Old 06-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Default My favorite new food finds

Just thought I'd share with you all since they've made me very happy!

Almond Breeze vanilla - unsweetened. It's delicious on my Kashi/Fiber One in the morning and only 40 calories for a cup. I don't like milk at all so I was so happy I gave this stuff a shot.

Amy's frozen Indian meals. YUMMO! I love, love, love Indian food but am so scared to go to a restaurant because I'll eat myself out of the place. So I ran across these meals and while I know that some of you eat no processed foods, for those of you that eat some, these are GREAT!

Kashi- pumpkin/flax crunchy bars. Great higher calorie snack for those days when I'm running slightly low. I know - processed - but again, not too bad.

Anyone else find anything fabulous, lately????
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I really like Amy's frozen meals. I am one of those that strives for no processed foods, but when I don't have a lot of time, Amy's are a great alternative. At least everything on the indredients label is organic and recognizeable!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I love the Kashi pumpkin/flax bars too! I eat them when I'm away from home - because they sure beat almost anything you can find in a fast food restaurant and my "normal" foods don't travel very well. I also eat them when I'm really craving something that I don't normally eat. I just bought some today, as a matter of fact, and they usually last me two-three weeks. I eat almost no fat, so these increase my fat intake significantly when I eat them, but I've heard good things about flax, so...

Thanks for the finds! And congratulations on your vacation weight loss! You've become my inspiration. I'm going to see my parents later this summer, and it's a weight controller's ****. So, I've decided that I cannot relax my standards even a little, because I know myself well enough to know that I'll get caught up and relax them a lot. So, I'm planning on talking to my dad and explaining that no matter what, I need to have the opportunity to eat healthy food and exercise. He's looking at getting the lapband, so he completely understands the struggle to lose weight, so I'm counting on his understanding and help. In the past, I've always been afraid of trying to look too virtuous, so I've sabotaged countless weight loss attempts by visiting my parents. If you can do it - I can too! Right?
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #4  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

I love Amys foods...mostly I get the soups for quick and easy meals...my daughter and I both like them.....

I also use Almond Breeze....I DO like milk...but the AB only has 40 cal and 2 g of carbs.....so its a better choice...

also I think the chocolate flavor tastes like YOO HOO...and thats YUM YUM...

I did find a recipe that I love that is also very low cal and healthy...

I love szechuan beef (which I can't have) so I made szechuan style veggies with just 3 oz of lean beef and tons of different veggies...it was really good...I used bean sprouts instead of rice or noodles...and I actually didn't miss the starch (unusual for me!)...the next day I had the leftovers for breakfast...it was as good as chinese take out....

I also made pepper beef...but with extra veggies...to this I added cauliflower "rice"...again...crazy good!

Last edited by iminhere; 06-27-2007 at 06:45 PM.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Ok what is Almond Breeze???
I also eat Amy's frozen foods, also eat Kashi chocolate cherry bars, Kashi go lean oatmeal, and smart dogs, or boca burgers
Of course fruit and veggies, right now I am awaiting black berry season here, a co-worker of my husbands has a bunch on his property I am taking a bucket and going blackberry picking.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Almond Breeze is almond "milk". It's a dairy alternative. Way good and good for you! I know milk is good for you, too, but I don't like it and if I can reduce calories, have something I like, AND it's healthy, then what the heck?
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote