Support Groups - 70-ish to lose weekly checkin 7/2-7/8

queenjane
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
It's a week full of temptations (bbq's a-plenty!) and opportunities for sneaking in some exercise (at the lake, at the pool, a rousing round of badmitton, fly a kite)...please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

What's your goal this week:

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week:

queenjane
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 213. Up. Darnit. Must be all that muscle I'm building. Or those m&m's I ate last week. Or maybe it's the pre-bloat that happens every month.

What's your goal this week: Stay on-plan, log some minutes toward my July exercise goal.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: We only fail when we stop trying!

Ethereal
07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks queenjane!

What's your weigh-in: 210, down from 212.6 where I started! Week 1 down - rest of my life to go~

What's your goal this week: I'd like to lose another 1 - 2 pounds this week, despite temptation, to reassure myself that the last 2 pounds weren't just water. I'll also schedule an extra exercise session to make up for any extra calories on the big day.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: This is for the rest of your life, and there will always be holidays. Enjoy the family, friends, and fun, and let yourself enjoy the food as well - in moderation or with healthy alternatives!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I don't have a scale, my next weigh in at the dietitian is July 14th, I think I have lost a little bit more since last weeks weigh-in of 198, or it could just be my body toning up from exercising every day, in any case I wore a skirt today that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years. (size 16)

What's your goal this week: To only eat my own dinners and not be tempted to cheat with bites of my husband's or daughter's dinners. :o

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: Keep your eye on the long term goal, don't be swayed by the temptations to gratify yourself now. :hug:

2Bthinagain
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 223.5 last week, 221 today.

What's your goal this week: To eat healthy when I attend a Moms night out on Saturday. Also to drink lots more water.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: Food is fuel. Eat for energy and for health.

MeGaLiciouS
07-02-2007, 07:20 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):194... That has me losing 2 lbs over the weekend.

What's your goal this week: I want to make sure I stay on track even during the holiday. I hope to lose another 2-3 lbs this week so I can meet my labor day goal of weighing 174.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week:Do what you think is right for you! If you want to maintain your weight loss you have to make the right choices during the holiday. If you eat a burger, work out a little more the next day. However you have to go about taking care of you in a HEALTHY way, do it. Happy holiday!

hotmama2three
07-02-2007, 07:30 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 217

What's your goal this week: 214

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: Drink your water and if there is a certain time or an activity where you tend to overeat try to do something else. =)

2Bthinagain
07-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I woke up at 4:30 today and was in the gym by 5AM ! That is a HUGE deal for me, becauase normally the kids and I sleep until 6:30 or 7. On weekends hubby lets me sleep in as late as I like. Getting up at 4:30 was HUGE. The gym was EMPTY. Three people there! During the day when I take the kids it takes more than twice as long because of preparing them, packing things up, loading them into carseats, holding hands walking slooooow thru the parking lot, dropping them off @ child watch at the gym, ....THEN working out when it's always crowded, not getting to all the machines, then going to get the kids, stand in line to sign them out, walk slooooow back to the van, strap them in ,etc. A million times faster without the kids (3 and 5) and was able to do all the machines.
Just proud of myself that's why I posted;)
I hope next Monday I'm down MORE than just two pounds :^:

katallan
07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone! Hope your day is going great!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I don't weigh in til thurs. I am trying to break the habit of weighing everyday and getting terrified with the daily fluctuations!

What's your goal this week: My first goal is to stay on track and not over indulge with it being a holiday tomorrow! My second is to lose 2 pounds this week!

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: You are in control! Food is not!

queenjane
07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Ehereal -- you're right, this is a lifetime thing and if we aren't enjoying ourselves along the way, it'll be harder to stick to our new healthier habits!

T-Girl -- YAY! Size 16!

2BThin -- 4:30AM -- WOW! That is dedication. Great job on your loss.

Megalicious -- Also, a great loss!

Hotmama -- Awesome overall progress -- 28 down must be looking good on you!

Katallan -- Feel free to post a weigh-in later this week (or not). This is kind of a loosey-goosey thread, and you can use it however it works best with your life and plans!

Happy 4th Everyone!

Ethereal
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I woke up at 4:30 today and was in the gym by 5AM !
That's crazy! I hope you're able to hit the sack early to make up for it or grab a nap; I do so much worse keeping up with everything when I don't get enough sleep.

Way to go!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I woke up at 4:30 today and was in the gym by 5AM ! That is a HUGE deal for me,

Wow, and I thought I was being good walking my daughter to the camp bus at 7:30am :D. That is excellent, keep up the good work!

2Bthinagain
07-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I want to do it more often, but I admit I was pooped all day. When the kids got up I just laid on the sofa for about an hour and let them watch cartoons. Even without getting up at 4:30 I always need a nap, I am guessing it's the weight, and the sooner it comes off maybe I won't be so tired all the time? Since today is the 4th I didn't go, but tomorrow I am planning on getting up at 4:30 again.

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I think getting up at 4:30am everyday will wear you down, but once in a while is awesome, good luck with tomorrow morning!

heath13
07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Happy 4th everyone,
Sorry tht I have been MIA the last couple of days. I have had a lot going on around here. My hubby leaves for 10 days on Sun. to the Bahamas for training, so we have been trying to do a lot together with the boys and friends. He is starting work ups that will last through Jan., and then he will be gone in Feb. for 6 months. I have not been routine about anything like I wanted to and hve not weighed in. I will tomorrow and see where I am at-up more than likely.

You all seem to be doing great! I need to get on daily because reading all of your posts is really motivating for me. Ok gotta run. We are going to a neighbor's house for a cookout in a couple of hours. Be back later.
Heather

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Wow, I'd like to receive training in the Bahamas! I wonder what I can train for? :)

2Bthinagain
07-04-2007, 07:12 PM
OMG ! :eek:
I just pulled my shirt up and saw my stomach in the bathroom mirror. After the first wave of "gasps", I smiled, turned sideways and put my hands on my belly like I did when I was preg! Totally look BIGGER!!!! WAY BIGGER!
My stomach is gross. How could I have gained SO much weight with the 2 kids? :?: And not lost any, just gaining more and more? I asked my DH for a tape measure but we don't have the cloth kind, just the one from the toolbox. I can not believe I walk around with this gut. It's the grossest thing.
A neighbor just called and invited us over for the holiday, I thought well maybe, so I went upstairs to freshen up and was so repulsed I'm staying home.
I want to lay low the rest of the summer and MAYBE just MAYBE by the fall people will say "have you lost some weight"? Can I drop 20 pounds by Sept 1? Will I?:barf:
As for the 4:30 thing I'm going to try it again tomorrow.
Question to everyone though - I've seen commercials for that One A Day vitamin but it also helps with curbing your appetite? Has anyone seen that? I think Fiber One, or some fiber pill also has commercials for the same thing.
Okay , my pity party is over. Sorry I'm asking for a magic pill.
This gut is just repulsive.:barf:

Ethereal
07-05-2007, 03:46 AM
2B, my understanding is that fiber is pretty filling, especially since not all of it is absorbed/metabolized by the body (one type is, one type isn't, I think); it makes sense that a fiber supplement may be able to claim such a thing, though I figure it will be pretty mild.

The One A Day vitamins my BF got for me to try are One A Day Weight Smart, and they have caffeine, guarana seed, green tea, and cayenne pepper in them, on top of the normal vitamins and minerals. I think caffeine and guarana are there just to increase energy (and heart rate, supposedly raising your metabolism a tad in the process but I believe too long at that and it wears the heart out), and the tea and cayenne pepper have antioxidants as well as a little metabolism boosting power of their own.

It should be a very minimal benefit at best, and these pills kept me up at night just about every day I took one (I took them mid-morning when I had a meal - otherwise they did not stay down). So, if those are the pills you saw advertised, I don't recommend them unless you find yourself lacking a lot of energy during the day, and then be aware it's basically the same as taking some NoDoz (caffeine pills) or drinking coffee - you may get the jitters, etc.!

As for my 4th, on the 2 hour drive there and back the BF and I got fast food, but I was careful to limit my portions. At the party I just had a grilled kebob, some veggie snacks, and a tiny slice of low-fat pie, so (shockingly) I ended up short on calories for the day! Guess I'll have a cup of milk before bed. :) It feels good to eat with a purpose instead of "grazing," knowing that this isn't just some diet, but how I will be eating for the rest of my life. I can do this!

How did everyone else do?

2Bthinagain
07-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Ethereal - good for you on doing so well on the 4th.
Thanks for the tip on the One A Day. I guess I'll skip that. Although my energy every day is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I could take a nap anytime, anywhere. I am also hypo-thyroid which contributes. I am hoping as the weight creeps off the energy will return.
I'm so excited about this group.

Ethereal
07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Ethereal - good for you on doing so well on the 4th.
Thanks for the tip on the One A Day. I guess I'll skip that. Although my energy every day is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I could take a nap anytime, anywhere. I am also hypo-thyroid which contributes. I am hoping as the weight creeps off the energy will return.
I'm so excited about this group.
If caffeine doesn't make you too jittery, and you can take them EARLY in the day with a meal, you could try them. I don't have any problems staying awake during the day, and often have a hard time falling asleep at night, so it was pretty much a "Bad Idea(tm)" for me to try them haha, but we're all different and I don't think One A Day would market a bad product.

May I ask about how many calories you're consuming per day? If your energy is super low despite healthy eating and exercise, it might be as simple as not getting enough fuel from your food. All the pros on these forums always say to listen to your body, but I know it's not always that easy to hear what it's saying. ;) It could be something else entirely!

heath13
07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi all
Where is everyone today? I am feeling like complete CRAP!!!! My lovely friend decided to visit me today, and I am cramping and tired and moody! WHY OH WHY!!!!! I have not done much of anything today because I feel lousy. I did weigh in and at 201-1 pound gain. However, I think it is TOM!!!!! What do yall call the wonderful time of the month when you have every pickin symptom under the sun? Just good to be on the same page when speaking about it. Ok-gotta get ready to take my son to his first soccer practice for the fall season. He is on the TRANSFORMER team-how cool is that. Be back later.
Heather

2Bthinagain
07-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Ethereal - I am trying for 1200, sometimes 1500. I read someone else who posted they were doing that, alternating calorie intake every other day so that their body doesn't accept the 1200 and start to conserve. I know I need to increase some things...or modify. I'm horrible in the veggie dept. I am such a caraholic it's not even funny. Right now I have 3/4 cup of cereal with skim milk for breakfast and for lunch it is ham on whole wheat and 8 walnuts as my snack, for dinner it is a Lean Cuisine Hot Pocket with a small green salad,no dressing. Sometimes I sneak one bite of pineapple from my sons plate, or something like that. I have been replacing my rootbeer with sugar free koolaid. Not drinking enough water. Some place I need to add something. Just don't know what. I bought a bottle of B12 vitamins at the GNC store a few months ago but have not taken any.
Heather -- girl I wish my friend would visit!!! I hit menapause already! And I'm about to leave to take my 3yr old to T-ball. Well, okay so I don't miss cramps, but I hate saying that "I'm post menapause", I didn't think that would happen for another 20 years!!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi guys, I'm feeling a little blue. Just went through my whole closet & boxes of old clothes I haven't worn in years... I was hoping to find things that I fit (again) but I really didn't come up with anything much. I seem to be between sizes - too big for my 18/20 stuff but not quite small enough for my 15/16 stuff. I guess a few more weeks will help but I must say I was really disappointed as I tried things on and I feel like it's a million miles away for me to fit them :(

I have to go to a banquet this weekend at my hubby's golf club and I have NO IDEA what I am going to wear. I really think I will have to buy something -which I also hate doing because I won't fit it for long and it's such a waste of money.

I looked at some of my old size 7 clothes... OMG, I remember wearing these things but I can't believe I really was that trim & slim. There is a dress that I don't think my leg would fit in now LOL and I remember wearing it out for dinner and being so comfortable and feeling pretty. I want to wear that dress again so badly.

2Bthinagain
07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
ThinGirl - I hear ya!!!! I try old stuff on as well, and most of my stuff from 5 yrs ago (before kids) is probably all out of style now. I would just love love love to fit into any of them though. I'm 5'6 and around 222 I guess...wearing an 18...or 1X. I have a lot in the 16s that I hope will fit in another month, the 16s were my first official "fat pants" what I had to wear after my kids were born before that I had mostly 8s.
I have a big event to go to as well and I am going to buy some SPANX. I hear that they work great and look great under clothes. Have you tired them? Know what you mean about wasting money on something you hope you won't wear long, least there are tons of sales now after the 4th and you could always EBAY the outfit? Just a thought.
:)

queenjane
07-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm back!

I did OK over the holiday...got in some activity, but "indulged" in a few things, too. Still, better than it would've been a month ago, so I'm not complaining.

RE: Spanx...I have some...they do pull in everything and make it look a lot smoother under clothes, but I found them to be VERY uncomfortable and itchy if you sweat at all (I wore them out dancing). I didn't pay full price though (EBAY!), and I do wear them if I'm going somewhere that I know I won't be moving around too much (or when it's not too hot outside).

--K

hotmama2three
07-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi Girls! (Thanks for the encouragement Queen Jane =)

Going into the 4th I was showing a 1.5 lb loss, but was back up after and I haven't quite been back on course since. Hoping I can hit the gym tonite and do better over the weekend. This week has just flown by!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the tip on spanx (hey! that rhymed? lol)

I will have a look tomorrow when I'm out finding something to wear.

2Bthinagain
07-07-2007, 09:47 AM
thin girl - WOO HOO on the 17 pound weight loss!!!:carrot:

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
I know :carrot: thanks so much, I'm so encouraged that it's really possible to be slim again.

heath13
07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Just wanted to drop in to say that I actually felt like I had a good day. I did well on food and I exercised. I am really bummed and a bit stressed because my hubby leaves tomorrow for 10 days. It is going to be a challenge handling everything by myself with the boys. My DH is a great help. so I am going to miss him so much! Well, off to bed. I have to take him to work at 6am. Good Night.
Heather

heath13
07-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Good Afternoon all
So, where is everyone today? I am just getting moving because of my early start this morning. I got home at 7:30am and crashed! My boys were up really late as well so we snoozed quite late today. I am quite sore today from exercise yesterday. I hope to still do something though so not to lose momentum. I hope all of you are having a good day and please post!
Heather

TinaG
07-08-2007, 12:31 PM
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 321

What's your goal this week: 318

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: failure is not an option

heath13
07-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Tina
I am going to weigh in tomorrow and then will post. I like to start my week on Mondays. Also, that is when a new thread for the week will post, I think.

Also, I was wondering if we should give ourselves a name to post under-what do yall think?

Heather

Ethereal
07-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Heather, and welcome Tina. :)

What kind of name were you thinking of, Heather?

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-08-2007, 02:22 PM
That 70's Show?

ThinGirl in FatBody
07-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I bought a George Foreman Grill yesterday, and tried it today! I posted some pics here on this thread. (thought it might help people cook lower fat meals) :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1764966

Ethereal
07-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Yum! You've a fine-lookin' grill there! I also bought one recently, but I got the little "Champ" version. Works great, but definitely a challenge to cook for two with it, haha.

I agree, it's a great tool for healthy and convenient cooking.

queenjane
07-09-2007, 10:56 AM
follow us to the new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117316