Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #1  

Default Women-Only

Whats the point of a women-only gym, when men can work there?

I wanted to go to a women-only gym because I'm very uncomfortable in the co-ed gyms.

I can remember the last time I attended a co-ed gym. I was in a dance class and the staff of men and gym-goers(men) were watching all of the women and point out the women they thought were cute.

I literally was disgusted, and decided to join a women-only gym, However once again there a horny staff of men working at this gym... Why??? Sorry just wanted to vent
Miss Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Crazy. i went to Curves a few years back and men couldn't even walk in the door.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, and I think I'd be getting a refund!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #4  
I See Less Every Day

First of all Congrats on getting to the gym.

If they are making you uncomfortable let the management know even a anonymous note/email etc would work. The owner opened a womens only gym so women can have a place to work out where they feel comfortable. If women arn't comfortable then they stop coming, and that means less revenue for the gym. GOOD LUCK!
clessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #5  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I would complain! I would point out to the management what should be obvious to everyone else. I went to a women-only gym for a long time. If there were going to be maint staff there just changing light bulbs, they would post a sign to let us know. "Men will be in the building from 10-11 tomorrow morning." The pool maint people were guys and ironically, the owner was a guy. We always had advance warning.

I think that hiring men for a women-only gym is misleading and false advertising. If you really hate it, I would ask for a refund and tell them why.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Crazy. i went to Curves a few years back and men couldn't even walk in the door.
Not the case anymore. Curves cannot ban men, they simply discourage them from joining. And in some cases, some men HAVE joined. Most do so just to prove some point, yelling for equal rights and threatening lawsuits. But of the ones that have joined, those locations say they never came and worked out. They just wanted to spend money to prove their point. ::sigh::

Besides, if they did show up, the ladies were all prepared to talk about their menstrual cycles and menopause during the entire workout.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #7  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
Not the case anymore. Curves cannot ban men, they simply discourage them from joining. And in some cases, some men HAVE joined. Most do so just to prove some point, yelling for equal rights and threatening lawsuits. But of the ones that have joined, those locations say they never came and worked out. They just wanted to spend money to prove their point. ::sigh::

Besides, if they did show up, the ladies were all prepared to talk about their menstrual cycles and menopause during the entire workout.
I think that in my state they ruled that they CAN ban men because it is like any private organization like the Boy Scouts or a country club.

I like the advice though....the minute you say 'vulva', men scatter.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote