Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Terrified!!!

Wow, I just jumped on the scales and saw a number I can't believe!!!!! I've ballooned up to 323.8 lbs., and yet I can still convince myself "i'm not that big" OMG!!!!

The reason for the TERROR, is because when I hit 300, I did a "lifestyle change" and dropped 15 lbs, but about 4 months later had gained it back, PLUS 8 lbs....so at 308 I started again, and then hit 318 about 4 months later.....at 318 went down to 311 and then now I'm up to 323....

You see where I'm going with this....i'm terrified if I try again, I'll end up at 340, 350, 700000000!!!! where can it end??? besides me being dead on a stretcher of course!!!

sorry for the melodramatics, but I'm freaking out here....

I gave myself a stern talking to and I just have to admit that "diets" don't work for me, denying everything doesn't work for me, fooling myself can't work for much longer. The clothes I've worn during summertime in years past are so tight and uncomfortable now, and there aren't too many sizes BIGGER to go!!!

So for July, I'm gonna do the following and see where I am at the end of it.

* no mcdonald's
* take lunch to work
* 3 meals and 2 snacks.
* a little walking

and I'm thinking a little THERAPY might not come amiss!!! I wish I could say I had something horrific happen to me as a kid, but I was always loved, happy, energetic, enthusiastic, I'm not depressed, have lots of friends, no trauma..... I'll report in and I'd like to hear from anyone in the same boat!

thanks,
tt
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi TT and welcome to 3FC
I understand where you are coming from, I have tried loosing weight and everytime I just gained more weight. I guess for me it was a number of breaking points that made me begin this journey. First it was not fitting in a size 24 anymore, and the 26s getting snug, not being able to walk as fast as I did before, and just feeling unhealthy.
I really do think it is possible to do this, but , for me, I needed to realize that this is for life, and if I want to be healthy and happy I had to stick to this, and not to give up. There are days I want to give in, but I won't do it!! I stick to my calorie intake, I exercise and come here for accountability. So TT you can do this too, and I hope you stick around. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #3  

Sometimes it takes a few (hundred, in my case) tries. Don't give up! You CAN do this!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #4  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Awwww! I know what you're feeling because the same thoughts have flashed through my mind many times over the years also. But you can't NOT try again! You've got a great plan in mind - it's not too constrictive but it's enough to get you going in the right direction. I wish I could give up sugar and all the other bad things out there but I know myself - if I denied myself my occasional treats I wouldn't have made it this far. I can say that as more time that goes by I am finding that I am able to say "no" to those treats just because it seems that it involves too many wasted calories.

If I were you, I would add one more rule of thumb to the list...follow the 15 (or 30 ) minute time out rule. If you feel yourself giving in to something that you know isn't good for you then tell yourself that you can have it IF you still want it after the 15 minutes has past.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Trazey. I'm glad that you're back. You've been missed.

I feel for you so much I can not begin to tell you.

Your July plan is a good start. Although at your starting weight, you could probably have 3 or even 4 snacks. Hopefully that will keep you on plan better and that's what it's all about - finding a plan that you can stick with. Yes, stay away from McDonalds. You can eat much more food for way less calories if it were healthy, nutritious foods. Think more lean proteins, more vegetables, more whole grains, more fruits. Less junk. More good stuff. Less junk. Eventually it'll be the healthy stuff you will crave. Make a better choice every time you eat. And be sure to add some activity/exercise to your day. Increasing gradually. Get into this new healthy lifestyle. Get excited about it. You can do this Trazey. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back TT

I am in the exact same boat as you are... My moment hit me last Tuesday, when I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time and found my dreaded number 250 staring back up at me...it was horrible, awful...but it was the kick in the butt that I needed to realize just what you've said here...."where will it stop???". I could keep gaining easily until I weighed I don't know how much....or I can STOP...and turn this bus AROUND!!!!!

Please don't despair....we can do this together, OK? Your plan for July looks excellent, I'm so proud of you!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #7  

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #8  

Keep it positive, this isn't a punishment. Think of all the things you will "gain as you lose" -- more energy, more self esteem, happier, etc. The list goes on and on. Think of what you'll "lose if you gain" -- your confidence, your health, your ability to do so many things, etc. That list can go on and on too. If you are like me, it's not an option to stay the same because we know we won't -- we can either go up or go down and I would much rather go down. I had a shock when I went from 145 to 200 -- you would think that would have stopped me but it didn't, I went way up to 263 at one point. I don't know what will really get me going, but I'm still going to put as much effort as I can in getting to the best me I can be!! It's all about finding what works for you and keeps you from feeling like your deprived or being abused!!

Your plan sounds great and very doeable. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #10  
Starting is half the task

S/C/G: 330/ticker/160

Height: 5'10

welcome back to 3fc! I hope this time around it is better. The thing that sucks about lifestyle changes is that they have to be a for life change. :/ I soooo feel your pain!

GL!!

Court
Cokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokia View Post
welcome back to 3fc! I hope this time around it is better. The thing that sucks about lifestyle changes is that they have to be a for life change. :/ I soooo feel your pain!

GL!!

Court
But then again the thing that ummm.... UNsucks about a lifestyle change - is that you actually get to CHANGE your life - for the better. The much, much, MUCH better!!! Yes, it's all worth it - by like a lot, a real lot. And you eventually come to love and cherish your new lifestyle and all the changes that it brings about.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #12  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so glad to see you are back! I have thought about you a lot the last month or so and wondered how things were going for you. I always enjoy reading your posts because you have such a great way of putting things. The weight loss mountain may seem huge right now, but remember that a journey of 1000 steps begins with step number one, then number two, then three...and on and on. Don't concentrate on the 1000 steps it may take from "here" to "there" but concentrate on each and every single step. Look at it as a sightseeing journey - enjoy what you learn and the new you that you will discover along the way. I find this makes it easier than looking at the end goal number because that usually seems so overwhelming.

You can do this. I know you can - you know you can. We all know you can!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back. On the plus side, no pun intended, please remember that it doesn't take a huge loss to start to give you back your focus and your self-esteem. 10 or 15 pounds in and I was already starting to feel some control that chased away the terror and the panic. Good luck.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

tt- I'm so glad you decided to come back and post with us! I've really missed you and your awesome sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
You see where I'm going with this....i'm terrified if I try again, I'll end up at 340, 350, 700000000!!!! where can it end??? besides me being dead on a stretcher of course!!!

I wish I could say I had something horrific happen to me as a kid, but I was always loved, happy, energetic, enthusiastic, I'm not depressed, have lots of friends, no trauma..... I'll report in and I'd like to hear from anyone in the same boat!
The outcome of you trying again doesnt have to be a bleak horrible one. Just think, this time can be the turning point for the rest of your life! If others can do this, then so can the rest of us.

I believe that many of us are overweight because we have learned to use food for reasons other than to fuel our body. As adults, its not always easy to identify those reasons or to change ingrained habits...but, it can be done. I had wonderful parents. Other than one incident with an uncle, my childhood was great. I do have hormonal issues and have problems with periodic depression, but my life is actually quite nice. So, why am I fat? I use food mainly as relaxation and as a way to enjoy life. I've recognized this and am now working on changing my automatic behavior. No, its not easy...but, I keep trying and I'll get it right one day. Please keep trying. Success is in our future.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #15  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

You guys are TOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!

I feel better already, gave myself a mental slap for being a whiney little b**h LOL

AND i wanted to say SORRY because I did something that I hate when it's done to me!!!! I raged against seeing 323 on the scale, saying how HUGE a number is, and DUH hello, there are folks out there who weigh MORE than that, so what a slap in the face! sorry if i hurt anyone's feeings

I kinda like that "inside the brookhaven obesity clinic" on TLC where the 700 pound folks are dying to weigh 323!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote