PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/187/140

Default long time reader

Hi ladies, I am a long time reader but not a poster. I am trying to get back on my WW and working out a bit. We just moved cross country and things are very hectic, but I so need to get back on a routine. All I want to do is eat. I eat out of boredom. Just need a buddy to help me stay on track if anyone is interested. I need to lose about 50 pounds.

Thanks for any help.
Keitha
mkjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #2  

I forgot to tell you that I have suffered with PCOS for about 6 years. I don't take anything for it and would love to get my weight under control. I have tried everything to help, but nothing works. Ay ideas?

Thanks
Keitha
Old 07-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #3  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

i lost 124 pounds on weight watchers before so iknow that works really well just have to really work the program and right everything you put in your mouth down and drink all the water . i'vbe been on sugar busters before and that works also when i was trying to get pg with my first i saw a reproductive endicrinologist and that was her diet ofchoice with metformin and ilost 50 pounds doing it exercise makes a huge difference to. i'm one of those people that stop having periods completely and when i'm working out drinking my water and watching everything i eat i start having cycles again.

anyways when are you starting ww?
huntersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Cutting calories, LOTS of exercise, and trying to just say no to simple carbohydrates is the only thing that works for me. The first two being the most important. Good luck!!! Once you get on track, it will be so much easier. Don't give up!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #5  

Thanks for your help ladies. Tomorrow I start WW. I am excited about it, but afraid that I will fail again. I want to lose weight so badly but right now I am binging because of my depression. My weight plays into that a lot too. I know I have to work very hard to take it off. Does anyone do Walk Away the Pounds? I bought that and I am going to try it tomorrow. I hope it works.

thanks again for your support
Keitha
Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #6  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Hey! I will be your weight loss buddy too I am in the same boat ... trying to get that motivation again to lose this weight. I have PCOS and frankly i hate it. All the hair and the weight ... I hate it! But if you need a buddy I am here.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #7  

Hey Nicoy-I would love to be your buddy. I started my program today. I am doing pretty good today. I even did my excersize program today. I feel better. Well, I am off to tweeze. Good luck today!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/268/195

Height: 5 7

I'd like to join you ladies. It is so nice having this thread. So often I feel like no one understands what I go through. For instance, I somehow managed to gain 9 pounds in two weeks. My cycle was a no show the same month, and when that happens I stay bloated. I worked out like a crazy lady and was very disciplined with my eating and restarted metformin and dropped 6 pounds in one week. My period is still a no show, but at least I am back on track. It is sooo hard to lose weight with PCOS, it really takes a lot of discipline and a good support group helps as well.

Paula
plamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #9  
WW Moderator

Hi Paula, I understand about the weight gain! That's actually how I learned about my PCOS. I went to my Dr in tears because I gained 4 pounds on WW, and I followed it to the letter. But I was all potatoes and frozen pasta dinners.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote