Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Do people who post here the most, lose the most?

Do people who post here the most, lose the most? I'm up to three posts a day, and it's true I did lose 7 lbs in 6 weeks or so but I'd like to lose more. I just clicked on someone that lost a lot of weight and averages 11 posts a day. I'm just thinking that this site is helping me be "obsessive" about weight loss, I've learned to count calories for the first time in my life, this fitday thing is interesting to me (had no idea I ate so much fat), I've quit a few bad habits, some I didn't know were bad, etc... I'm thinking that those who post the most might be the most obsessive, thus the major weight loss?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I tend to be obessive about the site, not just posting. I can tell if i am on plan. When i am not eating like i should i dont visit this site much. When i am on plan and doing right, i am always lurking around on this site.

I count calories too. Fitday definately opened my eyes as well on how much fat i eat. I can even stay in my calorie range and still have loads of fat. That is what i am working on this week...less fat and i am also working on more cardio. Fitday can really be an eye opener.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I don't call it "obsessive." I call it "dedicated."

My experience is that it varies a lot. Sometimes people post a lot at first, and then they don't post as much as time goes on. Or they stop posting altogether, but come back later.

The ones who stick around for a long time are often those who are successful, eventually. 3FC helps people to keep going--we feel we're not alone, we feel that we can find people here who understand what we're going through. And then there are the helpful tips and all the information on the site.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I find that this site helps keep me centered and focused-- and grounded. I can count on the people here to cheer me on in my success, commiserate in my difficulties and to give me good, honest advice.

It soooo helps to have a HUGE community of impartial, objective people that you can "talk" to about issues that are of major importance in your life.
Oftentimes family and friends aren't the best people to talk weight loss and dieting with!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #5  
I restore Teeth.

ummm, i like posting every single once in a while because I love to see what the ladies are up to, Occasionally Jayell and Meg give advice to newbies and they make me remember why I cared to join this site originally, but there's no obsessing going on in my head. I like to see how my other gals in their 20s are up to as well. Its a site full of friends, really!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #6  

Yes it's nice having objective people listen to weight issues - actually I think friends and family are all sick of listening to me whine about losing weight. So now I have a place to vent and actually do it....
Old 07-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/155/140

Height: 5' 6"

This forum has helped me to continue on with my weight loss. In the past, every time I wanted to lose weight I would quit after a few weeks. But coming to this site everyday has really helped me in staying motivated. I guess you could call it obsessive but I don't believe I would have lost the weight otherwises.
canarysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:38 AM   #8  

Obsessive wasn't the right word - I am obsessive-compulsive, all or nothing, that's me. I'd have likely quit by now even after just two or so months. This site is motivating, and my new found fitday.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:42 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I'm not a "big loser" (the last 10 are the hardest and all that...), but it's true, 3FC has helped me a lot when it came to keeping focused, if not fully dedicated. Simply put, the periods when I went away from the forums were--coincidence or not?--the periods during which I tended to regain weight. I don't know if it means I'll have to stick here forever, or if I just wasn't ready yet to "do it all by myself without any help", but now I don't want to take risks.

Besides, when you see posts by all those inspiring people, Meg, Mel and everyone else, it's easier to tell yourself "hang on and keep up the good work, look at them, they did it and they've maintained for years, so don't give up because it IS doable".
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #10  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I check here every single day - usually more than 5 times a day but I don't post as much as others on here. I very rarely open a new thread (although I do sometimes and probably will in the next few days), but I am here religiously even if I don't give my opinion or say a hello. I read what everybody is up to and keep an eye out for people reaching goal and whatever... I love it here... and I've NEVER NEVER NEVER been able to stick to a 'diet' for so long and I know its all because of 3fc and fitday!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #11  

I don't think success depends on the frequency of posting, but I know it has helped me stay motivated and focused. So many times before (and I'm talking about a billion, here) when I have started dieting, I gave up because I felt like no one understood. I'd say to one of my smaller friends, 'I just lost 10 lbs!' Their response was usually, 'Oh, that's good.' As in "yeah, you needed to, ya blimp". It was hard to stay on track when no one understood how huge of an accomplishment 10 lbs was to me, so I'd gain that back, and then about 10 more. But being here has surrounded me with tons of people who know exactly what I'm going through, and that keeps me inspired and on track. So I don't know if posting 11 times a day is going to help me lose more, but I know that being here in general has kept me going on my rough days where I normally would have given up.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I guess people might think it's a bit obsessive, reading and posting here several times through the day. I probably would've thought the same in the past. But when I don't "obsess" or think about weight loss a lot, that's when I gain weight. That's how I got to 275. If spending a lot of time on this site helps me to get where I want to be, then I think it's worth it even if it does seem obsessive. And I honestly don't know if I could've lost 102 pounds (or any, for that matter) without the accountability and support I find here. So yes, I think it's probably true that the people who post regularly for a long time are the ones who find a high degree of success. That's not to say you can't be successful by finding support and accountability elsewhere. This is just a great place for it.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Speaking only for me, I find that I should be posting here less and exercising more~ but you do burn calories typing right?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

I don't think I am obsessive about weight loss.. but I do notice that when I am posting, I am more prone to stay on track vs. when I go on a 3FC hiatus.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

<trying to think of how to respond to EZMONEY without being a smartaleck>

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote