Old 07-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Default hoping this is not a plateaus now

I went in early last week and gained 6/10th of a pound back from not getting all the foods in. I did not do that on purpose , I was at the kids games and forgot about eatting to be honest. I got involved with them and forgot about me. After the COD pointed it out and said thats were it happened. I got back on and finished all my foods even if it was 11:30 at night!

after afew days lost the 6/10th I got back and lost nothing else in like 4 days. she considered this a lose on my chart but if I gained it back and then lost it doens't that really mean I did not lose at all? I only got my self back were i was it was not like I lost that plus and extra.

I hope this is not a sign of a plateaus coming on. Guess I am typically losing 2.32 lbs a week this week was kind of a bummer!

If I was plateauing would I of lost that stupid 6/10th?

Guess I need to try and get back on track or mix my foods around.
I would love another 3lbs lost over the weekend I have no idea how I pulled that one off at all!
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #2  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

It's frustrating, isn't it? I know I sometimes gain a bit and then lose it again. I don't count losing the bit I gained as a loss either.

Hopefully it's not a plateau. There are going to be fluctuations here and there. It's hard to wrap my head around it though. The fact that I have 0 patience doesn't help!

You and I started within one day of each other so I just want to tell you that you aren't the only one to go through this up and down stuff.

It's hard but if we stick to it, it'll be worth it in the end.
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #3  

I just know how I am and the minute it looks like nothing is changing I start to get in my head "Ok its not working anymore " thats why if this a plateaus I am worried I will get very fusterated.

I am also a 0 patience person with this kind of thing so thats why I am thinking ok its going to start coming to a end now. I gotta get my mind thinking the other way somehow.

darn scale! nothing worse then following the rules and get no pay off!
I was hoping by the end of July to be down 10 more lbs. guess I should not jump the gun really. before I lost the 3 lbs that enitre week I lost 6oz! maybe monday will not be so bad
Old 07-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Steph, I hear you with the 0 patience thing... I have 11 lbs to go and I can't seem to get there.. I've been on a serious plateau for a month.. some of my doing, of course, but overall, I should have lost it by now. Unfortunately, patience is our best friend here even when we see no pay off for being good..

The last time I hit a serious plateau while being strictly POP, the girls at the COD had me really shake up my diet. My counselor told me to go to subway for lunch.. In general, eat things I had been avoiding (but still on plan)...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #5  

Oh gosh that would really feel weird!

Maybe i should totally flip my meals around like I did once before, salad at dinner and yogert for lunch. today I did yogert at breakfast which I had not done in weeks with half a bannana. then lunch I had salad with shrimp and manderine oranges, a bar at snack.

maybe I am getting used to the same things. I try and put in other things like tuna salad, stir fry with chicken etc.

thanks for listening to the vent
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

I definetely think mixing up the foods we eat and when matters.... It's all fine and good to eat the starches early, but once in a while, having them with dinner will keep your system on its toes.. Plus, flip floppin' meals can be fun.. I had a roast beef sandwich for breakfast a couple weeks ago.. Talk about strange...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #7  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Steph - about a month ago, I started stalling a bit...not a plateau, but my losses slowed down. I took some advice from everyone here and replaced a slimfast for lunch (1P, 1S), ate lean proteins like fish and chicken, and had grapefruit for my fruits...and I broke past it in a few days. I also agree with Dan in mixing up your foods. It seems like when I have a slice of pizza or Subway or just something that I would not normally have, it kicks my body back into weight loss mode. But just remember to drink extra water and even some lemon water on those days.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote