General chatter - ****'s Kitchen

View Full Version : ****'s Kitchen

cbmare
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone surprised that Mousey Melissa got booted?

How did you like Rock's tirade? I think that is why he was taken to the photo shoot to pick up the garbage.

The men's team was dreadful.

SoulBliss
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I wasn't surprised by Melissa and was glad to see her go. Her elitist and bit*hy attitude was irritating. As far as Rock is concerned, I was a little surprised, not by his reaction but by how long his tirade went on!

I have hopes that Julia will win!

vealcalf2000
07-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I was SO glad Melissa left. She only seemed good at bossing people around-when it came to actualy cooking in a resaurant she fell flat.

I'd like to see Julia win too. Think she just needs to reign in her emotions some more and handle the critisizism.

Lovestorun
07-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Love the show :hug:

I agree I too was glad to see Melissa go- and Rock can
you say childish!!!!!! I also would like to see Julia win I
believe she has the right attitude.

cbmare
07-11-2007, 03:19 PM
ITA about Julia. I was surprised to see Gordon railing on her so much. She must have been exhausted because she was beginning to fall apart.

Buck up, Julia! We're rootin' for ya!

Pita09
07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm glad Melissa is gone as well. She drove me nuts!

I felt so sorry for Rock having to go the photo shoot to pick up the trash. That was way uncalled for in my opinion. But good TV! :D

cbmare
07-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I really thought Josh should have gone before Brad.

I can't believe Bonnie wanted rabbit on the menu when she's never cooked it. I was glad to see Gordon ask Julia what she'd like to see and then allowed the steak and shrimp. I think that was one thing that kinda saved them.

How did you like it when Julia pulled the fish carcas out of the box and asked, "Where's the rest of the fish?" I thought I was going to hurt something because I was laughing so hard.

Bonnie kinda messed up on receiving the order.

Do you think they plan the outings based on which side wins? While I would love it, I don't think those ladies would have liked paintball.

Slashnl
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Mare, I wondered the same thing about the rewards. I don't know if the guys would have really enjoyed the photo shoot either.

SARose1961
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
What do you guys think, is Rock going to get booted next week. The sneak peak seemed to indicate that he POed Gordon and then at the end it shows him with tears down his face saying he's a big disappointment to his family?

I happen to like Rock.

:D

newFannie07
07-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I am hoping it boils down to Rock and Julia. Bonnie is too whiney for me and Josh messes up too much. I saw the teaser for next week, but didn't get the impression that Rock gets booted. Maybe thrown out of the kitchen for the night????

Of course, I can't decide who I like better, Rock or Julia, but I am partial to Julia because of her non-culinary backgroud. And she really studies her butt off to keep up!!!

Kerri

FitinTime
07-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah Julia is cool. She doesn't have an attitude.

cbmare
07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah Julia is cool. She doesn't have an attitude.

I think she does have an attitude. However, it is a great attitude and an incredible willingness to learn. I hope her kids (if she has any) see her as one determined lady.

FitinTime
07-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I think she does have an attitude. However, it is a great attitude and an incredible willingness to learn. I hope her kids (if she has any) see her as one determined lady.

Well you know what kind of attitude I meant.
I hope she wins! She sure impressed Ramsey with her steaks and everyone else.

NHmomof6
07-20-2007, 05:22 PM
:wave: New here.. hope it's okay to join in the convo...

I love ****'s Kitchen!

But honestly, I don't think any of them have what it takes to run one of Chef Ramsey's restaurants.

I like Julia, but infortunately, I don't think she has what it takes. I just don't think she knows all there is to know about food. The prize they're all going for is a fine dining establishment..... she didn't know how to cook scallops, how can she run a fine dining kitchen?

cbmare
07-20-2007, 05:56 PM
:welcome3: NH. Everyone is welcome here.

Yes, Fit. I knew exactly what you meant. :D

ITA that Julia probably doesn't have it. However, she is giving more effort than most. Probably because she has so much to learn. I can't see her running any restaurant that she owns. Perhaps management for someone else.

The very first winner didn't take the restaurant. Gordon offered him a chance to work and train for a year in one of his own restaurants. The guy took it. I forgot what's happened.

Someone, I think on this board, was in Vegas and ate at last year's winner's restaurant. Apparently it left a bit to be desired.

Clydegirl
07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Well I think Bonnie did Julia a favour putting her up. I would have loved to see her win but she didn't have the experience.

Great that Chef Ramsay is sending her to culinary school because I'm sure she will be successful. She should be proud of herself for getting that far.

newFannie07
07-24-2007, 12:19 AM
I got a bit choked up with Julia's elimination tonight and how kind Chef Ramsey was to her. What a wonderful prize to get a full ride to culinary school. She will do well. As Chef said, they need natural talent and she has that.
Now I guess I'll root for Rock.

Kerri

Slashnl
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I loved that Julia got such a great consolation gift. What a sweet moment that was!
I can't believe what a jerk Rock was. I don't think it was a fit of anger, I think that is how he really is. I don't like his attitude at all and especially how he talks about the women. He likes to tear other people down to try to make himself look good. Not a good leader.

cbmare
07-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I hope Julia can afford to go to school. Yes, he's footing the bill, but I'll bet she needs some sort of income to support her family. I hope she will be able to go. He did invite her back for the next competition. It would be great if she could come.

I really thought she'd do well at the school. She rocked! What on earth were those other cheftestants thinking?!

I don't care who wins now. Bonnie is whiney, Jen took food out of the garbage and the stress is starting to show on her and Rock is just mean spirited.

Slashnl
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I agree with Mare.... !

newFannie07
08-01-2007, 02:47 AM
ROck and Bonnie now. I knew Jen's mousiness was going to get her kicked off. But her food was always good. Just needs to grow a pair! Bonnie was the only one CHef said "good" at her first attempt at yelling at him. It's a tricky one. Rock is probably a better chef with more experience, but Bonnie is more creative and could run a kitchen if she could just get her head on a bit straighter.

It'll be a nail-biter!!!

KErri

iammare
08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I hope I can jump in here. :)

I said from day 1 that it's going to come down to Rock and Julia - I was so sad to see Julia go, but it's great that she's getting a free ride to someplace like the CIA. She'll do well - if she can afford everything outside of school!

As for the 1st winner of ****'s Kitchen - Michael - Gordon offered him his own restaurant, or a chance to train under him in London for 1 year. Michael took London. Apparently Michael had tried to get into Gordan's elite program for years, but had always been rejected. It is exactly what Michael wanted. Now he owns Tattoo in LA.

I can't see Bonnie winning - she's not strong enough to run one of Gordon's places. Rock is much better suited for the job.

freiamaya
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
After the Pasta Incident in the first or second episode (remember Jen fished pasta out of the trash and reheated it???), I KNEW there was NO WAY that she would win. It also bugged me that the contestants made a huge deal out of Julia being a pancake house cook. Like Bonnie has any credentials other than "Nanny/Personal Cook" (meaning a child care provider who also whips up meals...). Not to say that she isn't good, but her attitude at the beginning seems somewhat hypocritical.
As for Rock, well, we only see what the editors of the show want us to see. All reality TV is edited for maximum effect, to create the "good vs evil", "cheerful vs angry", "good person vs bad person" dichotomy that viewers thrive on. These shows are cast in this way, and edited to follow suit throughout the season. There is no way to determine if Rock is a jerk or not. Personally, he is the only one who is credible as a chef at this point, and he is driven to win. Hopefully, he'll get it. I am sure that the Red Rock resort, or whatever it is, has a huge say in who the chef is, and I'm not sure that their credibility would benefit from presenting a "nanny" as their executive chef...

Clydegirl
08-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Did anyone watch last night?

What was up with Julia? I was kind of surprised at the way she behaved.

Now we have to wait another week to see who wins.

Slashnl
08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I was kind of ticked off that it didn't end last night. I could have sworn they said it was the last one. Oh well. I thought last night's show was a little dull.
Julia was way too emotional. She has an amazing opportunity. She should be very happy!

Clydegirl
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Diane I also thought it was the last one but they're dragging it out another week.

metalgoddess
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Did anyone else wanna strangle Jen lastnight with her whiney "I love Bonnie" speech. Yuck. I can see why Julia was so emotional. She really wanted it and to see Bonnie get it probably really hit her hard. I hope Rock gets it just cuz Bonnie is so sure of herself and i can't see her running a restaurant.

newFannie07
08-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought last night was the last show. I know they said at the beginning of the show, you will see a winner tonight. Oh well. More for next week. I felt bad for Julia, but she really does need to pull it together. And yes, I rolled my eyes at the "Bonnie" speech. Jen is just soooo mousy. Drove me crazy. Anyway, I've liked Rock from the beginning and I think he has been the most consistent. Yes, he has a bit of a temper, but look at Chef Ramsey!!!!

Pita09
08-08-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm rooting for Rock as well. I liked him the most in the beginning and then he began irritating me by throwing tantrums and such. Then seeing him with his family I saw he is a good person and he wants this so badly and I feel for he wants it for the right reasons. Bonnie just wants to win and I don't feel she really deserves it the way Rock does. We shall see how the next service goes. The clips for next week looked interesting.