Carb Counters - Come Ladies Let's Lose Weight!

View Full Version : Come Ladies Let's Lose Weight!

FitinTime
07-05-2007, 11:57 AM
How's everyone doing on Atkins or any low carb eating?
Let's all make a goal to lose at least 2 lbs or whatever we can, then we can add another goal.
Come on we all can do it if we really want it. I know I do. After being heavy for sooooo long, I'm ready to get down to a normal weight. I'm not looking to be skinny, I want to still have curves and something for my DH to hold on to.
Let's all try to set a goal for the end of the month and see what happens.
Anybody game?
Let's not reflect on our mess up, lets just pick our selves up and keep going, don't need to start over just continue as if nothing happened.
Let's it do it!

callystia
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the cheerleading! I needed it today. :)

I can't do weight goals because I get too depressed by fluctuations, but I have set a goal of fitting perfectly into a certain pair of jeans by the end of the month. I can wear them now, but I'm a little embarrassed by how tight they are.

Anyone else got a goal? :D

FitinTime
07-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Okay, that's your goal for the end of the month. You can do it!
For the 4th I made brownies and the chocolate cake covered balls for my nieces and nephews. That was hard because I love chocolate as I'm sure you do. But I didn't eat one, which if I wanted to, I could have and just went on with my low carb after that.
I've done things where I drank three beers one day and then kept going on with Atkins the rest of the time, I just didn't lose weight during that time.

So hang in there, don't worry, you'll get to the weight you want before you know it.

nasus40
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
my goal will be down to about to my virgi fat territory 214. I would like to be lower but I am not going to push it. that is 4 lbs this month. including a camping trip I usually hog out on but have made provisions to stay op for most of it's entirity. (many cans of tuna and carb bars to keep me off the pancakes and french toast.) I may never look at a can of tuna again but I am not sure what else to do besides peanut butter. no fridge to keep things and space is a valued comodity especially the cooler.

so 4 lbs this month down to 214!!!

FitinTime
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Good for you Nasus40!
I can't wait until I get down to 214, I know that will come in time.
As for camping, try taking beef jerky, or tortilla wraps. There are some that have 3 carbs per wrap, and you can put anything in them.
Cut up some vegetable and put them in a baggie. I like the pork rinds and they are easy to pack too. If you like nachos, take some pork rinds and sprinkle some shredded chedder cheese, microwave for about 30 seconds and throw some salsa on it. They are so good.
Good Luck!

BoopRN
07-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I have a similar goal. I'm going on vacation at the end of the month and some of my summer shorts are fitting ok but i'd like a little more wiggle room. I would also like to go clothes shopping for once with out feeling miserable about my body. I hate it when I try on pants or shorts and I get that muffin top rolling over my sides :mad: That's when I know that I have to go up a size or two up in clothing. That's the most miserable feeling ever!

FitinTime
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
That's the way to be BoopRN!
It's doesn't hurt to make a goal, any goal.
Let's not put pressure on ourselves, even if it's only 1 lb in a month that is still good. As long as we just continue on and keep trying.
We can do it!

Nikki128
07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi ladies -

Do you mind if I join you? My goal will be to lose 5 lbs in July.

Nikki

FitinTime
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Alright Nikki128!
Way to set your goal! This is what it's all about, setting a goal and trying to meet it.
Let's keep encouraging one another to beat this fat from our body.
But remember, if we don't completey reach our goal, let's not get discouraged, but be happy we lost something.
We can do it! :cheer:

Nikki128
07-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks FitnTime I really need the encouraement. I have set goals in the past but they have been to high. I think 5 lbs is doable.

Nikki

FitinTime
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Anytime Nikki!
I want to lose 2 more lbs to make a total of 5 lbs. At the beginning of the week, I has lost 4 lbs and I was all happy. Then on Wednesday my husband I went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate our anniversary. I did good there, I had a nice salad with a slice of salmon. I wanted to eat cheesecake too, so I took home a 10" low carb cheesecake. One slice is 6 carbs and ate a slice. The next morning I gained a pound. I thought how could that be. But I didn't get discouraged, I just kept trucking along still trying to lose these 2 lbs. I think by the weekend I will.
But it takes awhile, I lose then I come to a standstill. I think that's common though, so I don't worry about it, I just try to keep busy.

FitinTime
07-07-2007, 10:41 AM
So how is everyone doing? Has anyone lost anything yet?
It's funny, my scale keeps showing a weight loss/gain of 3 lbs. I don't get how that happens. Yesterday morning I weighed myself and saw a 4lb loss. This is the same pounds I have been trying to lose. So last night I weighed myself and it looked like I gained it back. Then this morning I weighed myself again and shows I lost those same 3 lbs. So I don't get it.
I know one thing before I bought this frickin' scale, I was happy and going about my diet without even caring how much I lost, as long as I could tell in my clothes.
So I'm going to keep busy here and try to keep cool here in Arizona. Wheewww, it's going to be a scorcher here.
My niece and nephews spent the night last night and I'm going to take them to buy some school clothes. So that should be fun. At least I'll be up and walking which will burn some calories. My favorite excerise, shopping!
Talk to you all later and keep up the good work!

Nikki128
07-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Fit .. weighing yourself at night I find is generally a bad idea as the scale reflects the food you have eaten that day.

I had a 2lb gain this week. I am changing my ticker to reflect the gain so that I can accurately track my losses for my 5 lb july challenge.

FitinTime
07-07-2007, 07:06 PM
That makes sense Nikki. Since buying my scale, that's all I do is weight myself, so I need to stop checking all the time.
I have always weighed myself in the morning before I ate anything, I'm going to try and weigh myself every Friday and see how that works for me.
Okay Ladies, lets continue on and just try to lose a couple of pounds, that's better than nothing.
If anyone needs encouragment I'm here for you. :hug:

callystia
07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Sounds like me too--when I let myself weigh at all, I do it much too often. So I decided that even with the "jean-based" goal I've set, I'm only going to try them on once a week. It will give me something to look forward to, as well as keep me from getting discouraged by daily fluctuations.

JerseyGyrl
07-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I wanted to eat cheesecake too, so I took home a 10" low carb cheesecake. One slice is 6 carbs and ate a slice. The next morning I gained a pound. I thought how could that be.

FitinTime,

Something did not add up to me about this 6 carb per slice cheesecake so, I did a little research on the Cheesecake Factory website. The first thing that caught my eye was "baked in a graham cracker nut crust":?::?: Graham crackers are usually made with honey, sugar or both. It states the cake is "sweetened with Splenda"...and also claims there is "no refined sugar added" (meaning there is no sugar added to the sugar that is already in the ingredients). Also keep in mind, this it is 6 NET carbs per slice,(do they even tell you the size of a 6 carb per serving slice:?::?:) meaning they are most likely deducting any sugar alcohols. However, the clincher for me was "As a handmade item, variations in carb count may occur". I think I'd be careful of this one.

All the best to you,

Kim

Sara108
07-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm a newbie, but can I join in?

Since I'm new at this (I'm on the induction phase), I'm not sure how much weight I'll lose. I'm sure hoping to lose 10-15 this month.

Let me know if I'm just being hopeful or if it is a realistic goal when you first start and if it's followed strictly.

I have a family reunion the last week of July and want so badly to shed some of this excess weight! That's my incentive!

Bouncing
07-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Oh, I really want to be below 250 by Aug 1! Then I'll only be two people, instead of two plus another 25 lbs...

nasus40
07-08-2007, 06:51 AM
I just tell my daughter I am twice the woman you are!! :lol:

Sure Sara join in we love drop ins!! and 10 - 15 will be realistic (also depending onhow muc wt you need to lose and if you ever have done atkins before) as the first 2 weeks you will drop tons of water. please follow the induction phase closely as it is important to get the body in the correct way of burning fuel. many can get away with only partly following, but to bet the best benifit you really need to follow closely. please note you will feel logy and like crap for about the first 2 - 3 weeks then you will be filled with this unbounding energy!! how much wt do you have to lose?

FitinTime
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
LOL, I don't mean to laugh Callystia, but I've done the same thing. In the mornings when I get ready, I try on smaller size jeans to see if they fit, then when I know I can at least button it, yet still being a little tight, I know I'm close to wearing them.
I see that as my progress. I do that to my tops as well.
You know, we just have to get that encouragment and I think that our close say it all.
I hope everybody is doing good, and let's not give up, lets lose the weight!
I'll check in and see if anybody is here tomorrow. :cp:
Bye! :wave:

tamikathomas
07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I had the worst weekend. Saturday night was my family reunion banquet and I was on the program to give the welcome speech. But do you know what I was doing? I was at home trying to find something to wear. Everything I tried on was too small. I just wanted to say forget it and not go, but at the last minute I found what looked like a maternity shirt. I went and I glanced in the giant mirrors they had in the ballroom and I looked huge. I am so depressed about my weight. I refuse from this day on to allow myself to feel like this. It is time for me to take control of my self. So here's to staying on track for good!!!:carrot:

callystia
07-08-2007, 08:07 PM
That's the spirit, Tamika!

If it helps, think of it this way. You're not punishing yourself for the extra weight; you're taking it off because you love yourself and you deserve better! :cheer:

FitinTime
07-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi to Everyone who has joined this Thread!
In case you need encouragment, We are here for you so we can get excited about losing weight! :yay: We will lose the weight, even if it's little by little one or two pounds at a time or whatever you goal is, let's do it. I know that it's hard to do what's right for ourselves sometimes because it just is, but we can all be there for each other and help one another.
I know we can do it, we have it in us, as long as we have the desire.
So let's do it! Keep up the Good work Ladies! ;)

HI Jersygyrl,
You know that does make sense, and when I had read what the crust was made out of, I didn't even think about it. Of course the way they present it makes it seem like you're eating something really low. How deceiving huh!
Well, that's the last time I get a cheesecake from the CF. :mad: For now on I'm making my own low carb desserts. I have not gotten past the chocolate part. I want chocolate, and I have not found a recipe that looks appealing. And some ingredients I can't find here locally, I have to order them online. That's what stops me from making my own desserts.
I was wondering why I would feel weird after eating a slice and then the next day I had gained a pound or two.
I really appreciate that you took the time to check on that and let me know.
I love you for that! :hug:
Right now I back at the 4 lb weight loss that I've been trying to lose, which I'm happy about I know I will stay on track now to make it 5 lbs.
Thanks Jerseygryl!

Nikki128
07-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Way to go on the 4 lb loss Fit. I am at about 151-152. I am hoping for a 2 lb loss this week. I have increased my begetable intake. I am now getting 2 cups at lunch and 1 cup at dinner. I am still waiting for my atkins book to arrive so I can disect my eating and see where I am going wrong. I have only lost 13 lbs since Easter. I had hoped for 20 by now.

Nikki

JerseyGyrl
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi FitinTime!

I've learned if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! There are so many low-carb cheesecake recipes out there that are very easy to make...there are even no-bake low-carb one's that are quite good. When you make something yourself, you are assured of what went in it...no hidden surprises!

As far as chocolate goes (keep in mind, this is NOT FOR INDUCTION!) Lindt Excellence 85% cocoa dark chocolate is decadent! A 2 square serving is approximately 3 carbs. This is very dark, rich chocolate, therefore, a 2 square serving effectively satisfies chocolate cravings.

Continued success to you!! Sounds like you are doing great!! Keep up the good work!

Nikki,

Perhaps you could post a sample menu of exactly what you are eating to better determine your slowed progress. How much water are you drinking?

All the best to you!!

Kim

Puncezilla
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi ladies, :goodvibes good luck to all of you on your july goals! I just bought myself, 3 pairs of size 12 pants. So my goal for july is to fit into them comfortably. I can just bearly zipp them now. so I will have to lose a bit more before I can actualy wear them.

FitinTime
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh my gosh,
This is what I like to see, everybody getting pumped up to lose weight. I am so excited and this is keeping me motivated as well just to hear all of you getting into this. We are going to kick butts, guts and anything unwanted from our body, LOL!

Tamika, Bouncing and Sara, Welcome, it's good to see others here. If you need any encouragment feel free to chat anytime. I'm usually on here everyday, most of the day.

Thanks again JerseyGyrl,
I'm not on the induction phase anymore, so I'm wondering if that chococate is okay during the OGWL phase. I know alot of products say low carb on it, but I do have to be careful what ingredients are in it because so much is added on and you never really know the true carb count. Besides I am a Homemaker baker. I love to bake anything and everything, so I am sure I will find something, especially in "Linda's Low Carb" websit. That is a very good website.
Generally my menu consist of:
Breakfast: 2 eggs any way, sometimes w/ cheese and a little bit of bell pepper or onions in it. If I have some. With either 2 sausage patties or 3 pieces of bacon or turkey bacon or a sprinking of homemade chorizo, which is just ground beef and seasonings. ( cumin, red chili poweder, salt, pepper, a tablespoon of white vinegar, water, garlic and onion powder)
Lunch: I always have a salad, with either turkey, tuna, or hamburger patty.
Dinner: Salad, or roasted vegetables with a protein, such as chicken, beef or couple of hot dogs any other type of meat. I do drink water too, but not the total 64 oz probably half.
The above is always my way of eating, but here's my problem, Breyers low carb ice cream. Not all the time, the last time I had it was yesterday. I'm trying to swear this off, but it's so hot :flame: :hot: here in Arizona, I can't help it. :tantrum:
The time that I was not losing was I believe because I was eating too much ice cream and too many Atkin's bars. Too many is everyday a whole one. Whereas, in the begining I was only taking a bite and putting the rest away for the next day. So one bar would last me a week. I always need to eat something sweet after dinner. When my husband grabs his dessert, I always feel like I need something too.
I'm also not doing too much exercise, I know I should but that is not something I like and I'm not motivated to do it. I know I could be losing so much more if I was.
Are the Atkins bars okay, I know some contain sugar alcohol.
My younger sister who got me on this, we both started at the same time. She is at a total standstill, we both lost the same amount of weight except for the 4 lbs I lost. She doesn't know why she isn't losing, but she thinks it's because she's not eating enough salads or vegetable. She's not gaining.
You know what helps is making those meals from "Linda's Low Carb" website. It already has all the carbs down for the amount of food it calls out for and the recipes I've made are really good. I love it! You can plan out your menu and keep within the 20 to 25 carb range.
Okay well, I'll get off of my soap box :soap:.
Well keep up the good work Ladies! We can do it!
Love you guys!

FitinTime
07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I didn't forget you Puncezilla,
That's a good motivator using the pants. Now you absolutely have to fit into those pants. You can do it because you chose to buy those pants to be able to wear them.
Keep up the good work!

JerseyGyrl
07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Are the Atkins bars okay, I know some contain sugar alcohol.

To answer that question simply...I'd say NO!! They tend to stall a lot of people and spark cravings as well. My advice, stay away from them!!:)

Regardless of what the label on those Atkins bars says...they are NOT for Induction! I know it is very misleading. First of all, they contain ingredients that are NOT on the acceptable foods list. They claim 2 net carbs. Using the Chocolate Peanut Butter Advantage bar as an example...the total carbs are 22...there are 10 grams of fiber....this comes to 12 net carbs. They claim there are 0 grams sugar alcohol...HOWEVER, they deduct glycerin, which IS A SUGAR ALCOHOL...that increases insulin causing hunger & cravings preventing fat burning therefore discouraging weightloss. Even if you aren't on Induction any longer, think about it before you put one of these in your mouth...and remember, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels";)

Nikki128
07-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Kim-

Thanks for wanting to help :)

My menu today was:

Breakfast:3 sausages< I usually eat 2 eggs but I was craving sausage>
ice coffee with liquid splenda and 2 tbs heavy cream

Lunch: 2 cups Salad with 3 ounces chicken

Snack: 3 turkey roll ups
crystal light

Dinner: cauliflower mock potatoe salad 1 cup
2 burger patties with american cheese

128 ounces of water.

I eat very similar to this everyday and I take a no iron no sugar multivitamin. Any help would be appreciated.

Nikki

callystia
07-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I realize I'm not Kim, Nikki, but I hope you don't mind my stepping in? I just noticed that you're drinking Crystal Light, and I just stopped drinking it myself yesterday. (And was down half a pound today, but I don't know if it's related.) I really think the aspartame in it was stalling me.

I'll be sure to post after a few days of not drinking it and let you know if it seems to have made a difference! (Yeah, so much for my going by the pants instead of the scale. I'm weak, I know.) :lol:

nasus40
07-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Fake sugar as well as sugar alcohols are well known for stalling people.

Nikki128
07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Cally - Thanks for the input. I always welcome anyones input. I dont drink it everyday. I was wondering about it to. In fact today was the forst time I had it in awhile. Please let me know how the experiment goes for you.

JerseyGyrl
07-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Nikki:)

Your menu looks real good. I do however agree with Callystia about the Crystal Light. Which Crystal Light are you drinking? Is it the powdered one in the little tubs that you mix yourself or is it the pre-made Crystal Light in the bottles? The powder contains aspartame, an artificial sweetener known to stall many people. The pre-made Crystal Light in the bottles is made with Splenda. If you aren't sure whether or not its the Crystal Light causing your scale not to move, try eliminating it for a week and see what happens. Again, the rest of your menu looks great!

All the best to you!!

Kim

Nikki128
07-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi Kim-
Today I had the powdered but I was drinkin the one with splenda. I think I'll try to get the bottled crytal light again. Thanks for your help.

Nikki

FitinTime
07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi JerseyGryl,
I'm totally not eating those Atkin's bar. I just told my husband he can have them. LOL
Then that's my sister's problem I bet, and my mom and dad.
Once a day, I'll drink Diet Rite soda. They have Splenda in them and have no caffine in them too. The white grape flavor is good.
Hey this is funny: Have you seen that Jenny Craig commercial with Valerie Bertinelli? She started JC at the same time I starte Atkins and we have lost the same amount of weight. Her most recent one she say's she lost 22 lbs and I've lost 24, so I beat her by 2. Haha!
Now I'm going to have to lose more than her now. LOL

JerseyGyrl
07-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Nikki:)

I think the Crystal Light in the bottles made with Splenda are a much better choice. Let us know how it goes for you.

FitinTime,

Good girl!! Stay away from those bars...you'll be glad you did!!!

Woooo Hoooo!! You & Valerie are losing weight together!!! Keep up the great work!!:carrot:

Have a great evening!!

Kim

Sara108
07-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I wanted to post and let everyone know how much I'm loving the Adkins Diet!
I started the induction phase on Friday and I've lost 7 lbs in just four days!
I'm so stoked!
Jersey Girl ~ you're an inspiration and I've read several of your posts and have gotten alot of good info from them! Thanks!!

I do have a question though, I popped a certs into my mouth the other day without thinking about it and later wondered if that might cause any problems.......it didn't seem to, but are breath mints allowed? If so, what kind should I be looking for?

Nikki128
07-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Congrats on your losses Sara

BoopRN
07-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Has Splenda been known to stall people as well? or is it just aspertame?

callystia
07-10-2007, 10:25 AM
As I recall, Splenda doesn't have a reputation for stalling people, but you do have to count 1 gram of carbs per packet.

I buy a liquid-form natural sweetener called Stevia extract, myself--I get it at GNC, but I've also seen it at other health stores. Zero-calorie, zero-carb, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on my losses; maybe you'd like to try it.

Nikki128
07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree with cally splenda has not been known to cause stalls. However you need to count it as 1 carb per packet unless you use liquid splenda which does not have the fillers.

I have a question is it bad if 55% of your diet is fat? I broke down my diet yesterday on MY PLAN which is like fit day. I had 55 % fat, 41% protein and 4 % carbs. Does that sound right? Again I am sorry for the questions.I just ot my book so I am starting to read it. This morning I discovered another reason my weighjt loss may be so slow. I just read most italian hot sausage has 2-3 carbs per link :eek: I never would have thought that. The atkins book says sausae has 2.0. I never knew that I have been eating a good deal of sausage. Good thing I got the book ! No more sausage for dinner for me. I am making sausae for everyone else tonight. I will eat egg salad. I have renewed faith that after I read the book I can take these last 20 pounds off this summer.

Nikki

Nikki

FitinTime
07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Way to go Sara, that's is so great!
I love doing Atkins too, I have never felt better.
Keep up the great work you CAN reach your goal.
Take Care

Puncezilla
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Nikki, I wouldn't wory about the fat%, my fat % is also high and it hasnt stoped me from losing. Its unlikely that your fat gr intake is high , just that other %s are low making the %of fat look high. I try to look only at grams not %. I like the italian sausages too, Just have to save them for a treat.

BoopRN
07-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanx for all your info everyone. I can now see what exactly what to avoid now. I have been drinking the crystal light and a couple of other drinks with aspartame. I think I'm going to stick with the water for the most part from now on. Hope I don't hit another plateau. Wish me luck!

Nikki128
07-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Puncez- Thanks for your reply. I just read the first 180 pages of DANDR. I have a better grasp of the fat now and atkins in general :)

Nikki128
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi ladies-

Despite all my new findings on what I have been doing wrong I managed to lose 1 lb this week. I am kind of bummed but it is expected as I am due for my TOM this coming weekend. I am convinced I am going to be losing alot more in the coming weeks.

Nikki

FitinTime
07-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi Nikki,
Way to go on your loss! One is better than none, right!
I read one of your comments regarding your fat content, and that's what is helping us to lose weight believe it or not. I was surprised by that too, but in the Atkins book it does say that. I was even more surprised when it came to making chicken, Atkins say's you don't have to remove the skin, we can eat it.
If we were to eat fat free stuff, we would be consuming alot of carbs.
So keep going, you'll get there little by little!

Nikki128
07-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Fit- It was very interesting reading about the fat and how it affects our diet. The atkins book is so good. mm crispy chicken skin lol.

FitinTime
07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Nikki,
Crispy chicken skin is right!
Keep it up!

Nikki128
07-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Fit - I went looking for chicken to make for dinner tonight. Unfortunately it was skinless :( LOL. I will make it anyway with a soy/ garlic/ tereyaki marinade that I make. I use low carb soy and tereyaki that I found at target.

Well ladies the scale is moving in the right direction for me since I made slight changes. I stopped the crystal light from powder and started drinking a gallon of water a day. Prior to this week I was drinking 96 ounces. The increase seems to be helping. I think I may just blow my july goal of 4 lb loss away. Thank you all for your help in figuring out what I was doing wrong. I am eating a real tasty one minute muffin this morning. Have any of you made these ? They are flax seed, egg, sf davinci syrup, and butter. I can get you the recipe if you like.

Nikki

Nikki

FitinTime
07-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Nikki,
Your chicken sounds good! I'm always looking for a good chicken recipe.
Send me that other recipe you were talking about too, when you get the chance.
I have a weakness for grilled chicken drumsticks. I just season them with salt, pepper and Old Bay Seasoning. I like them to be a little on the dark-grilled side, almost crispy. Man there so good.
Have you gotten in that website that JerseyGyrl mentioned? It's called "Linda's Low Carb Menu & Recipes". They have fantastic recipes on there. I made this one called Diner Potatoes, using cauliflower. Oh my gosh, it tastes almost the Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole.
Check it out Nikki, you will totally love that website.

Nikki128
07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
hi Fit-

Yes I have been to the site I love the recipes there. I will send you the muffin recipe in a little bit.

Nikki

Nikki128
07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I got this recipe from another low carb website.

1-Minute Muffin

In a tea cup,

Melt 1 or 2 tsp of butter or coconut oil (microwave for 5-10 seconds*)
Mix in 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal (and/or mix with almond meal, protein powder)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 egg
Sweetener to taste (i.e., 1-2 packets of Splenda or 1 TBS of SF syrup)
Microwave on high for 1 minute*
Turn out and let cool

The muffin may look kind of wet at first, but it dries quickly as it cools.
Eat warm with butter or wrap cooled muffin in plastic to eat later.

I added davinci sf caramel syrup to mine and it was yummy. Next time I am going to try a little vanilla with it.

FitinTime
07-12-2007, 02:50 PM
That sounds good Nikki, I'm going to try that this weekend.
So you bought low carb soy and teriyaki sauce at Target?
I may have to check that out.
Thanks for the recipes!

Puncezilla
07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Way to go nikki! increasing my water helped speed things up for me too. Glad its going well for you! keep it up. Mmmmm.. those muffins do sound good.

Nikki128
07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Those muffins are so yummy I'm already planning out tomorrows carbs so I can have one again :)

FitinTime
07-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi Puncezilla,
I was wondering when you started on your low carb? And about how long did it take you to lose the 31 lbs. I want to get where Nikki is RIGHT NOW, but I know I'll get there.
Anyway, I'm guesstimating how long it may take me to get to 199.
Good Job!

Puncezilla
07-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Fitintime, I started in Jan on atkins, I was off for most of april and didnt lose or gain, and I have taken a few weeks off here and there that realy slowed me down, but I just keep getting back on. As of today I am at 195lbs for a total of 35lbs:D:D:D. YaY

FitinTime
07-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Everybody1
I have a question. While doing Atkins, has anyone experience a weird feeling, where they don't feel like themselves?
Not sick, but just not right.
My Dad and Sister who are doing Atkins are starting to feel like that.
They're both on the OWL and my Sister has been doing it since the middle of April and my Dad since begining of June.
Let me know if anyone has what you did about it.

Puncezilla
07-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I havent noticed anything different, I think I feel better most of the time. Are they getting all the vitamines and minerals they need? I take a mult vitamin/mineral sup. as well as a stressb complex and cal/mag withD and vitamine c. If they are'nt getting a good variety of food they may be lacking in something.

FitinTime
07-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Yes, my Sister is taking a multi-vitamin and my Dad takes all kinds of vitamins and supplements, and has for along time.
They say they're eating everything there supposed too. My Sister did say that she hadn't been eating as much vegetables or salad, so I told her she had to eat them, and she started.
So maybe with it was that, and for my Dad who knows. He is borderline diabetic, and taking medication, but he say's he feels good regardless of that little spell.
I think I'm going to take something else too besides the multi-vitamin.
Thanks Puncezilla!

FitinTime
07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi Everyone, how are you all doing?
I'm really happy today, when I weighed myself this morning it looked like I'm going to lose another pound. The needle is bording past the 5 lb mark. I just lost 5 lbs, which took me about 4 weeks. I've been really trying hard.
I thank God for helping me through this and for everybody in this Forum for their encouragment!
Thanks!

Puncezilla
07-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Yay fitintime! thats great, good for you hangin' in there!

I'm doing good! I'v even managed to get a little more exercise in this week. I was trying to cleanout my closet today and trying on some clothes. so many of them are to big now and so many I havent worn in years are starting to fit again! I still have such a long way to go but it feels so good.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

FitinTime
07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Puncezilla,
Isn't a good feeling when we try on clothes and they are too big!
I love it! Yesterday I went shopping for some clothes, mainly pants because all my pants are baggy at the butt and leg area. I have to keep pulling them up, it just gets annoying after awhile. I'm gonna have to use a belt, which is something I've never used.
I'm so happy for you, all our work we're doing is paying off!
I can't wait to get down to where you're at. I'm just taking it one day at a time so I don't go crazy.
Good for you for exercising, that is something I am lazy about.
Fantastic Job Puncezilla! :cheer:

FitinTime
07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Ladies,
I just have to say that I have reached the 30 lb weight loss! I woke up this morning and lost 3 lbs since my last 5.
I think now I'm starting to lose weight again, then I'm sure I'll reach another plateau. My goal is to get to 210, by the end of the month.
I'm gonna try really hard.
Come on Ladies let's lose the fat!

Puncezilla
07-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks! and Congrats to you too on your 30lbs! Trying on clothes that are now too big feels AWESOME! The last time I went shopping I kept trying on the 16s and they where all to big, the 14s fit good and I ended up buying 12s for the extra motivation! I was at least an 18 before. I'm still hoping to hit 180by the end of august. This morning I hit 193 and I think I can do it.

FitinTime
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Boy I can't wait to fit into a 16! I thinks that's great to buy a smaller size and know that you will fit into that size.
I need to have my husband take a picture of me of what I look like now, I didn't even think about it when I first started Atkins.
Then everytime I lose a significant amount he can take another picture of me. I'll see if I get brave and do that.
I was excited to see an old friend at Walmart last Friday. I hadn't seen her for about 2 years, and she was in front of me at the check out. When I was talking to her she said, have you lost weight? I said yes and that I was doning Atkins. I was so surprised that she noticed because I thought when I had seen her last that I looked the same, but I guess I must have been heavier.
I saw my mother in law Sunday and she asked me the same thing. Man, I must look different!
Cool!
That motivates me to continue this hard but rewarding lifestyle. My goal is to be down to a size 15 by the end of the year.
Let's keep up the good work!

aud
07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Hiya fitintime & New Atkins Friends!:hug:

Congrats on those losses!:carrot: Can't WEIGHT to join ya!:D

I'm on Day One of Induction and Day One of my life. I'm at an all time high and just sick of it - I know what works - I know what processed foods and junk carbs/comfort carbs are doing to me and how crappy they make me feel so just really want to say I'm on Day One of Induction but also Day One of living a life that makes sense.

Clothes = Arghghghghg!:mad: I just had to buy some more giganto Goodwill clothes to get me back to work tonight - button popping my last Goodwill Collection. Yes, I'm furious and sick of myself but also kind of excited because I know that I will get some immediate results with Atkins and that will motivate me.

I also get a lot of inspiration/motivation reading everyones Posts - so tx for being here!:hug:

FitinTime
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Aud!
Glad to hear from you! You will definately get alot of support here, no doubt.
I'm excited for you that you're starting Induction, it's not as hard as you think. You'll probably go through certain things physically, but all those things past within a few days.
The most exciting part is the weight you will lose, your buttons won't be poping anymore.
Just remember to take everything one day at a time, because today is enough to in itself. Not only did I have to change the way I ate, I had to change my way of thinking.
Such as, to be positive about yourself. Speak good and positive things in your life everyday!
You'll be surprised at how much that helps your outlook towards yourself.
You can do it Aud, I know you can!

Nikki128
07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi ladies-

Sorry I have been MIA. I had an emergency situation I had to take care of with my boyfriend. I have been out of town sti am until tomorrow. My eating hasn't been the best because I have only been eating one meal a day and drinking lots of diet soda and coffee to keep the adrenaline going and handle what I need to handle. I won't weigh in this week until friday.

Hi Aud- Acknowleding our challenges is the first step. We can lose weight and we will together. :welcome:

Fit -Hope all is well today :)

FitinTime
07-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi Nikki welcome back! And Hi to Punce, and Aud too!
All is well today, I'm just hoping we get some rain here in AZ! It is very muggy and humid right now, everytime we think we're going to get some rain, it goes around us or peters out.
Last night a huge dust storm was coming from the south and I thought for sure it's going to rain. But nothing!
Oh well, there is still a chance all week for rainl.
I'm at work right now and have this on all day. It's easy cuz I work for my Dad at his home office, lol!
Hang in their Nikki, you'll get back in the swing of things again.
I'll check in and see how you Ladies are doing.

aud
07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
2nd day - 2nd cup of coffee.

Even when I was successful with this wol - never could give up caffeine nikki . . . just a must have for me and I lost plenty of lbs. Think its being a 2nd shifter, not sure.:?: Can't remember why the Doc was against caffeine - was it because its a trigger for cravings?

Hope you get some rain soon fit - its really overcast here in MO I just noticed. My late garden can surely use it!

Bouncing
07-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Hiya, Nikki & Aud. Congrats on 30 lbs, Fit -- can't wait until I've lost 30 lbs. Gee, gals, I have no intention of giving up caffeine either. Fresh ground decaf isn't too bad, but not as a regular thing! I've just started the 2-week jump-start plan after 3 weeks of bouncing up & down 254-257. It's more food than I've been eating. We'll see what happens now -- I know a few people have lost more when they started eating a little more. I have hopes!

Puncezilla
07-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi losers! I'm still hanging in there.

According to atkins caffein can trigger cravings and does affect insulin a little. But I drink coffee and still lose I just have one cup a day. I think most people still drink it and still lose. I think atkins was more concerned with people who drink a LOT of caffein.

RocknRoll
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi ladies:)

I am currently on south beach but I am afraid I am eating too many beans so I just thought i would pop in and ask a question:

If I were to cut down to 30-40 net carbs would that be considered low carb? I'm currently at about 75 net carbs a day average and I am not losing as fast as I would like and it seems to be a little inconsistant despite the fact that I am eating 1,200 calories a day and burning an average of 915 per day.

Thanks!

FitinTime
07-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi RocknRoll,
Nice to see you here!
It all depends on how active you are, according to the Atkins diet. I usually try to stay around 25 to 30, because I'm not that active, I'm losing on this amount. It's usually the more active you are the more carbs you can have, which the highest I believe being around 50. If you wanted to stick around 20 to 25, then for sure you can lose and you still will be eating good.
So I hope that helps you.

RocknRoll
07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I consider myself active and I think I'm going to suck it up and aim for 20-30 net carbs.

I will not touch fatty cheese, meat, or any sausage/pepperoni, ect. So I am going to allow myself 15 almonds a day. Its not atkins per say but I feel I need the nuts or else I will eat too much cheese and I really don't want that at all!

20-30 seems so low and I won't be able to have my yogurt :( It has no added sugars, 0 grams of fat, and 10 grams of carbs. This is when I have a hard time going low carb... oh well.. I guess i will see how tomorrow goes.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

aud
07-18-2007, 06:09 AM
The whole net carb thing is what snockered my atkins attempt last time. Net carbs are a trigger issue with me and also I really don't believe the science. But that's just me.:dizzy: I'm sticking with the TOTAL carb figures for the forseeable future.

Also the net carbs in the atkins and other protein bars always give me diarrhea.:o

aud
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
So many Threads . . . So little coffee . . . :dizzy:

The Atkins section is really busy since last I was active here at 3fatchicks!:carrot: Can't keep up with all the different Threads so hoping to Post my random replies in one spot lol!:D

yogurt: Is Blue Bunny brand available in your areas? I love the ones that used to be called "Carb Freedom" - now called "Sweet Freedom." 3-5 carbs per container - delicious plain and I also use them when I'm on the run and make a protein shake. Protein powder+yogurt and crushed ice in my Magic Bullet. Delish and I can just feel the energy.

vitamins: I double up on my multi's -split out by about 8 hours. I also do this with Vit C 1000mgs x2. I also take fiber pills when I think of it. When I was succesful on Atkins b4, I took chromium to ward off cravings. Haven't got those in yet.

loose stools: Don't remember having b4 - but the day I read that Thread - guess who almost didn't make it to the bathroom that night at work????:o Not sure what that was about - but I just drank tons more water and felt cleansed.

"net" carbs: Don't trust them and they HAVE giving me loose stool probs in the past. I find I'm most successful (no stalls) when I just concentrate on WHOLE foods (TOTAL cab picture) - and take out the guesswork. That's just me.

Cooking: My dh is the cook in this family. When I tried to go low fat/calorie counting was the biggest disaster. My weight skyrocketed and he never did get the "measuring" requied in that lifestyle. Most men can cook any kind of meat - so that works on atkins. We've got a few key cookbooks that he goes to for the carb concious "sides." The great thing about atkins is that it's REAL food - something most men can relate to.

aud
07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Time to get ready for the nightly grind - treating myself to a HIGH CARB bubble bath b4 going into the Salt Mine - its a new Bubble Bath from Avon that smells like Vanilla Frosting & Cake! lol!:D

Have been forgetting to Post that I've been doing good with the exercise portion of my return to this wol . . have hit the gym two days in a row and also walking. Taking very slow baby steps on this regime - nothing earth shattering in the gym or walking distance. Just feeling great at even making the effort, ya know?

Hope everyone has a Great OP Day and Evening!:hug:

Puncezilla
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Rocknroll, 20 to 30 carbs is VERY low, even atkins alows more than that after the first two weeks. And you shouldnt have a problem eating yogurt. There are some lowcarb ones out there, I eat O-organics from safeway,(plain) It Has no added sugar or starch, and it is so good .

Puncezilla
07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/yogurt.html Here is a great link about why yogurt is ok for lowcarb diets.

FitinTime
07-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Ladies, what's everybody up too today?
Are we staying motivated and encouraged. Well if you need a dose of it, then get over here and we'll get each other going!

Nikki128
07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone-

I am back home now so I will be checking in daily again. I am sorry I'm not doing personal responses but it would take forever. Hope everyone is well.

Nikki

Puncezilla
07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi, I have been a little discouraged lately and having a hard time staying OP. When I started this at 230lbs I also took my measurments and had pretty much forgotten about them till today. So I got out my tape and here they are.

start
bust, 47"
waist, 46"
hip, 48"
thigh, 26.5"

now
bust, 43.5"
waist, 39"
hip, 43"
thigh, 23.5"

I can't believe the huge difference! 19.5 inches total, I'v still got a long way to go but I'm so happy I'v come this far.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Nikki128
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Way to go Puncezilla 19.5 inches is amazing :carrot:

FitinTime
07-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Puncezilla, that is Fantastic! Way to go Girl!
Isn't that a wonderful feeling and what an uplift that is. That just goes to show us that we need to check our inches as well as our lbs.
Before you know it you'll be at your goal.
Keep up the good work!

aud
07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Great Idea AND Great Job, pzilla!:hug::carrot: Another thing I love about Atkins - when the scale isn't moving you can be sure your inches are by the way you go down a size etc - even when you haven't "lost." Atkins is such a great lean muscle builder!!!:carrot:

My measurements are on here somewhere - I think in a Sticky - will hunt them up in the Wee Hours 'cause I'd like to compare them to my inches Now and Goal. Will be a handy reminder of what months of "low fat" and/or mindless comfort carb loading can do for this girl!:dizzy:

Nikki128
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi ladies-

You know its funny I don't feel like mymeasurements are moving but I've lost 17 lbs on atkins. Kind of weird. I think I'll have my bf measure me maybe I am doing something wrong.

I bit the bullet and weighed in today. I lost 4 lbs this week despite my TOM and the stress. I finally broke the 150's ! That makes a loss of 5 lbs this month so far. I had aimed for 4 lb loss. This is the first time I've broken what I hoped to lose. I am now hoping to lose 2-3 more in July.

Nikki

Puncezilla
07-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Way to go Nikki!! You're doing fantastic!

And thanks everyone for the awesome encouragement!

aud
07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
WTG Nikki!:carrot:

Usually I would w/i today to gauge how I do over the weekend - but since I'm scheduled to work tomorrow nite -so am waiting til then. Kind of excited about it.

We'll see.

Work too crazy make it to the gym last nite - got a small walk in but not my "usual."

Need to make time for MYSELF tonite.

Have a Great Evening All!:hug:

FitinTime
07-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi Ladies,
I just want to let you know that I'm leaving this site and how glad it was talking to you.
I wish you the best and I hope you reach your goals!
Take Care and God Bless,
Diana

JerseyGyrl
07-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Ladies,
I just want to let you know that I'm leaving this site and how glad it was talking to you.
I wish you the best and I hope you reach your goals!
Take Care and God Bless,
Diana

Hi Diana,

You'll be missed, you were quite an encouragement to everyone here. Keep up the great work!!

Hugs:hug:
Kim

Nikki128
07-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Fitintime- You wil be missed. :hug: good luck

Nikki

aud
07-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Did I miss something?:?: Are you going off Atkins fit, or just leaving this site?:?:

Was just getting to know ya!:(

Puncezilla
07-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Fit, So sorry to see you go.

callystia
07-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Aw, Fit, I really enjoyed your posts. I hope you come back someday.

Good luck to you!

Nikki128
07-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi Ladies-

How is everyone doing today? I had my weigh in today and maintained this week which is perfectly fine after my 4 lb loss last week. Let's keep up the losing ladies.

Nikki

Puncezilla
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm stickin' with it, down to 192. I got a lot to go if I want to meat my mini goal.

Azure
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Things are going really well so far! I'm not going to weigh in until the 31st of this month--my goal was to be 150 by the end of July, and I think I'm going to make it--but I'm going to keep myself in suspense ;)

Nikki128
07-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Woohoo :dance: we are doing great ladies. I already exceeded my mini goal of 4 lbs for July. We can do this :)

aud
07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I've found that just as I get addicted to carb-loading/mindless comfort carb eating veryvery fast . . . I also get addicted to the great energy feeling of Atkins super quick - going into fat burning ketosis quite easily - I've felt the "surge" by the 2nd day b4.

I cannot give up caffeine so thinking that's why I don't have many of the unpleasant symptoms I read about?

How many carbs are in your "light" string cheese, chickadee?

Brware of anything labelled "lite" "light" etc and yes, strawberries can stall going into ketosis on Induction.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better!:hug:

RocknRoll
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I LOVE ATKINS!!!

After two full days I am down 3.2 pounds!!! YAY! I am so happy because two weeks ago I hit my low which was 147.5 but due to little things, like strawberries, I gained back weight. But anyways, I am now at my lowest so far and I don't see any signs of stopping!!

I can't belive I thought Atkins and Carb counting were bad! I LOVE IT!

I am 2.2 pounds away from the 20 lbs mark! I think I will have to go buy some shirts :)

Puncezilla
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Way to go Rocknroll!

I'm down another lb also! I'll change my ticker when I hit 190. should be very soon!

I hope you're all having a wonderfull day!

RocknRoll
07-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Three full days on Atkins and todays weigh in reveals that I have lost... 4.6 POUNDS!

I am in shock ladies! This plan is wonderful!

I got horrible leg cramps last night so I need to buy potassium pills but other than that I feel wonderful! I know I am in ketosis because (excuse the TMI) my urine smells sickly sweet, my mouth is dry, and it all just feels right.

Congrats on the weightloss puncezilla!!

Azure
07-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Phhhbt...thought I'd fess up to about two days of carby badness. I've been TOTALLY sabotaging myself. I was so close to goal and I blew it by just enough that I'm probably not going to make goal, even though I'm back on plan as of today. I "gained" about 3 pounds of water/glycogen weight thanks to my little carb spree--so I don't think 150 by August 1st is going to work (although with Atkins...you never know). So, I'm currently hovering around 154 (as of this morning) and I'm hoping that maybe by doing some cardio to get rid of the glycogen I've stored and by drinking lots of water, I'll at least be on the same footing as before my escapade.

I'm back on track though, and I guess since I had pretty much whatever I wanted for a day and a half, I've got that out of my system!

Hope you're all doing better than I have been!

--Azure

Nikki128
07-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Azure- I did the same thing this weekend. I did not however look at a scale yet. I am going to wait until Friday to weigh in for the week. Today I am back on track though. Hang in there we can do this :)

RocknRoll
07-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Tomorrow is my big 1 week weigh in. I am so nervous about it and I am afraid to see the number. If its not less than 145.4 I honestly will be upset. I weighed 146.4 today but I had a lot of salt yesterday and I was 'backed' up. I took a laxative tea and now I am back to normal in that way but I am still super nervous.

If it doesnt turn out to be a good weigh in I am going to have to cut out something... I think I am eating too much fat. is 40-50% fat a lot?

chickadee315
07-31-2007, 12:44 AM
hey ladies -well set backs are a part of life - we have all been there - um thats why i have gained and lost the same 20 pounds 3 times - healthy :( - anyways i am going camping this wkend with friends and i am going to make some low carb crackers even though they arent allowed on induction but i figure its better then eating doritos and ill likely have myself a gin and diet tonic but no beer so we will see what my loss is like...hopefully i can still stay strong.

Puncezilla
07-31-2007, 02:14 AM
I had a little slip up this weekend too, luckily not enough to cause a gain.

RR, I'm sure you'll start moving down on the scale again soon. According to fitday I eat 60-70% fat. but if I look at actual fat grams I'm actualy eating less fat than befor I started atkins so I'm not worried about the %.

Chickadee, let us know how the crackers turn out, I'v been dying to try some.

Lets keep up the good work ladies!

Nikki128
07-31-2007, 09:53 AM
RocknRoll- Hang in there and keep going even if you dont make it to what you wanted to this week. 40-50 % fat is not to much. I usually get 60-75 % fat. Are you doing atkins?

Chickadee- way to go on prior planning.

Punc- it must have been the weekend for slip ups. I am not going to weigh myself until thursday this week. I want to give my body a few days to get back into ketosis.

Nikki

RocknRoll
07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes, I am doing atkins.

My weight today was 145.6 so its a little less than a pound less than yesterday but not back to my lowest. I think I am going to cut down on cheese. I know we are allowed 3-4 oz but I have not been measuring my cheese... kind of just eye balling it so I am not sure how much cheese I am really eating.

ugh I just looked on a package of what I thought was just sliced chicken breast and its sliced 'homestyle' chicken breast. One of the ingredients is sugar... I have been eating this the past couple days and these days I have not been losing. Could the sugar in this meat screw me up this bad?

callystia
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Could the sugar in this meat screw me up this bad?

Short answer: yes. :( Sugar is SO tricky, and it seems to lurk everywhere.

RocknRoll
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
eek. I really think I have found the problem then! Such a shame because it tasted so good :p

aud
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Who is stalled but they already know WHY?

Who has been so sick they felt like they could DIE?

Who is now waaaaaay back OP?

Who is SHOUTING "I think I CAN?"

Who is looking for Our Weekly Chat Thread?

Who is giving up and going back to Bed!:o

AUDDIE!!

AUDDIE!!

AUDDIE!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::

:crazy:

callystia
07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: That was awesome, Aud!

RocknRoll
08-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Love it AUD!!

I was reading another low carb forum and a lot of the members use low carb shakes and meal replacements like Slim Fast and claim they have never stalled them. How do you guys feel about something like a low carb slim fast? http://www.slim-fast.com/products/product_info.asp?product_id=585

it looks good!

Bouncing
08-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Wheeeee! I made my Aug 1 goal of 240's. And what seems a much bigger deal to me: I have lost 10% of my body weight since I joined 3FC! Oops, I've used up my daily allowance of exclamation points. No more until tomorrow, I promise.

Nikki128
08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Congrats Bouncing way to go :dance:

I made my August 1 goal as well. I lost 5 lbs in July :)

Keep up the good work everyone

callystia
08-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Awesome, ladies!

I accomplished my goal as well; the jeans are much easier to put on. ;) I am shallow, what can I say.

Hubby and I also joined a gym and went for the first time this morning--I'm not sure if I mentioned it here or just in my blog. So I think this month's goals will be devoted to getting some form of exercise every day, and we'll just go from there!

Nikki128
08-02-2007, 10:55 AM
We rock ladies. Let's keep it up !

Puncezilla
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Congrats to all for meeting your goals!!!!:woohoo:

I seem to be stuck on 191, I am just dying to be in the 180's, Fighting to stay positive. I think I need to drink more water. my size 12s are fitting better though No longer to tight to wear. YaY

Woooo...Hoooo.. Keep up the great work, we can do it!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::c heer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

callystia
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
That's great about the 12's, Puncezilla! Sometimes that scale just doesn't want to move, but obviously things are still shaking up for you! :) Hang in there.

Puncezilla
08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks Callystia.

RR, I personaly dont like products like this. They dont show an ingredients list so I would have to look at that first. But things like this are rarely healthy. However as a short term solution for weight loss or just the occasional on the run meal, you would have to try it for yourself to see if you stall. I would rather have a real meal with protien and veggies.

Nikki128
08-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Morning everyone-

How did the weekend go? I had a good weekend. Did not eat much only 1 big meal a day but it was atkins friendly. Today I go back to 3 meals and my water.

Puncezilla
08-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I had a hard time staying OP this weekend but am back on track. I'm going to have to try realy hard to stick with it over the next three weeks while I'm out of town:crossed:.
I hope everyone else had a good weekend.:D