Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 02:01 PM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Anyone else using Phentermine?

I just started a course of phentermine to help me shed some of the excess weight. I'm not expecting miracles, but I would like to get 20-30 lbs off to ease the stress on my back and joints.

I am only on my second day, but so far it appears to be suppressing my appetite quite well, allowing me to eat a lot less, reducing my impulse to snack, and letting me really concentrate on my binging tendancies. ( I binge a LOT when under stress, and have been under inordinate amounts of stress lately.)

I am wondering if anyone else has used this in the past, and if so, what opinion did you form of the med? Was it helpful? Did you have problems with side effects?

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2001, 11:44 AM   #2  

Kat, there is a post under Diet Plans for phentermine. It also appears that it is the same pill as Fastin. I took it years and years ago,my problem is consistency. I took it for a week, then quit, I hate pills of any kind. But anyway, just thought you might want to check out the thread.

Ruth
Old 12-29-2001, 09:25 PM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Ruth.

Its been two weeks now and I'm down 8lbs! Its a drop in the bucket of about 80 lbs total I have to go, but any movement in the right direction is a help.

So far, the side effects have been minimal. Its a tool and not a quick fix or miracle solution, but if it can help me make a 20-30 lb dent so I can stabilize there for a while before tackling the next chunk, I'm more than pleased.
Closed Thread