Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 08:14 AM   #1  

Smile Fabulous 40's #101

Boy are we knocking out these threads

Myra, size 10 is what I'll be one of these days You're going to look great! I guess I'll be having one of those eating out all day days. It's very hard.

Dianne, you have sooooo many gifts. You & Jen I don't know what to get Pete. I left him for last. He doesn't want anything but he says that every year. He needs cologne. I'm picking that up today but I want to get him sonething else. I'm going to the mall with "My Jeter" today. For those of you that are wondering what I'm talking about, lots of people say my son looks like Derek Jeter.

Jen, since I'll be on vacation this week I'll be online more so I'll probably be seeing you again That job offer sounds pretty cool. Something to think about huh.

Terri, you're going away? For how long?

Ruth, Janie & Patch, hi

I'll be back later.

Love,
Essie

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-15-2001 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-15-2001, 04:16 PM   #2  

Hello my buds

Ruth - They believe the baby is a boy and if so, they like the name David (okay with you Es? ) I'm not sure of a middle name yet. I'll laugh if its a girl. They never have a name picked until 2 days after their kids are born, now that they have one before, it will probably be a girl and they'll have to start from scratch I am an executive assistant to the Executive Vice President and Provost, ruth. I've been there 15 years so I guess I'll probably wind up retiring from there - but I've got at least 10-12 years to go, lol.

Jen - I'm excited about these two weeks off, especially going to see my son and his family and the new edition. Only problem is I have to go through summer clothes I put away - cause its still warm in Florida, not as bad as in July - thank God.

Terri - Is is Christmas yet? Enjoy it and your family.

Myra - Size 10 sounds great, I'm in a 12 now, but hopefully that will change soon. Have a great time at the party.

Es - I'd love to see a picture of your "Jeter" - must be sooooooo handsome!

Hi to Patch, zoe, janie and anyone else I've missed. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-15-2001, 07:20 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

In reality I am a 12 too. Knits give a lot so I was able to buy a smaller size. Soon, though, I will be back to size 10 for real.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:33 PM   #4  

YAY MYRA!! That dress sounds beautiful!!!! Great job. Just make good choices at the party and enjoy a little. At least it is the night after weigh-in. Have fun!

Jen,
Hope the final goes we\ll. I am sure you will ace it! . Our Christmas was yesterday and it was wonderful. The kids were all excited about their gifts. I bought the nost wanted gifts and gave the folks in Ohio the after thoughts.

Patch,
That is so funny about the nickname. It is always fun to have one as long as it is nice.

Dianne,
Good luck with the birth of that little precious baby. You better let us know right away. It will be awhile before I have any so I will live vicariously though all of you.

Es,
Too funny about the perfumed chocolates. That is the way they all should be. I could have eaten a whole box in my day! That is so cool about your cute son. Jeter is handsome. I saw him in a dress in People. They were doing a skit on Yankee wives.
Bruce got me a beautiful sweater. The jacket kind. Britts knew I wanted it and she showed him and some other smaller things. I get the biggest present in Ohio. The boys got Game Boy advances and games for Palystation and the advance and a few other things. Britts got a lot of cute things and we went to a Chinese buffet and while we were eating Brittant went up to the cashier (Unbeknownst to us) (always wanted to use that word) and paid for Lunch. When Bruce opened the check he was so surprised. That was her present to us. So we are getting pizza tonight to watch the Steelers tonight on ESPN since we saved money yesterday. She got big HUGS from us. I hope you think of something for Pete. I got Bruce the Godfather trilogy for DVD.

THANKS FOR THE CHRISTMAS WISHES EVERYONE! We are leaving Thursday in the morning. The boys have parties in the am on Wednesday and I have a Brunch to go to Tuesday also at a friends house. At least since it is at 8:30 I won't want to eat too much. I hope you all have a safe Holiday and I will try to come on once in awhile on Bruce's laptop. But I will be here for a few more days.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-16-2001, 07:15 PM   #5  

Terri, I love your attachment!!!!! Sooooooooooo cute! For some reason I can't open big ones. It tells me they're too large Pete has the Godfather, Part 2 & 3 on VHS. I ordered City Slickers 1 & 2. Part 1 they didn't have it on DVD so I ordered Part 2 DVD & Part 1 VHS. He loves those movies. Hopefully I'll get them before Xmas. So sweet of Brittany. What color is your sweater? I like sweaters. Nice gift

Dianne, does your job have a pension plan? Mine doesn't. Bummer I've been there 13 yrs. By the way, great name for the baby!

I am so tired We were out all day. Going to watch a movie then to sleep.

Till tomorrow,
Es

Hi Jen, Myra, Jane, Ruth, Sandy & Patch. Hope that's everybody. Can't think straight right now. Too tired.

Goodnight

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 12-16-2001 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-16-2001, 07:48 PM   #6  

Hi gals,

I am so glad to find everyone here. I am still new to the group so it takes a while to read and match everyone up in my little head.

Welcome Patch ,
I love the source of your nickname. This is going to be a great place to go forward with succeeding at WW, I can just feel it in my bones, I look forward to becoming an old hand here.

JanieD ,
Congrats on the 25 lbs. gone for good.
By any chance is your grumpy cat a detective?

Es ,
I didn't resort to perfuming my choclolates, but I gave most of them to my dad as part of his Hannukah gift today.

Ruth ,
Belated congratulations on the new grandbaby, and on your hard work for the good grades in your classes. I really admire you for taking so many classes at once.

Myra ,
.6 could so easily just be water weight. I peeked at how you keep that food journal up. It looked like you are really focused and determined.

Dianne ,
I am looking forward to hearing about your new grandbaby's arrival. My older son is named David, but I am glad to share the name too. It has always been one of my favorites.

So my big news is that I lost 1.8 this past week. I am hoping to keep going in the right direction, but today we had a big blowout of a Hanukkah party. The points were well spent though, the latkes and brisket were darn good
I know that I can't keep that up though if I want to move forward. We had a good one this year, but we missed our David who is still at school til Friday.

Hi to anyone I missed, and bye for now
Sandy

[IMG]C:\MYDOCUMENTS\MENORAH.BMP[/IMG]
Old 12-17-2001, 01:42 AM   #7  

CONGRATS Sandy!!!! That is a great loss. Happy Hanukkah. I am glad you are here. It is a fun thread. These girls are soooo supportive.

ESSIE!!! I love City Slickers. Billy Crystal is a favorite of mine. I love anything he is in. Bruce loves the Godfather. He can't wait to watch the extra features it has. It comes with 2 extra discs full of info. Some of my attachments tell me they are too large too. I don't know why this one didn't. I loved the kitty.

JEN!!! CONGRATS TO THE BEARS! Da Bears! They won the division. The STEELERS did tonight too. They are 11 and 2 . Go Steelers and Bears. What will we do if they get into the Super Bowl together?

Well gotta go to bed in a bit. I am just now coming down off the win. The game wasn't over until 11:20 p.m. Eastern time.

Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 12-17-2001, 12:41 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone,
I am really busy this week. I have a Friday report deadline, so won't be too conversant this week. Just didn't want you folks to think I've fallen off the planet.

JanieD

Last edited by JanieD; 12-17-2001 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:45 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Monday, everyone.

Good loss, Sandy! congrats Glad you enjoyed the Hannukah party, I love all the festivities at this time of year.

Terri, sounds like you had a great Christmas also! What a cool thing for Britts to do.....those kind of surprises really show that she's growing up, huh? What WILL we do if it does come down to the Steelers vs. the Bears! Let's just hope it does happen, that's the main point. Congrats on the win yesterday!

Myra, your dress sounds great.....and small Burgundy is such a classic color for this time of year. I imagine you'll look awesome. Enjoy!

Es, I have had a heck of a time thinking of presents for Joe. I got him a black leather jacket, which is the only thing he did mention he wanted. I'm heading out this afternoon to browse around for a few small things.

On Saturday my friend from Mexico had her annual Christmas dinner party for a group of us who used to work together. The food was delicious, home-cooked Mexican dishes...my favorite. Last night my niece had an ornament exchange; there were 32 women there, it was a blast.

Jess and her family (which I may just refer to as Jess, etc., in the future, it's easier!) spent the weekend; she and Joe do an annual day of Christmas shopping , she helps him buy mine . I just finished putting the house together this morning. LOL Now I know why I had my kids when I was in my 20's. But you all know I love it

Hi to everyone else

later,
~Jen
Old 12-17-2001, 02:32 PM   #10  

Hi guys

Jen - I bought Willie a black leather jacket too I'm also gonna get him a new camera.
I know what you mean about having kids in your twenties, don't think I could do it now. That's why we got blessed with grandchildren - we can get rid of them Imagine my house on Christmas Eve! We usually have our own children (7), their spouses/boy/girlfriends, the grandchildren (13 - at present) and assorted family friends! Thank God we're having at my Step-daughter Lisa's house this year (Jessa's mom).

congrats to you Sandy - great loss!

Hi Terri - sounds like you're having a great Christmas. Britt sounds like such a mature girl for her age and so sweet to think of picking up the check like that - what a cutey!

Es and Sandy - looks like my grandchild will share both your son's name - cool! I'll still laugh if its a girl, though

Hi everyone else - hope you're all doing fine. Zoe, come back to us!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-17-2001, 07:07 PM   #11  

Hello Buds

We went to the movies today to see Vanilla Sky It's the type of movie you have to watch twice to get it. All in all it was good even though we were confused

Dianne, I never knew anyone with a family as large as yours!! Unbelieveable! It's so cool.

Jen, I bought Pete a leather jacket 2 yrs. ago. He looks so good in it Dave asked me to go shopping with him tomorrow morning. I told him he has to be ready early cause the stores are going to be VERY CROWDED! This is why I tried getting mine done early now he wants me "to hang" with him. How could I say no to my baby.

Hi JanieD, Myra, Ruth, Sandy, Patch & Zoe

Well, gotta go wrap the last of my gifts.

Love you's,
Essie
Old 12-17-2001, 09:46 PM   #12  

Hi everybody,

Can ya'll believe we are only a week away from Christmas. Wow. I've got to put up the Christmas tree tomorrow and wrap presents. Just can't put it off much longer!! lol

Well, I just came back from my weigh in tonight. I lost 3.2 lbs this week. I'm totally delighted. I feels so good to see the scale decrease everyweek. As I said on another thread, I really am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care, I'll post more later.

Ruth
Old 12-18-2001, 01:43 AM   #13  

RUTH,
Congrats on the awesome loss. That is wonderful. You should be pumped for Christmas. You go!!!!

Es,
Too cute about Dave wanting to hang with you. They always will be our babies. How sweet!!!!! Have a great time.
I want to see that movie and Behind Enemy Lines, Spy Game and
Heist. Got lots of people who want my kids in Ohio so we just might see all of them.

Dianne,
Thanks about Britts.
You sure do have a large family. That is how Bruce's mom's family was. Every Christmas day they would be at his grandma's. Bruce's mom had 10 Bros. and sis. and there were 21 grandchildren. I have no idea how many great-grandchildren now. My mom was an only child and my dad had 2 sisters. I only had 2 first cousins. It was so strange to be with Bruce's relatives at first. LOTS OF FUN!!! Enjoy!!!

Jen,
That ornament exchange sounds likes lots of fun.
You sound like you always have fun. I wish we had some family around. We miss that. I do have fun at Christmas though.
Thanks about Britts and our Christmas.
I can't wait to go to the Steelers Game. We will be there and I am going to buy a DIVISION CHAMP T-SHIRT !!!!! AWESOME! Can you tell I am excited? Jerome Bettis is going to be on Letterman tomorrow. Can't wait to watch that.

Well, I have a challenge tomorrow. A good friend of mine invited me to a Christmas brunch at 8:30 in the morning. Sounds more like plain breakfast to me. Then at 11:30 I am picking Britts up from exams and I am going to take her to lunch. Too much food temptation before 11:30. I will do my best.

Good to hear from you JanieD.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 12-18-2001, 02:20 AM   #14  

This post is from Patch. She sent her post to #100 and I said I would copy it over here.
__________________________________________________ __

The dress sounds just lovely Myra burgundy is such a rich color. And congrats on fitting into a ten! I know what a wonderful feeling that can be.

Hi there Ruth - The time between now and Aug. will fly by and your pounds with it. You go girl!

Jen - much luck with that final - I'm sure you'll ace it.

Hey there Terri - as you can read below, the chocolates were calling to me yesterday and I answered.

Essie that is too funny a story about the perfumed chocolates. Wish the ones calling my name at yesterday's holiday party, had tasted like that. Alas no. Well I'm back on the WW wagon today.

Diane - can't wait to hear about the baby.

Janie - would you believe you're the first person to ask? And congrats on your 25 lb weight loss. That is major.

Forgive me if I forgotten anyone. Have a happy and healthy week.

Last edited by patch30 on 12-18-2001 at 12:07 AM
Old 12-18-2001, 06:53 AM   #15  

Talking

Goodmorning

Another busy day ahead of me. I'm going to start getting ready. I have to meet David around 9:00 this morning. Looking so forward to spending a couple of hours with him. I have to enjoy this time with him while I can because I'm sure when he gets a steady girl he's not going to want me "to hang" anymore

Terri, you always are so deciplined. You'll be fine. Enjoy this day with your friend & Brittany.

Ruth, what an awesome weight loss!!!! Way to go! (high five)
See, lots of people say it's hard to stay on program this time of year but you're showing us it can be done. Congrats my friend.

Have a great day

Love,
Es
Closed Thread