Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - July '07

meowee
07-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug: . . . and a very HAPPY CANADA DAY . . .

Well it's a brand new day and a brand new month . . . so . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
07-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Morning! Happy Canada Day!!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a healthy, happy day! :D

Ilene
07-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Happy Canada Day!! :carrot:

Very dreary day here :( .....

srmb60
07-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Mostly cloudy here too. But I'm a stubborn sort and have a bikini under a jogging suit just in case.

Happy Canada Day!

Ruthxxx
07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Cloudy and coolish but we are having a big music festival here so are just carrying on with it despite the cool and rain. It's Woodstock North with rain and mud last night but a sunny day right now. Tonight's groups include Prairie Oyster and Desert Heat and the evening ends with fireworks. Our little village will never be the same again!
HAPPY CANADA DAY,
Canadian Chicks!

meowee
07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Hope everybody is enjoying what's left of the long weekend. My son and his family (from Alberta) are arriving today to spend a couple of days -- I hardly get to see them, they live so far away -- My DIL is very, very allergic to cats. She has stayed here in the past (when there were 3 cats) and it is not a pretty sight. Now that there are 6 of them, she doesn't dare try sleeping in this house. Actually going to work out quite well. The granddaughters (age 4 and 13) will stay here so I get a nice visit with them. The parents will stay at a local Motel so they will actually get a little time alone for a change. My poor cats will go nuts . . . they are definitely not used to humans that are able to move almost as fast as they can. should be a fun couple of days. Will probably be a few tears from Angelia (the youngest) because of kitten scratches (unavoidable). Becky is old enough to realize it's going to happen. Jazz is her favourite anyway, so he'll get lots of cuddling time.

So . . . I don't know how much computer time I'll get for the next couple of days . . . but I will be thinking about you, gang, and will stop in whenever I get a chance. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you really soon . . . :carrot:

Ilene
07-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Hello all :wave:

It's a bit coolish this morning and windy ..... I'll go to the gym today and maybe bike later today, I should've biked early this morning but I got into housework...

canadian mom
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Well I had an eventful weekend. I finally go tmy hair cut It was to my butt now it is to my shoulders then my sunglasses broke right after so my DD1 and I came went and I got new ones, About 5 mins after my mom rop DD2 off DD1 comes home from a friends house screeming she broke her arm after 6hours in emerg and the possibility of surgery loomng over her head (they couldn't tell the damage at first cause she has odd arms because of a hyperextension she has and her growth plate) the diagnostics were she broke her arm but just missed the growth plate so no surgery but a really hungry tummy cause of the threat of surgery she couldn't eat. Then Yesterday was Canada Day so she is REALLY tired and sore. Summer gonna suck for her this year. we have to go into the fracture clinic to get checked out every week and xrays every so often to make sure it is healing alright and doesn't require surgery. On the good side I have droppped 2 pounds

I hope all is well with everyone else.

HeatherAngel
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Morning! :)

It's me, and I feel a thousand times more like my old self - yay! These hormones are nasty little beggars, aren't they? :yes:

Did my run this morning - thought I might have to stop and have a little cry in the middle, but I pushed through, and while I don't feel PHYSICALLY better, I do have an emotional high for just 'doing it'! :D

Meowee -have a lovely visit with you granddaughters - that sounds like it will be nice for you :)

Ruth - how was the concert? Sounds awesome!! I lay in the bath and watched the fireworks out of the window - it was surprisingly nice! :lol:

Ilene - can you come and clean my house - PLEASE?! :lol3:

Jen - wow - what a weekend!! Your poor daughter -hope that arm heals well - and fast!

Susan - if you didn't get a chance to flash that bathing suit yesterday, you just strut around the house in it today, girl! :D

Right - my mother is coming to stay with us while she recovers from her heart bypass, so I have to get the house set up and ready - will check in as and when... Have an awesome day!!

Heather :hug:

hefty1
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
hi i was in hospital with breathing problems. i am better now. i lost 18 lbs.
glen

Ilene
07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Canadian Mom -- you certainly did have an eventful weekend some of the events you couldv'e lived without!!

Hefty -- WOW 18lbs# lost :woohoo: Hope the breathing problems are better :hug:

Heather -- Hormones are the :devil: ... A good run always fixes the hormonal ups and downs....

The weekend was uneventful but went by really fast... Same ole, same ole in my neck of the woods...

srmb60
07-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Good morning! It's finally raining here. I can hear it and the street looks wet. I can't even remember the last time.

Ruthxxx
07-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Quick check-in.

The music weekend was great - except the techie who was going to do the fireworks got drunk, got fired and we were not able to have fireworks - $65K to be returned.

The weather looks a bit unsettled but I have been invited to a BBQ and fireworks on the Lake by some American friends tonight. I hope it clears.

Enjoy your Hump Day this short week!

HeatherAngel
07-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Morning all!

Glen, I hope you're feeling much better now! :hug: Way to go on 18 pounds down!!

Ruth - that's shocking about the firework techie - grrr! :nono:

Susan - this rain has me sitting here in my running clothes wondering if I don't go, will I be able to go later, and if I DO go, will I look like a poor contestant for a wet T-shirt contest!! :lol:

Jen, Ilene, Annette, everyone - :grouphug:

Right well, I'll have to drag this carcass out the door... later, chicks and chickens!

Heather :D

canadian mom
07-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Ocean is doing a lot better she is now up and playing. althought she misses her biking and running she is just happy that she can move and not experience pain.

I was down to 128 and now back to 130. I think it is from Canada Day eating and the medium butter carmel ice cap my friend brought me at 10:00 last night. It is also 2 weeks before TOM and I usually go up those weeks. Most people get a fe2w days to a week I get 2 weeks....not fair..lol

meowee
07-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Everybody . . . :grouphug:

Relatives have moved on and I'm exhausted.

See you later . . . :carrot:

Ilene
07-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Have a good rest Meowee!!

Rollerbladed with DD this morning and worked legs this afternoon...

Same ole, same ole...

HeatherAngel
07-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Good morning - still raining here... but much needed. Harumph.

I didn't run yesterday, but I am about to drag my carcass out today... it is a MUST!

Meowee - get lots of rest and find some time for yourself in there!!

Chat later, chickies -
Heather :)

meowee
07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

Would you believe . . . a bunch of relatives from Ontario just "popped" in unannounced this afternoon. Love to see them but wow, a little warning would have been nice. This is what happens when you live in a touristy-type of harbour town. At least nobody is staying with me tonight. So they are gone for the evening (I begged off dinner by promising to share lunch tomorrow).

Oh well, keeps me from getting bored . . . :D . . . See you all soon. :carrot:

chocco
07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Allo to all you wonderful chickies / chicks ( if any reading) !!!

Meowee I hope you had a wonderful time with your grandchildren , I hope you will be able to have some time to yourself soon. It' s always nice to see family but sometimes we need a break between visits . Plus it is nice to get some advance warning. I hope you still enjoy your company .

Heather , you are doing great , you are still hauling yourself out of bed in the morning for that run. I am having a hard time just rolling out of bed for my shower before work in the mornings . I do need to get back into excercise mode. Everytime i read your post i feel encouraged to go and excercise maybe one of these days i will get myself onto my treadmill.

Ilene , you are one brave woman getting on rollerblades . Holy cow !! I cannot see myself on wheels if they are not under my car. Way too accident prone .

Jen , glad to hear she is doing better , I hope it does not stop her from enjoying the summer .

Well i guess i will share my not great news , i was weighed Tuesday and did not loose anything but stayed the same. Actually i think that is not bad news either . I have been drinking more water since then and trying to stay on the straight and narrow. I left my weigh in with soar cheeks . My councillor is on vacation and the guy replacing him was so hot . I do not think i heard anything he said . NO I am not intersested, it was just nice to admire him . I kept holding my ring finger as I take it off before bed and i forgot to put it on before leaving . I just pretty much laughed at myself . Anyway that is about it . My husband just accused me of being addicted to this site. LOL What a nut .

talk to you all later

I hope the weather is nice for most of the country the next few days

annette

ChantyKitty
07-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Hello all,

I started eating salad a few days ago.I finally found a salad dressing i liked.Its low-fat French dressing.I haven't eaten salad in over 7 years.I'm glad this is part of my food choices.Its better than a big mac and Large fries.The salad is really good with Feta cheese,cucumbers,shredded carrots and peppers.

I joined the YMCA yesterday.I go with a friend of mine.I really enjoy it.I feel good after a workout.There's alot of hot guys too *giggles*

Chantal

srmb60
07-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Morning everyone!

Chantal ... what a lovely salad! And the YMCA ... I can just imagine you shrinking.

meowee
07-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

Hoping for a relatively quiet weekend. It's our annual Lobster Carnival weekend and (unfortunately) that almost always means it will be a rainy one. :( The town will be full of tourists, parades, musical events, etcetera, but I plan to stick pretty close to home.

Hope everybody has something fun planned for their day . . . see you later. :carrot:

HeatherAngel
07-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Morning - just a flying visit - have a great weekend!! :D

meowee
07-07-2007, 12:41 PM
HI . . . :wave:

chocco
07-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Good morning all ,

Just saying hi before i have to go to work. I hope everyones day is a good one. See ya all later .

annette

srmb60
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Good morning! it's going to be 33C here today. Thank heaven for the cooling effects of the Great Lakes huh? Whew!

I'm pretty glad my work is airconditioned!

meowee
07-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi all . . . :wave:

Oh boy I remember the so-called "Lake Effect" from my days in Toronto. Here in Nova Scotia, the Lake Effect (more commonly called the Atlantic Ocean) actually does do it's job at moderating the temperatures. too much so sometimes.

Have a great day everybody . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
07-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi, All!

My daughter and I are just back from Maine, where we were visiting a friend. It rained, and it rained, and it rained, and - well, you get the picture. But did that stop us?? No way! We went to the playground, we hiked, we went for walks, we enjoyed the Farmers' market, we ate yummy things from the Farmers' market....a GREAT time was had by all!

However, as Dorothy said, "There's no place like home...."

Meowee - sounds like you're running an "accidental" B&B up there! You must be very welcoming, to make your family feel so welcome!

Glen - Breathing problems sound scary! Are you ok now? Way to go on the 18 pound loss! (was it the hospital food?).

Everyone else - a big moving and shaking "hello" from the Lower 48!

We just came back from a soaking-wet walk in the rain, and need to wring ourselves out!

Have a great night, All!

Em

Ilene
07-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey Gang :wave:

Today started out to be a dull day but I made it to the gym did an hour of mostly UBWO and a bit of legs... This evening the skies suddenly cleared so DH, DS and I went for a bike ride it was nice, no wind, just perfect... Afterwards DH and I sat on the deck in the gazebo drinking wine and beer and feeding the stray cats ....

HeatherAngel
07-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Morning all!

I have been out for my run - they are getting easier, at last! :lol: - this morning, early, since it is supposed to be hot and thundery here again today. My mum and DH and I spent yesterday afternoon begin delightfully lazy and playing board games - it was a really nice day! :)

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day -

meowee
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

Another dull and cool day shaping up for Atlantic Canada. Must be that "great big lake effect" again . . . :D Lobster Carnival is over for another year and once again, the weather was not entirely cooperative.

Anyway . . . I've got things to do and places to go today . . . hope you all have a great moving and shaking bunch of fun stuff planned. See you later . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
07-09-2007, 12:16 PM
This summer has been an awful one for us hasn't it.I love the warm days and I want them back. I have uped my weights for a couple of my arm exercises. Man I look funny working out now I can only get in something like 8-6-6 but I will improve it is the only way to gain strnth and muscle so I have to push myself.

oldtimehockey
07-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Hi, All -

Rain, rain, go away, come agai - oh, wait! It stopped! Actually, the rain cleared this afternoon just in time for DD to have her very first swimming lesson! :swim: She goes to the house of one of my students in a neighboring town, and WOW! What a house this is - there's a pool, tennis court, beautiful gardens, and an amazing view of the ocean! She has four more weeks; maybe I can manage to move us in! :chin:

Ilene - sounds like a wonderful night out in the gazebo! But, were you feeding beer and wine to the stray cats???? ;)

Heather - board games are so much fun! Right now, we're pretty limited to Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders, but it won't be long to Pictionary and Cranium!

I can't believe that, after the crazy Maine weekend, I managed to lose 2 pounds! Must be all the fresh produce and vegetarianism....

Have a great Tuesday, All!

Em

ChantyKitty
07-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello group!:hug:

Its getting better for me.I'm being more careful at the mall.I drank a Jugo Juice drink and had a chicken wrap.I'm also going strong at the YMCA.

Have a good day all

Chantal

:)

meowee
07-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

chocco
07-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Good morning all,

It is grey skies out my way. I just got back in from weigh in and no suprise I have maintained . I expected this . I think for the summer that is my plan . Maintain and I will start up again in September.

I am off today and I think I am going to do some house chores and possibly get my 4yr old to help out a little with her toys.

Ok well see ya all later .

practiceliving
07-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Good morning all!

I'm off to a good start today, with a yummy breakfast eaten and a good lunch packed up before I left for work. It's *hot* in Vancouver today - supposed to hit 34 this afternoon, which is quite unusual out here. I'm not looking forward to playing softball in the heat, but I'll just load up on water and sunscreen.

meowee
07-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow that really is unusual for a Coast. We are still pretty cool down here but sounds like all you westerners are about to send us a bunch of your heat and humidity for tomorrow. Don't mind a little heat . . . but boy, sure could do without the humidity part. :(

Sounds like a good plan, Chocco . . . I think I've been 'practicing maintenance' all year so far . . . although tha'ts not what I've been trying to do. :(

Hang in there gang . . . see you tomorrow. :carrot:

chocco
07-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Good night all ,

I think tomorrow will be a good day to try some floor excercises .
Will let you know if i squeeze them into my schedule .
Today was good . My food choices were not good but not that bad either .
Have tried drinking more water than i have been lately ; as it is so important to keep flushing the toxins out of our bodies . ( if I can only keep that thought fresh in my mind ) I am contemplating starting up my daily food journal again .

Well Meowee even if you are not trying to maintain it is way better to maintain than to go up in number , I know it can be frustrating but I think you are doing great . Keep on trucking !!!

annette

meowee
07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh Ugh . . . :mad:

Remember the Tortoise . . . Remember the Tortoise . . . Remember the Tortoise . . . Hardly a day goes by that I don't say that to someone somewhere around 3FC.

Guess I just have to keep telling myself the same thing . . . especially every Wednesday as I watch my weight on my "official" day of the week sit about 2 pounds higher than it was the Sunday before . . . but, at least it is a magnificent 0.2 lower than it was last Wednesday. Oh well . . . the general direction is encouraging and the things I've learned and the good habits I've formed in the past year and a half are also encouraging. :D

Oh . . . yeah . . . Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug: . . . Have a great day and I'll see you all later . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
07-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Morning!

Hope everyone is doing well... my goodness, aren't we a very busy bunch?!

Annette - you sound like you have a very sensible outlook - well done, you! :)

Meowee, hope that humidity isn't bogging you down too much! :hug: How are those bad kittens? :joker:

Chantal - so glad things are looking up! :D

Practice - that's a lot of heat for the west coast - maybe you and Meowee could swap a bit and both be comfortable?? :lol:

Em - way to go on two pounds! Yay!! :D

Jen - I figure - who cares what we look like working out? ;) You go, girl!!

Chat later, chickies,

oldtimehockey
07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Good Morning, All!

Just a quick "peep" from Massachusetts - it isn't often that I get a chance to "peck in" in the a.m.!

Hey, Chantal - Keep up the good work! It really does get easier....

Chocco - My four year old loves to do housework. Where did she get THAT gene???? Oh, well - at least housework burns calories!

Meowee - That's right - "Slow and steady wins the race"! That's become my mantra on this weight loss journey. And I think sometimes I forget that it's a "life choice", and not a quick fix. Thanks for the reminder!

Heather - Thanks for the support! Although sometimes it feels like two pounds forward, five pounds back!

Hazy, hot, and humid today on the coast. But, as the local meteorologists around here like to say, we're expecting some "cool Canadian air" for the rest of the week. Thanks, guys!

I'm sure I'll pop in again tonight. Have a great day, All!

Em

practiceliving
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Morning all! Softball last night was satisfying - we played a good game, and boy did I ever work up a sweat - lots of base running in all that heat!

Meowee - maintenance is better than gaining, which has happened for me this week (GRR), and you are right - a slow, steady trend downwards is still down!

Since many of you seem farther along in your journeys than I am, any tips for turning things back in the direction I want them? I lost for a while pre-3FC, then maintained for a while, and in the last few weeks, a few pounds have slowly made their way back on... Any suggestions for getting my head back on track?

-Marianne

Clykk
07-12-2007, 01:19 AM
practiseliving I find if I look at my day the night before and make a plan, I have more success, if not complete success.
And then checking in here at 3FC first thing in the morning to let you all know what my commitment is, helps too. Then if I am thinking of going off plan, the 3FC support groups pop into my head. Sometimes that helps me stay OP.

srmb60
07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Morning folks! It's lovely in my part of Canada again today. We needed blankets last night! Gotta love that. Hot enough to enjoy the outdoors during the day and cool enough for blankets at night.

A poster called marblez is looking for WeightWatchers yogurt on the west coast. Anybody know?

HeatherAngel
07-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Morning! :wave:

I hear ya, Susan - it's so lovely today, and I slept SO well last night - not too hot, not too cool; just like Goldilocks! :D

My treadmill arrived yesterday and two burly men delivered it for me; after dinner, I made a start at putting it together... just about two hours later (and some VERY colorful language!) I had it all set up - it looks fab! I'm very excited, but I ran yesterday morning, so today is not a running day... but I might just have to 'play' with it anyway! :lol:

Just busy busy busy here - I'm quite tired looking after my mum, but I'm sure she'd do the same for me :)

Hope everyone has a great day, and the sun is shining where you are!

jaxjob
07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I didn't know there was a Canucks thread. Hello everyone :cool:.

It's HOT here again this week, and my kids are a little sunburned :o - not watching them closely enough outside. Oops. I feel as bad as them.

Thank goodness for basements for exercise, although getting back into running is hot - I didn't live here when I ran, but up north.

Well, I just wanted to say Hi to all the other Canucks.

Jax

canadian mom
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
It is humid here in NB. I want heat not humidity. i cannot go out cause of asthma so my poor kids r stuck inside.

practiceliving
07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Well yesterday I stopped on my way home from work to run some errands. Went to catch the bus home because it was HOT and humid (weird for Vancouver!)... and TWO buses drove past me! I walked home (a little over 1K flat, and another 1K up a huge hill) and was dripping with sweat by the time I got home. Yucky, but hooray for a little added exercise!

Heather - WOO HOO on the treadmill set up!

Susan - I'm in Vancouver, and I've never seen the WW yogurt at the grocery stores I shop at (IGA and Safeway). In fact, I don't think I've ever seen *any* WW products here.

meowee
07-12-2007, 04:27 PM

First off, thanks for all the humidity you sent east. :mad: Boy do I wish I could send it back. I know, I know . . . that'll teach me to complain about how unseasonably cold it has been this year. Yuck. Second I have to throw a little :tantrum: over my stupid scale. It was back to 226.6 this morning; naturally, now that it's not official. :( Oh well, at least I know that number is out there somewhere. :) Since I'm feeling a little jaded about this weight-loss-stuff today; thought I give you this little list to add to your pile of reading for today . . . :D

D I E T is a four-letter word . . . that really means . . .

Disallowing Imperfection Equals Trouble
Dangerously Inadvisable Eating Tactics
Deprivation Inevitable Everything Taboo
Donít Imagine Eating Treats
Definitely Inviting Eternal Torment
Deceptive Industry Eating Trap
Desperately Impossible Eating Targets
Doomed Investment Every Time
Determined Initial Enthusiasm Temporary
Done In Every Time
Deny Ingesting Everything Tasty
Did I Eat Today

Hope you all have a really great day . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

chocco
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone ,

It is gross weather here today . It is muggy (is that how you write muggy) anyway , I have had a bad day at work and I could actually feel my blood pressure rise. I had pain in my arm and in my chest . I was so mad and worked up . My manager has no tact and we just do not see eye to eye. I wish she would get off her high horse . Oh well i was able to leave work due to it being slow about 1hr earlier than my shift end . Now i have a really bad craving for not so healthy foods and i may go to Dairy Queen later as I have to stop next door for my daughters Dance pictures . I can't wait !!! Hee he he they are finally ready .

Oh yeah . I said i would give a follow up . I did not get off my butt the other day . I did not do my workout , however I did clean some of the house. I am considering that my workout. I did break a sweat . Hee he he .

Marianne - I think if you can get your food ready and freeze it ahead of time , it is that much quicker to just grab something out of the freezer than trying to figure out what you feel like eating and then making it .

see ya all later , I have to go help my husband , our 4 1/2 yr old is filthy , she just came in from playing in the muddy driveway . at least her hair isn't dirty.

annette

WaterlooGirl
07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Everyone :)

I'm new here, and wanted to say this looks like a really great forum, I think this is going to help out a lot :)

meowee
07-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

Well . . . it's Friday the 13th again . . . and it looks like another humid one here in Atlantic Canada . . . OMG, I hate the humidity, even when it isn't particularly hot, it just seems so enervating. :( Nothing big on my agenda for today . . . think I'll just hibernate.

Welcome to the group, WATERLOO, and :wel3fc:. You've definitely come to a good place for lots of support while travelling down the long winding road to better health and fitness. I'm originally from Ontario. Born and raised in Toronto and then lived in Kitchener for about 10 or 11 years before I was transferred down here to Nova Scotia. K-W is great. So close to Toronto (if you want to go there) and yet so wonderfully different. :D

Anyway, gang, hope you all have a great (and lucky) day. See you soon. :carrot:

HeatherAngel
07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Morning all! :wave:

Welcome WaterlooGirl - I'm in Kitchener - small world! :lol:

Not much of news today - just popping in - have a great day everyone and I will try to stop in on the weekend!!

practiceliving
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome, WaterlooGirl! I'm pretty new here, too, and love it so far. :)

Today is shaping up to be warm and humid out here. I've found that with all this extra heat this week, my appetite has gone down a lot. Anyone else experience this when it gets hot?

Chocco - thanks for the tip. I don't know how well that would work for me, with feeding DB as well. Hmm. I think I really need to impress upon DB that I simply *cannot* eat portions as large as his - he has very different caloric needs than I do, and was blessed with a wicked-fast metabolism.

meowee
07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Today is already looking better than yesterday. The humidity has dropped back to a more tolerable level.

Hope you all have a great moving and shaking day planned . . . see you later. :carrot:

canadian mom
07-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Today we are walking downtown to the pool (about 1 hour) and then to another park to celebrate my Step-dads b-day then will probably walk home. I need the walk cause my eating has been off all week since I had my bday cake on Saturday. My mom made it and it is not adapted to my lifestyle I guss the sugar got to me so aftr the cake today I am going back on track. I am lucky though I have kept in my 128-130 range.

srmb60
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
We needed some rain and got a lovely shower this afternoon, but we did not need the dumping down pour we just got. Lawdy, the crops will wash away. T-storm warnings too!

meowee
07-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi gang :wave:

This is not shaping up to be one of my better days, so far . . . http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/angry019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) . . . hopefully it will improve.

Hope everybody else is having a great morning . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

chocco
07-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Good morning girls ,

I am just finishing up breakfast and getting ready for work, today is a beautiful foggy grey day . Hopefully it will improve later or tomorrow as my weekend is tuesday and wednesday . With any hope possibly i will be able to leave work early .

I almost hope to have gained weight this week , just to teach me a lesson . I already know what happens when you overindulge however so far i have been going over board too much and maybe a kick in the pants is just what is needed to get back into some better eating habits .Well weigh-in is tomorrow so we will see .

got to go finish making myself beautiful . LOL As if that can happen without makeup . lol Oh wait , i dont even wear makeup . i guess people will just have to cope with plain jane . he he he !!!

Hope everyones day is a good one . bye for now

annette

meowee
07-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Morning :grouphug: . . . It's a brand new work-week for those of you who still do. Hope it's a good one. ;)

Annette . . . Never, never wish for a weight GAIN . . . takes too long to get rid of it again. Just get your act together and move forward and downward, chickie . . . You can do it. :yes:

Looks like an instant replay of yesterday around here. Tell me again why I want all these little fur-covered cyclones living in my house? Six cats sometimes feels like ten too many. At least it's definitely not dull and boring. :D I've been up since 4:30 and I'm exhausted already. Boy I wish I had their energy. Looks like it will be a long day. Lots of errands to run today and it's already pretty warm and humid at 9 am. :( Might just have to plan a nap into my afternoon.

Anyway, gang . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day on the go . . . See you later . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
07-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Hi, All!

Welcome, Jax and Waterloo! :welcome3:

I've been working, working, working - 2 house and pet sitting jobs, and 2 babysitting jobs just to make ends meet. I'm tired and cranky all the time, and I feel awful having to take my 4 year old here and there and everywhere trying to just keep our heads above water....and THEN, to have to think about what I'm supposed to eat and NOT supposed to eat??!! I haven't the energy (or time) to exercise, and my brain just isn't functioning with regard to the food choices. I feel like throwing in the towel until the end of the summer (when I'm down to just 2 jobs), but I don't want that feeling of failure.

AAARRRGGGG!!!!! :tantrum:

Ok, I'm better. It's been really, really hot down here in MA, with some terrible humidity. Susan, I really like the sound of sleeping with the blankets on! Could you send some cooler air down here (with a big helping of "resolve" and "willpower")? Thanks!

I'm going to bed! Thanks for letting me rail!

Em

srmb60
07-17-2007, 01:26 AM
:dust: but I don't think there's a smilie for cold.

jaxjob
07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
It's hot here too :cool:, I'd like to be able to sleep with blankets too! I'd take the 34 degree days if it would only cool down at night. That's what makes me grumpy. Although in the winter I'm sure I'll want less blankets. ;)

Even running at 5:30 this morning was hot - 20 degrees, which isn't that hot for running usually, but it seemed to me that way today. I'm still sweating sitting here at the 'puter - maybe the humidity is up. I wish it would just rain. Hopefully next week will be cooler - we'll be in Jasper for DS hockey school, but it was 34 degrees there last year! I'm hoping it's more normal this year, as I'd like to run or bike every day since I won't be lifting in the trailer! No room for weights.

Susan, thanks for the protein pancake idea/recipes. Yum! Even DS ate them and it's often a challenge getting him to try new stuff. I used oat bran cereal instead of oatmeal since that's what I had, and they were great with raspberries and yoghurt.

Weight loss has stalled for a couple of weeks, but I'm not following the greatest routine so I'm not unhappy - no gains. I'm still learning a lot from FitDay about what I can eat and how it affects me (weight, energy, mood) and will be able to be more structured once the boys are all in school in Sept. It will be odd not to have any of them home all day!

Snuggles to all,
Jax

practiceliving
07-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Em - instead of throwing in the towel, can you pick one or two things to focus on til life lets up a bit? Making sure you get a certain number of servings of vegetables each day instead of trying to be "on" all the time, that sort of thing? Keep the healthy habits going without obsessing over them!

Jax and others - good luck with all the heat! Vancouver's finally cooled down a bit, although we have rain in the forecast for the next few days. Grass is always greener, eh?

I'm hoping the rain lets up soon - if it rains too much, softball will be cancelled tonight, and I am looking forward to it!

Ilene
07-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey gang, I am still here... Last week was pretty hectic so I didn't post much ... We had to put down our older cat because of kidney failure... then we found a cute kitten but it also had to be put down because it had FIV Feline aids :faint: who wouda thunk :rolleyes: ... So this week life is normaler (is that a word?) So I'm back posting :D ...

Welcome to all the newbies :welcome:

chocco
07-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Man i just used the tab key and I lost what i just wrote . plus i can't get my smilies to work . ( this is where i would have a red mad smilie)

Ilene , I hope this week goes better .

Well girls , weigh-in was this morning and I lost 1/2 lbs . I am not sure how this happenned but anyway Yippie !! I am going to try this week choosing to change 3 things this week. 1- bringing more fruit choices for my snack at
work .
2- drinking 2-3 litres of water each day
3- cutting out products with refined sugar

well everyone ta tah for now

annette

meowee
07-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi all . . . :wave:

This has been a hectic day and I've been having computer problems, too (cable company says they are working at it) -- been up and down like the proverbial toilet seat.

Hopefully things will be more predictable tomorrow . . . see you gang. :carrot:

HeatherAngel
07-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Just a very VERY quick hello :wave:
No time this week... no time this week...

Thinking of you all!

meowee
07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Looks like I'm in the computing world again. Also looks like one more nice sunny day here on the Atlantic coast before the rain moves in again. Oh well, guess this isn't Camelot is it? :D

Nothing exciting on my agenda for today . . . probably the challenge of keeping up with the antics of the kitten triplets will be challenging enough. :dizzy:

Hope everybody has a great day . . . see you soon. :carrot:

practiceliving
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey all!

Well the rain let up long enough for us to play a dry game last night. We lost to a really unsportsmanlike team, which is really frustrating. :mad: I also weigh-in tomorrow, so fingers crossed for a good, LOWER number, please! ;)

Chocco - WOO HOO on your loss. Keep going!

Ilene - I'm so sorry for your losses. How awful. :(

oldtimehockey
07-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi, All!

Whew! I'm feeling much better today. The weather may be grey, but my mood is decidedly more sunny!

Practiceliving - Thanks for the ideas! You're absolutely right - so I've made a point for the past day or so to just do 2 things -- increase water and increase veggies. The towel has not been thrown in yet!!!! And hey - good luck on that weigh-in tomorrow!!!!

Ilene - I'm so sorry about the losses! I do hope things get better all around.

Annette - YAY! for the weight loss! YIPPEE!

Jax - Our weather here on the East coast seems to be on a cooling trend. Hopefully, we can wish some of it your way!

Ok, All - I have to run. I'll check in soon!

Em

srmb60
07-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Muggy, muggy, muggy .... almost misty on the drive home, ya know?
But I've been able to walk everyday this week, so I'm happy.

jaxjob
07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Hot :hot: and muggy here today too - and was 24 degrees at 5 a.m. :flame: They have been talking about rain for a couple of days now but it just keeps getting pushed back in the forecast. It's really windy so maybe something will blow in (other than more heat).

I wimped out on this morning's run, don't think I got enough sleep last night! I think I'll use the exercise bike in the basement, it's going to be hot and sweaty still but I need to do something. Sat. will be my day off since we're drivng to Jasper (where it's forecast to be MUCH cooler) that day. I upped my weights yesterday for my "Ripped" video so I can feel the effects of that too.

On a more positive note - today I am (unofficially) down 20lbs from start!! I count my weekly weigh-ins on Sunday - although it will have to be Saturday this week, but today I was 175.4!! At the beginning of this (end April) I was 195.6 so I am down 20lbs!!! Woo hoo!!!!! :yay: Still a way to go but I'm celebrating any and all stages on this journey. Won't change the ticker until official weigh-in day is past.

Well I hope everyone has cool sunny days,
Jax

meowee
07-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Yippee on the milestone JAX . . . :hug: and :high:

It's raining like wild here today. Yuck . . . Oh well. Still have many places to go and things to do, so I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . See you all later . . . :carrot:

practiceliving
07-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Em - good plan! Keep it up!

Jax - WOO HOO for you!

My good news for the morning: weighed in and I am officially 10lbs down! This is big for me - this is where things all fell apart last time, and I'm determined for that not to happen now! Hooray for adding another little dancing thing to my sig!

srmb60
07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
practiceliving ... don't leave us ... post every day at least once ... hang in. We'll help you get past your normal 'stop' and continue on like we know you can!

So humid today. I schvetted while I was walking and it twarnt pretty!

oldtimehockey
07-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Hi, All!

Just a quick "hello" :wave: before I hit the hay. We had a steady rain today, but it didn't stop me from shooting hoops with my four year old. Man, she's quite the task master! I was sooooo tempted to eat snack after snack today (the unhealthy kind :nono: ), but refrained from all but a couple of "nugget-sized" pretzels after the b-ball marathon.

Jax and Practiceliving - :bravo: Keep providing that much-needed inspiration to the rest of us!

My little one and I are off to New Hampster this weekend (Saturday-Sunday) with my ex and his sister and her husband. Should be interesting! Hopefully, we can get in some hiking, swimming, and canoeing!

I'm feeling good. Good night, All! :yawn:

Em :goodvibes

meowee
07-20-2007, 04:27 PM

Boy I don't seem to have done much today but what little I did certainly ate up a lot of time . . . :dizzy: . . . no idea where the day has gone.

Have a great evening . . . hope to see you all tomorrow . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't post much now but I read this every so often. well DD1 gets her cast off next week. The Doctor will not be in so he said for me t do it. It is only a partial cast (casting behind her arm to keep it still ,wrapped in elasto bandage this week ) so no siccors just need to remive the pins and voila she wil be able to go swimming again (doctors orders lol). She will still need her sling off and on for the next 3-4 weeks until it is completly healed and NO monkey bars.

meowee
07-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Another sticky, humid, rainy day . . . Ugh . . . Oh well, nothing planned but a little shopping.

Hope everrybody has a great day . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
07-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Good morning my Canuck friends!

I honestly have no news - I've just been crazy busy this week with the summer camp; to be honest, it will be a relief when it is over (next Saturday night0 and I have some time to myself again... well, for a week, until the next one starts! :lol:

I hope everyone is doing well, moving, shaking and making good choices!

Chat soon -

chocco
07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Allo , nothing much to report or share .
Just popping in to see what is going on .
well got to go to bed , i feel like my eyes are about to shut themselves plus I have to work in the morning .
Thank goodness i have some vacation coming up starting tues . Yippee !!
I hope everyone is doing well this weekend .

good night all , don't let the bed bugs bite ! hee he he

annette

meowee
07-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Gee, it's raining, again . . . supposed to be the last day for a little while, though. Hope so.

See you later, gang . . . :carrot:

practiceliving
07-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, I'm just checking in too! Spent yesterday on the couch reading Harry Potter, and that seems to have set the tone for a laaazy weekend.

meowee
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

We've got sunshine. :sunny: I'm going out to play. See you later. :carrot:

Ilene
07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
:wave:

It's going to be a scorcher for the next couple of days :hot: ... Bring it on babee :beach:

practiceliving
07-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Ohhh send me some sunshine! We're still having gross weather - the kind of damp grey that makes a good book and a blanket more attractive than running shoes and a rain jacket! ;)

I discovered my old pilates DVD this week, so I think it's time to make use of it again! My mini-goal is 190lbs by Labour Day - that's six weeks today... at the rate I've been going, it will be tough, but I'm determined to do the best I can.

srmb60
07-24-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm kind of giggling at the weatherman this morning. I watched him last night, apologising to the farmers and this morning we got quite a nice little rain. It can stop soon tho' ... I'd desk clerking and I'd really like to go for a walk at lunch.

chocco
07-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Good morning all ,

My husband left the sleeping bags outside so they can dry . Well the weather man was wrong so they are soaked . Today i get weighed . I expect nothing has happenned weight wise . I hope the weather clears up . I have officially started my VACATION !!! We have no big plans just relaxation and playing with the girls .

I will report back after I come back from weigh-in .

see ya all later .

annette

HeatherAngel
07-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Morning all - no interesting news to report - just a quick hello, and I am off to camp (and running late!) :wave:

Stay happy and healthy and make good choices... mine are a little high on the calorie scale this week!

Heather

chocco
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon ,

OK , so i just got back from weigh-in and no good news . I have gained 3/4lb this week. Still not so bad since i had 3 peices of pizza last night around 8pm
plus I am feeling bloated due to almost TOM. Actually other than feeling tired , probably from lack of activity/excercise I feel good about myself . I even put mascara on this morning and dried my hair ; not to mention went to walmart and bought myself some shoes . Talk about pampering oneself . I think I spoiled myself today. LOL

Hope everyone is doing great and focused on whatever your goal is . My goal for this week is drinking more water . My four year old is screaming at my 14month old . Must go !!

annette

meowee
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
We've got hot, humid but :sunny: so not everything is bad. It's been a busy day so far and I'm still on the run.

Have a great day, gang . . . later . . . :wave:

oldtimehockey
07-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi, All! :broc:

We made it back from our whirlwind 24 hours in New Hampshire! It was fun, as we crammed as much activity as can be crammed into a 24 hour span -- swimming, throwing the ball, kayaking with my 4 year old (it was her first time in a kayak), and hiking (it was a mile from where we park to where the cabin is). :swim::running:

The eating wasn't bad - a hot dog or two, 2 small blueberry pancakes, but the rest was relatively healthy. However, I'm not feeling great. :barf: Yesterday and today I feel sluggish and heavy, and I feel like it's hard to breathe. The weather was gorgeous today, so it's not the heat or humidity (which is coming to stay for the next few days!), but I am exhausted, and haven't been eating many veggies or drinking a whole lot of water, so I'm hoping that's it (oh, and being waaayyy overweight might have something to do with it, too....). I think I'll take Susan's advice and "eat less, eat clean".

Sounds like everyone is enjoying their summer. :beach:

Heather - What kind of camp work do you do? I was a summer camp director for years (a natural history day camp for the Massachusetts Audubon Society). Camp work is veerrrryyy difficult!

Annette - Happy Vacation!

And Happy Vacation to everyone else who's taking time off!

Good Night, All!

Em

srmb60
07-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Good morning!

Em ... there's some days when Susan should pay more attention to her own advice :o

I don't really have anything of note to say.
I'm excited that our long term forecast says around 25-26 for weeks to come with a couple of rain predictions. Sounds lovely.

I blow-dried my hair yesterday and looked at mascara :D

I've had a couple of good days and feel empowered by that. For me, it's a real boon to put little servings of protein in small baggies in the fridge. I'm then mindful of eating something healthy and low fat at any old snack time.

Oh and I've been trying to find out if there is a weight loss registry in Canada like the one in the states. You should see the goofy form emails I get back!

Here's one ...The CHN provides health information that focuses on how to stay healthy and
prevent disease and injury. While your request falls outside the area of
information that the CHN provides,

um so yer sayin' that sustained weight loss is outside the area of information wrt to healthy and preventing disease and injury?????

Oy government!!
I have been invited to do some quizzes and read about the importance of daily physical activity!

I'll let you know if I find anything cool.

canadian mom
07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
well the heat is here but I could do without the humidity cause it keeps us in the house. Ocean took her cast off today and still cannot get in the pool. I may take it out after supper whn it cools down a bit just so they can say they got wet. lol. I have been maintaning 128-130 I get a tooth pulled Friday maybe I will lose and keep a pound gone then.lol

srmb60
07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Cityline was good today! My butt hurts!
Joe Rich said something ... I wonder if I can find it online.

practiceliving
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
So the sun has come back out, finally! We had 7 straight days of rain here - broke a record and everything! The softball field was swampy last night, so my runners are spending a day drying out, then I'll send them through the wash - they are dirty and mud-stinky. Yuck!

Tonight I'm off to play beach volleyball for the first time in years. Very nervous!

Susan - keep me posted on finding something like the NWCR. One of my goals was to get registered after I lose this weight, but if Canadians can't, I'll have to tweak that goal!

srmb60
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, actually they do take international participants.
Try here http://www.nwcr.ws/

practiceliving
07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Oh, thanks Susan. I can keep that goal on my list! :carrot: I had thought they did take int'l participants, but I think I was confused when you said this:

Oh and I've been trying to find out if there is a weight loss registry in Canada like the one in the states. You should see the goofy form emails I get back!

It'd be neat to find one that just has stats for us Canucks, too, so keep me posted if you find one!

oldtimehockey
07-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Hi, All!

Just a quick "howdy" before bed. I've had insomnia for the last few nights; I hope it goes away quickly! Also, my car died today. I'm told it's probably the fuel pump, but who knows. The mechanic can't even look at it until late Thursday afternoon. Oh, to have a new car....

Boy, I'm just a wealth of good news tonight, eh?

I'll check back in tomorrow!

Em

HeatherAngel
07-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Morning all -

Just two more days of camp... if I don't count ALL DAY (9am-9pm) on Saturday...hmmmm... nah - I don't want to think about THAT day! :lol: Em - it is a performing arts day camp, but of course we keep them busy doing all the 'campy' things and integrating them into the play - Papier Mache, tie-dying (that's today - :eek:), building sets and props and costumes and so on. It's exhausting, but the kids love it, so it's all good! :)

Upping my running today from 2.5 miles to 2.75, so that should wear me out enough to fall into bed - :joker:

Have a great day everyone!

meowee
07-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

Another hot and steamy day . . . Summer got off to a slow start here in Atlantic Canada but now it seems determined to make up for lost time.

Have a great day, Canuks . . . :carrot:

chocco
07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Allo ,

OMG it is hot and muggy. Took a nap with my 4yr old and she she kept pulling the blanket over herself . She was sweating like crazy .

canadian mom
07-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Tomorrow I get teeth pulled I am not looking forward to it but I will get some time away from the kids they are driving me crazy we have been stuck inside all week cause of the heat. We go out after supper but it is still not enough to calm them down but anyways i am hoping totalk the dentist in to pulling the one on my right and we do my left wisdom teeth another time Insted of the other way around.

chocco
07-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Good night everyone , today was a scorcher . Jen I hope everything goes well tomorrow at the dentists office . I also hope the weather stays warm but cools off so you can enjoy the outside a little more with the kids .

tootles , time to hit the hay !

annette

oldtimehockey
07-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Good Evening, All -

Well, I got a call yesterday from the mechanic about my car, and there was NOTHING wrong with it! Every time he started it, it started, sans a single problem. There must be gremlins in the engine....:devil: I wish he had found something wrong, and fixed it; the only advice he was able to give me was to keep my AAA card handy. Gee, thanks!

We're in the "hazy, hot, and humid" club here, too. :flame: My 4-year-old and I went to the beach at 7 p.m., and it was just beautiful. :beach: It looks like we're in for thunderstorms for the weekend. :rain:

Jen - Good luck at the dentist! :crossed:

Annette - My 4-year-old is exactly the opposite; off with the blanket, sheet, and pajamas!! :o

Ok, enough with the frivolity (is that even a word??!!). Time for a shower and bed. :tired: Have a great weekend, All!

Em

meowee
07-28-2007, 10:25 AM
:wave:

srmb60
07-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Well, we've been hootin' around the country-side today. We were in Wingham, Cambridge and Hamilton. Did I pass close by anyone?

oldtimehockey
07-29-2007, 02:46 AM
Hi, All -

Just a quick note to say "hello".

Susan - Just a few kilometers south, and you could've stopped in for a glass of lemonade!

I hope everyone's having a great weekend. There's enough humidity down here to blanket the continent!

Em

chocco
07-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Good morning all.
It is foggy here this morning . It should be lifting soon. I am so excited today we are leaving for Moncton to go see my parents. I only live a couple of hours away but we rarely go visit . We will be there til tuesday. We will be going to the beach , where the waters are warmer (shediac area). the waters are usually quite cold around the Saint John area due to it being the Bay of Fundy. Anyway , I hope everyone has a nice few days . I need to go get ready now .

annette

HeatherAngel
07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Good morning, chickies!

Whew! Camp is over (until the next one - but I have a week off - yay!) and I am EXHAUSTED! Still, all that running around made sure I wasn't gaining!! :)

Jen - how was the dentist? Hope you are feeling okay and it was not as bad as it sounds :( :hug:

Susan - You know you were nearby - but I was at the theatre all day anyway! :lol:

Annette - have a WONDERFUL visit with your parents - and chat when you get back! :wave:

Em - you can keep your humidity - I don't want it! :joker: The car is an odd blessing, isn't it? No bill.... yet! Good luck!!

Meowee - how ARE you? Busy, by the looks of it... how are those kittens? Getting big and staying out of trouble?? :)

Okay - I'm goign to potter around the house today and play 'catch-up' on all my chores I had no time to do for two weeks, so I'll pop in again tomorrow - have a great day everyone!!

meowee
07-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Hello again . . . :wave:

Yes, I'm busy. Also too warm and slightly 'out of sorts' too . . . Don't know if you noticed on the weather station but Atlantic Canada has been setting humidex records for the past few days. We usually have a very 'soft' climate in Nova Scotia -- fairly mild in the winter and fairly cool in the summer -- as compared to the central parts of the country. Not this year. :mad: It's raining today and although it's still hot and sticky, anything (like the lack of sun) that drops the temperature a couple of degrees is very welcome. :yes:

Yes, the kittens are getting bigger and bigger . . . No, they are definitely NOT staying out of trouble. Frickle is still "watering" the couch (hopefully the pheremone diffuser on it's way from Ontario will put an end to that) and Freckle has "blessed" a couple of unexpected places in the past week. He's starting to smell and act like a "tom-cat". Only two weeks and two days until the big "fix-em-operations". Hopefully between that and the special Feliway diffuser, these nasties will soon be over. :dizzy: Other than that; they are totally delightful.

Anyway, I'd better get myself moving and shaking. I've put off going out for some groceries just about as long as possible waiting for a little bit of a break in the weather and I guess today is it. Hope everybody else is having a really great sunday. See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi . . . :wave:

Boy I'm getting tired of this hot and steamy weather.

Bye . . . :wave:

HeatherAngel
07-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey - where is everyone today? Meowee's busy and SHE popped in - :lol3: - !!! Oh wait - am I having a blond moment - it's not a holiday that I forgot, is it?! :joker:

Hope that all you crazy chickies are doing fabulous things! Chat tomorrow -

srmb60
07-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm around. Nothing to report. I'm having a quiet couple of days off and thoroughly enjoying them.

Has CanadianMom been around? I've wonder how her face is feeling?

jaxjob
07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone,

We're back from Jasper - I didn't really follow any set plan when there and gained 0.8 lb on returning - some of which I KNOW is water. So it gives me a good idea of how to manage maintenance, when I get to that point. Back on track for losing now and considering it an educational experience.

Still super-hot here - apparantly the hottest July in Medicine Hat since 1937 (which I DON'T remember LOL!) After hiking, biking and such in the mountains, it's taking lots of will power to get into the basement and do exercise DVDs again. I need to do Ripped today to get back to the weights. :wl:

I am a little annoyed with the person who is supposed to be fixing my treadmill, he called while we were away to say it's either the incline motor or the circuit board - and he's waiting for a call from Pacemaster on costs. Well I KNOW that's the problem, I told him that when I took it in. His job was to find out which, as well as costs! Grrrrrrrrrr! :mad: Doesn't look as though I'm getting it back any time soon.

Well, setting my feet on the downward path again. I think I'm going to try setting my calories a little higher than I had, and see where it goes. I was finding things a little restrictive, and if the losing slows down too much I'll try a drop again. Trying 1500-1600 for the next couple of weeks.

Snuggles to all,
Jax

meowee
07-31-2007, 09:39 AM
OMG another hot and steamy day . . . this is getting very tiresome. I'm not coping well with this at all.

Hope you are all having a fairly decent day in spite of (or because of) the weather.

HeatherAngel
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Morning! welcome back Jax - that is very frustrating about your treadmill; I am having a love affair with mine, and I'd be lost without it now!! Hope that gets fixed soon!

Hi Susan - glad you're having - and enjoying! - a couple of days off!! :)

Meowee - your weather is unbelievable right now! I guess at this point, you can almost (gasp!) look forward to autumn!! :o

Nothing of news here - some people to make visits to today that I ahven't seen in a while, and some household chores, nothing exciting. Have agreat day, all! :wave:

chocco
07-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Allo everyone ,

just got back from visiting with my parents and it was nice to be away for a while . We went to the beach Sunday night , about 5mins after we got in the water it started to down poor ; we were already wet so we stayed in for a little while longer . My 15month old thought it was just awesome and my 4yr old was telling me how wet she was getting in the water . LOL We visited with my aunt for a while as well and went to my little brothers house . He is 26yrs old and just bought his first house. He has a pool so we went for a swim while we were there .

I missed my weigh in . I should have gone this morning , I will be going tomorrow morning instead . I am not looking forward to it . I had some hearty foods while at my parents house and i am sure the numbers will tell an interesting story . Oh well , vacation is almost over 1 more week before I head back to work . We may go camping for 1 night this weekend , we will see . We just bought a new tent with a built on screen room . I would love to try it out.

Anyway i will be on my way . I will report back tomorrow after weigh-in.

Annette

practiceliving
07-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Oof, I've had a not-so-good week, food-wise. I just haven't had ANY motivation to cook or pick up healthy take-out. I'm on track for my exercise this week, at least, so I think that's keeping me from gaining.

I really need to kick this weight loss into higher gear. Losing 0.5lb here and there isn't cutting it for me; I don't care so much about how MUCH at a time, I just want to see some more consistent losses. I know that this means getting the eating and exercise going TOGETHER, but sheesh. :P

srmb60
08-01-2007, 06:27 AM
The OPP and Quebec police caught that fella who murdered that couple near here. That was a pretty weird time in our quiet rural area!

And ... happy August everyone!

jaxjob
08-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Finally! a cooler morning here. 14 degrees instead of over 20. Feels much better, although the house hasn't cooled that much yet.

Back to pre-vacation weight this morning - confirming that much of the small gain was water. Yippee!

Happy August to you all,
Jax

meowee
08-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh wow, JAX . . . I really hope you are sending that cooler stuff my way . . . It's another hot and sticky one here. Supposed to be a little better though -- guess only time will tell.

Anyway, gang . . . it's that time again . . . here's a link to our clubhouse for the month of AUGUST. . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1798649#post1798649

I'll be looking forward to continuing our cluckfest over there . . . see you soon . . . :carrot: