Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:17 AM   #1  
I'll think of something

Height: 5'1"

Default A Revelation:The Problem Is Supper

I've been looking back over my food journals and have come to a discovery. My problem isn't the food I eat on the job, it's what I eat after I get home, namely supper. During the day I manage to keep the total calorie count (breakfast, lunch, two snacks) to around 1100.

But I eat supper with my husband and we eat very late ( we always have) around 8 or 9. My husband doesn't eat much during the day ( a holdover from years of working nights--he's retired on disability now) so come supper time he's hungry!

And, even though I'm not as hungry as he is I will serve myself nearly as much so as to avoid any controversy ( he doesn't think I need to lose any weight). I always intend to leave some food on the plate, but half the time I don't.

DH worries when I eat less at supper because he thinks that I don't eat much during the day either.
He knows (because I told him early on) that I used to have really wacked out eating habits,

Guess it's time for a little talk.
marlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Can I hear an amen for journalling!

Good work on finding your challenge! Now you have something to work with.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Keeping a food journal is a great idea. It's a great way to identify and point out trouble spots. Not to mention keep ourselves totally and completely accountable.

Yes, a talk sounds like it is in order. You can assure him that you most certainly are eating enough throughout the day and would just like to eat a nice, healthy amount of food come supper time, especially given the time that you are eating.

As far as overeating at supper, perhaps try using a smaller plate, this way you don't have to worry about eating too much and emptying your much larger plate. It's a great "trick" that really works and keeps those portions down.

Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Great job on identifying where you are falling down at. I definatley agree with the smaller plate thing. That would definately help you NOT be able to put as much on your plate. Then you can always do the "oh my gosh...i am so full!!!" routine....good luck!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote