Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Those of you who weigh

yourself everyday just for your own good, like putting it in a journal or whatnot, what weight do you right down? I weigh myself first thing in the morning and then when I get home from work. LOL! I weighed 186 when I woke up this morning but was back to 188 when I got home. After my workout I was 187.5. Can you tell I love my scale? So, should I write the 188 or the 186? I am thinking 186 since I always do my weigh in on Sunday first thing in the morning. (And I am LOVING that number!)

It doesn't mean anything to me until Sunday but I was just curious what you would do.

And I know I'm obsessed with my scale but we have a love love (not a love hate...yet) relationship so all is well.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #2  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

I would go with 186.Your morning weight is your true weight.During the day you eat and drink,so thats why you would weigh a little more
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

ITA. I'm loving what I'm finally starting to see, too. I sneak in there and weigh more often than I should. However, I use Saturday morning as my charting weight. Sometimes it is as much as a pound more than 1 of the days during the week, but I use it just the same.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I weigh every day but I write down the weight first thing Monday morning. I used to weigh in on Saturdays, but I noticed I used it as an excuse sometimes to be less strict on weekends, as I had the rest of the week to "make up" for it. I do like weighing every day to observe the patterns.
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I weigh myself naked every morning, after I go to the bathroom and before I shower. To me, that's my "true" weight - empty tummy, no clothes, etc. Just me in all my glory :P

I also use a neat tool on google to track my moving average weight, which gives a better picture of the general trend of my daily weigh ins.

Like you, I weigh every morning (curiousity!) but only "weigh-in" once a week, on Thursdays.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Most people weigh less in the morning because they are dehydrated slightly from overnight. So if you weigh in the morning, do it after you pee and before you drink water or coffee (because an 8-oz glass of water or cup of coffee weighs... well... half a pound!).

The important thing for recording is that you always weigh at the same time of day wearing about the same clothes.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm the oddball because I write down my evening weight. For me, the important number is what the scale reads if someone asks me to step on it in the middle of the day (since no one seems interested in showing up at my house first thing in the morning for the naked, pee-free, slightly dehydrated, pre-breakfast weigh-in ). It's the middle of the day number that my doctor writes down in my medical chart (although I have to fast for 12 hours before my next appt, so I should have a nice low weight for that one ) and it's what my trainer writes down. And that middle of the day number is usually closer to my evening weight.

My morning weight is already 114-115 lbs, but I really want to be at goal for my middle of the day weight.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #8  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I tried this little experiment and it seems to be working. I wear a ring on my right hand middle finger, when I get up in the morning, I tug it to see if it comes off easily, or if I have to struggle. If it's easy- I weigh, if it's hard-nope not today. Works almost every time!
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Blue to Blue....i am starting to think like you. I weigh less in the morning than in the afternoon. I am always up 2 to 2/12 pounds by evening. If i stepped on the scale in front of someone, they are not going to see my 154...they see my 156.5 or 157. but my morning weight does keep me motivated.

To answer the question though, i write down my morning weight. I change my ticker whenever my weight moves down though. I always "weigh in" here on fridays but if i am not down on friday and i am by monday, i will go back to the weigh in post and repost my new weight. But every morning, i write down my weight on my calander so i can see how my weight can fluctuate from day to day. And i always write down the morning weight after using the bathroom and in nothing by my panties.

But if anyone ever ask me how much i weigh....i tell them the morning weight...even if i have fluctuated back up a pound or so that morning!!! I'm just sneaky like that i guess!!! hahahaha.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #10  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I always give my morning weight after I have gone potty, and in the underwear. It just makes sense to me because that's your REAL weight without all the added weight of the food you ate. Because I'm telling you I probably eat 8 lbs of food throughout the day with the diet I'm on. I'm serious and then add water to that weight. YEESH...I HATE nightly weigh-ins. That's why I asked my weight-loss class leader if I could take my weight in the morning (since my scale is calebrated with theirs) and use that one.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I only update my ticker and stuff on Sundays. I'm getting tired of 188 that's for sure. The other day I was down to 186 then I was 187.5 but in the afternoon I seem to ALWAYS be 188. Can't wait to get rid of that one!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #12  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

I also record only my morning weight, but I weigh much more often than that. I figure my morning weight is the only one that will be consistent (and its the lowest so that always makes me feel better). I weigh and record every single day and love the graph that I have created, it makes it obvious that the weight really does have a downward trend despite daily fluctuations.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #13  

As everyone has said, just keep it consistent. If you are recording your weight every day, write down your morning weight each time (or evening, or afternoon, or whatever works for you).
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote