Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Unhappy *Sigh* Here it comes...

getting off my "high", so to speak. I go through this everytime where I feel for awhile, I can do this! Its going great! I love how I am feeling! I love exercise! Then it comes crumbling down. Those doubts start to creep in. And tell me I have so far to go, and that I will never make it. Why not just eat those cupcakes....and when that happens, I usually fall off. But not this time. I will NOT let myself go back....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/283/199

Height: 5'6"

The only way I am able to handle the 'voices' in my head that whisper all those negative messages to me is to take my life and my choices just one day at a time.

If I let myself obsess about how far I have to go, I can't see how far I've come.

Hang in there and stay focused, just for today. That's doable! And if you have a bad day at some point (we all have those days), just put it in the past and move on with your program. You can do this!
KCMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Good for you! You can do this and the rewards will be out of this world. It's like the old saying "Nothing taste as good as thin feels!" That cupcake may give you a momentary satisfaction, but just think how good you will feel when you are down a dress size! I have to talk to those stupid negative voices in my head all the time and tell them to shut and leave me alone. I think people may be starting to wonder about me, but I don't care
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I hate those voices! Remember that the negative thoughts come from the part of you that doesn't want to give up the food habit because it finds comfort there. But they are lying to you. There is comfort to be had on the other side of this journey-- just a different, non-food variety. Hang in there! And think how proud you'll be of yourself tomorrow when you realize you fought the negative thoughts and won!!!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
You have the right attitude. You can do this!!
Personally I would have to get rid of the cup cakes, just no temptation around for the first 2 months helped me alot. You have lost more than 20 lbs just think how good you will feel when another 20 lbs comes off,this usually helps me.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #6  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

C.C......Thank you!! Your post just struck a chord. That is probably SO true! I find comfort in food, and my emotions are missing that comfort. I am having more emotions today then usual. And in the past I would let them be comforted by eating something. I'm glad I found this board....I would have all ready given up without it. I can do this!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

You are right, you CAN do this!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #8  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

The voice in my head told me today to go to the convenience store next to my school and get one of those flavored coffees that come out of a machine. They are totally loaded with sugar and God only knows how many calories are in them. I haven't had one in over three weeks since school was out, and on my second day back I found myself in that store getting that coffee and sucking it down before my next class! Whyyyyyy did I listen to that voice when I had been vowing that I wasn't going to give into that temptation?

My only good news is that I didn't buy the Hershey bar that I picked up and read the label seeing the 10 grams of fat on the back and when I went to Curves I spent an extra 15 minutes there working out very hard to work off that dang coffee.

Hang in there and listen to the great advice everyone is giving you.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

OMG I know how u feel. Its so hard to keep those thoughts out of my head. But like the others said... U CAN DO IT and SO CAN I! One day a at a time.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

I know exactly what you mean.

You know, what's helping me is to remind myself that people actually CAN do it, because I see the evidence here. If they can, then why not me?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Exactly. My friend Doris has lost 51 lbs since Jan. If she can do, then I can. I just know it.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Get out of that ALL OR NOTHING mentality.

Remember that everything comes in highs and lows. AND in order to make this change, you need to accept them. The real danger is not, "Ugh. I don't feel like exercising today." It's, "I didn't exercise, therefore I am a failure and I might as well eat like a failure..." That's what will kill your efforts in the end.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #13  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Yes. I forced myself to exercise. And I haven't ate TO bad....I have had a lot of really good days, and I'm still in my calorie allotment....but I still hear that fast food calling my name....But I will get through this! Thanks for the support ladies!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #14  

It can seem like an impossibly long journey. But look at how far so many have come already. You can do this, too! Just take it one step at a time, and celebrate the small successes.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

You can do this. As others have pointed out - look how far you've already come! And you've conquered that mountain known as pop addiciton! If you can do that you can do anything. I've decided to follow the example of others here and set small goals. I think it will be easier to rejoice in small successes if I don't worry about the big picture. I'll look for the trees and ignore the forest for awhile!
balloonlady is offline   Reply With Quote