Old 07-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Chat, Wednesday 7/11/07

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO & A YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!!!!!

FIVE POUNDS DOWN!

Lauren/Roo/Lisa/Joan: You all really know how to make me feel special..... bananas.....cream pie..... nummy.

Ok, gotta go finish paperwork, curl hair and dry my butt (it's sweating below the cheeks for some reason) all before my happy campers return for their second day of duty!

EVERYONE ELSE-LOVE YA! MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #2  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

great job melinda!! 5 pounds I know how ya feel girl friend!!!!!!!!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

MO, CONGRATS GIRL!!!! In one week?? You are amazing!

Lisa, I would like it, but I'd probably eat the whole darn thing in one night, so that's out. At this point though, it's gotta be something that the bananas are pureed into, they're too soft for anything else. I'll probably magic bullet them and throw them in the freezer tonight.

Mornin' everyone!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #4  
Kalamazoo Girl

Lauren: Yeah, but it's been hard work...and it's really been 9 days instead of a week. A few ounces here, a few ounces there. I did cheat last night...I don't eat past 6:00 pm (preferrably not past 5:00 pm) and I ate a spoonful of avocado and 4 corn nuts! Bad girl, bad girl! But, something worked because I dropped 4 more ounces to hit that 5 pound mark! I also forgot to tell you that mixing that banana and some lowfat milk and yogurt with a protein powder (not sure that I've seen it around in awhile) by Myoplex-chocolate peanut butter. THAT would be yummy! MO

Sheila: Yup, I had to keep up with you and YOUR 5 pound loss girlie!!

GG: Where is u @ girlfriend? I miss you.

Love ya, MO
Old 07-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone!.....

Melinda: Youre Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...congrats On The Loss!....looks Like You Found The Meds That Work For You..i Am So Happy For You...keep Up The Great Work

I Must Have Missed Some Postings Yesterday Cause I Have Absolutely No Clue What You Guys Are Talking About With A Pie ; }

Anyways...i Think Protein Is The Kickstart To My Day!...i Think That Is The One Thing If I Dont Do Everyday My Weekly Weigh Just Doesnt Seem To Budge...i Was Informed That For A 1200 Calorie Diet (which Is What I Do) I Should Have 90 Grams Of Protein A Day...i Have A Very Difficult Time Finding Foods That I Like (i Am Quite Picky) To Be Able To Have 90 Grams Per Day...i Have To Say I Never Have 90 Grams But I Usually Can Get Down About 60 - 70...and That Is With 2 Protein Shakes Per Day....i Also Was Informed The Earlier You Can Get Something In Your Stomach (preferrably Healthy) The Earlier Your Metabolism Starts To Work....so A Banana For Me Everymorning When I Get Up....ok If You Are All Wondering Why In The Heck Is She Posting All This.....its To Response To Mo And Her Protein Drink She Recommended....good Luck Gals!......have A Great Day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #6  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default woohoo MO!

Yay, 5lbs huh? That's awesome...

Just dropping in to say good morning! Hope everyone is doing great, and having a great day. I'm alright, but off my exercise routine because I've hurt my foot somehow and don't have a doctor's appt til Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to find out what is wrong. knowing the navy docs though, they'll probably tell me it's a symptom of being fat.

Ah well, off to clean and do laundry.. have a great day, all!

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #7  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is doing well on this almost mid-July hump day. Can you believe that it's already almost half way through July? Where does the time go!

Scale this morning showed 206.5! That means I'm 1/2 pound from 20 lbs! I can't believe it. It all feels like it's been so fast. It's so amazing to me that I managed to let myself be so overweight for so long and yet with just a few lifestyle changes (the biggest being NO MORE FAST FOOD), in seven weeks I've dropped 20 lbs. I'm feeling great right now.

I want to tell you all that coming to this forum has given me a huge amount of inspiration and forward thinking. You all are so supportive and terrific, thanks so much!

Sheila & Mo - You girls are doing terrific! 5 lbs in less than 2 weeks, awesome!

Roo - You've been away a bunch since I started posting in this group, but I look forward to getting to know you. From what I hear you're a real hot commodity...LMBO

Lauren - Do you LOVE your magic bullet? I asked my mom if they're in the stores around her and she said yeah so I'm going to go and look at one while I'm down south. I have to order online up here, but it's $100 (you get two systems though). If I don't grab one while I'm down I'll order when I get back, I have a friend that would take the other one and we would both use them a ton just on our parrots, and I'd use it a lot for my new lifestyle. I love the idea of making my own fresh salsa in just a few seconds...is it really that easy? Also, do you think it works well for mixing shakes? I use SF, but have you ever used it for a powdered protein shake or something like that?

Check in again later. Thanks,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #8  
LBH

Girls...I LOVE my bullet!!

Tamara, I'd get the online/phone one, you get two of them, plus the blender/juicer, which I don't have because DH bought mine in the store.

I mostly use it for protein drinks. I have a big can of vanilla protein powder that I bought at BJ's...by EAS, I think. I think it's 20 gm of protein, 2 gm sugar per scoop. I add 1 scoop to about 1.5 c. milk, sometimes frozen fruit, sometimes a spoonful of PB and a shake of Ovaltine. YUM!

I also use it to puree stuff, like tomato sauce if it's chunky...because i don't like chunky sauce. Or veggies to hide in meatloaf. I did make the broccoli soup recipe in the book when I got it. It was OK, but I like my soup thick! Other than that, I haven't tried much. You do have to fanagle (sp) it a bit sometimes if you don't have enough liquid in there, you have to shake it to keep the stuff moving. It gives you little tips like that in the book, I think.

Tamara, congrats on the loss!!

Dee, GL with the docs!

Christina, I have some bananas on their way out, like 3-4 of them, and I was looking for ideas! 90 grams of protein a day is ALOT! When I was PG with #1, and doing the Bradley childbirth classes, the instructor told us we should aim for 80-90...that was alot! I think if you aim for 60-70, you'll be fine.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

Tamara: THAT IS FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!! TWENTY pounds? Wonderful!!!! That's great! Keep up the amazing work!!!! MO
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Congrats to the losers!!! I am up 2 lbs..Hmmmm..could it be 9 days of McDonalds/ChuckeCheese??????Ok--back to the ole grindstone!!!!

Lauren--I like to slice the banana and freeze it and then put it in a ziplock and the kids eat them like a real treat!! I do like the magic bullet to whip up them with 1/3 cup powdered milk, 1/3 cup water, banana, a little bit of vanilla and a pack of sweet-n-low and then blend with ice and it makes a great shake!!!

Tamara--Bed, Bath and Beyond or Kohl's has them cheaper(BBandB even has that 20% off coupon)

Ok--off to play..I will be sad come Sunday when the "rest of the family" is home and I go to work on Monday!!!
I take more vacation in August and then again for DisneyWorld in Sept(yes Lauren--we are going again at the same time as the IM's so will get to spend alot of time visiting..

In August, a nice family DH and I met in Belgium on our honeymoon is visiting us again--DH is their daughters Godparent--it will be fun and then Oct 2008, we are going to Europe to see them...Ok..off to entertain DD!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning everyone

mo , sheila and tamara congrats on the weight lose your going great!!!!!!

things here have been a bit nutty this week but i am keeping on track just taking it one day at a time. i am down to 161 so i treated myself to some new workout clothes.

well gotta run to get the housework done

adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Melinda 5 lbs.!!! that is great congratulations! This dude better treat you like like a lady or else....

Sheila sorry about DH, I wish I had words to say.

Lisa I am so happy for you! it is great you like the job, you will get use to the hours specially if you do like what you do and the people you work with

Karen I remember when Sean got his first bike, he loved it, enjoy!

Christina how are you gal? sounds like you are on the right track.

Michelle a big huge hug for you, you are terrific grandma, your daughter is lucky even thought she doesn't know it, one day she will turn around and see how bless she is. Where do you live? are you in southern CA. I want to help you, if you want PM me, is the baby on formula?

Lauren I love banana bread here is a great recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...ml?rsrc=search I have made this before and it dozen last more than a couple of hours, mmmm...

Sheila and Leigh I love ebay, I usually sell more than I buy, but I love it! I have gotten some pretty great deals when I do buy stuff.

Joan I am surprised you have not met any neighbors specially since you have all the trails, that is weird.

Hi Tamara!

Roo you are too funny! I love to see you around. How was the trip, did go back home the rout you were planning? I hope you enjoyed!

I had a horrible day yesterday, foodwise was great! eat pretty healthy all day. They called from school that Sean couldn't go home w/driver, he was out of control and very aggressive. I told the school to call DH, I am not driving yet. DH had to leave work and go pick him up 35 miles each way, that took a lot of time away from work. It makes me so sad that nothing is working for him I am loosing my mind!
The lady that had brought food several times in the last 2 weeks had been out of town, she is so sweet, she calls me yesterday in the middle of all the chaos with school and Sean to tell me she is cooking dinner for me and she is bringing it over at 5, I started to cry on the phone, she is an angel! She brought vegetarian home made lasagna. I asked her what she wanted me to do with the pan, since she is very very Kosher and I am not (the laws of kosher food are very strict, specially for those who keep their homes kosher), she tells me just to wash it w/a new sponge or I could leave it dirty (of course I would never do that) because she is coming back again with more food during the week and until I am 100%, it is nice to know how much people care. Oh by the way, she had a great thought she said I probably was not feeling well and feeling like I had the flu cause I stopped taking Vicodine all together, she thought it my had been a reaction to it, she could be right.

I am going to the Dr. today (today is 3 weeks, I can't believe it) I am a little scared to go see him, I have no idea what he is going to do or how, you know what I mean? Oh well, can't get out of it.

Everyone I forgot hello!!!

Have a great day! I will check in later.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone. Guess what I did last night. Backed my new van into the garage door. Do you know what happens when the back window hits the handle of the garage door? Glass goes EVERYWHERE!! Ugh. It's going to cost us $500 (the ins deductible) to get it fixed at an auto glass place. Hyundai wanted $756.12 just for the glass and $150 for the labor plus they would have had to order it. Going to the glass place will get it done today and they take the insurance. I can't believe I did that. DH was just glad it was me and not him. He's put the first ding in every other new car I've had since we have been together.

Melinda and Christie: Yay!! You are both so awesome!! Way to go on the losses!

I've been vaccuuming glass all morning so now it's time to go do my chores. I was just taking a cooling off break. Happy Wednesday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #14  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Karen - I can totally relate. I bought a brand new car on June 13th and I backed it into a truck on the 16th in a parking garage. The truck didn't suffer any damage, but I cracked the paint on the rear bumper of my car...

I have now managed to damage all three of the brand new vehicles I've owned within about a month of owning them! Usually it's silly stuff like what I did to this one. I've been in a few accidents as well but it's always the other driver's fault which is good because it doesn't increase my insurance premiums. Since this car is in it's first model year I'll wait for a year or two and if I have to replace the bumper I will but at least I won't have to buy directly from Dodge as there should be some after market ones by then.

At least you only have to replace your window and then it's all new again...it sucks even worse if you do something like that and it damages the actual body. The costs really add up then!

Hi Hanna...hope you're feeling better soon and can figure out something with DS. Your friend could be right about the Vicodine...I know there are a bunch of drugs that mess you up if you stop taking them suddenly. I hope you get it worked out and it's not an actual flu...I hate being sick in the summer.

MO - thanks for the kudos...you're doing pretty terrific yourself!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #15  
LBH

Karen, I have done a lot of stupid stuff to my cars. Every single car I've owned...except for this one, so far...I've left the windows open and gotten the car soaking wet! There's a place that comes to you, I think it's American Auto Glass, or something like that, did the windshield on my Alero for less than $200. Wonder what they would cost?