LA Weight Loss - New Manufacturer of LA Bars?

View Full Version : New Manufacturer of LA Bars?

WITeresa
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I am very disappointed that "corporate" has decided to go with a different manufacturer of the LA Bars... I purchased the bars up front, because I loved the caramel ones. The caramel by the new manufacturer isn't the same. First of all, they're smaller... 1.4 oz. vs. 1.7 oz. (I think that's what it was anyway...). The taste and texture are totally different too... I told the manager of my COD that I didn't like the new bars, and she basically shrugged her shoulders. Aren't they making enough money off the bars that they have to switch to the lowest bidder? I'm so annoyed! :mad:

Katy66
07-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't like the caramel as much either but I hadn't heard it was a manufacturer change. I know the honey nouget aren't as good either. Choc Crunch is my fav now.

momerath
07-06-2007, 01:11 PM
My newest box of peanut butter tastes quite different; not bad, but not as good as before :(

Candiflip
07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
:( I have not tired the new bars, but not looking forward to it. I just love my la lite bars.

ElleofALady
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, Candice, brace yourself. The caramel ones don't even taste like caramel...more so like peanuts or something nutty. The only thing I like about them now is that they are much crispier than before.

WITeresa
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks Katy,
I'll try the Choc Crunch again. If I'd known they were going to change, I'd have stocked up on the old ones... ;)

KrispieD
07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I thought it was just me! I used to love Honey Nougat and the last box I had I thought tasted horrible.. glad to know there is a reason.. blech!!

Candiflip
07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Just wondering if it is less sugars then before?

MayEMT
07-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I think they are pretty much the same in sugar but a little less in fat....which would account for the taste....yuckie..... caramel used to be my favorite, now it just tastes like another diet snack bar :barf:

FatGalnAL
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I thought it was just me on the honey nougat ones too! Bleh is right! A counselor at my COD talked me into them because she said when she was on the program they were her favorite and that I would just die over them. She went on and on so I finally got a box. GROSS! It was honestly all I could do to eat them. I literally pinched my nose just to swallow them down but there was no way I was going to throw them away. They cost to much!

I haven't found anything that I like except the chocolate crunch ones. The caramel are okay but almost too sweet or something. I've only tried 4 kinds because it seems that is what my COD always has. Peanut butter (gross!), Honey nougat (Gross X 2), Caramel and the fav, Chocolate crunch. Has anyone else tried any others that are good?

bizlawchik
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I did the same thing with the honey nougat! My COD mgr. said they were good, but they are sitting in the bottom of my cabinet.

I like the chocolate crunch, the brownie, LOVE the chocolate coconut almond (kinda like an almond joy) and I like th chocolate mint, even though I'm not a big mint person. They kinda taste like a girl scout thin mint if you refrigerate them.

Dan2112
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
At least y'all are getting the lites you paid for.. *sigh*...

sorry.. Self pity party over...

I'll just go have one of my Zone Perfect Fudge Graham bars with 14g of protein!

MayEMT
07-06-2007, 03:34 PM
eh....i wish i never paid for them lol :tantrum:

lizababe
07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I got a box of the caramel this week too because I was told they were the favorite. I don't care for them so much. I still really like the peanut butter chocolate and lemon ones. The chocolate crunch one was pretty darned good too!

Katy66
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Okay Cassi you are naming some flavors I've never even heard of...how do I get the ones with coconut...yum! Oooh and mint too

Those of you that like the choc crunch, try warming them in the microwave for a few seconds and then top them with strawberries and ffwc. I used to like to have the caramel with my 1/2 banana but now it is like they have way too much of whatever that puffed wheat like stuff is. I can eat them though....but not those darn honey nouget. I'll just do without if that is all they have.

zambejaly5
07-06-2007, 04:47 PM
the carmel was good melted with and apple too! I only have 5 boxes of prepaids left, maybe I should grab them before they switch over at my COD! after that I might go Luna or all food. but I am not buying any more, too much $$

BarbaraB
07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I think they have different bars in different places, since my daughters college room mate gave me some that her mom who used to work at LA Weight loss in the San Francisco area had given her during the school year, so not that old (I checked the dates) and they are definitely much different from anything my center has has, and I was on the plan the entire school year, so I would know if they changed them. My center doesn't sell mint or coconut. I had some mint ones in the boxes that I got for free from the room mate and I liked them. The carmel ones are totally different from the ones my center has been selling though. I did notice that the honey noughat that I recently got (and I've eaten dozens of boxes of those) was not so good anymore... I was hoping it was just one bad box! Dang!

Candiflip
07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I went into my center today and asked the girl I saw about new plans & new bars.. She said that they are getting all the plan material now and will switch people by the end of July. And about the bars she said that they will have coconut, the new lemon bars will have almond paste in them, and the PB will be a little different.
I think I actually go the new PB today and they are a little different, they are still 1.6 oz but they look totally different & have a different texture. They are a lot thinner and are VERY chewy. They are just as sweet though, they have good flavor, but I do like the old ones better.

lizababe
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
The PB ones I've had for the last 3 weeks are also 1.6 oz so I must be getting the new ones. They are very chewy and sweet with a bit of salt. That's what I like about them! I think I need to stop by the COD and get another box if I can get there by 7. Otherwise I'm going to run short this weekend.

Debbie367
07-07-2007, 12:36 PM
My COD has promised the new bars for the last 2 months but have yet to get them in. Maybe this is a good thing, given the feedback. I will go stock up on Choc. Crunch!!! I am curious to try the Choc. Almond bar and I also heard there is a carrot cake and key lime bar coming.

Lynx
07-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't like the new Chocolate Crunch. I just finished the box I bought and I will stay away from them from now on. I guess it is probably personal taste at work here.

lizababe
07-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I just had a carmel bar that I had put in the freezer (It's hot here) and I have to say it tastes completely different frozen! Kinda of like peanut brittle.. very good!

Wendelina
07-08-2007, 04:05 PM
My COD actually offered to take back my Honey Nougat bars, because I simply cannot eat the new ones. They suck. I even emailed LAWL directly and complained about them. I would highly suggest everyone doing so. I did get a response back, so I know someone read it.

LA LITES LOVERS - UNITE! hee hee..

Candiflip
07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
who do we email?
I don't like the new pb bars, after eating them a few days they are REALLY hurting my jaw because they are so hard to chew.

notonadiet
07-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi all I am new to these boards, but not new to LA... I am a former counselor(almost former) I have been working for a Franchise center for 2 years, and reallly enjoy what I do. I also have been on a weight loss journey! I just wanted to comment on the bar situation. Most of your centers did not even know that the manufacturer had been changed until the new bars came into the center! As far as mint....those have not been manufactured for well over 1 year, so they are extremely old if you are still getting them. There are alot of great bar flavors, however I dont believe Corporate LA likes to share with the little people! I am just like you all and have to pay for my product (not at a very discounted rate either) I have a few clients who buy some things on EBay!

Good luck to all, and remember it will only be a hard journey, if you think its going to be hard!

Katy66
07-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Interesting info, they have not mentioned new bars at my COD. I'll ask on my next visit.

Wendy II - I agree about the honey nougat, they are just gross! Haven't tried the new PB yet but I do like the Choc Crunch....I think I'm getting the new ones on those.

Wendelina
07-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Go to the website (laweightloss.com) You'll have to put in your zipcode to enter the site.. on the first page way down on the bottom right there's a "contact us" link that gets you to a spot where you can email them.

mamato2girls
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
OMG I was so mad that they changed my precious honey nougat bars. :( And I had started digging the peanut butter, and they're pretty nasty now, too. The Caramel are tolerable but have a weird taste. I only have 8 prepaid boxes left to endure through, and then I'm switching to Lunas. Thankfully, I start Maintenance next week and can wean down to 1 bar per day. I WON'T be looking forward to my bar as long as I have to eat the nasty ones, however. Blech!

sparklegirl
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
How do I know which lites I have? My box says a Pennsylvania address. Do any of you know where the new bars are made?

Lynx
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
ok so I just had one of the new peanut butter lites and they are too sweet for me. I don't like the Chocolate Crunch ones as much as the old ones.

Marleymom
07-11-2007, 09:26 PM
What about the LUNA bars? I have seen them on here a lot and I saw them at Wal-Mart for only 97 cents each! Are they really the same as the Lites? I am thinking about trying them. I CANNOT afford the Lites!

Katy66
07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Wendy II - Went online earlier today and emailed LAWL with my disappointment in the new bars.......hey it may not help but it can't hurt!

Boo'sMom
07-12-2007, 09:49 AM
A lot of people here use the Luna bars with great success-

sparklegirl
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
So I went for my weigh in today and I needed some bars. I always get PB and this time I thought I would also try choc. So anyway, the box of PB I got today is an old one so I compared the ingredients to my newer box of PB. The difference in the new ones is: 170 calories vs 180 calories , 3.5 gr fat vs 4 gr fat - then there is also 135mg potassium in the new bars.

So there you have it, thats how you know if your bars are the new ones or the old ones.

MM07
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Add me to the list of people who HATE them. I'm ticked off about it. I still have another 14-16 boxes coming to me, and I would never have purchased a package if I had known they were going to change. They are absolutly gross! I haven't ate one in weeks, where before I couldn't wait to eat my bars. That's a lot of money to throw away on nothing!!!

Katy66
07-13-2007, 09:37 AM
My friend went to our COD yesterday and they told her the manufacturer hadn't changed but they switched to wheat flour to make them. I know the caramel now says wheat on the side.Who knows but I sure don't like them as well.

Lynx
07-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Teresa,
You started this thread and we go to the same center. I asked and was told that you can ask specifically for the old bars, if they have any. Then you can stock up if you like the old bars of a certain flavor rather than the new. This applies to everyone else too. When I asked this am, I was told that LAWL did change manufacturers, but it was a case where they went back to their original manufacturer. They left the original manufacturer due to cost, but came back due to reliability.....

WITeresa
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Lynn! I haven't been on in a while. Wouldn't you think they would've told me that when I've been complaining about the new ones? Sheesh... ;)

curiousone
07-31-2007, 08:14 PM
My COD doesn't have the new flavors yet, but their stock is very low right now. The manager told me today that the new program will start for us in about 2-3 weeks. I'm wondering if we are getting new products at the same time...

The peanut butter lites are good, so are the chocolate cherry and chocolate chip cookie dough. I've noticed a change in the texture of the peanut butter lites... maybe it is a new vendor... We've been out of some of the flavors for more than a week and that is sooo atypical as the shelves are normally well-stocked. We'll see what happens!

I was pleased to weigh in today at less than I weighed last Saturday. I'm a bit worried about the next three days as I'll be in a conference where we'll have breakfast and lunch provided. They always have fruit for breakfast, but lunch will likely require some will power!!! :tape:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/slider-but5/lb/164.6/130/161.2/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)