Old 07-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm bruised and broken...

but not defeated after falling off my wagon. It seems like it always happens when I get a bit under my belt. This time was no exception. 20+ pounds gone, doing well with planning and logging and attempting to add in exercise. I'm not sure really when it happened. It was so gradual yet abrupt if that makes sense. For the past week I've been trying to get myself to get it together and I'm still struggling with it. I've done well today with my eating but I don't feel like I'm in control. I know what I need to do and how to go about doing it but my mental barriers keep going up. I've even tried talking to myself and everything but I'm just not finding my happy place for healthy eating and weight loss. I am still here and I'm struggling something fierce but I haven't given up yet.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Ack... I've been there. Heck, I've lived there for years! I know that there isn't anything that someone else can tell you to take down those mental barriers, but know that we're here pulling for you!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You may be a little bruised, but you are by no means broken. You hear that?!?!?!

It IS gradual, yet SO darn quick. It does make sense to me. I know cause I've been there a kijillion times. I tell you this because I want you to know that you don't have to stay there. One day it will "click" for you. So you just keep on trying, and never ever give up, cause' you don't know which time is going to be THEE time for you. It could be the very next try. The very next try. Now wouldn't that be something? Just think about it ....
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

The good thing is you haven't given up, I did and it took me 11 months to get back on track. Think to yourself if you don't do this what is going to happen in the future? I hope you are able to work through this and look forward to one day seeing some great progress pics.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I've been there as well. I think for me I finally just got so tired of being sick and tired. I had to have a serious talk with myself about what I wanted my life to be. Was I content with watching my life pass me by or did I want to participate. CC is right we will all support you, but you have to make this decision for yourself. Nobody can make this choice but you. I hope this doesn't come across as harsh because that's not my intent. I'm just telling you what a very good friend told me that finally got me thinking about my life. You have to reach the point where you no longer want to settle for the way things are. Don't ever give up - keep fighting!!! You can do it!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

I feel like the difference between my weight loss journey this time and my many other abortive attempts has been my willingness to recommit. Before, I always thought I needed to be perfect, and when I wasn't, I decided that it just didn't matter then. Wrong attitude, of course, and one that you certainly don't seem to have. Nevertheless, I have developed some strategies for recommitting that I wanted to share, 'cuz we all know how tough it can be.

1 - I watch Inside Brookhaven Obesity Clinic - either A&E or TLC, can't remember which. When I think to myself that being fat is not so bad, I come here to convince myself that I'm wrong. Continuing to gain weight will result in some of the serious medical problems these courageous patients suffer.

2 - I do a google image search on morbid obesity. These pictures help convince me that this is not what I want for my future.

3 - I look at my before picture. Not a lot of difference yet, but enough that I know I'm headed in the right direction.

4 - I try on clothes from my closet that barely fit me or didn't fit me previous to this journey. I have held on to a skirt for four years that someone gave me because I loved it, but it never fit me. Now, I wear it with ease. I do not want to put that skirt back into my "doesn't fit me" section.

5 - I've enlisted my children to remind me that I need to exercise by inviting me to do active things with them or to help me make better food choices. I have asked them to keep candy / cookies, etc. far away from me when they have them. Their participation reminds me that I want to continue to be able to enjoy them - and then their children - so I need to take care of my health.

Just some thoughts to help you get re-invigorated. The fact that you're asking for help means that you are nowhere near ready to give up. I keep remembering (and craving) your gorgeous birthday cake. With your culinary talents, I know this is a battle you will win! Please keep us posted.

Laurie
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hey at least you caught it before too much time went by!!

*** sending positive vibes your way ***

and PS: We're about the same size, give or take, so where do you get off having those AWESOME CHEEKBONES????? hheheheh i kinda wanna smack you i'm so jealous
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #8  
Happy New Rears!

Hi barbygirl Just that you recognize something is wrong is half the battle, you're going to get on track and do great. A whole bunch of people here are pulling for you and here for support when you need it.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #9  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Even though I am mainly experiencing good days, I can honestly say that there hasn't been one day that I haven't struggled for control so I know what you're going through. But the important thing is that you're not giving up! You will get there as long as you keep trying!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

There is a lot of things in my life right now that I have no control over, but I have made up my mind that what goes into my mouth is COMPLETELY under my control and I use that as my determination to stay the course. I hope you can find what works for you.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Thank you ladies so much. I pulled out my notebook and wrote out my meal for today (well as soon as I call and find out what Jeff's cooking for dinner I'll have my menu complete for the day) and I bought healthy (well healthier) foods for lunch today.

If it will stop raining, I'll go walking on lunch break with some coworkers. I have a yourself fitness program that I've been putting off getting back into on the Xbox and I'm going to pull it back out today and making exercise more of a priority and hope that helps to keep me on track.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #12  
Happy New Rears!

How are you doing today, barbygirl?
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #13  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well, goodness...it sounds like I might have echoed you in another thread I just posted. We are going to make it....if we just keep at it. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other gets us to journey's end. Hope you are doing better today.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

You can do it. I struggle every day too!!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

You know, I didn't post a reply on this thread when I initially read it. I think it might be because I thought I wrote it.... Same with the thread you had, Ritzy. I'm with you both. Summer is just kicking my butt for some reason! Anyway, I'm stepping up the program. I am putting it on the FRONT burner rather than the back burner, and getting back on track. We can do this!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote