South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

Ho-hum, it's a 3D morning, dark, damp & dreary! It wouldn't have taken much for me to stay in bed a little longer. Unfortunately, I have to be at Cindy's by 8, so right after I enjoy my morning start-up cup, I'll get Carley up and get ready to go. I think we'll just have a low-key day, staying at home. Tomorrow I'm taking all three girls by myself to Dutch Wonderland for the day, that may be quite an undertaking!

So who has to work today, and who gets to stay home? That day off in the middle of the week really through me off, it felt like Sunday all day yesterday!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I thought it was Saturday all day yesterday! I was so confused this morning. Plus I had one of those dreams where I woke up in my dream and then woke up for real and I couldn't figure out WHAT was going on!

Gotta get the kids in the bath then I'll check in again. Have a fun day inside! Maybe you could play Chutes and Ladders. That's my favorite board game!

Kara
Old 07-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Chutes and Ladders...boy, that brings back memories. I am 51 and remember driving my Mother nuts wanting to play that game over and over!

My husband's Aunt and Uncle are coming to pick up my Mother in Law today to visit with them on the gulf coast, so I have a day of cleaning so the house looks nice when they get here.

My daughter made it past San Antonio last night before stopping for the night..they found a hotel that would let them bring the dogs in, so that's a good thing..they had to pay $10 extra, but worth it. They left at 5 yesterday morning...2 more days of driving ahead of them. I called her bf's mother yesterday morning and we had a good cry/laugh together.

Yesterday was very low key..we just went to a restaurant that is on a river close to here and then did a little shopping...my MIL found a great white jacket that was originally in the 100's for $17 and she was a happy lady! Ah, it's the little things that keep us happy!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, chickies.

Cottage, it sounds to me that you needed more than a one day holiday. A low-key day may be just what you need before tomorrow.

Kara, you dreamed you woke up! Too funny!

Femme, they are not coming to see your house but to see you. Be gentle with yourself today. I know you miss your DD.

"Slept in" again until 5:40! It is sort of dripping wet out there but the sun is peeking through. I know we have more rain predicted but there will be good patches today. I actually enjoyed the rain yesterday afternoon and holed up in my sewingroom for a couple of hours. I finally finished the church linen embroidery that has been sitting there since Christmas. One of these years I may finally get all the linen napkins ironed!

There's nothing on my Must Do list today except a 1:30 appointment for my allergy shot so I plan to go to town to clear some "niggles" and get a taste of civilization.

Have a lovely Thursday. I hope it is a sunny one despite the weather.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:47 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. I'm definitely not bright-eyed or bushy-tailed today. I have PT again, so here I am, early early early.

I'm so happy that I don't have to work tomorrow-Sun. Being at the pool was nice, before it started storming. I got a little bit of a sunburn on my stomach and tops of my thighs. Otherwise I just freckled in nicely. Going to spend my weekend at the pool, definitely!

Well, I hope all you girls had a great day yesterday and are enjoying your day today. I'm going to hop through the shower and get a move on. Talk soon!

Lisa
Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, our experience in driving cross-country is that the farther west you get, the more pet-friendly the hotels are!

What's a niggle, Ruth? Do ear worms eat them?

Good luck at PT, weezle!

Kara
Old 07-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #7  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Morning beach goers! I am off to work, but wanted to say a quick hello. I hope everyone had a great 4th. No celebrating for me. I finished most my painting that I wanted to get a accomplished. Still more, but at least it doesn't look so bad now. I sort of stayed on plan yesterday, though was so busy painting that I had forgotten to eat breakfast and a snack. It was noon by the time I realized the time. I went to Pamera for lunch with some friends and had a greek salad and turkey sandwich without the dressing. Not too bad and it was yummy! Hope to get back to breakfast and eating more regularly again today. I must go make some eggs and turkey bacon and hit McDonalds on my way in for coffee.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #8  

Thufferin thuckatash Thursday already????

I've got a full To Do list this morning! first cawfeeeeeeeeeeee! then tend to the furkids then hitting the stores...................
Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Shequila, my father-in-law swears that McDonald's makes the best coffee of any place out there! I don't care for coffee myself, but I always thought it was funny that McDonald's makes good coffee.

Kara
Old 07-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Mornin', Schatzi! Isn't this week flying by? It's good and bad. Clean-the-house-Friday already tomorrow...seems like it came up too fast.

Kara
Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #11  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Shequila, my father-in-law swears that McDonald's makes the best coffee of any place out there! I don't care for coffee myself, but I always thought it was funny that McDonald's makes good coffee.

Kara
That's just been recently that they've changed their coffee. I also like Dunkin Donuts, but there isnt' one on the way and besides, I think I might get a bit temped in DD. I don't like anything else in McDees other than their coffee so I am pretty safe.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

I agree. Even though I don't care for Dunkin' Donuts' donuts as much as I like the bakery in our hometown, I can't possibly walk into a donut place and stay on plan. Best to just stay away!

Kara
Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Morning chicks (yawn),
BIG to-do list today. I planned to take the day off, but got a little attitude last week from my customer about being out all week, so I guess I'll try to put a full day in today AND get my other stuff done. I've got six weeks of vaca on the books, but don't know when I'll ever be able to take it! My niece is arriving tomorrow from France to spend a month with us. My house is totally trashed from vacation and kids. So lots of cleaning to be done. Yesterday was fun with the family, and got to hold the new grand-niece. Stayed on plan except for a glass of wine, and I even resisted two different coldstone creamery ice cream cakes - well, okay, I tasted a spoonful of my daughter's - just one. DD is showering for a day at work, and the younger kids are sleeping in, I guess, haven't heard a peep from them yet. They probably know I'm making a chore list right now!

cottage - rainy days are the hardest to get up! I hope you get lots of rest today so you'll have lots of energy tomorrow - you'll need it!
femme - have fun with the family...
Ruth - hope you have a relaxing "just for you" day.
Lisa - I'm jealous of your time off!
Kara - Glad to see you around. When I got back from the beach I was reading through the posts I missed and didn't see much of you, I was worried you'd left us!
Hi Sheila and Schatzi! - I'm a Dunkin Donuts coffee girl myself, but I've been afraid to go by there anymore, worried I won't leave with just coffee!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning ladies, dragging a bit myself today, come on coffee!! Yesterday was pretty low key, managed to stay OP except some baked beans. Went to the local carnival lastnight (until the rain set in), fed my sweet neice some peach cobbler, thank goodness it was yucky, I only had one taste, then some again icky fries (one bite), someone is looking out for me!

Keep the will power dust flowing, feel I am going to need it! Why do the men in our lives have to be so stinkin difficult at times?

Hope everyone has a great day! This is Thursday right?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/260/199

Height: 5'7"

Default Weird Day

Hi everyone, I too kept thinking today would be Sunday. Had to keep reminding myself I had to work today. Well, my goal by the end of next week is to figure out a way to add a workout to my schedule. I work at the YMCA and have a free membership so I really don't have any excuses. I can come up with a great top ten list, but they really are just excuses. I lost 5 pounds since Monday, which I am sure is just water weight since I am running to the bathroom every 1/2 hour. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Closed Thread