Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Diet To Go Buddies

View Full Version : Diet To Go Buddies

workit120
07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi! Are there any DTG people out there? I am feeling much better and slowly making progress. I guess we all have our bad days. I weighed in for my second week on DTG and I"ve lost a total of 6 lbs :carrot:.

I am pretty excited!

How is everyone else doing? :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/slider-scaleblue/lb/200/135/194/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

StillTryin
07-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey that is super!!!! I am not using DTG, but have been considering giving it a try. I wish they had just a breakfast/lunch option, as I have to eat dinner with my family. It is to hard to not be eating with them, although I have been able to not always eat the same food as them, and even then it is hard. I just watch what and how much I put on my plate.
Is the DTG food really good?

houseelf
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Way to go workit120! I have been doing JC, but felt like I needed break from that food. I am expecting my first shipment of DTG Wednesday. Can't wait to try it! If it tastes half as good as they decribe it, it should be wonderful!

workit120
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Houseelf,

Welcome to the club! :welcome2:

I hope you like it. Hopefully we can suport each other. This journey is a hard one! There doesn't seem to be alot of DTG people on here.

I went off of it for the first time yesterday. I have to switch to the lunch and dinner portions because my Cortisol is too high so my doctor put me on a special shake twice a day. I would take in too many calories to lose weight if ate the DTG three meals a day and the two shakes. Not to mention how full I would be all day!

houseelf
07-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Just wanted to say I am really enjoying my DTG! Almost finished with one week and I can feel changes!

sweatpea
07-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I just placed my first order and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Wish me luck!

workit120
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Good Luck, Sweatpea!!!!!:goodluck:

sweatpea
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi ladies,

Yesterday was my first day on diet-to-go and I have to say that I am quite impressed. The grilled cheese and brownie was great. The spaghetti pie and cauliflower was pretty good. (I added some salt and grated parmesan) The mountain berry muffin and strawberry cream cheese was pretty good as well...... I just have to remember to turn the oven off after heating this stuff up. LOL!

I am very glad that they got my order right. I must have had about 12 substitutions per week. (I hate seafood and red meat.....)

I think this could work...:^:

akcher
07-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all, I placed my order with DTG and it will be here next week. I was on the Deliciously Yours program this week but they changed the breakfast so I am giving this a try.

workit120
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
akcher,

:welcome3:

Hope you like it. Let us know what you think.

akcher
08-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I am on my first day of DTG and boy am I impressed with the portions and the food. I'm on the 1200 low fat plan and the meals are sooooo much better tasting and bigger portions than Delicously Yours. I am so glad I switched :D

akcher
08-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I hope everyone is doing great. I am down 2 lbs and my husband is down 3 lbs. Woot! Hope everyone is doing well.

workit120
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
akcher,

Congratulations to you and your husband!!! :carrot:

Keep up the good work!

akcher
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
My husband and I are down 3.5 lbs :carrot:. I love this plan. We're getting less hungry each day. I love 90% of the food. They didn't ship a week's worth of breakfast so we have to improvise. Hope next week will be the same. We will be going out for my husband's birthday. Can't wait!

vpreciado
08-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I heard Diet to Go also has local pick up if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area.. is this true? Anyone do the local pick up option? I'm shopping around for a new plan, and this might be!

Thanks everyone and good luck with your new eating plan...

shelby2000
09-10-2007, 01:00 AM
I placed my first DTG order on Friday, and it will arrive on Wednesday. I am really excited and can't wait to get started. I hope to do well on this plan. It sounds like the food is great. I would love to hear more of your experiences.

leeannchic
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I think I'm gonna try DTG next week. Is it really as great and effective as it sounds? :D

akcher
09-19-2007, 11:42 AM
My husband and I have been on DTG for the last 6 weeks and have both lost 18 lbs each. We started on the Low Fat plan (he was 1600 Cal and I was 1200 Cal) and last week we switched to low carb plan. Usually we would be more hungry at night so we would have some fruit (on Low Fat) or salad (on low carb) to split. Still with a total of 3 cheat meals since we started, we are still steadily loosing. I am very happy with this diet and I'm sure to hit my short term goal well before Christmas! Let me know how you are doing :)

charlita
09-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I have also been on DTG (lunch & dinner only) for about 4 weeks now. I think the food is really good, but gosh am I ever having trouble with them getting my order right! I just got my fifth shipment today and not a single one of my orders has been 100% correct. The substitutions are missing side items, or in this most recent case, none of my substitutions were included at all even though I had verified that they had received them. Customer service doesn't seem too concerned about this. They just say they'll credit my account, but now I'm stuck with meals I don't want and will have to do something to replace them. The whole reason I went with a delivery service is to avoid the shopping and mostly the thinking about what I should be eating and when.

Other than that, though, I do give the program the thumbs up. I did deliciously yours for a few weeks, but the meals were puny and all of the vegetables had a really funky taste and I got minimal results. I am seeing results on this program, though (about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week), so I'll stick with it even though it is exasperating that they can't get the orders right!

akcher
09-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I know what you mean about the customer service. One week they didn't pack a whole weeks worth of breakfast items. I also tried Deliciously Yours for 1 week. 90% of the food was horrible. Service size was rediculous. Lasagna was 2x2 inches and the veggies was pickled. YUCK!

charlita
09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, the deliciously yours food was not very good or substantial. They had the weirdest corn I've ever tasted! I will give them good marks for a very user-friendly website, though. It was so easy to substitute meals and keep track of what you had coming. I don't think DTG makes the substition process very easy and even if you get confirmation, there's no guarantee you're going to get what you are expecting. But I've had so many meals that don't scream "diet food" to me that I guess I'll continue to put up with the frustrations.

Grasshoppa
10-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I just started DTG but haven't gotten the delivery yet. Did anyone have any trouble with a confirmation of their order from the company?

Xan
10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I started DTG, local pickup, last week and love the meals. I'm doing low carb, and I could eat their salmon and/or pot roast every night.

I haven't had any problems yet.

This Time For Sure
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi all!

I am also on the DTG plan (just about done with my first week) and am really enjoying it! The food is good (I am on the 1600 calorie/ Low Fat) but I will admit that sometimes I get hungry at night and want a snack! Anyone else having that problem, and if so, what do you have?

Also, I saw a couple of comments about customer service calls. Are they responsive? I didn't get one of my breakfasts and I didn't get credit for the first day of meals ($18) like I was supposed to.

Thanks!

Grasshoppa
10-19-2007, 12:51 PM
On the flyer I got it says 'you may have 2 glasses of skim milk with your meals each day'...is that included in the calorie count? I'm on the vegetarian plan...but everyone is raving so much about low carb, I'm tempted to switch! Also can you switch the meals around, say, Monday's breakfast with Thursday's lunch, etc?

bargoo
10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I heard Diet to Go also has local pick up if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area.. is this true? Anyone do the local pick up option? I'm shopping around for a new plan, and this might be!

Thanks everyone and good luck with your new eating plan...

There several pick up locations in Bay Area, Go to www.diettogo.com (http://www.diettogo.com) click on locations , scroll down to San Francisco.

Grasshoppa
10-21-2007, 12:06 AM
I like the DTG, but Week 3 has entirely too much beans, and the bean salad and lentil thingy are both waaaay vinegary. I'm gonna see if they'll let me try a week of the low fat diet in place of the veg diet. Today I figured out that since I go to work early, it's better for me to skip breakfast at home and eat it at mid-morning once I've gotten into the work groove.

jazzmegirl
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi. I ordered ediets deliciously yours, but am switching to the 1600 calorie vegetarian verssion of DTG. I tried it before, and liked it, but was hungry on 1200. The food was great, and it's cheaper than ediets. Will be looking forward to it.
Amie

InfertileMyrtle
11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I just placed my order this morning!! My husband is on 1600/Day BLD Low Fat, I am on 1200/Day BLD Vegetarian.

All of these customer service complaints make me a bit nervous, but at least you only order one week at a time - so if it doesn't work for us we can try another company.

InfertileMyrtle
11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I was just reading on 3FCs a debate as to whether or not you need to call in with changes or if you can make changes online. After I placed my order, I had an e-mail from someone clarifying that the two meal plans I had were for two different people.

I called back and left a voicemail and also e-mail the person back. She e-mail me back and said they would ship out today and that if I have any future changes or stops/restarts that I should call. So she didn't say anything about making changes online.

I am hoping we like the menus and don't want to make changes. DH and I both like variety, but there may be some meals that we just can't swallow...

babyyuj112
11-30-2007, 03:57 AM
I am thinking about DTG low carb because PurFoods is just so expensive. Is DTG shipped as frozen meals? How are you guys doing on the lowcarb plan with them?

oseybaby
01-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I am thinking about DTG low carb because PurFoods is just so expensive. Is DTG shipped as frozen meals? How are you guys doing on the lowcarb plan with them?
yes, anyone tried the low carb, how would you reccommend taste, variety and weight loss, especially since it is 30 grams of carbs.

JennyJenny
01-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi All -
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I've found these forums, especially the meal-delivery discussion to be incredibly helpful. Meal Delivery really helped me discover what portions are and to stop thinking about food all day long. I love the convenience.

I wanted to share my experience with the meal plans I've tried.

eDiets -
I started with eDiets on a whim. I had never even heard of meal delivery before and wasn't sure what to expect. The website was very user-friendly and it was easy to see what you are getting and make substitutions. It was great in the beginning, although the portions were very small. The food was generally good, but after the first two weeks I grew tired of the food. I liked the lunches, I chose mostly soups, but didn't really enjoy a lot of the dinners. The vegetables were strange. Good Meals: Muffins, soups, burrito, chicken potato casserole, california breakfast, granola. Bad Meals: Meatloaf, vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, most of the "snacks" (birdseed, nuts, granola, etc).

I learned that I really liked kozy-shack pudding. I found them in the grocery store and made their fat-free tapioca pudding a staple in my diet. This helped a lot in the beginning as I l would just have a pudding (sometimes 2) at the time I would have normally have had a big fattening dessert.

I stayed on eDiets for the contractual 4 weeks. I would consider going back, but I think if I did, I'd do the signature plan. This plan is more expensive, but I've heard it has nicer meal choices. Overall, I was very happy with the eDiets plan. It was also nice to have free access to their website and discussion forums. I still have access through this year even though I'm not on the plan anymore.

Healthy Chef Creations
I moved on to Healthy Chef Creations for 2 weeks after learning about it from a poster on this website. They are an all-organic, healthy, higher-end meal delivery company out of Florida. They are on the expensive side, so I followed the recommendation of the poster and ordered just 3 combo meals a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack) and split that out throughout the week. Their meals are much larger and come with 2 sides (even breakfast). Dinners also come with soup or salad. I would use the soup/salad and maybe a side for a my lunches or split a meal into two. I'm not a big morning eater, so I'd make my own breakfast and ate their breakfast for dinner. They had things like pancakes with turkey bacon and fruit, whole-wheat french toast, omelettes, steak, crabcakes, fish, etc. I loved their hummus with pita chips and veggies. Overall, excellent food, but as I anticipated, I grew tired of it as well. Also, "organic" isn't really my thing. Great company and product!

Diet To Go
Next, I moved on to Diet To Go. Many say it is better than eDiets. All I can say is Yuck! The food arrives mostly frozen and you are told to freeze half and leave the rest in the fridge to thaw. Well, maybe my defrost skills are off, but it seemed like I was always pulling out semi-frozen meals to eat. I definitely agree that the food would be better cooked in the oven. I used the microwave mostly though and usually got watery mushy food. I remember a particularly bad turkey meatloaf that was not edible. Some of the sandwhiches were nice if you spent the time to grill them right (turkey reuban, wahoo burger). They provide a few fruits and fruit juices with their meals.

The worst part about Diet to Go is their customer service. I wanted to try them for one week, so I placed my order on their site. I wasn't sure whether I had purchased one week only or if it was a recurring order where you have to call to cancel. I also wasn't even sure when the food would arrive. I called a few days later to find out and cancel any future orders since we were going on vacation and would not be around. They said ok. We got our first shipment and went on vacation. We came back 10 days later to find a box of DTG food on our doorstep; it had been outside for many days. We called to complain and get a refund, they said they had no record of our call to cancel. We ended up paying for that week. So now we had to again cancel or we'd get another package. They'd said they'd have to check on it and see if they could cancel. Well they apparently were able to cancel the shipment, BUT decided to charge us anyway. We paid for nothing!!! Again, we call back and they said they have no record of our calls. My boyfriend offers to give them our cell-phone call history to prove we called. They say they will look into it and call us back. The next week, we get ANOTHER package. What does it take to stop these shipments??? I had plenty of groceries, we weren't expecting a food shipment. We are irate now and call. My boyfriend tries to get the name of the people we are talking to (so we have future proof), but they refuse to tell us their name. In the end we received 3 shipments, one we asked for, one that was rotten, and one that was completely unexpected. We ended up paying for two. Be warned, if you deal with this company, make sure you get email confirmations, and the names of the people you talk to. :mad:

I might try Fresh Diet out of Florida in the future. They look fantastic and seem to be delivering to more of Florida.

Right now, I think I've graduated from meal-delivery. I've learned what real portions are and I've found I can make a lot of the same things these companies provide (only so I like them). It's all about planning the week, making healthier choices, stocking your fridge full of yummy options, and portions. Sometimes I'll pre-portion the meals into very small containers to avoid the tempatation of eating too much.

I hope this has helped someone, best of luck and thx for all of the info over the last few months!!! :)

harrypotterybarn
01-30-2008, 01:18 AM
It's weird that so many people are reporting bad customer service with Diet to Go. I've had nothing but good experiences with them so far (in week 3). So far all my questions have been answered and all my substitutions have been honored. Odd.

Sunrose
04-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Margaret, I totally agree with you!

I must say that their customer service has been wonderful for me as well, and everything has arrived correctly and on time. The people on the phone were so helpful and friendly, and they answered all my questions accurately! I am on the 1200 Vegetarian plan and I LOVE the food! So far there are only a few meals I didn't love, but they were still okay.

crenita
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Not new to food delivery service but new to DTG.. Got my first shipment this week. The food all looks good and it was frozen solid on arrival in Florida in 85+ degree temps.:flow1:
My first impression is WOW there is a lot of food.. More than I have ever received from another meal delv. company.
I agree the food is best prepared in a conventional oven or if you have a combo - microwave/ convection oven.
What they do is prepare the food fresh and then flash freeze it. It retains a lot of the original moisture and needs to have some of the evaporate during heat up.
I originally ordered the 1600 Cal Low Fat but that is way too much food for me now. It would not have been had I just been starting out on this weight loss plan. I changed it to 1200 cal for the coming week

I have been on 3 different plans. the most recent Pure Foods Fresh Start. The only reason I switched was I was getting tired of the same meals as they don't have a rotating menu and therefore I got quickly tired of the same choices.
So I am trying DTG for now.. will assess further as I get down the road with more meals. but at this point I am Stuffed Liked a Turkey !:turkey:

Good feeling for a change but boy I couldn't even finish my breakfast meal so I do need much less food. Hope I like this it seems like a nice plan:smug:

crenita
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Well the verdict is in for me.. I do not like the DTG food. It just may be a person preference but for me the food is way over processed and even though the calories are higher than what I have been eating. .. I am getting really hungry following completion of their meals.

some items have been, in my opinion, just not good tasting. Way too many simple sugared items and carbs.. I am returning to my old food plan.. boring and all. At least it has healthy grains, low fat and sodium and I am usually pretty satisfied for a while after meal completion
Good to have tried another plan, now I am aware of what works better for me ....This whole things gets crazy sometimes.:dizzy:

chinchillables
06-12-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.top5choices.com/-pics-/wl_diet2go.jpgHi! Are there any DTG people out there? I am feeling much better and slowly making progress. I guess we all have our bad days. I weighed in for my second week on DTG and I"ve lost a total of 6 lbs :carrot:.

I am pretty excited!

How is everyone else doing? :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/slider-scaleblue/lb/200/135/194/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

One of my sisters is on it and LOVES it...