Old 07-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default New Clothes, Anyone?

Sick of wearing your old baggy clothes? Oh, I know you think you should wait until you reach your goal. I propose that we check out the stores and their summer clothes sales this weekend to treat ourselves to some NSV's. You deserve it. You are all so busy taking care of everyone else in addition to trying to lose weight.
If you look in the newspaper or just go to the stores near you, you will see that most stores are heavily reducing the prices on their summer lines of clothes. There are some rediculously priced bargains. There is still plenty of warm weather left for us to enjoy the summer clothes.
I am not trying to plug any one particular store, but I was at Burlington Coat Factory yesterday and they are taking off another 30% on any men's or women's clothing item that is on sale. I got some things for under $10!!!
So here is the assignment - go shopping and report back on this thread that you took the challenge. I want to hear about the bargains. Have fun and I hope this gives you a nice little mental boost.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Ohhhh, I love shopping.....
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Great idea !!! I have to go school supply shopping for the kids . I think I may just have to grab something for myself as well.

Old Navy here we come!!!!
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

I got some new summer jammies today! Size x-small...was looking for shorts and shirts but didn't find much. There was an incredible price on tank tops at one store, 2 tops for $6.98! I tried them on but the ones that fit me in the waist did NOT fit in the chest...way too small, they must have been made for pre-teens...definitely not made for anyone with boobs. LOL
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #5  
Princess Heather

Lynn, this is a fabulous idea...but I will tell you that my DH will say Shopping has never been a challenge for me! LOL But I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:37 AM   #6  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

Default shopping

i hate shopping for clothes for me. seems like they are a style for a great-great grandma, or for a teeny bopper!!!!!

But, could use a top or two....and sales going huh?

hmmmmmm

maybe
tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #7  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm not ready yet. I had been wearing tight stretchy clothes which are now loose stretchy clothes. In another 15 pounds, they will be falling-off-of-me stretchy clothes and THEN I'll be shopping!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #8  
Katy66

New clothes always perk me up. One of the nice counselors at COD suggested to me one time when I was in a slump that I go buy a pair of pants that were 1 size smaller than what I needed. Well I did it and hung them in the closet in front of all the other clothes as a motivator to get into them. I can wear them now! So buy some stuff to treat yourself now and maybe something you can look forward to in 15 or 20 more lbs.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy66 View Post
New clothes always perk me up. One of the nice counselors at COD suggested to me one time when I was in a slump that I go buy a pair of pants that were 1 size smaller than what I needed. Well I did it and hung them in the closet in front of all the other clothes as a motivator to get into them. I can wear them now! So buy some stuff to treat yourself now and maybe something you can look forward to in 15 or 20 more lbs.
That is a great idea. My cod told me to go treat myself to some new clothes. I did a few weeks ago when I hit 10lbs. Now lost a total of 15 and my capri pants fit me. I may have to go get a few other items one size smaller to inspire me!

I am suppose to reach goal by 12/18 thats the day I will be on a plane to go to Florida for Xmas with dh and kids. I don't know what I will pack I don't plan to wear my current size! Dh well you may just get to buy all new things thats all. That sounded like permission to shop , wouldn't you say?
Thought so.

I think I will buy the size I THINK I used to wear and hope that I am right.
coarse I told them i wanted to lose 60lbs when its actually 75lbs.figure I can add on a few more weeks or get it off with out paying xtra for it.
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #10  

Took your advice Lynn. Went to Kohls today and among my many bargains was a jacket that was originally $50 marked down to $8.00 and a pair of shoes $45 marked down to $9. Oh and a king size comforter set that was originally $189 marked down to $52.

Kohls is always having sales but I love to check the Gold Star racks that can sometimes be 80% off!

I wonder how many calories the Happy Dance burns off?

Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

I've been lucky enough to have to get new clothes from very early on. Since I wear a uniform, I've had to buy new jeans to go with it... I've been buying some new shirts lately, to replace the REALLY big polo style shirts..

Liz just bought a bunch of new stuff from Eddie Bauer as well. The smaller sizes look really good on her!

Now I'm just waiting for the Ralph Loren Polo stuff to go on clearance at Dillards. When their rugby shirts went on sale in March, I picked up 90 buck shirts for something like 20 bucks...

I've always wanted Polo stuff, but could never afford it or justify the look...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #12  
New mommy again :-)

Okay Lynn...you twisted my arm...I'm going to the mall right now because you told me I have to.

Seriously...Bye, bye...I'll check back with y'all in an hour...
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #13  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

I'm a clothes nut -but keep in mind I'm a MAJOR jeans & tshirt/sweatshirt person.
I went through my Tshirts last night - I found some that are 10-13 yrs old, I kept them because I can fit into them again !!! And I have an addiction, I'm addicted to Tshirts. I have approx. 50 of them left, that's after I boxed up some that are too big now :-)

I worked at Old Navy for a short time last year - I have 3 pairs of cargos and 2 pairs of jeans I can wear in about 10 lbs. Not to count the 10 pairs that I can wear now....

I have approx. 20 sweatshirts stacked up, waiting for fall :-) Although by then I hope to be able to give some of them away... too big I hope !

I have 1 fitted button up shirt... :-)

NO clothes shopping for me until I reach goal - I have plenty to last until then. So maybe I need a shoe fettish until then to motivate me? (of course tennis shoes !)
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #14  
New mommy again :-)

Ok, I'm back. I bought a pair of black capris - size 10 - for $11.99 at B.Moss. The best part is that I normally cannot buy anything in that store because their clothes just seemed tight to me. But I tried on 3 pair and 1 shirt and they all looked good! Thanks, Lynn...this was a great idea!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #15  

I know this isn't marked down summer clothes, but I just have to share the great deal I got on bras at Kohl's this weekend. I bought three Vanity Fair bras for $13.05 each!! AND, the best news is that I could actually buy bras IN THE STORE. Before LAWL, my cup size was so large that I could only get bras online or from specialty shops. They were a lot more than $13.05 a piece, too!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote