Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/200/150

Height: 5'9

Thumbs down Rough Weekend

I guess I just need to vent. It has been a rough 2 weeks for my diet... and my sanity! Let me apologize before going any further, lots of ranting to follow!

Two weeks ago, my sister came home and surprised my family. A little background: My little sister (20) is serving in the Navy and currently stationed in Spain. It was such a nice surprise. I came home from vacation early (my bf said he had to work - but was in on the surprise) and my sister was there! Anyways, she came home, and it was bbq, followed by dinners out to celebrate, followed by the 4th. I totally blew my attempt at eating well and sticking to a diet. It was happiness followed by tragedy. My mom's friend passed away last Monday (she was 43 - cancer), so needless to say, last week was chaos in my house. Saturday, we took my sister to the airport...she's heading off to Kuwait. Needless to say, it was not a very friendly few days for an emotional eater... I wasnt horrible, but I definately didnt limit myself like I should have.

I need to get back on track. I feel so derailed right now and I just can't find my motivation. I get so mad at myself for falling off the wagon... I know someone out there understands exactly where i am right now.

As things get back to normal, I have to get back on track. Any encouraging words???
Nikki5184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

That does sound terribly crazy. I would not have faired well either. Too much chaos and my plan goes out the window.

After the whirlwind, I always try to put it in perspective of, ok, if i dont go back on plan today, what are the consequences...that by the end of the week i will be 3-5 lbs heavier than i am now. By the time i ask myself that, i am usually 3-5 pounds up already.

Today is a monday...take advantage of that..."i will start on monday" mentality. Get going gal.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

15 pounds LOST!!! There is your motivation!! You lost 15, you can lose another 15. Just get your butt in gear. The festivities are over. But now it is time to sit down and plan out your day. It's never too late to get back on track. I thought i had a worse Saturday than i thought i did, but that didn't mean i let it ruin Sunday too. It's okay that you celebrated with your sis and family, but dont' let that ruin the rest of the week. Good luck!! You can DO IT!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Living your life and enjoying tmie with your family is more important than sticking to a diet. I'm sure that you could have probably made better choices than you did... but don't beat yourself up over it. Don't remember that time as "the time I screwed up on my diet," think of it as, "the time my sister came home as a suprise and we had alot of fun."

Just accept the fact that you messed up, and get right back on plan.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/200/150

Height: 5'9

Thank you so much for responding and giving me a little kick in the butt. I just felt like the Diet Express fell right off the tracks! I guess we all feel like that at one point or another...If I don't get back on track now, when the heck am I going to start?

I love this forum.
Nikki5184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

Hi Nikki.. I am proud of you of your tough mindset on staying on plan during the tough week. It shows you got strength and from seeing your ticker, you are doing great! I can't last a day with a plan from my daily family duties. Keep on plugging along. You sound like a very determined woman and Keep up the good work!! You can do it and on your way to a healthier you.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote