LA Weight Loss - Pancake mix question ??

View Full Version : Pancake mix question ??

6digmans
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Ok I was going to use a CC and make pancakes it calls for "homemade pancakes" however I see I am out of baking powder now:(.

Can I use this mix we have its buttermilk pancake mix

ingredinets- serving 1/4 cup

cal 150 from fat 15

total fat 2g
saturate fat.5
transfat 0g
cholesterol <5mg
sodium 400mg:(
total carb 29g
dietary fiber 2g
sugar 6g
protein 4g

I am going to guess its a no only because it sounds good and its the only thing I have to make pancakes rather then Tuna.

]
If I do french toast and have no egg sub. can I use a reg eggs? if so how much to make the 5 pieces of french toast that Cc calls for ???

Leesee
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't do the cc but back in my french toast days, (only a couple of months ago...lol) I used to use 1 egg per 2 slices of bread used. So, for the 5 slices, you'd need 3 eggs. I don't know if you can use the real thing in place of the substitute. The eggs for french toast need some milk added.

bizlawchik
07-03-2007, 03:41 AM
I would think you can use a mix because the book says "made w/water". That makes me think it's a mix and not from scratch. I think by "homemade" they mean not from Denny's and not frozen.

As for the egg substitute, you can use egg whites instead.

6digmans
07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
thanks so much!

now I can have them today if I feel like it today.

Last night I didnot get hungry until 8pm and even then I was not very hugry but i got all the food it. not sure I want to do things that way again! I had a hard time eatting as the evening went on