South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

Good Morning!

We're starting the 3rd day of our heat wave, whoopee! The girls are so sweaty and dirty after camp that it's a good thing we can cool off in a pool afterwards. We spent most of the afternoon at a friend's pool yesterday, and will probably spend today at mine.

I had a rather nasty fall at Mom's yesterday morning. My Dad had put a metal grating-type thing at the base of the deck steps, right on his macadam driveway. Anyway, when I stepped on it, it slid out from under me and down I went! My knee is badly bruised, all the skin is torn off, and it's quite sore. But I sure am glad it was me that fell, rather than Mom or Dad! They probably would have broken something. Dad immediately set the grate out for trash pick-up. When I stepped into the pool later, whoo-eeee, did it ever sting!!!! But I think the chlorine will help it heal. Of course the girls are totally fascinated by it.

So that's what's been happening here. Any excitement in your day today?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! No excitement so far except being glad I was alive when I woke up!

I actually slept until 6 after yesterday's jam-packed day! I did get all the schoolwork picked up, got my shot and did two pet therapy sessions. Lucy was with me for the whole day and really seems back to alleged normal. Bed felt great for us all!

We didn't get our predicted thunderstorms but the weather is much cooler today - 70ºF now and not going up much more than that today. Since we've had no rain, I'll be watering all day today both here and at the Fairgrounds.

There's a big fancy 1840's dinner at The Mill tonight. It'll be interesting to see what food is served.

Time to crank up breakfast, the Doggage and more coffee! Back later.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:39 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!
Getting some work done, then off to the tub.
My In laws got here about 9 last night and it was kind of hard getting up this morning, but if I want any "fun time" this afternoon, had to hit the bricks running.
The electrician is supposed to be here by 7, then have to take son to PT at 9:30, then back here for more work and hopefully we can find something fun to do this afternoon that does not involve dying in the heat...

I did absolutely terrible with food yesterday..didn't eat anything "bad", but it was so hectic I didn't have time to actually fix a "meal". Ended up just eating deviled eggs, trisquits, LC cheese and bruschetta in the early evening and just grabbed a chunk of turkey earlier and a couple of Nessa's yummy oatmeal bars..the only veggies I ate were in the bruschetta and that wasn't much..will do better today and have some great meals planned for the next few days.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:10 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Girls I Want Some Chocolate And I Need Someone To Talk Me Down! Help!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Cottage, hope your knee gets better soon!

Ruth, your days make me feel like I have nothing to complain about. It must feel so good to cross things off your list as you get them accomplished.

FC, I forgot to post yesterday that I'd been wondering why you mow your backyard so much...and now I know! Nice idea for a workout! Also, I've put in an order for some garlic spray for my backyard. Hopefully I can stop looking like a spotty nightmare!

Kara, do you have the no sugar added fudgecicles there? That always keeps my chocolate cravings at bay. Or maybe some sugar free Jello chocolate pudding?

me, I was up late working on my personal Web site so that I can start applying for Graphic Design jobs. Now that my show is up (and it did very well!), I need to get serious about finding a job in design. Until then, off to get ready for my "paper-pusher" gig.

By the way, my next art show is in Miami in December! I'll finally get to visit the real South Beach!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone! Only one more day to go this week! Yippeee!

Cottage: What a nasty fall. I hope it heals up quickly and cleanly. Although we could make up a great story if it happens to scar!

Ruth: Busy, busy as usual! Glad to hear Lucy's doing better!

Femme: Glad to hear you found an electrician to come out! Isn't it crazy how hard it is to just sit down and eat well when we're entertaining family? Well, hugs for today, I know you can do better!

Kara: Sorry, but I'm not the one to talk you down. I get my chocolate fix daily. I eat one sugar free fudgesicle per day (usually after dinner). I get my chocolate AND it's SB-approved. Is there something like that over there? It makes SB 10 times easier for me. Well, hope you get through this, I know you can!!

ME: Well, yesterday didn't go too badly. Bossman let me go early, so I came home and slept for about 4 hours until DH got home with the salads I asked him to pick up. Now I feel A LOT better. I actually made it outside yesterday evening to dead-head my roses!

Eating yesterday was completely on-plan, but I know I didn't eat enough throughout the day because I was feeling bad. I just finished a SB breakfast and 2 SB snacks are packed and ready to go! Still down four pounds since restarting, but I'm looking forward to another boost next week when I can start working out again.

I talked to my mom last night and she told me that my parents, sisters, and grandparents are coming to visit the second weekend in August. I'm hoping to get my kitchen and living rooms painted, but we'll see. I'm planning on cleaning out the grass from my rose beds tonight, taping the kitchen up tomorrow night, and then priming over the black trim in the kitchen Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully it only takes two coats. I just need to get started on the projects and then it'll get my butt into gear for finishing them.

Well, I've blabbed on long enough and I need to hit the shower and get to work. More hearings! Everyone have a beachy day!!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Betty: We were simul-posting! Hope you have a great day and WTG on that art show!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Morning

Cottage sorry to hear about the fall but I understand being glad it wasn't your mom or dad. heal quickly

Ruth I slept well myself.... even with mouth pain. the dinner sounds interesting... have fun

femmecreole other than being short on veggies your food sounds ok no candy cake or pie...

kara don't make me come smack you.... is it PMS? or stress? either one is NOT a good reason to eat chocolate....

Betty good luck with the web design.. i was in boca in October and wanted to get to south beach.... never made it.

kim I wish i looked forward to working out. I hate it. my food is spot on and i'm gaining again... oh well must be the heat... you sound so busy... i'm glad you are feeling rested

me mouth is in discomfort, not really pain. food is spot on and scale was up another pound today. in fact only one grain yesterday... but i had a huge thing of beans for dinner so i'm not fretting... it's hot hot hot here, DH is cranky and girl child is well girl child... bored and spoiled... nice mix... dogs are cranky and i'm at work. sadly work is a nice place to be now with them home..... oy have a beachy day everyone.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good Morning Chicks,
Betty, do you have any of your artwork on your website? Sounds like your getting a great new career off the ground.
Kim, having company really gets your butt in gear around the house, doesn't it? I'm in the same boat, except it's becoming obvious I'm not going to get to a lot of my projects in time. Oh, well, they'll see the real me, I guess.
Kara, no chocolate, okay, just say no. One will lead to another. You can be strong! Think of Nessa and her Lindt!
Femme, stay cool, and enjoy the relatives!
Ruth, your days always sound so full of lovely things!
Cottage, hope you heal up fast.

I'm thinking I should go make some coffee. I haven't been motivated to do it since DH left, but today I think I really need some. Working today, trying to get ready to leave on vacation tomorrow, probably sweating a lot because it will be hot again! I've got a Recreation Committee meeting tonight I wish I didn't have, but I missed the last two, so I guess I'll go. I've been trying to empty out the fridge, so I'll be scraping together whatever today. Gotta go wake DD now, she's going to have her third 11 hour workday in a row today. Kind of fun to watch, she'll be happy when she gets her paycheck! Have a good one chicks!

Thanks Nessa!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 06-28-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Oops, we posted at the same time Nessa, hope your mouth feels better. Watch out Kara, I think she's in the mood to smack somebody!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

hey Schmoodle... another hot day eh... did you mean to say wake DD? LOL

I left everyone sleeping....
Old 06-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #12  

Hot Hazy and Humid

Schmoo -- I hear ya bout trying to empty the fridge before vacation.. I bet you are thinkin of some strange concotions

Nessa-- oooh yeah, it sounds like Work is a dream compared to the "joy" at home.

Kim-- Glad yer taking time to smell the roses heh heh heh... yep nothin like a visit to get the house in order!

Betty--sounds like positive things are happen'n for ya!

Kara BACK AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE! Not worth it dear...

Femme: I hope the electrician can fix you up jiffyquick!

Cottage: that sounds so painful! But you're right, better it should happen to someone other than your parents... they might have broken a hip or something more serious.

Ruth: 1840s dinner? I'm intrigued..to you have to dress in that period..or eat food from that period on plates and whatnot from then? Always a full schedule!!!!!

This morn I'm off to the dentist... They do 1 visit Crowns ..which doesnt matter since it took me near 2 months to get the "first available appt".. I dont think his hours are going to be compatible with mine... He works Tue- Thurs 8-5, every other Mon and Friday... must be nice.... and seriously 2 months to get the next available??? I think I need a dentist with Saturdays or nights ..even if it will take me 2 months to get those appt times...
Ok enough grousing~! Time to get a move on it!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

Schatzi.. my dentist works 6 days a week at two offices and it can still take 2-4 weeks for an appointment....
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, I was here once already and my puter went wonky lost my post and the stupid thing kept shutting down. I don't have time to post to everyone right now. I have my todo list to cross off and dd has a driving appt I need to run and pick up a few things while I wait for her, then it is back home to clean out the car and make the girls start packing well one is almost done one has not started. I will try to pop back in later.

KARA- NO CHOCOLATE, REPEAT AFTER ME, NO CHOCOLATE. you can do it.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kara....No sugar added fudgsicle...works for me (a recovering chocaholic!)
Closed Thread