Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default When I was at the pool today

I had a different kind of feeling. I am ALWAYS really self conscious and every person that comes in a little bikini or what not just makes me feel disgusting! But, today was the first time I'd been there in a couple weeks and I felt ok. My suit fit a little better and I held my head a little higher. Instead of feeling so much below them I just kept remembering I am going to be there by next year. I am working on looking better and being healthy and that's all that matters. So, even though I wasn't feeling great about myself I at least didn't feel bad about being there amongst them.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Isn't that great! Just wait until you need a smaller size suit! That's a thrill, too.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

That is great! Keep your head up high and you'll be there in no time!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:35 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

One of my favorite things about this site is reading about others success, even if it is a NSV like yours today! I bet having more confidence made you shine and with every bit of hard work you invest in yourself your self esteem will get better and you will have more days like today! Yay for you!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 312/287/160

Great for you!!! Next year will be yours!!!
sinopa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

That is an awesome NSV. WTG. I'm also rediscovering my love for swimming this summer. I'm learning to hold my head high and not be embarassed of my body. (although I'm in maintenance mode now, my body is far from perfect). Like you, I used to hate seeing some of the other ladies in little bikinis and I wished for that "perfect body". Not anymore, I'm learning to be more comfortable with myself and just enjoying life and "being the best that I can be".
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #7  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I think one thing I have come to realize is that I will NEVER....be able to wear a bikini.

Yes, I may eventually have a thin, toned body, but I have had stretch marks since I was a young child..I had a growth spurt one year as a kid, and I have the marks all over my stomach. They weren't even from getting fat!!

Now, I know they will fade (and they have a lot) as I lose weight. They are actually the same color as my skin now as opposed to pink. I hate them, yes...but it doesn't define who I am.

I was watching a Tyra show the other day...it was about the "So What!" Campaign and how women came together and voiced their "flaws" and said "SO WHAT!!". So...I have stretch marks and will never wear a bikini..SO WHAT!!! Oh yeah..that made me feel good!!

I just see them as something to remind me of the tough times I went through and my struggle to lose weight...because I'm sure I gained a few marks from gaining weight too. I will settle for the tankini!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Sheila, I saw that Tyra show too and I loved it. I'm also saying "SO WHAT". I'll never be able to wear a bikini. I not only have old stretch marks, I've had 5 different abd. surgeries that left a roadmap of scars. I'm OK with this now. I look the best I can (barring a ton of plastic surgery) and I'm OK with my body.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #9  

I won't be in a bikini either because if stretchmarks I'm sure but I don't need that. Just to look better in my tankini and not feel I have to be covered up 100% of the time will be great.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #10  
jwatson

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 5'5"

Wink re: stretch marks

All of my nutrition profs insisted that if a person stays well hydrated during weight loss s/he should not have very pronounced stretch marks on his/her body when the desired weight is obtained

i.e. drink a ton of water!
jwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

jwatson

I haven't heard that--And I thought most stretch marks happen during weight gain, although they become more visible after loss. Hm. ??

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote