Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! July 2007!!!

Jasmine31
07-01-2007, 12:48 PM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! Everyone is welcome to join! :hug:

Jasmine31
07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi Jasonslea!!! So glad to see ya! I missed ya too! Glad you are on track! I am working toward losing again but had gotten off the exercise wagon for a while so had to build muscle back. Today I showed a 1 pound increase, BUT I lost 6 pounds 1 week due to stress, not eating enough cals etc. So if 1 pound is all I gain back after these days of getting back to more normal eating plus one really bad day, then fine.

No walk yesterday but cals were really good. 1700. I am running out the door for a walk now. It is already 85 degrees!

Minimum Weight: 214 lb Maximum Weight: 221 lb
Beginning Weight: 216 lb Ending Weight: 215 lb
Average Weight: 216.25 lb Average Weekly Change: -0.25 lb

According to fitday I started at 216 at the beg. of month, at 6-17 I actually capped out at 221!!! I was getting my walking back up this month and last, with this month me actually doing 90 minutes at times. So I have actually lost 6 pounds since the 17th. yeah!!

Jasmine31
07-01-2007, 12:58 PM
June 2007
1 30
2 0
3 0
4 60
5 0
6 30
7 0
8 0
9 60
10 0
11 0
12 60
13 90
14 100
15 15
16 70
17 0
18 82
19 82
20 0
21 0
22 80
23 50
24 70
25 40
26 90
27 60
28 0
29 60
30 0

= 1128 minutes

My walking for the month!

Jan was 865 minutes
Feb was 285 minutes
March was 430 minutes
April was 300 minutes
May was 920 minutes
June was 1128 minutes

So it has been steadily increasing. I think I want to aim for 1500 minutes for July.

JasonsLea
07-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Jasmine! Glad to see you doin so good!

Jasmine31
07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey hun! Well I have kept the cals within reason the past few days and I have been walking. The scale was down a pound this a.m. so yippeeee!!!

How are you doing?

JasonsLea
07-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Down 2.6 this week (with TOM)! Happy 4th everyone!

Canuk4
07-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi Jasmine and JasonsLea just home again for another doc's appt. tomorrow morning. All they seem to do is access me, this is the fourth appointment for this, think I will call a halt to it for the summer, I have had it, running in every week for an appt. with one doc or another. You better find the fountain of youth ladies and not end up like me, even though I don't feel that old.

Well nothing was really discussed and hashed out with my son, he came to the cottage with two friends Friday night and the girlfriend (I hope not for long) came up Sat. night and brought my Dad, he had a good time, an old friend dropped by Sun. aft. and she used to work at the same store as my mom, my dad new her as well, he was glad to see her and to meet her husband, they had a nice chat about the old days. So my son said tonight, we were both mad so nothing got settled and he did not realize we paid the taxes for the first year and how much they were, I told him he made them sound trivual, anyhow I guess he is still in as he paid me the money he owed. I hate fighting with my kids.

I am so sorry Jasmine you are having such a rough time with your daughter, I went through some pretty rough stuff with mine, but different. It is so stressful. You seem to be getting on track with your eating and walking WOW, your doing great. Keep up the good work.

JasonsLea, you seem to be doing good as well, from what I can tell, good going. Your in school now as well as working right? Keep it up girl.

Well I am eating pretty healthy, was eating white bread for about a day and a half, before I realized, I don't eat this stuff, so quickly defrosted a loaf of my multi grained bread and started back on that today. Eating sensibly, seem to be getting alot of exercise just doing stuff in the cottage, cleaning, vac'n the floors at least twice a day, if not more. Seemed really busy with my Dad up and he is up early, so no sleep in's which I need. Hope to get out on my bike this week, only might have to do it between showers. Water has been up and down. I weighed myself last week and was up two pounds, not bad considering it is almost a different life style up there. Will definately try and lose them, like yesterday.

My son told me my daughter has decided to get married in Mexico, my husband and my last choice. I talked to her today and she said nothing, though we were not on long as she was at work. Well it has been confirmed I just talked with her and yup, its Mexico, unless we win the lottery, then Dad and I get to pick the place. YUM!!!! They have warned us not to go there, too many unexplained accidents to Canadian's are happening. Maybe know one heard about the couple who got killed, while down there for there daughter's wedding, my cousin was also killed down in Mexico, in both cases the killer's were never found, makes me very nervous.
I REALLY REALLY HOPE we WIN A LOTTERY!

Well folks I will be signing off for now, laundry is calling my name.
Have a good one, till next time ladies. May we all succeed.
Sharon S.

VeggieGal where are you? Miss you, SDGal as well.

JasonsLea
07-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Sharon, sorry you're having problems with the kids. :(

Yes I am in school and working. Got a interview tomorrow for a second job that is desperately needed. Tried a new dance aerobics class at the gym last night, nearly died from humiliation but will go back.

Canuk4
07-04-2007, 06:51 PM
JasonsLea, I am so proud of you, you have alot on your plate and still seem upbeat, even with the dance class, going back, that is the way to go. Just do what you can, I am sure lots of others are struggling with the steps too.
You go girl.

Gotta run, wiped out, did a zillion things today and am just packing the car to go back to the cottage. Take care all, talk to you when I can.
Sharon S.

JasonsLea
07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, had the interview today and I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Off to dance class. :)

Jasmine31
07-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Canuk! I am sorry you have so many doc apts. :( I read a great book 2 years ago that really helped me kick off this healthier eating/fruit smoothie thing. It is called Fit for life/not fat for life and is by I think Harvey Diamond. I won't say I agree with every single thing in there but I do agree with fruit only til noon, cause our bodys are supposed to be dumping stuff from the day before and fruit easily goes thru the system. We humans need to be eating a LOT more fruits and veggies than the "normal way american's" live

I mean really. Most of america lives out of the fast food bin and all the processed foods. Most americans are fat. I know you know about whole foods but I just really want to encourage you to step it up. I heard recently that most women do not get their daily potassium recommended amount(and no supplements are not enough) They say we women need 470-0 mg a day. I thought I had a pretty good food day, some fruits, veggies, beans, chicken, etc. You know what? I checked my fitday and was only at 2400 for the whole day!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/29/AR2005102900155.html?referrer=email

I was reading in other spots about the potassium and it seems it has been linked to everything from high blood pressure, to diabetes, hepatitis, osteoporosis, heart disease, high cholesterol and on and on! So A few weeks ago I decided to change my focus not really to cals, but to mainly getting my potassium in. Some days are better than others and some days are really bad when I wound up having junk food and said, to heck with this. But most days my goal is to get my potassium in, as I am doing that, all my other nutrients seem to be getting taken care of as well.

His other premise besides fruit til noon is eat half as much living food as dead food. Or more living food. And no gals he is NOT talking whole foods. He considers anything cooked, to be dead!

So a whole bunch of fruits and veggies!! If my breakfast consits of just fruit, then I am already at 33% right there. Add in a salad, some veggies, some walnuts, some avacado, tomato, onion, garlic etc , it won't be hard to get to 50% living food a day.

Bottom line canuk, is eat as many fruits and veggies as you can(I obviously rec. whole cooked foods as well) The fruits and veggies are what helps to clean our lymph system out and flush the toxins out. as your body starts getting more nutritious foods in, it will want to help repair itself. I strongly believe this.

*BIG HUGZ*

Well I hope things get better with your son. Do you have any cottage pics to share with us? That sounds like so much fun!!

I am so sorry Jasmine you are having such a rough time with your daughter, I went through some pretty rough stuff with mine, but different. It is so stressful. You seem to be getting on track with your eating and walking WOW, your doing great. Keep up the good work.

Thanx hun. Yeah we are just trying to enjoy the summer and do the steps the court wants us to do. *sigh* One day at a time.

Yesterday the car broke down! Uggghhhhhhhhhh Nuff said.

The 4th my best friend and her kids came up and no walk that day. :( Not much healthy eating either. Cake and ice cream and chips and soda! I didn't even count cals!

Yesterday I went big grocery shopping and was stupid cause I didn't plan ahead. I was really busy hitting a bunch of stores and had 2 bananas and an apple and an orange for breakfast while out. I was feeling so good thinking I would just have a BIG dinner and maybe a salad when I got home. But I got home and was so busy putting everything away and fixing lunch for Joey and running out the door to see him and then went to another store and by the time I came back it was like 3:30 I was REALLY hungry and cj said he wanted cake and there was some left and before you know it I was grabbing cake and soda and chips and .......uggghhhhh.

I am glad there is no more left. I went to pick him up at 6:00 and the car broke down, didn't get home til 8:00 and then needed to make dinner and...I am tired!

But All the walking I did at the stores I will count as 30 minutes. Muahahahah!!!

Anyhow I am on track today, i will post later what i am eating and I already walked 60 minutes so.......yeah!

My son told me my daughter has decided to get married in Mexico, my husband and my last choice. I talked to her today and she said nothing, though we were not on long as she was at work. Well it has been confirmed I just talked with her and yup, its Mexico, unless we win the lottery, then Dad and I get to pick the place. YUM!!!! They have warned us not to go there, too many unexplained accidents to Canadian's are happening. Maybe know one heard about the couple who got killed, while down there for there daughter's wedding, my cousin was also killed down in Mexico, in both cases the killer's were never found, makes me very nervous.
I REALLY REALLY HOPE we WIN A LOTTERY!

Oh my goodness! I do not blame you about the mexico thing! What part of mexico? And WHY???? What happened to the cousin? I am sorry to hear about that. These kids just don't understand do they? You can't put a price on safety!

Jasons lea:

Hooray!!!! I am glad you got the job. Don't give up on the dance class!!

Jasmine31
07-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Well yesterday was a pretty good day and today is going well, I have dinner all planned out and have done good the rest of the day. I just need to do my walk tonite. Where is everyone?

Jasmine31
07-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Okay so I did pretty good yesterday. Only got 30 minutes of walking in but kept to my cals. I almost wanted to weigh in this a.m. but was scared maybe I had gained over the 4th and then lost that so would be the same. lol I will weigh in maybe sunday.

Got my 60 minute in this a.m. and am feeling good. Getting ready to make bread today and banana nut muffins.

Pita09
07-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello :wave:

I received an invite to join Hot & Healthy Chicks from Jasmine and am happily here to bother you all with my ramblings. I also really like the name of this group. :cool:

My name is Pita and I have been on this board for a little over a week, I think. I REALLY like it here and have read so many great threads and feel a real sense of support among the members. Instead of going on and on about who I am I invite you to read my blog. The link is over there <------- It only has two post in it at this point and explains a little about what brought me here and what my plan is to get this lousy weight off!!

I don't know if I mention in the Blog or not that I'm in college but I am. I got my GED last year and as of today began my 4th quarter at my local technical college where I am studying marketing management. I have the current dream of running my own Starbucks or better yet, owning my own coffee house someday. :coffee2: Yes, I'm slightly addicted to the stuff.

Anyway, I had my one class today, Business Communications, and afterwards went to Curves to workout. I hadn't been in three weeks and have gained 10 lbs over that time. I was down one pound today, which I have happily entered into my ticker because one is better than none and I like seeing I have 99 lbs to go instead of a 100. :D

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and I promise I don't always ramble on quiet this much. Well, OK I do but I will try to at least not do it more than once a day. :D

Jasmine31
07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi Pita!!! *HUGZ* I am so glad you joined us!!! I will go sneak a peak at your diet blog. Feel free to ramble on as much as you want. We all do! Have you decided what plan to try? For me I stick to whole foods as much as possible. The closer things are to nature the better our bodies recognize it and can process it and keep it off. So that means things like REAL butter and not the fake stuff that is one step away from plastic. (If ya want links to that I'll share) ;)

I calorie count and my goal is 1400-1600 but that never happens often, it is more like 1700-1800 which at this weight I can still lose on with my walking of 60 minutes 5 days a week. (When I don't lose is when my walking tapers off to 1-2 a week and when my cals creep in the 2000 on up range! lol )

Anyhow my driving force right now is potassium!!! It would be easier to just stick to 1400-1500 cals a day cause most days I have the momentum/motivation whatever you want to call it BUT then I look at my fitday and see my Recommended daily allowance(RDA) and I am trying to keep up on my nutrients particularily calcium and potassium. I am more concerned with being healthy than skinny but the great thing is when you put that first, the weight comes off.

I have always set one day aside a week to go out to eat. If I want that burger and fries and coke, I go for it! If I want that pizza and crazy bread, I do it. This makes it more livable to me. If I told myself I could NOT have those things I wouldn't stick with it. I still eat what I enjoy, I just make healthier versions of it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116636&page=2

That is a link to a post I made the other day about how I eat.

Have you started walking yet? I can't believe how much we have in common either! lol

Jasmine31
07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Apple, raw 125 1 32 0
Cantaloupe (muskmelon), raw 164 1 39 4
Orange, raw 45 0 11 1
Brown Cow Maple Cream Top Yogurt 1 cup 220 9 29 7
Sarah's Angel Bread 4 loaves (64 slices)5668.29 cals 354 7 67 11
Tillamook Sweet Cream Salted AA Butter(1 tbs, crea,(milk) , salt, churned daily from fresh sweet pasteurized cream) 0 trans fat 100 11 0 0
Beans, pinto, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt 176 1 33 11
Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese(1 oz, no trans fat, cultured milk, salt, enzymes, annato(color), contains no animal rennet 110 9 0 7
Cucumber, raw 14 0 3 1
Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw 24 0 4 3
Tomatoes, raw 19 0 4 1
Chicken, breast, with or without bone, roasted, skin not eaten 166 4 0 31
Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing 74 8 1 0
Onions, mature, raw 8 0 2 0
Carrots, baby, raw 19 0 4 0

My outline for the day for eating. as you see I get LOTS of fruit in there. I did 3 cups of cantaloupe today cause all my bananas are frozen! I may have to tuck a muffin in there some where. I am having a tea party with the kids this afternoon and am making stuff.

JasonsLea
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey everyone! One more week till I start my new job and can breath easier. welcome Pita! WI is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I gained. eating was OUT OF CONTROL this week.

Pita09
07-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Good morning :wave:

I'm sitting here eating my delicious bowl of Kashi cereal, soy milk, sliced strawberries, and walnuts for breakfast. Also have a hot cup of Chai with fat free half and half. This meal will hold me until I get home from school and working out at Curves today.

Jasmine, you had asked if I had chosen a plan. I think my plan is to stick to foods that are mostly whole and with the least amount of garbage in them that our bodies don't like. I'm currently obsessed with all the work my body has to do to maintain me. I don't want to feed it junk anymore.

I'm also counting calories faithfully. I want to stay between 1400 and 1600 a day, but have gone into the 1700 a couple of times in the last week and a half. I'm working out at Curves for at least 30 minutes for at least 4 days a week. I will also do some ab workout here at home 3 days a week. Once the weather breaks I will start walking outside a few evenings a week.

Oops, just noticed the time. I have to go get myself dressed and out the door for school.

You all have a great day and I'll check in later this afternoon. :hug:

Jasmine31
07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Good morning :wave:

I'm sitting here eating my delicious bowl of Kashi cereal, soy milk, sliced strawberries, and walnuts for breakfast. Also have a hot cup of Chai with fat free half and half. This meal will hold me until I get home from school and working out at Curves today.

Jasmine, you had asked if I had chosen a plan. I think my plan is to stick to foods that are mostly whole and with the least amount of garbage in them that our bodies don't like. I'm currently obsessed with all the work my body has to do to maintain me. I don't want to feed it junk anymore.

I'm also counting calories faithfully. I want to stay between 1400 and 1600 a day, but have gone into the 1700 a couple of times in the last week and a half. I'm working out at Curves for at least 30 minutes for at least 4 days a week. I will also do some ab workout here at home 3 days a week. Once the weather breaks I will start walking outside a few evenings a week.

Oops, just noticed the time. I have to go get myself dressed and out the door for school.

You all have a great day and I'll check in later this afternoon. :hug:

Sounds great. More whole foods, less junk is the best way to go. If you are a reader you may want to try fit for life, I have read his 2nd one released in 2003 and am currently reading one called a new beginning where he goes more in detail that all disease, whether it is eczema, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, is all from the same problem and has the same cure, basically you need your lymph system cleaned out and fed healthy food, lots and lots of it!

What kind of exercise do you have at curves? If there is any way you can start walking, even just 15 minutes a few times a week it will REALLY help your body. Have fun! *HUGZ BACK*

Hi Jasons lea!!! Just get back on it! You can do better this week.

Uggghhh!!! I just typed out 4 paragraphs and lost it!!! Well suffice it to say I did 90 minutes this afternoon, it was actually nice out, took the kids to the library, had a tea party yesterday with the kids after cleaning lots. Today dh is home so it is more of a kick back day plus I am tired from yesterday it was non stop cleaning, baking and cooking and kids but I enjoyed it. :)

He had to go to the dentist tonight. Well good news about all that walking is I think I just want a salad and veggies for dinner. That would put me at 1214 today which considering the last 54 days plus today would still me at a 1909 average. Yikes! I need another low cal day tomorrow maybe.

Pita09
07-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Howdy! :wave:

Today has been a good day. Calories are at 1404, with 40 grams fiber thanks to all the veggies and whole grains I had. I also stopped after school where this man was selling watermelons and cantaloupes on the corner. I bought a yellow seedless watermelon and a huge cantaloupe. I have visions of fruit salad in my head for tomorrow!! :drool:

I also got in 30 minutes of a good workout at Curves. There was no one else working out today when I got there. I LOVE when that happens! I told the newbie worker girl to carry on with her duties and not stand around trying to keep me me company. She seemed happy to obey and I was able to workout nice and steady.

Jasmine, at Curves I do what is called circuit training. There are a bunch of machines that run on hydraulics that work either the upper or lower body, and in between are these boards that are slightly springy to walk in place or do whatever. You do each thing for 30 seconds while following the voice on a tape. I don't follow the voice really. I stay on some machines for a full minute or two and let my body tell me when to switch. The faster you work the machine the harder your workout is.

Right now it is too stinking hot to be outside walking. In the fall we will start talking walks. I wish I had a treadmill! We have an exercise room here at the apartment that my Joe works out in but I don't like to. It's small and usually there are tiny, cute college girls running on the treadmills. Not good for my ego, you know? ;)

Jasmine31
07-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey Pita! Great job on the food and workout! Curves sound good and I know what ya mean about the heat. Muggy is the worst! We are fortunate that while we have had some 100 days, the last 2 have been in the mid 80's! Yeah weird. Unfortunately August and September are usually the hottest months around here.

I have to run but I will catch up with ya more tomorrow!

Keep up the great work!! Don't forget to measure yourself and i LOVE cantaloupe and watermelon. They have cant on sale tomorrow for .15 cents a lb, so I am getting a BUNCH of it.

JasonsLea
07-12-2007, 04:32 PM
:wave: everyone! So WI was Tuesday and I am up a pound. Pffft! I'm not worried though. That lb and two more will be gone next WI, guaranteed. :)

Jasmine31
07-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Better 1 than more! Well I did lose yesterday and today. The scale moved to 213.5 yesterday and this a.m. it was down to 213. Yeah!!!

Jasmine31
07-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Well I was doing good yesterday til I got upset about the car being broken down for 8 days and my hubby starting a new job on the 23rd at 6:30 a.m. and the buses not getting there that early.

God is good though and he got it running! PTL!

Not before I ate 3 servings of tortilla chips with lots of salsa. Ugghhhh....put me in the 2100 zone. :( But still my "maintenance cals" are 2200 and I walked, so that gave me extra room. *sigh* The rest of the day was healthy though and today is a new day.

I am planning on 1450. *crosses fingers* Kids are going to their dads for the weekend so am a bit stressed about that, trying to get everything ready and praying for no more drama!

How is everyone else doing? Got my walk in early.

Pita09
07-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Good evening everyone! :wave:

Jasmine you hang in there and keep leaning on the Lord to pull you through. He can handle car problems, ex's, and too many tortilla chips. :hug:

I had a good day. I worked out for about 20 minutes this morning. I'm so bad at doing it on my own at home. I need to find a workable routine to do at home. Might Google that later.

Last night I joined the weight loss support group TOPS. Eight members were there ranging from 80 something to 35. Weight loss doesn't seem to be high on there list of priorities and neither does sound nutritional information. Now granted I'm an overweight woman, but good grief I can tell you exactly why that is so, and I know what to do to get it off. I had to bite my tongue several times not to monopolize the conversation or correct the leader whose idea of cardio is to walk around Walmart pushing the cart faster than a stroll. :rolleyes:

I will say they were incredibly friendly ladies and made me feel very welcomed. I had to get hugs from each one of them before I could leave. :) The reason I will join this group is for the weekly weigh-in that will keep me honest with myself and accountable. I also just might be an inspiration to those that are struggling. I like that idea.

JasonsLea
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Jasmine, WOOOT on the WL!

Pita, I hope you do well with TOPS. If not, you know you always have us. :)

Pita09
07-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Good morning hot and healthy chickies!

Today is going to be a busy day filled with fun and food. We are going in to Atlanta for an anniversary party, and then to another town to have dinner with a girl friend, who is in Georgia on business. I'm vowing right now that I'm going to try very hard to NOT go off plan. I will make intelligent and healthy choices!!

I hope you all have a great day. :hug:

Jasmine31
07-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Jasmine you hang in there and keep leaning on the Lord to pull you through. He can handle car problems, ex's, and too many tortilla chips.

Thanx hun. Well I was pretty bad this weekend I won't even say how or what, but the kids were gone so we went out to dinner 2 nites! I think I was still around 200 friday nite and not so sure saturday nite. Sunday nite was 1770 so...anyhow back on today. I did get 90 minutes in on saturday and after walking for 10 days straight I took a break yesterday.

This a.m. I just got back from a 90 minuter. I am at 900 minutes for the month. Yeah! I am cooking up a huge pot of beans and those always seem to help me stay on track between fiber and getting 800 mg of potassium in just from that.

I had a good day. I worked out for about 20 minutes this morning. I'm so bad at doing it on my own at home. I need to find a workable routine to do at home. Might Google that later.

Yeah well if you can just get a routine down and do it for a few weeks it becomes a habit.

I will say they were incredibly friendly ladies and made me feel very welcomed. I had to get hugs from each one of them before I could leave. The reason I will join this group is for the weekly weigh-in that will keep me honest with myself and accountable. I also just might be an inspiration to those that are struggling. I like that idea.

That is nice of you to try to help them out. I would be too irritated with all the mis info and would not be able to keep my mouth shut. lol

JasonsLea:

Jasmine, WOOOT on the WL!

Thanx hun! Yeah my outside thighs are gettiung so muscley! I need to do some inner thigh exercises or something cause they are still jiggly!

Pita420

Good morning hot and healthy chickies!

Today is going to be a busy day filled with fun and food. We are going in to Atlanta for an anniversary party, and then to another town to have dinner with a girl friend, who is in Georgia on business. I'm vowing right now that I'm going to try very hard to NOT go off plan. I will make intelligent and healthy choices!!

Have fun! Go for the chicken and veggies!!! :hug:

Pita09
07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Hello :wave:

Well, I didn't stay on plan yesterday. :( There was a ton of food at this party and all of it looking so good. I didn't totally blow it there but when we went out for dinner with our friend later that evening I ended up sharing an appetizer and a catfish dinner with my Sweetie. Both were fried foods and not healthy at all. I came home bloated and exhausted. I woke up so fatigued it was all I could do to drag myself to school. Afterwards I went to Curves and had a pretty good workout. I feel better now and have eaten perfectly today. I did step on the scales at Curves and it wasn't pretty. I have until Thursday's weigh-in to get the weekend off my body and then some. God I wish I had more control over this whole thing!!

Jasmine31
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Pita! Well that will happen sometimes. Just dust yourself off and start fresh the next day. The Bible says a righteous man may fall 7 times but he will get up again. I know it was meant differently lol but the point is the same. We may fall many times but we have to get up again! We will not fail as long as we keep getting up. :)

A Bit mad at myself yesterday, walking is still going great, 90 minutes yesterday and today and my food was fine, I wasn't even hungry. I was at 1700 of great whole foods and then I seen the popcorn from sunday and before you know it on came the butter and I was counting out 7 cups of popcorn! I really need an air popper.

uggghhhhhhhhhhh....

I really need to be more disciplined cause I am walking my butt off but if I am letting the cals fly, ........grrrrrr......The good news is the cap was 2200, which is my maintenance w/out walking. So with walking maintenance is 3100. So i STILL burned 900 cals yesterday but I still have my weekend days that I was bad and on and on..........arrrrrggghhhhhh

The kids want h.m. pizzza tonite. I do tooo but I do not feel like trying to figure out how many cals etc, how many pizza's I can have. I am just frazzled. It is chicken, beans, corn tortillas, salsa, salad and veggies PERIOD tonite!

Do you drink coffee Pita? I always notice that when I cut out that, I seem to get hungrier. I usually can limit myself to 16 oz a day and when I go off that it seems I get hungrier.......

Another BIG problem is I am trying so hard to get my potassium....4700 mg a day and keep my calcium up. So alot of my cals get taken up doing that. And I tell myself that is how I can help get my blood pressure down, but then I remind myself that when I get my weight down more, my b.p. will go down too! Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

2 cups cantaloupe
3 cups cantaloupe
1 large fuji apple
1 kiwi fruit
1 cup brown cow yogurt
.12 cup walnuts
16 oz coffee
3 minitubs coffeemate

(What I have already had)

3/4 cup beans
1 cup broccoli
.50 cup cauliflour
1 cup chopped tomatoes
.12 cup onions chopped
.25 cup shredded cheese
.50 cup chicken breast
2 corn tortillas
2 cups romaine
1 tbs ranch

If I can stick to that this evening, I will be at 1533 caloreis for the day, 30% fat, 52 % carbs, 18% protein, my potassium would be 4635, my calcium would be 88%

Not bad. I will try very hard to stick to this!!! Good luck to you today hun!

JasonsLea
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
:wave: everyone!

Well I lied. I didn't lose that 1 lbs this week, I didn't lose anything. I could sit around and pout but I'm really don't have the patience for whining right now. I was a bad girl the last two weeks and I'm lucky I didn't gain. I'll start losing again this week and keep truckin.

Figured out how to fit in my workouts with the new job. Will be able to go up to 4 times a week.

I started my second job yesterday and it's good and bad. Good because it is EASY as **** and my co workers are funny. Bad because it is SO boring and tedious that I get super sleepy REALLY fast! I drank three cups of coffee today and it didn't help. Lucky for me, everyone including the TRAINER gets sleepy too so *shrugs*

Pita09
07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Good evening Shari and Jasmine...... and any onlookers ;)

Today was a good day for me. I was down a pound from the three I gained over the weekend. Still got to really watch it since I have my first TOPS weigh-in on Thursday.

Shari, you have a good attitude so just keep on plugging and that weight will come off! :hug:

We are going out to dinner with my girlfriend from Arizona tomorrow night. I have already decided on Applebees and looked over their Weight Watchers menu to see that there are several yummy looking things I can order.

Jasmine, I do drink coffee. I also drink quite a bit of chai tea. At the moment I have two cups of coffee in the morning and a cup of iced coffee in the afternoon. Once a week we go to Starbucks and I usually have to large iced coffees. I put Splenda and fat free half-n-half at home and Splenda and half-n-half or soy at Starbucks. I will NOT give up my coffee! :coffee:

Jasmine31
07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Jasonslea:

Glad you worked the new workouts in with the job! Don't worry about not losing, you will be down next week!

Pita:

You are down? Yeah!!! You know what? Some of that was probably water weight. ;)

Applebees sounds good, maybe do a lighter lunch so you have extra room!

Jasmine, I do drink coffee. I also drink quite a bit of chai tea. At the moment I have two cups of coffee in the morning and a cup of iced coffee in the afternoon. Once a week we go to Starbucks and I usually have to large iced coffees. I put Splenda and fat free half-n-half at home and Splenda and half-n-half or soy at Starbucks. I will NOT give up my coffee!

I don't blame ya on the coffee! Well I was doing 1 16 oz cup with 3 mini tub creamers for along time. Then I re read my book (fruit ONLY til noon) and reminded myself that I need to wait til noon for coffee, but when it is 90-100 degrees out who wants it then? lol

Anyhow, I do think it is an appetite supressant. Yesterday I had that 1 cup and I was able to stick to 1596 cals for the whole day and some other days I am going way over my allocated 1700. I think I need to make a huge poot of green tea today, that always seems to help me too for some reason.

Well My middle daughters actual birth day is coming up again. (We DID celebrate on 4th and had all her friends over and lots of food etc.)

She wants to go to Home Town Buffet (somewhere we normally go once every 5 months or so.)

Well with the kids gone last weekend and not wanting to spend $50.00 to go out to a steak house Joe and I went to H.T.B. (My ex rarely takes the kids, that was like the 5th visit in a year) Anyways, we had pizza the nite before(friday) I was so stressed I felt I deserved it. And I said it was my "out to eat day" but then we wanted to go out to dinner the next day and you know a buffet can be very scary.

Normally when I do a salad at home I will portion out ONE TBS of ranch and if it is in my food allowance, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, then lots of salad stuff. But when I go out to eat, I just dump on the dressing etc. *sigh*

I had a fried chicken thigh, some steak, was it 5 oz? Some mojo potatoes, and then some more. I had 3 rolls and 4 pats of butter! I had 2, 16 oz soft drinks. Then I had 3 of their little deserts. Chocolate mousse, pumpkin pie, cheesecake. (I did have fruit for breakfast and yogurt and walnuts for lunch)

Sunday was so/so my cals were 1770, has fruit and veggies and lean hamburger meat with bun , but turns out there was NO mustard and after thousand island, a smidge on my bun, and 1 tbs of ranch, and yogurt and cheese, and the killer was the oiled popcorn with butter! So 50% of the cals were from fat! 28% carbs, 21% protein.

Monday was 2236 cause there was popcorn left over. Thank goodness my % were fine.

Anyhow, my conclusion? I either didn't eat SOOO Much and maintained since I have been walking like crazy, or I may of gained 1 pound, then lost it. I think I maintained, the problem is I want to LOSE!!

Yeah I was really bad! Now you see why I didn't want to say on Monday. But like I say, you can always start over etc.

Okay so I am trying to formulate a plan for this weekend.

I am feeling strong today and I tell myself that I am walking like crazy and I WILL lose if I can just stick to the cals planned!! I am feeling strong and think if I can skim off some cals this week I can have a few extra for the weekend. KWIM?

So my first plan is to have NO soda this weekend! 8 oz is 100 cals right there. SO I can knock off 400 at HTB right there. I will portion my salad out just like I do at home and if I have to bring my measuring cups/spoons and look like a freak so be it!!

I still want the chicken and steak but I may go with the grilled chicken, and watch the portion of steak, 2 rolls, 2 pats of butter, 2 desserts, that is it!

Yeah I will still be overeating but I will work it in my cal pllan and it still won't be as much as I had last satruday!

Anyhow, I am aiming for another 1600 cal day today. Good luck everyone!

Now I did jump on the scale this a.m., still 213, so we are in the clear.

Jasmine31
07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Morning ladies! Hope I didn't scare anyone off with the food talk! :(

Okay so I am down a pound today!!! YEah!!!!! BUT I was insulted on my walk this a.m.!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118322

Canuk4
07-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Well hello ladies, it has been a while since I was on the board, read thru all the messages, seems like everyone is trying very hard, although you are all human as am I.

Jasmine I am glad the visit with Dad is over, I can certainly understand your stress, been there, done that. Your going so well with your walking and planning everthing, you said you were down a pound today, good for you. What did you mean you were insulted on your walk today?

Welcome Pita, seems you are also trying to plan things out well!

Jasonslea, good for you, new job and still fitting the workouts in, you go girl.

I seem to be maintaining my weight, would rather be losing but with the health problems, I guess for now I will be satisfied. Home just for a couple of days, getting tired of the cottage, we had a hole in the water pipe in the bathroom, so after three days of dh trying to fix it, in between reading his books, I took off, got the laundry done, went to my appt. got Dad to his and some shopping done, today was cleaning the house, I just seem to visit.

My daughter is now 95% decided to get married here, having just family, meaning her aunts and uncles and first cousin's along with a few friends of there's, I have no say, they are paying, so I guess as long as I show up, that is all that is required, except of course, I am paying for the wedding cake, some books she wants on making sure she does everything and does not forget anything, and of course since it will now be Nov. 30th (I think) she will have lots to do, she is also talking about getting a second job. We will do the rehersal dinner at our house as well. It is kind of bothering me, she has only one brother and he isn't in it. But shut my mouth I will, have been shutting it alot on my thoughts on his girlfriend, its darn near killing me though. Just offered to come home, his birthday weekend as she will be there for the better part of it. He was surprised, but thanked me. I do have to remind myself it is half his cottage and remind him as well.

So food today has not been too bad, I had two granola bars for breakfast, with my coffee and half and half and a sweetner (two cups) then one small piece of pizza with cheese, ham and pineapple on whole wheat crust. And some water, so have to get better at planning the food for when I am at home.

Take care ladies, hi VeggieGal, miss ya.
Sharon S.

Jasmine31
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Canuk!!! I have missed you so much hun! Thanx for the update.

Jasmine I am glad the visit with Dad is over, I can certainly understand your stress, been there, done that. Your going so well with your walking and planning everthing, you said you were down a pound today, good for you.

He is annoying to no end. Yes I was down a pound, and I am now down another pound this a.m.!!!!

I have been doing the 90 minutes a day walking and have been keeping to 1600 cal limit for 4 days and voila, the pounds roll off! So 2 pounds in 4 days of doing this.

It is like I know this in my head, all it is is calories in vs. cals out then we get side tracked and fell like it is SO hard, then we get back on track it is like, this is SO easy, ya know?

Well we are supposed to go to home town buffet today so this will really help motivate me to be good. I am going to try to plan it out before I go.

I seem to be maintaining my weight, would rather be losing but with the health problems, I guess for now I will be satisfied. Home just for a couple of days, getting tired of the cottage, we had a hole in the water pipe in the bathroom, so after three days of dh trying to fix it, in between reading his books, I took off, got the laundry done, went to my appt. got Dad to his and some shopping done, today was cleaning the house, I just seem to visit.

Well even if you are maintaining, that is good, but still get your fruits and veggies in, that helps your body to fight things off.

Is the water pipe fixed? Awwww....I hope so! Our car was down for 8 days with dh trying to fix it and then finally we found out it was something different than we originally though. PTL it is fixed and we had the money! $120.00.

But shut my mouth I will, have been shutting it alot on my thoughts on his girlfriend, its darn near killing me though. Just offered to come home, his birthday weekend as she will be there for the better part of it. He was surprised, but thanked me. I do have to remind myself it is half his cottage and remind him as well.

I know it is hard to be quiet with the kids but that is all we can do hun. Same thing over here with my ex and the kids. So many lies and garbage it is all we can do to be quiet and smile along. *hugz* We both will help each other thru this!

So food today has not been too bad, I had two granola bars for breakfast, with my coffee and half and half and a sweetner (two cups) then one small piece of pizza with cheese, ham and pineapple on whole wheat crust. And some water, so have to get better at planning the food for when I am at home.

Sounds good! Come back soon!!

Pita!!! Where are ya hun? I seen on your ticker in another forum you are down 4.5 pounds!!! Whooohoooo! I am so proud of you!!! Keep it up sweetie! Your hard work is paying off!!

Veggie girl and marblesfly and hun e b and martiniforme and every one else needs to come back! Sd gal! :hug:

Hi to Jasons lea, hope you are doing good!

Well if I am able to keep this up, I should be 199 by the end of August. I REALLY want that!!!

On another note, I am so thankful to God, and proud of hubby. If anyone remembers back in Dec he started applying for the City? Well bottom line, he had a crappy job out here for a few years and I told him the way to go would be city/state/school job. So he applied any time an opening came up in the few city's up here like code enforcement/security guard/custodian,/ dog catcher , etc.

Nothing panned out. Well last Dec. a p/t maintenance position for the city came up and he applied. They said 25-32 hours per week, starts at $12.89 an hour, alot more than he is making now at old job! (sad to say lol) Even though it is p/t it is a foot in the door.

So anyhow, by March he gets an interview and we really felt it was the job for him, no go. He didn't get it. He kept checking back though to see if they had more openings and come June guess who was calling him cause there were more openings in that position? Hooray!!! June 5th he had the interview, found out a week later they picked him, BUT were sweating bullets for almost 3 weeks due to him needing a physical as a pre hiring requirement.

He is in great shape but broke his back sledding a few years ago. PTL he completely recovered and can run/work/is the most hard working energetic person I know, but still has rods in his back. He could not get back in his original field of heavy equipment cause of that.

Anyhow, the county doc approved him. Hooray!

They also said he will start at $13.28 per hour. They said he will be on probation for a year but if a ft position comes up before then he can apply like everyone else and maybe get it. We are really excited and there is lots of room to move up.

If anyone cares to, please pray for us! This is our big break and w/out a college education, it may be the only break.

He starts tomorrow. He was trying to see if he could make up the extra hours with his old job a day a week or so but manager said yes, big boss said no.

Anyhow getting ready to zoom for my walk, already recorded the minutes. Have a great day everyone! We CAN do this!!

What did you mean you were insulted on your walk today?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118322

This is a link to the thread where I was complaining about it! lol

JasonsLea
07-21-2007, 02:14 PM
:wave: everyone!

Pita, let me know how is goes at Applebees. I've never been.

Jasmine ~ Jerk! I probably would have kagged him or something.

Hi Canuk!

So my first week at my new job is officially over. Super easy, just requires LOTS of coffee! My co workers are a riot, I'm always laughing and sometimes blushing because they can get really raw. Next week, we get our own cubicles! I get to decorate and everything! We have a big industrial size refrigerator in the breakroom and I'm going to buy a large insulated bag and make sure I have plenty healthy snacks ready. Plus water, lots of BOTTLE water! You can't drink the water at either one of my jobs. Seriously! Every other woman is PREGNANT! I don't want to pull a Virgin Mary! Having two jobs means I'll be getting paid every week and will be able to save up for my move in December so I'm smiling alot these days!

Pita09
07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
[COLOR="Magenta"]Pita!!! Where are ya hun? I seen on your ticker in another forum you are down 4.5 pounds!!! Whooohoooo! I am so proud of you!!! Keep it up sweetie! Your hard work is paying off!!

Aww thanks for noticing :hug: I am very pleased with myself and plan to stay the course and get this weight off. I cleaned out my closet today and all my size 20's went bye-bye. I've got the 16's ready to go the moment I get a bit more off. ;)

Shari, Applebees was really good. I had the confetti chicken and my Joe had the steak and portobello mushrooms. Both had steamed broccoli. The portion size was way smaller than what our friends ate for their dinners, but we got out of there for under 400 calories each. Two of my friends split a dessert that was 1100 calories!

Jasmine31
07-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Jasonslea:

I am glad the jobs are going good, bring your own water! lol

Yeah i hope I don't see him again!

Pita:

I am very pleased with myself and plan to stay the course and get this weight off.

You will. It is just a simple numbers game. I KNOW that and then when i goof up, I forget, then get back on plan and it works. *sigh*

I cleaned out my closet today and all my size 20's went bye-bye. I've got the 16's ready to go the moment I get a bit more off.

Great idea. I seen a post from a lady who said when she grows out of a size she packs it up for good will! I went thru my clothes the other day and alot are TOOO TOOO big! I am swimming in some. That just makes me feel frumpy. I have a few things that fit now. (Well you know how we women are, a few things could be like 25 things but hey! We need a variety. ;) )

Anyhow then I have a few things that are tooo tight. So I bagged up all the toooooo big clothes and the stuff that once winter hits will definately be TOOOO big. Don't forget to save something to show yourself later! Like THE BIG JEANS!

I kept my old BIG belt and took a pic last year of both dh and I in it together!

Anyhow I was down two for the week and am looking forard to another 2-3 next week.

Looking back on my fitday from one saturday to the next 5 weeks later and I lost 10 pounds in that time. Whooohoooo!!!!

Jasmine31
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Marblesfly: get back in here!! I miss ya!

Okay so the buffet went fine, I stuck to my plan and halfed the desserts. I wound up at 2200 cals that day. Okay so I am down another pound this a.m.! First for the week hooray!!!

My foot is hurting so I think I will not walk today. How is everyone else doing?

Jasmine31
07-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Well I took a shower and got dressed , put my shoes on and then I felt like I just HAD to go for a walk! lol

50 minutes and since I met my goal of 1500 minutes, I reset my ticker for a 2000 minute goal! Yeah!!!

marbleflys
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm here, I'm here!!!!! just so busy at work........then i have to meet my favorite person (trainer) at the gym...we have a love/hate relationship...he makes me do exercises I hate so I can love my body...HAH!

i wish the pounds would roll off of me when i stick to program....I can just LOOK at cake and they seem to stick.......i'm having some health issues that i'm testing for now, so we'll see.

jasmine, congrats to hubby and you......hang in there, it will work out....there were many years where I worked 7 days a week to make the ends meet...I waitressed every weekend and worked my reg. job all week when my daughter was young and I didn't just pinch pennies, I strangled them....

i'll beback later and I'll read the thread to catch up, post in-depth...I have to finish grades.

Jasmine31
07-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Hooray!!!! Marbles is back!!! :hug:

I'm here, I'm here!!!!! just so busy at work........then i have to meet my favorite person (trainer) at the gym...we have a love/hate relationship...he makes me do exercises I hate so I can love my body...HAH!

That is great. What kind of exercises are you doing?

wish the pounds would roll off of me when i stick to program....I can just LOOK at cake and they seem to stick.......i'm having some health issues that i'm testing for now, so we'll see.

Well look at how great you are doing! 29 pounds!!! The more you weigh, the more they tend to roll off, but when you weigh less, it is harder. It will happen though. Are you walking as well?

i'm having some health issues that i'm testing for now, so we'll see.

I hope it is not your thyroid. Let us know.

jasmine, congrats to hubby and you......hang in there, it will work out....there were many years where I worked 7 days a week to make the ends meet...I waitressed every weekend and worked my reg. job all week when my daughter was young and I didn't just pinch pennies, I strangled them....

Awww sweetie! :hug: Did the ex pay child support? I hope she appreciates that now, how hard you worked to take care of her.

Well he is on his 3rd day. The first day they sent him out with a lady who is p/t like him but has been there a while. She was showing him the two parks she does, fixing sprinklers, set timers, trim hedges, etc, general maintenance stuff.

The supervisor sends them out in trucks and said everything was hay wire this week and he would figure out where to put him later. So Tuesday another guy shows up, John and he is higher up than the girl, he is maintenance II. They have p/t maintenance aide and then maintenance level I, II, and III and then supervisor is at the top.

Well when they got back to the yard yesterday his supervisor called him over and said John called him on the phone and was impressed with what Joe knew and could do and that he asked if Joe could stay with him at the 2 parks instead of him being placed on the mower crew, or tree trimming.

(They have crews that go out to all the parks and just do that all day.) He wanted him to stay at those two parks and help take care of them. SO basically they are skipping him over the two less skilled crews. Hooray!!! So same pay, but more prestigious. So basically it seems to me that he would have a better chance of moving up quicker. Yeah!!!!! Oh he was supposed to work mon-thursday this week and his boss asked him if he would mind working friday as well this week. Yeah 40 hours!!!

He said next week his schedule would be sun-wed. That is great he is getting an extra day in! But I am a lil surprised. So maybe once in a while he can get an extra day here and there. That would be great. We'll see.

(Joe found out from the lady that the one park in particular is the City's prize park and the mayor goes there, they have big wig party's there, etc, so they have to keep it immaculate, grass really green, etc.)

I am so proud of him. :carrot:

Well I am doing good with the calories and the exercise. Joes b~day is today so ......I want pizza! lol BUT I am telling myself to hold off til saturday, for 1, by then as long as I am good today and tomorrow(and yesterday) I SHOULD be able to be down 1 more pound. Then saturday I could maintain. But if we celebrate today that could throw a wrench in my plans. lol

How is every one else doing??? :D

Jasmine31
07-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh Marbles I did want to mention that IF you do have a problem w/ your thyroid I have read in a few places that soy may interact and aggravate it.

Jasmine31
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Well ladies We did celebrate yesterday, I just tallied up my food cals and it says 2486. Not bad seeing as how my maintenance was 3100 or so yesterday with walking. I have Thursday, friday, and saturday to get down a pound in time for sunday weigh in, I can do it!

I also took and bought 2 new dresses yesterday!! one I was really excited about, it is black with white polka dots and I tried it on a few weeks ago and I think I looked more hippy then.

But didn't have the money for it anyways. Well I forgot to mention as well dh got his last check from his old work and even though he would of been a few weeks shy of his 2 year mark, they sent him off with vacation pay as well!! Yeah!

So I was going to buy a few things and they had lots of cute stuff but I reminded myself I am still losing so to just get a FEW things! This should tide me over for now. Oh the black jean pants I tryed on were a 16, they said "stretchy" but no elastic, so just basically some extra give, KWIM? They fit! BUT I had to suck it in. I thought about getting them but what will I wear them with? An old big bulky shirt? (Cause it was really emphasizing my tummy being all squished. )

I want to start wearing tops that fir more normally and as long as the pants arent skin tight I am able to do that so I figured, Ill wait.

Back to the dress, I could NOT find it any where so I started grabbing other stuff and trying it on and on a trip out to my cart I seen ONE dress in a take back cart. Guess what? XL and it was marked down from 25.00 to 12.50!!!!
It was the polka dot one I wanted. :D

Hooray!!!

Anyhow so I got that and a black sleeveless one. I may even take pictures here soon and show ya all. ;)

How is everyone else doing?

marbleflys
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
doncha' just love that kind of luck? I'm sure you look fabuloso too.

I hit the gym before 7AM today, put in 25 mins on the Precor Ellip. and 20 mins. on the cybex arc trainer at the highest incline for some intervals....burned 450 calories in cardio....and did chest/lats/and abs sets too....

so now I don't have to worry about getting my exercise in for the day, it's done...( i may even feel SMUG about it)....Of course I could use a nap, but I had to go to work.......the cat is napping for me.

i need more coffee.... BBL

Jasmine31
07-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes. I need all the clothes breaks I can get! :)

Great job on the gym stuff! I might join one next year. I was thinking this year when we got our taxes but then we thought we might move so didn't.

For now I got resistance bands I need to be doing, an exercise ball. Pilaties.

I was doing the 8 minute abs months ago a few times and actually enjoyed that but it was on the p.c. and dh put it somewhere. Hmmnn...

Just got back from my walk, I am at 1730 for the month! 86.5 miles!!!
I have been doing the 2.5 pound weights, 50 reps a day.

sugarbaby269
07-26-2007, 06:04 PM
HI Jasmine!!
So good to hear from you again. I was off the band wagon but will jump right back on. My hubby is wanting to diet with me so we will be doing low carbs. Hopefully this time I'll see some results!

Jasmine31
07-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi sweetie! So glad to see ya back! Yeah I pmed everyone I could think of. I miss all of you!!! This group was going great then everyone got busy but guess what? Any time I get less focused here, I wind up gaining! I had gotten down to 203 by end of january then stress with the ex and oldest dd got me. When I realized what was going on I was 220!

The great thing is I put on the brakes and am down to 210 and am eating right most the time, watching calories and walking.

So glad you are back! Hopefully some more girls will come back and we can get this party hopping again. I tried to reach martini a few times and no luck yet. Jasonslea, Marblesfly, and Canuk are still here. Pita also joined us. :)

That will help having your hubbys support!

miafluker
07-26-2007, 09:59 PM
hi guys it looks like you all have been doing great:carrot: im still expecting my baby dec 1st then i can go back to dieting i have picked up alot of extra weight i have not been eating well :(
but i know what i have to do and i have to get motivated again to do it
congrats on all of your success and im here still rooting you all on

Jasmine31
07-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey sweetie like I said in the pm, being pg doesn't need to prevent you from being here with us. This is about being healthy, and what better time to be healthy than when you are pg? :D

Yeah! i missed ya!!! Congrats on the baby!

Pita09
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Well, I had my TOPS weigh in tonight and unfortunately the scales showed me up a pound and a half. :( This isn't really fair because TOM started today and I always gain weight this time of the month. I know in a couple of days I'll be back down and will probably have a loss because of how well I have been doing on my calories. Still ticks me though!! :mad:Oh and I'm NOT changing my ticker!! :D

Jasmine31
07-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Good morning ladies!!! How is everyone doing?

Hey Pita! I would be mad! It seems I am always up during ovulation as well. Well by next week it should look like you lost 1.5 pounds PLUS whatever else you lose! :D

Well we did celebrate Wed. Then yesterday we had lasagna, my cals were at 2200! But I just was NOT in the mood for anything else. I still would of burnt cals though with my 90 minute walk. So now I have 2 days to try to get that scale down to 209 by Sunday! :D

I can do it!

I am getting ready to go on my walk here in a few minutes. :D Have a great day everyone!

Jasmine31
07-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Well I didn't do good with the food yesterday but today is a new day! :)

Did my walking yesterday and today. How is every one else?

lodyangel
07-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Hello Everyone. My name is Melody. Jasmine invited me to join this thread. Thanks Jasmine! I have been on and off 3FC for years now. I have been back on for almost a month now. I am super focused and have lost 9 pounds so far. My goal is to lose 73 pounds. My goal weight is 155. My current weight is 220. For exercise I have been run/ walking, following the couch to 5K workouts from coolrunning.com. I am struggling a bit. I am having a hard time progressing with my running. I have a bum right knee and my left shin and ankle is giving me fits. I'm still keeping at it though. I know if I keep trying that eventually the pain will get better. I have figured out that most the pain comes from being sore and having weak ankles brought on by my lack of activity. I also have arthritis in all my major joints. However, the pain is getting better the more active I am becoming. Since it is so late in July I will just go ahead and make a goal for August and include the next 2 days in with my August goal. My goal for August is to exercise for 1320 minutes. I am going to keep track of my mileage for the month too, so I will know how much I am doing.

About Me: I am 33 years old and I am a single Mother with 4 kids. I have a boyfriend who is the father of the youngest 3. He has "issues" which explains why we never got married. I am a Preschool teacher, and will return to work in 2 days. :( That is a challenge to my newfound focus. Going back to work and maintaining my workouts will be tough! My plan is to get up early and work out before work. This is a challenge as getting up early has never worked before. Then my next challenge will be dealing with College classes as well. I start again in the fall on Aug 20th. I will really have to commit to this to make it work. I will need lost of support!

Well that is all for now. It was nice to "meet" everybody!

Jasmine31
07-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey Melody! So glad you joined us!!! *BIG HUGZ*

Well I am 32, divorced my ex dh and he is the dad to all 5 of my kids. The divorce was final July of 2005 and by April 2006 I had remarried a wonderful guy, Joe. He is great. He is 5'10 and 145!!! hahahahahaha He is very healthy(he does smoke though. :( ) So I try and drown him in fruits and veggies and fresh milled, home made bread. lol I am very happy with him.

I lost both my parents in 2005, my mom was 52 and had lots of health problems including diabetes, my dad was 64 and had diabetes, on dialysis, etc. So that has been my main driving force these last two years although I have slacked off here and there.

How many hours do you teach at preschool?

Set healthy snacks/ lunches up on the weekend so it will be easier to grab and go during the week.

What I do with chicken breast sometimes is I will cook like 6 pounds of it at once and then separate it into one dinner sized portions, you can marinate it at that time too. Freeze. When its time for dinners, grab a bag. I do that with bell peppers, onions too. That way nites I dont feel like chopping.

That is great you are down again! We are close in weight. Lets weigh in on the first and challenge each other who can lose the most next month! How does that sound? Any other ladies want to join? :)

Running....that sounds great. But if you are having trouble would it be better to stick to a less impact sport like walking? Walking is very good for you and you are not having as much weight on your feet, I think I heard it is like 1 1/2 times your weight where running is 3 times. Not tying to discourage you, just trying to offer a solution.

Also, if you do walking, maybe you can walk on your lunch hour?

I have figured out that most the pain comes from being sore and having weak ankles brought on by my lack of activity. I also have arthritis in all my major joints.

These may be because of your running hun.

Arthritis, I thought I read somnwhere that strawberries MAY help.

Well ladies I have been bad for a few days. Ugghhh I got in a rut and its been hard to get out!

I am back with it today though. I hope I didn't gain any. I think I will just weigh in on the first.

My walking has still been going strong though. I took a break yesterday and am going here in a minute.

lodyangel
07-30-2007, 01:44 PM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHvec1w/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wHvec1w/)

I know that running isn't the smartest sport for me to do with my artthritis and all, but I AM a runner...at heart anyway. I ran my whole childhood. Was a semi-star Track and Cross country Runner in high school. Then when in adulthood times got bad...I went for the food and stopped taking care of myself. I ate, and ate, and ate, and nothing I put into my mouth was good for me. I had babies and just kept piling weight on, and then at 28 I developed arthritis. Probably because of my weight. The docs are baffled as to why. Usually when you develop it at such a young age it is due to having broke a bone in the past, but nope, not me...never broke a bone. (*Knock on wood!*) So they really don't know why I have it. I know when I exercise it completely goes away so I am hoping that this will happen this time. I hurt my knee in a car wreck in 2002, and it hurts some when I run, but actually is much better now that I am building some muscle to protect the knee. Now it is my shins and my ankles giving me fits. Again, I think most of this is from being sore and my muscles in my shins and ankles being weaker then what they should be. This too will pass. I hope. :) I want to stick with running becasue there is no quicker way to reshape your body. Even the dabbling of running I have been doing has built up my calf muscles (they are huge right now! :O ) and has helped me lose 9 pounds in under a month. So I want to continue. I do walk...alot. Actually I walk more than I run. My workout today was walking. 64 minutes, 3 miles...I don't know why I was so slow today. That was a really slow pace for me.

I am at work 8 hours, but are with kids for about 6 of those 8 hours. The rest of the time is planning time, dealing with parents, etc.

A contest sounds great. I actually weigh in everyday, then average my weight for the week. How many times have you weighed a day before weigh in and then on weigh in day you were up 2 pounds and it completely crushed your enthusiasm? Happened to me alot. So I weigh in everyday and average the weight and every week I have had a loss thus far. Weighing everyday would drive some people nuts but so far this has worked for me. Seeing that average go down every week helps me keep my focus, and helps keep me on track. If I have an up day I know I need to really watch my food so I will have a down day. So it's a balancing act.

Well I am off... I have to get my bedroom put back together, need to mow the yard, and many other things need to be done! Gotta get the kids on their chores too. *sigh* I also would like to do some strength training today and some yoga to stretch out these tight muscles. So much to do...so little time!

Jasmine31
07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
9 pounds is awesome. I will seemingly wind up at 5 for the month so I had better be real good if I want to match you! lol

Well we are best at knowing our own body's and what works, doesn't work. Just be careful and listen to your body.

Yeah the scale can be annoying at times. Averaging is best. :D

If anyone is interested in more natural soap/bath stuff/making your own etc, I started a thread in the general area.

Soap! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=119107)

JasonsLea
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, trying to settle into the new job and all. Hopefully I will be getting my computer fixed within the next two weeks so I can be able to be online more often. So after TOM decided to show up last week, I've blown up about 4 lbs. No biggie. Ya, I said no biggie. Life has been hectic anyway and I can't sit here and say I've been OP. But I just turned 21 Sunday and this is a new start. I'm a big kid now and I got to get my **** together. August is officially Shari's month, yall. It's my month to get my WL plans back on track, get my bills in order, and treat myself because **** yeah I deserve it!

Jasmine31
07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey jasons lea! You can do it!!! Starting a new job can be stressful but things will settle down.

Well I finished up this morning at 2090 minutes of walking! That is 104.5 miles of walking!

I am down 5 pounds and it would be more if I could stick more to the cals limit....ughhhh I will!

I am GOING to do this next month!!!

How is everyone else doing?

Jasmine31
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Walking minutes for 2006

April 220
May 760
June 1060
July 1730
August 1185
Sept 1695
Oct 2080
Nov 2465
Dec 1639

Walking minutes for 2007

Jan 865
Feb 285
March 430
April 300
May 920
June 1128
July 2090

lodyangel
07-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Weighed in this morning at 219. I wanna see 218 really bad, but it seems to be stuck at 219! *sigh* I am really going to watch my diet today. Make sure there is no snacking going on, none of that poppin something in my mouth while I fix the kids plates. Just eat Lunch, Dinner...no snacking!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wHvec1w/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wHvec1w/)

Exercise this morning was C25K workout, week 2. I really struggled today, more so then in awhile. My inner left leg was hurting and well my mind was just not in it today. I only did 2 miles and then did strength training. I worked out for 71 minutes.

Lunch today will be Subway. I gotta run into town to mail my ebay packages. Then come back and work on my room and watch my soap. The kids are doing their chores now as I type.

Since my legs were giving me such fits this morning, I am gonna take tomorrow off from run/ walking. Tomorrow is also my first day back at work. :( Summer for me is over! I wish it was summer all year long! I love staying home with the kids. Workout tomorrow will be Denise Austin legs and core and butt and core and 20 minutes of Yoga, maybe a very short walk in the evening.

Wow! Jasmine! You have lost over 70 pounds! That is awesome! Your my role model!

Well off to my day... :)

dollypie
07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Okay I'm back thanks to Jasmine. Since getting pregnant in March Ihave only gained 16 pounds and still continue to hit the gym 4-5 times a week. It is getting harder and I finally had to give up the running last month. I do try an incorporate running a few minutes with my walks, I miss it so much! I would say that food is my biggest challenge...I have great days and then I have horrible days but it must all balance out.

lodyangel, keep up that couch to 5k! I was never a runner and did the couch to 5k and became one and was then addicted. I actually did each week for two weeks and took twice as long but I made it...just a suggestion...it worked for me!

And did I forget I am having a little Girl!!!!

Jasmine31
07-31-2007, 05:43 PM
New August thread! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1797725#post1797725)

Dolly! So good to see ya!!! *hugz* Copy your post to the new thread! Okay ladies, the new thread is up!