Carb Counters - Thrown out of Ketosis????

View Full Version : Thrown out of Ketosis????

nasus40
07-03-2007, 06:00 AM
HHHMMM I never dip my urine. But this time I found some sticks and tried it. Oh boy was I excited to see it purple and stay that way. but yesterday I drank a low carb eas shake. did not eat anything different and was thrown out of ketosis. does this happen to anybody else???

Leenie
07-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Sue, what color was the stick? if it was a darker shade of pink they say that that is Ketosis as well.

nasus40
07-03-2007, 05:59 PM
it was a lovely shade of pink before yesterday then it was a slightly darker shade of tan last evening and this morning. it just now is having a slight shade of pink, and I do mean SLIGHT shade today and All I ate was shrimp!!! (breakfast and lunch) and lots of it.today. did not prepare, so I grabed the first thing I had LOL what a way to go huh???

Leenie
07-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Are you losing weight even though the stick is not pink/purple?

You know when I was following atkins...any time I had a shake or something with sugar alcohols in it, it totally screwed up my system.

Try a few days with out any of the Frankinfoods and see what happens.

HUGS !!!! :hug:

nasus40
07-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Yea it was only one day that I had the shake. I will have to save them for emergency only, when I can not get yo real food items. I was losing very slowly until just before I had the shake. Then the whoosh fairy came and took some blessings and I dropped a few. so I did not gain in that day but oh my, was it weird. I was so purple then to see it tan!!! I am pink again this morning and very happy. peanutbutter does not bother it. but never again will I take a shake or a few of them unless I have to. Thanks Leenie. I just needed validation. I used to use them all the time, but that was when I was burning 1 hour of cardio and weight lifting daily now I am lucky to get 30 min 4 times weekly. so I need to make the adjustments in my life. That is what this is all about making the adjustments. if this was easy we all would be skinny.

I never dipped before (sounds like snuff :lol: ) so this was a new experience for me. but it does help to keep me in line I will have to get more strips. for a while I was dipping 3-4 times daily, until I saw pink. :lol: now when I need it I am almost out of strips. but it is a good validation that I am on the right track.

Leenie
07-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Thats great Sue, I hear you on "adjusting." I'm glad you figured it out and are back on track.

I see your 30th reunion is this year, my 25th is this year as well OY :faint: have fun :)

:hug:

nasus40
07-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Acutally Leenie I have decided not to go. but I do plan on continuing my weight loss just the same. the decision to stay home has to do with
1. the financial issues. I do not have the money to fron for the trip.
2. I will be going for such a short time it will not be worth the trip.
3. one of my people that i want to go and see would be mary and she is going to a wedding that weekend out of town.
4. My new job I am not sure that I can stand to take more time off that this week that I am going camping.
5. and probably the most important. I do not talk to the people except Mary. not a single person. I was basically a nerd and not very many people even knew who i was. so why go, and why pretend to talk to people that 30 years ago i did not talk to. Yea it is fun to see who has gained weight but then they will be looking at me and saying the same thing. I an not ready tp put my self through that. I thought long and hard about that and really do not have anybody there I really want to see.

it is even worse going to be a joint reunion 1976,1977,1978 so then there will be more people that I really do not care to see.

NOW if anyboy wants to talk about a fat chick low carb get together then there are people that I do want to see and talk to and have a good time.

nasus40
07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
PS deep purple this morning. and yes I bought some more!!!

lady_adnerb
07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Be careful you don't let the strips discourage you though! I think it's great that you've found something that seems to motivate you :hug: Throw me some of that motivation!

nasus40
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Brenda I know how easily things can discourage you. I am well aware that I can lose with out ever testing but this time this seems to motivate me. that plus the fact that when I started low carb it triggered a migraine from HE##. NEVER to want to experience that again 3 days worth,. and I do not get migraines. I am grasping at anything that will keep me OP and the purple seems to do it this time.

But AWWW thanks for worring!!!

Leenie
07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Sue the 4 chickies I used to hang with in HS I keep in contact with so there is no reason for me to go to my reunion either. I did go to my 10th reunion and nobody recognized me... I went from 300 lbs to 150 lbs :D :D :D :D :D and I got to see all the fat jocks and ugly cheerleaders ROFLMFAO!!! Sweet~
But that was enuf for me.

Congrats on being back in the purple... I know how important that is to you and :cheer2: you go girl.

If you ever venture to northern NJ or the pearl river ny area...let me know, I'd love to meet you. Even if its only for a quick hello :hug:

Brenda toots... I'm sooooooo glad to see you back.

I really would love to low carb again but dang...I'm so weak :( I must figure out something to help me b/c I am stuck and can't seem to lose (well thats b/c I'm not trying really...I'm not fooling anyone).

:hug:

aymster
07-07-2007, 09:27 AM
That's happened to me when I've done the same thing. Knocks me out for up to 3 days if I don't rectify what I've done!

I think I need to go buy some strips: thanks for the reminder!