Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH STEP AWAY FROM THE JU JUBES AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!!! I USED TO EAT THEM TOLO BUT DON'T REMEMBER THE BLACK ONES. GLAD YOU STRAIGHTENED US OUT ON THE ELEPHANT BEING DEMOCRAT!
PAINTER & SUZI~ TO JUMANJI, WHERE CRAZINESS REIGNS AND MIRACLES HAPPEN. MAKE THE MOST OF IT!

PAINTER~ EMPTY NEST SYNDROME? I CAN LEND YOU MY DAUGHTER, HER BEAU AND HIS 2 KIDS.
SO NICE TO SEE YOU AND HOPE THE NEW YOU CONTINUES!! NICE LOSS...8 LBS!! GOOD IDEA WITH THE BITE IT, WRITE IT. I HAVE A PAD OF POST-ITS SITTING HERE DOING NOTHING. WILL GET BUSY.

SUZI~ I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BROTHER. SENDING MANY GOOD THOUGHTS ANd FOR BOTH OF YOU. WILL KEEP HIM IN MY THOUGHTS ALONG WITH THE OTHERS ON THIS THREAD. IT'S BEEN A TOUGH TIME FOR SO MANY. HOPE TOO THAT YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER JOB YOU LIKE. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CV.
VERY GLAD YOU FOUND US.

WE WERE GETTING READY TO TAKE UP A COLLECTION TO HIRE A DETECTIVE TO FIND ALL THE STRAY CHICKS AND ROUND THEM UP.

I HAVE A FUNNY STORY....WELL IT'S FUNNY TO ME..
I HAVE BEEN CUTTING MY OWN HAIR SINCE LAST YEAR. NOT DOING TOO BAD A JOB OF IT UNTIL YESTERDAY. THE PONYTAIL SLIPPED OUT OF MY HAND AND THE OTHER HAND KEPT CUTTING AND NOW I NEED SOMEONE TO COME AND FIX IT!!
THE TOP AND SIDES ARE FINE BUT THE BACK IS MISSING ABOUT 3 INCHES! I LOOK GREAT FROM THE FRONT!!
I NEED A BASEBALL CAP!! GOING TO HAVE ROSIE IN THE OFFICE CALL HER FRIEND THAT MAKES HOUSE CALLS.
I AM SITTING HERE CRACKING UP.
OTHER THAN THAT NOTHING IS NEW.
HAPPY TUESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #17  

Relaxed???

I really am very relaxed.

Just waking up at 9am :shock: I slept 10 glorious hours!!!! With this cold I have averaged about 4-5 hours a night. Kids slept 12 hours. Yippee.

We had a really nice long Canada Day weekend. Much festivity and good convo. Lots of long walks.

This is where my parents currently live and where I have spent many a weekend or week all my life. It is always extra busy and fun on holidays.

http://www.grandbend.com/

Photo gallery
http://www.grandbend.com/gallery/index.htm

Much puttering to do but it will be leisurely.

To Do
-feed us
-shower
-take hair supplies to shop
-groceries
-library to sign up for summer reading club for the kids
-AVON!!
-make a nice hearty yummy supper

Our temps are perfection, really. We are desperate for rain, tho, unlike much of the States.

Food had been really good. I have upped the fruit and veg and staying on it. Got lots of walking on the weekend. I need to keep up the momentum.The house is in pretty good shape. Need to keep thta up too. I looked in to haveing our livingroom professionally painted. It will be about $700.00. It needs much work. Hubby will think it is too much. I want to paint all the trim in the whole house now that the floors are done upstairs and it all needs to done desperately anyhow.The paint itself will be over $200.00.

Anyhow. Have a great day!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #18  

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/63/1763/gal1106/
Jumanji Movie still pics.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/63/1763/summary.php
Movie info.

We can rent a "Jumanji" home in South Africa. It looks lovely.
http://www.southafricanholidayhome.co.uk/
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #19  
Happy September

SOMEONE JUST SENT ME THE CUTEST CARD FOR THE FORTH OF JULY:

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...9&source=jl999

I HOPE THIS LINK WORKS!!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #20  

Suzi, good to see you back. Sorry about your brother's illness - very upsetting and worrisome. : to you and him. And good luck with the new job prospects. Keep us posted!

Holly, Grand Bend looks delightful. Maybe we should have gone there for the month of Buly? Or we could save it for Baugust... And thanks for the additional Jumanji info. As you can see, I immediately poached a still for my new avatar. What colour paint are you looking at? I always love a change, but it is costly. And since I don't smoke any more and have no kids, the paint just lasts and lasts... so no excuse to change.

Mel, we should form a little club of bad hair babes. After the last salon disaster I vowed to do my own cutting from now on, just like you. Of course we'd make an exception should Holly be in town - she'd fix us up in no time. Meanwhile, if anyone asks what happened to your hair, you should blame it on the wild beasts you've been running from in Jumanji. They'll be convinced you've fallen out of your palm tree.
I decided to start our July 5 challenge 2 days early - realized this morning I have a doc appt tomorrow, and want to get rid of the bloat for that. He'll be in shock - I'm down at least 12 lbs since my last visit. Now I'd like to get rid of the apron and reduce the cellulite on the thighs, which should take at least another 15 off. I have a feeling it'll be really hard for you to lose a lot of pounds, but I am convinced you could improve your eating habits and improve your allergies, eyes and skin at the same time... So are we planning a 21-day thing, or just two weeks, or the rest of July? Let me know so I can pace myself...

Shad, did you even get a chance to do laundry before getting on another flight to Groote?? I don't know how you do it. Must have been nice to find the DS had been adding improvements while you were away!

Ruth, I like the black ones too, although jujbes aren't my sin of choice. I have a recipe for a jujube spice cake that's delish, which I won't be making any more. Every time I'd buy the supplies, but end up re-buying the jujubes several times before I got around to baking. Which explains a little of my bulk...
It sounds like your festival was a roaring success, apart from the drunken pyrotechnician. He could have blown himself (and veryone else) up real good. Anyway, pat yourself on the back for a job well done, relax a little with the puppies, and bask in all the congratulations.

Happy, just in case you're lurking, here's hoping you're having a terrific visit with family. Soak up all that love and warmth.

Painter, congrats on the 8 pounds off! Amazing what writing it down can do. The only other effective method I've found is to set a simple repetitive daily menu with no exceptions, so it's all pre-ordained. Of course over time there's a tendency to have some slippage in portion size, but that's always the case, isn't it.

So, since there are so many sinus sufferers on here, I thought I'd share my adventures with the neti pot. The squeamish and faint of heart should stop reading here. Basically, it's like a little teapot you half fill with lukewarm water and a saline solution. You bend over the sink, insert the spout in one nostril, tilt your head so one nostril is above the other, and pour the water into the nostril. The theory is it'll fill up the opposits sinus and then drain out the other nostril with any gunk discovered along the way. You can breathe thru your mouth as you do this. The reality is different if your septum is still deviated. One side worked fine, the other? No flowthrough - in fact the solution starts to well up in the eyes where it stings, and then finally, a dribble from the opposite nostril. Not sure I like it, and have a feeling it may be irritating those sensitive tissues instead of improving things. Not to mention that the first try provoked a monster sneezing/congestion attack that lasted a good 20 minutes. Sheesh! The woman who demonstrated it on Oprah made it all seem so easy...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #21  

Hi Carla- our livingroom is very abused from 9 kids in it for 5 years straight. The ceiling has weird stains. It would be worth my while to have a pro do it but is sooooo expensive. Now that we have new windows in all thru the house I would Like to match all the trim in the house to the shade of off white of the window trim for cohesiveness. Thought it might be my summer project.

I was just looking at benjanim Moore paints online. I found about 10 colours I like. I want to go a light but not pale green wiht yellow undertones not blues.A natural tone. Like Georgian Green HC-115
http://www.benjaminmoore.ca/colours/historical.aspx
Grass Lands CC-590
http://www.benjaminmoore.ca/colours/..._classics.aspx

Just flip through the colour samples.

And....I am not being overly productive. I am working the rest of the week and have all aft/evening to do laundry etc.
I am marinating some steaks to grill for supper.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #22  
Happy September

OHHHHH LET'S GO TO HOLLY'S HOUSE. WE CAN HAVE OUR HAIR DONE AND EAT REAL BEEF!! I'LL BRING THE BAKED POTATOES AND SOME CORN ON THE COB FOR GRILLING!! HAPPY PAINTING THIS SUMMER MISS HOLLY OF THE PAINT BRUSH SET!

CARLA~ I HEARD STORIES OF THE NETI POT AND BECAUSE OF ALL MY PROBLEMS THE DR SUGGESTED I AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS I AM GOING FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF JULY AND WILL PROBABLY JOIN YOU TOMORROW. I WAS JUST HINKING THE SAME THING WHILE SITTING HERE WITH RED EYES....I MEAN WTF AM I WAITING FOR?? BLINDNESS?? SOMETIMES I REALLY CAN BE A COMPLETE A$$HOLE! ....AS OPPOSED TO A 1/2 A$$ED! SO ON WITH THE CHALLENGE.

CARLA AND I ARE GOING ON A CHALLENGE THIS MONTH AND ANYONE ELSE WANT TO JOIN COME RIGHT ALONG. MINE IS ABOUT GIVING UP THINGS THAT ARE HARMIN ME. I HAVE QUITE A LIST FROM THE ROSACEA SOCIETY WEBSITE AND PLAN ON ELIMINATING MOST OF THEM.
WSPECIALLY THE ONES THAT ARE SPICY, HOT TEMPERATURE OR CAFFEINATED. SO ON WITH THE SHOW!
I DID TRY ONE MORE TIME TO HAVE THE WINDOWS OPEN...IT'S GORGEOUS OUTSIDE....BUT LESS THAN 15 MINUTES LATER MY EYES WERE KILLING ME. THE DUST OUT THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH. SAD CAUSE THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SUMMER. I ALSO FOUND THAT WHILE THE WINDOWS WERE OPEN THIS WEEKEND, BY SUNDAY NIGHT THE EYES WERE WORSE. SO THAT MEANS EVEN WHILE THEY AREN'T THERE IT'S NO OPEN WINDOWS THIS YEAR. SIGH I BEST GET GOING. I WANT TO MAKE SOME SHRIMP VERA CRUZ WITHOUT THE SPICES!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #23  

HI Melly!
I am up for a challenge for July. I want to eat 3 fruit and 5 veg every day. This is where I slide all the time. And walk 3 X's a week. when I do this I lose weight and feel godd. Why is it so hard to keep it up. Duh!

Congrats to PW and welcome home to Suzi.
Hi's to all!!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #24  

Mel, you're on for the whole month of July! I'm dropping sweets, and looking to drop 8 pounds. Also off vino, except when I visit at my friend's cottage. There are some partners in crime you just can't behave around... Apart from that, I see a lot of diluted cranberry juice in my future... Interesting that your doc is against the neti pot, I thought it would be seen as a good thing. Who knew? What a bummer about the closed windows. Is it by any chance better at night? How about you wear a light face mask to filter the dust and pollen - at least you'd get the breeze when there is one. Good luck with the caffeine withdrawal.

Holly, I looked at your paint colours - very nice and restful, and won't mark too easily! But they might be a bit on the dark side, don't you think? The darker colours show dust a lot - as I found out with my dark chocolate coloured bedroom walls. They need to be swiffered regularly. Maybe Benjamin Moore could suggest a lighter version of the same thing? I used BM paints as well - very nice long-lasting quality paint.

to Madcat and Roseblush.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #25  
Happy September

GOOD HOLLY!! TIME TO GET BACK TO BEING SERIOUS ABOUT OUR HEALTH. LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE RELY ON US!! GOOD LUCK!!

CARLA~ I AM CLEANING OUT THE KITCHEN AND HAD MY LAST FRAPPE TODAY. BELOW IS A LIST OF MY JULY/AUGUST GOALS. GIVING MYSELF 2 MONTHS TO GET ADJUSTED BUT THE FIRST ONE IS THE ICED COFFEE!!
I WOULD HAVE TO WEAR THE FACE MASK OVER MY EYES!! THAT'S WHAT'S REALLY BOTHERING ME MIGHT MAKE ROLLING AROUND THE APARTMENT A WEE BIT DANGEROUS.... GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALSO!

SHADDIE~ WHERE ARE YOU?? I KNOW YOU LIKE CHALLENGES!! LOL

BELOW ARE THE THINGS THAT REALLY MUST LEAVE MY HOUSE SOONER OR LATER IF I AM TO KEEP THE ROSACEA IN REMISSION ALL MY LIFE. IT'S NOT TEMPORARY, IT'S A FOREVER CHANGE. WISH ME LUCK.

OK HERE'S MY PLAN:
Rosacea Tripwires - Foods and Beverages:
Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, spicy nachos, a glass of wine. Hot liquids may cause flushing.
Spicy foods like oriental mustard sauce, chili sauce, or salsa.

These tips will help you select rosacea-friendly meals:
Limit or try to cut out entirely the following:
Caffeine, cheese, sour cream, yogurt, citrus fruit, liver, chocolate, vanilla, soy sauce, yeast extract (though bread is OK), garlic, vinegar, eggplant, avocados, spinach, broad-leafed beans and pods, and foods high in histamine or niacin.
Avoid "hot" spices such as white and black pepper, paprika, red pepper, chili, curry and cayenne.
Reduce the heat (temperature) in ALL food and beverages.

SO THAT ABOUT COVERS IT
Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I am here on Groote - usual story, everyone wants training, no one wants to go to it, the powers that be can't get me access to the system and so I am using someone elses logon for the 'time being' until we sort it out!

So I can't use this for long. I'll try to get back at lunch to reply to you all but don't hold your breath. Groote is putting on spectacular sunsets - free slide show for all around 6pm! My cold and fever broke last night so I am beginning to feel human again. I'm back to the early morning run, walk, runs. I put on 1.5kg while I was away (3.lbs near enough) - I'm in for the challenge but won't take it up until I get to Perth where I can organise myself to do these things properly.

Trainees beginning to arrive. Gotta go

PS - There is no twit here.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #27  
Happy September

DOING THE HAPPY DANCE WITH SHAD!!! NO TWIT!!HORRAY!!! HOPE YOU WILL GET WELL FASTER NOW THAT HE ISN'T THERE!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JOB. FEEL FUNNY TO BE BACK WITH ALL THOSE STRANGE SPEAKING PEOPLE???

LOOKS GLOOMY OUT AND COOL. I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THOSE WHOSE BBQ'S MIGHT NOT GO WELL TODAY. THEY SAID CLOUDY AND RAIN LATER ON BUT IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD. I COULD USE A GLOOMY DAY. KEEPS THE SENIORS INSIDE AND THEY FALL ASLEEP WATCHING TV! TODAY IS DAY ONE FOR ME. I MUST TRY AND CATCH UP WITH CARLA. SHE'S ALREADY ON THE RUN! I COULDN'T MAKE AN APPT FOR THE HAIRCUT AS THE OFFICE GIRL WAS OUT. HOPEFULLY SHE WILL BE IN TOMORROW. MERCY HAD BETTER BRING HER MAGICAL SCISSORS.....GOOD NAME FOR THIS EVEN HUH?? THAT'S HER REAL NAME.
OK I AM OFF TO BEGIN THE DAY, FIGHT THE URGE TO OPEN THE WINDOWS AND NOT OPEN ANY COFFEE!
I HAVE 8 LEFT.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

EDIT: I FORGOT TO ADD NO ART. SWEETENERS, GINGER, NO SOY PRODUCTS AND LIMIT THE USE OF TOMATOES AND NO V-8 JUICE

HAPPY FORTH OF JULY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #28  

Happy Independance Day to our American friends!!

Thank God it is raining here. The farmers and the gardeners will be happy. It has been way too dry here. All my late July perennials are well into blooming. They think summer is almost over from the heat and dryness.

I have until 11:30 to accomplish.
-breaky
-shower
-Avon calls
-put away dishes
-fold 1 lol
-do hair and make up
-deal with what ever the kids need
-tidy

DS has been up for an hour. DD is sound asleep. I work from 12-8.

Mel- stay in and relax!!!
Shad- enjoy the twit-less crew.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy fourth of July.

Mel--Good for you on starting a challenge. I've been using the Bob Greene do's and don'ts to get myself back into the swing of things. However, I don't like his websight.

Holly-You sound more relaxed, but still busy as a bee.

Carla hello

Shad--Glad to see that you are back safe and sound, and that you are feeling better.

I'm working today, It should be peaceful.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #30  
Happy September

HOLLY IS RACING AROUND LIKE A LUNATIC....TICK TOCK!

CEEJAY~ I HAVE THE BOOK THE BEST LIFE DIET IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I LIKE HIS PRINCIPALS BUT DON'T LIKE THE SITE EITHER. THEY WANT MORE $$ EVEN AFTER YOU BUY THE BOOKS!!! GUESS I AM SPOILED WITH FREE 3FC HAVE A GOOD DAY AT WORK!