LA Weight Loss - Legal Sweet Treats

View Full Version : Legal Sweet Treats

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I am starting this thread so that everyone can share their "LAWL legal" sweet treats. There are quite a few of us who don't use lites.......and I am quite sure we all have our little ways to get our sweet on..........so why not share those ideas :) Even people that use lites still crave sweet sometimes.

I will start with recommending the ricotta cheese pancakes with SF syrup. The beauty of these little tastes of heaven is they count as 1/2 P. fYou don't have to give up a starch :) They are one of my favorite ways to kill the sweet craving.

Also.........is SF jello pudding w/ FF coolwhip not delicious? I often save my dairy for it :)

What is your secret weapon?

MTdebster921
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
My sweet treat lately has been banana cream pie yogurt with crushed almonds and FF whipped cream. Helps my night time sweet cravings.

JLem311
06-27-2007, 12:26 PM
i make a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie usually. but lately i've been making passion tea lemonades (with crystal lite lemonade) or making the strawberry slushies.

or i eat vanilla yogurt with a drizzle of honey on top...sometimes with blueberries. or plain yogurt, add a few packets of splenda and a tablespoon of cocoa powder (not sure if it's OP or not, but it's a small amount) and it's great for a chocolate fix.

marzbe
06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Shredded Coconut.

I'm the type that's constantly trying to get my fats in. I'll toss the coconut into the bullet with yougurt or berries. It sweetens it up and gets the healthy fat in.

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I've been using the 100 calorie packs occasionally for my sweet tooth...they have chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, cheese curls, etc.

Snowdogs
06-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Okay if you're going to post yummy sounding things - can you share how to actually make them?:tantrum:

The ricotta cheese one doesn't sound bad - but I can't imagine how to make them...

I think I figured out the SF jello & cool whip....:flow2:

I'm in love with Strawberry Banana smoothies.
1/2 cup ice, handfull of strawberries, 1/2 banana, splash of water into the BC mixer and whola! Delish !:D

bizlawchik
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
I know I posted this before, but I really love this recipe. And I've had the leftovers for a "sweet" breakfast afterwards.

From the LA Summer Guide I received last summer:

Very Berry Pie (LA Chef Recipe)

1 3/4c ff cool whip
1 prepared rf graham cracker pie crust
1c fresh blueberries
1c fresh raspberries
1T sugar substitute (Splenda)
1c skim milk
1 4 serving pkg sf instant white chocolate pudding mix

Spread 1/4c cool whip into pie crust. Combine berries and sugar substitute. Spoon 1c of berries over topping.

In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 mins. Let stand 2 mins. or until soft set. Spoon over berries. Spread remaining cool whip over pudding and top with remaining berries.

Refrigerate for 45 minutes or longer. Serve.

8 servings
1/8 pie = 1Fr, 1S, 1C

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
RICOTTA CHEESE PANCAKES

Ingredients:

3 T. flour
2 t. Splenda
1 t. baking powder
¼ cup egg substitute
½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Spoon small amounts onto griddle coated with cooking spray. Flip when pancakes begin to rise; cook until golden.

Makes: 2 servings
Serving size: ½ recipe
LA Exchange: ½ Protein, 1 Condiment

Mama Nicole
06-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Cassi..........that pie sounds excellent :) I think I will make it for 4th of July :)

emmysmom
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delish...

Recipe Name: Peanut Butter Cups
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1 (8 oz.) container fat-free whipped dessert topping, such as Cool Whip Free®
2 Tbsp. light chocolate syrup
Preparation:
Melt peanut butter in microwave for 20 seconds or until smooth.
Stir in syrup.
Fold mixture into whipped topping until well combined.
Spoon into 12 paper muffin cups, freeze for at least 1 hour.
Makes: 12 peanut butter cups
Serving size: 1 peanut butter cup
LA Exchange: 1 Starch

JLem311
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about those pb cups, tina! i've made those before too. they're pretty good actually. i've also made cheesecake ones, just omit the peanut butter and sub some ff cream cheese.

tammie07
06-27-2007, 02:25 PM
oohh Cassi that sounds yummy!!!

Ok I know this is about gettting your sweet on without lites but my COD told me about taking the PB lite cutting it into three pieces. bake in oven (don't remember temperature but would guess aobut 325 for a few minutes)
She says it tastes like PB cookies.

Not sure how to count this but a treat I used to eat while on southbeach was to take no sugar added fudgecicle melt and add with some PB. Tasted like Reeces cup.

For salty I like to take really GREEN apples and a little lite salt. this gives me a tart/salty

Tammie

bayoubelle68
06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I used to do this when I was on WW, but I think it would work on LAWL. Take FF Redi-Whip and squirt tbs.-sized rosettes onto a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze them until solid and then store in the freezer in wax-papered layers in a sealed container. Just pop one like a bon-bon every now and then. YUM! I think each one would count as a condiment, but I'm not sure!

Boo'sMom
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
this was more of a winter treat for us but still great.

Sauteed apples:
dice apple (I like the tart granny smiths), and sautee with Pam butter spray or ICBINB spray, when soft add 1t. brown sugar splenda and dash of cinnamon, top with ff Coolwhip.

we love this in the evenings--I like to let the coolwhip go liquid so it's like the melted icecream in cobbler--YUM--sorry!

Jillibean1
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
I tried the Very Berry Pie for Memorial Day and it was very good. The price of the berries was high then, but now blueberries are way lower. Another idea for ricotta cheese is to add cinnamon. It's really good.
Jill

MM07
06-28-2007, 02:15 AM
I want the the recipe for the chocolate peanut butter smoothie! That sounds so yummy! Great thead, there are several I wil be trying.

Repo girl
06-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I have a PMS special that I like to make now and again. 1/2 sliced banana topped with a healthy scoop of FF cool whip, 1 T peanut butter, and drizzled with SF Hersheys syrup. Yum, yum, yum.

Another yummy one is to nuke 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries and 2 T water until they are hot and bubbly. Stir in one packet of splenda, and a toasted pita half, torn into small pieces. Let it sit for a minute or two until the pita has soaked up the juices from the berries. Top with FF cool whip. On plan berry cobbler, and so dang good!

Wal-Mart sells crepes in the produce dept that are 30 cal a piece. I fill them with sliced bananas, SF Hershey's syrup, and FF cool whip. I use 2 and count them as a starch.

There is a truffle recipe in the threads that is interesting. They do not taste like the truffles you may expect, but for a serious chocolate craving they will do. I will try to pull up the recipe.

Watermelon cubes with lime powder or lime juice sprinkled over them is divine, too.

Repo girl
06-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Hmmm, sorry, I can't find the truffles recipe.

Joni135
06-28-2007, 09:38 AM
This was in Deb's cookbook....anyone tried them yet?

Krispy Mallow Treats-S
Ingredients:3 tbsp light butter or margarine
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2 cups Fiber One® cereal
5 cups Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs® or other puffed wheat cereal
Preparation:
Melt butter spread in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.* Add both cereals. Stir until well coated.
Using a spatula, press mixture evenly into a baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.* Allow to cool.
Makes: 18 squares
Serving size: 1 square

zambejaly5
06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
does anyone ever get the pinapple from Sam's club. they are THE BEST!!!! they are so sweet I can hardly eat a whole portion. I mean just sweet sweet sweet!

Mama Nicole
06-28-2007, 11:23 AM
OH, you guys are the best..........I am so excited to try some of these :)

JerseyMadchen
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
You can take the Fudge brownie lights, cute them into piece, nuke them, and they turn out like a real brownie. Very good.

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 07:30 PM
My new favorite "treat"

Mandarin oranges and vanilla yogurt ! YUM !

JLem311
06-28-2007, 09:04 PM
does anyone ever get the pinapple from Sam's club. they are THE BEST!!!! they are so sweet I can hardly eat a whole portion. I mean just sweet sweet sweet!

yes they are! i love pineapple from Sam's--it's the BEST!

Joni135
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Nicole - while you are baking...check out these biscotti recipes someone wrote about a while back....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98112&highlight=continued+success

mgresso
06-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Let's see... I like the apple cinnamon or carmel rice cakes (1S) and if I haven't used my fat yet, I'll put cream cheese on them. YUM!

or

1/2 c NSA/FF Vanilla Ice Cream (1S)
1/4 c pineapple, chopped up (1/2F)
6 strawberries, chopped (1/2F)
some SF chocolate syrup
YUMMY! I usually add a pack or 2 of Sweet-n-low to the fruit just to make it a bit more like "topping." Extra yum! Especially in the summer heat! And you could add 1/2 a banana to make it 2 fruits and it'd be a complete banana split.

Just curious...how careful are you all about measuring and keeping track of your condiments? In an earlier post on this thread someone said "healthy scoop of FF cool whip" followed by "drizzled with SF Hersheys syrup." In my book it says that only 1 Tbsp of FF Cool Whip is 1C. A healthy scoop to me would be more than that! Not to mention adding the syrup on top!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
06-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Hmmm, sorry, I can't find the truffles recipe.
Katie - Is this the recipe ???

Chocolate Truffles

Nutritional Value
1 Dairy

Ingredients
3 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese
2 packets sugar substitute
1 tsp rum extract
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, divided

How to Prepare

* Combine cream cheese, sugar substitute, rum extract, and 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder.
* Mix well until all ingredients are blended.
* Refrigerate 15 minutes.
* Roll mixture into small balls (approximately 6).
* Roll balls in remaining 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder.

Serving size : Makes 1 Serving

Repo girl
06-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Yes, it is Norissa, thank you! I know that some of the ladies did not like these, but I did. Refrigerating for 15 minutes is not enough, though. You really need to put them in the freezer for about an hour.

On condiments- I am not militant about measuring FF cool whip. Especially if I am using it on an OP treat rather than cheating my fool head off. For the most part though, I do try to keep my condiments down to 3 per day, unless I am using things that have no calories, like vinegar, or hardly any, like mustard or butter spray. Then I may go over a bit.

amylou7777
07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delish...

Recipe Name: Peanut Butter Cups
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. reduced fat creamy peanut butter
1 (8 oz.) container fat-free whipped dessert topping, such as Cool Whip Free®
2 Tbsp. light chocolate syrup
Preparation:
Melt peanut butter in microwave for 20 seconds or until smooth.
Stir in syrup.
Fold mixture into whipped topping until well combined.
Spoon into 12 paper muffin cups, freeze for at least 1 hour.
Makes: 12 peanut butter cups
Serving size: 1 peanut butter cup

YUMMY! I've had these sitting in the freezer and been popping them whenever my chocolate/salty craving comes over and they REALLY do the trick!

I've also been nuking frozen mixed berries over frozen cool whip. The juice and cool whip mix and taste like a nice sorbet/yogurt. Very tasty.

amylou7777
07-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Here's one from the COD

Biscotti Sundaes

1 triple chocolate biscotti
1 cup low fat/sugar free vanilla ice cream
2tbsp fat free Cool Whip

place biscotti in zop top bag. With a rolling pin crush into bite size pieces, or smaller
place 1/2 cup ice creaim in each of two bowls
top with 1 tbs each of cool whip
Divide crushed biscotti over sundaes. Enjoy!

Serving Size-1 sundae
Counts as: I fruit, 1 starch, 1 condiment

bizlawchik
07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Amy - How many servings does that make? I'm guessing 2 or 3? Maybe even 4? 1/2c FF/SF ice cream = 1S and 1 biscotti = 1S, 1Fr. Can you find out 'cause it sounds yummy.

JerseyMadchen
07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Mmmm...biscotti sundae sounds great. I am a sucker for oreos on my ice cream and this sounds like a fantastic subsitute.

amylou7777
07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
It says two servings. This is COD approved! I think bc you are only sprinkling the biscotti and splitting it, it's only counting as the fruit.

bizlawchik
07-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Yum, thanks!!!!

SaphhireJenn
07-07-2007, 09:33 PM
My COD turned my onto an ice cream shop in town that has ice cream that is low fat, low sugar, low carb and told me to count it as a fat! It is amazing. It is d'lite ice cream (www . gator dlite . com - without the spaces)

Ice cream is a huge thing for me - so this has been a life saver. It doesn't taste any different and is very creamy. I buy 3 at a time and keep them in my freezer. You can have an 8 oz portion too! I try to keep them to 1-2 x per week though to keep from slowing things down.

Jenn

Jillibean1
07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I finally made the Peanut Butter Cups today. I put them in the mini muffin pans, so that I can have 2 instead of 1. They are very good.
Jill

Mama Nicole
10-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Just bumping this up for Emily and any other newbies :)

Kim0303
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow ladies! Thanks. These sound wonderful. I was really missing rice crispie treats. I will have to try that along with the many other things mentioned

EmilyLashea
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I am anxious to get going on some of these!! They sound great! I'm using Lites, so I like to cut one up and throw it in the blender with some ice cream.. Tastes as good as a Dairy Queen Blizzard to me :)

bradleys mom
10-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Mine is actually very simple. But I usually take my strawberry banana yogurt and mix in my grapes. I know its so simple but I think it is so delish!!!

janetp
10-23-2007, 01:50 AM
I'm clearly the slacker in this group because my sweet fix trick doesn't involve so much as a measuring spoon! I save my chewable calcium supplement (caramel flavor) for when I need the afternoon fix. Only 20 calories, but it hits the spot for me.

BTW - I new here, but I love this topic! And the people in this group are so inspiring.

Lynx
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Here are my sweet fixes and there is a theme here - peanut butter

Peanut butter on a microwave baked apple. Either 1 TB or 2TB depending on whether I am having it for breakfast for lunch.

Peanut butter spread on a reduced fat waffle. I just bought Eggo K low fat waffles (I consider the 60 calories as 1 Starch for me) Again depending on the meal, it is 1TB or 2TB. This is what I am having for lunch today.

Kim #3 - if you miss rice crispie treats and are not soy intolerant. I just found South Beach high protein cereal bars in the peanut butter flavor. I had them on vacation in lieu of a LA lite bar and in my opinion, they are to die for. 140 cal; fiber 3, protein 10, sugar 9. Yesterday, I bought 2 other boxes, but I have not tried the other flavors yet. I bought the chocolate and cranberry almond.

Lastly, this is a sweet treat and comfort food for me which brings me back to childhood and something my mother made adapted, of course.
Rice pineapple fluff. Start with 1/3 cup of raw white rice and cook it. This turns into 2/3 cup cooked rice (2 starches); add 3/4 cup pineapple and then 2 TB of cool whip. So it ends up to be 2S, 1 Fruit and 2 condiments.
If you are someone on a numbered plan with lots of starches to use up in a day, you could try this.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

Kim0303
10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
WOW. Thanks Lynn

ronlu
10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Just chiming in with a couple of ideas. The first is no fat, no sugar Jello chocolate pudding prepared from scratch: ready in 5 minutes. Also, crystal light in cottage cheese with or without fruit; added bonus is that you get in 1/2 or full protein, depending how your day is scheduled.

Mama Nicole
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
here is a bump in response to the desert request thread :)

Kimphin
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh, I thought it was because you didn't like any of the suggestions in the "how do you like your veggies" thread!

Ana08
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Kim :rofl: yes,,this is in response to the veggie thread :rofl: In case,,we all become too healthy !!!!

Thanks for bumping this one up, Nicole.

I am going to try the apple cinnamon now,,all excited :lol:

Ana

susanwmsrn
10-22-2008, 12:52 PM
banana split snack
grahmn cracker/ cream cheese ( i put a little splenda on it)/ 1/2 banana sliced
tastes yummy

cecil
10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know how you count that Pumpkin dessert?
SF FF Vanilla pudding FF whip cream can of pumpkin and pumpkin spice?

Mama Nicole
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh, Cecilia.....if I remember right, it counts as a fruit and a dairy.....or it may even be a veggie and a dairy. Hmm, anyone remember?

whatazoo
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Pumpkin would be veggie... FF Cool Whip is a condiment. Don't remember the whole recipe, sorry.

LadyZaidi
10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Maybe not as much now that the weather is cooling off, but sugar free popsicles are an easy sweet treat for me. Most have @ 15-20 calories. I count one as a condiment or part of my SF candy allowance.