LA Weight Loss - curious

View Full Version : curious

VIRGO062
06-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I noticed my file at LAWL was ina "special" place until I purchased the bulk special. Since I finally bought the bulk my file was put with everyone elses. I was told I didn't need to see the counselor anymore just drop by and weigh in. Does that sound right? Before I bought the bulk lites I had to sit with a counselor once a week and discuss my journel now I'm on my own?

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 10:48 AM
That doesn't sound right. When did you join? I know that after you do the initial Fast Forward, then you get your plan and then after that you get the bulk lites pitch. So for awhile (about 3-5 meetings) your file is in a different place because you are still in "start up" mode. As for the not counseling, that's not right at all. Are you sure you understood them? The whole point of LAWl is the one on one counseling. If you're sure that's what you were told then you need to speak with the COD manager ASAP.

zambejaly5
06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
oh......... that is weird!!!!!! no, that doesn't sound right. that sounds like an understaffed COD, that now that they have all your money, don't want to waste their precious selling time with just sitting and talking with you. STAY ON TOP OF THIS ONE!!

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
No, no, no...not normal at all!!! You should be seeing a counselor and weighing in 3 times a week...that's what you're paying them for.

Mama Nicole
06-28-2007, 12:27 PM
When I was going to COD, I sat with the counselors one time each week and did a quick WI the other two times. I often had my boys with me, so I think they were trying to help me out.

VIRGO062
06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Ok I am sure she told me that all I had to do was weigh in but I went today and another counselor had my chart (which was with everyone elses) and sat down with me for a short talk. Maybe I was hallucinating since I had only been on the diet for 2 weeks. My intake was low haha. lost .2/10 of a pound in 2 days. Guess that's better than gaining. Anyone else having a problem with their starches (purple). I have eaten my limit of starches for the day. Dinner will be quite a challenge.

healthy2b
06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Virgo, I'm on purple also and starches are always my down fall. I've got to really work hard to keep them down. The Nature's Own Bread helps so you can have a sandwich and count it as one starch so you have another one left. Good Luck!!!!

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 01:23 PM
You will get used to the starch deficit, believe me! If I can, anyone can. The biggest habit to break was a starch w/dinner. Now that I've moved to blue I still forget it's there. When I was on purple (which was around 8 months or so) I would have a starch w/breakfast and lunch and then dinner would be a protein and two veggies. After a few days you do get used to it. Other times I would have some Plain FF yogurt for breakfast w/some blueberries and a packet of splenda and then save my starch for dinner. I always have one at lunch. I've found I need it to get through the long days.

I know this is a shock to your system. But the thing about the program is it is showing you healthier ways. Give it time and just do your best to adjust. The body is an amazing thing. It will get used to your new way of life and will start responding positively.

Leesee
06-28-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm on purple and so far the starches haven't been too much of a problem. I always have one for breakfast and the other is usually at lunch but last night, I had a small potato. I knew I was going to have it so I made sure I didn't eat one for lunch.

Dairy is my biggest problem. I'm just not that fond of milk products....never have been. sigh.

judya
06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm new to the program, but what about the Carb Cravers plan you can do? Would that help you? I'm also on the purple plan, and with the Carb Cravers, I feel like I can eat a little more cereal or have a slice (or two) of plain pizza, but it's just a protein instead of a starch. That's been my saving grace!!! :D

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Just remember to use the carb cravers only once or twice a week, depending on what your book says.

emmysmom
06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Lisa, do you like yogurt? I eat a Yoplait Light yogurt almost every day for my dairy.

judya
06-28-2007, 02:45 PM
In my purple book, it says, "All Carb Cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used upto one time each day." I know there are exceptions to some of these - like pizza and nachos only being 1 time per week, but have you heard anything different? My counselor didn't even talk to me about this (I just joined this week, so today is officially my first day after TO), so I want to make sure I'm understanding this whole thing correctly. The last thing I want to do is gain weight at my next weigh in because I ate too many carbs! :) Thanks for the help!!!

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
My book says "All carb cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used one time per day, up to one to two times per week." You don't want to do a carb craver every day. And welcome, by the way!

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
judy--even though the book says one a day I think most here will agree (often from experience) that the pounds will come off slower (if at all). I would definitely use them in moderation--especially while you are getting the hang of the program.

judya
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks you guys! I appreciate the information/advice. So glad I found this message board for your help and support!

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 02:55 PM
judy--part of the beauty of this board (besides the beautiful gals!) is the "real" information you will get. There's over a 1000 pounds lost worth of experience--I'd say over half the gals here would make much better counselors!!

Leesee
06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Lisa, do you like yogurt? I eat a Yoplait Light yogurt almost every day for my dairy.

Unfortunately, the only yogurt I like is the kind full of sugar and fat. :(

I sometimes will have the odd yogurt (with splenda) or a cheese string but dairy is hard for me.

Boo'sMom
06-28-2007, 03:19 PM
another easy way to get in your dairy is in the form of a smoothie--just throw your milk or yogurt into the blender with your fruit and you've taken care of it. just a thought

Jrny2aNewMe
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Lisa - the dairy is always my downfall as well. My saving grace getting the dairy in and since I'm on Red1 I have 2 of them!), I have one LA Lite shake a day and make it with milk and frozen fruit - it's nummy just like drinking a milk shake. Another way I will use up a dairy is to add it to the LA Lite Cafe au Lait - it's like a frozen iced cappucino!

VIRGO062
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
My counselor said the Carb Craver has been eliminated from LAWL program. I asked her about it. I joined 2 weeks ago.

Candiflip
06-28-2007, 05:58 PM
That does not sound right.
I would look at your contract and see how many times you are to go in.
For me it is 3x a week. I go in onces & call in twice.

tammie07
06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I joined two weeks almost 3 weeks ago and I have the carb craver menu.

tammie

Mama Nicole
06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Candace......check out your ticker......you are doing awesome..........especially considering the fact that you quit smoking recently.........WTG!!!

Leesee
06-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I joined 5 weeks ago and I have have a carb craver menu too. I've never used it though.

Also, thanks for the tips on the dairy. Maybe I'll try a smoothie. :)

bizlawchik
06-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Just like some markets have Gold II, and some markets get 3c lettuce = 1 veggie, some markets have eliminated the carb cravers. My COD hasn't, and hasn't said it's being eliminated. Bottom line is no matter how great this site is for sharing information, you should still rely on your COD's information since that is where your contract is signed.

momerath
06-28-2007, 11:08 PM
My book says "All carb cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used one time per day, up to one to two times per week." You don't want to do a carb craver every day. And welcome, by the way!

My book also said Carb Cravers could be done up to once a day, which I DEFINITELY took advantage of, much to the dismay of the ladies at my COD. However, it never seemed to stall me at all, unless I overdid it/cheated and ate more than what I was supposed to in a day (like my addiction to sugary cereals... definitely a problem, even now that I'm done the weight loss part!). Being a carb junkie, I don't know if I would have survived without CC, and I would say that I probably did better on the program as a result of it; that having been said, everybody's different, and I would imagine that most people can't metabolize that kind of diet every day, thus the move to more CC restrictions in the newer books. I'm a big fan of trial and error. It's important to follow the program as much as possible, but there's always a little bit of room to experiment and see what works best for one's body! :D

Also, in response to the yogurt comment, I HATED fat/sugar-free yogurt with a passion. The artificial sweetener always had me gagging. I find that Yoplait Source isn't bad at all. My favourites are raspberry, lemon meringue and apple crumble, but it comes in about 10 other flavours, I believe. Can't even tell there's no sugar, and I'm usually pretty picky about that.

Repo girl
06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I cannot stand milk, and not a big fan of yogurt. Cheese, however, I could eat all day. The laughing cow lite cheese wedges are really good, and may be more palateable for a dairy hater.

bizlawchik
06-29-2007, 10:07 AM
My book says "All carb cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used one time per day, up to one to two times per week."

To clarify... that means you can use a carb craver once a day (as in not twice a day), but only one to two times per week (as in not every day). I know that sometimes the wording isn't clear in the books.

momerath
06-29-2007, 11:44 AM
My book definitely doesn't have the 1-2 time per week limit. I guess, like the bulleted heavy starches, your book and mine are different on this one. I agree that clearly, the less often you do carb cravers the better you'll lose, but I still maintain that CC has been a lifesaver for me! I think it's way better to do a CC daily than to avoid carbs all day, and then give in to temptation and have a huge carb binge later on (something which I've been known to do on more than one occasion! :sssh: )

bizlawchik
06-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah... the "limit to 1-2 times per week" thing was added when I got the revised book last year. That would explain it.

Katy66
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm on purple also and thanks for tip about the Nature's On Bread...I had no idea and have been counting it as two. My COD has not explained the carb cravers to me...said it was for later. I moved to the purple plan about a month ago from red. Losing the starch and 1/2 a protein was rough:) I lost by tablespoon of peanut butter on a graham cracker for breakfast!

videochick
06-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi, all -

I have the opportunity to post today, so this may be long!

I was looking through my LAWL file that has stuff going back to when I first joined in May 2002. I go to a corporate center in NYC.

In 2003, when we still just had the laminated card with limited and unlimited food choices, we received a double-sided flyer for Carb Cravers. At the time, we were able to replace 1P a day with a carb craver, every day, except for the pizza, stuffed shells and nacho options which were limited to once a week.

In 2004 we got the first booklet, which was the same carb craver menu as the flyer. Then about a year or so later, I remember our COD saying to limit the CC and that it would be an offical change when the books were reprinted.

Got the updated book in March 06 and CC changed to 1-2 times a week. During all this time the frozen food list remained 5X a week, but verbally we were told to use them no more than 2-3 times a week.

Personally, on Gold I used the CC every day at breakfast usually having Fiber One because it keeps you reg and god knows I need it on this plan or sometimes I'd have the PBJ sandwich for breakfast. My two starches were always from the unlimited starch list so they were no more than 40 cals. And then usually I'd split my remaining protein between lunch and dinner. Which is kind of boring, but it worked. (Gee, why I'm not still doing all this now, I don't know.) I'm sorry, I don't remember everyone's name yet, but I agree with whoever posted about seeing what works for you based on the plan you have.

Not only are 2 starches a struggle for me, I also consume a lot of dairy especially milk. So the one dairy serving continues to be my downfall. However, I really like the Fage non-fat greek yogurt it is so thick that I can split the 8 oz into two 4oz servings, it really fills me up and I usually have it with a fruit serving mixed in.

And last, re the 2 starch thing, my old counselor had me "unofficially" eat my 2 starches first thing in morning even though we aren't supposed to eat them together (but I would record one for breakfast and one for lunch in diary). She had me do this so I wouldn't obsess over the starches, I had them in the morning with the fat serving and I was done. the rest of the day was proteins, veg, fruit and lites. I have to say it did help me and usually it was 2 pieces of 40 cal bread toasted, so it wasn't a heavy starch.

Thanks for bearing with me! Actually, writing all this out has helped me to refocus on the plan.

Melissa aka videochick

brittyboo07
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
My center also has discontinued the use of the carb cravers. When I restarted my program 2 weeks ago they even went as far as to staple the pages together and say we do not do this anymore. They never allowed me to do the carb cravers anyway because they said I had to be on one of their supplements i forget which one in order to do the carb cravers. So I have never really gotten into the carb cravers.

KrispieD
07-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I was also advised against using the Carb Cravers for the first 4 weeks.. said it was better to not. I think I've maybe used them a total of 6 times.. for pizza :) but I know it was a slower week when I did use them
Welcome!