Old 07-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thumbs up Core Weekly Chat for July 2 through July 8, 2007

Good Morning Chicks! Monday again. I had a really tough TOM this past week. It's still not over but at least today I feel like exercising. I know they say it makes the cramps feel better but anyone who would have suggested it to me this week probably would have gotten their head bitten off! They say when you become an old girlie the TOM's can be bad. Harumpf!

I ate pretty darned good except for the meltdown I had on Friday night when I dragged Jim and me to Culver's for burgers, fries, and a custard. I'm sure I'll pay for that indiscretion in spades today on the scale. Well, today begins another week and I will continue on with my golden intentions to eat properly every day and exercise.

Now how have all of you been?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow.....that was maybe the quietest week we've had in a LONG long time!

Happy Belated Canada Day to all my Canadian Chickie Friends!

Ok Rhonda, so you and I start exercising again together tomorrow, right?! Congratulations on avoiding all those sweets. I certainly am glad that I don't have those work issues anymore. I'd be stressed about my job and just indulge. Congratulations and happy start to your new job today!

Patti, how are you doing on program? Your menus look spectacular. I can't wait to hear how you like aquabics on Wednesday. How's your leg? Don't be disappointed if you didn't get under 280. I know exercise is essential for me to lose.

Coco, Welcome Home! How are you doing on program this week? How's your DH?

Paula, how was your weigh in? Ok my friend...you are so going to be in trouble when Sarah gets in her teens if the boys are already flocking around her!

Tiki, how did the job hunt going? I know you had a second interview but did they offer the job? I have a friend who's looking for a job because he wants to buy a condo; his first home at 59! He decided he really needs a job to afford it comforably and he's afraid no one will hire him at his age. He's overqualified for everything too since he already worked 30 years in the banking field. He's now willing to be just a Teller or Personal Banker. I was in HR for 30 years myself. I've had enough! Good Luck to you. I hope you are fully recovered from your wisdom tooth ordeal. It sounded awful. My Jim had all 4 removed at once and he said it was the most stupid thing he has ever done in his life.

Oh Angela! Bummer that I didn't see your post about your musician. I would have loved to have seen you for two minutes on your way to the concert. Where was the concert? I'm sorry DH didn't get the permanent job but maybe the contract will be better. Then both sides can have more time to get a better look at each other! I really wish I could have a beautiful salad out of your garden. Gardens always make me think of my friend, Cindy. I've been missing her SO much this week. I think that's why my eating was a bit off. I can't let that continue.

Frouf, OMG, how fantastic that would be if DH's behavior would continue forever! Nothing would make me happier for you. My fingers are crossed for you guys. Now you really must check in because it's been many days since we heard how you are doing.

Sandra, WOW! I could tell that you were in scarey places. It's pretty cool that those guys would help you out. I'm not surpised that you are coaching that young woman. I'm thinking you are one cool Chick to know and be around. I'm SO glad that Curtis encouraged you to go to WW. How did you do?

Kathy, have the rains stopped?

Hey Melissa.....how are you and the baby doing?

Ok Chickies....I'm officially caught up with all of you. It's a new week, new start for me and for all of us. Drink your water....seriously, it's really essential to flush all of those whole grains and fiber through.

I'm off to weigh in.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-02-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

OK, Chickies, let's go! A new week and new pages.

You're on, Vickie. In fact, I'll even drag out one of my rusty DVDs today.

The new responsibilities start tomorrow since today is a holiday (Canada Day was yesterday so Monday is a holiday). BUT, being the keener that I am, yesterdayI sent my "boss" a report of my activities to date. Iexpect that will give him a laugh. I've been to over 20 meetings since early March just about the new position I'm taking up. No wonder I've been tired!!!!

It was easy to avoid the food yesterday. The party didn't materialize! It was to be held by my friend was having to euthanize her dog. Well, the dog took a big turn for the worse and she had to take her in early. She didn't feel like a party of course.

Have a great day everyone. I'm off to do the hospital run...to see my friend in the hospice and former MIL in the chronic care facility. Make sure that you enjoy today!!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  

Im here Vickie , the plan is going well. I sure hope it starts to warm up by wednesday aquabics though, this morning we were in the single digits brrrrrrr dh and I are absolutly freezing here. Not a great way to start July. Im so fed up with the weather. Its disgusting.
I cant wait for the next three weeks to go by then my dds will be home. Were going to have a shower for my oldest while she is here..then we take them back to thier houses and we are on holidays for a bit.
Dh is off so Im going to spend some time with him ...ttyl
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh poop, Patti. I meant to ask you how you leg is.

Rhonda, sorry about your friend's pup. Give her my sympathy. My furkids are my only kids.

I'm off to watch TV with Honey Lamb. I lost .8 today. Imagine what it would have been without my bad meltdown meal!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone
Well tonight I went to weigh in. And I dont know how I did it. But after our trip. And the way we ate. I managed to lose 2 lbs.
So now I know I will have to be really good this week. So I wont have a gain next week.
TEJAS I know how your friend feels. That is one of the hardest things to do. To have to put your pet to sleep. We had to do that a few years ago. And it still hurts. We have another dog now. Actually two. The one is our son's. But we take care of it.
FROUFY How are you doing. Thinking of you.
ONTARGET Loved the pictures.
VICKIE I know what you mean about the TOM of stuff. I still think I am starting through the change myself. But the DR says NO. But I figure. She dont know my body. But I know what you mean about the cramps. When I was younger. I use to have them really bad. But then after I had my son. I didnt hardly ever have them. But now am starting with them again. So I just take the motrin and curl up with the heating pad.
TO EVERYONE ELSE. I am thinking of you. Hope you all have a good week.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Have a great evening everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #7  

the leg is fine Vickie,,,,,,,,Im back walking again..thanks for asking!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #8  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

hi everyone!
I'm new to the core plan, so thought I'd pop on over to this board. My name is Emma, i'm 23 & am from New Zealand. I've been doing WW since February, and have lost about 28lb (13kg), but have had a bit of a slow last month, so decided to try the core plan for a week to see if it makes any difference
EmmaGabysMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #9  

Welcome Emma! Congrats on your weight lost so far. Awesome job, especially with a little one.

You'll find a great group of ladies here, with amazing wisdom and knowledge of the Core plan. I know they've dragged me back on the wagon a few times.

Hope to hear more from you.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #10  
focused and aiming

hi there. i'm at the motel readying to fly home this afternoon. we've had a grand time and eaten lots of fabulous southern cooking. curtis and i have a lot of "damage control" to do.

i have missed you all. now i need to go do some reading and catch up.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

and a belated happy canada day to our canadian chickies. 60* sounds like good weather to me. it's been hot and steamy in texas. now i see it's going to be hot and dry in montana. i hope my flowers are all right. i'll be watering heavily as soon as we get home.

the board was quiet last week. does that mean i'm a big talker? where's frouf? i didn't see her around here much.

kathy, we were in san saba sat night. lots of flooding. i know you're tired of this rain. our grands are wanting to move. they asked us if we had hurricanes in montana.

it's looking like we'll be going to colorado springs in august for the 3rd national championship event of 07 for the national archery association. from what i've found, i think i will be the first 60+ female compound shooter to compete in all 3 in the same year. (we HAVE to go.)

vickie, i gained 4. something last week. the sad part is i'll have another gain this week. curtis and i are talking about doing "damage control" when we get home. i confess i purposely made choices that took me away from losing. so did he. oh, well, life goes on. i'm glad you're over your cramps. i am jealous you just gained .4 last week. i'd take that in a second. i'm just hoping i don't have another 4+ this week.

rhonda, i'm sorry you're having so much sadness around you. i applaud you for staying on program. that's impressive. saw my bro and his family last night along with my son, dil and the grands. i had my "good-bye cry" when we left. i always get so sad when we have to leave them. i think we need to think of moving to texas. but we also have grands in montana. we're pulled in both directions. karla and i got plants and set up their waterfall (identical to ours) that we gave them christmas. 8 yr old kennedy took her snacks out back to "destress" in front of it yesterday. makes me smile.

patti, how's your leg? i'm glad your dd's are coming home. i feel your excitement.

coco, congratulations. i applaud you. i hope i've just gained 2 lbs.

emma. ditto to what angela said.

angela, will you give me a boost back onto the wagon?

got to go. we're heading to the airport. see ya soon!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello Chicks! No time for me to stay now and catch up. I've been busy all day. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then got 45 more minutes of exercise in the pool. I've had 7 glasses of water and I'm about to have some more while I cook a nice Core dinner. I'm having Core Chicken Fried Rice. I'll try to be back later to catch up with you all.

I hope you're having a great Core day.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #13  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Hey girls!
thought I'd update quickly. I have been MIA due to this surgery..ugh what a whirlwind its been.It seemed everyday I was getting worse instead of better.Went back to the surgeon and turns out I had two dry sockets.He was not surprised since the surgery was very difficult. Im still partially numb due to one of the teeth being next to a nerve.Its getting annoying now <sigh> but ive had two dry socket treatments and feel so much better I got back Thursday for a followup.
Good news is I'm down 3lbs! lol For all I've been thru 3 lbs is nice
I had my second interview yesterday with a different person in HR.I think it went awful.She was very tough..I felt like telling her "I'm not applying for the VP of HR Position" She seemed very bored with everything I had to say,didnt listen to me half the time,looked out the window,stared at my necklace,clothes etc.She was very rude and it made me so nervous! Then she asked if I had any questions and when I did she said "Why didnt Jean answer this?" If she didnt want to answer my questions she shouldnt have offered! So my first interview was with the director who makes the descion,which it went awesome.If im offered the job it will be a miracle,besides if I had to work with that manager I'm not sure I'd be too giddy.
I have another interview with a company in Boston on Thursday and sent out too more resumes. So we'll see.
Vickie I am in HR too, what department did you work in? I'm in Comp and Benefits
Will read later! Hope everyone has a great 4th!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #14  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Emma Welcome!!! I would love to go to New Zealand.I've been to Australia
and fell in love,next trip is def to NZ!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Emma, and congratulations on the loss!

Well, Tiki, what a disappointment to run into a grump who didn't want to be professional! They're everywhere!

Coco...congrats on the weight loss.

OK, Sandra, back on the wagon. I can't say that I am really staying completelyOP..but, it will be nice to get away from the temptations at the other office.

And, today, I walked over 8 miles running various errands at the University. Feet hurt!!!

Night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote