LA Weight Loss - :LAWL Losers and Friends - July 9-July 15

Pages : [1] 2

Lynx
07-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I am reading about renewed and continued dedication. Let's all keep it up and go strong. We all have a finish in mind.... Have a great week!!!!

amy2liz30
07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, this week on Wednesday is my 35th birthday.
How am I celebrating?
I am going to a Team in Training meeting about walking my first marathon for the leukemia and lymphoma society. I am beyond excited. Then we may head to my favorite restaurant.
That is about all folks for today.
amy

KrispieD
07-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Happy Bday in advance Amy. Have a great day!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I am still battling the sclae and none too happy about it. Will start another week of the exercising etc and see what happens. But as always remember to put some spare change aside for my bail fund.. NBC interrupts this broadcast to report a young blonde (okay not so young) is throwing her scale off the over pass onto the highway in the hopes of seeing it run over by a Mack truck.. she has been arrested and charged with assault and battery on a dang sclae.." and now back to our regularly scheduled programs............

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Morning all. Kristen--go ahead and toss mine too.

Nothing newsy--just wanted to pass this along for Katie

Katie--this was on today's Hungry Girl e-mail and I thought of you:
***Do you have a children's story or book idea that you'd love to see published? General Mills and Cheerios may be able to give you your big break. The Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories Children's Book Contest offers the winner amazing prizes, including a chance to have his or her story evaluated by Simon & Schuster. Click for the 411. http://www.spoonfulsofstories.com/ourCompany/SpoonfulsStories.aspx

KrispieD
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
How about a children's book where the evil monster lurking under the bed.. is a big, white SCALE!! The thought of that sends me running scared every day!

Katy66
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Good morning all! Here is to good weight loss week for us all!!!!!!!

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Morning all!

Kristen- Totally unfair. Maybe you should strap your sclae to a missle headed to Iraq.

Dan- My DH had to drive to Cedar City, Utah, last week to pick up a car for his work. He said that the fire burning across the hillside was really something to see. We had a big fire last week, but it only took a couple of days to get under control.

Lynn- Thanks for starting us off!

Amy- Sounds great!

So, I am having pool drama. I bought and paid for my pool on Friday morning on ebay. Last night, I received and email from Paypal that my money had been refunded, and a note from the seller that the listing was an error, that they would never sell a pool for that cheap. There were 3 pools listed, and 3 buyers. I have contacted the others buyers, and we are fighting it with ebay together, but I am not holding my breath.

I am have been POP for one whole day on my new plan. Last night I made the best treat ever. I made cook and serve SF, FF chocolate pudding. When it had cooled quite a bit, I spooned 3/4 of a cup into a bowl (D), topped with 1/2 c SF, FF vanilla ice cream (S), topped that with one small sliced banana (F), and topped that off with 10 peanuts and 2 T of flaked, unsweetened coconut (2 fats). Oh, baby, that was soooo good! I mixed the leftover pudding with 2 T coconut and 1 T of walnut gems and put it in the fridge for another day. German chocolate pie, anyone? The coconut and the ice cream are on the "Consume infrequently" list in the new plan book, so that will not be a daily occurrence, by any means, but what a great treat.

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Morning Katy!

Lea Ann- Thanks so much for the link! I have 2 stories that my daycare kids beg me to tell them. I will definitely look into it!

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 09:16 AM
morning all,

kristen, while your tossing, would you like to toss mine to please.....

although mine hasn't been quite so evil - its not showing a gain, but its not showing a loss either.

by the way Kristen, 100 laps in the pool - I agree with Wendy, maybe you are water logged. Just out of curiousity - how long does that take you to do 100 laps - I gotta give you credit. I don't think I could do it.

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Dan--you need to get to Utah and put that thing out--they had to close one of DH's stations (natural gas!--I think it's pretty close to the AZ/UT border in Klagetoh?) because of smoke and proximity of flames--if that thing blows it's gonna be a big boom!

Katie--when you get published you can put us in the dedication! They should have a public voting--you'd be a shoo in with all your 3FC/LAWL pals.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-09-2007, 09:39 AM
GRRRR....Posted this on the wrong dang week! LOL

Good Monday morning everybody! I'm here for an official kick in the tushie! I havent posted all week because we've been on vacation. Its a miracle but I'm only up 2 pounds this morning from my last WI. I say its a miracle because I cant seem to get the munchies under control!!! UGH!!! I made the decision when I started back after the TT to not start stabilization until I could maintain my weight for a couple of weeks. I cant keep the scale from jumping around if I dont get my butt back OP! Soooo to me and all who are struggling, heres to a new week!!! The game is on!!!

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 09:40 AM
you've been on vacation--we'll cut you some slack--lol.

equinetcan
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Happy Birthday Amy!

You are one day off from me as it is my B'day tomorrow and I am also 35.

Small world!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Good Morning all - Make it a POP week !!! I know I am going to be giving it my all to stay POP ! I have been so BAD !!! :mad: New week, new day, new attitude :carrot:

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Kim - not to worry - it seems to be evil scale week. Kristen is ready to throw her scale off the overpass .... and I would be happy to give her my scale to toss as well.

These scales are just evil and are trying to take over our life. We have to be strong and not let them do it. We can overcome them!!

Amy - happy birthday!

CandlePrincess
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning all!...After a semi OP weekend I'm back in full force today! My goal is to be in the 270's for WI on Wednesday. Although to be quite honest I'd love nothing more than to go gobble up the cheesecake muffins DH picked up at the store. DFS is off to daycare today and DFD is napping....I considering the same.....I'm in no mood to do laundry and if I go back downstairs right now I cannot promise those muffins will be safe....LOL Everyone have a POP day and I'll be checking by later!

bayoubelle68
07-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Okay, I've got to get back on the horse! For the past two days, I've been OP - not that I've been eating the wrong foods. I just haven't been eating. I'm tired of eating and don't like anything. I just can't bring myself to eat vegetables at all. I know I need to just go ahead and drink a V8, but I just don't want anything. YUCK! I've got to get back POP!!

4us
07-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi Everyone-
i am new here...I hope you don't mind me joining in. I have been struggling this summer to stay POP and it just isn't happening. I have gotten a lot of inspiration from reading all of your posts though so thanks! I wish I could get a little of that kind of inspiration from my COD but it just doesn't seem to be happening for me there anymore.

Have a great day!

christine

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Christine - jump in and post anytime. You are always welcome here.

I know what you mean about the inspiration. This group is great. I just discovered this group about 3 or 4 months ago. I don't go to a center, I am doing this on my own, and find this group is all the motivation and support I need to keep on track.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome Christine - Just jump on in !! :hug:

emmysmom
07-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Jump right in, Christine...the more the merrier!! :wave:

The sclae is evil...evil, evil, evil. I'll tell you why...I've been POP every day and exercising, too. Last Wed, I was 161.8..woohoo!!! Friday, 163.0 (huh?). Thought, okay, that can't be right...WI on Sat, 161.4 (that's more like it). Today...163.4 - okay, no way...step on again...163.4. Get a shower...still thinking that can't possibly be right. Got on sclae again...162.6. I give up!! I'm just gonna stick with Saturday's 161.4 and maybe go get a new battery for the scale? I just can't let that number run my life...it's like an obsession...

Joni135
07-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I made it to the gym this morning and my goal is to do 3 weight training days each week and at least 3 cardio days and 1 day off. I've got to do this if I'm ever going to change the shape of this body of mine.

Congrats to Felicia who one a cool cuisinart juicer in the Two Week POP Challenge. Deb (Nashville) donated the prize and ran the challenge! Three cheers for Deb and once she's in her new place, Felicia will be serving fresh juice to anyone stopping by to help her unpack!

Welcome back Kim...yes, the game is on and Lea Ann is your team mate!!! She wants to play!!! She really, really, really wants to play (she just doesn't know it yet).

Morning Heather...yuck...those muffins sound HORRIBLE!! blahk, vomit, puke, moldy nasty muffins. Do you still want one? Go pour some vinegar on them!! They are gross and nasty things.

Happy Birthday Amy and Alannah....

Amy - I did my first (and only) marathon with Team in Training...Awesome experience. I did mine in June 1999 in Anchorage Alaska. Which one are you doing??

Katie - sorry about the pool. I'm not an ebay expert so I have no advice, except to keep trying. Your dessert sounds yummy.....I got excited just eating a SF/FF caramel dulce (sp?) pudding cup last night. Not sure what would happen to me if I had such a decadent treat as you had.

Lea Ann - I'm jealous...a 2 week vacation????

Kristen - Aren't you just the happy camper this morning!!! I say your body is just going through an adjustment stage and things will start moving in the right direction soon. In the meantime, keep up with the exercise...it's good for you and your body really appreciates it.

Tina - I'm the same way with my scale..I have to keep getting on and off until I get the same number three times. I can move my scale over three inches to the left and weigh 2 lbs less. Yeah, that works for me....
I was pleasantly surprised to see my weigh in stay the same. I fear, though, that the movie popcorn I devoured yesterday is going to rear its ugly head tomorrow!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Christine-Welcome to the board! You'll make some great friends here!

Tina-Stack your scale on top of Kristens and let her destroy it too! LOL

Since the surgery I've been obsessed with the tape measure. It helped me keep track of the swelling in the first few weeks. My waist is 2 inches bigger in the evening than it is in the morning without fail. So even though the scale says I've gained a couple of pounds, the tape measure says my waist is still the same and thats a victory in my book! I've lost 10 inches in my waist and 12 1/2 on my hips since I started LA! Yay me!!!!

JerseyMadchen
07-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Good morning all... I have a quick question. I am sure Cassi will move the thread, but someone posted a question about lites in the snack thread. If you only do one lite a day, do you add a protein and a starch?

Thanks!

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow Kim, that is fantastic. I know what you mean about waist fluctuations. I always have a flatter tummy when I am OP. I don't know if it is bloating or what, but if I am eating like crap, my waist seems to be instantly bigger.

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Amy, well, lites are about 180 calories. I would add a starch and 1/2 a protein. Anyone else?

emmysmom
07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
That is absolutely amazing, Kim!! Do you have any before pictures? I'll bet you look like a completely different person now...on hot momma!

Katy66
07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
If I somehow add a starch I will skip my evening lite...seems to have worked.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Tina- I couldnt figure out how to put a picture on here so I added a couple of befores to my Picture trail site, click on the link and you can see the fat me! Only reason I can post them is because I DONT look like that anymore! woooo hoooo! LOL

Snowdogs
07-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Good morning chickies! Here's to a week of POP (or pretty dang close) for everyone.

I officially started the Labor Day Challenge and my new eating plan on Saturday. So far I'm doing pretty good. The scale is going in the right direction and I'm hoping it keeps going.

Weekend was good - worked Saturday at the kennel and then pretty much held the couch down until going to bed. Working at the kennel always drains me physically. It was a nice change though - I got to do grooming mostly.

It was 96 here on Saturday - Icky! With the humidity they said it felt like 103. I'm not a heat person! Which is why I held the couch down Saturday eve. The dogs didn't even want to go outside.

Yesterday we took a couple jet skis out to the lake. I actually tried doing a few things on them rather than just putz around. I had a blast and got soaked. Pretty boring day beyond that though - washed & cleaned out the HHR.

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Kim--that's fantastic!

Before anyone gets jealous over my 2 weeks off I have to clarify that this is not a glamorous vacation by any stretch. It starts with the inlaws reunion--we get along fine but somehow all the "outlaws" (I'm seem to be a ringleader in that area) end up doing all the work while the "family" visits so i usually end up slightly pissy before it'a ll over. I have vowed this year to clean up after my own family and that's it--there! After that we are heading to the Texas coast (think major heat and humidity--I better sweat off a few pounds!) for a whole lot of nothing (for me anyway) there will be LOTS of nightfishing for those that want--I plan to do a LOT of sitting in a lawnchair with a book-or 2 or 3. The condo has a 500 ft. private pier so I need to figure out how many trips back and forth will make a mile. Any mathematicians?? My sister is a new/hardcore LAWLer so that should help the eating. We are taking the girls to Padre Island for a daytrip to Schlitterbahn (sp) Beach--smaller version of their big waterpark--yes--I am going to wear a swimsuit--I've decided I won't know a soul and there will inevitably be bigger gals than me in smaller suits. So, not a resort but lots of time with the family (my folks, sister & BIL--lots of fun)

Okay--I have to get my self dressed. DD is having a "get-to-gether" with friends she hasn't seem all summer and they will all be arriving shortly for pizza, movie, nailpainting, and lots of squealing I am sure!

Later gators!

Can anyone remember the count for almond milk??

Joni135
07-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Lea Ann - Vanilla Almond Breeze
You can have 8 ounces of the vanilla Almond Breeze unsweetened milk as 1/2 Dairy exchange.

hollyak24
07-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Alannah & Amy, Happy birthday early. Enjoy your celebrations!
Karen and Kristen, sorry about the scales. I will save my former fast food fund for your bail money. My bil is a bail bondsman, so let me know if I should call him.
Katie, glad the new plan is agreeing with you. That treat sounds delish.
Kim (momofthreeteens), I have faith that you’ll be back down those 2 lbs in no time. Your story and pics totally inspire me.
Norissa, POP all the way!
Heather, take a nap. Step-away-from-the-muffins.
Felicia, drink your v8. It is a good first step.
Christine, sorry to hear your COD isn’t doing what it should. This is a great and inspirational group! Welcome.
Tina, I would definitely get a new battery. When I weigh at home, I always do it after my shower and before I have eaten. I find that it is all over the place even then.
Joni, good for you getting your exercise. I am starting Slim in 6 tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. It is tough to get everything into my day but I don’t want to be a smaller version of this shape. I want a better shape!
Snowdogs, it is hot and humid in Missouri too. I found the lake to be the best place to be outside over the weekend. At least when you get hot you can jump in and cool off.

I ate and drank some things that I shouldn’t have on Saturday, but today I am still down 0.2 compared to my Friday weight. I hope it doesn’t haunt me later. I plan to have a slimdown for lunch today or tomorrow just to keep myself in line. I am starting Slim in 6 tomorrow morning at the latest. I will be finished before labor day and might just buy a new swimsuit for the holiday.

Good luck to everyone on a POP week.

Joni135
07-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Amy - I actually responded to Jody directly since I knew her post was in the wrong place. I can tell you what my COD told me. I wanted to just do one lite a day since I was concerned about the crap in an LA Lite, but knew I liked the added treat. They told me if I cut down to just one LA Lite, I would not get any additional food. If I cut out lites completely, I would get a little extra protein (1/2P or about 2 oz of something) and a veggie.

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 11:41 AM
thanks for the info on the almond milk--I haven't had oatmeal in ages and I did the other day but I used water instead of the almond milk--yuck! I always said I loved my Weight Control oatmeal--but it was definitely the milk that made it so good (plus a few walnuts!)

JerseyMadchen
07-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks Joni!

healthy2b
07-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Everyone.....

Alannah and Amy:bday2you:

Kristen - you crack me up!:rofl:

Katie - your dessert sounds fantastic...your making me hungry

Kim - Awsome losses....what a transformation!

Heather - :dust: you don't want those muffins!

Christine -:welcome:

Snowdogs - I've always wanted to try jetski's ...but never have....they look like so much fun!

Katie - so sorry about the pool....I hope it all works out.

Joni - sounds like your doing great on your workouts.....I try to get to the gym at least four days a week and do something else two days at home like bike ride or play golf and make sure I do a lot of walking ...sometimes I don't get it all in...but I feel so much better when I do.

Boosmom - enjoy your vacation - and make sure it's a vacation for you too...not just everybody else....you deserve it.

lizababe
07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Good morning everyone!

I'm laughing about the sclae - I felt that way about mine last week. This morning we're back on the love portion of our love/hate relationship. Down 1.8 lbs since Thursday. Yay! As long as the COD scale says the same thing it's all good. Funny thing though, the COD scale shows losses that the home one doesn't.

It was a loooong weekend full of work but I stayed POP. It is difficult to eat everything in the plan on days like that. More difficult than saying no to fast food! I'm so glad I saw the V8 post in here before that marathon of work because that really helped me get the veggies in.

Back to work... Dan good luck with all of the fires! Hope you didn't get any alien stowaways in your luggage....

lizababe
07-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Morning Heather...yuck...those muffins sound HORRIBLE!! blahk, vomit, puke, moldy nasty muffins. Do you still want one? Go pour some vinegar on them!! They are gross and nasty things.

I forgot to say - LOL!!!!

Oh and Happy Birthday to all you Birthday Girls!

KrispieD
07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Liza.. you have GOOD sclae!!
Holly thanks for the tip on your BIL being a bondsman! As the oldies will tell you on the board several potential bail funds have been collected in my honor in the past when the sclae has not worked with me or when our COD ran out of Lites in the winter as they were 'stuck at the border'
Carrie, glad I made you laugh.. my relationship with this sclae has given me the odd chuckle.. or brief moment of insanity.
Alannah, Happy Bday in advance!
Welcome to Christine... we are funny, strange but all very wise so jump on in!
Nicole.. come out soon or I will hunt you down before I commit assault on the evil number monster!!
I am going to take my grumpy self and get in the pool for some laps.. maybe if I am getting waterlogged I could suck on a lemon while I swim to counteract the effects? I might look like a roast pig floating on a sea of crystal blue if I do that!!!
Go measure your lunches ladies and Dan!

bayoubelle68
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
On our way home from DD's first swimming lesson, I called our COD and said, "I have two wet, stinky kids in the car, but I need to come by and get bars. Can you have them at the desk so I can just run in and get them?" Susan - one of my favorites - said, "I can do better than that. Call me when you get here and I'll bring them out to you!" I really do love our COD - except for Bland Girl. She's the only counselor that neither DH nor I like. No personality, no encouragement...just bland. Everybody else there is spectacular!

Back to sorting, packing, and pricing! I will be so glad when we are in our new house and can have this crazy garage sale to get rid of everything that's cluttering up our lives!

Joni135
07-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Lettie - was it you potentially moving to Chippewa Falls? Could be your lucky place!

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. - Jack Allen Falkner is one lucky baby.

The son of Dan and Leslie Falkner was born July 7, 2007, considered by many the luckiest day of the century.

But Jack's luck didn't stop there. The infant weighed in at 7 pounds, 7 ounces, at St. Joseph's Hospital in Chippewa Falls.

Liza - I think you are the first person to ever say their COD scale is nice than their home scale! Either way, sounds like you deserve your loss this week after all the things you passed up!

Felicia - now that's what I call customer service!!

amylou7777
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone!

I have returned from my bday getaway to Lake Tahoe! It was SO much fun BUT I definitely ate way too much on Saturday. I made pretty good choices all day, except when it came to dinner. Mexican is my absolute favorite and I haven't had it since starting the diet so of course my dbf took me to a really cool mexican place up there. I totally blew it and definitely felt sick! I think the sour cream, guacamole and chips were just way too much fat at one time for me.
Anyway, we still had a great time and it was just beautiful on the lake.

Thank you all for the bday wishes!!
Tammie- hope you had a great one- I had always wanted to be born in 77 but it was 83 for me...wouldn't that be awesome?

Allanah and Amy- have a great 35th birthday!

Well I am off to w/i and am extremely nervous. I was hoping to be down to 266 to make it 20 but not sure if this weekend and good ol TOM are going to let that happen.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Lettie - was it you potentially moving to Chippewa Falls? Could be your lucky place!

Liza - I think you are the first person to ever say their COD scale is nice than their home scale! Either way, sounds like you deserve your loss this week after all the things you passed up!

Felicia - now that's what I call customer service!!

My COD scale is 4 lbs nicer than my home scale. Crazy, huh?

Dan2112
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Morning gang...

Been a busy day so far, but nothing I can't handle... I wanted to share a link to the many fires we have going in the western states right now... There are about 41 large, uncontained fires burning right now.. There's one on the map in New Mexico, but it was last weeks fire that, for some reason, hasn't been recorded as contained yet...

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/lg_fire2.php

The effects of the weekend will hopefully be light... When I travel, I tend to, um, retain things, so I'm hoping now that I'm back to being POP and a normal routine, things will even out...

Amy - How was Lake Tahoe? Did you see any of the fire activity going on there..

Sorry to dwell on fires, but it's that time of year for me and I tend to get a bit miopic about it...

Felicia - It sounds like you're keeping crazy/busy.. But the best part of that is that there's no time to eat crappy food!!!

Be one with your POP, people!!

KrispieD
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Okay I did my 100 laps in the pool and feel much better.. as long as the COD sclae cooperates on Friday :devil:

Dan2112
07-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Kristen.. Make sure you follow up your swim with some lean protein and light carbs.. That will help your body recover quicker and not let it retain the bad stuff within you...

Wish I had a pool to do some laps in.. I could use the gym, but it's not that easy to drop everything and do that..

lizababe
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Dan - good luck getting through the fires. I understand completely. There is something sick about us, but perfect for this business that we live for running on pure adrenaline when these things happen....

You can appreciate this I'm sure. I spent so many freaking hours in that chopper over the weekend only for the TV station to NOT USE ME! The kicker? I got compliments from two other stations who also subscribe to the feeds thanking me for the great shots of the beaches! So while one was doing it just to yank our chain and make us jump for them (contract is coming up for renewal) they ended up giving the competitors something to use for their news casts.

I'm just a lackey doing my job.

emmysmom
07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Lea Ann - there are 5,280 feet in one mile...so a little 11 trips back and forth would put you just over one mile...10 1/2 times, just under.

lizababe
07-09-2007, 01:46 PM
P.S. 3 hours to WI

bayoubelle68
07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
BTW, as of his last WI, DH has lost 36 pounds! That's an average of 6 pounds per week since we started! I'm so proud of him! Now if I can just out of my dirty blue funk and get back on track! I've got to find some fruits and vegetables that I enjoy!

cerwin4au
07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Hello to everyone. I'm new to this community, although I've been lurking around reading your posts for a couple of weeks. I joined LAWL back in April and lost 7 pounds within the first month, but then I started bouncing up and down on the same 5 pounds because I couldn't stay OP over the weekends - lots of travel for both business and pleasure. I'm hoping that over the next 3 weeks I'll get started back down the scale. Then I'm off on another week long trip.

Like most of you, I have been struggling with my weight since childhood and have tried everything. I've gained and lost 40 pounds many, many times. I think LAWL is a good plan (it's very much like the old Weight Watcher exchange program, which always worked for me) if you follow it (key phrase!).

Anyway, all that being said, I'm always looking for inspiration and I know I can find it here. I love the humor I see among you (news break about woman throwing scale off over pass - good one!!). There are also some great results among you - congrats on your successes and achievements!!!:cp:

I'm going to have to read up on the Labor Day Challenge - I see several of you mentioning it.

Karen - thank you for inviting me over to this thread.

JLem311
07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in for the day.
need to get my workout in yet. gonna do that in a few minutes. :)

hope everyone is having a good monday.
i'll be back later!

Katy66
07-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm jealous of the pool also. That is probably one of the few forms of exercise I enjoy:) Beats the heck out of walking on that treadmill to nowhere!

I just had a yummy RF Peanut Butter and SF Jelly sandwich on 2X Fiber Lite WW bread for lunch....it was wonderful. I'm so glad you folks told me about that bread!

My scales showed down a lb this morning so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm on the right track for my Friday WI. So much can change between now and then though.

Katy66
07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Welcome Cathleen! LA is a lot like the old WW exchange program...of course they wouldn't want to hear us say that, HA!

KrispieD
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Welcome Cathleen.. I am the guilty one that posted about tossing my scale off the overpass.. but trust me I may do it!
Dan thanks for the tips for after working out. Last week I only had proteins and vegs for lunch after swimming and really watch my carbs at night thus my shock/horror at the weight gain at the end of the week. I'm back in my happy place (take note Joni) so will continue to do my swimming and stay on plan this week and not let the little blue funk monster take control of my head again!!

Boo'sMom
07-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Cathleen--welcome! jump in--it gets crazy!

Tina--thanks for doing the math for me--pitiful English teacher I am! I can surely get in a couple miles a day while I am there. Maybe just being the beer runner for the guys will get me lots of steps--lol. I should pack my pedometer.

Felicia--WOW for DH--men suck (sorry Dan) DH was the same way--I got to where I couldn't go weigh in with him because I just ended up mad as ****!

(pat on back)--rather than bump up the exercise thread I will post here: Power90--sweat/abs. I started last Tuesday and got in 4 days last week (sweat & sculpt alternating days) and took the weekend off.

Hope all is well for everyone today--good to see everyone posting--it's when you hide that we worry!!

emmysmom
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
WendyII - where is your DH's annual meeting held?

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Cathleen, glad to see that you have joined in with us!

It can get pretty crazy here sometimes, but its always lots of laughs.

Kim (NewYork) did you get out golfing yet?

Katie - you must share your scale - if it actually measures a loss - I would really like to weigh myself on it. I think that you are about 8 or 10 hours from me. I am getting in my truck right now - I'll be there for breakfast.

Gotta get back to work here. I took on a project to do a slideshow of 30 years worth of photos for a fun golf tournament that we are having in 2 weeks. Its the final one - and I volunteered to do a slideshow - what was I thinking ...... it must have been the alcohol talking or something. Oh well, the biggest job was scanning all the photos, and now I am just about done fine tuning it all. I think its going to turn out pretty good.

Kristen - I will keep my eye on the news tonight for you ..... if your needing bail - we will be there for you!

Everyone take care - catch you later.

Prazteam
07-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi all! Am on the 'puter but again ONLY if I keep the phone off the hook and listen to the BLHHHHHHHHHHH! Good grief! If anyone has any suggestions to resolve this - I'd be ever so grateful!

Got us this morning and sauteed up a bunch of zuchinni and yellow squash in EVOO and fresh garlic (YUM!) Had a wonderful day yesterday, went to new church, met up with ods and had a great mexican lunch and then went by the outdoor veggie market and picked up a bunch of fruit and veggies for the week. Fresh picked peaches, tomatoes, canteloupes, watermelon, YUM!
Scale was up a pound this a.m. but it's TOM, so actually 1# is nothing compared to my usual 5-7#! (bummer)
Well, the BLHHHHHHHHHHHHH is getting on my nerves, so let me go before I take a sledge hammer to the 'puter and have to disappear for a couple months again!
Busy night tonight as I am closing and it's dollar bowling day! (YIKES!) Gets very busy and sometimes a little crazy with the lounge open...
I'll try and check back in later (if the 'puter cooperates!)
If I disappear you'll know it's the 'puter or the sledge hammer!

P.S. - I'll rent the sledge hammer out to anyone that needs it for their scale, sclae, sceal, whatever! :lol3:
Blessings,

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Pearl,

I am thinking it might be something with your modem, or the phone jack. I would try calling your internet provider and ask them. They should be able to walk you thru some steps to fix it.

Good Luck.

aguerin
07-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Hello Ladies. Another Lurker here. I enjoy the commentary also. Still trying to post my pic but it won't upload. I think my bosses have it blocked or something. My question is... I can't find any RF peanut butter. I have seen some 1/3 or another but not low fat or reduced fat. I think it was skippy. Any help? I did find the double fiber Natures Bread and will keep in in stock.

Katy66
07-09-2007, 03:32 PM
The RF peanut butter I buy is JIF.

Lynx
07-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Pearl, if you have DSL service (you are connecting to the internet through you telephone line) you need to check the filter(s) where your phone(s) are plugged into the wall. That would be my suggestion. The filter I am using is beige and is is labeled 900LCC. You can find them at Radio Shack or even maybe your local hardware store for a dollar or so. Hope this works.

Wendelina
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok.. for starters.. Mondays Suck!!!

Ahhh.. Ok.. had to get that out of my system! :D

Howdy-ho fellow losers! Welcome to a new week!

Welcome to Christine, Cathleen, and Dixie Chick! :welcome3:

Happy Pre-Birthday to Alannah and Amy! (oh, to be 35 again!!)

Lynn - Great positive way to start our new week's thread.. thanks!

Kristen- Back away from the sclae. Just set it down and back away real quiet like.. I don't want to have to get a restraining order or anything. Or maybe we should instead designate Sclae Throwing as a new LAWL sport?? Kinda like the shot-put. Heck.. you throw the sclae a few times and do your 100 laps you'll have biceps like "Aahhhnold". I could do 100 laps in our pool too.. but it wouldn't take long. It's only 6'x4' and 10" deep. :D

Katie - Good luck with that Ebay war, hun.

Kim II - Get back on track little lady! I'm with ya! Let's get POP'd! Great job on the loss of inches.. I need to get measured again soon.. it's been well over a month since the tape measure was out. Maybe you need to have someone hide yours too, so you aren't so obsessed with it? :dizzy:

Heather - Back away from the cheesecake muffins. Either that or throw them in the washing machine.. :lol:

Felicia - congrats on your POP award! I haven't been POP that long since I started this new life! How wonderful for your DH too! Nice loss!

Tina - I think your sclae is possesed.. you need to do an exorcism. Sprinkle it with LA Lite soup and yell "Out with Thee!!!". :devil: My dh's annual meeting is in Columbus OH -- which isn't too terribly exciting -- but he used to call me his "arm candy" and I'd really like to be introduced that way again to a room full of people that I haven't met before.

Liza - WTG staying POP all weekend. You amaze me! I don't know how you remain on plan while working your job. Your POP weekend has inspired me to do the same.. can you remind me of that on Friday morning?? lol

Dan - Do you get excited about fires the way surgeons get excited about rare and odd tumors that need to be removed?? You sicko.

Pearl - You could use a sledge hammer on your computer.. but I've found that a size 12 steel-toed work boot applied directly to the CPU usually does the trick.. it either breaks it completely, or makes you feel better just by kicking something that hard and NOT ripping off a toenail!

Karen - Don't give Kristen bail money! You're just enabling her rage. :D

Dixie - I'm prettysure my RF peanut butter is Jif also.

Hellos to LeaAnn, Katy, Norissa, Holly, Amylou, Jillian and anyone else lurking and not posting!! (We see you out there!!)

I feel so much better now.. why did I stay away so long??
Love to all,

aguerin
07-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks Ladies. I guess my real question is, does it actually say Reduced Fat or does it say Less Sugar? I think I saw a 1/3 Less Sugar.

My scale varies by the minute also. I think we need to go back to the old dial / spinner type ones. This digital stuff is all messed up. I took a bath the other day and lost two pounds. I guess I need to wash more often. :D LOL

CandlePrincess
07-09-2007, 04:14 PM
ok...i've resisted the muffins! I've done ok so far today. Planning chicken and veggies for dinner tonight.....so far so good!

Katy66
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Dixie Chick - Mine actually says Reduced Fat. Oh and one question - did you shave your legs while in shower? 'Cause I swear I'm a lb lighter after I shave:lol:

emmysmom
07-09-2007, 04:32 PM
My scale varies by the minute also. I think we need to go back to the old dial / spinner type ones. This digital stuff is all messed up. I took a bath the other day and lost two pounds. I guess I need to wash more often. :D LOL

Ahhh...so I DID lose 0.6 pounds after my shower this morning...I'll have to try to stay in longer tomorrow, while standing in bath water, and shaving my legs (right, Katy?)...that HAS to give me a good 3 pounds, don't ya think?;)

Katy66
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Yep, that should do it. Just remember to Shower and Shave before every WI:)

BarbaraB
07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Katy, A whole pound! And I thought I was a hairy gal! LOL

Welcome to all you newbies and lurkers

My weekend was pretty good, well except for a late lunch trip to the Sweet Tomatoes salad buffet restaurant. I went in there with most of my exchanges not eaten for the day and left with on serving of fruit left for the day. Thank goodness it was 4pm at the time and not eating for the rest of the day wasn't really a problem.

Kristen, I'm sure your scale is just up because you've been exercising so hard.. Seems to happen to me every time I really up the ante with the exercise. I know it seems unfair, but long term the exercise helps, and I find the gain (usually in the 2-4 lb range) to be temporary. I always had trouble with swimming since for some reason I would get crazy hungry when I did it, and there was a Burger King on the way home. I had a bad whopper to swimming ratio. It does really tone the arms and shoulders though.

Princess Heather, great on the muffin resisting. Every monday they bring in a whole bunch of them into my office and I have to resist. Last week I had 1/4 of one muffin for the first time in like 10 months, and thought it was a bad habit to get back into eating those (I caved for the chocolate with chocolate chips myself). So I'm also in the muffin (and they have those really tasty scones too) resisting.

To all you other 3fc LAWL people hope your day has been filled with good things

lizababe
07-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm back from WI at the COD... down 2.5 lbs since Thursday! Girls I think you need to come to San Diego and use that COD scale because it has been very kind to me!

BTW I have a lot of thick hair down to my bottom... how many pounds do you think that's worth if I were to go GI Jane?

bayoubelle68
07-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Liza - not enough! I tried that once - went from to-the-waist hair to barely-there hair. My head felt so light! I was so excited to go weigh the next day! There wasn't an ounce of difference from the previous day! LOL! Wishful thinking!!

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Wow, good job Liza!

Welcome all of you new folks!

About peanut butter, I bought some of the kind you grind yourself at the grocery store yesterday. I am already hooked. It is so yummy, and just peanuts, nothing else.

BabySteps
07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Do you all know what the new "LA Weight Loss Express" is all about? The comercial says lose all the weight you want, to goal for only $249.00 + cost of lights. Anyone know about this?

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow - its just Monday late afternoon, and there are already 5 pages. This has been a chatty group today.

Wendy - you really crack me up :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'm glad you feel better. Please don't stay away - we miss you.
You certainly gave me a laugh this aft.

Welcome to all the new members.

Congrats to the losers of the group .... wish I was one of them. I did shower and shave this morning - but I still didn't have a loss. So unfair.

Okay, I gotta go read the rest of the stuff thats happened while I've been working this aft, then go make supper.

I'll check in later.

lizababe
07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
And Karen, your post made 6 pages! Hang in there.. you'll be a loser too!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Liza - Congrats on the loss

Katie - I have never seen that "make your own PB" here Missouri - Sounds very interesting ! I hope it comes this way

Karen - You need to change your setting - LOL I am only on page 2 ;) I think its somewhere in your control panel --

SO far so good for me with being POP - although right now I am fighting a bad case of the munchies with a hot cup of tea :dizzy:

msbuckweet
07-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Hello Ladies!! I am new to the LAWL program. I am SUPER excited that you all have done research to find a low cost alternative to their expensive products.

I started at 250 and lost 9 lbs before joining LAWL. Since joining, I am down am down almost 7 lbs. I have not been perfect on my plan...lots of cheating. I am hoping that this list will help me become POP!!

I just thought I would share how I've doctored my bar for a dessert...this might not be new to you...but as a newbie I want to share.

Take a double chocolate bar and microwave it for 10-15 seconds...just until the chocolate is shiny. Top with 1 T fat free cool whip, 1 T light chocolate syrup, and top with 12 small or 6 large strawberries. You get your bar in along with a serving of fruit...AND IT TASTES LIKE YOU'RE CHEATING!!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

msbuckweet
07-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Can someone tell me what the next challenge is...or maybe the current challenge????:carrot:

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-09-2007, 08:14 PM
msbuckweet - there are 2 currents challenges going on -- here are the links to both --

LAWL Chicks to the Finish Challenge
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115877

Labor Day Challenge
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116693

Welcome aboard !

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
thanks for the tip Norissa,

thats much better not having to go thru quite so many pages.

Dan2112
07-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey gang...

Doing well and POP today... DD got her "green tip" belt promotion at Tae Kwon Do tonight and we said she could pick what she wanted for dinner.. So of course she said "Olive Garden".. *sigh*... Well.. Wish us luck!!

And for you ladies with hair "down to here".. Liz was like that, got it chopped and was down the next day at WI.. Dunno if the hair had anything to do with it, but it was a loss none the less..

Debbie367
07-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Good evening friends! I am happy to report that Monday is almost over! Today started out with a big fat + on the scale, which I knew was coming but I still didn't care for it :( I had to stick to my guns and go back to boot camp! Needless to say I am grouchy, hungry and I have a headache. Now miss bad attitude is going to bed and hoping to wake up in a better mood.
I've missed you all and hope to catch up on posts soon!

:dust:

KrispieD
07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Debbie today was officially grouchy weight gain, stupid sclae feel bummed out day.. oh yeah and the munchies... welcome to my world..
Nice thing is that when we wake up it's a new day!!!

We missed you.. welcome back!

Repo girl
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Alright you two, enough being naughty! Tomorrow, I want to see you both here bright and early with smiles on your faces no matter if the scale has you up 15 lbs!

Deb- Good to see you!

Msbuckwheat- Welcome!!!

LA Express? Not sure, I will check on Wed when I go WI.

Nicole- Where the heck are you? Do you think that being on vaca, staying with family, and having fun is any excuse to stay away? DO YOU?!!

Angie
07-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I was down 1.8lbs at WI today, yippee!!! I was thrilled, and thought it was very funny that they finally called me on some of my 'substitutions'. The counsellor was reading my diary and realized that I missed my dairy yesterday. So I explained to her that I put full fat sour cream (1Tbsp) on my 1/2 baked potato, and called that a dairy. The day before I pretended that jam was a fruit. Normally they are too apethetic to really give a care, so I thought it was funny that she called me on it. Probably good too, because I really shouldn't make those kinds of subs.

Katie -- I hope you have better luck with ebay than I did when I had a dispute. I had the same situation and they just made the seller refund my money. Her ad said 'free shipping to Canada', which was the only reason I bid on her item over others, but that turned out not to be true and she claimed to have no idea who put that on her ad. *whatever* At least mine was over a small item (and I've had 100 other very successful transactions with ebay'ers) I feel badly that you might not get your pool.

Kristen -- Maybe with your new exercise you're not getting enough calories? Or, alternatively, the explanation could be that there is a sclae overlord secretly plotting against you. Either way, I hope it turns around for you soon. ;)

TN Kim -- You can do it! Look how far you've come. Are you going to let those last measly 7lbs kick your ***? NO! NO! NO! You are one sexy and determined lady, you've lost 71 lbs already, AND you've got the cutest, newest, flattest belly on the block. Get out there and maintain. :cp:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALANNAH!! :HB:

Felicia -- What about trying to eat veggies differently than you normally do? How do you normal eat them, and which ones? Maybe some of us can suggest some other options that will sound more appealing to you now. Congrats on your win of the juicer!! Hey, maybe you can make some tomato juice, homemade... Hey, there is a bland girl at my COD too!

Tina -- It does sound like the battery on your sclae is fading, or maybe the scale is just old?

Joni -- I think I would have called that baby Lucky, not Jack.

Cathleen -- Welcome! :welcome2:

Karen -- If you upload the pictures to photobucket, its VERY easy to do a slideshow on there, just one or two clicks and you're done.

Pearl -- I asked my DH about your computer problem and he suggesting calling up your phone service provider to ask them if there is something you should set up differently, and if they can't help, call your internet service provider and ask the same thing.

I had a bad whopper to swimming ratio.
Barbara -- that was too funny! Was it the swimming or whopper eating that helped tone your arms?

Liza -- Great job on your losses so far! My dr's sclae is just evil, it's ALWAYS 6lbs heavier than any other. I would save the head shaving until you hit a plateau. Then I recommend doing a TO and cutting off about 10 inches. I'm sure you'll see a loss.

Msbuckweet -- :welcome: You've had a great start too.

TN Debbie -- Welcome back! I hope you feel better and ready to kick it up a notch tomorrow.

DenverChick
07-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi Gang,
Thought I would check in after being MIA for a while. I notice that in my absence Pearl has returned! Yeah! Pearl, you have no idea how often you name has been mentioned on this forum.

Hey there Angie - my WL twin. I am still trying to get it together. I have so majorly plateaued that I decided to put my acct. on hold until the beginning of August to try to get my head together. I hate the thought of wasting weeks when I am in such a bad space. I am however planning to meet with a hypnotherapist to see if he can help me regain my concentration.

Hi to everyone else. I miss you guys so much when I am not checking in!
And welcome all you newbies.

amylou7777
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey everybody!

Congrats to all the big losers today!
Liza, Angie and everyone else-awesome!

Debbie, Kristen--I'm with you! Up about 1/2 lb this morning...my first gain at w/i...not too happy! But I've been POP today and don't have too many distractions this week so no more excuses!

Dan- good luck at OG...not a lot to choose from!

Hi Libby-let us know how the hypnotherapy goes. I'd love to hear more about it. You should come around more often to get back in the game!

Welcome to Cathleen and Bucksweet!

Hi Norissa, Karen, Katie, Felicia, Joni, Tina, Jillian and all the other friends out there!
Britt are you back from LV?

lizababe
07-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Ok seriously when the great Sclae Revolt happens I wanna be there covering it in the chopper!!!!

So today the news gal became the news. Kinda. A boat full of girls not paying attention went over the sea wall and just a few feet from my yard. I was in studio and walking past the chopper feed and said "Hey, that's MY house!" After talking with the airborne reporter about it for a few minutes on the two way I realized I just let EVERYONE know where I live. Grrrrreeeaaaat. I'm very big on privacy because I don't ever want to have to worry about it. There goes that....

I got some more lite bars today and the pb ones are definitely different. Maybe it's just an off batch. For once they actually do look like what is on the box but the texture is different... more like chocolate covered marshmallows. I'm not complaining... just noticing the difference. I haven't had one of the chocolate crunch ones yet.

Thank you everyone for the congrats! I am just soooo happy today after the COD WI. My goal is the 10 lb mark by Friday. I can do it!!!!

Dan congrats to DD. Hope you got through Olive Garden POP! I think I'll keep my hair a while longer... at least until I don't need it to hide my fat bum and arms anymore!

slim n trim
07-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Karen -- If you upload the pictures to photobucket, its VERY easy to do a slideshow on there, just one or two clicks and you're done.

Thanks for the suggestion Angie. I have a software program that I can do all that with, its pretty easy also. My trouble is I am to damn fussy. If I am gonna do something like that, I want it to be perfect. So I have been fussing with it, and lining up certain pictures to particular words of the songs etc. I almost have it finished now. There is 138 pictures and 4 songs. Just have to get the menu page done now.

So, I am cooking supper tonight and the tv is on and I hear ..... we interrupt this program to bring you the latest breaking news ...... hmmm. I'm thinking - where did I hear that today.... that was kind of Kristen's introduction to her throwing her scale onto the Trans Canada Highway..... anyway ... good news is - it wasn't Kristen they were talking about. Instead, they were talking about that young girl from Medicine Hat that killed her family. I am sure it made national news - she was convicted of 1st degree murder on all three counts. Where that happened is just 90 minutes from where I live.
What makes someone so young do something like that??? Heartwrenching!

Anyway, I need to get off this computer, I have been on it all day and my eyes are starting to go buggy.:dizzy:

Hope everyone has a better scale day tomorrow.:^:

Night all.

4us
07-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I can't stop LOL about the scale being tossed off an overpass...I feel that way so often. Tomorrow is my WI and I have been MIA from my COD...I am not too excited about that. I am sure I will get my favorite counselor too :(

Ughhh!!! After reading around here though I want to go in and find out if I get a new plan!!!

Prazteam
07-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Thanks for all the 'puter advice! My boss the "guru" let me borrow his vehicle today for a few because mine decided to have break problems on the way to work today. While we were doing the drop off and pick up, I asked him about it and he said the modem is fried. The good news is he has spare parts from his hobby of building computers and will bring one in for me tomorrow. In the mean time - Blhhhhhhhhbeepblrrrrrrblhhhhhhbeepblrrrrrblhhhhhhh hhh...
As least I can still get here!
Denverchick - that is one HOT avatar!!! YEOW! It's great to see you too!
Msbuckweet - welcome! This is an amazing group of caring, loving, concerned folks that will motivate, encourage, empathize (sp?), listen, and tell you what you need to hear (whether you want to hear it or not) - Oh yeah, that's probably me! :lol3:
Dan - I'm living vicariously through your visit to O.G.! YUM!
Debbie367 - It's great to see you again too! Hang in there girlfriend, Monday only comes once a week. It's downhill from here.
Angie, Liza, and all the other LOSERS for today... Congrats! :woo:
Christine - Hope all went well with COD!

I'll see you all later today after a few hours of zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
Blessings!

Katy66
07-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Good Morning. Thought I'd check in early since I'll be away from the computer most of the morning. Just catching up on the posts from last night.

Karen - sorry the shower and shave advice didn't help you.

Liza - definately keep your long hair

Christine - good luck wth your WI today.

Dan - Congrats to your DD and OG sounds way too tempting for me right now. Hope you were able to be POP

Debbie and Kristen - Hope today brings you both a loss and out of the grumpies

Hello to everyone else out there. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Happy Tuesday y'all :) Hope everyone is having a good week so far -- absolutely nothing going on here - stuck at home again (DH's car is out of commission until Thurs evening so he has my truck :p ) I need to finish up laundry today and possibly get the lawn mowed, depending on how wet it is - The kids have been wanting to get the slip n' slide out - maybe I will cut the grass first and just see how green I can turn my children today - ;)

Y'all have a great day !!!

Kimphin
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey everyone - I'm back at work - yuk. At around 10:30 Sunday night I was thinking that if I had my appendix out, I could get another 5 days off.

Karen - I did get out to golf, it was weird at first, I kept flinching thinking that it was going to hurt on my follow-thru. After the 2nd hole, I realized that nothing hurt, and told myself to get a grip!!!!

I am still sort of half POP. This is mainly due to the fact that I did not grocery shop last week, and DH despises doing it. There is not a veggie or fruit in the house. Once I get my act together, I am ON!

OK, gotta go. Why is that you take a week off and somehow 3 weeks of work end up on your desk?????

bayoubelle68
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Amy - look at your hot new avatar!!

Yesterday at naptime, DS showed us a new trick: she climbed out of her crib. We were not surprised. She's three, but has seemed to love the security of her crib so we saw no reason to rush her out of it. Yesterday afternoon, I took the side rail off and converted her bed to a daybed, talking to her the whole time about her new big girl bed and how she couldn't jump out of bed all during the night. She is so strong-willed that I figured we'd be up all night with her, putting her back in bed. I purposely kept her up later than usual and then sang her usual 5 night-night songs. She wasn't asleep yet, so I sat in the rocking chair and sang for about 30 minutes until she was asleep. DH and I went to bed shortly after that and watched Leno. We had just rolled over to go to sleep when we heard a big THUNK! I rushed back and found her still asleep, stretched out on the floor, and rolled up in her blanket like a burrito! I scooped up and put her back in bed. She opened her eyes to look at me and then went right back to sleep. She slept until about 7:30 this morning when she bounced into our room and said, "I'm a big girl, Mama! I stayed in my bed all night long!"

Yesterday was a big day for her: first swimming lesson, first night "out" of her crib, and first night I tried that nasty paint-on stuff to help her stop sucking her thumb. It has cayenne pepper extract in it. She licked her thumb, frowned, made a horrible face, shrugged, and put her thumb in anyway. Looks like this is going to take a while!!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Angie-Thanks for the pep talk girlie! LOL

I wasnt POP the last 2 days but MUCH closer than I have been in a while. I over did it with watermelon but figured that was better than chocolate! It filled me up and kept me in the potty getting rid of all that water! LOL

I havent been keeping my diary, havent been weighing and measuring like I should. I just gotta get my head back in the game!

I'm headed out to weigh, we'll see what happens. Check in with you guys later!!!

Kimphin
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
What's a diary???? LOL. Hmmm - really gotta get on my POP.

Kim - over on watermelon can't be all that bad. Unless it a Friendy's Wattamelon Ice Cream Roll.

Dan2112
07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Morning gang.. I'm glad to report that we both made it home from Olive Garden relatively unscathed... Liz and I both had grilled chicken cesar salads with dressing on the side.. We both had a couple of breadsticks, but heck, if that was the worst of our transgressions, then I think we'll be ok.. Their new steak dish was extremely tempting, especially since it's served on a bed of penne with a garlic butter sauce, but we resisted!!

We even skipped the customery dish of alfredo dipping sauce for the breadsticks (much to our DD's consternation!)...

Liza... Talk about a "whoops" with the news coverage... I know what you mean about the privacy... Liz has been concerned for a long time, since I'm a "public figure" but we're still listed in the phone book.. I look at like this.. I'm a public servant... If someone really needs to get a hold of me, they can look me up.. It's also there for the media.. If for some reason I'm not answering my cell phones, they can try me at home as a last ditch effort..

Of course, no one ever thinks to look in the phone book anymore.. A reporter was giving me a hard time because he couldn't get a hold of me about some fire one Saturday.. I had been outside doing yardwork and didn't have my phones with me.. I asked him if he had looked my home number up in the phone book and he said no.. It hadn't even occurred to him that I was listed.. :lol:

Kim, I agree with Kim... Going over on watermelon (the key word being "water") is nowhere near as bad as going over on breadsticks or chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!

Felicia - Savor these "discovery" moments.. As Liz and I have discovered, they are far too fleeting...

Christine - Get thee to thy COD at once!! :lol:... Seriously, lecture or not, you'll feel better.. It will be a monkey off your back!!

Have a great day all!!

bayoubelle68
07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Back from WI and happy to report that I've lost 1.2 since Friday! Even better, this was a "measuring day" and I was thrilled to learn that I've lost 23 inches since our join date (May 28)!! Woo hoo!

I'm so thankful that I saw such great results. It's just the thing to get me back on track and out of my funk!

amylou7777
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
WOW Felicia 23 inches!! And you are down! That is SO great.
Thanks for the compliment, I thought it was time to change it up! Big day for your daughter! So cute!

My BNWI was down A LOT this morning. I think I finally lost all that water from what I ate in Tahoe this weekend. I wont go to COD til Thurs so hopefully this isn't a mirage!

Dan-way to be OP at OG!! Their sauces are brutally fattening and hard to resist-that is awesome!

Kimphin-glad you are recovered...too bad that means work!

Kim-let that tummy be your motivation to get back on track! You look so great you've gotta keep it up! You can do it!

Pearl-glad you know what is ailing your computer! Hope it works out!

Karen, Kristen, Lee Ann-are you at one with your scale this morning? I'm scared to turn on the news....

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Dan2112
07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
WAY TO GO FELICIA!!! That's awesome news!

emmysmom
07-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow, Felicia...that's awesome!! :carrot:

Prazteam
07-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Good afternoon all!
Norissa - add a little green food coloring to the "slip" and the green will last a lot longer! :)
Kim and Kim - I actually could live on fruit and veggies! In fact, with both pregnancies, I ONLY craved fruits and dh brought home a watermelon every day! (NO exageration!) Right now I've got fresh black cherries, ranier cherries, nectarines, peaches, 4 kinds of apples, watermelon, and canteloupe in the fridge! (good grief!) Thankfully, my yds LOVES fruit more than candy and chips!
Felicia - 23 inches is AMAZING!!! :encore:
Dan - I really was hoping for a better vicarious experience! :lol3: I think you both did extremely well - far better than I would have! O.G. is one of our favorites and for that matter, I've not been there in a couple of years!
Nicole - what the heck?!? I come back and you disappear?!? I'm trying NOT to take is personally! :hug:
Met up with my boss at 1:30 this a.m. and he and a friend followed me to the garage to drop off our truck. Now I'm driving the HUGE truck with a ladder rack... OMG! I feel like I'm in a tank! What a great guy though! He's really a great friend and we make a great team at work! Good Cop/Bad Cop.... Guess which one is the BAD cop?!? :s: (he's such a push over!)
Man, we were slammed last night at work! Not only was it $1 day, but it was over 100 degrees here and nobody wanted to go home! I had to shut off lanes to get people to leave! (uh, that would make me the bad cop in case you aren't keeping up!) :eek: Actually, I'm more like the "momma" cop than anything. Keeping everyone in line, fussing if they act up, straightening them out if they need it, a few smack on the hands for actions not acceptable in a family atmosphere (like shooting the bird, shouting the "f" word, putting hands on another's body parts...) Yep, I treat 'em all like I treat my kids and I expect the same behavior...
Well, gotta go get ready for work... Wonder where I put that bad cop uniform?!?
Blessings,

Angie
07-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Liza -- Sorry about the loss of your privacy. I hate PB lites..blech. The chocolate crunch are my new favourites. I would REALLY like to try chocolate mint or the chocolate almond one, but they don't sell them here in Canada. Sigh. I am pulling for you to make your 10lb goal by Friday! How long will you have been on the program by then?

TN Kim -- Good luck at WI today! Surely extra watermelon can't do much harm.

Felicia -- Congratulations! Wow wow wow, 23 inches is great!!!

lizababe
07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Felicia - Way to go!!!!

Angie - I had a PB one this morning that was just awful. It had that marshmallow texture through most of it and then there was a good size chunk that was dried and hard. Yuck. I guess I'll try the chocolate crunch this afternoon. We'll see about that. I think I got an intestinal bug and am not feeling so great. Any of you had a tummy bug while on this? How did you get around it with the plan?

zambejaly5
07-10-2007, 01:24 PM
oops, I posted in the wrong place again. that weekly challange thread or what ever it is always tricks me!! this is what I said over there anyway:

hi all, I am behind again, with computer problems, still delivering flowers, getting kids here and there, and hubby being home I am not getting much computer time. I am doing good though. I think tomorrow will be a good weigh in. Still no Drive-thru!!! almost two weeks. I think I am cured. I have had to grab fast food a couple times for my kids, not me, on the way to something but I made them run in and get it. NO DRIVE THRU!

got to run, too much to do......... hey has anyone seen Nicole?

I ment to put that on here.

it is rainy today and I had to deliver flowers anyway. I am at the library right now using thier computer that doesn't have the blue screen of death and in peace and quiet before I go home and face kids and lunch.

but I better face it all before the day gets away from me.

equinetcan
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello girls, and Dan!

Well last day off before back to work tomorrow. We are in the midst of a nasty union drive at work and I don't know if I want to go back or not. We have a few people trying desperately to start a union at work and they are creating havoc there. I have got emails already today from people stating it is getting rather vocal there in the last couple of days. Oh well, at least I am there early and out of there early so I won't have to deal much with it. But it is interesting to keep track of on Facebook!!

Visited with mom this am and my ex MIL. The MIL is actually coming over tonight when I am with Chancey so she can see how she is doing from her wounds the other day. She doesn't particularly like the new girlfriend so she would rather go over when I am there and she isn't.

The ex even remembered my b'day and sent a text message this morning. That's usually how he communicates with me. Very little actual talking unless he has to!! But at least he remembered and remembered how old I was too.

I have a sneaking feeling the girls at work are planning something for tomorrow too where I wasn't there today. Usually we get our desks decorated and someone comes and sings to you which is one of the reasons why I always take my b'day off!! But where we are in the classroom it isn't like I can disappear anywhere.

I got a nice bouquet of purple (my favorite color) carnations from MIL and a couple of gift cards from mom. I told her to get those as I didn't know what I wanted.

Well, gotta go make some cookies to ake to work tomorrow - this way they can eat them and not me!!!

zambejaly5
07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Happy Birthday Alannah!!

lizababe
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Liza... Talk about a "whoops" with the news coverage... I know what you mean about the privacy... Liz has been concerned for a long time, since I'm a "public figure" but we're still listed in the phone book.. I look at like this.. I'm a public servant... If someone really needs to get a hold of me, they can look me up.. It's also there for the media.. If for some reason I'm not answering my cell phones, they can try me at home as a last ditch effort..

Of course, no one ever thinks to look in the phone book anymore.. A reporter was giving me a hard time because he couldn't get a hold of me about some fire one Saturday.. I had been outside doing yardwork and didn't have my phones with me.. I asked him if he had looked my home number up in the phone book and he said no.. It hadn't even occurred to him that I was listed..

That's funny. I got some new phone books delivered the other day and put them right in the recycle bin. It's a tool that's so rarely used anymore!

Even though there are some very oddball stalker women out there, the men are still somewhat safer in this business than the women. I'm lucky where I am now because the listeners call the radio station jocks thinking I'm there and not in another location. The jocks are pretty protective and rarely even pass it on to me that someone has called. Now and then it is someone I know that calls and gets really persistent for them to pass on their phone number. I've called one of those people back. Most of them I figure if I wanted to keep in touch and we were that close, I would've. Because I'm a single mom with a pretty and unusually innocent teenage daughter, I'm very protective of my home. Very few of my neighbors know what I do for a living and I try to stay out of the radar in my "hood." I had issues in the past when I lived in Portland of being followed home on more than one occasion. Once by a police officer.... You just never know.

I definitely have a virus. I just lost my breakfast :-( I started feeling the symptoms yesterday and really hope my loss at WI was a true loss and not illness related.

BarbaraB
07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Angie, I will admit to trying just the whoppers without the swimming and that just made my arms look chubbier.

Felicia, that is amazing! You are doing great. I was going to say that I also have sinuses that are always troubling me with repeated infections, so I went to a specialist a few years ago and he recommends using this salt water flush thing from NeilMed, basically you have packages of salt that you mix with tap water and flush out your nose/sinus region. You can buy the stuff online. After you get used to doing it, it is not so bad. Anyway, that was a couple of years ago and I've not had a sinus infection since and a lot less sinus pain and pressure.

Kim, I've also had water mellon lapses recently. I don't think it is so bad. I heard a rumor that the new plan has a higher amount of water mellon for one fruit. I do wonder if they will put maintenance or stability clients on new plans...

Liza, you are really doing great. I hope you make your 10 pounds by Friday!
Don't cut your hair, unless you want shorter hair. I cut off about 6 inches a few months back, and it didn't make an iota of difference in the scale (hey I was hopeful on that one). I did feel that I didn't "need" the hair as much though when I was thinner.

Dan, Excellent on O.G. OP'ness for you and Liz! The idea is to keep living even when you are losing weight.

To everyone else hope your Tuesday is good. It is supposed to be over 100 degrees here today (which happens about once every other year, so that is really hot for us). My office is still freezing though. I feel stupid running a heater in here on a 100 degree day, but I probably will be doing that later... We've complained and complained to the office managers, but they insist on freezing us. Always a shock to go from the 60 degree building out into 100 degree heat.

Snowdogs
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow - everyone is kicking some butt this week! Great job on the losses, and take them when they come - even if you're skeptical of where they came from LOL :D

Lunch came around and I made a bad decision. I rationalized it by saying "You work tonight too- you'll be on your feet until 10pm and don't have enough food with for lunch & supper".
I went to McD's - grilled Club LARGE size fries. It was good, until I stood up from the table and my stomach knotted so bad I about fell over. Let's just say that didn't end up well and my tummy still is in knots. I'm revolted now by the thought of fast food - so Thank You for that painful experience - may it help keep my @ss on track~! :devil:

I really should have eaten my fruit & veggies. :mad:

I need to get some work done today - my desk is a disaster area.

HAPPY B-DAY - equinetcan

Pearl - Oh I love bowling. I still have patches & a trophy from when I was younger (like 13 or so). High game and a few others. I think I still have my ball in the closet too, I've been moving that with me for too long !

Felicia & you other Losers ;)- excellent job on your loss !!

bayoubelle68
07-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Liza - poor you! I'm so sorry you don't fell well. There's a stomach virus running around in our town right now, too. We've been fortunate thus far and none of us have caught it. If we were in school right now, DS and I would probably both have it. As a teacher, I tend to bring home lots of interesting things to share with the family. Over the years, I've grown immune to some things, but there's always something new! We use a lot of sanitizer and Clorox wipes in my classroom. There's even a job on my job board for the "Cloroxinator" - the person whose job it is to wipe the doorknobs, light switches, computer keyboards, and mouses (I've heard that "mice" is incorrect when talking about the computer apparatus!) I have really noticed a difference in absences since we started doing that!

Anyway, Liza, put a bucket by your bedside, crawl between the sheets and sleep as much as you can! If I was there, I'd bring you crackers and 7Up - which always tame my tummy when I'm queasy.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Well WI this morning was good, back down the 2 I gained on vacation. NOW to just be as close to POP as I can be for the rest of the week. I told the manager today that I would start stabilization next week if I can make it through the rest of this week AND weekend without a gain. Seriously trying to get the munchies under control. I cant have them adding more food back in until I can control what I'm getting already. Make sense??

Congrats to all the losers, all those with NSV's and Felicia! WOW, way to go girlie!!!

Angie, I keep meaning to send you a picture of the marble in my BB. LOL I dont have to wear it anymore but stick it in there every couple of days just to make sure my BB isnt shrinking! LOL

Yes Kim a diary. Surely you remember that little book with all the lines in it to keep track of your food? LOL I havent used mine is so long the manager fussed at me today! ackk!!

To all our birthday girls...Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you...Happy birthday all you slimmer girlies...Happy Birthday to you!!!!:bday2you::hb::woo::balloons::gift::celebra te:

Katy66
07-10-2007, 02:55 PM
You guys are just losers! Way to go.

Felicia - 23 inches that is awesome!

Liza - feel better soon!

Happy Birthday to b-day girls:)

slim n trim
07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Good afternoon my friends,

Happy Birthday Alannah,

Congrats to the losers - weight - inches - whatever, a loss is a loss.:D

Amy - my scale is still safe today - mostly because I was golfing at 7:30 this morning and I slept in a bit, so didn't take the time to weigh in and see. Now tomorrow - it might be in jeopardy. Thanks for asking.

Kim - glad to hear that you are feeling better and got a "grip" on those clubs. Swing away!

Liza - hope you are feeling better soon, nothing worse than the stomach flu - especially when it is so warm out. Gingerale and soda crackers will be your friend.

Alright, I really need to get some things done here now, so better get the behind in gear.

Hello's to everyone, and we will chat later.

Snowdogs
07-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Karen - are you serious? 20 lbs down to your Labor Day goal??
You flippin' ROCK ! :dancer: :dancer:

I better start paying more attention to everyone's tickers !

Dan2112
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey gang..

I'm in a seriously pissy mood.. I'm having all kinds of problems dealing with the state fair people about our booth space and spent an hour on the phone with them and basically not only didn't get anything done, but thanks to their incompetence, took a few steps back... I won't bore you with the details, but as i'm the department's rep (not just State Forestry's) for all things dealing with the fair, this is a very big deal...

I was so pi**ed off when I got off the phone, I immediately sat down and had lunch... PB on double fiber bread and a small baggie of baked chips.. HEY.. At least I didn't go straight to McDonalds like I would have a year ago.

And then I went for my 3 mile walk to destress, so I should be ok..

What bothers me is that I fell right back into the old habit of stress eating.. Granted, it was OP, but still... What if I hadn't had OP food handy?

Now i'm pi**ed at myself...

Joni135
07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Alannah - Happy Birthday.....:woohoo::celebrate:

Felicia - what a big day for both you and DD...falling out of bed and thumb sucking stories brought tears to my eyes.

Pearl - (I posted this somewhere else...but) Nicole is at LAWL Summer camp losing a boatload of weight. When she returns we will all be very, very jealous....so I suggest we all try really hard to keep up with her....all together now! (just kidding around here...Nicole is visiting family)
I can only imagine what a great job you are doing on your job. I love to bowl, but haven't been on a league in ages.

Snowdogs - I've had the same bowling ball for ... oh, a long time AND the same bowling shoes. And quite honestly, I think I have the same pair of socks in that bowling bag that I've had in there since 1995. May be time to switch those out (of course, I bowl maybe one time a year!).

Norissa - I was just about to go cut grass and the sky opened up and another very thundery, rainy afternoon for me. I wanna go take a nap.

Kim - back and work AND you get to go grocery shopping. What more could a girl want???

Hey, Liza...sorry you are feeling puny. Not sure what to tell you to do. Listen to your body and hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug that will be gone soon. Hope it's not those new PB lite bars you just got????

Thunder and lightening right now...a smart person would power down.....off I go!

Snowdogs
07-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Dan - don't be hard on yourself. This is a major change we're all trying to make. You made a EXCELLENT choice in food - what you had is 100 X's better than McD's (besides, I had enough for the both of us).

I honestly believe that over eating/binge eating/stress eating etc. are all addictions - just like drug, alcohol, substance addictions. It takes TIME, lots of time to change life long habits and addictions.

You're doing a GREAT job - don't let this get you down! Look where you've came from - heck - a PB and baked chips sure ain't gonna ruin ya! And heck, ya topped it off with a 3 mile walk !!!

As far as the fair deal - that stinks, I'm sorry.

What's LAWL Summer Camp - is that a for real thing?

Joni135
07-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Oh, to heck with the thunder and lightening.

Dan - we were posting at the same time. Don't be so hard on yourself...very few of us have figured out how to cope without food.

You did great under the circumstances. When under stress our bodies release hormones that automatically stimulate your appetite. You were obviously prepared for this by having OP foods on hand.

The only thing the professionals would have suggested is maybe taking the walk first, releasing the endorphins (your brain's natural tranquilizers) to produce a state of reduced anxiety and a feeling of calm. Deep breathing helps too, but I'm usually too wired for that!

Hope the walk helped and that stuff gets worked out for the fair and your booth space.

KrispieD
07-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi All
Keep your bail money. so far it is safe.
Worked this am in extreme heat teaching rooms full of babies.. not the quietest time I've ever spent.
Came home hot and tired but forced myself in the pool to my 100 laps.. a good bit of shoulder burn going on right now!
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. I do feel better, recommited and will just have to let the dang sclae decide what it is going to do with this exercise. It is still one of the world's biggest injustices to me that you work so hard to get your number down on the scale and inch wise, then you feel good so start exercising and you gain! But I'm back in my happy place.. tired but happy.
Congrats Felicia and all the other losers.. Dan.hang in there. The blue funk virus that hit Debbie and I must have travelled in the breeze.. you rock!
Will catch you later everyone.. Alannah hope your day is a great one and Amy enjoy tomorrow!

Katy66
07-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I had the same question Snowdogs, is there really a summer camp?

Dan - shame on you for being so hard on yourself! You stayed on plan with what you ate. While you might feel like you went back to your old ways, you quickly readjusted and took that great long walk. You even stayed OP at OG last night......You should be doing the happy dance! :dancer:

Joni135
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Sorry guys...no LAWL Summer Camp....I fixed my post.

slim n trim
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Snowdogs,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but the 20 lbs is what I have lost in the last 4 months - not just for the labour day challenge. My goal is to loss another 5 lbs, so that is my labour day challenge, and the way its going, its gonna be a real challenge alright. I really hope to lose the 5 lbs by the end of July, and maybe even another 5 by labour day - but we will see what the evil scale has to say about that one.

emmysmom
07-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Okay...check out my DD!! This week I'm bringing her into work with me, then taking her to "Butterfly Princess Summer Camp" from 9:30-11:30, then to preschool. Anyway, this morning was the first time that she would actually talk on the air with the DJ's...they burned a copy of it on a CD. I'm so proud of her! Imagine being 3 years old and a "mini celebrity"...the morning show talks about her endlessly:)

hollyak24
07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Dan,

Look at the changes you’ve made. You appear to be half the man you used to be, and I mean that as a compliment.

“What if I hadn’t had OP food handy?” the point is that you DID have OP food handy. I’m just guessing that before LAWL you would have taken the opportunity to continue eating instead of going for a walk. Is that right?

Sorry the state fair is jerking you around. It only takes one incompetent soul to ruin it for everyone.

I understand beating yourself up about this but now it is time to realize that you did make good choices.

As for me, i neither gained or lost over the weekend and i cheated. I shouldn't have but i did. I enjoyed it too and now i am back on track.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
07-10-2007, 04:36 PM
awww - look at little miss Emily !!! She is a doll Tina !

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Tina, thats simply adorable!!!

slim n trim
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
you have a beautiful daughter Tina!

bayoubelle68
07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Tina - that so sweet!!

Repo girl
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I heard a rumor that the new plan has a higher amount of water mellon for one fruit. I do wonder if they will put maintenance or stability clients on new plans...

1 1/4 cups.

Repo girl
07-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Well WI this morning was good, back down the 2 I gained on vacation. NOW to just be as close to POP as I can be for the rest of the week. I told the manager today that I would start stabilization next week if I can make it through the rest of this week AND weekend without a gain. Seriously trying to get the munchies under control. I cant have them adding more food back in until I can control what I'm getting already. Make sense??

Congrats to all the losers, all those with NSV's and Felicia! WOW, way to go girlie!!!

Angie, I keep meaning to send you a picture of the marble in my BB. LOL I dont have to wear it anymore but stick it in there every couple of days just to make sure my BB isnt shrinking! LOL

Yes Kim a diary. Surely you remember that little book with all the lines in it to keep track of your food? LOL I havent used mine is so long the manager fussed at me today! ackk!!

To all our birthday girls...Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you...Happy birthday all you slimmer girlies...Happy Birthday to you!!!!:bday2you::hb::woo::balloons::gift::celebra te:

Hoy cow, Kimmy, Kim, Kimmy!!! Your new pics are fabulous! How wonderful! And you so totally rock in that little red number!

LYNNTHEPB
07-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi,
I am brand new to this and have joined LAWL on June 4th. I have lost about 10 lbs and am doing well on the program..... It is nice to talk to other people who have done this and are also in the midst of it all. I thought it would be hard but so far so good!!!!!

BarbaraB
07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Liza, I had the stomach flu awhile back and decided to do a takeoff since I couldn't look at food much anyway. Since it was a legal way to pretty much not eat for a couple of days. I had always used any illness as an excuse to give up on dieting, and that was one of the things that LAWL helped me get over. Of course so early in the program, they aren't as likely to encourage the whole TO torture (they save that for later when you've seriously plateaued and are feeling desperate at my COD)

Kim, They add the food back in so slowly in stability that you are going to wonder why you waited to start. First week all you get is all the veggies you can eat, so you can go wild with all the baby carrots that you want! Well that was something I enjoyed. I found all the hype about carrots having lots of sugar so watch your consumption (which I had been careful during weight loss) seemed not so true when I was let loose to eat as much as I wanted of them.

Dan, You did so good to eat what you had planned and to go take a walk to destress instead of a junk food break! Give yourself credit for handling it so well. Also it shows you how important it is to have the OP food with you. You were prepared and it paid off!

Karen, Your ticker still seems to move regularly, so those last 5 pounds should be gone soon.

Kristen, One of the counselors I had at the COD was very helpful when I was feeling bad about stopping my weight loss at 160 since my body didn't seem to want to go lower than that (and it still doesn't darned stupid body and stupid mean scale, since I really, really, really wanted to see it go that way). She said your weight isn't tattoed on your forehead (thank the Lord), but people can see what size you are. So don't use the scale as the only judge of whether you are doing good or bad, even if that is what the COD will do.

Katie, 1 1/4 cups of watermellon... good to know. I also saw 12 instead of 9 cherries.. I've been counting out my cherries and then my DH will want one from my plate and doesn't like it when I don't just give them to him. I think he thought that once I got to maintenance it would all revert to how it was before, and it hasn't.

Nicole, if you are out there, My DD cleaned her room! For the furniture that I was refinishing for her room she cleaned it out and let me in there (OK to clean it some more I'll admit). the furniture I repainted and the room looked great and I even went and bought some new bedding. Now if it will look somewhat close to that again when she goes back to college, I will be so happy. Of course she is spending more time at home now that the weather has turned really hot (we have air conditioning and her house at school does not). She got a bunny (I think of it as her rebellion bunny since dh would never let her get something like that) as soon as she moved into the house, but now the bunny needs the air conditioning and is at our house. Her dad is not happy. Cute bunny though. I hope my cat does not eat it. So far so good.

Anyway, I better get back to work...

Repo girl
07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Haha, Barbara, I am constantly yelling at my kids and DH to stay off my plate for the same reason. One of my daycare kids will ask for a grape or a cherry when they see me eating, and I say, "Nope, sorry, these are measured." They accept that answer with a confused look. Makes me laugh every time.

Tina- How cute is that?!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
LOL Thank you Katie! I need to take one that shows my face so you all will know that tummy is really mine! I wore that "little red number" to bed last night, havent seen that look on DH's face in a long time :::grinnin::: Sorry if that was TMI LOL

Repo girl
07-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Not at all, you deserve to see "the look"!!!

Welcome Lynn!

Angie
07-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I need an intervention. I have the munchies really bad, and just my one LA lite left for today. Normally I save a fruit and a half dairy for the evening, since I always feel like snacking. Crap. Maybe I'll just sneak some cucumber, better than the popcorn that I really want.

Liza -- If your lite had a crunchy bit in it, I can tell you that's not supposed to be there. Maybe check the expiry date on your box, and either way, I'd return them to your COD for something that's not crunchified. Luckily for me no stomach bug has ever kept me from wanting to eat, so I have no advice on what to do in your situation.

Shoot. I just burned 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Crap. I had them in the fridge, and was worried they were going to go bad, so I popped them all in the oven. I figured we could eat them on salads or sandwiches this week. They are all 'blackened' now because I put them under the broiler and then promptly forgot about them.

Lettie -- Don't forget to reformat your hard drive. I miss seeing you more often on here.

Dan -- I've had a similar experience, running into old friends who said, "I had no idea how to contact you", uhhh...did you try looking me up in the book on 411 online? I have had my number listed forever. I got such a kick out of seeing my name in the phone book when I first moved out on my own. Now we just recycle them, like Liza said, and use the online version.

TN Kim -- HOly crap, that TT took about 20 years off of you! lol I can tell immediately by her eyes, that is your daughter. No mistaking that.

Welcome Lynn! In what area of TO do you live? :welcome:

Hmm...reading about the fruit thing makes me feel a little guilty. When it comes to berries or cut up pieces of fruit, I've always allowed myself a little extra. If it said 6 strawberries, I'd have 7; 9 cherries meant 10...lol I don't know why, it's not like it fills you up any more, I just felt a little smug I guess, losing with my "extra helpings."

Barbara/Katie -- I do the same with my DS, poor little guy. Momma doesn't share nicely...lol.

msbuckweet
07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Good afternoon ladies...just thought I would report!! I am down another 1.6 lbs!! :D I wish it were more!! BUT, I didn't put on this weight overnight!! I told my dh we would have a big party when I weighed less than him. This has only happened twice in our married life and that was the first 4 months of our marriage...then I got pregnant!!! The second time was when I got gungho and went to step aerobics 5 days a week!! I looked good!! I was still considered overweight...but I got down to 187! That was in 2003.

I've put on 57 lbs since then...we adopted 3 preteens(14, 13, 12). That was a HUGE stressor and I am an emotional eater. It doesn't help that the oldest child sexually offended my two bio daughters. It could have been worse than what it was...but I don't want to minimize the trauma the endure...but it could have been worse!! That was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever had to endure!! I blamed myself...I felt as though I had invited danger into my home and could not protect my girls!!!:mad:

Thankfully, we have closed that chapter in our lives. My daughters have been through counseling and are doing well. The offender is out of our home and our lives.

SO....I used food to bring me comfort during that time in my life...and it shows!!!

I am looking forward to the helpful tips and encouragement!!

:) Gretchen

msbuckweet
07-10-2007, 07:40 PM
What does the little egg and exclaimation mark mean??

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Great job Gretchen!!

Angie-Yeah, thats my darling baby girl. Shes going to be 18 in 2 weeks. I cant believe it! Theres a bigger picture of her before her senior prom in my profile.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
The egg means someone is online at the time, the ! is to report an inappropriate post.

lizababe
07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Dan - Be proud of yourself that you recognize the problem. That's half the battle as they say.. and as others said you did have OP food with you in case of such an emergency! You did better than you think...

Joni - You always have such good words of advise :-) I love reading your posts!

Kristen - I'm glad we didn't have to bail you out. We'll start up a fund in case of future need.

Tina - What a cutie pie your little girl is!!!!! Was she shy in the studio or did she grab the mic and not want to let go?

Kim - I bet the look on your husbands face made it all worth it! Good for you! I'm so excited to watch you find your sexy side again! Well, I won't really be watching and taking pictures.. that's just pervy. But please don't be afraid to share (within reason)

Lynne - Welcome! Jump on in!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and sympathies for the tummy bug. This truly sucks. I wish I could've taken the afternoon off but there just wasn't anyone to cover me. I got some chicken tortilla soup, crackers and water melon and I've been taking little bites here and there from all of those while I sit in the fetal position in the studio. I haven't had to make any mad dashes to the bathroom but I get cold sweats and feel like I'm going to faint if I stand up for too long.

A couple of people here were saying this is good because I'll weigh less on Thursday for my WI. I think I surprised them by saying this is not how I want to lose weight. I want it to be a true and permanent loss.

Pity party for one over here... I know.

msbuckweet
07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I have an INAPPROPRIATE POST???????? How does that happen?? I would NEVER.....PH MY...does that mean someone has complained about me??

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Liza, feel better soon sweetie! Tummy bugs are the worst. I think I feel more rotten when I feel like I need to throw up and cant. Ughh!!!

It's been a LONG time since I've felt sexy and not trying to hide in the dark or under the covers. I was parading around in front of him last night just to watch his face! LOL

I told PS last week at my check up that I only had one problem, he said whats that? I said well now you gave me the tummy of a 17 year old but the rest of me is still 44! He just laughed and said what are we gonna fix next summer?

lizababe
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh no I forgot to say hi to Angie! Thank you for your words and advice :-) I noticed the wrapper on these lite bars is different. Just how the wrapper is cut at the very ends. On the old bars, it's a straight edge. One this batch, the ends are perforated (I think that's the word I'm trying to use) The chocolate crunch ones have the wrappers I'm used to so hopefully those will be all good. I don't think this is from anything I ate. On Friday the gal in the chopper was saying she was afraid she was going to get sick and that surprised me because she never has gotten motion sickness. Then I was in there all weekend so there ya go.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
No no no, sorry didnt mean to confuse you. Its there to click on if you think somebody elses post is offensive!!! Sorry!! Doesnt mean yours is!

LYNNTHEPB
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome!!!! I live in West Toronto at Weston road and the 401.
I joined LAWL because I could not take it anymore and hated the way I looked!!!!! I have been trying all the recipes in the cook book and my hubby loves them too so that is a plus. It is really nice to find a place where you can ask for support and everyone knows what you are talking about LOL!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Welcome Lynn!!!! You've found a great group of people! Feel free to laugh with us, cry with us, find a shoulder to lean on when you need it, or an ear to listen when you need to vent! Jump right in!!!

LYNNTHEPB
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I had a bit of a set back yesterday when I gained back 2 of the pounds I had lost and I was soooo upset... BUT.......... I decided to get back on track and lose them again.... We went out to a friends house for dinner and she served fondue!!!! It was a really bad weekend for me..........."sigh":o

Debbie367
07-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Good evening all! Kristen glad to hear you made it out of your funk! You too Felicia and CONGRATS on losing 23 inches!

Liza- I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and hope you have a super speedy recovery.

Pearl - Sorry to hear about your car! Note to self....keep Pearl away from the electronics...computer...cars...:)

Today was a much better day! My boss is out of town (yippeeee) and the pile of paperwork on my desk is starting to disappear. I do have to go to a client pizza party on Friday so I am trying to plan ahead. The best news of the day is I was down 2lbs this morning! :yay:

Repo girl
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Yahoooo Debbie! Great loss!

Repo girl
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Speaking of Debbies, where is Debster?

Debbie367
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks Katie :)

MomOfThreeTeens
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Way to go Debbie!!!

LYNNTHEPB
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
All of you sound so nice and I think I am going to enjoy being here..... thanks for the welcome and I will talk to you all tomorrow...

BarbaraB
07-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Gretchen, How awful to go through all that, but you can't blame yourself since I'm sure all your intentions were the best. I'm so glad that you are doing the LAWL thing and taking better care of yourself now. I wish I had done it while my daughter was younger instead of being such a bad junk food eating example. So taking care of yourself IS a powerful thing for your kids to see. Being good to yourself is a powerful change for the whole family.

Kim what a beautiful daughter you have. She looks a lot like her mother!

Angie, I often have that extra cherry too... I'm bad.. or decide that small is such a subjective thing...Looks small to me! I wish they gave measurments that I couldn't fudge so easily. How much is 12 small strawberries? Well depends on how small small is, depending on my mood, small varied a lot.

slim n trim
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Kim - you hottie you ..... your daughter is beautiful, and you look great as well. No trouble telling that you two are related. :D

Deb, congrats on the loss!

Gretchen, Lynn - welcome! This is a great place to hang out!

Well, its 8 pm and I haven't ate supper yet. I better go do that. Got lots of excercise today, golfed 18 holes, walked the front nine, then went down to the course tonight and practiced for about 90 mins because I just got some new irons, then came home and went for a 30 min walk with my puppy, and now I am starving. I don't usually eat this late, but what do you do!

Good Night all!:)

4us
07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Kim- Wow you look great!!! Thanks for sharing those pictures!

I went to the COD. And at least I lost something...so I can't complain...but I am a little disappointed because I know it could have been so much more.

Anyway...instead of eating because I was depressed we went out and bought my 3 year old his first big boy bike! That was fun!

Have a great night everyone.

galachick
07-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been a lurker for a couple of days and decided to join this awesome, uplifting group of folks. I started LAWL on June 29, 2007. I went to COD today and have lost a total of 6 lbs! So far so good.

I am a single Mom with an 8 year old son who is the light of my life. We live in Cleveland, Georgia at the foothills of the beautiful mountains in Northeast Georgia. I am an Elementary School Counselor and I'm thoroughly enjoying my summer off! But it has made adjusting to this eating plan a little difficult. My days are much more structured during the school year. But I am continuing to work at getting all the food in during the day. Sometimes I feel like I am eating all the time.

I really appreciate all the wonderful, helpful information you share on this site. Your posts and pictures are terrifically motivating. I know with the support of my LA counselor and and the great folks in this forum I will reach my ultimate goal.

Thanks for sharing,

Katy66
07-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Welcome Renee! This is a great group of folks.

Christine - any loss is a victory, congrats.

Debbie - great job on the 2lbs...that would put me in a better mood too!

Kim - your daughter is beautiful and congrats on the new tummy....I'm so jealous. maybe one day I'll be there too:)

I had an almost POP day. Too much salt though since most of what I ate was processed or from a restaurant. Can you say water retention? I'll drink some warm lemon water in the morning to hopefully counteract.

Do you guys go to COD more than once a week? I did in the beginning but now usually on go once.

Better run and get some sleep. Look forward to chatting in the morning.

lizababe
07-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Welcome Renee! This is a fabulous group of people!

Katy - I hear ya on the sodium. I don't even want to know what all of these crackers and ginger ale are going to do to me. I go to COD twice a week. At first I thought that was excessive but it really keeps me on track. Going in on Monday keeps me on track during the weekend knowing what is around the corner. I also go in on Thursday so I don't cheat during the week thinking "Ok, I had a loss over the weekend.. this won't hurt me!" and it also prepares me mentally for the weekend goal.

bayoubelle68
07-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Katy - I go twice a week, too - Tuesday and Friday. Like Liz, it helps me stay on track. I can understand why people who have crappy CODs only go when necessary, but we have a good one - except for Bland Girl - so DH and I both go twice a week.

Dan2112
07-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome Renee! This is a fabulous group of people!

Katy - I hear ya on the sodium. I don't even want to know what all of these crackers and ginger ale are going to do to me. I go to COD twice a week. At first I thought that was excessive but it really keeps me on track. Going in on Monday keeps me on track during the weekend knowing what is around the corner. I also go in on Thursday so I don't cheat during the week thinking "Ok, I had a loss over the weekend.. this won't hurt me!" and it also prepares me mentally for the weekend goal.

Bwoop! Bwoop! Bwoop!

Did I hear someone say "sodium"? Tsk tsk..:lol:

Somedays, when we're feeling crappy, crackers and ginger ale are our only consolation...

Lynn - Welcome!! I guess there's room for one more Canadian around here.. :lol:, as long as you like Rush!!!!

Renee - Welcome to you as well.. Post often!!

We're a pretty good bunch around here.. I tend to harp on salt use and stuff like that, but overall, this has been a great place for support...

Any other newbs I missed... Welcome to you too!!

lizababe
07-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Haha Dan you busted me!

I've been pretty good about salt. In general, I'm not big on adding it to anything but do crave that salty crunchy stuff. For the past couple of weeks even those cravings have gone down. Unfortunately this tummy bug got me pretty good and crackers were all I could get down without wanting to run and pay homage to porcelain God! I'll betcha $5 that even though I couldn't eat much today I'm up at least a pound on the scael tomorrow morning!

Katy66
07-11-2007, 06:35 AM
I had the "bug" a couple of weeks ago, last about 24 hours. I did have a loss for that week but it was a small, about .4 lb.

Yea, I know better about the sodium, it was just bad planning on my part. I promise to try to be better today although I have a lunch meeting that the food is being catered for. They usually serve chicken though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't have some crazy sauce or something over it.

I have to agree Liza though if I'm going to crave something it is the salty things like chips, etc and that is usually around that TOM (sorry if that is TMI) I guess the bars take care of my sweet tooth but there isn't any substitute for the salt:) LAWL has made me much more aware of sodium and I'm all the time scolding DH for adding more salt to DD's food. Don't get her hooked on it!

Going to the center more than once a week makes sense but now that my COD is requiring appts that makes it that much harder to get there twice. My schedule at work is crazy so finding a time that doesn't conflict with some meeting is tough. I should make a real effort though.

KrispieD
07-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Morning All
Welcome Lynn.. I'm in Mississauga.. whatever you need to know about Canadian LAWL .. ask me anytime! I even know the name of the delivery driver to the stores.. his name is MIKE!! Ask the gals on here what happens when the stores run out of stock.. I try to hunt Mike down!
I promise to stay in a positive frame of mind today BUT since I have started swimming my laps a week ago I am now up a glorious 6 lbs.. Come on! I need Nicole or Kim or Joni on here giving me a big WTF and Joni a really convincing article that this is supposed to happen. I will stay POP but want an explanation from all my wise friends!
Happy Birthday Amy.. your breakfast sounds great.. send one this way!

Kim2.. you are just too fabulous looking.. I'm going to call a surgeon!!

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Morning everyone!

Liza- It really sucks to eat practically nothing and gain, but I would bet that you do, too. I have had 2 ugly wisdom tooth experiences while on LAWL, hardly ate anything for a week or two, and gained like crazy. Stupid metabolism.

Renee- Welcome! You will find lots of support and friendship here. Also, it really helps me stay on track to be helping others around here. Since I am an LAWL lifer who prefers to mess around a lot instead of getting to goal (I am rebelious like that!), I have been here for quite a while. So I guess what I am trying to say is, jump on in, encourage and help others on this board, and you will really benefit from joining us. BTW, 6 lbs is wonderful!

Katy- I am in the process of learning to do what other people tell me to do (My DH will be thrilled), so I am going into the COD 3 times a week. I really need the accountability. Maybe you all need to get meaner with me.....

Christine- Great job on buying the bike instead of Ben and Jerry's!

Felicia- I wanted to tell you, that thumb sucking stuff never worked on my kid either. My baby, who is 4 1/2, has been sucking the same two fingers since she was born. My DH has been panicking that she will start kindergarten still sucking her fingers, and has tried everything. From a child development standpoint, she will stop when she is ready, so I have not pushed it with her. Yesterday I was laying on the couch, and walks in the living room with her hand covered in lotion. She says, "Mommy, do you know why I put lotion all over my hand? It is so that if I suck my fingers it will taste so bad that I will have to puke, then I won't want to suck them anymore." I just about died laughing. This was entirely her idea. I think she may be ready!

So I have been POP for 3 days running now! This is quite a feat for me. I have even been keeping my journal! I am feeling quite proud of myself. I will go WI in a bit, so I will report. I will see a loss, no doubt.

IT IS HARRY POTTER MOVIE DAY!!!!!

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Kristen- Wow, that is so unfair! How are you feeling from all of this exercise? Toner, fitter, refreshed, more enery, anyone? Anyone? That is truly what matters, right?

KrispieD
07-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey Katie!!
The logical part of my brain should be feeling all the things you mentioned..the other part of my brain that used to weigh 251lbs is furious that doing what I know is right has given me a 6lb gain in a week! I am staying POP, measuring etc too. The hard part is to keep up with the exercising and I'm hoping at some point there will be a loss again. The worst part for the is the extra that just went on has taken me over my goal weight.. something I didn't want to see happen again in this lifetime.. we'll see what Dr. Joni can dig up and start hunting down Nicole.. I could have sworn she said she'd have computer access!!
What's up on the swimming pool?? Come bring the kids here.. I'll make you an LAWL lunch!

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks, we'll be right over. Things are not looking so good for my team on the swimming pool. I am still going to buy one, but probably not one that big. I hear you on the panic over gaining. My brain says that too, "We are not going back to that weight, we are never, ever going back!" I need that panic button, too, because I tend to get a little lazy sometimes.

JLem311
07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
good morning everyone. i have the day off today. :) i need to go to COD today because this will be the last time til i get back from seeing the kids. i don't leave til the 19th, but i'm working my crazy coffee hours all the way up until then, so i figured i might as well, put it on hold til i get back on the 27th...and i'll go in on the 28th.
i usually lose about 3lbs when i travel, so i'm hoping for the same, but since it's Julia's 4th bday, i don't know...we'll see. we usually do our mommy/daughter baking time and i have a bite or two, but i still manage to lose. :) i can't wait to see them. it's only been 2 months, but still. Jag said his first sentence the other day! it was adorable. he went up to my former DH and said, "daddy, i go play." it's not much, but a start..he's 20months afterall.

anyways, enough rambling about my babies....

i made the best eggplant and roasted red pepper pitas for lunch yesterday. they were wonderful. and DH doesn't even miss meat. he's really taken to my vegetarian lifestyle and it's been almost a year since we've been married. my former DH would never be open minded and try new things...but surprisingly enough, he does when i visit and stay at his house...he usually eats what i cook and it's always vegetarian. :)

anways, this post has turned into a book, mostly of me rambling. but i didn't post at all yesterday, so that's my excuse.

ok, gonna go and get a workout in, shower and then go to COD.

be back later!

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Ooooh, Jillian, your pitas sound wonderful. How did you do it?

bayoubelle68
07-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Okay Kristen - I'm no Joni (LOL) but here's what I found:

Your muscles need 4 molecules of water to store one molecule of glycogen. Therefore, it would make sense that after working out intensely, your body readies itself for another expenditure of energy by storing more glycogen, and hence, more water. This would result in increased water weight, which would decrease as your body used up the glycogen. This would explain why some people "gain" 4 or more pounds after a few days of intense workouts.

There! Feel better?

JLem311
07-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Ooooh, Jillian, your pitas sound wonderful. How did you do it?

i sliced up an eggplant not too thinly, and sprinkled some black pepper, garlic and onion powder, cayenne powder (i put that on everything), and a bit of lite salt and put them in a nonstick pan with some butter flavored nonstick spray and cooked them til they were browned on both sides and i sprinkled a miniscule amount of reduced fat cheddar cheese on them, sliced up a roasted red pepper (you can roast your own or get the ones in the jar) and put about 4 pieces of eggplant and 1/2 a red pepper into a low carb whole wheat pita (it's a high fiber and high protein one too!) and added a bit of ff ranch. it was really great. nothing too difficult to make, but very simple and yummy. DH had never had eggplant before either. :)

i think next time i'm going to add some crunchy green peppers and alfalfa sprouts to give it some crunch and balance out the texture of the eggplant and roasted red peppers.

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Wow Felicia, good answer!

bayoubelle68
07-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey, guys - can I use parmesan? How much and how do I count it? I used to slice the top off of a tomato, sprinkle it with about a tablespoon of parmesan and heat it under the broiler. Can I do that? I'm always looking for ways to like vegatables.

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 09:15 AM
According to the new plan book, 1 teaspoon of Parmesean cheese is a fat. I love tomatoes that way. Another yummy one is to combine mustard and LF mayo, spread it on tomato halves, and broil until golden brown.

MomOfThreeTeens
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the compliments on my beautiful DD. I've been blessed. We dont fight, never went through the stage where she didnt like me. All her friends tell her they wish they had relationships with their moms like the one we have. She actually likes being with me! Thats something for a teenage girl! LOL

Congrats to all the losers and welcome all you new people. Theres so many it takes a while to remember names. Just keep hanging around and it will sink in! lol

Kristen- Man that sucks! I keep thinking I need to start toning some still flabby places but afraid it will make me gain, ughh!! Unfortunately the Doc couldnt cut off everything that still jiggled!

Katie- My daughter had her pacifier until she was 4. People said awwww she'll just cry for a day or two then she'll be fine. Well she wasnt fine. Everytime we tried to take it she would cry until she threw up. Called the Doc and he said give it back to her, I've never seen a kid walk down the aisle to graduate with a pacifier in their mouth! Even when she stopped sucking on it, she slept with one under her pillow, for like years! She'd kill me if she knew I told anybody that! LOL

Joni135
07-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks for finding that info Felicia...almost makes me NOT want to work out, but everything I read and hear says that would not be a good thing to do.

Kristen - I'm totally baffled for you. I still think the water logged rationale makes sense. Any possibility of a new sibling on the way for my girls?? Is your DH messing with the scale just for the fun of it?? I'll try and find some other possible answers...right now I gotta get back to work (took me an hour to catch up on this thread alone!)

Katie - I love the title you gave yourself...."LAWL lifer." The new Harry Potter movie is definitely on our agenda this week. I never got into reading the books (just too busy I guess), but I enjoy the movies. Cute story about your daughter and the lotion. I worked with a guy once and his son wouldn't give up the pacifier...dad would say "when he realizes he can't kiss a girl with that thing in his mouth, he'll take it out."

Welcome Renee and fellow Georgia girl....lots of folks on this site are part of the education system and also having a harder time during the relaxing summer months....Just think how much easier this will get for you next month! Stay strong.

Barb - I have often wondered this myself.....
How much is 12 small strawberries? Well depends on how small small is, depending on my mood, small varied a lot.

Angie - I cracked up about you burning the chicken breasts. I cannot tell you how many times I do things like that. I have three kitchen timers that help me out immensely. If I don't set the timer, I always forget! I even set the stove top timer to remind me to take stuff out of the dryer so it doesn't wrinkle; I set a timer to remind me to take my vitamins. Timer is my best friend!

TT Kim....first, your daughter is beautiful; second...you've definitely brought sexy back! You go girl!

Lynn and Gretchen - welcome aboard! ...slow and steady wins the race.

Liza - hope you are feeling better today. Hope your co-workers are feeling okay too :-)

Tina - Emily is too cute for words; no wonder the DJs talk about her.....what hours do you work at your radio station? "Butterfly Princess Summer Camp?" What little girl wouldn't want to go there?

fan4u2
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
hello all

just a quick drive by to let you all know that i'm still in the swing of weight loss....life has been really busy for me..I haven't read all the posts in the last 3 weeks but i'm sure all is fine with you all....Happy belated birthday to allanah:bday2you:....well i'm almost 30 pounds lost .2 to get there which will make 20 to go feeling great I ever discussed lossing 10 more pounds with the cod and they advised me to wait till I get closer to goal and then they will ajust my weight loss weeks no charge whoohhhoooooo....Talk again soon if life slows down for me...lol

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey Danette! Good to see you. Fantastic losses, you will hit that 30 mark any second now!

Katy66
07-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Well I just have to share the great day I'm having. I just walked down to the cafeteria where I work for hot water and lemon juice (trying to get rid of yesterday's sodium) and before I got I had 5 different people comment on my weight loss and how great I was looking. Talking about making you feel good and being even more committed to stay OP.:dancer:

Boo'sMom
07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Morning all--notice I didn't say good?? Anyway--I have to find other things to do to stay busy today--starting with my exercise routine. I had a "to **** with it" night and paid for it this morning. Everyone know I am looking for a teaching job--really thought I had this one in the bag--they called me to interview--I didn't even apply so I took this as a good sign. Interview went great (I thought) but they offered it to someone else. Yeah--what a crock. Found out through a friend that's been in the district forever that A) they called me to fill up their interview quota and B) they can hire a new graduate for $10K less and it's all about the almighty dollar so basically my experience and masters are playing against me! Sounds great huh?? I should have known something was up because 2 schools I didn't apply at called me--twice each time, I explained why I didn't apply there and "Oh--we can work around that" no--they can't. I tend to be bitter and say you get what you pay for--but that's hateful since we were all new at one time. I've had a dull migraine for about the past 36 hours that really rears it's ugly head at bedtime so after I ate things I shouldn't I took a vicodin and a lunesta and went to be at 8:00. Things look a little better this morning. Of course my mom, DH, friends all say "it wasn't meant to be", "there is a better posisiton out there for you", and my personal favorite "God's plan" which I am trying so so hard to accept. Since I am the first to say "give it to God" I guess I should follow my own advice and just release the control monster in my head.

Okay--now that I have dampened everyone's spirits let's move on. I think just writing about it is cathartic. What's pathetic is I didn't even really want this job--it's outside of my girls "feeder pattern" so it was going to be a real trial getting them to their schools and figuring out their after-school deal. So really--it's s good thing--I just don't take "rejection" well.

Okay--NO MORE ME!! Congrats to all you losers--you are doing GREAT!!! Welcome to all our newbies--chime in--ask questions--you will learn a lot!

Love the new avatars--beautiful people--Kim--Ditto on the red--you look gorgeous and better yet--now you feel gorgeous and you deserve it!

I have caught up on reading but not posting so consider this my big hello to you all. I hate to be the big downer--just one of those blue funks we fall into but know that I am dragging my fata$$ out of it--I promise!!

Dan2112
07-11-2007, 10:05 AM
We all go through the Blue Funks, Boo.. We know what you're talking about... I'm sorry you had such a crappy day.

It's hard for your friends and family, when someone they love has a rotten day full of disappointment and stuff like you went through, to know what to say.. Most times, there's nothing someone can say that will make you feel better.. the "wasn't meant to be" and the "God's plan" stuff is just our way of trying to find some way to say something that won't make you feel worse.. But of course, the don't always work that way...

I'm a firm believer in the "S-happens" theory of life... We make our own luck and learn the skills... Sometimes the chips fall where we want them, and sometimes they don't... This time around, you got the short end of a very short stick.. It sucks, I know.. I've been there.

The only other "words of wisdom" (taken with a grain of salt alternative) I can give is that, from the perspective of someone who only sees you through messages on a web page, you've got a lot of good going on in your life too, and while it's hard, we need to hold onto those things when other things turn crappy... 18lbs. lost is no little thing.. Especially since your basically half way there.. !!!

Keep it up and have a better day today... And thanks for the words of encouragement you yourself pass along!

Boo'sMom
07-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks Dan--I really do appreciate it. And I often need the reminder of just how great I have it. Maybe this would be a good time to start my list again. Whenever I think about how much I hate my current job I realize it's not the job--it's the paycheck--but I also have to remember I have a lot less responsibility too--no grading, no parents, no conferences, no lesson plans--see--I really do have it good. THANKS!

emmysmom
07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Haha, Barbara, I am constantly yelling at my kids and DH to stay off my plate for the same reason. One of my daycare kids will ask for a grape or a cherry when they see me eating, and I say, "Nope, sorry, these are measured." They accept that answer with a confused look. Makes me laugh every time.

Ha! That made me laugh...why, you ask? Because I've said the same thing more than once.:D

emmysmom
07-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Tina - What a cutie pie your little girl is!!!!! Was she shy in the studio or did she grab the mic and not want to let go?

Liza - I've been bringing her in to work with me since she was a newborn...she was 3 in March and she is just finally starting to overcome her shyness with the mic. She was on with the morning team again today...my little "superstah"...

4us
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Kristen- That just stinks! But you feel better for working out right?

emmysmom
07-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, Danette!!! Keep up the excellent work!

Joni - I work from 8:30am - 4:30pm...I'm the business manager at the station. The only time I'm on the air is when I do an occasional commercial to help out. And Butterfly Princess Camp went wonderfully yesterday! There were about 12 other little girls there - all of whom Emmy now refers to as "her friends". I bought her a new leotard and skirt last night. She was really looking forward to class this morning. I told her that I would bring her a happy meal at lunch and we'll have a picnic in the van before I take her to preschool...thunderstorms all day, so I'm improvising on the picnic.:)

CandlePrincess
07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS GRAPIC FOOD IMAGES

ok...wednesday WI day. I wake up take dfs to daycare and come home give dfd her bottle and ate my yogurt and drank my grapefruit juice and drank some water. Normal on plan breakfast for me.....now I want a hamburger. A big one...not some small measured and portioned thing...but a big juicy greasy hamburger with a bun with seeds on it. I want all the fixings and I want it NOW. And of course I want those french fries to go with it. It's a good thing I live out of town and going to get the above mentioned items would be more of an effort than I'm willing to give up! I don't know if it's the day or what but I'm dragging and not feeling like being on LAWL today. I don't feel like I've lost any weight since the last WI, and I just really want to quit.....actually the plan was to cheat big time after WI.....how bad is that!

Now having said all that I know this is working...I know it's a process and I know it takes time......I just miss the foods I've come to enjoy. I'm so sick of chicken i could cluck!

well it's almost lunch time....i know i'm going to be eating OP, because that is what i do now.....but that hamburger sure sounds yummy!

Wendelina
07-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Gloob Blorming Eberymody!

Oh.. sorry.. I guess I shouldn't type with banana in my mouth...

Good Morning Everybody! Happy Wednesday!

I think I'm feeling some of what Kristen's going through. I've been playing badminton for 5 days straight, stayed POP for 4 days in a row and gained 2 lbs. Wtf??

Thanks for the information Felicia - maybe I'd better hit the lemon water hard to rid myself of this pesky water weight??

Joni - I'll take the inches gone vs. what the sclae says anyday! I've learned from working out before that eventually the sclae catches up with the rest of your body and starts moving again once it adjusts to the change in metabolism.

Kim II-Va Va Voom! I should hope the dh gave you "the look"! I would call that one helluva NSV. ;)

Tina - your little girl is a doll - what a fun experience for her! AND you have it on a cd.. great keepsake!

Katie - Yeah - my sharing skills went away as soon as I started measuring things too. I'm waiting for my youngest dd to start using that excuse too next time someone asks her to share something.

Leann - Sounds like you need an attitude adjustment, young lady! Turn that frown upside down! That's an order! :drill:

Dan - I hope you've forgiven yourself today. You handled your stressful situation quite well though. You may have been emotional when you ate, but it doesn't really sound like typical emotional eating... otherwise you'd have gone to McDonalds and said "f - it!" :mcd:

Danette - Nice to hear from you again! Great job on your loss! I'm nearly to the 30 lb mark as well. Show that sclae who's boss! :cheer:

:welcome3: to Renee, Lynn and Gretchen!

Jillian - I've never tried eggplant.. is it like eating zucchini?

Hellos to the rest of ya'll! Where is everyone?? Are you out there reading and not posting? Sheesh.. start typing already!! :D

Dang.. time's up.. boss is here... gotta run!

Wendelina
07-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Hang tough, Heather!!

Snowdogs
07-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Heather- Stay strong! You can do this.
I cheated yesterday with greasy food and I PAID for it big time. I don't want to see fast food for a lONG time.

The sun is out, it looks BEAU - T - FUL outside ! I'm looking forward to a long walk/jog with the dogs tonight!

Tundra punkin head is being a Brat with a capital B. If one of the "boys" are on the couch she'll get ME up to let her out, which gets the boys up. Then she'll prance over and take the boys spot on the couch.
At night she lays on the bed for a few minutes & then goes to her bed on the floor. About 2-4am she wakes up and wants her spot on the bed - well if there's another dog or legs or something there- she wakes ME up, I get up (then I have to pee) so I go downstairs - she of course doesn't follow, she takes her place on the bed. But by then the boys are up and they want outside. This takes about 5 min.
Then lately 5:00 - 5:30 AM she wakes up and wants out - so I get up and put her out - TO STAY while to get my butt back to bed until 5:50AM when I actually have to be up.

Oh this girl ! I love her to death but if she doesn't get over this phase soon I'm gonna ... Well, nothing. LOL :-) She's my Tundra punkin head brat face and well, I'll just rub her belly and get on with life :-)
*Why can she be a cuddly sleeper like my boys (Timber & Louie)?

Maybe with a 2-3 mile jog tonight she'll sleep better --- I need to get better on my favorite saying: A Tired Dog is A GOOD Dog ! (and a well exercised human!)

Kimphin
07-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Morning All

I promise to stay in a positive frame of mind today BUT since I have started swimming my laps a week ago I am now up a glorious 6 lbs.. Come on! I need Nicole or Kim or Joni on here giving me a big WTF and Joni a really convincing article that this is supposed to happen. I will stay POP but want an explanation from all my wise friends!

You asked - You got it!

WTF Kristen?????

OK - now for my rationale - in the process of working muscle and building muscle, it gets damaged and repairs itself. Immediately after working out, muscles retain not only water, but lactic acid (this is why you are sore after a workout) That's the bad news. The good news is that this is not permanent, and when you build additional muscle, your metabolism rises, because it takes more energy to maintain muscle than fat. So, my little neighbor friend, keep it up, and not only will the 6 come off, but you will find it easier to maintain that svelte new you!

Boo'sMom
07-11-2007, 12:05 PM
WendyII--thanks for the kick in the butt. After my workout and shower I really do feel better. I keep reminding myself I didn't even want the stupid job--I think I just wanted them to want me!

Snowdogs--I could just visualize you getting up and down. Amazing what a pet can get us to do--things my own kids can't get out of me! My little 4 lb. princess doesn't like anyone to sit near me on the couch so she gets right in their face and shows her tiny teeth--hardly convincing but quite funny.

Snowdogs
07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh I know - and every time she does it I think about doing it or not - but always end up doing it because the 1 time I don't - she'll probably pee on the floor :-)

And heck - I'm an obedience instructor and my dogs still have me wrapped around their paws :-)

Everyone always asks if we'll have kids, the human kind. I tell them I like my furkids because if I have enough of them and put them in the fence outside I can't get put in jail. LOL ;-P

Joni135
07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Snowdogs....it must be a girl dog thing since mine does the same stuff that Tundra punkin head is doing...getting me up at all hours; taking my place on the couch and all this while being as cute as can be. I can totally relate to your post...funny name, by the way, tundra punkin head brat....

Heather - I think a lot of us have the kind of day you are having. Please be good to yourself. and if you are really, really craving that burger, just make sure it's not the big huge one you want....remember 1 McD's burger = 1/2P and 2 starches. Work it into your plan. I read your post and thought it said "I'm so sick of children" and then I realized it said "chicken." You had me very worried there for a moment. Go back and focus on some of your goals...they should be in writing somewhere to remind you!

Lea Ann - man, you throw a great pity party. I almost starting feeling really, really sorry for you, and then I kept reading and your other post made me realize you are just having a funky day. It will pass. They always do. It's so darn dreary here today, I should be having a blue day myself...but I guess my early morning workout is still releasing endorphins and making me oh so happy. Know what else..when I eat right, I also feel better; when I cheat, I focus on how bad I am; when I don't cheat, my focus tends to be on how good I am. Today, I am good.

Kristen - okay, I found some stuff, but it won't thrill you. First, there is a thread over at 3FC Forum home page that talks about exercise and weight gain...here's the link, but you probably won't like what it says....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76884

Then I found this...(I did not make up the saluation!).

Dear Fat swimmer,
Swimming is a wonderful form of exercise. It uses almost all the major muscle groups, and places a vigorous demand on your heart and lungs. It develops muscle strength and endurance, and improves posture and flexibility. The buoyancy factor makes it especially useful for people who are overweight, pregnant, or with leg or lower back problems. It is a great sport for people of all ages and all proficiency levels. In order to lose weight, you might want to keep your swimming regime (speeding up your pace a little bit and increasing the length of your swimming sessions, if necessary), and supplement it with some good-paced, arm-swinging walks.

Researchers on swimming and weight loss, however, have produced inconsistent and contradictory results. Studies have found that swimmers lost weight (and body fat), gained a few pounds, and had no weight changes at all. In most of the cases where swimmers gained weight, it was lean body mass (muscle) and not fat. If your primary reason for swimming is to lose weight, cut down on your calorie intake. In addition, speed up your strokes and increase your duration -- sometimes, people don't swim fast enough or long enough. At a slow pace, twenty laps may burn only fifty calories -- little more than simply staying afloat. On the other hand, a swimmer doing a brisk forward crawl will often burn as much as eleven calories per minute Finally, this.

I notice that when I exercise I tend to gain weight. Will that be a problem for me? Why is it that I am eating a proper diet but just tend to gain weight?

A: If you are burning more calories from exercising but gaining weight, take a look at the bigger picture to see if you can figure out why.
Type of Exercise
What sort of exercise are you doing? If, for example, you are swimming as your primary exercise choice, you may end up eating MORE than you were before you started exercising (I know swimming always makes me feel famished!) Your body may not be able to burn as many calories in a typical swim workout as it can during land-based exercise due to the buoyancy effect of the water, the cooler temperatures (less sweating), and the need for the body to maintain a certain amount of bodyfat to insulate you from the water.

Remember, it's NOT the number on the scale that matters, but how you feel, how your clothes fit, and what your body composition is.

Joni135
07-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Snowdogs...love the avatar (Katie is going to be quite jealous that your dogs have a pool and she doesn't).

and the profile picture of the sled...where's the snow??? Okay, I see a little bit. I'd love to be behind the wheel of one of those going really, really fast in a snow covered valley.

slim n trim
07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Howdy All,

Lea ann - so sorry you are in a funk, that is so unfair. I have had similar situations in the past - and it just pi$$es you off. Just want to take the steel toed workboot and kick someone right square in the a$$. How about you just vent that anger on some extra trips from the condo to the lake and back. You will thank yourself for it later. :hug:

Heather - stay strong:carrot:

Danette - way to go on the almost 30 lbs, and hello ... how have you been

Kristen - I feel for you. :shrug: It is so unfair, you excersise and gain, but I can tell you from experience, it is temporary and the scale will catch up with you. When I first started working out on a regular basis I was not losing, and then after about 3 or 4 weeks, I stepped on scale and I was down like 5 pounds or something. Just think about how good you feel, and how good you look, and the fact that you have lost almost 100#'s. That is truly amazing!

Okay that said - I am saying it as much to hear it myself as anyone - because I am having similar issues. At least my scale isn't going up, but I would give anything to see something less than 145 on my scale. ARRRG :devil: However, even though the scale is stuck, clothes are looser, so at least hopefully I am toning up some muscles and thats better than nothing. I really need to work on convincing myself that the scale is just a stupid useless number that has no meaning or value. :tantrum:

OK I feel better now. thanks for letting me vent.

Hi Wendy, Kim, Kim, Amy, Cassie, Dan, Katie, Angie, Carrie, Tina, Joni, Liza, Jill, Nicole, and all the rest of you as well - sorry names escaping me at the moment. :wave:

Gotta go, talk to you later,

Snowdogs
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm actually thinking of getting one of those above ground blue pools with a frame for next year - dogs & me :-)

Yeah - like that snow? There was just enough on the shoulder of the road :cool:
I have a pic of me and the Mals sledding, more snow, but it's a long distance shot so you really can't see much.
The Malamutes aren't made for speed, but the GSP is - so I have to ride the brakes a lot to keep him at a pace the Malamutes can keep up with :-) Fast enough for me though.

I also Skijor (xcountry ski attached to the dogs, only 2 of them though, I don't have a death wish )
and in the fall, or no snow winters, I cart with them - I ride on a 3 wheeled cart. I also bikjor with them, again only with 2 of them - even with 2 I've had my brakes brake.:smug:

JLem311
07-11-2007, 01:09 PM
hey y'all. i'm back from COD, and i lost another pound! yay!
that makes my total: 35lbs! whoo! very pleased with that. i know that i could be at about 45lbs without all the cheats (or chooses) here and there, but that's life.

CandlePrincess
07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
ok..back from lunch...i had a nice 7 layer salad....and an enlish muffin toasted with turkey and warmed in the mirowave, another bottle of water and I gave in and had a 100 calorie pack of lorna doone cookies....i feel better...and that hamburger isn't quite as appealing!

Joni: I have days when I am sick of children...but usually they aren't mine! It's those middle schoolers where I work that drive me off the deep end most of the time time! But it's still summer and I have a few months before they turn into monsters! LOL

slim n trim
07-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Snowdogs...love the avatar (Katie is going to be quite jealous that your dogs have a pool and she doesn't).

to funny Joni :rofl::rofl:

by the way snowdogs, I love the photo as well.

yay Jill - good job.

Boo'sMom
07-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah Jillian!!

Joni--so good toknow I am good at something--LOL. I try not to throw too many pity parties but when i do they are all out!

Karen--this too shall pass... but thanks

Katy66
07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
My DD always asks for a bite of my one of my bars and there ain't no way I'm sharing those. "This is all Mommy gets sweet and you want to take it away from me?"

Wendelina
07-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Yay Jillian! Good job!

Lea Ann - it's good to excel at something! I throw a mean pity party too.. but only twice a year. It just takes too much out of a girl!

Joni - great info on the exercise... you rock. :-)

Karen - Honey, I would kill to have my sclae look back at me and say 145! lol

mamato2girls
07-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I've been going through a lot the past several days dealing with this depression, new meds, counseling, etc. The good news is that I am maintaining my weight through all this. Yay me! Unfortunately, I rewarded myself last night with a yummy frozen treat that is dear to Kristen's heart. I won't say the word, but it begins with a "B" and rhymes with "wizard". Anyway, I got that out of my system, and now I can go back to being good today. I also found out today that my depression may have a physical cause. It seems that my estrogen levels are low...almost to the point of menopause. Not the news you want to hear when you're only 34. I'm not crazy about pursuing HRT, but we'll have to see what my gynecologist has to say when I follow up with her.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

slim n trim
07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Karen - Honey, I would kill to have my sclae look back at me and say 145! lol

lol Wendy .... I suppose you are right... I shouldn't feel sorry for myself that I can't get the scale to move ... enough of the pity party! Thanks for the reality check!!

There are lots of people who would probably feel like you do. I should be grateful that it says 145 and not 165 anymore. I really am happy, its just that I want a liiiiiitttttllllleeee bit more, but I am happy, I promise. :)

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Everyone always asks if we'll have kids, the human kind. I tell them I like my furkids because if I have enough of them and put them in the fence outside I can't get put in jail. LOL ;-P

Oh, so it is not okay to put the kids out in the fence when you have had enough of them......

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Wendy- So sorry that you are having a tough time. When I had my first baby I had terrible baby blues for a couple of months. When the second baby was born, the doctor started me on estrogen the day of my Csection. He said that the body drops really low in estrogen when you have a baby and that is what causes the depression. Anyway, thanks to the Premarin, I did not have baby blues. We did the same with the third baby, and it all worked out very well. So, to make a long story short, don't be afraid of the HRT. If it makes you feel better, it is totally worth it!

healthy2b
07-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi all.....I'm MIA for one day and I'm like six pages behind!!!! Went to COD today and was down another .8 that makes me down 2.6 for the week. Hopefully, I don't blow it by Friday.....seems like no matter what I'm always up in weight on Fridays. I went for my pre-op yesterday (having a hysterectomy next week) and the doctor says I may not be able to exercise for up to six weeks. Has anyone out there had a hysterectomy and if so how long before you were able to exercise. I'm afraid if I get out of the habit for too long it will take me for ever to get back into a routine of exercising.

I noticed some newbees - welcome Renee, Gretchen and Lynn. You will enjoy this site and all the people full of great info.

And....Good luck, Way to go, and/or You can do it! ..... to everyone else where it pertains. Way too hard to catch up with personals......

amylou7777
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone!
Just back from another w/i and I've lost that 1/2lb I gained plus another pound so I am pleased. I've been OP but know that I've gone a little over on my dairy lately. I never realized TOM made me crave dairy but I guess I does.

I've been pretty lazy about measuring too so I think I'm going to start that up again to make sure my "eyeballing it" is actually correct.

Wendy-congrats on maintaining your weight through your struggles. I have many family members who have gone through it and sometimes feeling better is more important that sticking to your guns about whether HRT is the right thing. I hope things look up for you.

Snowdogs- love the new pic of the "kids"! Our bulldog has a little pool like that too for these hot summer days!

Jillian-congrats on your consistent losses and keeping up with the workouts. I've been slacking thanks to TOM but managed to get in a little yoga booty ballet DVD last night so that was good!

Karen you have done so well! The scale WILL move! But to me having clothes feel looser is the BEST feeling ever. I'm still waiting to be too small for my jeans...hasn't happened yet but that will be a great day when that happens!

Carrie-great loss this week!

I'm still catching up on everyone elses posts...have a great day everyone!

JerseyMadchen
07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey Amy!

I did Yoga Booty Ballet last night too. I LOVE IT. I am a little sore today, actually a LOT sore. It feels great though. I am still on the basic... which level/DVD do you use?

lizababe
07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I read through all of these but I've already lost track of what I've read. I'll try to do more personals later. I just know that I want to second the notion that I'd give just about anything to see 145 like Karen does!

I'm feeling better today. Still having some waves of dizziniess and tummy is making some weird sounds. Hopefully it'll be ALL better by tomorrow. The salt wasn't as consequential as I feared. Just up 1/2 lb on the sclae today. I'm going to try to go for a bike ride tonight to get rid of that before WI tomorrow. I might do WI on Friday instead so it can be more accurate.

Something happened at work today that has me pretty upset. Someone I trusted did something to me that feels like a complete setup. I'm sure the company wants to lay people off so to not hurt my feelings, it looks like I'm being set up to think I did something wrong. Hard to get into detail but I'm so disappointed in this person. I still have my job but the thought of running away to Mexico to make bobble heads and tortillas for tourists on the beach is really tempting to me right now.

I have to get ready to go back in now and pretend I'm none the wiser. I really hate behind the scenes politics and games.

equinetcan
07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello everyone,

Not sleepy yet but after only about 3.5 hours of sleep and up at 515 this morning I have a feeling I will be in bed early tonight. Its hard to swing back and forth between late shifts and early ones.

I go back to work today and find out yesterday the RCMP were called and now we have security guards at the 2 main doors for awhile. All because of the union recruitment going on. It is getting a little bit nasty and now we have guards. I will be gald when I can just go to work again and not have all this stuff happening.

Not a lot new on my end as all I did was work today. Just waiting for supper to finish cooking now and killing some time.

It sounds like lots are having good WI and that is really nice to hear.

Hope everyone has a good night. I'll check in later

KrispieD
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately, I rewarded myself last night with a yummy frozen treat that is dear to Kristen's heart. I won't say the word, but it begins with a "B" and rhymes with "wizard"!!

OH SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!!!!!! Listen if I am going to gain all this weight swimming I plan to keep myself afloat by filling my tummy with Blizzards.. er um I mean B Wizards.. of the chocolate mint variety!!!!

Wendy glad to see you back!! Katie I'm in the pool waiting for you!
Someone find Nicole for me.. I need one of her long funny stories to make me laugh or else I shall run the place that starts with DQ and rhymes with Fairy Scene!! Now the deal was I got to have one when I hit goal.. but now I'm over goal with this lovely "I'm trying to exercise my a** off and all I got was a lousy 6lb gain" journey I've put myself on.. so we'll have to take a poll

Does Kristen Get a Blizzard Vote Yes/No
Does Kristen have to get back to Goal to get one Yes/No
Do I have to share with DH or is 9 months of dieting worth getting my own!!

New Theory.. If I'm eating the same and exercising but gaining weight.. could I eat MORE and lose??

Snowdogs
07-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Maybe that's what you need? A few days of eating a bit more than normal - that's not saying to go out and have a B Wizard (I vote wait until goal and get YOUR own!) But maybe add a little protien & starch - especially after your workout. That's what my cousin (dietitian) told me when I asked him about best time to eat carbs and asked about when to eat with working out.

I want to Thank You - you've scared me about working out. This early in the game I don't want to see a gain... LOL, JK.

galachick
07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Good Afternoon Friends! Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Kristen - Don't get too concerned about the added weight after you started swimming. Have you ever seen a "fat" professional swimmer? Actually, I started swimming laps last week. My Mom and Step-Dad just had a pool put in. I won't even say how many laps I am doing. It doesn't come close to yours. But I am hoping to add more with time. I also purchased two water aerobic DVDs and I am looking forward to getting them in the mail. I'll let you know if they are any good. Stay positive. From the looks of things you have accomplished ALOT! PS: I am a DQ B Wizard lover myself! Brownie Batter is my reward! I think after nine months of the hard work you have done you deserve a treat! One Wizard isn't going to send you back to your start weight.... it just having the will power to limit it to one .... you have it or you wouldn't have come this far!!!!!

Katie - Thanks for the welcome. I am so glad I found some LAWL lifers and livers (yuck, that doesn't sound right!) to share this journey with.

Katy - I can imagine those comments from your fellow co-workers really made you feel good. I look forward to hearing some of those from my co-workers in a few months.

Boo - Sorry about the teaching job. Just remember, God's ways are many---
Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths (Psalm 25:4). But basically some things in life just SUCK! And it helps to tell others about it when it does. It is obvious you have lots of caring friends in this thread who are here to listen. If anything you have helped me realize I can share the good and bad with these folks and still have support. Don't beat yourself up by saying they rejected you. First, they can't possibly really know you from an interview and resume. Just keep that in mind... how can someone truly reject you if they don't truly know you and your capabilities? OK, now the counselor in me is coming out... I'll shut up! Keep the Faith!

Snowdogs - ...love the avatar! Your furkids look so huggable! I have two myself. Sadie - a blond long-haired chi (mixed with something). My son and I rescued Sadie from the pound. We also have a golden retriever, Scout who is in his adolescent years! .... and a long haired cat, Roxie, who thinks she owns the place ... and a gerbil, Boo, who is enjoying it when I share my veggies with him... it is his special treat. So you are an obedience trainer? OK, Moms, don't take this the wrong way but I find that training your dog is a lot like parenting. Many of the same tactics work with children. It is just that as they go throught each developmental stage you have to learn new tactics or tweek the old ones. Someday maybe I'll write a parenting book about this! LOL!

Karen - I can't wait to get to 145! Heck, I can't wait to get to your starting weight! Stay strong!

Jillian - Way to Go! You go Girl!

Heather - I am so encouraged to hear you made it through without the dreamy hamburger! Ditto with the kids! I work in a K- 5 elementary school (on summer break now) and sometimes the kiddos there can drive me crazy especially the pre-teen girls. But most days I love all of them dearly...even the difficult ones...sometimes, I love them the most. But I previously worked in a middle school (loved those kids, too) and, yes, they can be trying!!! Enjoy the time you have left before the new school year begins. We go back for preplanning on Aug. 5. UUUGGGGHHHH!

Wendy II - Thanks for sharing the Weight Loss Adventure pics. You look great! I'll share too when I have something to share.

Wendy - I could talk all day about life with depression but I will spare you the soapbox. I was diagnosised with depression several years ago and had no idea I was even depressed. Yes, I have a masters degree in counseling but didn't realize what was happening because it came on gradually. Luckily, the Wellbutrin worked and I thank God everyday for the company/person who developed it. Once the meds started working I felt like I have walked out of a dark grey fog into the sunshine. There are lots of different treatments and meds out there. I am sure your docs will find one that works for you. Regardless, what kind of meds they find that help you just remember... depression is a medical condition just like diabetes. The chemicals in the body are balanced. Many diabetics benefit from insulin just as many people with depression benefit from antidepression meds. And, the anxiety, does play a part. There are also usually some OCD (Obssesive-Compulsive) tendencies present with the anxiety that can snowball into depression. It will get better.

Carrie - "Yeah" congrats on the loss!

Amy - WOOOO-HOOOO! Keep it up!

Liza - Hang tough! Sorry to hear about the problems at work.

WOW! It takes a while to catch up and reply! I hope I didn't anyone confused with someone else! I WI in tomorrow. We will see how things go! I am still having trouble getting all my servings in!

Later,

Mama Nicole
07-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Hello my dear friends :)
I am only on page 7, and trying to catch up on everything that is going on, but I know I am going to be interrupted before I get to the end, so I wanted to post a quick hello.

I have been very bad. I am up a few, but will be good tomorrow, I PROMISE!!! It's my mom's house.........

Anywho......the reason I have been MIA, and thanks so much for missing me......is that my 4 yo DS had his tonsils and adenoids out and tubes put in on Monday. He stayed overnight at the hospital, and has been quite needy since we got home (to mom's house). Anyway........I will try to catch up a bit more later.........but wanted to touch base quickly and let you know how very much I have missed you all!!!

Welcome to all the newbies.....I can't wait to get to know you all. I think I saw someone that looks like my twin........LOL.

Ok, my cousin just got here........XOXO

galachick
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Nicole,

My heart goes out to you during the post op for your DS. My DS, Will, had his out the week before he turned 3 yrs old. I was separated from my former DH who wasn't any help at all -- news flash! He was too busy starting a new family .... whole other long story! Anyway, I just remember keeping the pain meds going round the clock. If they were ever late, it wasn't good! Actually my 6 year old neice had the same surgery this morning. I am headed there now to assist. My sister was a trememdous help with Will.

Hang in there,

LYNNTHEPB
07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Everyone... Oh My how do you keep up with all the posts LOL... I snuck on at work and could not believe how many posts since last night!!!! Well I was up 3 lbs on Monday but I was down 2.6 tonight Wooohoooo!!!!!! I was a really bad girl on the weekend and it really showed... But back on track now and determined to lose a couple more by Friday........ Hope everyone had a great day.....I am going to make dinner so will be back a little later.... {{{{Hugs}}}}

LYNNTHEPB
07-11-2007, 05:31 PM
BTW how do I change my sliding scale????

Snowdogs
07-11-2007, 05:35 PM
OH Renee ! You've just said what I've been saying for a long time !! I think raising/dogs kids is very much alike - except that kids grow up and can start to take care of themselves. Dogs, well, they're life long 2yr olds.

Yeah, I do some obedience training and I'm taking course work as well to get certified.

We have the 3 dogs (very huggable :) people dogs) and 2 shorthair cats, and some fish.

Nicole - I thought the same thing (twins) - I can't remember who it is though! LOL

slim n trim
07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Carrie - its true - not excercising, no vacuuming, and I was not even allowed to drive for 3 weeks. :nono:
I had hysterectomy when I was only 30 years old (very young for that). I had to take 6 weeks off work, I did go back after 5 weeks, but the 6th week, I just worked mornings rather than all day, and was not allowed to do much at all.

Although, this was like 15 years ago or so, and they may do the surgery different now. I was cut wide open, but they might do it laser now.
If they have to open you up, trust me, its excersise just to walk around.

I hope I haven't provided to much info and scared you off...... if you are having problems, it is definetely worth it.

pjbeau
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey, All-

I've been sort of bad. I went camping for five days and did okay, but not great. Mostly, too much red meat. So, of course on Monday I had a two pound gain (no surprise there). Luckily, it was only temporary and today I'm back down.

I'm back on track now, so I hope to lose at least a pound by next Monday. I've accepted Pearl motto, I'll take it one pound at a time and be happy.

You people are so chatty in here, there's no way I can catch on personals, but I hope everyone had a nice 4th and a big "HEY" to all.

Snowdogs
07-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Lynn - you're right- this can be a chatty place ! pages & pages in a day alone.

1 thing I've noticed about LAWL - it's not real forgiving with slip ups - so just keep that in mind. I do. I plan ahead and decide if "it's worth it".
The thing you need to do is get back on track after & before (if possible) a slip up or planned off plan meal.

healthy2b
07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Karen....even though you were the barer of bad news:cry:, Hopefully, I won't have to have an incision, but he said no guarantees. What a bummer....I'm just starting to get the hang of this way of eating and my body has to go and through a wrench right in the middle of it. I am hoping that I can at least start taking a walk or walking on the treadmill a week after. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

slim n trim
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed for you Carrie that they can do the surgery laser. It would be a much quicker recovery.

Make sure you keep us posted as to how you are doing.

I am sure you will bounce back quickly anyway because you already do lots of excersising so thats gonna help you a bunch.

LYNNTHEPB
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Lynn - you're right- this can be a chatty place ! pages & pages in a day alone.

1 thing I've noticed about LAWL - it's not real forgiving with slip ups - so just keep that in mind. I do. I plan ahead and decide if "it's worth it".
The thing you need to do is get back on track after & before (if possible) a slip up or planned off plan meal.
I think I learned THAT realy quick after this weekend..... :(
I am going to try and plan around bad weekdns if I can I have a wedding coming up in August and we are staying the weekend at my cousins so I hope to try and stay on track........

Boo'sMom
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Nicole!!!! So good to see you. DS is lucky to have you and Grandma for nurses--he'll do great.

Renee--thanks a bunch--education is a weird field sometimes--I am a serious control freak (working on it--I think God is testing me and it's working!) Counsel away--I've no doubt I need it. My Boo (avatar) is a 2yr. long hair chih.--she rules the roost.

must run--dinner hasn't even been thought about!

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 07:55 PM

and the profile picture of the sled...where's the snow??? Okay, I see a little bit. I'd love to be behind the wheel of one of those going really, really fast in a snow covered valley.

Yeah, how fair is that?

Repo girl
07-11-2007, 08:01 PM
OH SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!!!!!! Listen if I am going to gain all this weight swimming I plan to keep myself afloat by filling my tummy with Blizzards.. er um I mean B Wizards.. of the chocolate mint variety!!!!

Wendy glad to see you back!! Katie I'm in the pool waiting for you!
Someone find Nicole for me.. I need one of her long funny stories to make me laugh or else I shall run the place that starts with DQ and rhymes with Fairy Scene!! Now the deal was I got to have one when I hit goal.. but now I'm over goal with this lovely "I'm trying to exercise my a** off and all I got was a lousy 6lb gain" journey I've put myself on.. so we'll have to take a poll

Does Kristen Get a Blizzard Vote Yes/No
Does Kristen have to get back to Goal to get one Yes/No
Do I have to share with DH or is 9 months of dieting worth getting my own!!

New Theory.. If I'm eating the same and exercising but gaining weight.. could I eat MORE and lose??

I say to to Fairy Scene, and have your very own B Wizard. The mocolate blint kind. You deserve it, this gain is just a little bump in the road, and you should not be punished for it!

Debbie367
07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Good evening all! Welcome to all the newbies :welcome3:

Jillian- :celebrate: WTG on your 35lb loss...you are rockin' :cheer2:

Lea Ann - Big hugs to you!! Sorry you had such a shi**y day. Let's go have a liquid fruit. :)

Nicole - Hang in there....I am hoping your DS has a very speedy recovery!

I know I haven't covered everyone on the personals..sorry! I am thinking of you all and proud of everyone for hanging in there and coming to the board for support!

I was really hungry today...I have not been weighing and measuring but am eating the right things and give it a good "eyeball". I need to recommit to weighing and measuring...perhaps we should do another POP challenge and I can actually participate this time :) What do you guys think?

Debbie367
07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
mmmmm wizards.....:doh:

BarbaraB
07-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Carrie, My sister had one done a couple of years ago and it was no exercise for 6 weeks then too. I had a uterine ablation that fixed me right up a few years ago and really just in bed about 2 days and then back to almost normal. Don't know if that would be something that would help your problem.

Renee\Snowdogs, I think that dogs are MUCH easier than teenagers!

Lynne, I'm sure that your weekend gain was mostly due to salt. Its amazing how many things are just laced with sodium. Did you say fondue... well there you go... yummy salt laced stuff.

Kristen, I am sure that the gain is temporary. Like give it a week and it will slowly go away. When I exercised and found the scale popping up, somehow eating lighter starches for a day or two seemed to erase the upswing. I think it has to do with the posts that were mentioned earlier about the glycogen store in the muscles...

LeeAnn, they probably interviewed a lot of people, and only one got hired. They obviously knew and liked you to even call you up to fill their quota. Still the stress of going and interviewing is a lot to go through. Something better may just come your way soon.

Karen, I too wish that I could see 145... It could be that you are starting to get down into a body fat that your body is going to start trying to defend (as essential fat is about 14%) I found a bunch of web sites where you can enter you measurements and it will give you an estimate of your body fat. Different ones said slightly different things... but they tended to be close in their answers... given that and the body fat measuring scale, I chose to stop trying to lose weight (my body apparently came to that decision about a month before I did though). So do a sanity check to see if your goal is even reasonable as far as body fat goes. I think trying to get below 15% is likely to be a frustrating exercise and not even healthy. I stopped at about 18%, decided I probably wasn't going to maintain below that.

To all you chickies and roosters, hope your day was POP. I had a decent WI this morning, so first week of maintenance and I managed to not totally blow it yet. Of course went out to lunch and need a light dinner to stay POP today! Great thing in maintenance they only want to see you once a week and it had been 10 days since I was there, and no lecture... and I got the counselor of many lectures too.... I think she feels like she has not done her job unless she finds something to chastise you about.

Katy66
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey gang! This is a chatty bunch. I've read through some of the posts but not sure how long it would take me to catch up.

Nicole - Sorry your DS' recovery is tough but believe me you will be glad you did it! My DD had her tonsils and adenoids out at 2.5 and she has been so much healthier since then. Hang in there!

Carrie - sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Liza - it really sucks when someone you thought you could trust stabs you in the back. Keep you chin up and I'm sure things will work out for the best.

Welcome Renee and all the other newcomers it is good to have you here.

bayoubelle68
07-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Okay, so I'm up to my eyeballs in packing boxes!!! I've had such a tough time packing up our living room! We have these big floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and they are LOADED with tons of hardcover books. So I've been packing some boxes of books to put in storage - until we have bookshelves built in the new house - some boxes of books to sell in our garage sale, and some boxes of books to sell on eBay. You know you have too many books when you're selling a John Grisham COLLECTION on eBay! It is taking SO long to sort through all these books! And then there's all of my Precious Moments figurines. I can't find the boxes for a bunch of them, so I have to just wrap them in bubble wrap and box them carefully. I'm sure the boxes will turn up during the move. I have a LOT of them. I haven't collected them in years, but I used to. Some of them are retired and worth a lot of money, but I don't have time to deal with that right now.

Today, I left the room to come to my bedroom and just sit and veg for a few minutes. Ten minutes later, I went back and found that Elizabeth had unpacked two boxes. She was so proud! "Look, Mama! I put the books on the shelp for you!" (Yes, she says "shelp" instead of "shelf.") I waited until her nap to repack the boxes and SEAL THEM!!!

I am sooooo tired of packing!!! And NOWHERE near finishing!!

Angie
07-11-2007, 10:05 PM
:cb:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF TODAY'S LOSERS! :cb:

Snowdogs (or any other dog lovers) Any ideas on how to get my 5 yr old Jack Russell to stop peeing on stuff? He's been doing it since my son was born (2.5 yrs) and we moved into our new house. Before that, never happened. I'm sure it's all about the reduced attention he gets compared to before. We did do crating again for a bit, that works, but I really am hoping to find another way. In the meantime I'm just putting down wee wee pads and he's at least peeing on those now, instead of on the floor.

but it begins with a "B" and rhymes with "wizard".

Wendy -- Is it buzzard? lol I bet not. It's nice to see you again. Good luck in finding the right treatment for your hormone levels. Are there any alternatives to HRT?

Liza -- I hope that things turn out differently than you suspect at work. It must feel awful to have the suspicion, but not be able to confirm it...and on the other hand, it's not exactly something you want to confirm. Ugh.

Kristen -- In the the OPPOSITE WORLD you are currently inhabiting you will, in fact, need to eat a Blizzard, possibly two, in order to reverse your 6lb gain. I think you are due to pull 'a Jason'.

Lea Ann -- I know I must have missed your post about missing a job opportunity, but I'm really sorry for you too. You deserve a good job, and it must be that the perfect one for you is coming, and you wouldn't be free to take it if you had one already. I'm sure it's around the corner.

Lynn -- Congrats on dropping your weekend gain.

Nicole -- Poor little guy! I had my tonsils out too, and trust me, keep those pain meds and popsicles coming. I was 30 when mine came out, and I think I ate nothing but about 2 cups of jello and a tonne of pills with codeine for 3 days-4 days.

Hi Paula! I hope your camping trip was fun.

Barbara -- Way to go on doing well the first week of maintenance!

Felicia -- Keep plugging away. I'm sure packing and repacking is some form of exercise and will pay off for you in other ways.

CandlePrincess
07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Well WI was good! I was down 3 more ugly pounds! WHOOO HOOO! It was certainly worth skipping the hamburger!

Renee: I work in the clinic at the middle school. I only see the "good kids" if they are really sick. I like to tell the others that "there's nothing you can do to get out of school that I haven't already tried". Some test me and find out I'm telling the truth and we reach an early understanding.....others well they make the year long and sometimes painful. One advantage is I can really tell when kids are sick and when they just have "schoolitis". My principal and all the teachers love me because I don't let them fake their way home. Some have slipped through...but for the most part.....not on my watch! I have worked in healthcare for almost 20 years and so far this is the best job I've had....the money's not so great, but no other company i've thought about has summer's off.......so middle school it is! And like you, I find myself drawn to the "bad kids" a bit more.....maybe because as an adult I know most of them are just finding their way and know that they will get it together.....I DID!!!

Felicia.....it will come to an end. I made a vow when we moved into this house that if we ever moved again I would scrimp, save, borrow or steal to hire movers. I will not move myself again...I have a vast Precious Moment's collection (over 400 figurines) and that in itself was a week long event to pack!

Well tomorrow's another day and I will continue my LAWL journey....hopefully without visions of hamburgers! LOL Ya'll have a good evening and I'll see ya tomorrow!

amylou7777
07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Felicia-GOOD LUCK! Just remember to take it room by room. It will get done. Make sure you label and throw out what you wont need in your new, beautiful home!
How have you been doing with food? I'm starting to get to the "nothing looks or sounds appetizing" stage. I had to force lunch down today. I'm hoping it will pass, but like you I was addicted to cooking sauces and casseroles and things with so much in them!

Renee-it's great to have you here! Sounds like you have a lot to offer! What type of counselor are you?

Lynn-this is indeed a very chatty group! But gosh I've learned a lot!

Liza- what the heck is going on at work! They better not be messing with you while you are sick! I hope you are feeling better and not taking any crap! Doesn't sound like fun.

Debbie-I think another POP challenege would be great. A true measured out POP would really get me in gear. I've totally been lying to myself about "eyeballing" it! How have you been feeling?

Paula-welcome back! Hope you had a great trip! Here's to being back on the wagon!

Amy- I have a few diff YBB DVDS. I've been stuck in the basic for along time. Last night I did the "Live" Cabaret/Hip Hop? It was pretty easy to follow but definitely barely finished and took a couple pauses during the crazy hard moves. I love them!

Carrie, Karen, Katy, Katie, Snowdogs, Tina, Joni, Cassi, Dan, everyone....HELLO and have a great night!

bayoubelle68
07-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Amy - I'm doing a little better. Last night I sauteed trinity, mushrooms, and zucchini and then poured in a jar of my mom's spaghetti sauce. I used hers because I know what's in it - mainly veggies and only about 1/4 cup sugar in the whole quart jar. Then I Pam-fried chicken tenderloins and threw them into the mix at the end. It was really good. I'm sure there was more sodium than necessary, but I knew I needed something different or I was going to end up driving to Outback and waiting in the bushes to snatch take-home boxes from unsuspecting diners!

I know that "going through the motions" of eating is teaching me not to live to eat, but it's such a hard lesson to learn! My mother couldn't cook at all when she and my daddy married and he had to teach her to cook. They were determined not to do that do my future husband, so they started teaching me to cook when I was 4 or 5. By the time I was in high school, I did most of the cooking at our house. I've just always loved it! To feel the way I feel about cooking now (Oh, Lord! Is it time to cook more veggies AGAIN!??) is just so alien to me!

galachick
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Heather - You sound like a wonderful "gate keeper" in the school! Those are hard to come by. We have some professional drama king and queen who will try anything to go home. We call those the "Frequent Fliers". I usually end up with them and their parents in my office trying to come up with a plan to keep them at school. Then I have those who will come to school with a 103 degree fever because they want the perfect attendance award! And their parents will give them Tylenol to try and get them through the day!...Like I want to catch what they have because of some award. My personal philosophy is "Every one deserves a mental health day sometime... no one should have perfect attendance every year!" Yet, just this year, I had one student who had perfect attendance from Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Makes me tired just thinking about it!:faint:

Amy - Obviously, I like to talk:blah: I have been a school counselor in the same school district for 11 years with the first 4 in middle school. For the past 7 years I have been an elementary school counselor at a small school that consist of lots of farm land with third and fourth generations at the school. I am so lucky to work at this school. It is almost like stepping back in time when the elementary school was the heart of the community. Anyway, here in Georgia the school counselor's role and responsibilities are greatly determined by their principal. I am finally working with a principal who lets me do my job as a counselor and doesn't add many administrative responsibilities to my plate. First woman principal I have ever work for... and she by far has the best leadership abilities. I have my specialist degree in Leadership and Administration but with the current status of things I am not sure I want to go into administration. My dream job would be a forensic psychologist... you know a criminal profiler? Yes, I'm crazy but that area of psychology has always intrigued me. But I have found that my job as a school counselor comes close at times. I spend a lot of my time working with children and their families to determine why they are having a difficult time learning. And when my hormonal pre-teen girls (usually third - fifth grade) start the "mean girls stuff" my job is more like a detective! See, I told you I love to talk.:D

Joni135
07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
WTG Heather...OMG, you have 400 Precious Moments figurines....I can't imagine packing all those up!

Angie - no hints on re-training your Jack Russell. My friend has yorkies and one of her males just started peeing "wherever/whenever" -- she had to get him a doggie diaper that he had to wear all the time in the house....what a pain. I'll be curious to see what others say. Thank goodness I don't have that problem..and hope I never do.

Felicia - Mommy's little helper...how cute is that! I hate packing and even when I have used movers, I still do all my own packing. I think I'm just going to die in this house...that's how much I hate packing.

Lynn - how do I change my sliding scale... Check out this link and see if this helps.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94190&highlight=Ticker

Kristen - here's my vote
Does Kristen Get a Blizzard - YES
Does Kristen have to get back to Goal to get one YES...but your LAWL goal is 160, right??
Do I have to share with DH or is 9 months of dieting worth getting my own!! SHARE with DH and DD#1 and DD#2

Liza - hope the ride/fresh air made you feel a little better. Your work situation sounds a bit uncomfortable right now and I hope things turn out okay for you in the end. I sort of like your back up plan though...I'm a big bobblehead fan!!

Carrie - hope all goes well for you next week.

Lea Ann - your big getaway starts Friday, right? Hopefully when you return, all the stars will be lined up in your favor....

Nicole - hope your little one is doing well. Heck, he's got Nurse Mama Nicole at his side...he'll be up and attum in no time!

Good to see Wendy, Sherry (Dolphin) and a few others popping back in.

I have to admit I was hungry all day today. I hate days like that. Then, I went to a dinner meeting and was good all the way up until the dessert part...I had key lime something and it wasn't yogurt. It was soo good. Basically, I blame everyone on this thread for my indiscretions...there was just too much food talk today and I gave in. Guess I better hit the treadmill extra hard tomorrow.....and I did skip my last lite in hopes that things would sort of even out, but I'm sure that slice of heaven had twice the calorie and fat than my lite. Oh well.....I never said I was perfect!

galachick
07-11-2007, 11:26 PM
For those of you with children or those who just love children's books as much as me, here is a great website where the book is read on line. Check it out:

www.storylineonline.net

lizababe
07-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Yay to all of the losers! Great job to all of you for staying POP this week!

Thanks for all of the words of support. I hate having to look over my shoulder all of the time but there are a few people in this biz that really do have my back and I know who they are. I'm looking into some other avenues and have been for a while anyway. Hopefully one of those will come to fruition before I find myself in a clock tower with an abundance of evil sclaes as weapons!

I'm so glad I found this website. You all keep me so motivated and keep me going. Joni - thank you for reminding me of my intentions go to on a bike ride tonight. I read that and got on the bike. First I took the dog so he could get his exercise then took him back home and went for another lap around the island. I feel so good and accomplished now.

As frustrating as life gets at times, I'm still in a happy place. I have hope at least health and looks-wise that I'm finally in the right direction. I love the LAWL plan and this group of people. I'm almost a month into it and I'm not wondering how long until I get off track. With these threads to check daily it keeps me motivated and I know I'm going to the finish line this time! I love reading about all of you and your lives and how much we all have in common, yet are different too. So, thanks to everyone for welcoming me in with such big arms (no pun intended) and making me feel like a part of this community.

I'm still dreaming of Mexico. I'd have to have the internet for sure......

This is where I was wishing I was today. My little hideout and all days and nights pretty much look just like this. Maybe I'll find a few days off before the kiddo gets back and sneak away.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/horse.jpg

lizababe
07-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh and snowdogs... kids and pets are a lot alike. Except, the furkids never learn to stop eating everything they see on the floor. Ever had to pull a ribbon out of a cat's butt while you were entertaining 30 guests for Christmas dinner?

bayoubelle68
07-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Liza - too funny! I haven't had that experience, but I did have to watch for three days while a Cool Whip tub came out!! We didn't know Roux had eaten it until it started coming out.