UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/205/140

Height: 5 ft 5 inch

Default the munchies

Does anyone find that they feel hungry just because they have nothing to do all day?

I'm sitting here so bored because its the holidays, ad Im having to stop myself from going to the kitchen to get something to eat until its time for lunch.

Anyone else have this problem? I know you could fill the time by going for a walk or sumthing, but it drives me mad if its pouring down with rain.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft7

Yep that's definatly the case with me, at weekends at home I'm a nightmare, I have to make sure there is nothing unhealthy in the house to tempt me, although I have got better at saying no to my husband when he offers me naughties.
crazy helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Oh I hate being in the house alone, I walk to the fride every 10 minutes......ITS HORRRIBLE
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #4  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

I use to eat whilst studying. I'm with the Open University so study from home. But last couple of weeks it hasn't bothered me. I do my housework, study (doing 2 courses at once), and have got back to doing some cross stitch to take my mind off food. When I put some weight on a couple of weeks ago it was whilst revising for my accounts exam and I found I was eating because I was nervous. Glad to say exam out the way and weight falling off. Also instead of buying chocolate I've been getting meringue nests, less calories than chocolate. I've been chocolate free since last Wednesday
kn1ghtbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #5  

two words - Voluntary Work! I've been helping little kids at a primary school. I'm out 9am - 3.10pm the days I go in, and I take ONE sandwich with me...bingeing opportunities greatly diminished!!

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #6  

Keep a raw veggies tray in the ice box when you just have to much. Celery, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, etc. They are good chew foods and really good for you. Fresh fruit works well when you just have to have something sweet.
GrandmaBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/185/119

Height: 5'4"

i am a MONSTER MUNCHER (in both senses)!! when not dieting i can get through endless packets of crisps, hence the need to diet after! just after beginning a diet i always have the reflex of snackingwhich is hard to break but after a while its ok!
i eat cereal bars/fruit or drink water if i am peckish and it is nearly mealtime. sugar free/diet type sweets are also useful. otherwise i find a big time consuming job to do!
frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 AM   #8  
Wanna be below 200!

S/C/G: 289/see ticker/150

I always have water chilled in the fridge for snacky moments, tends it take the edge off. My husband has just started healthy eating too and is really struggling to find healthy snacks that he enjoys.
crazy helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:08 AM   #9  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

An average craving lasts about 15 min, if you can get through that then you are going to be ok. Just make sure you distract yourself drink some water to fill up your stomach and curve the cravings or do something else that's productive like some sit-ups .
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #10  

Rusty - when I saw the Munchies headline I thought aha she has been at the wacky baccy! I don't have food in my one room as I share a kitchen and there is not much room when you share with 3 others so I keep stuff at work. However, when I am at mum's I eat out of boredom. Then get really disgusted with myself. Poor Mum tries hard and thinks she is doing well for me by us having salad and stuff but then Dad gets out the biscuits.... I am just like my Dad. We can leave the table full then get out the biscuit pack!

Knightbabe - what 2 courses are you doing? Good on yer! I started on ages ago but it was beyond me - (the simple maths one). However I have asked for another prospectus as I would like to do something sciencey either social or ecologicallly like.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #11  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Once im 2 days into my diet, i become so determined that i could eat nothing at all the entire day.. The more i diet, the less i want to binge eat. Sitting here right now, i know there is a lot of things to eat in the kitchen but put simply, i am not hungry. In the past i would have eaten and eaten..
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #12  

I've only just started dieting (again) and I've managed to get through 3 1/2 days without giving into my "munchies" cravings. Luckily I've got a 1 year old son that is now toddling about and nobody can eat without him noticing! So that's a welcome distraction. As I type I'm in a hotel though as my fella invited me along on a business trip so there's no baby boy to keep me in check and it's a good job there's nothing in the fridge or I'd probably eat it just because I'm alone and bored! I've got no will power!
missdizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:30 AM   #13  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock 2 View Post

Knightbabe - what 2 courses are you doing? Good on yer! I started on ages ago but it was beyond me - (the simple maths one). However I have asked for another prospectus as I would like to do something sciencey either social or ecologicallly like.
I'm doing Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Communication in Health and Social Care. Fingers crossed on passing these to gain my Degree.
kn1ghtbabe is offline   Reply With Quote