Old 06-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #1  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat - Friday June 29th

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Where is everyone? I didn't see a daily thread posted, so I hope it was ok to start one.

Man this dieting thing is tough in the summer, ice cream is so hard to turn down. Back on the jello wagon for me. As for the rest of my eating I am doing much better.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #2  

Hmmm -- the title is not bold. I messed up somewhere. Sorry guys.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey angie

You did fine! I hope all goes well with avoiding the ice cream.

Today is my last day before vacation. I can't wait!! I am sure the reason everyone is not on here is it is FRIDAY!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning girls (and Rooster Dude),

Angie ~ thanks for starting us off this morning. I hear ya' regarding ice cream. It is a huge downfall for me. We always have ice cream in the house for the kids. That's ok though as I always buy vanilla and cookies and cream for them ~ not too tempting for me. The other day DH brought home "dulche de leche"... ever had? WOW! It was gone by nightfall. Thankfully, it came in a small container and everyone got one small bowl each. I could have polished off the entire container! We're celebrating my MIL's birthday here tomorrow and will be having an Oberweis birthday cake. Oh dear... hope that I stay strong.

Morning Sheila ~ vacation!!! woohoo!! How many little kids do you have in your daycare? You deserve a vacation girlfriend!!!

I have done so well with eating/exercise this week. My 8 lb. loss has now turned into a 10 lb. loss. I'm determined to keep up with the exercise each day.

Kerri ~ you asked about my going downtown for the 4th. My brother has a huge party each year on the 4th of July so we haven't gone downtown for years. Enjoy! I love seeing the fireworks.

Michelle ~ good for you!!! You are a SUPER mom. Doing this with your youngest son has so many benefits; physically and emotionally.

Hanna~ I hope that you're taking it easy. I'd be bored too but try very hard and not overdue things. It will only make the healing process longer. Kerri's suggestions of homemade baked goods is a great one but not sure that you'd be up to doing that right now. I think that I'd consider ordering from a gourmet cookie place. I ordered gourmet popcorn for teachers in the past and that was a huge hit. Can't go wrong with the chocolates though!

Melinda Baby ~ How is my little MacAttack Girl?

GG ~ enjoy your romantic weekend. Sounds like a really lovely place. Don't do anything that Sheila wouldn't do;-) ;-) ;-).

Lauren ~ I've been thinking of you. These have to be rough days. By the way, how is your mom? Has she fully recovered from her Gastric Bypass surgery?

Gotta run... Catch up with everyone else later.

By the way, I'm in regarding the Labor Day challenge!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #5  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone,

It's a long weekend here this weekend and all I can say is TGIF!

Angie: I hear you about the ice cream. When I absolutely can't do without I use the skinny cow or a 1/2 cup frozen yogurt and some peanuts & berries.

I hope everyone has a terrific day.

Alicia: I pm'd you with that recipe.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone,

Off to get my blood work done. Daughter and I are going to check out some shopping and maybe catch a movie. She wants to see the Nancy Drew movie. Don't have any plans yet for the weekend.

Have a good day everyone.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning everyone yes day 2 was good we made it running a little longer still had to walk a little but getting better i also put in my sit ups and push up's im gettn sore now LOL
i'll check in later i have to get to work
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
hi Angie you did great!!
Sheila I would be going crazy waiting for the day to end, VACATION!!! YEAH! that's what I need!
Joan good to see you back, are you all settled in? no more boxes? I hate unpacking, but I hate living out of boxes too! do I remember a post from you that you make home made ice cream? what are you doing for MIL's birthday? I know exactly the ice cream you are talking about, we can't buy it here, it is band from my freezer, it disappears in no time! I personally prefer salty snacks, potato chips, cheese and crackers, some times I crave ice cream but rarely, DH LOVES ice cream! and even if I don't buy it myself when I go grocery shopping he will go to the store or convenience store to buy it.

Michelle how are you and your son doing this morning, are you soar? what an awesome mom you are!

GG enjoy your romantic get away!

Lauren I have been thinking about you, how are you all doing?

Christina how are things going with your oldest? are they getting any better?

Kerri hello! have not seen you too much, are you still house sitting?

Today we didn't start the day too good, well it all started last night DS was not doing well he tried to hit me and I was in a panic, I didn't want him to hurt me, and I couldn't really restrain him, I was afraid to hurt myself, fortunately we was outside playing when this happened so the neighbors and my dear FIL were here to help me, it was a long evening. Needless to say I started throbbing and my blood pressure was super high, I had to take another vicodine for the pain, I didn't really want to but I couldn't stand the pain. This AM we thought he everything was going well until the school driver came to pick him up and he wanted to take a toy to school and he can't take anything to school, he gets too distracted and can't focus on anything else I guess it is part of the bipolar/odd/ocd. Anyway, he gets in the car and DH and I were talking about how worried we are, 10 minutes later the phone rings (mind you this is only 7 am) the driver can't keep him safe, he is unbuckling the sit belt and he is trying to open the car door, so they called to tell us he was on his way back home, DH was waiting for him, he flipped the child locks on the car door and had a talk w/DS and off they went again. It is not going to be a good day, I already know it! DFIL is helping us a lot while I recover, but the guy is 81 yrs. old he is getting really tired, I can't find any one who can help, I am going to go crazy, he really needs to be in residential and DH doesn't want to do it yet. All I hope for right now is that I don't get physically hurt.

See you later,

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #9  

So sorry that you had a bad start to the day Hanna, hopefully things get better.

I need to just not have the ice cream, I was doing well on Jello last week, I need to just stick with that.

Must get back on track!!

Angie
Old 06-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

dang hanna so sorry to hear that i hope your pain doesnt get the best of you
and yes i know what your going through My george is bi-polar and some defiant disorder so i can relate

well i thought i'd post some pics of the baby taken 2 days ago OH and funny thing her mom 2 days ago called and says i miss her can i pick her up weds night i said sure im sure she misses you too we ll she stay'd the night with her then i get a call yesterday what time are you gonna pick her up i have to do some things WTF??? yeah like i dont oh well at least the babies safe withme
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floating[1].jpg (19.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg june272007.jpg (14.8 KB, 11 views)
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Michelle she is so cute! and she is getting bigger! what a lucky baby to have a good grandma!

Angie can you put some fruit in when you make the jello, just a little variety!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Angie, No problem starting the thread, just make sure you title it like this: "30 Somethings Daily Chat: <Day,Date>" And it is bold for you when there are new posts!

Sorry I can't reply right now, got to work late (lunch time), had the home inspection this AM. I'll try and get back later.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #13  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hanna I know how you feel not wanting to hurt yourself. I also know how hard it is to have minimal to no help and my mom lives in the same town as I do. Ihope it gets better for you.

Michelle I think with all that happened in my life here lately I missed yourtalking about the grandbaby. I thought they moved? Hope all goes well. Congrads on the running. Heck it would take me 30 sec and I would hve to walk again
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to wish GG a very good weekend and a very happy one-year anniversary. Have a wonderfully romantic weekend!!

kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #15  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Evening, everyone!

Thanks for letting me hang out! You guys seem like a great bunch, and look forward to staying around here a lot. I just had a huge thing happen, and couldn't wait to share.... Not so huge for some, but for me it was great. Hubby and kids and I went snorkeling today, and I didn't want to run, but forced my butt out there anyways, as I'm getting back on track for the last 6 months of the year. I did two miles, and actually sustained a sub 12 min pace! woohoo! This from the gal who was lucky to get sub 15 when I ran my first mile. I've actually run an individual mile or two less than 11, but never able to sustain it for any longer before tonight. YAY! Maybe I can kick my next 5k's butt.

Other than that, not much going on tonight, just showering and watching some tv with the dh. Hope all of you have a wonderful, fantastic night!

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote