LA Weight Loss - Eye Opener - steps

View Full Version : Eye Opener - steps

Snowdogs
07-02-2007, 05:51 PM
"They" say we should shoot for 10,000 steps a day (approx. 5 miles).

Well, I'm wearing my pedometer today & tomorrow to see what my average is for a day. SAD.
It's 4:50PM and I'm only at 2,613 steps - just over 1 mile.

It's an eye opener to just how LITTLE activity I get at this job, and I actually made an attempt today to get up & walk around more than normal.

So - Here's go getting more steps in on days I work this job !!! Days I work this job and at the kennel should be easy as I'm on my feet for the entire time at the kennel. *unlike here where I'm on my BUTT the entire time.

STEP IT UP ! :^:

JLem311
07-02-2007, 08:50 PM
i should start wearing a pedometer when i'm at work...since i'm on my feet and moving from 330am-1pm. i have bought pedometers in the past and never found a nice accurate one...maybe i just don't want to spend much money on a good one? :)

videochick
07-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I find the pedometer addictive!

Snowdogs - I've experienced the same thing. today in the office doing paperwork - 2400 steps. Days I work in the field I easily hit the 9-10,000 mark.

Jillian - I have an Accusplit that cost about $12.00, the only thing is the clip isn't so great so somtimes it falls off. No other bells and whistles, just steps.

Melissa

Snowdogs
07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I bought mine at Target on sale for $5. I think the brand is Sportline, type is Walking Shop with a night light :-) I've only had the light working a few times but that's okay :-) It has a thing to change the sensitivity and you can set stride length etc on it.
Seems pretty acurate to me.

videochick
07-03-2007, 09:50 AM
That's a great price! I will have to check Target. The one I have spends more time in my bag or the desk because it keeps falling off.

Melissa