Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 AM   #1  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Default Bitten

Have any of you heard of 'Bitten' by Sarah Jessica Parker (bittensjp.com)? It's a clothing line at Steve & Barrys and the price never goes above 19.98! Sizes 0-22. I meant to check it out this past weekend when me and my fiance went shopping but I forgot. I'm going to check it out sometime this month. The clothes look cute and for under 20 on EVERYTHING .. that sounds good to me. This also includes shoes, jewelry, etc.

The official website states: "BITTEN offers nearly 1,000 apparel and accessories pieces, including jeans, woven and knit shirts, suit separates, wool and cashmere sweaters, dresses, jackets, lingerie, t-shirts, sweatshirts, sleepwear, swimwear, bags, jewelry, belts, footwear, and much more.

The BITTEN collection was designed for women of all ages and sizes, with a full size range from XS-XXL in tops, 0-22 in bottoms, and 5-11 in shoes.''

It also states that it will soon be offered online.

Last edited by pixiefalls; 07-03-2007 at 04:23 AM.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #2  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I looooveee Steve and Berry's but I don't have one close by. When I visit my Dad in Ohio I always stock up on things. I did hear about the Bitten clothes line when it was released but haven't been up there to check it out. Hopefully I'll be able to go in the next few weeks. I did buy a pair of capris last time I was there. I bought a 12 in anticipation of being able to wear them. I'm just now able to wear them, when I fit into a 6 of other sizes. I thought I had bought a kids size 12 for the longest time! Oh well I still love them and now can finally flaunt them!!
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #3  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

I've heard mixed reviews about her clothes. I hear that her clothes run a little small, and someone's review of them: "would say the quality reminds me of Old Navy, if not a little thinner and cheaper feeling". YMMV
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

I went to my local Steve & Barry's and tried on just about everything in the Bitten line. None of it fit!! On me, the clothes were cut weird and didn't fit very well. But they might be perfect for a different body shape!

For reference, I am 5'4" and weigh approximately 160lbs. I wear a 36D and size 10/12. I am definitely hourglass shaped...larger chest, small waist, and wide hips.
drkeyez458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I checked it out. I didn't try anything on, but I surveyed the line.

My verdict: basic. Just very basic items like jeans and t's in plain colors. I mean, I thought "Sarah Jessica Parker! It must be so glamourous!" and it wasn't. Just regular.

I also can't speak for the quality. $15 jeans sound like a great buy, but will they hold up? And how exactly can "they" afford to make the clothing so cheap? I hope not sweatshop labour.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #6  

I saw an article on this line in Oprahs magazine. Now Oprah is NOT the goddess incarnate for me - but I think she would be careful about researching something before she endorsed it - meaning no sweat shop ?!
They actually looked very pretty and are supposed to be all priced at $ 19.98 or under. Worth a look............
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #7  
active kids, active mom

I'm reviving this thread in hopes that there might be some new reviews out there before I trek out to the S and B store 20 miles away.

I am currently wearing Old Navy size 20's and they are a bit loose. Does anyone know if the Bitten line is comparable in size?

Thanks
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #8  
Fat-be-gone

I don't know about the clothes...but I bought some very cute teal peep toe pumps for $9!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

Every time I have gone to S & B I have back empty handed, none of the clothes fit me right. The same for Gap and Old Navy.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #10  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I have a Steve and Barry's near me that I visit regularly. I've bought a few items from the Bitten line and in my opinion it's just "okay". I agree that the quality seems to be a cheaper version of old navy. And it is all very plain, although some of it is very cute. I could take it or leave it. But the price is always a good thing.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Just thought I'd bump this up as I went to S&B for the first time today and saw the SJP line. I thought they looked pretty good ... a nice variety of stuff and some cute sweaters. I bought a gray cardigan in a medium and it fit well on me. I figure for $10, I can't go wrong really. We'll see how it holds up over the winter.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #12  
West of Mars

S/C/G: 203/202/145

Height: 5'6"

I think the Bitten line is really cute basics, but at my current size 16 (and an hourglass figure to boot), none of the clothes fit me. I don't think the size is comparable at all to Old Navy sizes. Bitten does seem to run really small.
TuesdayBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/189/145

Height: 5'5"

All of their clothes are really cute but I always leave depressed because i usually wear a 14 or a 16 but I can't even begin to squeeze into an 18 and I'm swimming in a 20 at S & B...their sizes are completely off!!!
SoonToBeMrsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #14  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I LOVE BITTEN! Their clothing, accessories, and purses are great. Its a cool place to shop for in style, quality stuff for super cheap. I usually stock up on tee shirts when I go there.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

If you think Bitten is undersized, try Dear.
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote