Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #1  

Default I need advice. . .

Hey all, I haven't posted in here in a while because life has been quite busy and crazy.... *sigh*... I'm very dissapointed in myself... I was doing so good for the last couple of months, then the last 2 or 3 weeks I've been binge eating because of all the stress and I put back on a bunch of weight... any advice for how I can deal with my binge moments? Also, how do you stay motivated and try to be good instead of binge eating and eating when you are extrememly stressed out/upset? Please help...
ImNotGivingUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I've had the same situation recently. For me, what works best, is seeing my results in numbers on a chart. I printed out a weekly chart that has targets for me to work to (or stay below!) and when I see the results at the end of every week, I get a great buzz out of it!

I also offer myself little treats. Not food stuffs, but like a new pair of shoes or a new top if I've lost say 10lbs or met one of my various targets.

I also really really try to keep away from depressing or sad people, because I find that I take on the mood of the people I'm with. Empathy, I guess is the word. I try and lighten up the mood, keep things fun and keep my head above water. Its tough when you get small bouts of depression every now and again, but you just have to push forward and maintain the will power you need to succeed!

I know the packet of crisps looks nice, and is a comfort food for me, but when I'm feeling a bit low, I'll grab a yogurt or carrot sticks instead. I would much rather munch healthy food than junk. I also tend to keep the junk out of the house so I'm not tempted anyways.

Find something that works for you and really gets you going!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #3  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I eat when streesed or bored too.
I broke the habbit with little tricks over the past two years. Sometimes I slip and eat something just for the sake of eating, but I've started catching myself halfway into the snack. "hey, I'm not even hungry!"

Mostly If I'm stressed and want to eat, I eat something healthy and crunchy, like apple slices or a carrot... or my favorite.. a pickle...most pickles have only 5 calories.
I've also found other way to de-stress that has nothing to do with food. like reading, or writing, or some painting. Nothing cures stress for me better than a funny book.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #4  

Gum chewing helps me. I am a nanny, so of course I deal with food every day. And let's face it, kid snacks are always tasty! So when it is snack time, or lunch time, I pop a stick of gum in my mouth. The idea of mushy goldfish getting into my minty gum isn't appealing, and therefore I don't grab a handful. Also, when I am at home and bored and feel compelled to snack, I try to keep my hands busy. Shuffling cards helps me, for whatever weird reason.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote