Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default Stressful Job and Dieting

Ok some people would kill to have my job... so i thank God i have it and by no means am i complaining.... but all job i know have there troubles.

I use to work in an office in town... seeing people everyday, loved it!
That place closed

Got a new job at home calling people and making sure they are getting thier papers and paying for them. Today is my fist day to collect payment... i hate doing this... i dont want to be a bill collector! but it is eitherme call them or not get paid and people call me for money.... i hate money.

Anyway... i sit at a desk all day.. not very calorie burning... i thought about getting some weights and lifting them inbetween my calling ( waiting for them to answer)

I do good about not eating while im sitting here... and i drink a lot of water, just i am one of those people who would like to make a differance in the world.. not hassle the world... and since i cant help that i would at least make a differance with me!

Anyone have a link to exersiing at the desk?
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I don't exercise at my desk...but are you making these calls from home or from an office? (I think you're working at home..but your sentence was a little ambiguous to me...)

If you work from home, you're one of the LUCKY ones! I work from home and do sets of strength training in between calls/projects/etc. No one is there to see you looking like a weirdo doing your squats and lunges in your home office. Its great!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Don't hate money. It makes so many things possible.

Get up every hour and walk around, or make yourself a gym date during the day. I work at home, and I love being able to fit my work schedule to the YMCA. It's a lot easier than when working in an office elsewhere.

And look for another job!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I always pace around my kitchen when I'm on the phone. Maybe you could get a portable phone and walking around your house as you make the calls?
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

yes i am at home... my job requires me to stay at the computer so moving around much is out... ( my head set is corded and directly attached to the pc) i get on my gazell every evening after work... just would like to find a way to burn a few calories more sitting here.
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #6  
here I go again...

Perhaps you could sit at your desk on a stability ball? Then you can roll around a little and get some core work... or try standing up for part of the day. Maybe you should get a wireless headset to make moving around possible.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote