Old 07-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 7/5

Mornin' All,

Ugh, I'm soo tired...need a caffeine IV today.

Karen, I'd be intereted to see what the Dr. has planned also! Hey, maybe he'll send you away to a fat farm...I mean spa...for a month where you have a gorgeous personal trainer to feed you, exercise with you and watch your every move...and insurance will pay for all of it?

I think MO's on vaca this week??

RR, where are you?

Roo, when are you back?

Hello to everyone else!!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Lauren, if it works for Karen ~ I'd be up for something like that! especially the "gorgeous personal trainer"!

Well today I have the interview and I am kinda nervous, but I know that I will do fine. . . I hope. My best friend said something curious when I told her about it ~ something about people judging heavier people more harshly. I agree to a point. It does happen during job interviews I am sure. So I told her that I would wear something flattering. Now I am looking in my closet and cant find anything. Its not that I don't have the clothes ~ I do. I just want to make myself seam slimmer. Uggh!

Okay I will let ya'll know how it goes. Appt's at 1:30 this afternoon.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Lisa, what kind of job are you interviewing for? Find something slimming, but make sure it's something you're comfy in to, otherwise you'll come off uncomfortable. I'll be sayin' a little prayer for you at 1:30! (You're in Eastern time zone, aren't you?)
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #4  

It's through Manpower ~ it would be a customer service position (over the phone). It's at a company called Dana Corporation they only want temps because they are going through bankruptcy (reorginazation). They supply automakers with parts. (Used to be really good ~ Detroit is 45 minutes north of us)

And yes I am in EDT.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #5  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
Hey Lauren, if it works for Karen ~ I'd be up for something like that! especially the "gorgeous personal trainer"!

Well today I have the interview and I am kinda nervous, but I know that I will do fine. . . I hope. My best friend said something curious when I told her about it ~ something about people judging heavier people more harshly. I agree to a point. It does happen during job interviews I am sure. So I told her that I would wear something flattering. Now I am looking in my closet and cant find anything. Its not that I don't have the clothes ~ I do. I just want to make myself seam slimmer. Uggh!

Okay I will let ya'll know how it goes. Appt's at 1:30 this afternoon.

Lisa
You'll do well. Just remember to have a firm handshake, have good eye contact, and try not to be nervous. Make sure to elaborate on your skills and experience to make sure they know that you're the right person for the job.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Luck Lisa on the job interview!!!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning all. I have a killer headache this morning and a hugely dirty diaper waiting for me. Ugh. Some days it doesn't pay to get up. I weighed this morning and I am back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. Dummy.

Good luck Lisa!!!

Lauren:

Off to change a diaper and go pick up the veggies.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #8  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Lisa good luck with the interview.

Karen dont feel bad about being up to your pre-pregnancy weight. I now weigh what I did when I was 9 months pregnant and I have already lost 15 pounds so I was 15 over what I was when I had my daughter. It stinks. But we will get there.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning ladies i was BADDDDDDDDD yesterday not so much the food it was all the beer im so bloated today
ok boss is lurking so i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #10  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Lisa! Good luck with your job interview, I hope it works out and I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. If you get it it's becuase it is YOUR job, if not then it means something better is waiting for you.

dek! I hear you on the PRE-pregnancy thing. I was about the weight I am right now when I was 9 months pregnant and I've lost 17lbs. Can I still call it "baby weight" even though she's 14? LMBO! I put on 60lbs with my daughter and hit about 205, then lost about 40 of it and stayed at 165 for years...then bad decisions and wayyyy too much McD's (which I haven't had for almost 2 months) put me at 200, then I did Slim-Fast about 6 years ago and got down to 165 and kept it off for about 2 years and then gained and gained to 226! My goal is around my pre-pregnancy weight (which is about the same as I was in High School...Oh Man!)

Everyone else, have a fantastic day recovering from your 4th celebrations!

Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, er...afternoon, everyone. I actually spent the 4th with people instead of by myself. The family I live with went to a friend's house and invited me. I had a pretty good time except the home-owner was a smoker (inside the house smoker) so in a couple of hours my eyes were stinging and I stank!! But the food was really good. No I wasn't "good" and I don't care. It was BBQ day for cripes sake! Then the lady I live with and I went out to the fireworks. We went a bit too late and could not find any parking. SHe knew a nearby hospital with a garage and there was plenty of parking there. AND we parked went over to the edge of the garage (open air) and the fireworks started. Just a perfect view and not as loud as being right on the river. It was great!

Sounds like most people had an enjoyable day. Little jealous of Joan , sound like a wonderful celebration. Good for your dad. I can't even pull weeds without wanting to pass out

Hope your interview is going well, Lisa. I think I am posting during it.

Will checkback later.

kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Tamara ~ my sister is overweight and always jokes about needing to get the baby weight off... her "baby" is now 21. Uggghhhh, I am sick of looking like I'm pregnant. I put on 40 lbs. with #1, 20+ lbs. with #2 and by the time #3 came along, I lost track. I just know that it was a lot of weight. I'd lose 20 or 30 lbs. between each child, only to put it (plus more) right back on when I got pregnant. I'm at the same weight now as when I became pregnant with #3. Not good but at least I'm not the same weight as when I gave birth to her. I literally felt like a beached whale during my ninth month. I won't be having any more children and really feel like it's "time" to get control of this.

Lisa ~ I'm sending good vibes your way for the interview...

KarenK ~ had to laugh when reading about your doctor going to "do something about" the weight. Hah~is he a magician?

Hugs to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Kerri ~ we must have posted at the same time. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the Fourth with friends. Sounds like a great spot to sit and enjoy the fireworks. Yesterday's party was a good one. They (brother and sister-in-law) really do go all out. I fed my kids beforehand as I knew that they wouldn't eat anything but ice cream and watermelon all afternoon. They swam and played all afternoon with frequent ice cream breaks:-).

I did so good with the food yesterday! I'm amazed that I never ate anything off of the dessert table. I did have one ice cream cone but I was so busy visiting with people that I never made it around to eating dessert. Didn't eat much food either as most of it was cold by the time that we got there.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #14  

Okay, I'm back from my interveiw. It went fairly well I think. They are going to make a decision pretty quickly. I should know by the begining of next week. :crossfingers: It is really close to my house, if I was in better shape I could bike. (And If I didn't have to cross an extreamly busy train track)

Glad everyones fourth turned out well.

Lisa
Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Just woke up here and it is 11:25, not true I woke up about 1/2 hour ago.

I am so happy you all had a nice day yesterday!
Lauren do you have any idea if insurance would pay for something like a spa? I wonder? that would be fabulous!!!!

There is a fabulous spa I am pretty sure it is a spas for people needing to lose weight, not too far from where I live. Have you guys heard of it? it is called "the golden door" http://www.goldendoor.com it is suppose to be incredible!

Joan I started laughing when read your post
Quote:
had to laugh when reading about your doctor going to "do something about" the weight. Hah~is he a magician?
HI everyone!
Karri what is happening w/the house? how is hubby doing? any better, I sure hope so!

Tamara you can call it baby fat for as long as you want! you got my authorizations lol!

Lisa best of luck with the interview! we are in different time zones I am in southern CA, you probably already had your interview, I am still thinking of you and hope you get the job!

Michelle hello! how is the baby? are you still exercising w/son? how are you both doing?

Roo, RR, where are you guys? Melinda on vacation? GG is visiting her family and GP right?
I got to go get my

I started laughing, like you read my mind!

Karen a spa would be a great idea, I love spas!

Ok I got to go get butt in gear, like go get my and shower before I know it DS will be home.

Have a great day

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote