Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - July 2/07

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well! Any lifetimers who want to jump please do We'd love to have you!

Susan: Did you do anything fun for your holiday weekend?

No major plans here other than a picnic at my sister-in-law's house. I'm trying to figure out when I can attend a meeting this week since the Center is closed for the holiday on my normal WI day. I'm thinking I'm going to have to attend an evening meeting but I'll bypass the scale.

Lisa: How are things going with you?

Pam: Weather has been great here, although we could really use some rain. We're supposed to have some more humid weather tonight and tomorrow and with that some rain. It's been gorgeous here with temps in the low 70's and sunny.

Well gotta get back to the orientation prep work--more later!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies,

Weather is nice and cool but we may get T-storms tomorrow. Not much planned for the holiday, maybe a cookout or go to Boston to visit DS. Work is very slow, seems like everyone is on vacation. Trying to decide when Dh and I will go to the Cape for a little getaway...looking like the last weekend in September.
Went to see Ocean's 13 this past weekend. It was entertaining, George Clooney is so easy on the eyes..... Other than that I just puttered around the house, got a lot of yardwork done until the lawnmower died. Luckily my Dad was able to revive it.

Melissa time sure goes by quickly you're already doing orientation prep work again! Forgot to congratulate you on your son's graduation sounds like he's really doing well. What grade is your younger son in? Lauren is starting her senior year of high school in September.

Hi to Susan, Lisa, Lala and everyone else. Have a Happy 4th!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #3  

Had a great holiday weekend.

Saturday, my friend and her three kids came to visit and we spent a full two hours in the pool. The kids had a blast and they all made great progress in terms of their comfort level in water that's over their heads.

Sunday morning I ran in the Run for Canada 10 k race downtown. Really pleased with my time of just under 1:04. The medal was absolutely huge! In the afternoon, took the same kids to the park/beach.

Monday, a long morning walk with my friend, then went to see Away From Her, a Cdn. film with Julie Christie, Gorden Pinsent and Olympia Dukakis. I had to bite my tonge to keep from sobbing out loud. A love story in the truest, most heart-wrenching sense of the word.

Topped the weekend off with a Canada Day party at our clubhouse, put on by the condo social committee. We had lots of goodies, a live band, drinks etc. I left early because of a headache, but it was great to see all of my neighbours and catch up.

Had to come back to work for a rest!

Happy 4th!! Talk later this week.

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, everyone!!! Just a drive by. I was away all last week at a training class in Washington, D.C. Very good class, but extremely difficult.

Then back at work and I've been slammed. I must work this weekend if I ever hope to catch up. So many people are out, so I'm getting all of their work!!

Yesterday, played in a golf tournament and then went to a cookout and ate way too much. I'm trying to forget about it...

Today's a new day.

Susan, congrats on your 10K. That was great and a big medal, too.

Pam, nice to hear from you again.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #5  

Lisa: Welcome back! I also did not have a good day eating yesterday--suffice to say I was way TOO close to the chips and ate way more than I needed; as you said, "today is a new day" We're busy here too with orientation preparations.

Pam: The humidity has moved back in here and it's been pretty cloudy most of today; t'storms are in the forecast and we could really use the rain, everything is so dry! DS #2 will be a junior *gasp* this year. Where has the time gone?? He turns 16 in August (the week before his brother's wedding). DH and I are planning a trip for our 25th anniversary and I think we've got it narrowed down to Vermont/Maine in October.

Susan: Congrats on the race! My walking is stalled a little with the heat; I should've walked at the Wellness Center today but bypassed it.

Just an update on my bloodwork--my iron is in the low end of normal and the doctor said I should take a multivitamin with iron (which I currently do) to help bring it up, I just need to make sure I take it on a regular basis. They are also increasing my synthroid to .50 mcg so hopefully that'll help with this overall "buzz" I've been experiencing along with the tiredness. I picked up my new prescription on Tuesday and it'll probably take a week or so for the meds to kick in.

The 4th was pretty uneventful--went to my sister-in-law's for a picnic and ate way too many tortilla/corn chips. No major plans for the weekend so that'll be nice.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #6  

Hey Ladies,

We had a kind of rainy 4th but it was still nice to have a day off We ended up just having a small get together at our house instead of going to Boston. DS had made plans to go out with some friends. I'm all mixed up due to the holiday, today seems like a Monday??

Lisa welcome back! I've never been to D.C., DH and I keep talking about going there but we've never made it. I hope you don't have to work too much this weekend...that's not fun!

Susan you had a fun weekend! I love going to see a really good love story....I usually end of sobbing uncontrollably...I'm thinking about Bridges of Madison County from several years ago....Oh my did I cry during that one! Great time on the 10k !

Melissa I love your new picture. You look a lot like someone who works with me! I hope taking the multi regularly and increasing your synthroid helps to stop that tired feeling. I'm also guilty of not taking my multi regularly...I really must do better with that.

I went to Appleby's for lunch with a friend today and had the confetti chicken. It was really very good and the portion size was perfect. Have a great one ladies...talk to you later!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #7  

Melissa, love the new pic, too. I'm glad you found out something with your blood work. I had low iron and was anemic and boy was I tired. I had to take a prescription for iron. Vermont/Maine sounds wonderful.

Pam, Washington, D.C. is really great. You must go. Funny I went to Applebees today, too. I had the teriyaki shrimp skewers. I usually have the confetti chicken, but I had a lot of chicken yesterday.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #8  

Good morning!

The weather is beautiful here! I was supposed to go out to lunch with one of my former coordinators but we had to reschedule to next week so now I'm without a lunch or plans! I'm debating on whether I should go out for a walk or do something else....decisions!

My copy of the lab results arrived in today's mail so I'll be anxious to see what my numbers are. I was talking with our nurse here at the university and she said it will take a couple of weeks for the meds to kick in (I kind of figured that) but it shouldn't take as long as when I first started the synthroid. I just want to get rid of the constant "buzz" I feel!

Pam: I've been taking my multi either at lunch or dinner because I have to wait 4 hours after I've taken my synthroid. So far I'm remembering to do it.

Lisa: The doctor's office said I don't need to take a supplement, I figured I'd just make sure I take my multi on a regular basis and hopefully that'll help.

No major plans for the weekend--DH and I might go to the Greek Festival on Saturday but other than that it should be on the quieter side.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #9  

Just a little over an hour to quitting time on a rainy Friday afternoon. The weather for the weekend doesn't look good. We had a howling rainstorm here yesterday and woke up to temps of only 13 degrees C. That is not warm folks.

It looks as though I'll be starting a new job soon!!! My references checked out and they've now started the security clearance which is 'secret' but since I've had that level for years, I'm hoping it won't take much longer. I am anxious to get settled, to unpack my boxes, to learn something new. With any luck, I will start the new job in mid-August but I'm not going to hold my breath. Security is different in a post 9-11, North American world.

Saw Michael Moore's Sicko on Wednesday nite. I can't imagine what it's like to have to pay for health insurance and to have a hospital turn me away when I need care. I know that Mr. Moore exaggerates to make his point, but he did profile some heart-breaking cases.

Probably won't do much outdoors over the weekend, so maybe I'll be able to finish putting up pictures downstairs. It's been almost a year since I've put the photographs into frames. Just can't seem to get them up on the walls. I also want to get a long run in over the weekend and that will be totally weather dependant.

Have a good one.

Susan

ps - love the new pic Melissa
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

I have a question...our weight watchers has just recently gone "international" before it was "private owned". My question is: how do the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 weights transfer into .2, .4, .5 etc.? I didn't look at my weigh in book till I got home so I never noticed the change. I have been a lifetime member for 13 years now and it is all new to me!

Thanks,
Deb
daytona1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #11  

Deb, welcome to our thread. Gosh, I don't know the answer, but I hope that our long-time member and WW employee, Melissa, can answer your question.

Melissa, I hope you made a good decision.

Susan, that is not warm. I can't believe your temps in July. It's boiling here that's for sure. Yesterday (Sat.) was unbearable, so we stayed inside. I've just been going to rehearsals and doing housework and yard work.

I had heard that "Sicko" was interesting. One of the sad stories was a woman who was unconscious and an ambulance took her to the hospital. Her HMO turned down the ambulance ride payment because she didn't get it pre-approved. Duh!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #12  

Hi Domina,

Guess I will have to find out when I get back from vacation. We are going north to Traverse City. Today it is a hot 95 here in MI.

Thanks for the welcome, I will check back next week.

Deb
daytona1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #13  

Welcome Deb!! I would think that since you are part of international that new scales have been put into place which record the weight with .2, .4, etc. so that it's all consistent with other international owned centers. Congratulations on being at Lifetime for 13 years! We look forward to hearing from you! It's hot here in PA too...89 degrees and it's only 11:30 and tomorrow isn't going to be much better.

Lisa: I ended up going for a walk and then going over to our cafeteria and had french onion soup (minus all the cheese) and a piece of pizza which I ended up tossing most of because it just didn't taste that great.