep on keepin' on!

LOL, I don't know if I'll post my butt in lingerie! but I'll definitely post some before/after shots that show my better side. :D

Good luck RV'ing, have fun and keep away from the chalupas.

Shy Moment
07-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Happy happy birthday have a wonderfull day

bobbigene
07-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Good morning everyone! Another pound lost this week. Slow and steady wins the race. As long as I lose every week I'm happy. Well, maybe not :D happy, but at least pleased :). Hope everyone is having a good day. I plan to look thru some non-plus size catalogues and dream of what I will be wearing this time next year!

dcapulet
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone! Another pound lost this week. Slow and steady wins the race. As long as I lose every week I'm happy. Well, maybe not :D happy, but at least pleased :). Hope everyone is having a good day. I plan to look thru some non-plus size catalogues and dream of what I will be wearing this time next year!

congrats on your pound lost. I'm actually super glad you posted this; I "only" lost a pound this week, and thought it was supposed to happen a little faster with alli. But it IS a loss, and I prefer that to a gain...

:)

carrie123
07-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi everybody, I'd like to join this thread as I've been on the Alli diet plan and pill for three weeks now. I have only lost about 5 lbs. and 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips, which believe me doesn't seem like alot but it's a biggie for me since I couldn't get that area of my body to budge.

As far as the Alli site, the support forum are very slow, but the reward program is very nice. You get a reward each week for staying with the program. I won't tell you the rewards, but they are pretty cool, especially week 3:)

Tammy
07-21-2007, 11:16 AM
I started alli on Thursday. I have had no TE. I also have been constipated since starting it. I stated on Monday eating low fat meals. I've been below the calorie limit and fat limit for me. (not too far below though) Advice??

carrie123
07-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Ravisa, Congrats on your weight loss. Could you tell us what you're diet basically consisted of??? Were you following the Alli diet plan or your own???

I feel terrible, I think I was using the pill as a way of cheating:( NO CHEATING this week for me...

santafe
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Good morning, all.

I've also been using alli for 3 weeks. I've lost 4 pounds. But I'd been dieting very seriously for about 3 months before that, so there were no big water weight stories to tell. I can't help chuckle about the people who write "I lost 11 pounds yesterday!". So slow and steady DOES win the race, and I feel great.

FYI, I've also not had ANY TE's. Gas one night, that's it. But I've been careful about what I eat. I also can't help chuckling when people say "I had a whopper last night and bad TE's". Well, duh.

At the end of the day, I don't know if alli is working for me - but what I do know is that I'm more aware of my fat intake than ever before...and that can only be good.

Have a great day.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi Alli-cats & Alli-gators

Happy Saturday to everyone, Welcome to santafe, Tammy & carrie :)

I'm glad today is not a weigh in day, I have not cheated or anything but I feel kind of bloated and constipated these past few days. Not sure what's going on but I hope it passes soon.

Tammy, how much lower are you eating? It really isn't worth taking a pill with a real low fat meal. (ie) if you eat a meal with 15 grams of fat, Alli can stop absorption of up to 5 grams, which is awesome. If you are eating a meal with 5 grams of fat, you are only going to lose a little more than one gram, so it's really a waste of a pill.

carrie123
07-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I am not usually the type who likes to keep a journal. But with all the temptations available, ice cream, pizza, summer time funness, I figured it might help me see if this alli diet plan is really working.

So far I really like the food choice menus on-line and in the alli recipe book. But with the cheating here and there I can't tell if it's really been working as well as it should.

I am so glad I found my way here.

Carrie

Tammy
07-21-2007, 12:44 PM
ThinGirl, my fat allowance is 19 per meal. I would say I'm eating about 8-14 for lunch and the same for supper. Breakfast is always lower, usually less than 5 and I haven't taken a pill. I'm allowed 1800 cal. per day, and I haven't met that yet, but I'm never below 1400. Do you think I should up the fat? I've been drinking more water than I normally do, so that has been a big change for me. I am walking everyday for at least 20 minutes.

mommyto3
07-21-2007, 02:55 PM

Congratulations!! A lb is a lb and that lb is OUTTA HERE!!:carrot:

emmak
07-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Just think a pound a week would be 52 pounds a year. One thing I like about this Alli diet is that you are really losing weight instead of just fluid. I can tell the difference. I truly believe the slower you lose it the harder it will be to put back on.

Ravisa
07-21-2007, 07:30 PM
emmak, I think that way, too. A pound a week means over 50 lbs down by this time next year - excellent!

In these first couple of weeks starting out, my main goal is to stay under the 15-20 grams of fat a meal and to get moving. I'm not counting calories yet, and I'm not overly consumed with getting my fruits, veggies, etc., in. First things, first. So mainly I avoid butter, mayo, oils, fried foods, and other obvious no-nos. I also try to eat whole grains when there is an option. I've had meals like turkey chili with a little bit of cheese, taco salad, stir fry with chicken and veggies, etc. I actually find that sometimes I have to make a point of adding fat to my meals!

For me, the fear of TE's keeps me rock solid. A co-worker offered me some caramel corn (with cashews) the other day, and I had no problem turning it down flat! As long as I've taken that pill, I've got to be good!

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-21-2007, 08:54 PM
ThinGirl, my fat allowance is 19 per meal. I would say I'm eating about 8-14 for lunch and the same for supper. Breakfast is always lower, usually less than 5 and I haven't taken a pill. I'm allowed 1800 cal. per day, and I haven't met that yet, but I'm never below 1400. Do you think I should up the fat? I've been drinking more water than I normally do, so that has been a big change for me. I am walking everyday for at least 20 minutes.

Hi again, no I don't think you should up the fat, it sounds like you are eating very well :) Maybe increase your walking a little bit, I started exercising 15 minutes every second day and now I am up to an hour a day. I takes a while to build up, but the more you move the more your body will function better and help lose the weight. Good luck!

mommyto3
07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Just think a pound a week would be 52 pounds a year. One thing I like about this Alli diet is that you are really losing weight instead of just fluid. I can tell the difference. I truly believe the slower you lose it the harder it will be to put back on.

I SOOOO wish I could remember this when I get frustrated because I don't lose what "I" think that I should. If I had I would have reached goal a looonnnnggg time ago!!

Tammy
07-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks!! Since I posted earlier, I have been to the restroom three different times today. Not TE moments, but I am no longer constipated. lol I do feel much better (physically and mentally). I have no idea if I'll have a loss when I weigh on Thursday, but I feel like I am off to a good start with the calories and the fat. I know I'll need to up the exercise some. I have arthritis in my spine, and I also have fibromyalgia. There are some days that I won't get any exercise at all because of that. I did walk for 1 hour 15 minutes today for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society). I took a couple 2 or 3 minute breaks and sat on a bench, but otherwise I kept going. A pain patch and pain meds helped me get through that.

dcapulet
07-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Had my first TE tonight. Not too bad, but not something I would want to happen again...

dcapulet
07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks!! Since I posted earlier, I have been to the restroom three different times today. Not TE moments, but I am no longer constipated. lol I do feel much better (physically and mentally). I have no idea if I'll have a loss when I weigh on Thursday, but I feel like I am off to a good start with the calories and the fat. I know I'll need to up the exercise some. I have arthritis in my spine, and I also have fibromyalgia. There are some days that I won't get any exercise at all because of that. I did walk for 1 hour 15 minutes today for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society). I took a couple 2 or 3 minute breaks and sat on a bench, but otherwise I kept going. A pain patch and pain meds helped me get through that.

I have arthritis too, in the general back area. When it acts up, I do some light yoga. Would that be a possibility for you? It's not overly physical, but on days when I can't do anything else, as least I was active.

Tammy
07-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I have a Yoga cd somewhere that I have never tried. I need to look for that and give it a try. I'll be doing water aerobics starting in Sept., so I know that will help out too. Hoping for no TE in the pool!! Yuck!!

Ravisa
07-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Hoping for no TE in the pool!! Yuck!!

Yeah, you and everyone else in the pool! :D

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I did walk for 1 hour 15 minutes today for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society). I took a couple 2 or 3 minute breaks and sat on a bench, but otherwise I kept going.

That's awesome, good for you.

Today is the first day in almost 3 weeks I didn't do my cardio, :( I just didn't get a chance, but I did shop from 1:30 - 6pm at the mall. So at least I did a bit of something. I didn't sit down the whole time I was there :dizzy:

Hun.e.B
07-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Thought I'd better check in since I'm having an off weekend. Havent taken my alli for 2 whole days...why...pure laziness! I'm pulling my head back in the game tomorrow. I went to the farmers market this morning and got some great fruits and veggies, and I just went on a nice bikeride but all the smoke in the air from the forest fires has given me a sore throat, I may have to just stick to my indoor workouts. I'm going to make that my focus this upcoming week. As long as I take my Alli I am able to eat quite well, I never have TEs even when I go WAY over fat grams but for whatever reason just taking the Alli helps me stick to what I'm supposed to be doing.

I see some losses again!! that is what I love so much about coming and checking in. You are sure to see at least one person with a loss to report! Talk about inspiration!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone! My girls and I are going raspberry picking tomorrow..thank goodness they are fat free! LOL!

Stay strong and TE free alligators!!

Phoenix32203
07-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Hi Alligators--
It sounds like everyone is having a pretty good week. I've missed visiting Alli-ville! I've been running like a crazy person here and there, but it did result in me FINALLY hitting my first goal. I weighed in today at my mom's at 236, which is a full 15 pounds since I started 4 weeks ago. I am SOOO excited. My next goal is to break free from the 230's.

I'm off to read--I have to finish Harry Potter 5 and 6 before dd finishes #7!
Good luck everyone!

Tammy
07-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Ravisa, I was just thinking of how embarrassed I would be. I didn't even think of how disgusted everyone else would be!!! lol

Thingirl, you put me in the mind to go shopping today! I'm sure my hubby and son will be thrilled and want to go along. Not!

Julie, my son recently read the first 6 books because he wanted to refresh his memory before the new book. I may do the same thing. He bought the book yesterday afternoon. He hasn't finished it yet, but I'm sure he will today. Also, congrats on the 14 pounds! That is wonderful!!

StillTryin
07-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Well I see that many people are just cruisin right along....FANTASTIC!!! Congrats to all who have made the choice to join us and to all of those who have measured a loss.

I have had an OK week/weekend. I did go to see Harry Potter Friday with my 2 older kids. We had a good time. I was not sure how I would do since we ate out lunch on Friday before going to the show...at a buffet no less. I did eat a HUGE plate of salad/vegi's before I had anything else. I had a little soup and some chicken. Then I bought red-vines for the show. I love buttery (or should I say greasy) popcorn. So my daughter bought a small with a medium drink, and I only ate 2 handfuls and that was towards the middle of the bag, so it wasnt tooo greasy, this was a HUGE accomplishment for me since I can eat a whole medium bag myself with all the butter. The red vines helped a lot. I loved the movie and can not wait for the next one. I also came home and started reading the 6th book, my son is reading the 7th so I will read it next

I started a new thyroid medicine also on Friday, I finally talked my Dr. into letting me try Armour for 6months to see if I will feel better on that than I did on Synthroid. I have been on synthroid for 5 years and just dont feel good still. I am just not myself. So I started that on Friday, and already by yesterday I could feel some differences. Like yesterday I woke up and had some energy. I cleaned up some things in front of the house and cleaned out my toddlers clothes, we took them to the thrift store. Then at 2 we all went to the pool until 430, then I can home and made homemade soup for my hubby and made beeftips and potatoes. I ate a big salad first again to help me not eat so much of the fatty foods.
Now today I am up pretty early for me on a Sunday and I am raring to go. I have a BBQ at noon, my hubby is grilling for 40+ people. I made hamburger patties last night, I think I need to make a few more though.

I have been pretty constipated, so last night and this morning I have had a nice big cup of Senna Tea. That should get things moving by tonight!..lol That is the only problem I hate, I have had that for a LONG TIME though, and it seems no matter how much fiber I get it doesnt matter. I think I need to have a colonoscopy when I get insurance again next month.

Oh, I got some of that Tea from WalMart, that Orient Express. I bought 4 packs and if I like it I will buy more when I go back next week Friday. I hope that they will be good to have at work with me. Enough rambling...good luck to all.

bobbigene
07-22-2007, 09:52 AM
:congrat:Julie - congratulations on hitting your mini-goal! I am so looking forward to hitting mine. It's hard to stay motivated when the goal is so huge so I know it really gives a boost when a mini-goal is achieved. Give yourself a big pat on the back!

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books so decided it was high time I should. I got the first 4 from half.com for a buck each. They are used, but gently read so well worth the cost. I'm about half way thru the first one and really looking forward to reading the rest of them. I think it's great that these books have done so much to get kids to read. I read all the time when I was a kid and just loved it. I still love to read and adore the smell of a bookstore!

Phoenix32203
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
OMG! I forgot to tell you guys! I went to see Hairspray last night and it was FANTASTIC!!! The best thing I have seen in a long time. I had goosebumps for 2 hrs. straight. Everyone in it is so talented...it is a must-see. I've seen several 5-star ratings since and they are very well deserved.

Yay Stilltryin! Good job at the movies! I had a success at the movies too. I went with my daughter and my mom--sort of a girl's day out, and it was really sweet. My mom got the small bag of popcorn without saying anything to me and kept it on the other side of her. We usually get the special, with a huge bag that I hold for us. I had about 3 handfuls instead of 10 cups. Later, we had dinner at her house and she had made this huge pan of lasagne with a little meat and lotsa zucchini before I came. It was so delicious and so thoughtful. I even got to bring the leftovers home--dinner for the next few nights. My family is being super supportive--I am blessed. :)

It sounds like you have tons of energy. Maybe we should all be taking that stuff. It must be nice to be feeling better. I'm happy for you.
Hope you like the tea -- I still do! I am also thinking of trying an experiment. I am going to try to find white tea bags, use them to make sun tea, and use the sun tea as the water for my crytal light. I think it will be a little less expensive and I can have more of it. I will let you know what happens or if it is worth ever doing again.:p

I have a child reading incessently in my house too, Tammy. Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your walking!

I know what you mean about that smell, Bobbigene! They should make an old book scented oil plug in :D

Melissa--hope you are having fun with your produce today! :carrot:
Just having that stuff around, cut up, and yummy looking is so helpful, imo.

Have a great day everyone!

Hun.e.B
07-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I forgot to tell you that I found that tea at my walmart, so I picked some up. Tried it last night and first off I didnt like the fact that the second ingredient was High Fructose corn syrup, and then I tasted it and icky! It was like syrup. Well, I got to looking at the label and I didnt get the diet!! No wonder! So I'll look again. I had a snapple white tea and that was so tasty.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone! My girls and I are going raspberry picking tomorrow..thank goodness they are fat free! LOL!

Oh that sounds like fun :) also the farmer market, we don't have one around here but I used to love to go when I was a kid, so many great things to buy and super fresh.

but it did result in me FINALLY hitting my first goal. I weighed in today at my mom's at 236, which is a full 15 pounds since I started 4 weeks ago.
That is fabulous!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Congratulations, you must feel like a million bucks.

Thingirl, you put me in the mind to go shopping today! I'm sure my hubby and son will be thrilled and want to go along. Not!

I am between sizes now, too big for my smaller clothes, to small for my bigger clothes. I wore a skirt on Friday that I had to safety pin at the waist - it was falling off me. I really didn't want to buy clothes right now, I feel like it's a waste of money if I am on a diet, but I had nothing to wear and I am going to Florida in 10 days so I need some stuff.

It was not the greatest experience seeing myself in the changeroom mirrors, :o I look better at home for some reason and it kind of got me down. :(

I only ate 2 handfuls and that was towards the middle of the bag, so it wasnt tooo greasy, this was a HUGE accomplishment for me since I can eat a whole medium bag myself with all the butter. The red vines helped a lot.

I pigged out at the movies last week, just wasn't happy with 2 handfuls of my DD's - I ate way too much and had TE's 2 days later. What are red vines, by the way? never heard of them :dizzy:

Good luck with your new thyroid med :)

Have a nice Sunday everyone, eat well, keep control! :cool:

StillTryin
07-22-2007, 04:40 PM
ThinGirl-Redvines are red licorice (sp?) they only have 1 gram of fat per serving and you get like 4-6 ropes in a serving so I had like 2 servings of that rather than allllll the popcorn.

emmak
07-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone!!

I live in Tennessee and we have Fred's Dollar Stores. I could not believe it but they have the 90 count Alli refills for $59.99. That is the cheapest I have seen yet.

Tammy
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
My first weigh in is supposed to be on Thursday. We are leaving on Tuesday for Florida. My husband's brother is ill, and we think we should go while we can. If I don't do my first weigh in with Alli, does anything happen to my account? I'll have access to a computer, but not the same scales. considering sticking the scales in the car!

mommyto3
07-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone!!

I live in Tennessee and we have Fred's Dollar Stores. I could not believe it but they have the 90 count Alli refills for $59.99. That is the cheapest I have seen yet.

Thanks for the tip! I live in TN too and will definitely check it out!

mommyto3
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I had my WI today and I'm down 3 lbs! :carrot:

StillTryin
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Well I had my weigh in today and I am down 1 more pound. I am both happy and sad that I am only losing 1 pound per week. But it is ok because I didnt put the weight on overnight. So it will take a bit of time to get it off. I think my thyroid has A LOT to do with this constant battle with my weight. My aunt has the same trouble. It gets very aggrivating.

Congrats to all that have been losing like crazy!!!!

mommyto3
07-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Well I had my weigh in today and I am down 1 more pound. I am both happy and sad that I am only losing 1 pound per week. But it is ok because I didnt put the weight on overnight. So it will take a bit of time to get it off. I think my thyroid has A LOT to do with this constant battle with my weight. My aunt has the same trouble. It gets very aggrivating.

Congrats to all that have been losing like crazy!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!! A lb is GREAT!! You have very little to lose before you reach your goal and you will be there before you know it!!

Shy Moment
07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Don't know if you have a walmart ( not a place I like to shop ) or not. I found the 90 count there for 41.99.

Hun.e.B
07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Tammy...no nothing will happen to your account, they will send you an email saying that you forgot to do your checkin though. I'm sorry to hear about your BIL, have a safe trip.

Julie...way to go on reaching that goal!!! You are doing so great and inspire me every time you post! Keep up the good work!

I'm up to my ears in raspberries. My girls and I picked about 15 lbs last night. We have decided to make jam, I'm going to attempt to make some sugarfree though. I'm looking forward to taking back my control this week. It all starts with today! I'm going to get through today with flying colors and work on tomorrow....tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful Monday!

Hun.e.B
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Way to go Deborah!!! :congrat: You are doing so great!! Keep it up!! :carrot:

Mommyto3...think of what a lb of hamburger looks like, keep in mind that it is mostly muscle tissue so its less than it would be if it were all fat. Now remember each time you take a lb off your body that is how much you are losing!! 1 lb a week is FANTASTIC!!! :bravo: You are shrinking away!!!

emmak
07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks shymoment I will definitely have to keep checking WM. They haven't got the refills at our WM yet.

Tammy
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Congrats to those who are losing!! I'm looking forward to hearing even more great results from everyone.

Hun.e.B, thanks. We aren't planning to drive straight through, and there are three of us taking turns driving. My BIL may bounce back, but I don't see that happening. I'm thinking that it might make my husband pay a little bit more attention to his own health. Could you make me a raspberry pie???? lol

I'm taking my Alli with me on the trip. I will be watching my food intake for sure since we'll be on the road so much. I haven't had any TE moments yet, so that's a good thing.

StillTryin
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Deborah, GREAT JOB on the 3lbs! That is SUPER!
I checked our WM and they had the 120 refill for 69.99 :( I can get it for that online

Melissa, your killing me, I LOVE Raspberries....jam sounds fabulous! Have fun making it

dcapulet
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I had my WI today and I'm down 3 lbs! :carrot:

:congrat:

Ravisa
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Wow, great job, everyone! I haven't visited for a couple days, and everyone is buzzing with their success! Congratulations to everyone! All the talk about exercise is really inspiring me. I was going to take a nice walk this morning, but alas, it is raining...

I've had a couple positive movie experiences of my own. Saw Hairspray with my daughter on Friday - it was really good. Shared some Sour Patch Kids, but that is all. Went to see Ratatouille yesterday. Bought a small, no butter popcorn for my kids, and had a few fingerfuls. Easy to pass up since I prefer it to be drenched in butter (go figure, right?).

Before the movie yesterday, we went out to eat. I was a little panicky, since everything looked high in fat. So I ordered a french dip sandwich with beans instead of fries, and tomato soup. Sure enough, they brought the fries instead. When I told her that I ordered beans, she said, "Free fries for you!" Nice, hmm? I asked for a box immediately and put half the sandwich, half of the meat from the remaining half of the sandwich, and the fries into the box. So I had some tomato soup, a slimmed down 1/2 sandwich and about 4T of the beans - picking past the bacon. OK, that wasn't much fun. But I survived, right?

Keep up the great work everyone!

Tammy
07-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I think I'd like to see Hairspray. Might be able to see it while we gone the next week. I'm sure there has to be a theater near one of the hotels where we'll stay. Ravisa, good for you for what you did with the meal! I would have just pigged it all down. Well, maybe not.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi guys, I hope everyone is eating well and getting some exercise in. :)

I feel like I may have plateau-d this week, somehow. I don't feel like I have lost anything since my last weigh in, my clothes are fitting the same and I feel the same if not heavier. I guess I will find out on Saturday.

Hun.e.B
07-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Tammy....I would love to make you a raspberry pie!! I've never done one before sounds fun! And now that I look at how much jam just one of our bags made, I've got raspberries coming out of my ears! I've got a big bag of huckleberries too but I can eat those babies plain. Dh and my little one wants a pie though, I'm not sure I want it around. Oh! sorry to ramble on, I hope your dh does start thinking about his health too, we get too caught up in thinking we can put that off till later.

Ravisa...eating out can be so hard but it sounda like you did pretty darn good! The fact that you automatically got rid of half your food is fantastic! Way to go!

Thingirl...is TOM on his way? could explain the feeling like you arent losing. Plus I dunno what the weather is like around you but when its really hot and humid I tend to swell more. Fear not..you are kicking some serious butt! And even if you did stall a little this week its just your body catching up! That is bound to happen from time to time. Just keep going!

You guys are making me want to see Hairspray. I'm thinking of letting dh and the girls go see the simpsons movie and I can go see Hairspray!

Did you know that WM now makes their own brand of Splenda? Saw it today shopping for my jam making supplies. The big bag was $2 cheaper than the splenda. I'm using that tomorrow to make some sugarfree jam.

Okay, off to BBQ a chicken!! Have a lovely evening!

mommyto3
07-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks so much for all the congrats!! I love alli and I love this board!:hug::hug::hug: to everyone!!

Tammy
07-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Thingirl, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised at the scale!!

Melissa, my aunt makes raspberry pies (or she used to) all the time. Regular and sugar free. Those were always a huge hit at family reunions. They really are yummy. My hubby is diabetic and doesn't follow the eating plan that he should. I get so frustrated with him at times.

We are leaving at 5:00 in the morning, so I guess I should get some sleep.
Have a great week everyone!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Are you girls talking about pie? lol I love pies & tarts (butter tarts) yum, the pastry is what tempts me more than the filling.

Anyway, enough pie talk - thanks for the encouraging words, it's weird that I just feel sluggish and heavy. I did 2 hours of cardio today, (1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening) that's the first time I've ever done that. TOM has come and gone so that is not the reason for my bloatishness (is that a word?) lol

Talk to you guys tomorrow, have a nice evening. PS - shouldn't someone start a new thread for this week's Alli-gator chat?

Ravisa
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
I read on here that someone said she always halves her meals and a bonus is that she has lunch for the next day. I thought - what a great idea, especially since I hate making lunch for myself!

Go see Hairspray, it was very cute. Lots of girls and even men in the audience. I think the got a kick out of John Travolta as the mom - I know I did!

Thingirl - KEEP THE FAITH! Even if you are plateau-ing, you are still doing the RIGHT THING for your body!