LA Weight Loss - The Ideal Body

View Full Version : The Ideal Body

srmb60
06-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Have you seen a body to which you aspire? Where did you see it?

SoulBliss
06-28-2007, 12:32 AM
I really like naturally feminine, strong and curvy bodies like Kate Winslett and Sara Ramirez (Callie, George's wife on Grey's Anatomy).

lalique
06-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I recently saw a girl with a really great body on a magazine cover, I have no idea who she is, and don't remember what magazine cover she was on (some fitness magazine). But she was small/feminine, but yet she was toned and had nice muscles, and didn't look unnaturally thin, but just right. :)

lizziness
06-28-2007, 01:02 AM
I am realistic - I would love to have a body like Nigella Lawson some day. I want to be wonderfully voluptuous and "plummy" :)

Ethereal
06-28-2007, 01:23 AM
For me? Healthy and comfortable. Generic, but it's all I want.

However, the figures that charm me the most (more in art than in RL) are petite, not particularly curvy ones. I guess I call it a "boyish figure." Aesthetically I can find women of any shape beautiful and fascinating, but I'm ever-more drawn to little, small-busted, narrow-hipped, and almost fragile ladies - but not the "10-mile legs without a scrap of fat or muscle" models out there! They just seem unhealthy, to me. :(

Maybe I am so fascinated with boyish figure because I know I won't ever fit in it. ;)

stacylambert
06-28-2007, 02:14 AM
What I think is the most beautiful is the natural hourglass shape, very feminine. Like I think Katherine Heigl is simply gorgeous. As far as what I'm aspiring too: Allie DelRio from the firm videos. Not really sure what category, I guess movie!

mandalinn82
06-28-2007, 02:23 AM
I aspire to the bodies I can never have...I am downright athletic/boyish (who knew with all the fat) with no boobs and barely any hips. So of course, I like curvy, feminine bodies with hips and chests and curvy lines everywhere.

kateconfessional
06-28-2007, 05:38 AM
curvy, hour glass shapes, and also athletic shapes, i think, are the most beautiful. i would love to have a slender, athletic body, but with curves in all the right places, and a cute booty too! some actressses' bodies i apsire to be like are..Evangeline Lily from LOST (like in my avatar), Rachel McAdams, and Charlize Theron (although, i think she's looking a teeny bit too skinny now). if i keep working at it, i'll hopefully get there!

NightengaleShane
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm set on getting Jackie Warner's (the girl from Work Out on Bravo) body, because I feel like it could be obtainable for me. I'm naturally muscular, and don't have the typical hour glass shape. Some women have big breasts, an itty bitty waist, and a great big butt in yo face you get spru...err... I mean, yeah! I have big breasts, a little bit of butt, but never had too much of a waist, even while skinny. I also have broad shoulders. Jackie and I are built similarly... she just has a whole lot less fat. ;)

I admire curvy, hour glass, totally feminine bodies, but I've come to the conclusion that I'll never have one, so athletic with hints of softness works just fine for me.

lilybelle
06-28-2007, 11:45 AM
I would aspire to have a curvy, voluptuous body like JLo. I guess that is because I have such a flat butt.

NightengaleShane
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I would aspire to have a curvy, voluptuous body like JLo. I guess that is because I have such a flat butt.

Why aspire to have something you'll never get? ;)

I only ask because I personally don't understand. I'd rather aspire to get something that I know I can achieve, than to wish I had a body like someone else who I know I'll never look like... to each their own , I guess.

nelie
06-28-2007, 11:54 AM
I would love to have a body like Allie Del Rio, she is a Firm instructor and she has a nice body. For me though, I work with what I got :)

techwife
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
My favorite figure on any woman, hands down, is Carol Smiley from the old Changing Rooms series on the BBC. She has the perfect figure. Curvy, yet skinny, always has a tan and even looks great in a white tank top leotard while nine months pregnant. And she always has great hair, too.

techwife
06-28-2007, 12:35 PM

I only ask because I personally don't understand. I'd rather aspire to get something that I know I can achieve, than to wish I had a body like someone else who I know I'll never look like... to each their own , I guess.

Good point. If I had to pick someone who's figure is attainable to me, first thing that comes to mind is Chelsea Handler from Comedy Central. I think if I lost 20 pounds and did lots of sit-ups, I might be able to attain a figure like hers and she has a shape that is worth working towards, too!!

srmb60
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I chose the word aspire on purpose. Thought it meant more of an attainable wish ... something to work toward.

SoulBliss
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
^^ :yes: The ones I chose are very attainable for me. If I were to choose an unattainable one, well, that's just bordering on self-loathing, and we'll have none of that!!! :lol:

mandalinn82
06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
I guess I was thinking more of the bodies I find attractive, not the bodies that I could actually have...what I consider "The Ideal Body" as per the thread title is not something that is feasible for me. Doesn't mean I hate mean, but means that my body is never going to be what I consider "ideal". "Ideal for me", maybe, but not what I consider "ideal"/

junebug41
06-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I recently saw a girl with a really great body on a magazine cover, I have no idea who she is, and don't remember what magazine cover she was on (some fitness magazine). But she was small/feminine, but yet she was toned and had nice muscles, and didn't look unnaturally thin, but just right. :)

Leeann Rimes on the cover of this month's Self :drool:

junebug41
06-28-2007, 02:53 PM

You bring up a good point. I can't speak for Lilly, but I know for a fact that I will never have the body of Leeann Rimes on the cover of Self (for example) without sugical intervention as I have loose skin. I won't have the butt of JLo without it either. But I work out as though I could get it. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to workout with these people in mind so that when I do see/feel firmer abs/arms/shoulders/butt I still reap the benefits. I know I'll never have that, but why not pretend for a moment as to just inspire myself:)

junebug41
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Why was this moved to the General Diet Plan section?

sportmom
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I find other IRL moms, who I know haven't been airbrushed or photoshopped, who look fit and nicely muscular. We spend alot of time at the pool, which involves eating, so I try to learn by watching what they eat and following their examples.

RobinW
06-30-2007, 09:25 PM
need another option. The body Ive seen that I would to work towards I seen on another forum.